Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

+38
Hinky's Mimi
Julie
emberl
ChicagoChat
auburn99girl
cassiy45
Claire C.
Mercysake
sitemama
Labadorable
Dis
alabama52
sharona
back2back19
MDgirl
Porky
angela_nw
Stolat
snowbird
Tamta
ecossie possie
ClaireUncensored
MollyK
Chickenbutt
Puzzler
Hinky Refugee
Alessandra_Deux
serenaz1
CherokeeNative
ellejay
WeeBonnie
justanopinion
Ann - Tx
Gizmo711
KimmyK
Freckles
Justice4all
KZ
42 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 Empty George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by KZ Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:32 pm

General discussion thread. Please check out the sub-topic threads, also!
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by Justice4all Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Here are the links to the sub-topic threads.

Media coverage of the TM case

Document Dump 7-9-2012

Defense team discussion thread- strategy and Defense Attorney Mark O'Mara, and Donald R. West

Prosecution thread discussion- Angela Corey, and Bernie De La Rionda

Discussion on the internet presence of the Defense Team and George Zimmerman

GZ PayPal Defense Fund Discussion
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by Freckles Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:41 am

Tamta-
I am very disappointed in many aspects of this case so let me raise my hand.

I prefer to see dignity in handling a murder. There has already been enough trauma so more drama is not needed. Compassion from the LE for the victim's family should be a top concern. The media: It is a shame the media with its own dram-twists. We all know they are there to make money but, one again, some dignity for the legal process and for the victim's family/loved ones.

In this case, the media HAS tried to make it a circus and that rips away the dignity of both the legal process and the victim. A victim who did NOT ask to be in this position. I mean, let's have some respect in our reporting! Aren't enough hurting? (This is addressed to the media and not posters here. Retorachial. sp on that)

GZ: He has confessed. He will be tried. It is WRONG for his atty to gain profit for himself OR for GZ/family from the death of Trayvon. It is WRONG for MOM to advertize, IMO, unless it is a general request for a defense fund to be managed by the STATE with any proceeds to go to a victim's fund or directly to the victim's family. (I am sure there will be many expenses Trayvon's family will undergo; missed work for court dates and for "healing"; counseling costs, etc.)

JMO
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:48 am

Freckles wrote:Tamta-

I prefer to see dignity in handling a murder. There has already been enough trauma so more drama is not needed. Compassion from the LE for the victim's family should be a top concern. The media: It is a shame the media with its own dram-twists. We all know they are there to make money but, one again, some dignity for the legal process and for the victim's family/loved ones.

In this case, the media HAS tried to make it a circus and that rips away the dignity of both the legal process and the victim. A victim who did NOT ask to be in this position. I mean, let's have some respect in our reporting! Aren't enough hurting? (This is addressed to the media and not posters here. Retorachial. sp on that)

GZ: He has confessed. He will be tried. It is WRONG for his atty to gain profit for himself OR for GZ/family from the death of Trayvon. It is WRONG for MOM to advertize, IMO, unless it is a general request for a defense fund to be managed by the STATE with any proceeds to go to a victim's fund or directly to the victim's family. (I am sure there will be many expenses Trayvon's family will undergo; missed work for court dates and for "healing"; counseling costs, etc.)

JMO
Very true Tamta, but Zimmerman's attorney is one of the major players in fueling the media circus.
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:51 am

Freckles wrote:Tamta-

JMO
Very true Tamta, but Zimmerman's attorney is one of the major players in fueling the media circus.
Also, MOM is doing it with very little class. JMO
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:08 am

It seems that the donations are beginning to dwindle, only 37,000 so far, no where near the 100,000 that was kicked out to get Zimmerman out of the can and no where near the two million dollar mark that O'Mara is hoping for.

I guess it was a bad investment for O'Mara to use that money to spring Zimmerman, I doubt that he will get it back they way he was hoping to.

It wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing ads all over the place asking for donations, newspaper, tv, radio, internet...O'Mar is now desperate.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:31 am

tweet from Bob Kealing, WESH - Orlando, FL via RC Multi-Media Twitter (Homepage)

bobkealing Prosecutors preparing a release this week of more discovery evidence in #GeorgeZimmerman/ #TrayvonMartin case. Will it shed new light?
6 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:35 am

Everytime I have a few days where I can not be online something big happens and I get left in the Dust!! Laughing

The issue of Racial Profiling is a very sticky one. The unfortunate thing is that as enlightened as we all attempt to be there is still the "truth" that not all persons of a particular race is of a typical persuasion but statistically some races are more frequently involved with some activities than other races. (this may not be politically correct to say; however, I did attempt to make the statement as generic as I could)

For me personally, the issue in this case is not about race. It is not about GZ being Hispanic/white and TM being Black.
It is not about gun laws, It is not about Standing your ground. It is not about Neighbourhood watch.

For me personally, it is about an individual that took the law into his own hands, after contacting the appropriate authorities, who didn't feel like those authorities were there fast enough or doing enough to protect his community, who then through his faulty thinking decided that his particular brand of Vigilante justice was the appropriate form of action. For me personally, it is about a little man who wanted to be recognized as the hero he thought he was in his own mind.. and sadly it is MOO that TM was in the wrong place at the wrong time and his path intersected with someone who is unbalanced, glory seeking, hero complexed, and devoid of social responsibility or respect for the law.

If needed I can justify with examples why I believe GZ is all of these things. My heart goes out to the family of TM as there is no justification for his murder.. Had GZ waited for LE to arrive, they would have investigated and TM would still be alive and sent on his way.

Bottom line for me is that LE doesn't gun down people they suspect of wrong doing, they don't gun down people they catch in the act of a crime (most of the time unless no other option and that is rare) So pardon the pun but GZ just went off half cocked. MOO

justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:58 am

Tamta when I see posters criticising Sharpton's advocacy for an arrest I have to wonder why. When i see people blaming random acts of violence on Trayvons advocates (who have always stressed peaceful protest) I think it's gone way beyond the issues of justice or a fair trial for George.

I also don't get how bringing that in to a discussion of GZs lawyers current behavior or tactics is somehow relevant or at all productive. I get it that some people here harbor grudges against Sharpton for past actions but blaming the ills of black America on him is a bit much.
Is this where the discussion should go everytime there's criticism towards MOMs tactics? Because we were truly discussing current lawyers strategy and not months old grudges. I get that it's a free form discussion but it was sort of derailed by old resentments and I'm still trying to figure out if there was any relevance to the new discussion of MOMs recent statements.
I'm sorry if I insulted anyone with s pro- Zimmerman tag but I do think it's clear there are some thinking an arrest should not have taken place at all, and that the media has been irresponsible (and most of us take that as a given). If they wanted a thread examining the case from that angle I'd think that was fair.
I know there's offense taken by some at any discussion of the race angle in regards to GZ and many off us have tried to temper that out of respect for others here. But it seems like it's okay if Sharpton is dragged out to flog for some old resentments when the discussion is about MOM's current tactics. Im sorry I even addressed any of those comments, because I don't think they were even tangential to the discussion going on.
It's just a bit hard to ignore when random acts of violence are placed at his feet as if the racial issues this shooting has caused to surface were somehow down to the victims family, instead of the piss poor and confusing handling of the case by the SPD.

At any rate, it's been an interesting discussion and I have no idea which of the many new threads it should fall into. I cant think of anything I would post that wouldn't semi-fit into two or three categories. It would be tough to choose.
Kudos to those trying to figure out a way to organize it all.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:35 am

Gizmo711 wrote:It seems that the donations are beginning to dwindle, only 37,000 so far, no where near the 100,000 that was kicked out to get Zimmerman out of the can and no where near the two million dollar mark that O'Mara is hoping for.

I guess it was a bad investment for O'Mara to use that money to spring Zimmerman, I doubt that he will get it back they way he was hoping to.

It wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing ads all over the place asking for donations, newspaper, tv, radio, internet...O'Mar is now desperate.

--that's not too bad for only 3 days. the gzlegal mod popped in to the supporter$$$$$ discussion this morning to let them know they'd pulled in another $1000 overnight......we'll see if they can keep up the pace.

--i have no idea where omara&co think 2 million will come from, or WHY it's expected to cost that much to mount their defense in the 1st place.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:43 am

ellejay wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:It seems that the donations are beginning to dwindle, only 37,000 so far, no where near the 100,000 that was kicked out to get Zimmerman out of the can and no where near the two million dollar mark that O'Mara is hoping for.

