Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

+38
Hinky's Mimi
Julie
emberl
ChicagoChat
auburn99girl
cassiy45
Claire C.
Mercysake
sitemama
Labadorable
Dis
alabama52
sharona
back2back19
MDgirl
Porky
angela_nw
Stolat
snowbird
Tamta
ecossie possie
ClaireUncensored
MollyK
Chickenbutt
Puzzler
Hinky Refugee
Alessandra_Deux
serenaz1
CherokeeNative
ellejay
WeeBonnie
justanopinion
Ann - Tx
Gizmo711
KimmyK
Freckles
Justice4all
KZ
42 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 3 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by Stolat Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:01 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:Silly question for Cher and CB- what do the references to sugar and spice mean?

For everyone else- is "only to be king again" from a movie song or X Box game? It sounds sort of familiar, but I can't place it.

TIA!

Lyrics from The Fugees -- hip hop group.

..."a born again hooligan - only to be king again"
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 3 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Aww they can tug at your heart, I know! A while back when office politics had me down I started going to a lovely dog run at lunch near my office. Even though it smelled awful I found it more therapeutic than the meditation I had been practicing!

Chickenbutt wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:Silly question for Cher and CB- what do the references to sugar and spice mean?

For everyone else- is "only to be king again" from a movie song or X Box game? It sounds sort of familiar, but I can't place it.

TIA!

Adorable puppies that I can't have..... George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 3 927100

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Ah HA! Thank you!!
I must have screwed up my Google.
*blushes and straightens out her Google*

Stolat wrote:

TIA!

Lyrics from The Fugees -- hip hop group.

..."a born again hooligan - only to be king again"

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:12 pm

Loved this link- very good points made!
Thanks!
ecossie possie wrote:Quiz anyone..........? http://zimmermanscall.blogspot.ca/p/quiz.html

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Are we to believe that any donations that come in with racists words are sent back to the sender? Does O'Mara really expect us to believe that. As desperate as he is and the fact that most of these donors are just that. He would have to send every dime back and Zimmerman would still be sitting in jail.

I guess it's O'Mara's way of trying to clean up what so many are talking about and that was his plea for more donations and asking for those "who believe that Zimmerman was justified" etc. I guess he got a lot of feedback about that.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:36 pm

So I went looking at the other GZ threads and found the same discussion going on on 3 different threads about the overlapping topics of paypal and internet presence. I am so confused. The same links are being presented and different people are discussing the same thing.

I am trying hard to comply, but now I am more confused than ever.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:Are we to believe that any donations that come in with racists words are sent back to the sender? Does O'Mara really expect us to believe that. As desperate as he is and the fact that most of these donors are just that. He would have to send every dime back and Zimmerman would still be sitting in jail.

I guess it's O'Mara's way of trying to clean up what so many are talking about and that was his plea for more donations and asking for those "who believe that Zimmerman was justified" etc. I guess he got a lot of feedback about that.

Yeah, Gizmo - he's doing the Michael Jackson backwalk trying to clean up his major blunder...hitting the media discussing his feelings of being "conflicted." LOL I guess it is hard for some to balance "money" over "decency."
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:So I went looking at the other GZ threads and found the same discussion going on on 3 different threads about the overlapping topics of paypal and internet presence. I am so confused. The same links are being presented and different people are discussing the same thing.

Hey CB Cool Exactly. I don't believe our GZ case is large enough with posters or topics to warrant splitting it up into topics. I think Porky called it when he spoke of continuity up thread. (Just got in from a hard day at the office...going to go play catch up.)
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:

TIA!

