Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

+20
Gizmo711
Dis
snowbird
Alessandra_Deux
tesstruhart
sitemama
ecossie possie
Labadorable
emberl
alabama52
WeeBonnie
Hinky Refugee
Tamta
MollyK
Chickenbutt
Puzzler
CherokeeNative
serenaz1
ellejay
KZ
24 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case Empty Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by KZ Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:40 am

Thread to discuss statements of Witness #9, and analysis, thoughts, and opinions on same.

Ok. I can't resist a Schoolhouse Rock blast from the past here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsMPO3chgAo

Number nine will put you on the spot.
Number nine will tie you up, oh, in a knot.
When you're tryin',
Multiplyin' by nine,
You might give it everything you've got
And still be stopped.
If you don't know some secret way you can check on,
You'll break your neck on
Naughty number nine.

Last edited by Justice4all on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:45 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Math review.)
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case Empty Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:18 am

Jeff Weiner‏@JeffWeinerOS

Witness says ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ molested her as a child. Staring at age 6. "He would put his hands under my pants, under my underwear."

6mJeff Weiner‏@JeffWeinerOS

Witness 9 says ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬'s family "don’t like black people if they don’t act like white people."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case Empty Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:20 am

Daralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones

‪#Witness9‬ "We would all play in front of TV...he would reach under blankets/try to do things & I would try to push him off

‪#Witness9‬ "He would put his pants under my underwear...basically...****** me..." ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:22 am

"He just got this look in his eye like he was going to." Witness 9 seems to be related to ‪#GEorgeZimmerman‬, is about 2 years younger.

1mJeff Weiner‏@JeffWeinerOS

Witness 9 audibly upset as she recounts molestation claims against ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬. Describes in graphic detail. ‪#TrayvonMartin‬
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:23 am

‪#Witness‬ 9 ..."at this time I was 12...‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ was 14"

1mDaralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones

‪#Witness9‬ "He told me that he had to have surgery on his penis b/c he couldn't pee..so he made me look at scars" ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬

1mDaralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones

‪#Witness9‬ "He would say we weren't doing anything, just playing hide/seek...I was a kid, didn't know any better." ‪#
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:24 am

Frances Robles‏@RoblesHerald

Witness 9 is a relative close in age to him, who said he would put his hands down her pants and make her rub his privates.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:29 am

‪#Witness9‬ ..."There is one more victim, but she will deny it ..says she doesn't want to talk about it." ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬

2mDaralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones

Again, this confirms what I said all along...‪#Witness‬ 9 is family member..not an ex girlfriend which is what some have reported

3mDaralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones

There's more...I'm being very conservative with these tweets. Understanding that listening 2 claims of molestation is tough..
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:30 am

KZ wrote:Thread to discuss statements of Witness #9, and analysis, thoughts, and opinions on same.

Ok. I can't resist a Schoolhouse Rock blast from the past here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsMPO3chgAo

Number nine will put you on the spot.
Number nine will tie you up, oh, in a knot.
When you're tryin',
Multiplyin' by nine,
You might give it everything you've got
And still be stopped.
If you don't know some secret way you can check on,
You'll break your neck on
Naughty number nine.

Oops, in light of what W9 is saying, I'll delete my previous statement since it was referring to the Schoolhouse Rock phrase, don't want to get things confused.

Last edited by serenaz1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:30 am

Witness 9 calls ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ "Georgie." On alleged molestation: "I wanted it to just stop. I didn't want to ever have to tell anyone."

1mJeff Weiner‏@JeffWeinerOS

By the time ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ moved to Florida, "I had had enough." Says she was scared of what would happen. Was 16. ‪#TrayvonMartin‬

Frances Robles‏@RoblesHerald

She described him as a charming life of the party who everyone in the family adored. "He was different around me," ‪#zimmerman‬

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:34 am

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-16/news/os-george-zimmerman-jail-phone-calls-20120716_1_trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-shellie-zimmerman
'Witness 9' tells prosecutors Zimmerman molested her

Special prosecutor Angela Corey just released more than 120 recorded phone calls that murder suspect George Zimmerman made from the Seminole County Jail.