--that's not too bad for only 3 days. the gzlegal mod popped in to the supporter$$$$$ discussion this morning to let them know they'd pulled in another $1000 overnight......we'll see if they can keep up the pace.

--i have no idea where omara&co think 2 million will come from, or WHY it's expected to cost that much to mount their defense in the 1st place.

If MOM was wanting the money to flow in like it did when GZ was first arrested, they made a mistake by bailing GZ out so quickly this time - I suppose MOM thought of this, but GZ was too anxious to get out and insisted. Had GZ stayed in jail a couple more weeks, people would have been more inclined to donate, but now that he is free, they don't see the urgency. IMO, this case won't even take 1 million to defend - MOM is just being greedy.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:28 am

tweet from InSession via RC Multi-Media Twitter on Homepage:

InSession George #Zimmerman’s defense says Zimmerman is in a safe house in Seminole County. Zimmerman walked out of jail Friday after posting bail.
13 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
~~~~~~~~

Hhmmm, I wonder if he is staying with MOM! lol
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:50 pm

justanopinion wrote: {snipped}
For me personally, it is about an individual that took the law into his own hands, after contacting the appropriate authorities, who didn't feel like those authorities were there fast enough or doing enough to protect his community, who then through his faulty thinking decided that his particular brand of Vigilante justice was the appropriate form of action. For me personally, it is about a little man who wanted to be recognized as the hero he thought he was in his own mind.. and sadly it is MOO that TM was in the wrong place at the wrong time and his path intersected with someone who is unbalanced, glory seeking, hero complexed, and devoid of social responsibility or respect for the law.

If needed I can justify with examples why I believe GZ is all of these things. My heart goes out to the family of TM as there is no justification for his murder.. Had GZ waited for LE to arrive, they would have investigated and TM would still be alive and sent on his way.

Bottom line for me is that LE doesn't gun down people they suspect of wrong doing, they don't gun down people they catch in the act of a crime (most of the time unless no other option and that is rare) So pardon the pun but GZ just went off half cocked. MOO

Good post, oh how I wish the cops had arrived just moments earlier! As a parent, I just don't know how you'd ever get over the 'if only...' part. Sad

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Ellejay - is there supposed to be a document dump today?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:28 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:Ellejay - is there supposed to be a document dump today?

--"this week" sometime--but reporters are hanging around the courthouse already, so we'll get it a.s.a.p. once it's w/ the clerk.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/7/9/more_george_zimmerma.html
More George Zimmerman evidence to be released

--snipped--
Zimmerman bonded out of jail Friday and hasn't been seen since. This week, we expect new evidence could be released in the case.

We’re waiting for more evidence to be released here at the Seminole County Courthouse. We know there are more witness interviews and jail phone conversations that could be a part of evidence.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Zimmerman at ‘safe house’ in central Florida

by Associated Press | July 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM
George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 Zimmerman-big-bucks-16x91
George Zimmerman enters Seminole County courtroom during his bond hearing on June 29, 2012 in Sanford, Florida. (Photo by Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel-Pool/Getty Images)

ORLANDO, Florida (AP) — The neighborhood watch leader charged with fatally shooting an unarmed black teenager is in a safe house that is being protected by his security team.

George Zimmerman was released Friday after posting bail for the second time on a second-degree murder charge in the killing of Trayvon Martin. His attorney said Sunday he was in Seminole County in central Florida.

http://thegrio.com/2012/07/09/zimmerman-at-safe-house-in-central-florida/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Zimmerman at ‘safe house’ in central Florida

by Associated Press | July 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM
George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 Zimmerman-big-bucks-16x91
George Zimmerman enters Seminole County courtroom during his bond hearing on June 29, 2012 in Sanford, Florida. (Photo by Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel-Pool/Getty Images)

ORLANDO, Florida (AP) — The neighborhood watch leader charged with fatally shooting an unarmed black teenager is in a safe house that is being protected by his security team.

George Zimmerman was released Friday after posting bail for the second time on a second-degree murder charge in the killing of Trayvon Martin. His attorney said Sunday he was in Seminole County in central Florida.

http://thegrio.com/2012/07/09/zimmerman-at-safe-house-in-central-florida/

I have 2 comments

Firstly, I am offended that GZ got to walk in the courtroom dressed like he was off to church. He isn't wearing handcuffs and looks like he is relaxed and attending a meeting...