Adorable puppies that I can't have..... George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 3 927100

OT - but yes, four adorable little 8 week old pugs....cuties. If I knew how to post photos - I would post some over on the dog thread...but I am too lazy to figure it out. Something to do with doing that kind of stuff all day at work and not wanting to do it when I get home. :-)
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:51 pm

ecossie possie wrote:Chiken But.................. Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5
by ecossie possie on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:53 pm

.CherokeeNative....I need to clarify something from the other night ....re the Revrand / Trayvons Father txt ...That made both GZ an M O M nervous when brought up dureing the first bail bond hearing....I dont think it was taken of his phone dureing his initial questioning on the night of the shooting or even the next few days...Trayvons Parents had not been on tv or in the Media at that point..My instincts are that GZ had his phone returned to him that night.Maybe L E done that thing where they can clone it an then keep track of everything ocouring on that phone as part of there ongoing investigation..More likely though is that when GZ was arrested after the 40 odd days an placed in custody on 2nd degree murder charges.His phone was again scrutinised by LE to see what he had been up to an if anything incriminating re the offence was mentioned.This is when I M O THE derogatery an possably raceist comments ie Trayvons Father an a as yet unidentified Revrant were disscovered an handed over to the prosecution ,,The prosecution has that info an possably a lot lot more taken from his an Wifes phone also since her Arrest..When GZ Made his appolagy at the first bail hearing the propsecuter wanted to read certain portions of nasty things said by GZ via txt dureing that time period of forty odd days before his arrest..When TM Parents an both Rev Sharpton / Jackson regulary apeared on TV...Although my gut instinct was that he used Rev Martin Luther King as he shared the name Martin with Trayvons family....The way GZ eyes nearly popped out his head as he said he had no memory of any txt concerning Revrant an Trayvons Father indicates it was realy bad...The Judge also appeared to be privvy to the contents an the inflamitory nature of them as he shut down them being read out in court for the time being..All of the above is just speculation on my part an also M O O.............

Thanks Ecossie !!!! I had no idea that they could clone it and then track incoming and outgoing calls/texts. That's cool stuff. Remind me never to hand over my phone to LE. LOL
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Good afternoon CN, good to see you. Don't show me those puppies...they are too cute!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:11 pm

He's doing another back walk lying to Piers Morgan saying they NEED to do the Internet fundraising because the 1 million $ bail!
He's not even waiting a week to totally rewrite history.
I'm used to lawyers parsing their words to express untruths- but flat out lying and about a really well know series of events. MOMs got a lot of nerve. I hope a REAL journalist calls him on this blatant BS.

CherokeeNative wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:Are we to believe that any donations that come in with racists words are sent back to the sender? Does O'Mara really expect us to believe that. As desperate as he is and the fact that most of these donors are just that. He would have to send every dime back and Zimmerman would still be sitting in jail.

Yeah, Gizmo - he's doing the Michael Jackson backwalk trying to clean up his major blunder...hitting the media discussing his feelings of being "conflicted." LOL I guess it is hard for some to balance "money" over "decency."

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Are Glazed and Ham the other two?
I tried to do pics once. Failed!

CherokeeNative wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:

OT - but yes, four adorable little 8 week old pugs....cuties. If I knew how to post photos - I would post some over on the dog thread...but I am too lazy to figure it out. Something to do with doing that kind of stuff all day at work and not wanting to do it when I get home. :-)

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Cherokee Native yes they can do that with mobile phones .Cant remember what the specific name is the Ants were convinced it had been done with there phones..So they all switched to bat ...Buy An Toss...phones......For there nefarious conversations txting.
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:So I went looking at the other GZ threads and found the same discussion going on on 3 different threads about the overlapping topics of paypal and internet presence. I am so confused. The same links are being presented and different people are discussing the same thing.

Are you sure it wasn't four threads- because there's media reports of the Internet and Pay Pal strategy of the GZ defense attorneys.

I went to go post my BOMBSHELL about there being 22 direct witnesses and was really chuffed to see there were no witness threads.

awe
I feel like Chicken Little! 22 witnesses squawk squawk!

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:31 pm

M O M says they are monitering the donations an any received from racists is being returned....What a croc of poo,,,,,,I mean come on how gulllible does he think we are...How many people are going to send in money/cheqes/ect.Along with a racist comment.Wich are illegal so even if someone did write a raceial slur would they leave an address for LE to possably arresst them..Or M O M to return there money to?
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:46 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:Are Glazed and Ham the other two?
I tried to do pics once. Failed!

