Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

+38
Hinky's Mimi
Julie
emberl
ChicagoChat
auburn99girl
cassiy45
Claire C.
Mercysake
sitemama
Labadorable
Dis
alabama52
sharona
back2back19
MDgirl
Porky
angela_nw
Stolat
snowbird
Tamta
ecossie possie
ClaireUncensored
MollyK
Chickenbutt
Puzzler
Hinky Refugee
Alessandra_Deux
serenaz1
CherokeeNative
ellejay
WeeBonnie
justanopinion
Ann - Tx
Gizmo711
KimmyK
Freckles
Justice4all
KZ
42 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 15 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by alabama52 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:00 pm

ChicagoChat wrote:Hello!! I have been lurking for weeks. I hope I can post this here but GZ just posted a video on his new site and states that he will update the site himself on a regular basis. He speaks in both English and Spanish. I think he trying his best to get attention to the site. Someone should tell him that Youtube puts damaging videos up after his video ends.

Hello, ChicagoChat! Good to have you here & a big thanks for the info. George is definitely a loose cannon now. Surely O'Mara will get enough if he can no longer control George.

alabama52

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 15 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by serenaz1 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:09 pm

@Richard Hornsby:

"FYI: Was pointed out that #GeorgeZimmerman's 1st Motion to Recuse based on a diff section than his 2nd; so Lester will have to step aside."

CRAP, I hope that's not true!!
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:29 pm

serenaz1 wrote:@Richard Hornsby:

"FYI: Was pointed out that #GeorgeZimmerman's 1st Motion to Recuse based on a diff section than his 2nd; so Lester will have to step aside."

Not all the time is that the best thing to do. He doesn't know who he will get next, they could be alot worse then Lester. Lester did give him a bond when he could have kept him without one.

It seems that Zimmerman is desperate, in all sense of the word. He's out of money for right now, per O'Mara and he wants to get his story out without any coss examination. He knows good and well that he will not be able to stand up to a cross.

What baffles me, is that he cannot go for self defense because in that law he was supposed to retreat and he plainly got out of his car. If they take the SYG way, he didn't have to retreat but he had to meet with bodily harm. So it's hard to figure which way O'Mara is going with this case.

I agree with another poster, that all it takes in one juror to hang it. After the CA case I guess we are all a little paranoid when it comes to juror's. So with that thought this creep may just get off. If he should, the only good part of it will be that he will be looking over his shoulders the rest of his life, he will not be able to get a job, just like CA. He cannot expect to get donations for the rest of his life. So he will be screwed.

However, I am hoping for a conviction.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:34 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:Hope you don't mind me posting a link to another blog.
The last post has a really good rundown of GZs recent finances.
Did he blow through 122K in two weeks?
what explains this?
http://www.justicequest.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67020&page=17

I don't think Zimmerman is totally broke. What I do think is that the donations are not coming in as they would like it to and therefore they know that the money they do have wont last very long while they are in hiding. O'Mara also doesn't want all the donations to go to Zimmerman for living expenses, he would like to keep some for the case. So in that respect I think they are worried as to how long the money they have will last if nothing more comes in. Isn't that too bad, thats the price you pay when you take the law into your own hands and kill an unarmed 17 year old, he should have thought about all this before he tried to make himself a hero.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Well, there's only one felony judge left & she's assigned to Shellie's case. Wonder if they'd switch hers to a different judge in order for Debra Nelson(?) to take George's.

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
ellejay wrote:--omara talks about where all the $$'s went here:

--george spent about 40K on "expenses" (not legal fees) 50K on security and 100K on the bond
--omara--"it doesn't leave very much i can tell you that".

--he just got out on july 6th, how did he rack up 40K on "expenses" in 13 days? and his security costs almost $4000/day?

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/O-Mara-speaks-out-about-Zimmerman-s-television-interview-Part-2/-/14266478/15609210/-/vhyf17z/-/index.html

I just saw a video clip of O'Mara saying that Zimmerman is broke and that he needs money to cover his expenses and pay for security from here on until his acquittal.