Also released is the statement of "witness 9," a woman who says Zimmerman is prejudiced against blacks.

Zimmerman's family, "don't like black people if they don't act like white people. They like black people if they act white."

More startling, however, the woman testified that Zimmerman molested her as a child.

"It started when I was six, he's almost about two years older than I am," she said, adding that Zimmerman was bigger and stronger.

"He would put his hands under my pants, under my underwear," the witness says.

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara made a last-minute attempt to block the release of witness 9's statement. He filed a motion this morning at the Seminole County Courthouse, asking that it be delayed, but Corey's office released it anyway.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:36 am

Wow. If this is the sum total of witness 9's second statement, I can see why MOM tried so hard to keep it out. This information is COMPLETELY unrelated to the shooting, or his mindset during the shooting, or any past history of violence. NO ONE, including his exgirlfriends has accused GZ of ANY sexual assault. Holy cow this is prejudicial. There is absolutely NO WAY to confirm or discredit what this witness is saying. GZ is not being accused of sexually assaulting TM.

If it is true, she should have done something legally about it a long time ago, and gotten herself counseling.

I am NO GZ fan, but this is just so, so wrong. Like Casey Anthony accusing George Anthony of sex abuse. This is the "nuclear" weapon-- sex abuse allegations.

This statement should not have been released or admitted, IMO. Whether or not it is true.

This really pisses me off. Anyone apparently can walk into a police station and make any wild accusation they want, and the judge is going to put it out there? whether or not it's even related to the case???

How, how, how is this ANY different from all of the cries of foul about TM's school disciplinary records??
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:37 am

Witness 9: Last molestation by ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ started as "massage," moved to touching and kissing. She ran away. ‪#TrayvonMartin‬

4mJeff Weiner‏@JeffWeinerOS

Last incident of alleged molestation was after ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ graduated high school, Witness 9 says. She was 16. ‪#TrayvonMartin‬
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:37 am

Put lipstick on that MOM.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 am

KZ wrote:Wow. If this is the sum total of witness 9's second statement, I can see why MOM tried so hard to keep it out. This information is COMPLETELY unrelated to the shooting, or his mindset during the shooting, or any past history of violence. NO ONE, including his exgirlfriends has accused GZ of ANY sexual assault. Holy cow this is prejudicial. There is absolutely NO WAY to confirm or discredit what this witness is saying. GZ is not being accused of sexually assaulting TM.

If it is true, she should have done something legally about it a long time ago, and gotten herself counseling.

I am NO GZ fan, but this is just so, so wrong. Like Casey Anthony accusing George Anthony of sex abuse. This is the "nuclear" weapon-- sex abuse allegations.

This statement should not have been released or admitted, IMO. Whether or not it is true.

This really pisses me off. Anyone apparently can walk into a police station and make any wild accusation they want, and the judge is going to put it out there? whether or not it's even related to the case???

How, how, how is this ANY different from all of the cries of foul about TM's school disciplinary records??

Okay, well now we know that O'Mara was right about something: this is inflammatory and doesn't relate to "this" case.

I feel so sorry for what all this is going to mean to this person who wanted to be kept unknown - that's over forever for her.

Why would the Judge and State be so adamant about releasing this witness statement this morning?

Last edited by Puzzler on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 am

A pig, is a pig, is a pig
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 am

Thanks elle for the updates!

So now are we going to have a big fight because the State released these over the Stay order?

I agree that they are irrelevant, but by FL Sunshine Law, did they 'have' to be released?
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:41 am

KZ wrote:Wow. If this is the sum total of witness 9's second statement, I can see why MOM tried so hard to keep it out. This information is COMPLETELY unrelated to the shooting, or his mindset during the shooting, or any past history of violence. NO ONE, including his exgirlfriends has accused GZ of ANY sexual assault. Holy cow this is prejudicial. There is absolutely NO WAY to confirm or discredit what this witness is saying. GZ is not being accused of sexually assaulting TM.

