Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

+38
Hinky's Mimi
Julie
emberl
ChicagoChat
auburn99girl
cassiy45
Claire C.
Mercysake
sitemama
Labadorable
Dis
alabama52
sharona
back2back19
MDgirl
Porky
angela_nw
Stolat
snowbird
Tamta
ecossie possie
ClaireUncensored
MollyK
Chickenbutt
Puzzler
Hinky Refugee
Alessandra_Deux
serenaz1
CherokeeNative
ellejay
WeeBonnie
justanopinion
Ann - Tx
Gizmo711
KimmyK
Freckles
Justice4all
KZ
42 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 10 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by sitemama Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:33 pm

Can someone explain to me what GZ meant, when he was going door to door, by NW?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 10 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by MollyK Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:40 pm

I suggest that everyone who read Prof. Leatherman's post on the forensic evidence go back now and read some of the recent comments by Patricia and Elizabeth, who are describing a scenario that is consistent with the forensic evidence. I think that they are really on to something. Their comments are near the bottom.

http://frederickleatherman.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/was-trayvon-martin-attempting-to-get-away-when-george-zimmerman-killed-him/

If this heartbreaking scenario can be proven by the prosecution, then I don't see how any jury could acquit GZ. I am starting to feel hopeful that he may be convicted.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:40 pm

NW = neighborhood watch

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:56 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/george-zimmerman-goes-judge-shopping/2012/07/15/gJQAvl2bmW_blog.html
George Zimmerman goes judge shopping

George Zimmerman wants Judge Kenneth Lester to get off his case. Literally. Mark O’Mara, the attorney for the killer of Trayvon Martin, filed a motion Friday to disqualify Lester from presiding over the second-degree murder case. After reading the jurist’s July 5 order upping Zimmerman’s bond and increasing the restrictions on his movements, I understand why O’Mara is making this move. But he is most likely stuck with him.
~~~~

Yet, Lester’s July 5 order was so stinging, I immediately wondered if Zimmerman’s chances in a SYG hearing were doomed. Even Kendall Coffey, a former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida, told me that he thought “the credibility gap Zimmerman has created with this judge is a concern” with such a proceeding. But he added this upon hearing about O’Mara’s motion to disqualify Lester. “That’s not going anywhere,” Coffey told me. “Judges are allowed to say someone’s untruthful. That’s their job. To say this manifests bias or prejudice is routinely rejected.”

--more@link---
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:13 pm

Freckles wrote:
angela_nw wrote:

Has someone corrected this yet? It is misquoted: the resident says that after the incident he found out that Zimmerman had gone around the neighborhood introducing himself etc. NOT that this took place after the incident. Zimmerman was gone by then.
I do not know what has happened or how to fix it. Every time I try that link it is responsive! I have restarted the computer, cleaned out a while bunch, etc. and it will open other links but not let me back into this link!

Any help is appreciated! I don't know what to do.

--don't panic "freckles"-----angela has cleared that up.

--we now know----it WASN'T just after the murder that george went around to the neighbours..

--it WAS---that after the murder (incident) a neighbour said that ( IN THE PAST ) george had gone around the neighbourhood, introducing himself as NW ( neighbourhood watch.)

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:27 am

ellejay wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/george-zimmerman-goes-judge-shopping/2012/07/15/gJQAvl2bmW_blog.html
George Zimmerman goes judge shopping

George Zimmerman wants Judge Kenneth Lester to get off his case. Literally. Mark O’Mara, the attorney for the killer of Trayvon Martin, filed a motion Friday to disqualify Lester from presiding over the second-degree murder case. After reading the jurist’s July 5 order upping Zimmerman’s bond and increasing the restrictions on his movements, I understand why O’Mara is making this move. But he is most likely stuck with him.
~~~~

Yet, Lester’s July 5 order was so stinging, I immediately wondered if Zimmerman’s chances in a SYG hearing were doomed. Even Kendall Coffey, a former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida, told me that he thought “the credibility gap Zimmerman has created with this judge is a concern” with such a proceeding. But he added this upon hearing about O’Mara’s motion to disqualify Lester. “That’s not going anywhere,” Coffey told me. “Judges are allowed to say someone’s untruthful. That’s their job. To say this manifests bias or prejudice is routinely rejected.”