Well lets see if we can help him out with a budget. First get rid of the expensive security, then move in with your family like all other criminals end up doing, then stop eating so much, cut down on the ordering out and get a micro and make some food for yourself. Not even the donor's will give money when your living so high on the hog.

I guess they get room service as well. No wonder Barbara Walters walked out of the meeting. 120,000 per month for just security? Yah right George, you ain't worth it. Let Frank Taaffe be your security, I'm sure he will accomodate you, oh but then again he can't own a gun, oh well, give him a bag of skittles as a weapon in place of a gun .........

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by emberl Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:56 pm

What is R. Hornsby talking about?

FYI, he's been wrong before in the past.

emberl

Back to top Go down

Post by emberl Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

I just saw a video clip of O'Mara saying that Zimmerman is broke and that he needs money to cover his expenses and pay for security from here on until his acquittal.

Well lets see if we can help him out with a budget. First get rid of the expensive security, then move in with your family like all other criminals end up doing, then stop eating so much, cut down on the ordering out and get a micro and make some food for yourself. Not even the donor's will give money when your living so high on the hog.

I guess they get room service as well. No wonder Barbara Walters walked out of the meeting. 120,000 per month for just security? Yah right George, you ain't worth it. Let Frank Taaffe be your security, I'm sure he will accomodate you, oh but then again he can't own a gun, oh well, give him a bag of skittles as a weapon in place of a gun .........

Zimmerman is acting as if he's a frickin celebrity.

emberl

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Sorry everyone - I haven't been able to follow everything that has been happening due to work...so what is this 1st motion versus 2nd? Has MOM filed a 2nd motion, or???? Help me with some details please.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:15 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:

Sorry everyone - I haven't been able to follow everything that has been happening due to work...so what is this 1st motion versus 2nd? Has MOM filed a 2nd motion, or???? Help me with some details please.

--he has had 2 motions to get rid of the judge.

--1st, w/ judge recksiedler ( conflict..)----2nd w/ judgeL. (wahhhh...you're so mean to us..)

--i don't understand why richardH is saying that judgeL "will HAVE to step aside"...?
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:31 pm

ChicagoChat wrote:Hello!! I have been lurking for weeks. I hope I can post this here but GZ just posted a video on his new site and states that he will update the site himself on a regular basis. He speaks in both English and Spanish. I think he trying his best to get attention to the site. Someone should tell him that Youtube puts damaging videos up after his video ends.

--thanks chicago chat!

--as this is his 1st video , he doesn't go for the kill immediatley ( and beg for $$$$'s) it's an intro 'thank you'.

--hello, this is george zimmerman

--snipped--

--I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you, the masses, (is this guy full of himself or what????) this is OUR website, it’s not my website

--it is our website where you can personally communicate w/ me and I hope to be your website to provide facts. I’ll be frequently updating this website—so -check back often.

--again, thank you blah di blah----humbly, george.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:31 pm

I don't know where Hornsby has been, but the pro Zims have been saying that from the get go. Did you read BDLR's filing in response? It's brilliant! Cites MOM's own statements as exactly comparable to what he argues the judge shouldn't have said.
Takes the bits of case law MoM edited down to sound favorable to Zim and cites the parts that MOM edited out - and totally eviscerated MOms filing in the process.
I am not usually so great with legalese and usually it's kind of boring- but it's short and powerfully written. Even people as Talk Left were giving it props. At least as much as they allow that over there.
Highly recommended!!

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:38 pm

[quote="ellejay"]
ChicagoChat wrote:Hello!! I have been lurking for weeks. I hope I can post this
--hello, this is george zimmerman

--snipped--

--I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you, the masses, (is this guy full of himself or what????) this is OUR website, it’s not my website

Not his gun, not his website... Not his fault.

