Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5

+32
ustwin
Kwest
Freckles
Tamta
MollyK
justanopinion
Justice4all
ClaireUncensored
angela_nw
emberl
Stolat
summerthyme
Julie
tesstruhart
Calypso
Puzzler
Ann - Tx
Porky
CherokeeNative
Requiem
ecossie possie
Chickenbutt
ellejay
Alessandra_Deux
back2back19
KZ
WeeBonnie
Marica
snowbird
serenaz1
Gizmo711
alabama52
36 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5 Empty George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5

Post by alabama52 Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:40 pm

ellejay wrote:
snowbird wrote:
What is BDLR? Sorry, My mind is drawing a blank.

--state attorney---bernie de la rionda ?

Could we just call him Bernie?

alabama52

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5 Empty Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:40 pm

If Judge Lester does give a bond, I hope it is at least two million. I would love to see O'Mara's face at that kind of bond.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5 Empty Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5

Post by serenaz1 Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:
serenaz1 wrote:

Thanks elle, I do remember that statement & yeah, he did move more towards his back. He contradicts himself again later, so Trayvon didn't believe Z really had a gun until he heard it? I thought he was trying to grab it from you, George?

Trayvon couldn't have heard the gun, the sound comes after the shot, the bullit hit Trayvon first.

Very Happy I think George needs to go back to school and study more physics, because none of his story makes sense!
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:If Judge Lester does give a bond, I hope it is at least two million. I would love to see O'Mara's face at that kind of bond.

LOL, MOM might swallow his lips again!

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:07 pm

ellejay wrote:
snowbird wrote:
What is BDLR? Sorry, My mind is drawing a blank.

--state attorney---bernie de la rionda ?
Laughing Thanks, I feel completely dumb. Laughing Laughing
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:12 pm

snowbird.. Don't.. I asked also.

Last edited by Marica on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ETA: I was sneaky though and asked another member in PM.)
Marica
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:Did everyone catch that BDLR stated in court today that he interviewed GZ himself and GZ couldn't tell who was on top during the fight between GZ and Trayvon?

Yes, I heard that...How the hell do you forget if you were on top or bottom while in a fight? He is just covering his azz, incase of other statements he made. It would have been hard for Trayvon to be covering George's nose and mouth if he was on the bottom.
That is one interview I would like to see. Didn't his attorney say that he was interview 11 times? Didn't I also hear BDLR say that they plan on using more jail house tapes?
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:37 pm

But how would his father know any better than anyone else about the "look of George's head" ? He doesn't if he didnt see him till the next morning. Like his son, he's trying to make GZ' s version of the events seem official. Like GZ claiming he has a fracture or the shooting was in self defense. Or that he didn't go to the hospital because of other people. So we can just trust his Dad instead of a real doctor now to believe what happened? I don't think Dads opinion matters here. It blows my mind they expect everyone to take their word.

Puzzler wrote:
Stolat wrote:

Valid and plausible reaction and yet interestingly, amid all the things we *did* hear GZ say about his struggle -- *that* was not one of them. He said nothing about trying to wriggle free from TM's hands over his mouth.

George's father made the point: (words to the effect) from the looks of my son's head, Trayvon Martin's hands were over more than George's mouth and nose.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:50 pm

Thanks everybody!
Can I ask - what is the additional evidence that Lester is looking at?
Are they going to do a better account of the cash and GZs assets since it appears they are still hiding some?
Or is he looking at crap Mom presented him with saying the case is weak? I didn't see anything new in MOMs presentation, so it couldn't be that right?
I get that MOM was trying to play the press big time- changing the narrative to be about poor George the victim. And it worked to a big extent because the press can only talk about what gets served forth.
I'm shocked the judge let him take over the bond hearing and make it a mini trial. So odd.
MOM is a piece of work.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:53 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:I particularly noticed that GZ likes to talk "cop" - throughout his statements he uses "suspect", "clearing" the residence, lost "visual", etc. So IMO GZ really saw himself as LE of his own little community.

Completely agree. His use of "cop language" reminds me a lot of Lee Anthony's statements. They are always "exiting their vehicles", never "getting out of the car"! Trying to sound more important, or more intelligent, or part of the LE club.

GZ's written statement sounds a lot like a report filed by someone at work, not someone who just committed a shooting. He sure didn't use that kind of language on his old MySpace or FB account. But then, he was appealing to his "homies".