CherokeeNative wrote:

Nope - just one little male and he's a fatty - hence "glazed ham", the little porker. LOL I have one, I just haven't name...hubby calls her sweetie. Course they will all get new names when they are sold. It's funny, I used to have a "Gizmo" cat and a "Bonnie" collie.

Last edited by CherokeeNative on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:47 pm

ecossie possie wrote:Cherokee Native yes they can do that with mobile phones .Cant remember what the specific name is the Ants were convinced it had been done with there phones..So they all switched to bat ...Buy An Toss...phones......For there nefarious conversations txting.

That's right Ecossie, I remember that now - but I didn't realize WHY they did it - changed their phones, I just recall that they did.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:53 pm

ecossie possie wrote:M O M says they are monitering the donations an any received from racists is being returned....What a croc of poo,,,,,,I mean come on how gulllible does he think we are...How many people are going to send in money/cheqes/ect.Along with a racist comment.Wich are illegal so even if someone did write a raceial slur would they leave an address for LE to possably arresst them..Or M O M to return there money to?

If I wasn't opposed to giving one cent to GZ, I would do a test and send two separate checks, one with racist remarks in the reference line and the other blank - we all know they would both be cashed. I'm with you Ecossie, it's a croc.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:02 pm

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/09/pmt.01.html
PIERS MORGAN TONIGHT
Taxes and the Race for the White House; Cruise, Holmes and Scientology
Aired July 9, 2012 - 21:00 ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

MORGAN: Coming up, the man who killed Trayvon Martin is out of jail on a million dollars bond. Next, George Zimmerman's attorney tells me exclusively what Zimmerman has said since he got out.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

MORGAN: George Zimmerman, the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, is out of jail on one million dollars bond. But his attorney made a statement that's been pretty controversial. Joining me now in his first exclusive interview since he got his client released is that attorney, Mark O'Mara. Mark, welcome back.

MARK O'MARA, ATTORNEY FOR GEORGE ZIMMERMAN: Good evening. How you doing, Piers?

MORGAN: Your client is out. He got his bond. People have been a little bit surprised. I'm going to take this straight to you for your reaction tot his, about the strategy that you've adopted, which is to go public and say, if you agree that my clients' actions were with justified, then donate money to his defense funds.

Tell me about the thinking behind the strategy, and about the way that it's now blown up as a bit of a controversial thing for you to have done.

O'MARA: Well, it is a bit unique, again. And I'm a bit conflicted by it, to be honest. We try to deal with the reality that George does not have any funds of his own. He can only get those funds from his supporters. And a lot of those supporters, the comments they've given us have shown a variety -- a spectrum of support, a lot of which are those that believe that George did, in fact, act appropriately.

MORGAN: Right, but it is, as you say, a unique situation for a defense attorney to effectively say, look, you may believe he killed somebody, and he clearly did, but if you think he acted in self- defense and is justified, give us your money. It's something -- as critics would say, and there's some merit to the argument, it's slightly crude, isn't it? It's a sort of -- it's a very weird thing to be doing, isn't it?

O'MARA: It is. As I said, I was somewhat -- am somewhat conflicted with it, only because it is so very unique. This whole case has shown a lot of unique facets to it, one of which the fact that there is a criminal defense fund at all; secondly, that it's garnered such an amazing controversy and support throughout the nation and internationally. So it was a decision that we were sort of put in a position of having to do because of the bond amount.

As you remember, Piers, we had talked in the past that I had never really asked for money on George's behalf. And though we had the defense fund active, we never really pushed it. The reality is, however, that with a one million dollar bond, and a 100,000 dollar fee to get that bond done, we cannot do it without support from George's supporters.

