Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

+38
Hinky's Mimi
Julie
emberl
ChicagoChat
auburn99girl
cassiy45
Claire C.
Mercysake
sitemama
Labadorable
Dis
alabama52
sharona
back2back19
MDgirl
Porky
angela_nw
Stolat
snowbird
Tamta
ecossie possie
ClaireUncensored
MollyK
Chickenbutt
Puzzler
Hinky Refugee
Alessandra_Deux
serenaz1
CherokeeNative
ellejay
WeeBonnie
justanopinion
Ann - Tx
Gizmo711
KimmyK
Freckles
Justice4all
KZ
42 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by justanopinion Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:59 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
MollyK wrote:I guess if MOM is "conflicted" about sleazy behavior, then he's a good person after all?

Nah, that's just a ploy - kinda like bitch slapping and then kissing them. He thinks we are that dumb, because heck, if he's conflicted, that makes it all better.

Laughing I think the little game he is trying is the old courtroom trick... where the judge tells the jury to please disregard the last comment... for me it has always given that last comment the most credibility. But then I guess I have always been a bit defiant... don't look at the accident you just passed! Laughing
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Remind me what Ecossie said about LE dumping GZ's phone then giving it back to him. Did the request it again and do another dump before the bond hearing and find that text then? I'm a little confused on that point.

I know they took the phone during one of the interrogations - whether it was the next day or the day after that, I don't know. But when the female investigator was asking him questions about there being a video camera at the entrance of the development, she wanted to know the management company's name and GZ said he had it on his cell....so she gets up, leaves the room, and comes back with his phone and hands it to him to look up the information. Whether she took it back, or took it at another time I don't know. What Ecossie was saying is that they can download the information and then continue to track incoming and outgoing even after they return the phone - or at least that is what I understood him saying.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:34 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:Those CB and the cell phone records...those are the two things I am really waiting on...if they are turned loose.

I'm very interesting to see the cell phone records - they could be quite revealing.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:36 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:Remind me what Ecossie said about LE dumping GZ's phone then giving it back to him. Did the request it again and do another dump before the bond hearing and find that text then? I'm a little confused on that point.

I know they took the phone during one of the interrogations - whether it was the next day or the day after that, I don't know. But when the female investigator was asking him questions about there being a video camera at the entrance of the development, she wanted to know the management company's name and GZ said he had it on his cell....so she gets up, leaves the room, and comes back with his phone and hands it to him to look up the information. Whether she took it back, or took it at another time I don't know. What Ecossie was saying is that they can download the information and then continue to track incoming and outgoing even after they return the phone - or at least that is what I understood him saying.

At the very least they can download the information on the phone quickly and I would think that they did do that.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky Refugee Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
serenaz1 wrote:

I don't know the answer, but I'm really interested in how they worked it too!

I will have to do some searching and see what I can find out. I am also curious to see whether we find out anything about the missing witnesses to date. There's #9 - who we know about, but then there is #4 and I believe #7.

IIRC the FBI does not have to release information if they do not want to. They do not have to adhere to the Sunshine Law IIRC. I hope they do not hold back. I am anxious to see what they have. So hope I do not remember correctly lol.
Hinky Refugee
Hinky Refugee

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:41 pm

ClaireUncensored wrote:Since I usually just lurk and read every day, I'm thinking I should still check here for the usual conversational-type posts? I understand the doc dumps, etc., will/should be in the library but discussion will be still be here, right?

Really, I don't want to seem THAT dumb, but if someone would just sort of point me in the right direction I would really be tickled pink. ~~C
George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 2 836886

Things got moving so fast today, I'm not sure if anyone answered you. I'd say follow the Gen Disc ones & then check the other subject threads by order of the most recent post. That way you're staying with the most current discussions and if it's a subject you don't care about, then you can skip it. :)

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Hinky Refugee wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:

I will have to do some searching and see what I can find out. I am also curious to see whether we find out anything about the missing witnesses to date. There's #9 - who we know about, but then there is #4 and I believe #7.

IIRC the FBI does not have to release information if they do not want to. They do not have to adhere to the Sunshine Law IIRC. I hope they do not hold back. I am anxious to see what they have. So hope I do not remember correctly lol.