In particular, GZ's use of the word "suspect" is very, very bad for GZ's credibility. I think he used "suspect" more than once, IIRC. That bothers me a lot, and I think it may bother potential jurors, too. It was written close in time to the shooting, so it's indicative of his wannabe cop persona, imo.

I have a hard time reconciling that method of speaking and writing with self defense by a layperson. Nothing about that statement sounds like actual self defense to me-- it sounds like justification.
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:01 pm

KZ wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:I particularly noticed that GZ likes to talk "cop" - throughout his statements he uses "suspect", "clearing" the residence, lost "visual", etc. So IMO GZ really saw himself as LE of his own little community.

Completely agree. His use of "cop language" reminds me a lot of Lee Anthony's statements. They are always "exiting their vehicles", never "getting out of the car"! Trying to sound more important, or more intelligent, or part of the LE club.

GZ's written statement sounds a lot like a report filed by someone at work, not someone who just committed a shooting. He sure didn't use that kind of language on his old MySpace or FB account. But then, he was appealing to his "homies".

In particular, GZ's use of the word "suspect" is very, very bad for GZ's credibility. I think he used "suspect" more than once, IIRC. That bothers me a lot, and I think it may bother potential jurors, too. It was written close in time to the shooting, so it's indicative of his wannabe cop persona, imo.

I have a hard time reconciling that method of speaking and writing with self defense by a layperson. Nothing about that statement sounds like actual self defense to me-- it sounds like justification.

What made me laugh was when he used the phrase 'he emerged from the darkness' twice!

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Hold up! Last I counted GZ had pocketed 40k for futures expenses. It's all gone- to whose safe deposit boxes?!?!

Stolat wrote:Did I hear that right? Since that last hearing Shellie And GZ Sis had stated they had combined $13,000 between them and that amount has now dwindled down to $3,000 ???

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:b2b, I keep telling you...have faith. It is still very, very early in the case.
CB, you're gonna have to tell me that a few trillion times. I am just so worried. O'Mara scares me. I don't like how he's going about this.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Lol, Serenaz.

Sounds like a B novel....

"It was a dark and stormy night....."

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5 Af5cff33

Last edited by KZ on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Have a grandson who served 4 years with USAF as LE, and is now on a suburban police dept. He never speaks in this manner among family. I have read some of his official reports and abut laughed out loud because of all the legal terms he used. I have the feeling that if a LEO were involved in something such as this while off duty and not acting in official capacity there would be a definite difference in the terms they would use. Hope someone who has LE background experience will comment.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:12 pm

alabama52 wrote:
ellejay wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/george-zimmermans-father-takes-stand-16683015

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5 RobZsr

--video@link--

George Zimmerman's Father Takes the Stand

Defendant's father says voice calling for help on 911 call is his son.

Thanks! I want to watch this again. I'm certainly not a body language expert but this guy appears to be lying to me. Watch him.

video platform
video management
video solutions
video player
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:18 pm

--re: above video clip..

--thanks again "alessandra"---( i need a tutorial on how to embed those videos, i'm useless...)
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks!!!

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:30 pm

..oh good grief..

--i READ that omara (on erin burnett CNN) today brought up the witness who talked about seeing george getting hammered "MMA" style-----and urged people to check out "ground and pound" on you-tube..

--for ONE THING---that witness later changed his story!totally omitted the ground and pound MMA style stuff...

--i WILL post the erinB transcript (once it's up---tomorrow probably..) i can't believe omara would use something like that today-----( when that actual witness retracted it weeks ago..)

--( well actually---now that i'm "getting to know omara even more" (never liked him from day one, and have always said so..)--a defense attorney after all w/ tactics..) yeah i can.

--( i'm anxious to know if he also slid it in there------supporter$$$$$$ (friend$$$$$$$!), dig deep.....)
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:40 pm

ellejay wrote:--re: above video clip..

--thanks again "alessandra"---( i need a tutorial on how to embed those videos, i'm useless...)

Ellejay, Ann - Tx gave me a tutorial, she created a monster Very Happy .

It was my pleasure.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:17 am

A poster at OS pointed out that Papa Zimmerman stated that he recognized his son's scream for help because he had heard it in Virginia. Well, George was a teen when the family lived in VA. So, that was a teen screaming. Anyway, Bernie could have scored big on that one but maybe he is waiting for the trial.