He is a sociopath, through and through.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Cher- From what I undestand, the first grounds he used for the other judge were different and can only be invoked once. He filed this one under a different section of the law, so it does have to be considered. Hornsby made the same mistakeany did the first day- that MOMs filing was bad because he'd used the same section of the law again. But most people caught that within 24 hours and said ok- it can't be tossed JUST for that reason. But BDLRs response appears to give plenty of reasons that his motion is groundless. And it's a fun read!!

CherokeeNative wrote:

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:58 pm

Darn, people cannot leave comments on Georgie's site!

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:12 pm

ellejay wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:

--1st, w/ judge recksiedler ( conflict..)----2nd w/ judgeL. (wahhhh...you're so mean to us..)

--i don't understand why richardH is saying that judgeL "will HAVE to step aside"...?

Ahhh... Gotcha. Thanks Ellejay. I didn't realize we were talking about the first motion to recuse the Judge that had the conflict. Totally unrelated - and sounds like someone asked him about the "one time" rule and Hornsby thought both motions were brought under the same section of law - which MOM is only afforded one opportunity as I have discussed before. Otherwise, Hornsby isn't paying attention IMO - Judge Lester doesn't have to recuse himself unless he is looking for a way to get off the case. MOM's motion, IMO, is legally insufficient and coupled with the argument set out in the prosecution's opposition, I don't believe there is an appellate court in the State that would overturn Judge Lester's denial of the motion, if he denies it.

I am not concerned that the case will be affected if Judge Lester does recuse himself - another Judge will be just as effective - but I like this Judge for the obvious size of his huevos in telling it like it is and not mincing any words. So, it is just that I like him that I don't want to see him recuse himself - and I truly believe he's "got" GZ's number, and possibly MOM's. In any event, I think it is absolutely telling that he went on vacation while this was pending...i.e., this may be important to you GZ & Mom, but it isn't to me. LOL

I believe that MOM has lost all credibility as an ethical and professional defense attorney. He looked like a beaten man on Hannity last night - it appeared obvious that GZ is now running his own show and MOM is merely there for the money. He's way in over his head. Time to take a "stage left" MOM.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:33 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
ellejay wrote:

Ahhh... Gotcha. Thanks Ellejay. I didn't realize we were talking about the first motion to recuse the Judge that had the conflict. Totally unrelated - and sounds like someone asked him about the "one time" rule and Hornsby thought both motions were brought under the same section of law - which MOM is only afforded one opportunity as I have discussed before. Otherwise, Hornsby isn't paying attention IMO - Judge Lester doesn't have to recuse himself unless he is looking for a way to get off the case. MOM's motion, IMO, is legally insufficient and coupled with the argument set out in the prosecution's opposition, I don't believe there is an appellate court in the State that would overturn Judge Lester's denial of the motion, if he denies it.

I am not concerned that the case will be affected if Judge Lester does recuse himself - another Judge will be just as effective - but I like this Judge for the obvious size of his huevos in telling it like it is and not mincing any words. So, it is just that I like him that I don't want to see him recuse himself - and I truly believe he's "got" GZ's number, and possibly MOM's. In any event, I think it is absolutely telling that he went on vacation while this was pending...i.e., this may be important to you GZ & Mom, but it isn't to me. LOL

I believe that MOM has lost all credibility as an ethical and professional defense attorney. He looked like a beaten man on Hannity last night - it appeared obvious that GZ is now running his own show and MOM is merely there for the money. He's way in over his head. Time to take a "stage left" MOM.

Thanks elle & CN, I feel better now! I agree with you about O'Mara reputation being ripped apart now. I swear, if Baez slimes his way into this case, I may have to drop it. I wouldn't be able to handle him & George together, no way, no how!

nobozo
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:34 pm

alabama52 wrote:Darn, people cannot leave comments on Georgie's site!

--he has put his "thank you" ( to the masses)-- video up on you-tube.

