Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

+35
JustWinnie
ellejay
Hinky's Mimi
nanshin
CA Lady
ishi
angiefly2
Roxanne14
ExerSarah
SweetT
Ellie Tza
sitemama
Soprano1
Orgona
Lash
Freckles
snowbird
Alessandra_Deux
hailey35
Justice4all
Stolat
Tbrownsanjo
Chester_from_THM
Joju
Chickenbutt
Typo Positive
senseigurl
kimi_SFC
Beaner
justanopinion
Julie
Ann - Tx
nanaof4
Honeysage
Tamta
39 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 9:42 am

Hinky's Mimi wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:Yesterday at the p/c LE would not positively say which of the 3 Safeway assaults in 2009 that Torres was linked to. Now they do:

"Garcia-Torres worked at Safeway on Tennant Avenue in Morgan Hill as recently as 2010 -- the same Safeway where he was arrested at gunpoint Monday night. With evidence in the Sierra case, police have also linked him to a 2009 Taser assault of a woman in her car in that Safeway parking lot."

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_20684129/suspect-sierra-lamar-case-was-watched-constantly-weeks?source=most_viewed

Some of the Sheriffs words on the assaults:
(taken from the WS transcription offered up thread here, yesterday's post)

A REPORTER: With regards to (indiscernible) 2009, were
they sexual in nature, or were they physical assaults?

SHERIFF SMITH: They were physical assaults that were not
completed, if you will. And I know it's been widely reported
in the media. One was where a taser was involved but the
victim managed to get away. Another one was where the victim
had a knife that had been used against her. And the other one
was he was not able to get into the victim's car. She had
locked it. Those have been reported by the media, and one of
those we have linked through evidence to our suspect.

A REPORTER: Which one? Taser, the knife, or the --

SHERIFF SMITH: You know, I don't remember which one it
was.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
During the conference yesterday the sheriff said, herself, that she didn't remember which one.

Well it's kind of important to her case.
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 9:45 am

Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:Yesterday at the p/c LE would not positively say which of the 3 Safeway assaults in 2009 that Torres was linked to. Now they do:

"Garcia-Torres worked at Safeway on Tennant Avenue in Morgan Hill as recently as 2010 -- the same Safeway where he was arrested at gunpoint Monday night. With evidence in the Sierra case, police have also linked him to a 2009 Taser assault of a woman in her car in that Safeway parking lot."

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_20684129/suspect-sierra-lamar-case-was-watched-constantly-weeks?source=most_viewed

Some of the Sheriffs words on the assaults:
(taken from the WS transcription offered up thread here, yesterday's post)

A REPORTER: With regards to (indiscernible) 2009, were
they sexual in nature, or were they physical assaults?

SHERIFF SMITH: They were physical assaults that were not
completed, if you will. And I know it's been widely reported
in the media. One was where a taser was involved but the
victim managed to get away. Another one was where the victim
had a knife that had been used against her. And the other one
was he was not able to get into the victim's car. She had
locked it. Those have been reported by the media, and one of
those we have linked through evidence to our suspect.

A REPORTER: Which one? Taser, the knife, or the --

SHERIFF SMITH: You know, I don't remember which one it
was.

I found that incredible - they've been following this guy for two months - they put on this incredible Dancing With the Stars style of arrest complete with red carpet rolled out for the media -- and she can't remember which of the 3 assaults he was linked to in the 2009 assaults? I mean, those earlier assaults are surely what gives them cause to believe he is serial offender and the supporting argument for why Smith said she wanted him off the streets before any more girls taken. The 2009 link is their basis for thinking this guy will do it again. It would have been a *significant* discovery for them. And she can't remember? I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now.

I think she can't remember because they actually suspect him to be linked to ALL THREE assaults but they don't have as strong of a case in the other two -- but because they suspect him of all three, she couldn't remember the specific detail of which scenario had the strongest link.

Laurie Smith (sp) has never come across to me as one who intellectually has a strong handle on the facts at least when it comes to talking publicly about them.

The famous NG where Marlene does the 'he left before he left after me' thing about her bf- in that episode Smith does not really come across like she knows the facts in and out.

This is a case of a lifetime for her- it has international press.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed May 23, 2012 9:49 am

I agree. I don't think he is going to talk. It doesn't appear LE gathered much information from him in any investigative interviews or interrogation. I thought this question was interesting, more the answer. At yesterday's PC a reporter asked about an alibi. You could barely hear her ask the question.