--more@link---
I agree. As I posted up thread, I believe Judge Lester would be correct to deny the motion as being legally insufficient and I am glad to see that others agree. If he recuses himself, I believe he is doing so because he wants off the case and this is his chance to kick the bucket to another Judge. The Judge has a maximum of 30 days to rule, but I suspect that he will rule within the next couple days, if not tomorrow. I sure hope the Judge wants to stay on this case as I like his no B.S. attitude and he clearly has GZ's number.

Last edited by CherokeeNative on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:28 am

--interesting take on witness #9 ..( pre release of W9's 2nd stmt monday.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv4HTrJ4lb8&feature=player_embedded
--June 23/2012

This video contains the full audio of Anonymous Witness #9's statement.

You can hear the anxiety in her voice. She called SPD on Feb. 28th, only 2 days after George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin, and she has an experience of George Zimmerman that so upset her, she was impelled to contact police. Witness#9 tells police that George Zimmerman "..doesn't like black people", and that he and his whole family are "mean", and "..open about it."

Zimmerman's attorney is trying to suppress release of - what he says - is another statement from this witness, because it will cause "...widespread hostile publicity..."

Now, what else could she say that is worse than this?

We can only imagine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbuxYL7l7jM&feature=relmfu
--July 13/2012

--follow-up to above clip re: W9.

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Labadorable Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 am

Good pm everyone .... tomorrow w/b a rocking day with scads of jail house phone calls ....ttfn
Labadorable
Labadorable

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:39 am

CherokeeNative wrote:

I agree. As I posted up thread, I believe Judge Lester would be correct to deny the motion as being legally insufficient and I am glad to see that others agree. If he recuses himself, I believe he is doing so because he wants off the case and this is his chance to kick the bucket to another Judge. The Judge has a maximum of 30 days to rule, but I suspect that he will rule within the next couple days, if not tomorrow. I sure hope the Judge wants to stay on this case as I like his no B.S. attitude and he clearly has GZ's number.

--i see a "Motion---DENIED" coming .

--i also think that it won't take him much time at all to get his DENIED out there...like tomorrow.

--but hey, at least omara&co tried (on a friday no less---and got the weekend in for the $$$$$upporters to like them again, in the form of donation$/gift$.)
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:41 am

I've been trying to picture how the gun/holster would fit/look when inside a waistband and found this link that has a few different pictures. Even though they're not showing the same type of gun, it still gives an idea of what it would look like when moved slightly to the back, like George indicated his was.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2908814&page=152

If Z's was moved to the back a bit like it's shown, wouldn't he have had a bruise or mark from falling back on it?
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:44 am

MollyK wrote:I suggest that everyone who read Prof. Leatherman's post on the forensic evidence go back now and read some of the recent comments by Patricia and Elizabeth, who are describing a scenario that is consistent with the forensic evidence. I think that they are really on to something. Their comments are near the bottom.

http://frederickleatherman.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/was-trayvon-martin-attempting-to-get-away-when-george-zimmerman-killed-him/

If this heartbreaking scenario can be proven by the prosecution, then I don't see how any jury could acquit GZ. I am starting to feel hopeful that he may be convicted.

This is really interesting, thanks Molly!
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:44 am

ellejay wrote:--interesting take on witness #9 ..( pre release of W9's 2nd stmt monday.)

--June 23/2012

You can hear the anxiety in her voice. She called SPD on Feb. 28th, only 2 days after George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin, and she has an experience of George Zimmerman that so upset her, she was impelled to contact police. Witness#9 tells police that George Zimmerman "..doesn't like black people", and that he and his whole family are "mean", and "..open about it."

Zimmerman's attorney is trying to suppress release of - what he says - is another statement from this witness, because it will cause "...widespread hostile publicity..."

We can only imagine...

--July 13/2012

So what do you think Ellejay? I agree that it is hard to believe it is his exgirlfriend that filed the injunction because she says in her statement that she hasn't ever seen GZ act racist...plus, why would they release one of her statements and then not the others? And what could be so bad that it would even offend the donors? Any ideas?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:46 am

ellejay wrote:--interesting take on witness #9 ..( pre release of W9's 2nd stmt monday.)