MORGAN: How do you know, though, that there are no racist groups getting involved in this fund-raising? Are you vetting each donor? Do you know who they are? Clearly, the way this has been framed is an open invitation to any of the racists who raised their ugly heads at the time, to say, hey, this guy shot a black guy, I'm going to give him some money. How do you know that's not happening?

O'MARA: My true opinion is that I've reviewed thousands of the supporters' comment that have come to us. They have all been positive and I would say appropriate. There have been a very few that have been negative. Those monies have been returned.

So at least those people who are comments are doing it from their heart and from the right place. After all, there could be racist people on both sides of this fence. We have an enormous amount of hate mail that comes to us as well, from racists on the other side of it. Any racists from the white side, if you will, who do something like that, we go into -- rebuff them and not accept their money.

MORGAN: What is the time scale now, Mark, in terms of how you see the legal process moving forward in the next few months?

O'MARA: I still think we have about six months of discovery to go. That is getting the rest of discovery from the state, then getting our discovery, getting our request out to various state agencies and organizations that we want to get information from. Then coming up with our experts and then getting ready for either a pretrial motion, a Stand Your Ground motion and then trial if need be.

MORGAN: In terms of his personal safety, is he entitled to any state protection? If he isn't, what is he doing about protecting himself in terms of security or whatever else he may be having?

O'MARA: Unfortunately, he's not entitled to any state provided security. So the security that is he under now is only coming from the legal defense fund, which is why again, a request for funds has been made uniquely, but had to be made merely because of a number of reasons. One, his own safety, and two, the presentation of the case.

So it is now on his shoulders, but in effect is on the shoulders of all of his supporters.

MORGAN: Mark O'Mara, as always, thank you for joining us. I appreciate it.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:14 pm

So Gizmo and I are your pets, LOL. Funny!
I named one of my cats Pats because my parents middle names were Patrick and Patricia. He's thin but getting a belly too. I shld call him Porky Patsy! Gotta love animals- they never talk back!

[quote="CherokeeNative"]
WeeBonnie wrote:
Nope - just one little male and he's a fatty - hence "glazed ham", the little porker. LOL I have one, I just haven't name...hubby calls her sweetie. Course they will all get new names when they are sold. It's funny, I used to have a "Gizmo" cat and a "Bonnie" collie.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Where'd the delete button go?
Cool

Last edited by WeeBonnie on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:20 pm

I am soo tempted to try to donate to GZs private fund- the one he told his lawyer to shut down.
If I could hack typing hateful stuff or reading much of it, I'd go undercover at the Treehouse and sleuth. None of those creeps got their money returned. I know I'd be nauseated though.

CherokeeNative wrote:
ecossie possie wrote:M O M says they are monitering the donations an any received from racists is being returned....What a croc of poo,,,,,,I mean come on how gulllible does he think we are...How many people are going to send in money/cheqes/ect.Along with a racist comment.Wich are illegal so even if someone did write a raceial slur would they leave an address for LE to possably arresst them..Or M O M to return there money to?

If I wasn't opposed to giving one cent to GZ, I would do a test and send two separate checks, one with racist remarks in the reference line and the other blank - we all know they would both be cashed. I'm with you Ecossie, it's a croc.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:28 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:Where'd the delete button go?
Cool

I didn't know we had one - but we obviously do because some deleted their posts yesterday.

OOPS - there it is - it wasn't showing awhile ago...I swear.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Oddly enough, it showed on some of my dupes but not others. Add to that I tried to clean up dupes in three threads. Cher, my head HURTS.
There's no place like home. I shall wander no more!

CherokeeNative wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:Where'd the delete button go?
Cool

I didn't know we had one - but we obviously do because some deleted their posts yesterday.

OOPS - there it is - it wasn't showing awhile ago...I swear.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:43 pm

For both context and irony's sake, I'd like to remind people that Piers fled his native England because his rep was completely trashed for being implicated in Murdochs PHONE HACKING scandal. Hack is appropriate.
What a web they weave.