A REPORTER: Does he have an alibi?

SHERIFF SMITH: Again, he has not been totally disclosive
with us in it, so we haven't had an opportunity to test any
alibi.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/hh4ldb

Hotsteno- Thank you very much for transcribing the PC!
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Joju Wed May 23, 2012 9:53 am

Lets hope they r going back to rerearch safeways trash at the land fill. Also since pics on his myspace show him outdoors quite a bit, figure out where they r and search those locations. Joju
Joju
Joju

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Wed May 23, 2012 9:57 am

I wonder how much acreage goes with the farmhouse he was evicted from and if it has been searched?
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by senseigurl Wed May 23, 2012 10:01 am

There was no public announcement of searching Cunningham Lake. It's only a 30 minute drive.

If he knew he was being tracked by GPS, then what would stop him from calling one of his friends for rides? What if one of his friends has knowledge of Sierra's whereabouts?
senseigurl
senseigurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 10:04 am

Lash wrote:I agree. I don't think he is going to talk. It doesn't appear LE gathered much information from him in any investigative interviews or interrogation. I thought this question was interesting, more the answer. At yesterday's PC a reporter asked about an alibi. You could barely hear her ask the question.

A REPORTER: Does he have an alibi?

SHERIFF SMITH: Again, he has not been totally disclosive
with us in it, so we haven't had an opportunity to test any
alibi.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/hh4ldb

Hotsteno- Thank you very much for transcribing the PC!

I noticed that too.
I think the same.

i hope that the SO was not banking on a confession as a way of obtaining more evidence to keep these charges sticking.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 10:07 am

senseigurl wrote:There was no public announcement of searching Cunningham Lake. It's only a 30 minute drive.

If he knew he was being tracked by GPS, then what would stop him from calling one of his friends for rides? What if one of his friends has knowledge of Sierra's whereabouts?

Wasn't his car reported stolen around 10am?

If this is the perp, he had to act very fast.

Nabbing Sierra on her way out of the house, assaulting, murdering, discarding her body, dealing with the bag in the way that he did, ditching the car all has to be less than a 3 hour time span, no?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 am

Joju wrote:Lets hope they r going back to rerearch safeways trash at the land fill. Also since pics on his myspace show him outdoors quite a bit, figure out where they r and search those locations. Joju

Good point. i have not seen the myspace account (filtered from this computer) but I too hope they can recognize something discerning from the photos. I hope they bring in some really good profilers for this one. If he is truly linked to the Safeway assaults - that says something about a guy who is brazen enough to assault someone in his own "bread n butter" so to speak - the place the pays his bills. I would love to know what a profiler thinks of this guy. He didn't finish high school yet he's smart enough to find and remove the GPS tracker from his car and he's smart enough to toss Sierra's phone with the GPS from the car. So those are two separate examples of how he knows GPS tracking can be used. In my world, that is a "pattern" Now I just gotta figure out what the pattern suggests.

How is it that he is so familiar with GPS tracking and how could that be used to determine what he would have done with Sierra's body. Sadly I am not operating under the premise he kept her alive. I would like to know if they seized his phone & computer and checked his history to see what he may have searched the internet for. Something tells me he plans ahead and researches first. This may be a random crime, but it is not unplanned - people who commit random crimes (from my observation) have to work harder to plan ahead of time to cover up their tracks because there are so many more unknowns and moving parts.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed May 23, 2012 10:09 am

ishi wrote:I wonder how much acreage goes with the farmhouse he was evicted from and if it has been searched?

very good thought ishi !!
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 10:10 am

Stolat wrote:
Joju wrote:Lets hope they r going back to rerearch safeways trash at the land fill. Also since pics on his myspace show him outdoors quite a bit, figure out where they r and search those locations. Joju

Good point. i have not seen the myspace account (filtered from this computer) but I too hope they can recognize something discerning from the photos. I hope they bring in some really good profilers for this one. If he is truly linked to the Safeway assaults - that says something about a guy who is brazen enough to assault someone in his own "bread n butter" so to speak - the place the pays his bills. I would love to know what a profiler thinks of this guy. He didn't finish high school yet he's smart enough to find and remove the GPS tracker from his car and he's smart enough to toss Sierra's phone with the GPS from the car. So those are two separate examples of how he knows GPS tracking can be used. In my world, that is a "pattern" Now I just gotta figure out what the pattern suggests.