Although I believe all molesters should be outed whenever the opportunity arises - I have to agree wholeheartedly with you KZ on this. It should NOT have been released. I don't know that there is a statute of limitations on child molestation - and if there isn't, the State should have just filed additional charges in an unrelated case against him for this, but it should not have been released in this case. WOW
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:42 am

Witness 9 says her parents confronted ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ about molestation at restaurant. Zim said "I'm sorry and just got up and walked out."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:42 am

I have to agree with KZ that this should not have been released. It will not be allowed in the court case, as it has nothing to do with the shooting.

I am trying to remember something. There was something that BDLR said was corroborated. Was it W9's statement? I wonder whether they have another victim. If this is true, then I would be willing to bet that there were multiple other victims.

But this has nothing to do with the TM shooting.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:43 am

Don't shoot me......does this go to character of GZ? Without seeing the whole interview yet, do we know that it never became violent?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 am

Thanks Ellejay - you've made my morning once again. I wonder if Witness #9 has refused to press charges for the molestation - either that, or there is some statute of limitations...because I do not understand why the State would not have filed criminal charges on these allegations, especially since the last occurrence was after he had graduated high school...he was no longer a child. There is so much to think about on this issue - the fact that this was released, whether it can be prosecuted, AND if they did file new charges because of this, GZ would never get bail...I have to go sit in a corner somewhere and run this all through my mind.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 am

Could a case be made that this is reflective of his general character of being a Jekyll/Hyde type personality?

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:46 am

Puzzler wrote:

Okay, well now we know that O'Mara was right about something: this is inflammatory and doesn't relate to "this" case.

I feel so sorry for what all this is going to mean to this person who wanted to be kept unknown - that's over forever for her.

Why would the Judge and State be so adamant about releasing this witness statement this morning?

I thought that both the state and the defense were against releasing this information. I don't know why the state went ahead and made it available. I'm actually upset about this, because it seems profoundly unfair. No one tried to take legal action against GZ for this, and there is no way now for him to clear himself.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:46 am

Puzzler wrote:

Well, Judge Lester has just given MOM and GZ more reason to ask him to recuse himself. But whether or not JL stays on the case, the bell can't be unrung. The entire world will now be discussing 6yo GZ the sex abuse pervert. Whip up the lynch mob frenzy some more.

This was SO completely irresponsible, on SO many levels. Whether OR NOT IT IS TRUE.

GZ cannot get a fair trial. I'm convinced even more of that now. This whole debacle is a complete disgrace, from the initial police response to now. Complete and utter disgrace. Incredibly disillusioned, I am.
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:46 am

Jeff Weiner:

Why come forward now? "This is the first time in my life that I'm not afraid of him," Witness 9 says.
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 am

Puzzler wrote:

Unbelievable.
Sickening.

This is not relevant to the investigation.

Is this going to be one act of will after another to embarrass a defendant?

Is this how AC rolls?

The State is clearly desperate-
And losing respectabilty with these antics.

Last edited by Tamta on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:48 am

If the parents confronted Zim, why didn't they press charges?
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:48 am

But legally, since these calls were made in regards to Z, did they HAVE to be released or is that a judgement call with the Sunshine Law?

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:48 am

serenaz1 wrote:Could a case be made that this is reflective of his general character of being a Jekyll/Hyde type personality?

I don't see any way that this can be viewed as relevant to the shooting. The case against GZ for 2nd degree murder seems so strong. Now GZ will be able to claim, rightly, that the jury pool has been tainted and it will be impossible for him to get a fair trial.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:50 am

Tamta wrote:
Puzzler wrote:

Unbelievable.
Sickening.

Is this how AC rolls?

The State is clearly desperate.

The State "and" Lester - after all, Lester had to sign the release order.

Scorched earth - but it's going to hurt the woman more than anything else.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:50 am

CherokeeNative wrote:

Although I believe all molesters should be outed whenever the opportunity arises - I have to agree wholeheartedly with you KZ on this. It should NOT have been released. I don't know that there is a statute of limitations on child molestation - and if there isn't, the State should have just filed additional charges in an unrelated case against him for this, but it should not have been released in this case. WOW

--even the State didn't want it released----but explained that it was relevant, or COULD be, since W9's stmts have been corroborrated, and MAY be used @ trial, depending on the defense tactics...( if they go w/ portraying george as all-around-nice-guy i imagine....)