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/zimmerman-bond-trayvon-martin-shooting-155422978.html

Secondly, I can't get over how his appearance has changed since this whole mess has begun. Any comments about the new "face" of GZ

Suspect
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:22 pm

justanopinion wrote:

Secondly, I can't get over how his appearance has changed since this whole mess has begun. Any comments about the new "face" of GZ

Suspect

Yeah, they're really going for the altar boy look rather than before, where he could have fit into a latino gang here. Can't fool me though, I still see the cold heart through the disguise.

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:28 pm

serenaz1 wrote:
justanopinion wrote:

Suspect

Yeah, they're really going for the altar boy look rather than before, where he could have fit into a latino gang here. Can't fool me though, I still see the cold heart through the disguise.

If you ask me, I think he is trying to get away from the "wanna-be-cop" look, or alternatively, the "skinhead" look. Now all of a sudden we are growing our hair out and parting it on the side...plus, you can't tell that all those bumps that were on the back of his head showing the injuries were just his natural lumps and bumps that are always there. Since you pointed it out - I recall MOM saying something that we could not hear at the last hearing, and GZ acknowledging by smiling and stroking his hair - giving the impression that whatever MOM said, it was about his hair looking better. JMHO
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:30 pm

forgot to mention.. on my link at the bottom is a video of GZ walking in to court... all meet and greet style!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/zimmerman-bond-trayvon-martin-shooting-155422978.html

barf
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:37 pm

="CherokeeNative"
If you ask me, I think he is trying to get away from the "wanna-be-cop" look, or alternatively, the "skinhead" look. Now all of a sudden we are growing our hair out and parting it on the side...plus, you can't tell that all those bumps that were on the back of his head showing the injuries were just his natural lumps and bumps that are always there. Since you pointed it out - I recall MOM saying something that we could not hear at the last hearing, and GZ acknowledging by smiling and stroking his hair - giving the impression that whatever MOM said, it was about his hair looking better. JMHO

Yeah, that's true also about it being a military/LE look also and about covering his natural bumps. My niece would look crazy with a shaved head, she has FREAKY lumps/bumps. lol I forgot about that little moment of hair adoration, good catch.

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:02 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
serenaz1 wrote:

Totally, totally agree. He had to get rid of that skin head look and that wannbe cop look..I'm sure he was advised by his attorney.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:30 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:

--yep. he's definitely trying to appear 'respectable family man/husband/college guy...' i can say i've never seen anyone who can look so different from one month to the next though, his most recent mug shot barely looked like him at all ( it was a pretty good "in hiding" look, he probably was out walking around and no-one even knew it was him. personally, i thought he'd had a major skin treatment, thanks to (cosmetologist) shellie i assume.)

--even now, if he wore a ball cap, he could get away w/ going out in the evening light...

--oh wait---george has to be in by 6.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Jose Luis Dieppa ‏@JOSELUISDIEPPA

#Breaking new #GeorgeZimmerman evidence will be released Thursday at 10:00am. #TrayvonMartin #Fox35

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS

New #GeorgeZimmerman evidence to be released Thurs includes witness statements, FBI & FDLE reports, crime-scene sketches. #TrayvonMartin
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:16 pm

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-09/news/os-george-zimmerman-more-evidence-20120709_1
State to release more evidence in George Zimmerman case Thursday

--snipped--

A recent court filing shows the documents include statements from several new civilian witnesses, reports generated by the FBI and Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Zimmerman's prior calls to police and his application for a concealed weapon permit.

The evidence also includes a sketch of the crime scene, as well as notes and memos from various investigators.

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky Refugee Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Ty Ellijay...I am excited for another doc dump.

I want to chime in on changes. So here goes:

I had never followed a case, never even knew what a blog was until I was reading everything I could google on Caylee's case. I somehow wound up reading at BlinkonCrime and after a while understood what blogs were ect. I found myself feeling as if I "knew" these people posting things. And I took a step in by posting. When Blink was unable to get posts out of moderation and posted quickly...I followed some of the regulars over to THM and admittedly absolutely felt like Vall and some posters were people I really knew personally...but, I seldom posted.