How is it that he is so familiar with GPS tracking and how could that be used to determine what he would have done with Sierra's body. Sadly I am not operating under the premise he kept her alive. I would like to know if they seized his phone & computer and checked his history to see what he may have searched the internet for. Something tells me he plans ahead and researches first. This may be a random crime, but it is not unplanned - people who commit random crimes (from my observation) have to work harder to plan ahead of time to cover up their tracks because there are so many more unknowns and moving parts.

Well they took his pillows, blankets, boots.
Why would they have left his phone and computer?

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed May 23, 2012 10:11 am

senseigurl wrote:There was no public announcement of searching Cunningham Lake. It's only a 30 minute drive.

My suspicion is that if they were GPS tracking his mother's car, in addition to his - they too are considering he may have had help or may be able to get to the answers by also getting to his circle of friends.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 am

Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:

I wonder if their search at the resevoir has something to do with the vegetation or dirt samples from his boots?

Similar thing in that case not long ago where the husband was convicted for his wife's murder because his shoes contained leaves and spores from a very particular shrub located on a remote nursery near the cemetary where her body was found (name escapes me).
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 11 Empty Volunteers to Conduct Recovery Operation for Sierra Lamar Wednesday

Post by Stolat Wed May 23, 2012 10:17 am

"In regard to continuing search efforts, Marc Klaas of the Klaas Kids Foundation says it's more important than ever to locate Sierra's remains before the suspect in her killing can trade the location of her body for potential leniancy.

"To be able to take the power that this guy currently holds over us to make a deal for his miserable disgusting life and to put him where he belongs which is behind some triple set of bars where he can never do harm to another living person," Klaas tells KRON 4."

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4214
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed May 23, 2012 10:23 am

Regarding the 2009 assaults and which of the 3 assualts this perp has been linked to forensically - I believe it would be wise for LE not to share that piece of information with the perp or us. Let him sweat.

We have no additional info on the 3 assaults. Did he cover his face? Could he have been picked out of a lineup. Maybe this actually has happened, if not, too late now since his face is all over the news. I personally believe if LE plans to charge him on any of the 2009 assaults the less they disclose the better. He nor his future defense attorney should be privileged to the discovery until the prosecution is legally bound to turn it over. If he doesn't cooperate, neither should the prosecution or LE.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 10:23 am

Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:

I wonder if their search at the resevoir has something to do with the vegetation or dirt samples from his boots?

Similar thing in that case not long ago where the husband was convicted for his wife's murder because his shoes contained leaves and spores from a very particular shrub located on a remote nursery near the cemetary where her body was found (name escapes me).

Stolat

I'm going to bring it up again and post it after I drop of my son, but those items were gathered more recently in the investigation and not early.

Yes the boot prints make sense but the SO implied that these items were collected on a later return trip to the Torres home.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Joju Wed May 23, 2012 10:24 am

I call BS on finding the gps. I think moms been fed some poo. Joju
Joju
Joju

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 10:25 am

Lash wrote:Regarding the 2009 assaults and which of the 3 assualts this perp has been linked to forensically - I believe it would be wise for LE not to share that piece of information with the perp or us. Let him sweat.

We have no additional info on the 3 assaults. Did he cover his face? Could he have been picked out of a lineup. Maybe this actually has happened, if not, too late now since his face is all over the news. I personally believe if LE plans to charge him on any of the 2009 assaults the less they disclose the better. He nor his future defense attorney should be privileged to the discovery until the prosecution is legally bound to turn it over. If he doesn't cooperate, neither should the prosecution or LE.

Has he been charged with them yet?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed May 23, 2012 10:30 am

Lash wrote:Regarding the 2009 assaults and which of the 3 assualts this perp has been linked to forensically - I believe it would be wise for LE not to share that piece of information with the perp or us. Let him sweat.