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/State%20resp%20to%20motion%20to%20reconsider%20disclosure.pdf
--state response to defense motion for reconsideration of W9 / jail calls..
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:51 am

Puzzler wrote:If the parents confronted Zim, why didn't they press charges?

I can see plenty of reasons why no charges were filed. Imagine how hard it would have been on the daughter, who was clearly already traumatized, to go through a trial. And it would have been hard to prove the charges.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:52 am

Chickenbutt wrote:Don't shoot me......does this go to character of GZ? Without seeing the whole interview yet, do we know that it never became violent?

If the State is merely complying with the Sunshine Laws, and there are no exemptions to warrant withholding this information, there wasn't much the Judge or State could do to prevent it. The media attorneys would have been on them like bees on honey. I am in shock though - I did not see this coming. MOM is right, this will prejudice everyone against him. No matter, everyone will have that little dirty secret in the back of their minds whenever they think his name.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:52 am

Puzzler wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Unbelievable.
Sickening.

Is this how AC rolls?

The State is clearly desperate.

The State "and" Lester - after all, Lester had to sign the release order.

Scorched earth - but it's going to hurt the woman more than anything else.

Agreed.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:53 am

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS
Last incident of alleged molestation was after ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ graduated high school, Witness 9 says. She was 16
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:55 am

Tamta wrote:
Puzzler wrote:

Unbelievable.
Sickening.

Is this how AC rolls?

The State is clearly desperate-
And losing respectabilty with these antics.

No, the State is not clearly desperate. They have to follow the law, as does the Judge. If there were no exemptions under the Sunshine Laws to prevent this from being disclosed, there was nothing either could do to prevent it. If you read the State's earlier pleadings, they TOO were not wanting it disclosed.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:55 am

MollyK wrote:

I can see plenty of reasons why no charges were filed. Imagine how hard it would have been on the daughter, who was clearly already traumatized, to go through a trial. And it would have been hard to prove the charges.

Yes, I do understand...totally.

I was just making a point that if this is true, charges could have been pressed. I guess they weren't or we would have heard about it in this statement.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:56 am

MollyK wrote:

If you listen to her contact call with investigator Perkins she mentions how mean the Zimmerman family is.

I sensed that there was a past attempt to confront the situation and the response she or her parents received was unempathetic to her and I'm sure that may have influenced how this was addressed.

She may not even have gotten the counseling she needed.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:57 am

Omg. And Angela Corey's history with the Cristian Fernandez case-- after Cristian's attys rejected a horrible plea, she filed NEW charges against the actions of Cristian AS A 8-10 yo, that if convicted, require him to register for LIFE as a sex offender. No kidding.

Hmmmm. Lots to speculate about there. Think sex assault charges will be filed on this? Was this a WITNESS statement, or a formal COMPLAINT?

This should NOT have been released TODAY, if it was released at all. Dirty, dirty, dirty.

I lost a LOT of respect for Judge Lester with this decision today. This was NOT a thoughtful legal decision. Not by a long shot. It's not as if she walked into the police station with a video of the shooting or something. This is irrelevant and incendiary.
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:57 am

--judgeL on why he denied their request to not release W9's stmt/jail calls.

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/order%20denying%20reconsideration%20of%20release.pdf
--July 12/2012--Order Denying Defense Motion for Reconsideration --W9 / jail calls.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky Refugee Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:59 am

CherokeeNative wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:Don't shoot me......does this go to character of GZ? Without seeing the whole interview yet, do we know that it never became violent?

If the State is merely complying with the Sunshine Laws, and there are no exemptions to warrant withholding this information, there wasn't much the Judge or State could do to prevent it. The media attorneys would have been on them like bees on honey. I am in shock though - I did not see this coming. MOM is right, this will prejudice everyone against him. No matter, everyone will have that little dirty secret in the back of their minds whenever they think his name.

I agree there is no way a fair trial can happen with this out in the world.....I had to quit reading and leave the computer it sickened me so much.
Hinky Refugee
Hinky Refugee

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:00 pm

KZ wrote:Omg. And Angela Corey's history with the Cristian Fernandez case-- after Cristian's attys rejected a horrible plea, she filed NEW charges against the actions of Cristian AS A 8-10 yo, that if convicted, require him to register for LIFE as a sex offender. No kidding.