Good point, HR. I wonder if they'd be accessible through the Fed Information Act thingy...that's the technical term for it. lol

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky Refugee Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:54 pm

IIRC in the Anthony case the Sunshine law did not apply to FBI. We all waited and hoped they would release them and discussed it back then. The media could not get them unless they released them.
Hinky Refugee
Hinky Refugee

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:55 pm

serenaz1 wrote:
Hinky Refugee wrote:

Good point, HR. I wonder if they'd be accessible through the Fed Information Act thingy...that's the technical term for it. lol

I agree with you HR - but I wonder if reports prepared by the FBI on behalf of the State still has to be turned over - remember the forensic reports they did in the CA case from testing they did for the State? From what I understand though, good luck getting anything released through the Freedom of Information Act - the feds have so many exemptions to rely on, you would basically get a piece of paper that was all blacked out. LOL
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Please take the discussion about your opinions of the format change to the following thread which is at the top of the section for this case as an announcement.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t4045p50-new-approach-for-tm-gz-case

Last edited by Justice4all on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:57 pm

Ecossie!!!! Where are you? Tell me again what you said about GZ phone and the timing of when the text was possibly sent. I'm too lazy to go back and look for the post Laughing
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:08 pm

serenaz1 wrote:
ClaireUncensored wrote:Since I usually just lurk and read every day, I'm thinking I should still check here for the usual conversational-type posts? I understand the doc dumps, etc., will/should be in the library but discussion will be still be here, right?

Really, I don't want to seem THAT dumb, but if someone would just sort of point me in the right direction I would really be tickled pink. ~~C
George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 2 836886

Things got moving so fast today, I'm not sure if anyone answered you. I'd say follow the Gen Disc ones & then check the other subject threads by order of the most recent post. That way you're staying with the most current discussions and if it's a subject you don't care about, then you can skip it. :)
Thanks! I'm just muddling along and probably getting the gist of my need to know ~~C George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 2 369770
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:19 pm

Is this an overlooked bombshell?
Did anyone else see it stated that there are 22 witnesses who saw or heard the altercation? I just read this in the article below which seems otherwise fairly well researched. At most I think only 9-10 have been released and I guessed there had been a few added later after further investigation- but 22? Whoa!
That's a lot more than the two or three we were looking forward to hearing from. Definately a BOMBSHELL..... Unless its a typo and they meant to type 12.
In that case...... Never mind.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/31/2826258/media-seeks-access-to-more-evidence.html

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Wee..you are too funny....bombshell!! Maybe....maybe not....nevermind.... Laughing
You are cracking me up.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:27 pm

CB I think he reasoned that since the email / texts in question were about a Reverend and Trayvon's Dad it stood to reason that they had to be later communications because they werent in the media and on anyone's radar until weeks after the initial interviews. Therefore it's likely that they relooked at it later or were tracking it. I'm not really sure about the how- it got a bit McGyverish for me at that point and my head hurt.
But I thought the the idea regarding the timing of the texts was a very clever observation!

Chickenbutt wrote:Ecossie!!!! Where are you? Tell me again what you said about GZ phone and the timing of when the text was possibly sent. I'm too lazy to go back and look for the post Laughing

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:29 pm

That's kinda what I remember too Wee. McGyverish...lol. Now that is hysterical.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:34 pm

ellejay wrote:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-09/news/os-george-zimmerman-more-evidence-20120709_1
State to release more evidence in George Zimmerman case Thursday

--snipped--

A recent court filing shows the documents include statements from several new civilian witnesses, reports generated by the FBI and Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Zimmerman's prior calls to police and his application for a concealed weapon permit.

The evidence also includes a sketch of the crime scene, as well as notes and memos from various investigators.

I kinda forgot about that part, that there were NEW civilian witnesses...arghhhh, I don't want to wait 3 more days to know wtf that's about!!!
George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 2 180611
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Oh gosh and I was being serious! And maybe a little dense due to a possible slipped disc.

If you want a laugh scroll back and read my new theory on the defense strategy. It's not ready for the prime time defense strategy thread. But I'm working on it!