We know from the composite sketch that he attempted to conceal himself by wearing his hoodie up over his head. But the mere fact that a composite sketch exists tells us he didn't completely conceal himself or his face - at least not to one of the 3 victims. I agree with you - I think they are lining up their ducks to go for the full tamale and get him on all the charges if they can.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 11 Empty Sierra Lamar

Post by senseigurl Wed May 23, 2012 10:33 am

Tamta wrote:

No charges have been filed as of yet.
senseigurl
senseigurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed May 23, 2012 10:34 am

Joju wrote:I call BS on finding the gps. I think moms been fed some poo. Joju

mmmm... you could be right, but i don't know - the fact that he *never* once took the bait on any of the announced searches and never drove anywhere that led police to her seems to lend support to the argument that he was being careful about his tracks. Not careful enough to stop driving through the area and be caught on surveillance tape - but once he was questioned early on, it seems he went into covert mode.

The sister said it too - and the tone in which she said it was defiance - it seems like an awfully arrogant remark to make. Like "hey, we're smarter than you, you won't catch me". I mean how stupid is it to say that they found the GPS -- because then it also indicates that they were behaving in a paranoid manner and intentionally not driving anywhere that may lead to discovery. Could almost be a testimonial to guilt of consciousness.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 10:35 am

senseigurl wrote:
Tamta wrote:

No charges have been filed as of yet.

Thank you.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Joju Wed May 23, 2012 10:38 am

You know I remember ML making a plea early on asking that Sierra b returned, so sad they have known for so long.
Joju
Joju

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 10:39 am

Stolat wrote:
Joju wrote:I call BS on finding the gps. I think moms been fed some poo. Joju

mmmm... you could be right, but i don't know - the fact that he *never* once took the bait on any of the announced searches and never drove anywhere that led police to her seems to lend support to the argument that he was being careful about his tracks. Not careful enough to stop driving through the area and be caught on surveillance tape - but once he was questioned early on, it seems he went into covert mode.

The sister said it too - and the tone in which she said it was defiance - it seems like an awfully arrogant remark to make. Like "hey, we're smarter than you, you won't catch me". I mean how stupid is it to say that they found the GPS -- because then it also indicates that they were behaving in a paranoid manner and intentionally not driving anywhere that may lead to discovery. Could almost be a testimonial to guilt of consciousness.

I'm curious about his employment since leaving Safeway.
No one has anything to say about that in his family or associations?

Is it confirmed that Torres was employed at Safeway at the time of these 2009 assaults?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 10:40 am

Joju wrote:You know I remember ML making a plea early on asking that Sierra b returned, so sad they have known for so long.

Who joju?

LE?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 am

Stolat wrote:

My suspicion is that if they were GPS tracking his mother's car, in addition to his - they too are considering he may have had help or may be able to get to the answers by also getting to his circle of friends.

I personally don't see the the tracking of the moms car as a consideration he may have had help. I think once they seized the Jetta his moms car was possibly the only means of transportation. It couldn't hurt anything and the chance he might use moms car instead of his own to lead them to Sierra's body was enough of a reason.

I don't want to give him credit for being intelligent just because he knew to look for a GPS device under cars and dispose of the cell phone. We live in a world where CSI shows are the highest rated shows on local stations. Cable TV has at least two channels dedicated to crime TV that play all day long. One even has a series "I almost got away with it". I refuse to watch. He could have learned everything he needed by just watching TV. It appears he missed the episode on DNA and forensics.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 10:57 am

Lash wrote:
Stolat wrote:

I personally don't see the the tracking of the moms car as a consideration he may have had help. I think once they seized the Jetta his moms car was possibly the only means of transportation. It couldn't hurt anything and the chance he might use moms car instead of his own to lead them to Sierra's body was enough of a reason.

I don't want to give him credit for being intelligent just because he knew to look for a GPS device under cars and dispose of the cell phone. We live in a world where CSI shows are the highest rated shows on local stations. Cable TV has at least two channels dedicated to crime TV that play all day long. One even has a series "I almost got away with it". I refuse to watch. He could have learned everything he needed by just watching TV. It appears he missed the episode on DNA and forensics.

My hope is, is that these forensics are so powerful that this case can be brought together and it can stand on its own and conclude his responsibility beyond a reasonable doubt.

His being mum makes me feel like he watched the episode about no body=no crime.
That "you got nothin on me" smug attitude just seemed all over his face at some points in the raw video, IMO.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 am

The GPS thing baffles me... how many people go out and check their car on a daily basis for hidden GPS devices that LE may have placed on our vehicles... maybe the clicking on my telephone or when my phone accidentally hangs up is actually when LE has disconnected because they got tired of my stupid calls... lol Seriously, if that doesn't say they are guilty of something what does?
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Joju Wed May 23, 2012 11:01 am

Tamta wrote:
Joju wrote:You know I remember ML making a plea early on asking that Sierra b returned, so sad they have known for so long.