A few days ago, after reading here for a while now... I felt like I was comfortable enough to post and came out with a long post. It seemed I timed my entrance too late..lol...everyone was off on another subject. I did not care for that subject at all. So I just read and waited for it to cool down.

Someone used the sitting around a kitchen table description and that made me realize....no matter how a blog is set up.....it is the people who post that make you feel comfortable and want to read. Makes you want to sit at the kitchen table with them and discuss aspects of the case.

I do not read any other blogs....even though bloggers I know from the HM and Blink's post at Websleuths. Trying to navigate that sight is too hard and I do not have the time nor patience to do it. And nothing I have heard Kz say has led me to believe that is happening here.

The main thing I have to say is this: It is the people who post that makes the blog IMO. Not the format.

So, I am going to kick off my shoes, make myself at home here at the RC kitchen table and read away. I might comment once in a while, might not. But, I already feel I know a lot of you and enjoy spending my time here. It took me a while to learn how to find where you all were posting about this case even before any changes were made :)

As for Gz's change in looks....heck you all know he's poorly
trying to keep up his wife's concept of him as a cutie pie....just so she won't turn state's evidence against him......just saying...lol
Hinky Refugee
Hinky Refugee

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:39 pm

GZ formerly looked like he could fit in with several groups.. now he is starting to look like someone who could be afraid of his own shadow if the sun shone the right way! Honestly, now if you sat him in front of me; and I didn't know the story; I think I could be persuaded that he was a business man, banker, real estate agent etc... Scary thought for me! I really hope that the prosecution when the time comes can show pictures of the way he has changed over the few months.. he is trying to assume that the jury can be fooled and are stupid... Goodness I hope that when that time comes we can get enough individuals that can see through his mockery!

lol he reminds me of another case where he thinks he can outsmart everyone... but newsflash GZ here at RC we got your number!!

The doc dump is exciting! can't wait to see what hasn't been hinted at... can't wait to confirm how efficient we are at RC!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:43 pm

ellejay wrote:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-09/news/os-george-zimmerman-more-evidence-20120709_1
State to release more evidence in George Zimmerman case Thursday

--snipped--

A recent court filing shows the documents include statements from several new civilian witnesses, reports generated by the FBI and Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Zimmerman's prior calls to police and his application for a concealed weapon permit.

The evidence also includes a sketch of the crime scene, as well as notes and memos from various investigators.

Ellejay - TY
Bummer....I was hoping the release would be early in the week.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:44 pm

ha ha- altar boy- I had a similar thought! I haven't seen a guy with hair like that since Chip in My Three Sons! He looks so young! What's next - argyle sweaters and short pants?

serenaz1 wrote:
justanopinion wrote:

Suspect

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:58 pm

Hinky Refugee wrote:Ty Ellijay...I am excited for another doc dump.

I want to chime in on changes. So here goes:

I had never followed a case, never even knew what a blog was until I was reading everything I could google on Caylee's case. I somehow wound up reading at BlinkonCrime and after a while understood what blogs were ect. I found myself feeling as if I "knew" these people posting things. And I took a step in by posting. When Blink was unable to get posts out of moderation and posted quickly...I followed some of the regulars over to THM and admittedly absolutely felt like Vall and some posters were people I really knew personally...but, I seldom posted.

A few days ago, after reading here for a while now... I felt like I was comfortable enough to post and came out with a long post. It seemed I timed my entrance too late..lol...everyone was off on another subject. I did not care for that subject at all. So I just read and waited for it to cool down.

Someone used the sitting around a kitchen table description and that made me realize....no matter how a blog is set up.....it is the people who post that make you feel comfortable and want to read. Makes you want to sit at the kitchen table with them and discuss aspects of the case.

I do not read any other blogs....even though bloggers I know from the HM and Blink's post at Websleuths. Trying to navigate that sight is too hard and I do not have the time nor patience to do it. And nothing I have heard Kz say has led me to believe that is happening here.

The main thing I have to say is this: It is the people who post that makes the blog IMO. Not the format.

So, I am going to kick off my shoes, make myself at home here at the RC kitchen table and read away. I might comment once in a while, might not. But, I already feel I know a lot of you and enjoy spending my time here. It took me a while to learn how to find where you all were posting about this case even before any changes were made :)