--June 23/2012

We can only imagine...

--July 13/2012

And of course the people who live in the treehouse think this call is a setup by Trayvon's mom or Crump & Co..

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:48 am

ellejay wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:

--i see a "Motion---DENIED" coming .

--i also think that it won't take him much time at all to get his DENIED out there...like tomorrow.

--but hey, at least omara&co tried (on a friday no less---and got the weekend in for the $$$$$upporters to like them again, in the form of donation$/gift$.)

I hope you're right that we get it tomorrow and that he'll stay on, I like his no-nonsense attitude. Excellent point on them drumming up the $$ over the weekend before Lester could tell them to bite it. lol

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:07 am

Molly. That link is amazing. Thank you and note a defense attorney is also commenting that this could blow up for the defense.

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 am

This is from a post on the site that has the images of the holstered guns:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2908814&page=152

"Most CW holsters sold are "quartering" (meaning they are designed to be worn not directly on the side, but just off the side towards the front or rear, which a couple of these pictures show.) The second two pictures you posted are good examples of those quartering holsters. The ones directly on the side aren't very comfortable and are harder to conceal. There are also holsters that go in the small of the back, under your arm or on you leg. All of them require some type of clothing to cover them, be it sweatshirt, jacket, or pant leg.

Again, because I have seen it erroneously posted many times (or on purpose), Zimmerman was not on patrol. He was on an errand - going to Target. Also -- it was dark and raining. It would be highly unlikely that it would be able to be seen in those conditions."

Yet George wants us to believe that Trayvon either saw the gun when George was reaching for his phone or while George was LAYING ON IT on the ground. George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 10 80578

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:16 am

CherokeeNative wrote:

So what do you think Ellejay? I agree that it is hard to believe it is his exgirlfriend that filed the injunction because she says in her statement that she hasn't ever seen GZ act racist...plus, why would they release one of her statements and then not the others? And what could be so bad that it would even offend the donors? Any ideas?

--i don't think it's the X-fiancee (veronicaZ) due to her stmt in doc dump 2---( where she says he's not racist etc..)
however ( hard as it is to imagine------georgie (as VG called him in her injunction against him) MAY have actually had another girlfriend too! (pre---bride-of-cutie--shellie.)

--W9 could be this "other woman", she says she knows the whole family well-------mark has told us that george doesn't have any close friends ( thanks for that shocker mark..) an X-GF could be the one to have some inside scoop on george/the Z's.

--what would offend the donor$$$$$? -----whatever it could be.....they'll spin it to their liking.

--what would "cause wide spread hostility" towards george? ( i expect that's mainly omara exagerrating ) but i am interested in what bernieDLR means when he says it was "an act committed by zimmerman".....

--we shall see monday Cher..
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:30 am

MollyK wrote:I suggest that everyone who read Prof. Leatherman's post on the forensic evidence go back now and read some of the recent comments by Patricia and Elizabeth, who are describing a scenario that is consistent with the forensic evidence. I think that they are really on to something. Their comments are near the bottom.

Molly, I had read Leatherman's article earlier, but Patricia's and Elizabeth's comments weren't there yet - so thanks for bringing this to our attention, because I for one, would have missed them. I so wish I understood more about the bullistic forensics, because while I believe that this case is going to come down to the 911 tape, DeeDee and GZ's inconsistencies and lies - with a cross-examination that is going to turn GZ into a pile of oatmeal - the real evidence that is going to blow GZ's defense out of the water is going to be the bullistics and the trajectory. I can hardly wait for this trial. I will have to take vacation time because I don't want to miss a minute. LOL
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:36 am

serenaz1 wrote:

Yet George wants us to believe that Trayvon either saw the gun when George was reaching for his phone or while George was LAYING ON IT on the ground. George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 10 80578

--no--(straying off of your 'where did he holster his gun?' topic a bit..) but...

--george never said that trayvon saw his gun when george was reaching for his phone.