22 witnesses- I hope this is true and we get a clearer picture of what happened.
Right now things feel like that old story about a bunch of blind people examining different parts of an elephant. It would be great if the jury (and us) were given a better picture if the events.

Chickenbutt wrote:Wee..you are too funny....bombshell!! Maybe....maybe not....nevermind.... Laughing
You are cracking me up.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:53 pm

Glad I could return the favor and make you laugh.
The tech details didn't stay with me- but I think it's a pretty sound theory.

Maybe this is where the FBI came in- as they were specifically looking for evidence of a bias crime. I don't know if well ever know all they uncovered, but it's my understanding that Corey is free to use what she can to bolster her case.
Maybe they went looking for racism and found depravity?
Very twisty investigation.

But 22 - could the SPD have missed that much!?! Or am I wrong to assume we've seen their initial investigation in full?

Chickenbutt wrote:That's kinda what I remember too Wee. McGyverish...lol. Now that is hysterical.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:07 am

Chiken But.................. Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5
by ecossie possie on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:53 pm

.CherokeeNative....I need to clarify something from the other night ....re the Revrand / Trayvons Father txt ...That made both GZ an M O M nervous when brought up dureing the first bail bond hearing....I dont think it was taken of his phone dureing his initial questioning on the night of the shooting or even the next few days...Trayvons Parents had not been on tv or in the Media at that point..My instincts are that GZ had his phone returned to him that night.Maybe L E done that thing where they can clone it an then keep track of everything ocouring on that phone as part of there ongoing investigation..More likely though is that when GZ was arrested after the 40 odd days an placed in custody on 2nd degree murder charges.His phone was again scrutinised by LE to see what he had been up to an if anything incriminating re the offence was mentioned.This is when I M O THE derogatery an possably raceist comments ie Trayvons Father an a as yet unidentified Revrant were disscovered an handed over to the prosecution ,,The prosecution has that info an possably a lot lot more taken from his an Wifes phone also since her Arrest..When GZ Made his appolagy at the first bail hearing the propsecuter wanted to read certain portions of nasty things said by GZ via txt dureing that time period of forty odd days before his arrest..When TM Parents an both Rev Sharpton / Jackson regulary apeared on TV...Although my gut instinct was that he used Rev Martin Luther King as he shared the name Martin with Trayvons family....The way GZ eyes nearly popped out his head as he said he had no memory of any txt concerning Revrant an Trayvons Father indicates it was realy bad...The Judge also appeared to be privvy to the contents an the inflamitory nature of them as he shut down them being read out in court for the time being..All of the above is just speculation on my part an also M O O.............
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:17 am

Thank you so much ecossie, that is exactly what I was looking for. It all makes perfect sense to me. I think you may be onto something here.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:22 am

Serenaz- I feel the same way. There's something really oddly compelling about the way info is being released in drips and drabs. It's certainly serving the medias interest in playing up the drama for all it's worth. Somehow it's presenting he case as a disjointed bunch of twists and turns and I sense lawyers on both sides would live to take control of the narrative being presented. I've never really followed a case pre trial before, so I don't know how different this is from other cases.
But as much as it facinates me (mostly because no of us know how the altercaction went down) I feel a bit guilty if I get wrapped up and forget for a moment what a tragedy it is. I guess the same could be said about reading of any other true crime.
It is a very guilty little obsession for me.

serenaz1 wrote:
ellejay wrote:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-09/news/os-george-zimmerman-more-evidence-20120709_1
State to release more evidence in George Zimmerman case Thursday

--snipped--

A recent court filing shows the documents include statements from several new civilian witnesses, reports generated by the FBI and Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Zimmerman's prior calls to police and his application for a concealed weapon permit.

The evidence also includes a sketch of the crime scene, as well as notes and memos from various investigators.

I kinda forgot about that part, that there were NEW civilian witnesses...arghhhh, I don't want to wait 3 more days to know wtf that's about!!!
George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 2 180611

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:29 am

WeeBonnie wrote:Glad I could return the favor and make you laugh.