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:20 am

LOL, another poster pointed out....why would Zimmerman be screaming for help?
"Help!!! I've got a gun!"

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:39 am

Marica, hubby has been in LE for 30+ years. The only time he talks like a cop is in his reports and in court. Never at home, never to friends. But, if you get a bunch of cops together, then you can hardly understand them unless you know the 10 code (cop speak on the radio)
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:31 am

CB.. 10-code.. cops and truckers ... 10-4. LOL.
Ask hubby for me please..
If he were to be involved in a situation while on personal time and had to give a statement in an unofficial capacity, would he use his "official cop speak" or would he just respond as any of the rest of us would?

I used to get so pizzzzzzzed at my X, whom after discharge from the military used that "Not to the best of knowledge" military negative response, no matter what the situation might have been. Even my Mom asking him something simple.. "Did your parents ever own a Chevy?" and he would respond with "Not to the best of my knowledge." Guess it was the only seemingly highly intelligent thing (in his opinion) he ever learned to say.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:41 am

Marica wrote:CB.. 10-code.. cops and truckers ... 10-4. LOL.
Ask hubby for me please..
If he were to be involved in a situation while on personal time and had to give a statement in an unofficial capacity, would he use his "official cop speak" or would he just respond as any of the rest of us would?

I used to get so pizzzzzzzed at my X, whom after discharge from the military used that "Not to the best of knowledge" military negative response, no matter what the situation might have been. Even my Mom asking him something simple.. "Did your parents ever own a Chevy?" and he would respond with "Not to the best of my knowledge." Guess it was the only seemingly highly intelligent thing (in his opinion) he ever learned to say.

--my response to this---CB's husband would probably (since he's REAL LE) , even if in a situation on "personal time" , write it up in cop speak, since that would be his habit..etc...and perfectly NORMAL for him to do so.

--however, in this case, george was NEVER "real LE" , so for him to use "the suspect", "i cleared the area", "my firearm was holstered" ETC....is just so ridiculous , his handwritten stmt ( .."the suspect emerged from the darkness...") is at the most a light comedy read at bedtime.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:53 am

ellejay, I so agree that GZ's statement is pretty weird.

I probably didn't state my question as clearly as it could have been.
I tend to have problems doing that.

I am sure a written statement CB's hubby would probably write as he
accustomed to writing a report..

Still had to ask though.

Last edited by Marica on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Who knows why I edit things.. I screw up a LOT!)
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:20 am

Different Investigator...After you shot him...keep on going..what did he say.

Zimmerman...I got(?) him...he like sat up

Different Investigator...you're still in this position basically, you're laying down here, you shot him so he's in the grass
.........................................................................................How could Trayvon sit up if he was already astride GZ......And if it is Frank Taffes residence that GZ points out as being burgled ..Is he not a member of neighbourhoodwatch also..An yet he still leaves his door unlocked acording to GZ beyond flakey I M O.......
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:42 am

This statement that someone tended to leave their doors unlocked bothers me. Sort of like an invitation to be robbed.. Were these guys trying set a trap/encourage a burglary?
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:09 am

KZ wrote:

Very well said. And of course he wouldn't use that language with his "homies" as he put it, he had to keep up his image with them.

I'm also prone to believe that he led a lot of strangers to believe he was a cop, (which would be impersonation), that's why he didn't tell Trayvon who he was, he probably wanted him to think he was a cop. I wouldn't be surprised if he kept hand cuffs in his glove compartment.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:19 am

alabama52 wrote:A poster at OS pointed out that Papa Zimmerman stated that he recognized his son's scream for help because he had heard it in Virginia. Well, George was a teen when the family lived in VA. So, that was a teen screaming. Anyway, Bernie could have scored big on that one but maybe he is waiting for the trial.

Good catch...You are so right. I hope at trial, they all get slaughtered by the prosecution. Those screams are so very much like a teenager and not a 28 year old man. The whole Zimmerman family has the same type of voice, low and deep, the scream was pitched. I would love to hear the reinactment that they made George do in order to compare.