Puzzler wrote:http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/09/pmt.01.html
PIERS MORGAN TONIGHT
Taxes and the Race for the White House; Cruise, Holmes and Scientology
Aired July 9, 2012 - 21:00 ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

MORGAN: Coming up, the man who killed Trayvon Martin is out of jail on a million dollars bond. Next, George Zimmerman's attorney tells me exclusively what Zimmerman has said since he got out.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

MORGAN: George Zimmerman, the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, is out of jail on one million dollars bond. But his attorney made a statement that's been pretty controversial. Joining me now in his first exclusive interview since he got his client released is that attorney, Mark O'Mara. Mark, welcome back.

MARK O'MARA, ATTORNEY FOR GEORGE ZIMMERMAN: Good evening. How you doing, Piers?

MORGAN: Your client is out. He got his bond. People have been a little bit surprised. I'm going to take this straight to you for your reaction tot his, about the strategy that you've adopted, which is to go public and say, if you agree that my clients' actions were with justified, then donate money to his defense funds.

Tell me about the thinking behind the strategy, and about the way that it's now blown up as a bit of a controversial thing for you to have done.

O'MARA: Well, it is a bit unique, again. And I'm a bit conflicted by it, to be honest. We try to deal with the reality that George does not have any funds of his own. He can only get those funds from his supporters. And a lot of those supporters, the comments they've given us have shown a variety -- a spectrum of support, a lot of which are those that believe that George did, in fact, act appropriately.

MORGAN: Right, but it is, as you say, a unique situation for a defense attorney to effectively say, look, you may believe he killed somebody, and he clearly did, but if you think he acted in self- defense and is justified, give us your money. It's something -- as critics would say, and there's some merit to the argument, it's slightly crude, isn't it? It's a sort of -- it's a very weird thing to be doing, isn't it?

O'MARA: It is. As I said, I was somewhat -- am somewhat conflicted with it, only because it is so very unique. This whole case has shown a lot of unique facets to it, one of which the fact that there is a criminal defense fund at all; secondly, that it's garnered such an amazing controversy and support throughout the nation and internationally. So it was a decision that we were sort of put in a position of having to do because of the bond amount.

As you remember, Piers, we had talked in the past that I had never really asked for money on George's behalf. And though we had the defense fund active, we never really pushed it. The reality is, however, that with a one million dollar bond, and a 100,000 dollar fee to get that bond done, we cannot do it without support from George's supporters.

MORGAN: How do you know, though, that there are no racist groups getting involved in this fund-raising? Are you vetting each donor? Do you know who they are? Clearly, the way this has been framed is an open invitation to any of the racists who raised their ugly heads at the time, to say, hey, this guy shot a black guy, I'm going to give him some money. How do you know that's not happening?

O'MARA: My true opinion is that I've reviewed thousands of the supporters' comment that have come to us. They have all been positive and I would say appropriate. There have been a very few that have been negative. Those monies have been returned.

So at least those people who are comments are doing it from their heart and from the right place. After all, there could be racist people on both sides of this fence. We have an enormous amount of hate mail that comes to us as well, from racists on the other side of it. Any racists from the white side, if you will, who do something like that, we go into -- rebuff them and not accept their money.

MORGAN: What is the time scale now, Mark, in terms of how you see the legal process moving forward in the next few months?

O'MARA: I still think we have about six months of discovery to go. That is getting the rest of discovery from the state, then getting our discovery, getting our request out to various state agencies and organizations that we want to get information from. Then coming up with our experts and then getting ready for either a pretrial motion, a Stand Your Ground motion and then trial if need be.

MORGAN: In terms of his personal safety, is he entitled to any state protection? If he isn't, what is he doing about protecting himself in terms of security or whatever else he may be having?

O'MARA: Unfortunately, he's not entitled to any state provided security. So the security that is he under now is only coming from the legal defense fund, which is why again, a request for funds has been made uniquely, but had to be made merely because of a number of reasons. One, his own safety, and two, the presentation of the case.