Maybe this is where the FBI came in- as they were specifically looking for evidence of a bias crime. I don't know if well ever know all they uncovered, but it's my understanding that Corey is free to use what she can to bolster her case.

But 22 - could the SPD have missed that much!?! Or am I wrong to assume we've seen their initial investigation in full?

Chickenbutt wrote:That's kinda what I remember too Wee. McGyverish...lol. Now that is hysterical.

Snipped

-State prosecutors said Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman, profiled and stalked 17-year-old Trayvon Martin before killing him, so the FBI is now looking into charging him with a hate crime.

-FBI investigators are actively questioning witnesses in the retreat at the Twin Lakes neighborhood, seeking evidence for a possible federal hate crime charge.

-Sheaffer said a federal hate crime murder charge could bring more serious consequences than the second-degree murder charge Zimmerman faces now.

May 12 @mattgutmanABC

-FBI officials in Florida tell @ABC that "hammer won't be dropped" on Zimmerman anytime soon - and that investigation is still ongoing

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/fbi-seeks-charge-george-zimmerman-hate-crime/nN5pR/

https://twitter.com/mattgutmanabc/status/202175677129162752
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:27 am

CherokeeNative wrote:
ellejay wrote:--now that omara's back from colorado ( where HE was 'hiding out' ---IMO---following george's release, so that he would have time to 'collect his thoughts'/check out the backlash/keep his eye on that paypal account--- before hitting the media circuit )--it appears he's on w/ piers morgan tonight...

http://twitter.com/jonathanwald/

Jonathan Wald ‏@jonathanwald
Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara is "a bit conflicted" he tells @piersmorgan about helping his client raise money for his defense. Exclusive.

Jonathan Wald ‏@jonathanwald
Q: "How is George Zimmerman doing?"
A: "Much better out (of jail) than in". Exclusive @piersmorgan interview with Mark O'Mara 9p.

Thanks Ellejay - that makes my day. Very Happy "A bit conflicted" ????? Yeah, he knows he overstepped all deciency, but hey, $$$$ comes first when you are a defense attorney. Now he is going on Morgan's show to make it all better.

--yep. i don't get that program ( but will be sure to post the transcript when it's up!)

--i'm sure his "conflict" is ---(definitely!!) not wanting to alienate his donor$$$$$, while at the same time coming across as ---the donation website is something 'new' , but legal, and after all the defense is going to cost mega-bucks, and if we're saving the taxpayers of florida $$'s.....blah di blah.

--we'll see.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:05 am

ecossie possie wrote:Chiken But.................. Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5

.CherokeeNative....I need to clarify something from the other night ....re the Revrand / Trayvons Father txt ...That made both GZ an M O M nervous when brought up dureing the first bail bond hearing....I dont think it was taken of his phone dureing his initial questioning on the night of the shooting or even the next few days...Trayvons Parents had not been on tv or in the Media at that point..My instincts are that GZ had his phone returned to him that night.Maybe L E done that thing where they can clone it an then keep track of everything ocouring on that phone as part of there ongoing investigation..More likely though is that when GZ was arrested after the 40 odd days an placed in custody on 2nd degree murder charges.His phone was again scrutinised by LE to see what he had been up to an if anything incriminating re the offence was mentioned.This is when I M O THE derogatery an possably raceist comments ie Trayvons Father an a as yet unidentified Revrant were disscovered an handed over to the prosecution ,,The prosecution has that info an possably a lot lot more taken from his an Wifes phone also since her Arrest..When GZ Made his appolagy at the first bail hearing the propsecuter wanted to read certain portions of nasty things said by GZ via txt dureing that time period of forty odd days before his arrest..When TM Parents an both Rev Sharpton / Jackson regulary apeared on TV...Although my gut instinct was that he used Rev Martin Luther King as he shared the name Martin with Trayvons family....The way GZ eyes nearly popped out his head as he said he had no memory of any txt concerning Revrant an Trayvons Father indicates it was realy bad...The Judge also appeared to be privvy to the contents an the inflamitory nature of them as he shut down them being read out in court for the time being..All of the above is just speculation on my part an also M O O.............