--the phone bit-----george is "walking back to his truck" ---trayvon either:
-- A). appears out of nowhere at the "T" or B) jumps out at george from the bushes (that don't exist, at the "T"..)

--at this point trayvon says "you got a problem homie?" ( or a variation thereof.)

--george says "no, i don't have a problem". (or a variation thereof.)

--at THIS point------(says) george,he reaches for his cell phone, "to call 911 this time" ( rather than the non emergency #).

--wow. really? he DIDN'T call "real 911" when a 'real suspicious guy' who was 'on drugs or sumpin' was peering into houses, circling his vehicle/hand in his waistband ETC-------BUT, the guy asks if "he has a problem?" and THAT kicks george into ( wanting to reach for his cell phone and call)--- 911!!!

--but, alas, george has forgotten that he put his cell phone in his other pocket----is jumped by trayvon ( falls to the ground, or stumbles ( depending on when he's telling the tale) .....)

--trayvon didn't spy his firearm until the midst of the beatdown---good thing (!!) that while "blood was in his eyes", he was losing consciousness and it was dark out that george SAW trayvon spy it, that-----he "got to it 1st, and shot him....one time."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:39 am

ellejay wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:

--i don't think it's the X-fiancee (veronicaZ) due to her stmt in doc dump 2---( where she says he's not racist etc..)
however ( hard as it is to imagine------georgie (as VG called him in her injunction against him) MAY have actually had another girlfriend too! (pre---bride-of-cutie--shellie.)

--W9 could be this "other woman", she says she knows the whole family well-------mark has told us that george doesn't have any close friends ( thanks for that shocker mark..) an X-GF could be the one to have some inside scoop on george/the Z's.

--what would offend the donor$$$$$? -----whatever it could be.....they'll spin it to their liking.

--what would "cause wide spread hostility" towards george? ( i expect that's mainly omara exagerrating ) but i am interested in what bernieDLR means when he says it was "an act committed by zimmerman".....

ITA. So the prosecution has his graffiti that he put on his first PayPal web site, the old MySpace web site where he bashes mexicans, the text message he sent after the killing, and now Witness #9.....and the defense has what? his one time mentoring to comply with his deferred judgment? hmmmm, not looking good for Georgie... LOL
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:39 am

ellejay wrote:

I'm thinking like a kid on Xmas Eve; "if I go to sleep now, when I wake up, Santa will have been here!"
(I think this emoti is apropo since we'll be buried in 10min jail calls...) George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 10 676280

And since I'm 3 hours behind FL, 11:00est is early for me! :)
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:42 am

Two threads for tomorrow's doc dump:

One for discussion of the 150 phone calls
One for discussion of Witness #9's statements.
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:42 am

ellejay wrote:
serenaz1 wrote:

--no--(straying off of your 'where did he holster his gun?' topic a bit..) but...

--george never said that trayvon saw his gun when george was reaching for his phone.

-- A). appears out of nowhere at the "T" or B) jumps out at george from the bushes (that don't exist, at the "T"..)

--at this point trayvon says "you got a problem homie?" ( or a variation thereof.)

--at THIS point------(says) george,he reaches for his cell phone, "to call 911 this time" ( rather than the non emergency #).

--wow. really? he DIDN'T call "real 911" when a 'real suspicious guy' who was 'on drugs or sumpin' was peering into houses, circling his vehicle/hand in his waistband ETC-------BUT, the guy asks if "he has a problem?" and THAT kicks george into ( wanting to reach for his cell phone and call)--- 911!!!

--but, alas, george has forgotten that he put his cell phone in his other pocket----is jumped by trayvon ( falls to the ground, or stumbles ( depending on when he's telling the tale) .....)

