Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

+20
Gizmo711
Dis
snowbird
Alessandra_Deux
tesstruhart
sitemama
ecossie possie
Labadorable
emberl
alabama52
WeeBonnie
Hinky Refugee
Tamta
MollyK
Chickenbutt
Puzzler
CherokeeNative
serenaz1
ellejay
KZ
24 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case - Page 5 Empty Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Pay palest you take out UP TO 10k- they decide to do less.
No offence- That's a common lie I'm fed up with hearing repeated.

Puzzler wrote:
Freckles wrote:Updated: 5:24 p.m. Monday, June 18, 2012 | Posted: 5:21 a.m. Monday, June 18, 2012
Jail calls: Zimmerman told wife to buy bulletproof vest

" Um, I asked Ken to double up on it, you know, $10 in the morning and then $10 in th evening. And that way you can put, you know, into mine and then you can take, uh, $10 for you and $10 for Susie," George Zimmerman said.

"OK, why can't he just do both of em," Shellie asked.

"Because he can only take it from Peter Pan to mine," he replied."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/judge-expected-release-jail-calls-between-george-z/nPYWD/

That makes sense - PayPal rules are that you can't take out an amount of $10K or more - only amounts below $10K and that's why we heard about all those $9950 and $9990 disbursements during the second bond hearing. Also, PayPal set up is to one bank account. That would be the account you can transfer money to and George had the PayPal set up to Zim's bank account.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case - Page 5 Empty Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Can we not use he victims name here? I think only the slimy Tree House is doing that. Let's not emulate them.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Tamta wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:I agree Cher. For anyone who questions why this girl didn't open her mouth earlier, they only have to look around and see some of the reactions here. Think about it, if he had punched someone or stolen their lunch money everyone would be thrilled to discuss it. But only accusations of a sexual nature are beyond the pale huh? So she's supposed to keep her mouth shut unless she can prove it the very moment she makes the accusation. These reactions are what makes victims of sex abuse keep silent. This and the inevitable "it wasn't so bad" or "nuts and sluts" excuses.
She has been given plenty of reasons by society- and her family- to keep her mouth shut. They were indebted to the Zimmermans when this happened, she was entrusted to them. Horrible situation for a child.

I am a licensed health care professional.
As to her claims I can not address.

However addressing sexual abuse in a family dynamic is a very complicated and delicate endeavor, as it is personally.
The victims, and those who are intimate with them, require immense safety and ongoing support and guidance.
I would never advise a patient to pursue healing in this way.

Sadly, families often respond with denial, and private recourse is always a necessity whether the family can transcend to a place of acceptance or not, and whether she will ultimately feel able or compelled to a confrontation with her alleged abuser or seek legal recourse.

The public can deal with their own feelings of conflict between empathy for the content of her claims and whether cognitively they find her credible or not because of the context in which she chose to make her experiences public.

Her choice to address what are critical issues as a potential victim, in the way she opted to, IMO has put her in a very unsafe place - the opposite of what she needs to investigate and heal.
Just look at the scrutiny, and in some cases resentment and judgement, that she and now her family, are now under as you mention.

Shame compounded upon shame.
Heartbreaking.

I think right now about the two women who committed suicide after Nancy DisGrace trashed them on national television.

I hope this young woman is strong and that those close to her will rally to help her re-instate some safety and address her past and current issues.

If Christina is reading: please do not talk to the press or these lawyers anymore until you "have" to and do not go alone when you do, make an appointment with a therapist, and go spend a week or so away in a beautiful place with someone who cherishes you.

Great post Tamta.

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:42 pm

There is no shame in being the victim of sexual abuse and yet many are made to feel the shame, to bury their pain. (Look at the recent Sandusky case for how the men hid the truth, accepted the emotional pain for years and years.)

At the same time, to have to relive the pain takes tremendous strength. To relive it to others and have their opinions, their scrutiny and possible disbelief has to be terribly and emotionally draining. While the easy way may be to accept and move on without saying a word, it becomes a lie upon the person who is keeping the secret and then it begins to fester.

The alternative? An invasion of a person's deepest privacy.

It has not been that long ago when women were told they encouraged sexual improprieties simply because of how they were dressed, where they were, and because they were... female. There are remnants of this thinking still lurking not in the mid-east but right here in our own USA. (I have to think of Trayvon. He, too, had his innocence ripped away; he also was blamed for his own death because GZ BELIEVED Trayvon was in the wrong place at the wrong time and hence deserved what GZ gave to him.)

Do you see any difference in the thinking? "The victim asked for it. "
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:49 pm

BonnieWee - I do hope that you weren't thinking that I was repeating a "lie" on "purpose". Rather than say what I think, and because no one has provided proof of PayPal's rule, I went to PayPal and looked it up, so that I could supply something for all to see and that is that the maximum the amount is up to $10,000:

What is the maximum amount I can send with my PayPal account?

If your account is Verified, there’s no limit on the total amount of money you can send from your account. You can send up to $10,000 in a single transaction. (This amount can vary, though, depending on your currency.)