But I believe the prosecution is saving everything for the trial. They didn't want to give O'Mara a hint as to what they have up their sleeve. O'Mara was sure trying to get them to spill.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:21 am

alabama52 wrote:LOL, another poster pointed out....why would Zimmerman be screaming for help?
"Help!!! I've got a gun!"

roflao

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 am

I think Zimmerman felt real big that night and nothing was going to take that from him. He was not going to return to his car. He was going to make his big catch that night, he was going to catch a criminal and that was all there was to it. Zimmerman had to have had his gun drawn, there would have been no way that he would have been lurking behind those buildings in the dark, persuing what he thought to be a criminal, while still having his gun in the holster, no way. He probably startled Trayvon (who thought he had shook off the man that was chasing him) at which point Trayvons first instinct was to punch the guy in the nose with all he had. That punch landed Zimmerman on the ground and is probably when his head hit the pavement. I think it was then that Trayvon saw the gun in Zimmermans hand pointed at him and he started to scream because he saw his death coming. Zimmerman knew the screams would bring out the neighbors and he didn't want the neighbors to see that it was Trayvon screaming, so he shot him to shut him up. Then he thought quick to say that it was him screaming, because he was going to claim self defense and Trayvon screaming wouldn't back up that scenerio. JMO

I also think that O'Mara rubbed Judge Lester the wrong way at the hearing. First his client lies to the judge and then the lawyer calls the judge on one of his statemnets. I hope this is the ingredient for "jail til trial"...

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:33 am

Marica...hubby says he would use cop speak in any offical report whether on duty or off.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:45 am

Marica wrote:This statement that someone tended to leave their doors unlocked bothers me. Sort of like an invitation to be robbed.. Were these guys trying set a trap/encourage a burglary?

I was thinking the same thing! Im pretty sure Taffe has a gun- but not concealed carry. So maybe he was optimizing his chances at using it?

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:20 am

Come on now, GZ is almost a cop. He did a ride-along ya know.
He owes it to the SPD to show what a good student he is. He went out and got himself a real gun and learned how to shoot it As the Neighborhood watch captain, he had practiced being a police officer as part of his in advance training. He was taking CJ classes at the local community college. In GZ's mind, he was all but hired by the SPD. His call to SPD and the reports that followed were probably supposed to show them that not only could he identify a suspect, he could track his movements, clear different areas w/o backup, confront a dangerous suspect, request citizen support ("help") prior to discharging his weapon, and maintain his composure following the death of the suspect who left him with no other choice than the use of deadly force. His incident report was to demonstrate his ability to apply the appropriate legal terminology in both verbal and written form. This was his job interview Surely, the SPD would see what a valuable addition he would be to the department. How was he to know his "suspect" would turn out to be someone he was supposed to protect? ... I wonder if it has occurred to him that he totally bombed his interview. LOL

Chickenbutt wrote:Marica...hubby says he would use cop speak in any offical report whether on duty or off.

Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:33 am

WELL damn! Another of my BRILLIANT thoughts down the tubes.
Guess I best clam up and leave my great thoughts
rattling around with the few marbles I have left.

Thnx CB and Mr. CB
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:45 am

snowbird wrote:I don't think the judge taking time to decide bond is going to be in George's favor. I think that since MOM brought up the fact that the judge put in his last order about their was a strong case against George and pointed out that all the evidence that the judge had seen was the arrest affadavet, I don't think this sat well with the judge. It look like O Mare was almost calling out the judge. O mare stated that was why their was why he put up the evidence today for the bond hearing to show the judge that it wasn't a strong case. I believe the judge is going to be very careful with what he says in writting with the case law. I feel that what the defense did today was a mistake, they should have admitted George was wrong and bag for mercy of the court. I think if the judge was going to give him the same bond, he would have done it today.
However, I think a big part of the defense doing what they did today was to get more people to donate to George, because it has probably slow down after he was caught lying to the court. His attorney at one time stated that people were giving large amounts to George, but we found out that most donations were of $20.00.