--you can leave him a comment there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J09xoHm4_-w&feature=youtu.be

Published on Jul 19, 2012 by friendsofgz
Zimmerman Thank You Video

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:00 pm

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/19/2902578/zimmerman-calls-barbara-walter.html

More twists as Zimmerman takes his case public

--snipped--

Walters flew to Central Florida Wednesday in the hopes of securing a sit-down interview with Zimmerman, who gained national notoriety for the Feb. 26 shooting of an unarmed Miami Gardens teenager named Trayvon Martin. She said despite advice from his attorney to do the interview, Zimmerman showed up in a T-shirt and made a deal-breaking last-minute demand.

She and her crew packed up and went back to New York, only to get a call from him and O’Mara the next morning during her live show. She politely declined to take the call.
~~~~~~~

O’Mara says that despite the series what appear to be hasty choices – including a widely panned interview with Hannity that aired Wednesday – he has not lost control of his client.

“It was a team decision, made on the fly, quite quickly,” he said of the decision to call Walters. “Someone said she was talking about it on the show, so we jumped up and turned on the TV. There wasn’t a lot of forethought.”

And why, so many experts have asked, did O’Mara allow a national interview before a second-degree murder trial, knowing it would wind up as evidence in his case? Because they’re broke, he said, a few hours after the Assistant State Attorney handling the case filed paperwork adding the interview the list of evidence.
~~

Although he suggested the final decision was Zimmerman’s, he said he thought the potential benefits could outweigh the risks. The last time Hannity spoke on the air about Zimmerman’s defense fund, there was an outpouring of donations.

O’Mara said he allowed the interview because, for one, he believes his client is innocent. He also figured it would not be so damaging for him to make a public statement, when he had given so many statements to police already.

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:05 pm

My guess: He's lost control over GZ and they are now just haggling over the check he will not allow the trustee to cut for him.

ellejay wrote:http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/19/2902578/zimmerman-calls-barbara-walter.html

More twists as Zimmerman takes his case public

--snipped--

Walters flew to Central Florida Wednesday in the hopes of securing a sit-down interview with Zimmerman, who gained national notoriety for the Feb. 26 shooting of an unarmed Miami Gardens teenager named Trayvon Martin. She said despite advice from his attorney to do the interview, Zimmerman showed up in a T-shirt and made a deal-breaking last-minute demand.

She and her crew packed up and went back to New York, only to get a call from him and O’Mara the next morning during her live show. She politely declined to take the call.
~~~~~~~

O’Mara says that despite the series what appear to be hasty choices – including a widely panned interview with Hannity that aired Wednesday – he has not lost control of his client.

“It was a team decision, made on the fly, quite quickly,” he said of the decision to call Walters. “Someone said she was talking about it on the show, so we jumped up and turned on the TV. There wasn’t a lot of forethought.”

And why, so many experts have asked, did O’Mara allow a national interview before a second-degree murder trial, knowing it would wind up as evidence in his case? Because they’re broke, he said, a few hours after the Assistant State Attorney handling the case filed paperwork adding the interview the list of evidence.
~~

Although he suggested the final decision was Zimmerman’s, he said he thought the potential benefits could outweigh the risks. The last time Hannity spoke on the air about Zimmerman’s defense fund, there was an outpouring of donations.

O’Mara said he allowed the interview because, for one, he believes his client is innocent. He also figured it would not be so damaging for him to make a public statement, when he had given so many statements to police already.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:07 pm

This seems so insane to me that a attorney would state he let him to the interview because they were low on cash when he hasn't gone to trail yet. I thought this was supposed to be a very smart attorney. He could have always filed to the court that they didn't have money for the case and the state pick up the cost.
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:15 pm

snowbird wrote:This seems so insane to me that a attorney would state he let him to the interview because they were low on cash when he hasn't gone to trail yet. I thought this was supposed to be a very smart attorney. He could have always filed to the court that they didn't have money for the case and the state pick up the cost.

Not only that Snowbird. O'Mara does not even specify what the money is for. Forensics? Experts? He keeps jacking the costs up without so much as saying what the money would be spend for.

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:25 pm

ellejay wrote:
alabama52 wrote:Darn, people cannot leave comments on Georgie's site!

--he has put his "thank you" ( to the masses)-- video up on you-tube.