As for Gz's change in looks....heck you all know he's poorly
trying to keep up his wife's concept of him as a cutie pie....just so she won't turn state's evidence against him......just saying...lol

HR - I am so glad you decided to post and hope you keep it up. You appear to have lots to offer. Yes, to me anyway, this thread has always seemed like I was sitting at the kitchen table discussing the case with all of my blogging friends. It's very easy to form attachments to people that you share your discussions with day in and day out even though you have never met in person. I look forward to reading more of your posts, and I apologize if we did not acknowledge your earlier post. Sometimes, you have to reiterate yourself because we are so wrapped up in whatever is being discussed that we miss some posts, even though not intentional. I also know how intimidating it can be when you first start posting and no one pays attention - so I will be on the look out for more of your posts. Welcome aboard. Cool
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:07 pm

justanopinion wrote:GZ formerly looked like he could fit in with several groups.. now he is starting to look like someone who could be afraid of his own shadow if the sun shone the right way! Honestly, now if you sat him in front of me; and I didn't know the story; I think I could be persuaded that he was a business man, banker, real estate agent etc... Scary thought for me! I really hope that the prosecution when the time comes can show pictures of the way he has changed over the few months.. he is trying to assume that the jury can be fooled and are stupid... Goodness I hope that when that time comes we can get enough individuals that can see through his mockery!

lol he reminds me of another case where he thinks he can outsmart everyone... but newsflash GZ here at RC we got your number!!

The doc dump is exciting! can't wait to see what hasn't been hinted at... can't wait to confirm how efficient we are at RC!

Yeah, Justa, I am starting to believe that the defense's case is going to be all about being smoke and mirrors. GZ's new persona is to do away with the skinhead look, hide the fact that most of the lumps and bumps were existing skull deformaties and not injuries, and to convince a jury that he is meek and mild and would be afraid of a mouse - and was frightened out of his wits over big, bad thug Trayvon.

I sure hope the Judge rules on the cell phone records soon - I truly want to see what it was that GZ texted and was referenced by the prosecutor at the 1st bond hearing. I wonder if we will ever see the witness statements of the missing witnesses - IRCC, #4, and 7?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:42 pm

ellejay wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:

--yep. he's definitely trying to appear 'respectable family man/husband/college guy...' i can say i've never seen anyone who can look so different from one month to the next though, his most recent mug shot barely looked like him at all ( it was a pretty good "in hiding" look, he probably was out walking around and no-one even knew it was him. personally, i thought he'd had a major skin treatment, thanks to (cosmetologist) shellie i assume.)

--even now, if he wore a ball cap, he could get away w/ going out in the evening light...

--oh wait---george has to be in by 6.

roflao Love it, elle!

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Wow I totally forgot the state police investigated also. And some new civilian witnesses also. I recall one of the original criticisms of the SPD was not getting more and fuller witness statements. I wonder how this ties in with this because I think maybe we've seen all that they had taken.
Cher - I thought there were three missing witnesses, but am pretty sure one was controversial #9. I can't recall if the judge had decided to release that one because IIRC, only the media was going after that. So as curious as I am about it I have mixed feelings. The media will exploit and inflame things whenever they can, and it's hard to balance that concern against the publics right to know. I guess if it is truly germane to the case it should be allowed, but since none of us know exactly what it is - I feel like... We just can't know. And if we knew- we'd probably disagree whether it's significant to the case. It makes me wonder if they will try to keep it out by keeping out ALL discussion of GZs character and motives.
That would be quite a bizarre trial, huh? Like the man who isnt there!
It may actually work to create reasonable doubt.

ellejay wrote:Jose Luis Dieppa ‏@JOSELUISDIEPPA

#Breaking new #GeorgeZimmerman evidence will be released Thursday at 10:00am. #TrayvonMartin #Fox35

New #GeorgeZimmerman evidence to be released Thurs includes witness statements, FBI & FDLE reports, crime-scene sketches. #TrayvonMartin

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:51 pm

ellejay wrote:Jose Luis Dieppa ‏@JOSELUISDIEPPA

drunken Damn them, making ME wait that long, I DECLARE TODAY WEDNESDAY! drunken

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:54 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