ITA that the Judge was not impressed with MOM's argument at the hearing. He was clearly one step ahead of MOM. What MOM was trying to do was put on a Arthur hearing, which failed miserably because it was too late - he missed that opportunity at the prior hearing. That is a little blip in MOM's abilities and as the Judge pointed out, MOM was trying to "do it in reverse" - more or less trying to make up for his failings at the prior hearing. Judge Lester was having none of that and set MOM straight that the purpose of the hearing was to give GZ the opportunity to explain why he deceived the Court - not an Arthur hearing. As much as I saw Judge Lester's disapproval of MOM and his argument, I do believe he will grant rebond to GZ, but in a very high amount - I don't think the evidence rises to the level required to keep GZ locked up until trial. I forget, how did they manage to keep CA locked up the entire time? Was it because bail was so high? I fear that it doesn't matter how high Judge Lester sets the bond, the pro-GZ donors will only send in more money to meet whatever is needed. Makes me gag. At this point, just for the record, I do not see GZ getting his $450 per hour out of MOM. Technically, this is partly MOM's fault - a GOOD defense attorney would have never gone before the court and claimed indigent without first having fully vetted his client's financial status - not just assumed. He would have asked to see bank statements, he would have asked about that Paypal account that MOM was fully aware of from day one. So, even though GZ took advantage of the fact that MOM didn't ask, MOM still had that responsibility before going before Judge Lester and making the claims that he did.

Lastly, I am disgusted that MOM has gone on television and represented that witness #6 was beating GZ MMA style and urging people to view a You Tube video when the witness has clearly changed his story. If he wanted to make that representation, he was IMO ethically obligated to mention in the same breath that the witness has since reneged that aspect of his statement. This is nothing more than wholesale pimping for more funds and trying to taint the jury pool. I am with many here - I don't much like MOM anymore - he is becoming another BOZO who just happens to know court decorum and procedure a little better than BOZO did.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:50 am

Requiem wrote:Come on now, GZ is almost a cop. He did a ride-along ya know.
He owes it to the SPD to show what a good student he is. He went out and got himself a real gun and learned how to shoot it As the Neighborhood watch captain, he had practiced being a police officer as part of his in advance training. He was taking CJ classes at the local community college. In GZ's mind, he was all but hired by the SPD. His call to SPD and the reports that followed were probably supposed to show them that not only could he identify a suspect, he could track his movements, clear different areas w/o backup, confront a dangerous suspect, request citizen support ("help") prior to discharging his weapon, and maintain his composure following the death of the suspect who left him with no other choice than the use of deadly force. His incident report was to demonstrate his ability to apply the appropriate legal terminology in both verbal and written form. This was his job interview Surely, the SPD would see what a valuable addition he would be to the department. How was he to know his "suspect" would turn out to be someone he was supposed to protect? ... I wonder if it has occurred to him that he totally bombed his interview. LOL

Chickenbutt wrote:Marica...hubby says he would use cop speak in any offical report whether on duty or off.

Requiem - Bravo, bravo George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5 922384 George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5 88030 Cool
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:59 am

Gizmo711 wrote:I think Zimmerman felt real big that night and nothing was going to take that from him. He was not going to return to his car. He was going to make his big catch that night, he was going to catch a criminal and that was all there was to it. Zimmerman had to have had his gun drawn, there would have been no way that he would have been lurking behind those buildings in the dark, persuing what he thought to be a criminal, while still having his gun in the holster, no way. He probably startled Trayvon (who thought he had shook off the man that was chasing him)at which point Trayvons first instinct was to punch the guy in the nose with all he had . That punch landed Zimmerman on the ground and is probably when his head hit the pavement. I think it was then that Trayvon saw the gun in Zimmermans hand pointed at him and he started to scream because he saw his death coming. Zimmerman knew the screams would bring out the neighbors and he didn't want the neighbors to see that it was Trayvon screaming, so he shot him to shut him up. Then he thought quick to say that it was him screaming, because he was going to claim self defense and Trayvon screaming wouldn't back up that scenerio. JMO

I also think that O'Mara rubbed Judge Lester the wrong way at the hearing. First his client lies to the judge and then the lawyer calls the judge on one of his statemnets. I hope this is the ingredient for "jail til trial"...

Like you Gizzmo, I have always thought that GZ had his gun drawn, or at a very minimum out of its holster and in his coat pocket, when he headed out to search for Trayvon. And this would have been why Trayvon swung on GZ. However, I have another theory that I also believe is highly likely - since there is absolutely none of GZ's DNA on Trayvon's hands, I believe that it is entirely possible that Trayvon did nothing more that sit on top of GZ and try to hold him down and prevent him from using his gun...no hitting, no head bashing, etc. Any injuries that GZ acquired to his head were by his own doing (squirming, slipping and falling) and the "broken" nose was caused by the slide action of his own gun when he fired his gun given the close proximity between his head and Trayvon's body.