--you can leave him a comment there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J09xoHm4_-w&feature=youtu.be

Published on Jul 19, 2012 by friendsofgz
Zimmerman Thank You Video

Thanks, Ellejay!

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:31 pm

snowbird wrote:This seems so insane to me that a attorney would state he let him to the interview because they were low on cash when he hasn't gone to trail yet. I thought this was supposed to be a very smart attorney. He could have always filed to the court that they didn't have money for the case and the state pick up the cost.

Ahh, Snowbird, but O'Mara wouldn't have an opportunity to make lots of money. O'Mara has $ signs in his eyes. He knows George is guilty.

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:40 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-prosecution-tv-interview-evidence/story?id=16815296
George Zimmerman Prosecution May Use TV Interview as Evidence

--snipped--

--video@link--

Granting the interview will likely haunt Zimmerman, veteran legal analyst and defense attorney Mark Eiglarsh told ABC News. "He has impeached himself publicly, this is going to be a huge problem for him… and the prosecutors must be extremely pleased... He was making inconsistent statements that they can use in a trial against him."

And some are now questioning whether Zimmerman has begun disregarding his attorney's advice.

After his interview with Hannity Thursday, Zimmerman abruptly cancelled an interview with ABC News' Barbara Walters, which his attorney Mark O'Mara had set up.

Walters said on "The View" today that she arrived to do the interview Wednesday and found a "stubborn" Zimmerman dressed in a T-shirt and demanding certain conditions from her that she was unwilling to agree to.

A representative for O'Mara said that the attorney had acquiesced to Zimmerman's request to re-launch the website over which Zimmerman would be granted editorial control. It would be primarily used to solicit donations.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Well, I have one more thing to say about this whole fiasco...out comes my soap box

The ABA and FBA had better get a handle on this type of conduct by defense attorneys PDQ because it is way beyond ethical.

Putting soap box back under desk.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:16 pm

I have to admit that I got angry last night listening to GZ's B.S. on Hannity and turned it off mid-way so I didn't hear the entire thing. Just looking at him disgusted me. But I was just reading this on another thread, and if he really said this - No Wonder the prosecution listed the interview as one of their exhibits - I bet they are drinking champagne and doing the happy dance all day long for a number of things I've heard that GZ said - But this one, if he really said this, is excellent:

[quote]I am new to this site and have a question about last night’s interview. Hannity asked “Do you feel you wouldn’t be here if you didn’t have a gun?” And GZ answered “No.” If he uses SYG defense doesn’t he have to be in fear of his life? Hannity looked up and appeared to be startled by his answer.[/quote]

Just keep talking GZ, just keep talking. LOL
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:23 pm

[quote="CherokeeNative"]I have to admit that I got angry last night listening to GZ's B.S. on Hannity and turned it off mid-way so I didn't hear the entire thing. Just looking at him disgusted me. But I was just reading this on another thread, and if he really said this - No Wonder the prosecution listed the interview as one of their exhibits - I bet they are drinking champagne and doing the happy dance all day long for a number of things I've heard that GZ said - But this one, if he really said this, is excellent:

I am new to this site and have a question about last night’s interview. Hannity asked “Do you feel you wouldn’t be here if you didn’t have a gun?” And GZ answered “No.” If he uses SYG defense doesn’t he have to be in fear of his life? Hannity looked up and appeared to be startled by his answer.[/quote]

Another Gem was:

SH: Do you regret getting out of your car and following Trayvon Martin?