--trayvon didn't spy his firearm until the midst of the beatdown---good thing (!!) that while "blood was in his eyes", he was losing consciousness and it was dark out that george SAW trayvon spy it, that-----he "got to it 1st, and shot him....one time."

roflao AND, "aimed" to avoid hitting his own hand...in the dark... LOL
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:45 am

OMG - hubby is watching a "gun pawn shop" show right now and they were showing one of the owners shooting a hand gun and guess what? The shell casing hits this guy in the face twice causing him to get knicks just like the ones that GZ had on his face.....hmmmmmm Sure wish I knew more about guns and all.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:46 am

ellejay wrote:[

Oops, ok, thanks elle, I get his stories so confused!
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:47 am

KZ wrote:Two threads for tomorrow's doc dump:

Ok, thanks KZ! :)
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:50 am

CherokeeNative wrote:OMG - hubby is watching a "gun pawn shop" show right now and they were showing one of the owners shooting a hand gun and guess what? The shell casing hits this guy in the face twice causing him to get knicks just like the ones that GZ had on his face.....hmmmmmm Sure wish I knew more about guns and all.

Wow, that's pretty crazy & good timing! I wish they would've tested (and since we don't have all the evid yet, maybe still coming) the end of the slide to see if it had any blood or tissue on it. Altho with all the handling the gun had after being fired, who knows what was left.
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:19 am

CherokeeNative wrote:

--yep---i was just thinking, i forgot to add in that he aimed---into the "crevice trayvon made w/ his body" (said george) while straddled over george, in the "mounted" postion...sitting on his stomach, knees next to his ribs...( as george told it to his fellow liar BFF mark)..

--which would have made it UNPOSSSIBLE for george to get at his "firearm"...

--good grief.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:20 am

serenaz1 wrote:

Oops, ok, thanks elle, I get his stories so confused!

--don't worry about it------------so does george.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:24 am

--excellent KZ..thanks!

--i'm not anxious to hear anymore between the accused perjurer and cutie----but i do want to get a feel for his chit chat w/ others.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:48 am

--as for the accused perjurer, still no sign of an attorney on her court file.

--she'd better get on that , july 31st arraignment is just a couple of weeks away.

--maybe shellie's repping herself???? or george will do it!?!?---after all he's (kinda/sorta) got some knowledge of the criminal justice system .....(ha!)
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 am

CherokeeNative wrote:OMG - hubby is watching a "gun pawn shop" show right now and they were showing one of the owners shooting a hand gun and guess what? The shell casing hits this guy in the face twice causing him to get knicks just like the ones that GZ had on his face.....hmmmmmm Sure wish I knew more about guns and all.
My son has a gun like the one GZ used to murder Trayvon.(His brother calls it a piece of crap.) So I asked my son about it. He said, first, there is NO safety; your finger OFF the trigger is the safety. Second, it is an inexpensive gun. Third, it "jumps" badly when it is fired; use two hands to keep the shot straight. And, the slide WILL pinch your trigger thumb if you are not careful. Yes; even held at arm's length, if you aren't prepared for it, the gun can jump the distance back to smash the shooter in the face/nose.

Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:23 am

ellejay--
Thanks for the assist. I still can't gt the link to work for me.
Had read to page 140 and intended to finish reading last night. I wondered if the docs were pulled?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:29 am

CherokeeNative wrote:
clipped---

So where WAS his other hand he had to worry about shooting it?
And how much time did GZ supposedly take to pull out his gun, tolerate Trayvon taunting him, tolerate Trayvon pounding his head in, fighting Trayvon's hands over his nose and mouth, push Trayvon's hand away from his gun, aim the gun, worry about shooting his hand, steady the gun, and fire? Accurately into the dark? Supposedly at a distance?

Nah. For some strange reason, I just am not buying this story. Maybe, he can offer an updated version? (Like the one where he was being mugged?)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:46 am

Chickenbutt wrote:
Puzzler wrote:

Well, 2 say arms were out; LE says arms were underneath...guess the only thing that will answer that question is something that's not and will not be released to the public - photos of the body at the scene before it's moved...hopefully those kinds of pictures were taken.

And if Zim did anything with the arms - like put them underneath the body - then why would he disclose he had moved the arms out?

Do you think pics were taken before LE rolled him over and started CPR?

Excellent point!
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:05 am

ellejay wrote:

--excellent KZ..thanks!

--i'm not anxious to hear anymore between the accused perjurer and cutie----but i do want to get a feel for his chit chat w/ others.

Ditto!
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:08 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfVTM8sqz4k

I just listened to BDLR/DeeDee's interview for the first time.