Hmmmm. Lots to speculate about there. Think sex assault charges will be filed on this? Was this a WITNESS statement, or a formal COMPLAINT?

This should NOT have been released TODAY, if it was released at all. Dirty, dirty, dirty.

I lost a LOT of respect for Judge Lester with this decision today. This was NOT a thoughtful legal decision. Not by a long shot. It's not as if she walked into the police station with a video of the shooting or something. This is irrelevant and incendiary.

KZ, I understand what you are saying, BUT the Judge has to follow the law. If there were no exemptions, he can't just go and make his own law, he has to follow them. I don't know what everyone expected him to do. Had he refused to release them, against the Sunshine Laws, the media attorneys would have had him up on a Writ so fast... his hands were tied more or less.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:04 pm

KZ wrote:Omg. And Angela Corey's history with the Cristian Fernandez case-- after Cristian's attys rejected a horrible plea, she filed NEW charges against the actions of Cristian AS A 8-10 yo, that if convicted, require him to register for LIFE as a sex offender. No kidding.

This is going to hurt this woman a lot - and she wanted to be kept unknown...reporters will be digging like crazy to root her out. This isn't over for her.

I just don't understand why the judge didn't hold this back - he has the ability to do so.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:05 pm

ellejay wrote:--judgeL on why he denied their request to not release W9's stmt/jail calls.

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/order%20denying%20reconsideration%20of%20release.pdf
--July 12/2012--Order Denying Defense Motion for Reconsideration --W9 / jail calls.

Yep, Judge Lester clearly explains that he had no choice but to release the statements. You cannot hold the way our laws lean against him. His hands were tied.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:08 pm

If that's the way the law was written, then it needs to be modified. Before an hour ago, I never would have believed that anything could make me feel sympathetic to GZ, but this has done it. I still believe that he is a murderer, but everyone deserves a fair trial. He can't get one now.

This is working against what many of us want, Justice for Trayvon.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Well, even though this is prejudicial and irrelevant to the shooting, if I was chosen for the jury, I could certainly set it aside, as jurors are expected to do.

As to the relevancy, if the State is saying there's a possibility that it may be used to show his character, then it may become relevant during trial.

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Damn.....gotta run for a bit....my phone just died. WIll be back later.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:10 pm

MollyK wrote:If that's the way the law was written, then it needs to be modified. Before an hour ago, I never would have believed that anything could make me feel sympathetic to GZ, but this has done it. I still believe that he is a murderer, but everyone deserves a fair trial. He can't get one now.

I don't know why this would make you sympathetic to GZ, I think he can still get a fair trial, especially since we're looking at it not taking place for MONTHS.
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:14 pm

MollyK wrote:If that's the way the law was written, then it needs to be modified. Before an hour ago, I never would have believed that anything could make me feel sympathetic to GZ, but this has done it. I still believe that he is a murderer, but everyone deserves a fair trial. He can't get one now.

While I agree that this is irrelevant to the case in chief - neither the State nor the Judge could prevent it from being disclosed. BUT, from a NON-LEGAL standpoint, I do not in any way feel sorry or sympathetic for GZ - not only is he a murderer in my eyes, he is now an accused child molester. I don't feel sorry at all. Karma is what it is called. I hope if there isn't a statute of limitations on this, and Witness #9 will testify, that the State brings a new charge against GZ. He should not be allowed to go through life breaking laws, and laws of deciency, and then expect for them to be kept hush-hush. I truly believe he has gotten what he has coming to him - whether or not it is relevant to the case or not.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:21 pm

It won't hurt her if it is corroborated. Families know its almost impossible to prosecute this kind of abuse unless there's a smoking fun- DNA residue on the girl.
The vast majority of abusers never see any consequences.
If MOM want to put everyone's character on display in court as previously stated, well... He all but asked for it. Sunshine is what it as. Same as SYG.
Both questionable laws, IMHO

Puzzler wrote:

This is going to hurt this woman a lot - and she wanted to be kept unknown...reporters will be digging like crazy to root her out. This isn't over for her.

I just don't understand why the judge didn't hold this back - he has the ability to do so.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next