Who joju?

LE?
Marlene.
Joju
Joju

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 11:03 am

justanopinion wrote:The GPS thing baffles me... how many people go out and check their car on a daily basis for hidden GPS devices that LE may have placed on our vehicles... maybe the clicking on my telephone or when my phone accidentally hangs up is actually when LE has disconnected because they got tired of my stupid calls... lol Seriously, if that doesn't say they are guilty of something what does?

I'm no expert on these statistics but
Invoking the Fifth?

That's hard not to see as incriminating.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed May 23, 2012 11:11 am

Stolat wrote:

We know from the composite sketch that he attempted to conceal himself by wearing his hoodie up over his head. But the mere fact that a composite sketch exists tells us he didn't completely conceal himself or his face - at least not to one of the 3 victims. I agree with you - I think they are lining up their ducks to go for the full tamale and get him on all the charges if they can.

Stolat - That was a duh moment for me! The sketch couldn't have been drawn without someone seeing his face!

Sheriff Laurie bringing up the additional 40 some missing cases seemed to be a small hint. In my opinion if he was involved in any of these cases, he had a system or pattern that has allowed him to continue. Something would have interrupted his pattern with Sierra. Maybe this would explain why her purse and books were left behind. He was working out of his normal pattern, therefore leaving evidence behind. Just an opinion, nothing more or less, this could also be his first murder.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Soprano1 Wed May 23, 2012 11:14 am

Tamta wrote:
justanopinion wrote:The GPS thing baffles me... how many people go out and check their car on a daily basis for hidden GPS devices that LE may have placed on our vehicles... maybe the clicking on my telephone or when my phone accidentally hangs up is actually when LE has disconnected because they got tired of my stupid calls... lol Seriously, if that doesn't say they are guilty of something what does?

I'm no expert on these statistics but
Invoking the Fifth?

That's hard not to see as incriminating.
I agree. There are a few legit circumstances in which it's use doesn't necessarily seem problematic to the defense (circumstances where one could easily have had opportunity &/or motive, but actually was not the perpetrator, so describing one's actions would be an inevitable false incrimination). Very rarely are these the actual circumstances when one chooses to invoke the 5th Amendment, though. It's typically used, as you imply, to avoid perjuring oneself in the process of trying to lie one's own way out of trouble.

In the case of Mr. Torres, and in light of the other violent crimes he's alleged to have committed, I'd say the latter, as you suspect, is exactly the case here.
Soprano1
Soprano1

Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hailey35 Wed May 23, 2012 11:38 am

Lash wrote: Sheriff Laurie bringing up the additional 40 some missing cases seemed to be a small hint. In my opinion if he was involved in any of these cases, he had a system or pattern that has allowed him to continue. Something would have interrupted his pattern with Sierra. Maybe this would explain why her purse and books were left behind. He was working out of his normal pattern, therefore leaving evidence behind. Just an opinion, nothing more or less, this could also be his first murder.

I can understand why he would have thrown Sierra's phone out the window. I don't understand why he would have disposed of her books and neatly folded her clothes in the same vicinity?
hailey35
hailey35

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 11:47 am

hailey35 wrote:
Lash wrote: Sheriff Laurie bringing up the additional 40 some missing cases seemed to be a small hint. In my opinion if he was involved in any of these cases, he had a system or pattern that has allowed him to continue. Something would have interrupted his pattern with Sierra. Maybe this would explain why her purse and books were left behind. He was working out of his normal pattern, therefore leaving evidence behind. Just an opinion, nothing more or less, this could also be his first murder.

I can understand why he would have thrown Sierra's phone out the window. I don't understand why he would have disposed of her books and neatly folded her clothes in the same vicinity?

A thrown bag and books makes sense to me.

But the way the bag discovery is reported does not, especially considering clothes inside that she may have been wearing that day.

Its self incriminating.

Why wouldn't he have burned her clothing or something to that effect?
Or disposed of it with her.