Is the actual phone needed to obtain records from the provider? When I see some cases and the text's go way back, were they actually in the physical phone? There was a recent case (I can't think of which case it was, memory not that good) where they showed text's from months before. I was under the impression that the actual phone was not needed.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:46 am

Youre right! That has to be why GZ was so surprised.
At least in my case- they did not need the phone. I just replaced a lost phone, and when they reactivated it- all my old texts were there. It may have been just my service, but if the FBi wanted it, the providers have a way.

Gizmo711 wrote:
ecossie possie wrote:Chiken But.................. Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5

Is the actual phone needed to obtain records from the provider? When I see some cases and the text's go way back, were they actually in the physical phone? There was a recent case (I can't think of which case it was, memory not that good) where they showed text's from months before. I was under the impression that the actual phone was not needed.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:30 am

Tamta wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:Glad I could return the favor and make you laugh.

Snipped

-State prosecutors said Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman, profiled and stalked 17-year-old Trayvon Martin before killing him, so the FBI is now looking into charging him with a hate crime.

-FBI investigators are actively questioning witnesses in the retreat at the Twin Lakes neighborhood, seeking evidence for a possible federal hate crime charge.

-Sheaffer said a federal hate crime murder charge could bring more serious consequences than the second-degree murder charge Zimmerman faces now.

May 12 @mattgutmanABC

-FBI officials in Florida tell @ABC that "hammer won't be dropped" on Zimmerman anytime soon - and that investigation is still ongoing

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/fbi-seeks-charge-george-zimmerman-hate-crime/nN5pR/

Green section coloured by me!! "Hammer drop" might be interesting if they have evidence enough for it. I wonder if there is a chance that perhaps they could wait until after the M2 trial is completed so that they can have a second kick at the can... but maybe if the M2 charge was a negative result (GZ found to be not guilty) then they would not be able to proceed anyway? Can anyone provide me with some insight how this potentially would work??
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:34 am

justanopinion wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Snipped

May 12 @mattgutmanABC

Green section coloured by me!! "Hammer drop" might be interesting if they have evidence enough for it. I wonder if there is a chance that perhaps they could wait until after the M2 trial is completed so that they can have a second kick at the can... but maybe if the M2 charge was a negative result (GZ found to be not guilty) then they would not be able to proceed anyway? Can anyone provide me with some insight how this potentially would work??

KZ and I had a whole conversation on this several months back. It appears that no matter what the outcome of the state court action, the federal prosecutors may initiate their own criminal action against GZ under the the Shepard/ Byrd Federal Hate Act or any other federal statute applicable. I also believe that the state prosecutor was very careful to word the charging document and information so as to make clear they were not applying federal law in prosecuting GZ and relying upon state law exclusively. If GZ is convicted, acquitted, or found not guilty, the federal prosecutors may still step up and initiate their own prosecution. If you are interested in reading my research, let me know and I will try to find it.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:40 am

justanopinion wrote:Everytime I have a few days where I can not be online something big happens and I get left in the Dust!! Laughing

The issue of Racial Profiling is a very sticky one. The unfortunate thing is that as enlightened as we all attempt to be there is still the "truth" that not all persons of a particular race is of a typical persuasion but statistically some races are more frequently involved with some activities than other races. (this may not be politically correct to say; however, I did attempt to make the statement as generic as I could)

For me personally, the issue in this case is not about race. It is not about GZ being Hispanic/white and TM being Black.
It is not about gun laws, It is not about Standing your ground. It is not about Neighbourhood watch.

For me personally, it is about an individual that took the law into his own hands, after contacting the appropriate authorities, who didn't feel like those authorities were there fast enough or doing enough to protect his community, who then through his faulty thinking decided that his particular brand of Vigilante justice was the appropriate form of action. For me personally, it is about a little man who wanted to be recognized as the hero he thought he was in his own mind.. and sadly it is MOO that TM was in the wrong place at the wrong time and his path intersected with someone who is unbalanced, glory seeking, hero complexed, and devoid of social responsibility or respect for the law.

If needed I can justify with examples why I believe GZ is all of these things. My heart goes out to the family of TM as there is no justification for his murder.. Had GZ waited for LE to arrive, they would have investigated and TM would still be alive and sent on his way.