ETA: Plus, wasn't Trayvon right handed and wasn't the 1/8" scrape on Trayvon's finger on his left hand?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:10 am

KZ wrote:

I said the same thing when I first read the written report. After reading the report I felt that I know why they went second degree murder. He clearly profiled Martin as a criminal. That combined with the non emergency call, the always get away and George following the suspect. This to me all leads to criminal profiling and he is not LE.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:20 am

WeeBonnie wrote:Thanks everybody!
Can I ask - what is the additional evidence that Lester is looking at?
Are they going to do a better account of the cash and GZs assets since it appears they are still hiding some?
Or is he looking at crap Mom presented him with saying the case is weak? I didn't see anything new in MOMs presentation, so it couldn't be that right?
I get that MOM was trying to play the press big time- changing the narrative to be about poor George the victim. And it worked to a big extent because the press can only talk about what gets served forth.
I'm shocked the judge let him take over the bond hearing and make it a mini trial. So odd.
MOM is a piece of work.
I was disappointed that the judge allow MOM to do all the BS that was at the bond hearing. What went straight through me heart is when MOM stated something about what could Martin expect after beating someone head on the ground. I know they are going to make Martin the bad person, but it still really got me. I felt so sorry for his parents that was sitting in court and having to listen to this BS. When I heard the scream for help at the beginning of all this, my first impression was that way a young person not the man with the gun.
I could not watch the whole hearing my phone keep ring. Did Bernie make any objection to the court about what MOM was during with his little mimi trail?
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:26 am

Cher
From the 711 video he appears to be right handed.
Good catch!

I read somewhere BDLR said witnesses not witness when referring to the chase.

I'm wondering what evidence Lester is reviewing - are they submitting more info about the missing cash and Susie-Gracies accounts? Or is he just accepting half asses answers now?

Did MOM submit evidence only that it's a weaker case?
I guess it's best for the prosecution to fight back full force this early.

I read also that MOM will testify when the time is right.
I call BS, they will not allow him to be crossed.
Also- now the bond will be paid out of GZs account!!? I thought MOM said the opposite a few weeks ago.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:35 am

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0629/Zimmerman-s-attorney-Trayvon-Martin-killed-because-of-his-own-doing-video
Zimmerman’s attorney: Trayvon Martin killed 'because of his own doing'

The evidence, Mr. O’Mara said, was intended to suggest that the state’s case for second-degree murder is so weak that it should play a role in whether the judge should further “punish” Zimmerman by letting him stay in jail until the trial.