justanopinion wrote:GZ formerly looked like he could fit in with several groups.. now he is starting to look like someone who could be afraid of his own shadow if the sun shone the right way! Honestly, now if you sat him in front of me; and I didn't know the story; I think I could be persuaded that he was a business man, banker, real estate agent etc... Scary thought for me! I really hope that the prosecution when the time comes can show pictures of the way he has changed over the few months.. he is trying to assume that the jury can be fooled and are stupid... Goodness I hope that when that time comes we can get enough individuals that can see through his mockery!

Yeah, Justa, I am starting to believe that the defense's case is going to be all about being smoke and mirrors. GZ's new persona is to do away with the skinhead look, hide the fact that most of the lumps and bumps were existing skull deformaties and not injuries, and to convince a jury that he is meek and mild and would be afraid of a mouse - and was frightened out of his wits over big, bad thug Trayvon.

I sure hope the Judge rules on the cell phone records soon - I truly want to see what it was that GZ texted and was referenced by the prosecutor at the 1st bond hearing. I wonder if we will ever see the witness statements of the missing witnesses - IRCC, #4, and 7?

BBM - I haven't been following this case very much until recently and I've never heard before that knots on GZ's head were "deformatives". How/where did we learn that? TIA
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky Refugee Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:13 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
Hinky Refugee wrote:

HR - I am so glad you decided to post and hope you keep it up. You appear to have lots to offer. Yes, to me anyway, this thread has always seemed like I was sitting at the kitchen table discussing the case with all of my blogging friends. It's very easy to form attachments to people that you share your discussions with day in and day out even though you have never met in person. I look forward to reading more of your posts, and I apologize if we did not acknowledge your earlier post. Sometimes, you have to reiterate yourself because we are so wrapped up in whatever is being discussed that we miss some posts, even though not intentional. I also know how intimidating it can be when you first start posting and no one pays attention - so I will be on the look out for more of your posts. Welcome aboard. cool:

TY so much for the warm welcome to the "kitchen table" :) I took no offense at my long post going with no responses......the Sharpton,ect. conversation was hot right as I posted it and I have no desire to get embroiled in all that controversy.

As for attorney's in this case, danged after 3 years of Baez....I say bring em on....no one can look worse to me than he did. I have no desire to talk about attorneys ever again right now....lol

I just hope this case does not drag on for 3 years before we hear a verdict!
Hinky Refugee
Hinky Refugee

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Glad you're persistent HR! I agree about lawyers, LOL. feel the same way about politicians these days.
It's fascinating because the net is having such an immediate impact on both arenas these days- for better and worse.
Interesting you bring up Baez as he does kind of loom large in my newest crackpot guess as to how the defense might play out. Since there seems to be scads of personal behavior (witness 9 and their corroborator, the MySpace page, the texts and emails) as well as conflicting stories that GZ told the defense will try to keep him off the stand and not allow his credibility as an issue.
So this basically leaves the prosecuters with a big black hole of anti matter - which is tough to attack, right? So if they are lacking evidence as what exactly happened in the moments before the shots were fired they are able to create reasonable doubt.
Kind of like how most people 'believe' Caylee was murdered but in the absence of forensics they almost feel obligated to have 'doubts'. I know it sounds nuts, but Baez was able to pull it off by planting some sleazy theories in his opening statements.
I wouldn't be shocked if the defense felt this was their best option.

Okay, I know it's nuts, but nothing surprises me these days.
Laugh at me all you want. roflao

Hinky Refugee wrote:
TY so much for the warm welcome to the "kitchen table" :) I took no offense at my long post going with no responses......the Sharpton,ect. conversation was hot right as I posted it and I have no desire to get embroiled in all that controversy.

As for attorney's in this case, danged after 3 years of Baez....I say bring em on....no one can look worse to me than he did. I have no desire to talk about attorneys ever again right now....lol

Last edited by WeeBonnie on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sp)

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Hinky Refugee wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:

HR - I am so glad you decided to post and hope you keep it up. You appear to have lots to offer. Yes, to me anyway, this thread has always seemed like I was sitting at the kitchen table discussing the case with all of my blogging friends. It's very easy to form attachments to people that you share your discussions with day in and day out even though you have never met in person. I look forward to reading more of your posts, and I apologize if we did not acknowledge your earlier post. Sometimes, you have to reiterate yourself because we are so wrapped up in whatever is being discussed that we miss some posts, even though not intentional. I also know how intimidating it can be when you first start posting and no one pays attention - so I will be on the look out for more of your posts. Welcome aboard. Cool