GZ: No Sir.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:32 pm

Alessandra - If I didn't know better - I would almost think MOM secretly knows GZ is guilty and is purposely letting him hang himself.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:32 pm

ellejay wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:

AND--- from what I have been reading, there may be a motion to get rid of the ATTORNEY! roflao
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:35 pm

[quote="CherokeeNative"]I have to admit that I got angry last night listening to GZ's B.S. on Hannity and turned it off mid-way so I didn't hear the entire thing. Just looking at him disgusted me. But I was just reading this on another thread, and if he really said this - No Wonder the prosecution listed the interview as one of their exhibits - I bet they are drinking champagne and doing the happy dance all day long for a number of things I've heard that GZ said - But this one, if he really said this, is excellent:

I am new to this site and have a question about last night’s interview. Hannity asked “Do you feel you wouldn’t be here if you didn’t have a gun?” And GZ answered “No.” If he uses SYG defense doesn’t he have to be in fear of his life? Hannity looked up and appeared to be startled by his answer.[/quote]

Oh, come on! GZ wasn't afraid because he had a gun! And he knew it was loaded!

(I still think he slipped and fell on the wet pavement cracking his head.No GZ DNA on Trayvon's hands or under his nails, folks. Maybe Shellie winged him!! couple )
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:40 pm

And I loved it when he referred to Trayvon's skipping (not running). What?

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:47 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:Aside from fundraising- I think he's trying to give new testimony without ever going on the stand. They are definately looking to counter the element of depravity now with this new tale that Trayvon was not running.
Is the NEN call definately admissible?
If not- maybe they are trying to make these interviews be the ONLY testimony of prosecuters have to work with? Crazy but, it looks like a possible gambit. That and they're tainting the jury pool.
Yes. BBM
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:50 pm

auburn99girl wrote:Longtime lurker and don't post much. I really think it's time to impose a gag order. MOM has zero control of his client.
That would be wise, IMO, but I think MOM will scream First Amendment rights (and then blast the media for getting the interviews.)

I admire the Martin family/friends for not jumping into the midst of this fracas.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:50 pm

Freckles wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:Aside from fundraising- I think he's trying to give new testimony without ever going on the stand. They are definately looking to counter the element of depravity now with this new tale that Trayvon was not running.
Is the NEN call definately admissible?
If not- maybe they are trying to make these interviews be the ONLY testimony of prosecuters have to work with? Crazy but, it looks like a possible gambit. That and they're tainting the jury pool.
Yes. BBM

Yeah, good luck with that is all I can say to him. Isn't going to happen - skipping my rear.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:53 pm

[quote="alabama52"]
ellejay wrote:Sunny Hostin ‏@SunnyHostin
Barbara Walters says that Sean Hannity contributed to George Zimmerman's pay pal account. [/quote

Ah, I haven't been able to keep up today but I was just going to post that I bet Hannity contributed to George's pay pal account. This is the same thing that Dr. Phil did with George & Cindy Anthony for their interview.
But, in GZ's case, George owns this account & really doesn't have to account for how he spends any of it if he chooses to. IMO, Hannity paid George for his interview.

BBM
I read the transcript. Hannitty repeatedly said he did NOT pay for the interview.
If you have something different (for sure) please sure the info and a link.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:56 pm

alabama52 wrote:And I loved it when he referred to Trayvon's skipping (not running). What?
Lol! I was laughing so hard my face cracked! Almost fell out of the chair! roflao roflao roflao roflao roflao

As a former skipper, I had given that up to the "step on a crack and break the devil's back" gig when I was in 4th grade! I mean, you got to have some self respect, you know????
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:59 pm

Hmm. The Pay Pal acct. Maybe GZ is collecting and hoarding money against the day he DOES go off to the big pen. Things are expensive there and he has nasty snacker habits.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:03 am

--it looks like omara is thinking of going for the SYG immunity hearing 1st.

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/O-Mara-speaks-out-about-Zimmerman-s-television-interview-Part-2/-/14266478/15609210/-/vhyf17z/-/index.html
--omara P/C part 2.

--@approx 4:45

--omara--"one person 1st, the judge, and then 6 people are going to decide the facts of this case of whether or not georgeZ acted in self defense."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:10 am

--george hasn't been bringing in the $$$'s via his resurrected site tonight, the site has been down for over an hour.

--and he scrapped the twitter (friendsofgz) that went along w/ it earlier this afternoon.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:13 am

[quote="Freckles"]
alabama52 wrote:

BBM
I read the transcript. Hannitty repeatedly said he did NOT pay for the interview.
If you have something different (for sure) please sure the info and a link.