“The strength of the state’s case for second-degree murder is something you need to take apart,” O’Mara told Lester.
~~~~~

Mr. De la Rionda said he’ll be glad to challenge Zimmerman on the self-defense claim, because it requires Zimmerman has to take the stand to plead his case. “Our contention is that he’s the aggressor and the person who could claim self-defense is the victim, Trayvon Martin,” De la Rionda said.

“Mr. Zimmerman sat there and allowed [his wife to lie], manipulating the whole thing,” De la Rionda said. “They were lying to the court, and that is the most egregious part, and makes this an even more disturbing crime.”

“The point is he was attempting to trust the system, but then a prosecutor walks in from another county, moves in, charges him with second-degree murder, and now he’s facing a life sentence,” O’Mara said. At issue is “the lack of trust he may have had for a system that he only got involved in by being honest and straightforward. I don’t know what goes through a 28-year-old’s mind at that point. Yeah, he mistrusted you, he mistrusted the system, he allowed a lie to exist.”

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:36 am

Prosecutors release George Zimmerman voice samples

By Jeff Weiner and Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

3:03 p.m. EST, June 27, 2012

Special Prosecutor Angela Corey on Wednesday released two voice samples George Zimmerman gave to authorities.

In them, he can be heard moaning and shouting "Help!" repeatedly.

The samples were presumably meant for audio experts trying to determine whether the voice heard screaming for help in the background of a 911 call belonged to him or 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, the Miami Gardens teenager he killed Feb. 26.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-06-27/news/os-george-zimmerman-voice-sample-20120627_1_voice-special-prosecutor-angela-corey-audio-experts

Zimmerman Reenacts Yelling Through 911 System

Link to the audio:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogallery/70726402/News/Zimmerman-reenacts-yells-heard-in-911-call

Zimmerman scream audio samples released

Link to video:

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/zimmerman-scream-audio-samples-released/vcXqb/

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:40 am

---'Cher'

--you mentioned in a post upthread about kc being kept in jail for the duration of her case-----yes, it was b/c she couldn't make the initial $500,000.00 (july 2008) bond (until the fiasco called len padilla swooped in from california)---once she was indicted (in oct 2008) for 1st degree murder, she was then held on a No Bond status.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:41 am

WeeBonnie wrote:Cher
From the 711 video he appears to be right handed.
Good catch!

I read somewhere BDLR said witnesses not witness when referring to the chase.

I'm wondering what evidence Lester is reviewing - are they submitting more info about the missing cash and Susie-Gracies accounts? Or is he just accepting half asses answers now?

Did MOM submit evidence only that it's a weaker case?
I guess it's best for the prosecution to fight back full force this early.

I read also that MOM will testify when the time is right.
I call BS, they will not allow him to be crossed.
Also- now the bond will be paid out of GZs account!!? I thought MOM said the opposite a few weeks ago.
He has been saying that the bond could not be used from the money that they are collecting from people. I kept calling that BS He also said that people were giving donation of $100, however the guy on the stand said that the donation were of $20.00.
Even if the money is in trust, it is still Georges money, I know there was no way George would sit in jail while his attorney had this money in trust.
I would think even if they don't go for he had a right to shot him because of the gun laws, George is going to have to get on the stand even in self defense. I think George wants to get on the stand, I don't think that he will sit quiet while all this plays out. After all occurring to his attorney he gave 11 statements to try to prove his case.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:46 am

What is MOM trying to say that GZ got involved in this by being "honest" he got involved in this because he made a huge mistake judging a teen to be a burglar. And made he screwed up decision to go after the kid even though he didn't see him commit any crime. Does MOM want is to believe GZ was doing a good thing?
ellejay wrote:http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0629/Zimmerman-s-attorney-Trayvon-Martin-killed-because-of-his-own-doing-video
Zimmerman’s attorney: Trayvon Martin killed 'because of his own doing'

The evidence, Mr. O’Mara said, was intended to suggest that the state’s case for second-degree murder is so weak that it should play a role in whether the judge should further “punish” Zimmerman by letting him stay in jail until the trial.

“The strength of the state’s case for second-degree murder is something you need to take apart,” O’Mara told Lester.
~~~~~

Mr. De la Rionda said he’ll be glad to challenge Zimmerman on the self-defense claim, because it requires Zimmerman has to take the stand to plead his case. “Our contention is that he’s the aggressor and the person who could claim self-defense is the victim, Trayvon Martin,” De la Rionda said.

“Mr. Zimmerman sat there and allowed [his wife to lie], manipulating the whole thing,” De la Rionda said. “They were lying to the court, and that is the most egregious part, and makes this an even more disturbing crime.”

“The point is he was attempting to trust the system, but then a prosecutor walks in from another county, moves in, charges him with second-degree murder, and now he’s facing a life sentence,” O’Mara said. At issue is “the lack of trust he may have had for a system that he only got involved in by being honest and straightforward. I don’t know what goes through a 28-year-old’s mind at that point. Yeah, he mistrusted you, he mistrusted the system, he allowed a lie to exist.”

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:46 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Prosecutors release George Zimmerman voice samples

Special Prosecutor Angela Corey on Wednesday released two voice samples George Zimmerman gave to authorities.

The samples were presumably meant for audio experts trying to determine whether the voice heard screaming for help in the background of a 911 call belonged to him or 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, the Miami Gardens teenager he killed Feb. 26.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-06-27/news/os-george-zimmerman-voice-sample-20120627_1_voice-special-prosecutor-angela-corey-audio-experts

Link to the audio:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogallery/70726402/News/Zimmerman-reenacts-yells-heard-in-911-call
IMO, no way is the George yelling on that tape, I always said that was a younger person screaming for their life now I am sure in my mind that it was Martin.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:49 am

snowbird wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Prosecutors release George Zimmerman voice samples

Link to the audio:

IMO, no way is the George yelling on that tape, I always said that was a younger person screaming for their life now I am sure in my mind that it was Martin.

So do I.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:56 am

---(portions of..) bond hearing june 29/2012

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/playlist/1606/3585597?title=personal_finance

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next