While MOM has impeccable demeanor in the courtroom, I am placing him on the same level as Bozo in the tact, ethical and professional departments. As far as I am concerned he has shot himself in the foot with his statement. IMO, while it is perfectly legal to pander for legal funds, there was absolutely no reason to use the wording that he did. Very disrespectful in light of the fact that a young boy was killed.

I can assure you that the defense will drag this case out as long as possible. You just can't spend 1 to 2 million on a fast-tracked case. LOL
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:26 pm

--now that omara's back from colorado ( where HE was 'hiding out' ---IMO---following george's release, so that he would have time to 'collect his thoughts'/check out the backlash/keep his eye on that paypal account--- before hitting the media circuit )--it appears he's on w/ piers morgan tonight...

http://twitter.com/jonathanwald/

Jonathan Wald ‏@jonathanwald
Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara is "a bit conflicted" he tells @piersmorgan about helping his client raise money for his defense. Exclusive.

Q: "How is George Zimmerman doing?"
A: "Much better out (of jail) than in". Exclusive @piersmorgan interview with Mark O'Mara 9p.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:29 pm

ellejay wrote:--now that omara's back from colorado ( where HE was 'hiding out' ---IMO---following george's release, so that he would have time to 'collect his thoughts'/check out the backlash/keep his eye on that paypal account--- before hitting the media circuit )--it appears he's on w/ piers morgan tonight...

Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara is "a bit conflicted" he tells @piersmorgan about helping his client raise money for his defense. Exclusive.

A: "Much better out (of jail) than in". Exclusive @piersmorgan interview with Mark O'Mara 9p.

Thanks Ellejay - that makes my day. Very Happy "A bit conflicted" ????? Yeah, he knows he overstepped all deciency, but hey, $$$$ comes first when you are a defense attorney. Now he is going on Morgan's show to make it all better.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:05 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
ellejay wrote:--now that omara's back from colorado ( where HE was 'hiding out' ---IMO---following george's release, so that he would have time to 'collect his thoughts'/check out the backlash/keep his eye on that paypal account--- before hitting the media circuit )--it appears he's on w/ piers morgan tonight...

Thanks Ellejay - that makes my day. Very Happy "A bit conflicted" ????? Yeah, he knows he overstepped all deciency, but hey, $$$$ comes first when you are a defense attorney. Now he is going on Morgan's show to make it all better.

That is hilarious, he should be conflicted, he's rolling in the Bozo mud right about now with that latest 'fundraising' post.

This is for O'Mara & crew: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 916266
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:13 pm

I am curious... Does anyone know whether the FBI reports will contain their own witness statements? I have no idea how they work when shadowing a state case.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:20 pm

No clue CN
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:32 pm

I guess if MOM is "conflicted" about sleazy behavior, then he's a good person after all?

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:37 pm

MollyK wrote:I guess if MOM is "conflicted" about sleazy behavior, then he's a good person after all?

Nah, that's just a ploy - kinda like bitch slapping and then kissing them. He thinks we are that dumb, because heck, if he's conflicted, that makes it all better.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:25 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:I am curious... Does anyone know whether the FBI reports will contain their own witness statements? I have no idea how they work when shadowing a state case.

I don't know the answer, but I'm really interested in how they worked it too!
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:41 pm

serenaz1 wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:I am curious... Does anyone know whether the FBI reports will contain their own witness statements? I have no idea how they work when shadowing a state case.

I don't know the answer, but I'm really interested in how they worked it too!

I will have to do some searching and see what I can find out. I am also curious to see whether we find out anything about the missing witnesses to date. There's #9 - who we know about, but then there is #4 and I believe #7.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:43 pm

I'll be very curious to see what those interviews say? Why would they be keeping them under wraps?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Those CB and the cell phone records...those are the two things I am really waiting on...if they are turned loose.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Remind me what Ecossie said about LE dumping GZ's phone then giving it back to him. Did the request it again and do another dump before the bond hearing and find that text then? I'm a little confused on that point.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next