So it is now on his shoulders, but in effect is on the shoulders of all of his supporters.

MORGAN: Mark O'Mara, as always, thank you for joining us. I appreciate it.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Hey everyone....back among the posting. Been tied up with little girl drama most of the day. They wear me out!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Peirs was kicked out of the editors position Daily Mirror for useing fake photos allegedlly showing British Servicemen abuseing Iraqis Abu Grabi style on the front Page exclusives.However it was revealed that the photos were mock ups taken in the UK..He was disscredited as a serious journalist an popped up as a judge on Britians got talent an he also had a shoert run tv show were he interveiwd z list celebs like Kate Price an Jedward..He also admitted to useing storys from signing into/hacking celebs phone messageing service in his autobiography...This was before the big legal crackdown wich led to the demise of the News of the World..In the UK he was considered a nasty buffoon whom was finally getting his come uppance..We were dumbfounded when he landed such a high profile gig in the United States
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Oh yeah- I forgot about the phony pics! An Irish writer I knew went off on him and said he had no idea why he found good employment in America.
I hope that whole hacking thing ruins Murdochs empire. He's just the worst thing to happen to American press since we stopped requiring them to publish the honest truth and allowed them to form monoplies. Theres so much garbage published now it's shameful.
Tks for the recap!

ecossie possie wrote:Peirs was kicked out of the editors position Daily Mirror for useing fake photos allegedlly showing British Servicemen abuseing Iraqis Abu Grabi style on the front Page exclusives.However it was revealed that the photos were mock ups taken in the UK..He was disscredited as a serious journalist an popped up as a judge on Britians got talent an he also had a shoert run tv show were he interveiwd z list celebs like Kate Price an Jedward..He also admitted to useing storys from signing into/hacking celebs phone messageing service in his autobiography...This was before the big legal crackdown wich led to the demise of the News of the World..In the UK he was considered a nasty buffoon whom was finally getting his come uppance..We were dumbfounded when he landed such a high profile gig in the United States

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:40 pm

ecossie possie wrote:Quiz anyone..........? http://zimmermanscall.blogspot.ca/p/quiz.html
This is excellent, Ecossie! Thanks for sharing.

I liked the section called The Walk:
http://zimmermanscall.blogspot.ca/p/walk.html
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Here's a link you might find interesting. http://frederickleatherman.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/is-george-zimmerman-playing-the-race-card-to-garner-sympathy-and-financial-support/#comments
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Freckles wrote:
This is excellent, Ecossie! Thanks for sharing.

I liked the section called The Walk:
http://zimmermanscall.blogspot.ca/p/walk.html

Just went through this Ecossie - Excellent !! Thanks for the Link. Cool
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:08 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:

Hey CB Cool Exactly. I don't believe our GZ case is large enough with posters or topics to warrant splitting it up into topics. I think Porky called it when he spoke of continuity up thread. (Just got in from a hard day at the office...going to go play catch up.)

--at this point i agree.

--we're still in the "discussion" stage, a little here/a little there on all aspecs/players.

--(although i DO thank J4A for the info re: the "Actions"/ (top right on page) 'view all since last posted'--brings you to ONLY t ast gz threads.....that's cool...and good for those "challeneged" such as i, that didn't know of that feature..)

--once we hit discovery (coming thursday!) more hearings, trial etc.......but for now , everything is actually fine on the main discussion page (IMO) ---------unless you have something to say re: the prosecutors, the paypal etc or the various threads KZ has broken it down into (thanks KZ.)
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:31 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:Loved this link- very good points made!
Thanks!

love this link ecossie... love this quote by one of the bloggers on the quiz section.... "The curious thing is, Zimmerman doesn't respect the law but wanted to be an enforcer of law." I have been trying to find a way to say exactly that for days... that person needs to get into my head more often so that I can express myself more clearly here!! geek
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:23 am

justanopinion wrote:
Thanks!