If your account is Unverified, there’s a limit on the total amount of money you can send from your account. To lift your sending limit, get Verified.

WeeBonnie wrote:Pay palest you take out UP TO 10k- they decide to do less.

Puzzler wrote:

That makes sense - PayPal rules are that you can't take out an amount of $10K or more - only amounts below $10K and that's why we heard about all those $9950 and $9990 disbursements during the second bond hearing. Also, PayPal set up is to one bank account. That would be the account you can transfer money to and George had the PayPal set up to Zim's bank account.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:14 pm

Oh absolutely not Puzzler! I am so sorry that it came off that way- busy day and and I did not explain it well. So here goes.
Paypal allows you UP TO 10k transfers. Not just transfers 9,999.99 and less.
GZ had the option - and he funds to transfer 10k all those times. So yeah he was it appears he was hoping to cheat the IRS as well as the court, his lawyer, the judge and all of us taxpayers!!

This "lie" about GZ about GZ is so frequently repeated that it is now taken as gospel pretty much everywhere. That is the sole source of my frustration. Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything- I know too well lots of great people have repeated that bit of nonsense. Pls forgive my terse response. Cool

Puzzler wrote:BonnieWee - I do hope that you weren't thinking that I was repeating a "lie" on "purpose". Rather than say what I think, and because no one has provided proof of PayPal's rule, I went to PayPal and looked it up, so that I could supply something for all to see and that is that the maximum the amount is up to $10,000:

If your account is Verified, there’s no limit on the total amount of money you can send from your account. You can send up to $10,000 in a single transaction. (This amount can vary, though, depending on your currency.)

If your account is Unverified, there’s a limit on the total amount of money you can send from your account. To lift your sending limit, get Verified.

WeeBonnie wrote:Pay palest you take out UP TO 10k- they decide to do less.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Great post Frecks! I am wondering how much their youth and closeness in ages played a part on her calculations not to go to the police as well.
Many states have laws that you need to be more than two years apart for it to be criminal rape I think. And GZ was so young too. Hard to imagine the law taking it serious till he was a teen. Loopholes like that make it hard for victims.
And now loopholes like the Sunshine law make it hard on this perpetrator.
I know it's not a fair legal system, but there's a lot of guys who DID make an innocent mistake and ARE remorseful and they're not out their getting "pro bono" or ANY bond or thinking about writing books and living like a king.

Freckles wrote:There is no shame in being the victim of sexual abuse and yet many are made to feel the shame, to bury their pain. (Look at the recent Sandusky case for how the men hid the truth, accepted the emotional pain for years and years.)

At the same time, to have to relive the pain takes tremendous strength. To relive it to others and have their opinions, their scrutiny and possible disbelief has to be terribly and emotionally draining. While the easy way may be to accept and move on without saying a word, it becomes a lie upon the person who is keeping the secret and then it begins to fester.

The alternative? An invasion of a person's deepest privacy.

It has not been that long ago when women were told they encouraged sexual improprieties simply because of how they were dressed, where they were, and because they were... female. There are remnants of this thinking still lurking not in the mid-east but right here in our own USA. (I have to think of Trayvon. He, too, had his innocence ripped away; he also was blamed for his own death because GZ BELIEVED Trayvon was in the wrong place at the wrong time and hence deserved what GZ gave to him.)

Do you see any difference in the thinking? "The victim asked for it. "

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:29 pm

BBM in blue:

GZ PayPal to GZ bank account is a cash transfer and wouldn't come under IRS scrutiny- they are both his accounts.

It doesn't speak to the issue of whether he intended to cheat the IRS, or to deceive the court, or to do anything to us taxpayers. It's the only way he could get $ out of PayPal.

WeeBonnie wrote:Oh absolutely not Puzzler! I am so sorry that it came off that way- busy day and and I did not explain it well. So here goes.
GZ had the option - and he funds to transfer 10k all those times. So yeah he was it appears he was hoping to cheat the IRS as well as the court, his lawyer, the judge and all of us taxpayers!!

This "lie" about GZ about GZ is so frequently repeated that it is now taken as gospel pretty much everywhere. That is the sole source of my frustration. Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything- I know too well lots of great people have repeated that bit of nonsense. Pls forgive my terse response. Cool

Puzzler wrote:BonnieWee - I do hope that you weren't thinking that I was repeating a "lie" on "purpose". Rather than say what I think, and because no one has provided proof of PayPal's rule, I went to PayPal and looked it up, so that I could supply something for all to see and that is that the maximum the amount is up to $10,000:

Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Puzzler wrote:BBM in blue:

GZ PayPal to GZ bank account is a cash transfer and wouldn't come under IRS scrutiny- they are both his accounts.

It doesn't speak to the issue of whether he intended to cheat the IRS, or to deceive the court, or to do anything to us taxpayers. It's the only way he could get $ out of PayPal.