I have never been able to get past this bag on any scenario.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed May 23, 2012 11:49 am

Okay - I'm going to try something and hope it works (embed a map)

A) Torres's Home: Maple Leaf RV park on 15200 Monteray Rd.
B) Torres's work: Safeway on 100 Tenant Ave.

C) Sierra's bus stop: Palm Ave & Dougherty Ave.
D) Sierra's house: Paquita Espana Ct
E) Sierra's phone located: Scheller & Santa Theresa Blvd
F) Sierra's purse located: Santa Theresa Blv & Laguna Ave

Directly north of there (and following the same Bee-line Torres seemed to be taking) there is Santa Theresa County Park and Calero Resevoir -- where I believe searches have been focused. If you click on View Larger Map, you will see this area. If he's a random crime offender, stats say he disposed of the body within three hours -- that would mean he'd need to get very close to a final destination and also likely that he wouldn't be driving out of the way from point A to point B. Those two natural resource areas seem like prime location to conceal a body and follow the same path he seemed to travel.

Torres's mother stated that he claims he drove past her bus stop every day on the way to work (that does not indicate recent employment, she could have been referring to last year or previous). I do not see how that is possible as Safeway is no where near Sierra's house. It was also suggested Torres worked at the Dunne Ave location, but that is only a few blocks from the other Safeway on Tenant. I don't see any indication where Torres worked on a "daily" basis that would have placed him daily Palm Ave or anywhere near her bus stop. Interestingly enough her quote appeared in an article this morning and now it has been erased - I wonder why. I checked and neither Live Oak HS or Central HS (the alternative school he dropped out of) are anywhere near Sierra's house either. I just can NOT find any place near Sierra's house that he would have record of being "every day" as his mother reported.

I wonder where the farmhouse was where the Torres family rented in 2010 and were subsequently kicked out of. I wonder if THAT was the house that he left from each day that would put him in Sierra's location on his way SOUTH to Tenant Ave (assuming the farmhouse was north of Sierra's house). Then I could see that connection.

We know from recent reports that Torres is no longer working at Safeway and the family claims to not know what he is currently doing for employment and one article states that he is doing "odd jobs" for friends. Based on those details, one could conclude that when Torre's mother refers to a time where he is driving to the same place every day for work - that it would be Safeway.

View Larger Map

Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Wed May 23, 2012 11:51 am

I can say that at my previous job it was not unusual to hire surveillance. People sometimes figure out they are being followed etc. I think this is what happened he thought he was being followed and then checked the vehicle for tracking devices. Maybe saw the white van around his hood a little too often.
I also do not think this man only attacked and molested girls when his wife gets pregnant. I truly believe he has been doing this for at least 3 yrs and had only gotten better and better. I feel also as another poster stated that he is not going to talk about where Sierra is, possibly because they may find more than one victim there. I also feel that LE is Now, if they have not already going to go back through all their cold cases/ abductions/missing persons etc and see just how many of these this man may have been involved in. He may never see the light of day again at this point. I truly believe this man is a serial abductor/rapist and possibly murderer.
SweetT
SweetT

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Joju Wed May 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Stolat wrote:Okay - I'm going to try something and hope it works (embed a map)

A) Torres's Home: Maple Leaf RV park on 15200 Monteray Rd.
B) Torres's work: Safeway on 100 Tenant Ave.

C) Sierra's bus stop: Palm Ave & Dougherty Ave.
D) Sierra's house: Paquita Espana Ct
E) Sierra's phone located: Scheller & Santa Theresa Blvd
F) Sierra's purse located: Santa Theresa Blv & Laguna Ave

Directly north of there (and following the same Bee-line Torres seemed to be taking) there is Santa Theresa County Park and Calero Resevoir -- where I believe searches have been focused. If you click on View Larger Map, you will see this area. If he's a random crime offender, stats say he disposed of the body within three hours -- that would mean he'd need to get very close to a final destination and also likely that he wouldn't be driving out of the way from point A to point B. Those two natural resource areas seem like prime location to conceal a body and follow the same path he seemed to travel.

Torres's mother stated that he claims he drove past her bus stop every day on the way to work (that does not indicate recent employment, she could have been referring to last year or previous). I do not see how that is possible as Safeway is no where near Sierra's house. It was also suggested Torres worked at the Dunne Ave location, but that is only a few blocks from the other Safeway on Tenant. I don't see any indication where Torres worked on a "daily" basis that would have placed him daily Palm Ave or anywhere near her bus stop. Interestingly enough her quote appeared in an article this morning and now it has been erased - I wonder why. I checked and neither Live Oak HS or Central HS (the alternative school he dropped out of) are anywhere near Sierra's house either. I just can NOT find any place near Sierra's house that he would have record of being "every day" as his mother reported.