Looks like Sunny corrected her report:
‏@SunnyHostin
CORRECTION. Barbara Walters said Sean Hannity did NOT contribute to Zimmerman's Pay Pal account in response to ? from R.Barr
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:17 am

Freckles wrote:

Oh, come on! GZ wasn't afraid because he had a gun! And he knew it was loaded!

(I still think he slipped and fell on the wet pavement cracking his head.No GZ DNA on Trayvon's hands or under his nails, folks. Maybe Shellie winged him!! )

I also believe that he slipped and fell near the "T" and that is the reason why his keys (with the small flash light) were found in that area; about 50 feet from the location where Trayvon's body was found.

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:46 am

I totally think GZ is hoarding loads of secret cash and refusing to sign checks to MOM (MOM is always talking about unpaid bills and grimacing at it)'and that and his going off the farm, taking control that MOm has had it. GZ would prefer to keep the cash and try the a free lawyer and give Fox exclusives. A lawyer that succeeds defending a murderous sociopath without putting her on the stand, would naturally appeal to him.
I think he's jumping to Baez, and leaving another pile of unpaid lawyers in his wake.

Freckles wrote:Hmm. The Pay Pal acct. Maybe GZ is collecting and hoarding money against the day he DOES go off to the big pen. Things are expensive there and he has nasty snacker habits.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Labadorable Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:11 am

Professor Leatherman ...new post....I Worry About Mark O’Mara and George Zimmerman.

I think he is a danger to himself or others and he belongs in a secure mental health facility or a jail. He needs a thorough mental health evaluation.

I fear that Mark O’Mara is a potential victim and I am concerned about his safety. He’s clearly lost control of GZ despite his protestations to the contrary. GZ clearly sees O’Mara in the way and O’Mara has to be very careful how he handles the “uncharted waters” (his words) in which he finds himself.

If he pushes too hard in an effort to regain control, assuming he ever had control, things could get ugly.

...... Skip to Last paragraph ........

I believe he is going to crack before too long as he realizes that his support is evaporating and he sees the bills rising and the walls closing in. I believe he may take his own life, commit suicide by cop, or he may take the life of another who pushes his button.

Link: http://frederickleatherman.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/i-worry-about-mark-omara-and-george-zimmerman/
Labadorable
Labadorable

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:23 am

I only watched the second half but I heard him say that. Zimmerman said so many things that the prosecution will have a ball with. He also said that he didn't know Trayvon was dead until he was at the police dept for about an hour. He supposedly got on top of Trayvon after he shot him and did something underneith Trayvon, why would he have been so brave had he not known that Trayvon was dead. Zimmerman is claiming to have been the one screaming, well why would he have stopped screaming the instant the gun was fired if he didn't know that Zimmerman was dead, (one would think he would still be in fear of his life if he didn't know that he just killed Trayvon).

I agree that O'Mara is not acting like a real concerned Lawyer and only thinking of getting back that money that he had to kick out for a bond. It's the dollars that they both are thinking about. Zimmerman just knows he is getting off of this murder rap, so I don't think he cares one way or the other what he says. He got this impression from those donations, it gave him confidence. But seeing as those donations have alomost come to a halt, I think he may just start thinking that it's not going to be that easy.

What I don't understand is that Judge Lester says that Zimmerman cannot have a bank account. How can he be soliciting money to a pay pal account and not be in violation of one of the clauses of his bond. The money would have to go into George's account before being moved to another account.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:32 am

WeeBonnie wrote:I totally think GZ is hoarding loads of secret cash and refusing to sign checks to MOM (MOM is always talking about unpaid bills and grimacing at it)'and that and his going off the farm, taking control that MOm has had it. GZ would prefer to keep the cash and try the a free lawyer and give Fox exclusives. A lawyer that succeeds defending a murderous sociopath without putting her on the stand, would naturally appeal to him.
I think he's jumping to Baez, and leaving another pile of unpaid lawyers in his wake.