love this link ecossie... love this quote by one of the bloggers on the quiz section.... "The curious thing is, Zimmerman doesn't respect the law but wanted to be an enforcer of law." I have been trying to find a way to say exactly that for days... that person needs to get into my head more often so that I can express myself more clearly here!! geek

I agree Justa - this guy has GZ nailed. I especially like that he points out that the one true witness does not lie. These parts nailed it:

He made three huge mistakes
A) He had not realized that the One True Witness says accurately that he got out of the truck before any questions about address or directions were asked. The One True Witness says:
Zimmerman got out of the truck solely in order to follow Martin
The One True Witness can not lie - can not remember wrongly.

B) He had not realized that the One True Witness recording shows that in the last moment of the call, this happened:
Dispatcher: Okay do you want to just meet with them right near the mailboxes then?
Zimmerman: Yeah that's fine.
Dispatcher: Alright George, I'll let them know to meet you around there, okay?
Zimmerman: Actually could you have them, could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?
Dispatcher: Okay, yeah that's no problem.

C) He had not realized that the call time was automatically logged - and the the times of the 911s were also automatically logged
"So I started walking back"
Yes. He started walking back - at 19:13:41
The distance from the side of the road at Retreat View Circle - where he describes ending the call - to the T-Junction is 87 feet. An average walking pace of 4.3 feet per second would have him there in 20 seconds.

The place at which he indicates he was accosted is a further 7 feet beyond the T-junction. Say another 2 seconds max.

It is unquestionable ( One True Witness) that
1. Zimmerman got out of the truck in order to follow Martin
2. Zimmerman was wandering about for a minimum of 2 minutes and 30 seconds after the call ended and before the first 911 call connected.
3. "He's got his hand in his waistband" is the one detail that Zimmerman from the call that he thinks worthy of mention when describing the circling in the Walk-Through. Gun/Weapon
4. When he ended the call, he did not intend to walk to the truck

I am going to continue to follow this guy's posts - he and Llpapa (sp) have made some very good observations on this case.

CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:45 am

Has anyone seen a link where someone has transcribed the various video taped statements of GZ or the reenactment video? I would be interested in seeing those if you do. TIA
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:54 am

Justa - GZ studies the law for loop holes, so he could get over and not be held accountable. You can see how how he he overdid it in telling his story- Trayvon supposey threatened his life verbally, with the head pounding and grabbing the gun. It's no accident that these are three very implausible parts of his story- they are only there because GZ needed them there to support his SYG claim. And the stalking was removed from his story because it weakened his claim.
GZ loved the power and authority but didn't want any responsibility.
justanopinion wrote:
Thanks!

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:19 am

CherokeeNative wrote:Here's a link you might find interesting. http://frederickleatherman.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/is-george-zimmerman-playing-the-race-card-to-garner-sympathy-and-financial-support/#comments
I also like the article that he wrote about why George passed the polygraph. All his articles are on the left hand side. I agree with him that it was how the questions was asked to George. I was just wondering what you think about that article.
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:33 am

snowbird wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:Here's a link you might find interesting. http://frederickleatherman.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/is-george-zimmerman-playing-the-race-card-to-garner-sympathy-and-financial-support/#comments
I also like the article that he wrote about why George passed the polygraph. All his articles are on the left hand side. I agree with him that it was how the questions was asked to George. I was just wondering what you think about that article.

Snowbird - I am flying out the door to work, but as soon as I get home I will respond to your question. Thanks!!! Have a great day blogging!!
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:39 am

Go ahead and discuss anything in the general discussion thread, but if you want to discuss a specific aspect of the case in more detail and the general discussion isn't going in that direction, then you can try discussing it in one of the sub threads.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:50 am