DeeDee says that TM tells her he is a his dad's house.

So...how did TM get all the way back up to where GZ was?
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:16 am

CherokeeNative wrote:
ellejay wrote:

--this article (athough he references the kc trial---and THOSE idiot l-a-z-y jurors..) also pertains to this case...
--jury selection is going to be huge in trayvon's case.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201107/the-not-so-obvious-lessons-the-casey-anthony-trial
The Not So Obvious Lessons From The Casey Anthony Trial

--snipped--

Jury Selection

In most criminal cases in America there is no need for jury consultants. However, there is a reason why they exist and it is primarily to assist the defense pick the jury that will best help the defense, not jurisprudence. I will repeat: that will best help the defense, not jurisprudence. What this means is that jury consultants (mostly hired by the defense) are there to "game" the system in one direction.
~~~
If you are in a job where you are used to doing high-level cognitive tasks, where decisions require intellectual rigor, they don't want you either. They don't want people who are willing to work hard to connect the dots. Also if you are an independent thinker, no need to worry - people who prefer consensus and harmony will more likely be selected. Obviously no defense attorney or jury consultant is going to get exactly what they want, but they will try. And of course, it only takes one juror to derail a conviction.

It is said that in the Casey Anthony case we should not blame the jurors. I agree - we shouldn't. That is like buying lemmings as pets and then being surprised when they act lemming like. Those jurors were preferred by the defense team for a reason and they performed as expected.

--more@link--

And Ellejay - this is where I believe the legal system has figured out how to beat Lady Justice. Our legal system needs to be revamped. Justice cannot be accomplished when the defense (or the prosecution) is using techniques meant to stack the jury with people who are incapable of an intelligent thought process. I don't know what the answer is, but this is where I go back to thinking professional jurors may be the answer. Just as we worry about a "donor" making it on the jury, or even a pro-trayvon, we are no longer looking at true justice being served but instead whose jury consultant is a better read of potential jurors or whether the prospective juror is capable of bluffing his/her way onto the panel. One day, I imagine we will have a computer that is high-tech enough to act as the jury of 12 where all of the evidence is input and a verdict decided - but until then, our legislature needs to establish new ways and enact new laws and rules to put a stop to jury stacking. It's just wrong. The thing is, only the People can make legislature make the changes - we, the people... so if everyone doesn't start raising holy hell at this type of stuff, the legal system will continue to be a joke that it has become IMHO.

CN, you are so right, I can't tell you how many times I have said this. How can we ever expect true justice when the people who are left to decide are hand picked by the defense or the prosecution. i.e., how many murderes have gone free in the MAFIA with jury tampering and set free to go out there and do it again, and how many innocent people are sitting in prison...The justice system should be able to come up with a solution, there is no excuse for a travesty of justice to take place..

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:11 am

Puzzler wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfVTM8sqz4k

I just listened to BDLR/DeeDee's interview for the first time.

DeeDee says that TM tells her he is a his dad's house.

So...how did TM get all the way back up to where GZ was?

I didn't hear that but if he did say it, it would mean to me that he was so close to his fathers house. The girlfriend sounds very credible. She is the only witness via phone up to the point of contact. No where did I hear that he was already AT his fathers house when the contact took place. I think the conversation between Trayvon and his gf fall right in place with Zimmerman being the aggressor, no doubt in my mind at all. Zimmerman was in pursuit of Trayvon and was adament in not letting Trayvon get away. Zimmerman was going to use what ever it took to keep Trayvon right there, even if it meant shooting him (which he did).

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 am

Freckles wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:
clipped---

So where WAS his other hand he had to worry about shooting it?
And how much time did GZ supposedly take to pull out his gun, tolerate Trayvon taunting him, tolerate Trayvon pounding his head in, fighting Trayvon's hands over his nose and mouth, push Trayvon's hand away from his gun, aim the gun, worry about shooting his hand, steady the gun, and fire? Accurately into the dark? Supposedly at a distance?

Nah. For some strange reason, I just am not buying this story. Maybe, he can offer an updated version? (Like the one where he was being mugged?)