I wonder where the farmhouse was where the Torres family rented in 2010 and were subsequently kicked out of. I wonder if THAT was the house that he left from each day that would put him in Sierra's location on his way SOUTH to Tenant Ave (assuming the farmhouse was north of Sierra's house). Then I could see that connection.

We know from recent reports that Torres is no longer working at Safeway and the family claims to not know what he is currently doing for employment and one article states that he is doing "odd jobs" for friends. Based on those details, one could conclude that when Torre's mother refers to a time where he is driving to the same place every day for work - that it would be Safeway.

View Larger Map

Or he was scoping Sierra out, checking her route, I hate thinking logically when the person that did the obduction may not be logical, just crafty. Wonder if he had a day off the day she was staken or if he was already out of work.....I can't recall.
Maybe she was his odd job for the day? Who knows.
Joju
Joju

Back to top Go down

Post by senseigurl Wed May 23, 2012 12:13 pm

If I remember correctly, there were other similar assaults in the Bay Area, not only in Morgan Hill, but north of Morgan Hill during the 2009 attacks. I believe the citie(s) which those took place were also off the 101.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Bay-Area-Woman-Reports-Sexual-Assault-By-Man-in-Halloween-Mask.html

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/north_bay&id=6740104

There were some more assaults closer to what I believe was Union or Redwood City.
senseigurl
senseigurl

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Wed May 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Does anyone know or recall in regard to the 2009 taser attack that the perp has been linked to..what the victims age was on that one?
SweetT
SweetT

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm wondering if a re-enactment was done by LE.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed May 23, 2012 12:32 pm

hailey35 wrote:

Hi Hailey - I didn't explain very well. I'm speculating. If this is a serial predator he most likely would have a pattern. I have no idea why folding clothes would be important, but I have to believe leaving personal items behind is not part of the pattern. In my opinion if this was part of a pattern he would have been caught a long time ago. Could clothes be a trophy? I am speculating the pattern was interrupted and the belongings were left behind unintentionally. Maybe he was seen? I am speculating he was rushed and this could possibly explain the oddness surrounding her belongings.

Last edited by Lash on Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 pm

he was under surveillance since March 28th and the car was seized on April 7th...so GPS was only there for a week. did he get the car back or is it still impounded? you would think this arrest would clear things up but it has only confused me more. and i still don't understand the bag placement. smart enough to figure out GPS but stupid enough to leave evidence behind?
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Wed May 23, 2012 12:37 pm

Joju wrote:
senseigurl wrote:I think it's extremely plausible that the Willow Glen case is tied to this one.

I remember the Safeway incidents three years ago were in a relatively short time span. I'd say 2-3 months it went on. MHPD left messages on all residential phones warning people about the assaults. The suspect was most likely in "frenzy" mode. They didn't arrest anyone at the time for it.

This lack of action by LE most likely emboldened him. He may have thought, "I wonder what else can I get away with?" The WG incident was only a week after the Sierra disappearance. This was most likely his "frenzy" period. He most likely has psychopathy. Hopefully psych evaluation is performed on the perp.

He has a myspace: http://www.myspace.com/303044008/

http://www.myspace.com/303044008/

Did they search Cunningham lake? Cant remember. He has a pic of the road sign on my space. Joju
Did anybody look at the video that he downloaded. They are weird. Cell
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Honeysage wrote:

he was under surveillance since March 28th and the car was seized on April 7th...so GPS was only there for a week. did he get the car back or is it still impounded? you would think this arrest would clear things up but it has only confused me more. and i still don't understand the bag placement. smart enough to figure out GPS but stupid enough to leave evidence behind?

Me too Honeysage.

That is why I was asking about a physical re-enactment of the crime by LE.

How does the bag and dealing with it in that way fit into the scenario.

It does seem stupid for someone to do, whether or not Sierra was wearing those clothes.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Lash wrote:
clipped-

Stolat - That was a duh moment for me! The sketch couldn't have been drawn without someone seeing his face!