I went looking for a link for Cher and failed!
My search displayed a nasty tear down of MOM calling him "Orlando Jesus" asking for "alms". I was too curious and wanted to know why these uber conservatives have turned on MOM.
MOM was quoted saying that he doesn't understand the need for SYG laws. Even though he goes on to say that self defense covers it all already- the Treepers are very disappointed in him for this.
The other reason they HATE him is that he and Corey exchanged brief cordial glances at each other. They believe that on the basis of this, a fix is in, and MOM is planning on throwing the case. Because he's afraid of the Black Panthers. Seriously!
You can't make this stuff up!
The good thing is, they were in major fundraising mode and have stopped.
Most of these yahoos think Shellie tried to tell the truth (no one mentions the jail house recordings ever) and also that GZ should be speaking out more and be directing his own self defense.
It's hilarious except for the nasty racist parts. Scary bunch of ignorant people.

Last edited by WeeBonnie on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:08 am; edited 4 times in total

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:51 am

Hey that's a real sensible approach! I like it!
Justice4all wrote:Go ahead and discuss anything in the general discussion thread, but if you want to discuss a specific aspect of the case in more detail and the general discussion isn't going in that direction, then you can try discussing it in one of the sub threads.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 am

CherokeeNative wrote:Has anyone seen a link where someone has transcribed the various video taped statements of GZ or the reenactment video? I would be interested in seeing those if you do. TIA

--there are a variety of transcripts here, including george's stmts , the reenactment etc...our thanks go to some wonderful folks over @ JQ.

http://www.justicequest.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65947
--transcripts
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:08 am

Hey that's a real sensible approach! I like it!
Justice4all wrote:Go ahead and discuss anything in the general discussion thread, but if you want to discuss a specific aspect of the case in more detail and the general discussion isn't going in that direction, then you can try discussing it in one of the sub threads.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:14 am

Great link- THANKS! This guy represented the Green River Killer? Whoa, scary stuff.

I loved the post about the useless questions asked during stress test and also the discussion in comments about how completely unreliable witness #6 really is.
Aside from making up very significant details out of whole cloth, basically reporting what he imagined instead of saw- he doesn't even get it right when shots were fired.
He's going to be pretty useless to the defense. Wow.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by angela_nw Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Thank you, this calls for an emoticon George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 3 541830
angela_nw
angela_nw

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:09 pm

THANKS J4A!! rocker
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Okay it looks like my bombshell is not.
the Miami Herald article I posted the other day said 22 people had seen or heard the incident.
From what I have seen, it's 22 total- including parents, Taffee, ex GF to GZ etc.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/15/nation/la-na-nn-evidence-zimmerman-case-20120515

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:34 pm

George Zimmerman evidence, including FBI interviews, to be released Thursday

2:10 p.m. EST, July 11, 2012|By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

Special Prosecutor Angela Corey on Thursday releases another round of evidence in her second-degree murder case against George Zimmerman, including a first look at what FBI agents have turned up in their civil rights investigation.

Nearly a dozen FBI agents interviewed several Sanford police officers, including the case's lead investigator, Chris Serino. They also talked to Zimmerman's former girlfriend, who accused him in court paperwork of being violent; neighbor Frank Taffee; several unidentified civilian witnesses and several gun shop employees, including those who worked at the store where Zimmerman bought the gun he used to shoot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Read more:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-11/news/os-george-zimmerman-plus-20120711_1_trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-special-prosecutor-angela-corey
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:06 pm

snowbird wrote:

I read that article too Snowbird - in fact, I have been following his articles for a few weeks now. I agree, I think the polygraph/stress test was useless, and the questions all wrong. But, what do I know, I am not a polygraph person knowledgeable in that so this is just a layman's opinion. I did like his "5 Videos" article, http://frederickleatherman.wordpress.com/2012/06/, where he has the angle/trajectory of the bullet video. And, without getting into the racist aspect of this case (puleeezzee), I think his perspective on GZ's paranoia in wearing a bullet proof vest in court, etc., is very interesting and an angle that had not occurred to me. There are a few sites out there who seem to have it all worked out as far as the case against GZ and why he will be convicted. I will be very interested to see what their end opinions will be once all of the evidence is out in the open - if it ever is.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next