It all falls to Zimmerman chasing Trayvon with loaded gun in hand. No doubt in my mind at all. There is no way George can even say that he was in fear of his life, yet exited his car and followed a "so called" suspect without having his weapon ready to be fired. How will Zimmerman be able to convince a jury that he was in such fear yet kept his gun in the holster? Just hearing about Zimmerman and watching him speak one can tell that this is not a brave man that would follow and tackle a suspect without having his gun in hand. I am a gun holder and I can tell you this, if I HAD to be in a position to have to approach someone that I thought was up to no good, my gun would be in my hand, and that would ONLY be in the event that I was being pursued. I would NEVER think of going after someone in the first place, I would let the police do their job. Zimmerman wanted so bad to be a hero, yet not brave enough to aproach someone without his gun drawn.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:26 am

Zimmerman is a total idiot. His attorney shouldn't let him speak. Everytime he opens his mouth he's making himself look more and more guilty. There mere fact that he claims in his own words "was in fear of shooting his OWN hand when he fired the shot at Trayvon" shows that his hand wan on Trayvons chest in some form or another.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:43 am

Puzzler wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:

Do you think pics were taken before LE rolled him over and started CPR?

Excellent point!
No, I don't think that pictures were taken of Martin before they did CPR. I would bet that pictures were not taken until after he was declared dead. There was one LE on scene that took pictures with phone, but he was interested with George injuries. There was a friend of George who took pictures, but I think he only took pictures of George.
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:41 am

ellejay wrote:--as for the accused perjurer, still no sign of an attorney on her court file.

--she'd better get on that , july 31st arraignment is just a couple of weeks away.

--maybe shellie's repping herself???? or george will do it!?!?---after all he's (kinda/sorta) got some knowledge of the criminal justice system .....(ha!)
You mean with all the money George has collected on Pay Pal, he won't give his wife money for a defense attorney. I guess she is on her own and will have to get a public defender.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:46 am

Question: Was Martin cell phone tested for DNA? Could he have used his phone on George's head when George tried to confront him?
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:55 am

http://twitter.com/bobkealing/

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
Prosecutors today expected to answer #GeorgeZimmerman motion for Judge Ken Lester to DQ himself. #TrayvonMartin.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:04 am

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/16/12757763-memorials-removal-in-sanford-sets-off-new-tension-months-after-trayvon-martin-shooting?lite
Memorial's removal in Sanford sets off new tension months after Trayvon Martin shooting

--snipped--

While it's unclear where things stand – city officials say discussions about a permanent memorial are only beginning – opponents are already girding for a fight.

A group called the United Sanford Alliance has created a petition opposing a permanent memorial. Frank Taaffe, a friend and neighbor of Zimmerman, said by phone Sunday he plans to go to residents in the subdivision to ask for signatures.

"It's extremely unpalatable to the majority of residents," Taaffe said of a new memorial, adding, "it's disdainful because we don't know yet who the victim was and who the aggressor was."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:13 am

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/15/2897557/zimmerman-defense-attorney-will.html
Zimmerman defense attorney will go to court today to stay judge’s order on “witness 9”

The defense attorney for George Zimmerman filed a motion Monday to put a stop to a judge’s ruling that ordered the release of hundreds of his client’s jailhouse phone calls and a statement from a witness who made damaging accusations against his client.

--more@link--

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 am

http://twitter.com/daralenejones

Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones
A spokesperson for Mark O'Mara says this motion should prohibit state from releasing calls as planned at 11:00 a.m.

Daralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones
I'm even more intrigued by ‪#Witness9‬ now...I'm standing by for motion from ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬'s attorney to block her statement & jail calls

---hmmm..omara&co are really fighting the release of W9's 2nd stmt...
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 am

So how many times can you file the same motion over and over? He is really scared of witness 9 statement. They must know this is going to be a credible witness. I guess he is also afraid of what his client said in jail house tapes.
So I guess we won't see statement 9 today, unless motion is denied.
He is hoping he gets a new judge so that this motion can go in his favor. He wants do overs for his motions.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:30 am

Frances Robles‏@RoblesHerald

O'Mara argues the judge must 1st rule on the motion to disqualify him, because that was filed before the order to release w9.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next