Sheriff Laurie bringing up the additional 40 some missing cases seemed to be a small hint. In my opinion if he was involved in any of these cases, he had a system or pattern that has allowed him to continue. Something would have interrupted his pattern with Sierra. Maybe this would explain why her purse and books were left behind. He was working out of his normal pattern, therefore leaving evidence behind. Just an opinion, nothing more or less, this could also be his first murder.

Why would he be changing an MO?
He was trying to set a scene of a runaway Sierra.
Is it because runaways are often given less investigation?
Was he trying to shift scrutiny away from a kidnapping?
The teacher with the matching Jetta: Did he call in to LE and say, "Hey. I got a car like that! I know another person who does too!"

This perp was trying to cover his tracks and yet had a need to make sure he stayed aware of what was taking place with the investigation to assure himself he was not being implicated. Because he was trying to change his MO it tells me he was afraid of a connection between Sierra's kidnapping and some similar crime in the past. He did not want the two connected and he saw connections (we may not be aware of but the LE may have seen them, too.)

When did his job terminate at Safeway?
Did he go back to the area after the job termination?

I am appreciative of the cameras the buses have. They see so much we don't notice.I recall reading of a bus driver in the area who after Sierra went missing, was apprehensive for some reason and drove each of the children to their perspective homes. Right on! We NEED people watching out for our children.

(I wonder if Sierra's phone was tossed because the perp was afraid not just of the GPS system but perhaps of that little camera built in...Bet he figured someone would grab that phone and never tell anyone.)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed May 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Violent Past for Sierra LaMar Murder, Kidnap Suspect, Court Records Reveal By Sheila Sanchez and Corinne Speckert May 22, 2012

http://losgatos.patch.com/articles/sierra-lamar-murder-kidnap-suspect-had-violent-past

Antolin Garcia-Torres was charged and found guilty of a misdemeanor for resisting arrest, vandalism, felony battery and unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor.

---more details on the criminal record of AGT
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Lash wrote: clipped-

Hi Hailey - I didn't explain very well. I'm speculating. If this is a serial predator he most likely would have a pattern. I have no idea why folding clothes would be important, but I have to believe leaving personal items behind is not part of the pattern. In my opinion if this was part of a pattern he would have been caught a long time ago. Could clothes be a trophy? I am speculating the pattern was interrupted and the belongings were left behind unintentionally. Maybe he was seen? I am speculating he was rushed and this could possibly explain the oddness surrounding her belongings.
I wonder. Did Sierra have on a ring, necklace, etc. that morning?
Could he have collected these items to present as "gifts" to his wife or other family members?

Touching off-base and a sore nerve here: Is he a documented legal in the USA? IIRC, his brother died in Mexico.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Wed May 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Tamta wrote:
Honeysage wrote:

Me too Honeysage.

That is why I was asking about a physical re-enactment of the crime by LE.

How does the bag and dealing with it in that way fit into the scenario.

It does seem stupid for someone to do, whether or not Sierra was wearing those clothes.

and he lives with his mommy and wife...doubt he's ever folded a piece of clothing in his life.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Wed May 23, 2012 12:48 pm

I agree with Freckles, he found out quickly that a runaway scenerio was being explored on the news or what not and went with that. It is easier that way..so if they found her phone over this way, then he plants the clothing and bag maybe it will lead credence to the runaway story especially if they are folded? IDK I'm not a crazy person but I can kinda see it really. The more time he can point fingers in a different direction the better. However personally to me the clothing would make it less of a runaway thing, but what ever right. This guy has had to have experience with this stuff. How in the Heck could he keep her subdued, drive down a road and still maintain control of the car etc? he has it down and you don't get this way from a one time deal. JMO
SweetT
SweetT

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Wed May 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Lash wrote:Violent Past for Sierra LaMar Murder, Kidnap Suspect, Court Records Reveal By Sheila Sanchez and Corinne Speckert May 22, 2012

http://losgatos.patch.com/articles/sierra-lamar-murder-kidnap-suspect-had-violent-past

Antolin Garcia-Torres was charged and found guilty of a misdemeanor for resisting arrest, vandalism, felony battery and unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor.

---more details on the criminal record of AGT

nice to know you can sleep with a minor-get her pregnant and just take parenting classes to avoid sex offender status...again, we have someone who has somehow avoided major consequences in life.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next