Bottom line for me is that LE doesn't gun down people they suspect of wrong doing, they don't gun down people they catch in the act of a crime (most of the time unless no other option and that is rare) So pardon the pun but GZ just went off half cocked. MOO

I just wanted to let you know that I feel the same way about this case. You have stated my feeling much better then I have been able to do. I would give you a hand for that post by I can't find the little man clapping.
I too missed Sunday night and Monday so I am lost about what is going on I guess I have a lot of reading. Very Happy
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:58 am

Just a quick post in disbelief how GZ can equate his killing TM as just a "single crummy day" is unbelievable to me. He killed a teenager!
Also, to say, "So I had a bad experience and it spooked me." "So what?" "I’ve got to dust myself off and try again." "Just because I had one little setback" Killing someone is just "one little setback?"
The article also stated GZ was eager to get back to patrolling his gated subdivision of townhouses for suspicious activity. "After all, they need me out there." Really?? Slight hero Complex or what??
See more at link:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/george-zimmerman-not-going-to-let-one-bad-experien,28722/?ref=auto
(Edited to fix quotes)
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:06 am

KimmyK wrote:Just a quick post in disbelief how GZ can equate his killing TM as just a "single crummy day" is unbelievable to me. He killed a teenager!
Also, to say, "So I had a bad experience and it spooked me. So what? I’ve got to dust myself off and try again. "Just because I had one little setback" So killing someone is just "one little setback?"
The article also stated GZ was eager to get back to patrolling his gated subdivision of townhouses for suspicious activity. "After all, they need me out there." Really?? Slight hero Complex or what??
See more at link:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/george-zimmerman-not-going-to-let-one-bad-experien,28722/?ref=auto

Kimmy, don't get too worked up over that article, The Onion is a satirical publication and that's a 'made up' story. :)

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:14 am

serenaz1 wrote:
KimmyK wrote:Just a quick post in disbelief how GZ can equate his killing TM as just a "single crummy day" is unbelievable to me. He killed a teenager!
Also, to say, "So I had a bad experience and it spooked me. So what? I’ve got to dust myself off and try again. "Just because I had one little setback" So killing someone is just "one little setback?"
See more at link:

Kimmy, don't get too worked up over that article, The Onion is a satirical publication and that's a 'made up' story. :)

Thanks, I appreciate that. I don't post much, pretty much just lurk, (or play games here, I LOVE those!!) but that article got me rather fired up! Only been posting since the Jane Bashera case on THM, then started following the GZ case, then came to RC after that. Thanks for clarifying!
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:29 am

G Z apologists make the case of a misunderstood wrong place wrong time..As with the assault on undercover LE arresting underage drinkers one of whom happened to be a freind of GZ.......HE NEVER ID HIMSELF AS LE..They say George had no clue whom he was..Wether someone is a civillian or LE it i still againsts the law to manhandlle an slam against a wall..So they blame the victim for not identifying himself as LE...An ironicly on the night GZ Twice had the opertuity to ID himself as a neighbourhood watch person an didnt../ They blame the hoodie wearing slow walking/running away/victim..Trayvon...Nothing is ever Georges fault.So noe George is saying the night he shot an killed Trayvon he got spooked?Way to mimmalise things..............
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:32 am

KimmyK wrote:
serenaz1 wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate that. I don't post much, pretty much just lurk, (or play games here, I LOVE those!!) but that article got me rather fired up! Only been posting since the Jane Bashera case on THM, then started following the GZ case, then came to RC after that. Thanks for clarifying!

You're welcome, a lot of people get bit by The Onion, even some in the media have been taken in by it. :)

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:32 am

KimmyK wrote:
serenaz1 wrote:

You're welcome, a lot of people get bit by The Onion, even some in the media have been taken in by it. :)

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:41 am

Many layers to the onion.
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:53 am

http://www.eurweb.com/2012/07/trayvon-martins-street-memorial-moved-to-sanford-museum/
Trayvon Martin’s Street Memorial Moved to Sanford Museum

*The impromptu memorial to slain teenager Trayvon Martin has been moved from its location to a local museum, where the items will being preserved, the city of Sanford, Florida, announced Monday.