Freckles wrote:Hmm. The Pay Pal acct. Maybe GZ is collecting and hoarding money against the day he DOES go off to the big pen. Things are expensive there and he has nasty snacker habits.

I don't know how much money Zimmerman could have held out from O'Mara, he may have been too scared to hold out that much, but if he is paying 4,000 a day for security, that money will dwindle real fast.

I do think that Zimmerman is a danger to himself as well as others. He should be confined somewhere. I believe it was said that he still has guns. I alwasy thought that a person who is charged with a violent crime would have to turn in all their weapons. But of course he can always get someone else to go a buy one for him.

I forgot, but was that is his bond stipulations "that he cannot possess a fire arm"? I would think that should have been number one.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:39 am

ellejay wrote:--it looks like omara is thinking of going for the SYG immunity hearing 1st.

--omara P/C part 2.

--omara--"one person 1st, the judge, and then 6 people are going to decide the facts of this case of whether or not georgeZ acted in self defense."

That doesn't surprise me. Self defense really doesn't fit here, in going for self defense he would be expected to retreat, when he got out of his car that really ended the self defense right there.

I think SYG is the only defense he may have to try and go for...but I doubt that it will work after hearing those 911 tapes and the location of the body, it will be so hard to prove that he DIDN'T pursue Trayvon and that he wasn't the aggressor. But I think it may be the only shot that O'Mara thinks they may have.

The whole scenerio of O'Mara and Zimmerman remind me of when someone gives someone enough rope, or when guilt plays on someones mind and they know they can't get out of a situation, they lose it. I think the both of them are losing it (O'Mara and Zimmerman).

Maybe Baez needs to step in and take over... roflao

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:20 am

ellejay wrote:--it looks like omara is thinking of going for the SYG immunity hearing 1st.

--omara P/C part 2.

If MOM is planning on bring an SYG motion first and then going to trial...first, it tells me he doesn't expect to win the SYG, why else would he say "and then 6 people"; and, second, the reason he is planning on going for both the SYG and Trial is it is the best way to generate attorney's fees - its comparable to putting on two trials. Cha-Ching $$$$
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:25 am

Labadorable wrote:Professor Leatherman ...new post....I Worry About Mark O’Mara and George Zimmerman.

I think he is a danger to himself or others and he belongs in a secure mental health facility or a jail. He needs a thorough mental health evaluation.

I fear that Mark O’Mara is a potential victim and I am concerned about his safety. He’s clearly lost control of GZ despite his protestations to the contrary. GZ clearly sees O’Mara in the way and O’Mara has to be very careful how he handles the “uncharted waters” (his words) in which he finds himself.

If he pushes too hard in an effort to regain control, assuming he ever had control, things could get ugly.

...... Skip to Last paragraph ........

I believe he is going to crack before too long as he realizes that his support is evaporating and he sees the bills rising and the walls closing in. I believe he may take his own life, commit suicide by cop, or he may take the life of another who pushes his button.

Link: http://frederickleatherman.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/i-worry-about-mark-omara-and-george-zimmerman/

I agree with Professor Leatherman - George is the perfect example of the type of person who would go rogue and try suicide should he see that his defense is sinking - and who knows, with his odd way of thinking, he may think that it is necessary or "god's plan" that he take a few people with him. I sure hope Judge Lester is seeing what a ticking time bomb this man truly is and revoke his bond. That would put MOM back in control and shut GZ up, except for his jail phone calls.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:31 am

Cher- I saw speculation that he is going to try SYG at trial... And that this has been done before. I don't really get the nuances of it all, bit it's an intersting thought

CherokeeNative wrote:

--omara P/C part 2.

If MOM is planning on bring an SYG motion first and then going to trial...first, it tells me he doesn't expect to win the SYG, why else would he say "and then 6 people"; and, second, the reason he is planning on going for both the SYG and Trial is it is the best way to generate attorney's fees - its comparable to putting on two trials. Cha-Ching $$$$

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next