WeeBonnie wrote:Oh absolutely not Puzzler! I am so sorry that it came off that way- busy day and and I did not explain it well. So here goes.

Actually, Zimmerman's bond was revoked and the judge raised his bond from $150.000 to $1 million because he lied to the court and there was sufficient evidence to prove it, even the forensic accountant who testified during the (second) bond hearing on Zimmerman behalf, conceded that Zimmerman had transferred the money into accounts that were in his wife and sister's name to make it appear as if he didn't have any money.

"Magill said that the money was moved in numerous increments of less than $10,000 to avoid tax reporting restrictions but was mostly returned to Zimmerman’s own account, from which almost $160,000 was sent on to an independent fund set up by his lawyer."

The money was transferred back to Zimmerman's account after he was released on bond.

"De la Rionda, however, questioned why the Zimmermans needed to move money between their various accounts for any reason other than to “hide” it at a time when his financial position was relevant to his first application for bail.

He asked Magill if he thought such transfers could be made to mislead a court. Magill conceded: “I wouldn’t say to mislead, but to make it appear like they didn’t have the money.”
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:

Actually, Zimmerman bond was revoked and the judge raised his bond from $150.000 to $1 million because he lied to the court and there was sufficient evidence to prove it, even the forensic accountant who testified during the (second) bond hearing on Zimmerman behalf, conceded that Zimmerman had transferred the money into accounts that were in his wife and sister's name to make it appear as if he didn't have any money.

"Magill said that the money was moved in numerous increments of less than $10,000 to avoid tax reporting restrictions but was mostly returned to Zimmerman’s own account, from which almost $160,000 was sent on to an independent fund set up by his lawyer."

The money was transferred back to Zimmerman's account after he was released on bond.

"De la Rionda, however, questioned why the Zimmermans needed to move money between their various accounts for any reason other than to “hide” it at a time when his financial position was relevant to his first application for bail.

He asked Magill if he thought such transfers could be made to mislead a court. Magill conceded: “I wouldn’t say to mislead, but to make it appear like they didn’t have the money.”

Exactly -

The issue was Transfering money out of GZs account to other accounts and then transferring back to his account in conjunction with the jailhouse calls where he appears to be advising or directing Shellie as to when where and how much, that spoke to Lester as an intent to deceive the court.

The legality of the money was not in question nor was it specifically illegal for them to transfer under the reporting amount. It's not the issue before the Court and doesn't speak to the matter.

MOM argued strenuously that GZ was concealing the money but not doing so intentionally from the Court.

Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:30 pm

True about the court - love your quotes too!- but I'm just talking about the transfer amount.
Everyone keeps saying he was bound by a Pay Pal rule to move less than 10k at a time. I'm just clarifying that Pay pal does allow you to move 10k. Or less than 10k.
Because everyone is reading it wrong and thinking he did that because Pay Pal forced him too. I submit he did that to attempt to not gt the transfers reported, which was the speculation before he Pay Pal rules were misunderstood - and brought in and this massive misunderstanding happened.
GZ tries to cheat more people, not a shock I know!

Alessandra_Deux wrote:

Actually, Zimmerman's bond was revoked and the judge raised his bond from $150.000 to $1 million because he lied to the court and there was sufficient evidence to prove it, even the forensic accountant who testified during the (second) bond hearing on Zimmerman behalf, conceded that Zimmerman had transferred the money into accounts that were in his wife and sister's name to make it appear as if he didn't have any money.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:37 pm

It only speaks to the issue that GZ COULD have transferred 10k out of pay Pal.
Merely correcting a very widely quoted - and incorrect- assumption that this was Pay Pal's fault. It was not. It was another stupid decision GZ made.
That is all. I was not speaking to the courts decision about the deception.

But on that note- newest phone calls claim MOM knew about 124k, up from just 37k only this morning.
Pay Pay - the gifts that keep giving!!!

Tamta wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

Actually, Zimmerman bond was revoked and the judge raised his bond from $150.000 to $1 million because he lied to the court and there was sufficient evidence to prove it, even the forensic accountant who testified during the (second) bond hearing on Zimmerman behalf, conceded that Zimmerman had transferred the money into accounts that were in his wife and sister's name to make it appear as if he didn't have any money.

Exactly -

The issue was Transfering money out of GZs account to other accounts and then transferring back to his account in conjunction with the jailhouse calls where he appears to be advising or directing Shellie as to when where and how much, that spoke to Lester as an intent to deceive the court.

The legality of the money was not in question nor was it specifically illegal for them to transfer under the reporting amount. It's not the issue before the Court and doesn't speak to the matter.

MOM argued strenuously that GZ was concealing the money but not doing so intentionally from the Court.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 pm

according to your own post, he could move 10k at a time.
Whether he was stupid enough to think it would not be reported was
Widely speculated UNTIL people started misinterpreting Pay Pals rules.
I thought some clarification was in order. GZ could have transferred 10k, and while it's not illegal, it does give cause for speculation.
Perhaps he misread the Pay Pal rules too?

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5