After consultations with Martin’s family, city staff members removed the items from the entrance of the subdivision where Martin was shot in February during a confrontation with neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, City Manager Norton Bonaparte’s office said.

--more@link--
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:56 am

ecossie possie wrote:Many layers to the onion.

Yes, there actually is some very thought-provoking material on there. Some of their post-9/11 things were really good.

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Also, to say, "So I had a bad experience and it spooked me." "So what?" "I’ve got to dust myself off and try again." "Just because I had one little setback" Killing someone is just "one little setback?"
See more at link:
(Edited to fix quotes)
This can't be far real, is it? I can't believe he would have talk to reporters when he bonded out. He really can't be that dumb, can He?
Sorry, I should have read further. It isn't real.

Last edited by snowbird on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add last line.)
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:29 pm

snowbird wrote:
See more at link:
(Edited to fix quotes)
This can't be far real, is it? I can't believe he would have talk to reporters when he bonded out. He really can't be that dumb, can He?

The Onion is a satirical tabloid, not a very reliable source for "real news".
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Trayvon Martin memorial removed but preserved, city says

July 9th, 2012
George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 2 120322075828-granderson-florida-shooting-story-top
Mourners set up a memorial to Trayvon Martin at the entrance to the subdivision where he was killed in February.

An impromptu memorial to slain teenager Trayvon Martin has been dismantled, but the items that composed it are being preserved, the city of Sanford, Florida, announced Monday.

After consultations with Martin's family, city staff members removed the items from the entrance of the subdivision where Martin was shot in February during a confrontation with neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, City Manager Norton Bonaparte's office said.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/09/trayvon-martin-memorial-removed-but-preserved-city-says/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Thanks Alessandra, I knew the onion didn't smell right. Very Happy

Last edited by snowbird on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word)
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
snowbird wrote:

The Onion is a satirical tabloid, not a very reliable source for "real news".

Yeah, the Onion is almost like "Mad Magazine" that my daughter watches on TV.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Did the judge ever rule on releasing the rest of the jail phone calls and the statement of witness 9?
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:59 pm

snowbird wrote:Did the judge ever rule on releasing the rest of the jail phone calls and the statement of witness 9?

--nope, not yet.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Silly question for Cher and CB- what do the references to sugar and spice mean?

For everyone else- is "only to be king again" from a movie song or X Box game? It sounds sort of familiar, but I can't place it.

TIA!

Last edited by WeeBonnie on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Trayvon Martin memorial removed but preserved, city says

July 9th, 2012

An impromptu memorial to slain teenager Trayvon Martin has been dismantled, but the items that composed it are being preserved, the city of Sanford, Florida, announced Monday.

After consultations with Martin's family, city staff members removed the items from the entrance of the subdivision where Martin was shot in February during a confrontation with neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, City Manager Norton Bonaparte's office said.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/09/trayvon-martin-memorial-removed-but-preserved-city-says/

https://twitter.com/DaraleneJones

Daralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones
Sanford City Manager says he will consider moving memorial back. Admits there may have been miscommunication ‪#TrayvonMartin‬

Daralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones
Concerned citizens group has asked Sanford City Manager to move ‪#TrayvonMartin‬ memorial back to its location.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Quiz anyone..........? http://zimmermanscall.blogspot.ca/p/quiz.html
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Hate crimes prosecution talk above.
I recall someone posting an article about the few times violent hate crimes have been prosecuted in the past and they seem to be prosecuting only incredibly extreme and vocal racists (swastika tattoos, hateful angry internet posts) who have no other connection to victims or slightest excuse for their violent actions. I'd be shocked of they could or would go after him since - at least on paper- he wasn't a punk looking for trouble.
But who knows what the 22 witnesses including 9 have to say?

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:50 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:Silly question for Cher and CB- what do the references to sugar and spice mean?

For everyone else- is "only to be king again" from a movie song or X Box game? It sounds sort of familiar, but I can't place it.

TIA!

Adorable puppies that I can't have..... George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 2 927100
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next