Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5

+32
ustwin
Kwest
Freckles
Tamta
MollyK
justanopinion
Justice4all
ClaireUncensored
angela_nw
emberl
Stolat
summerthyme
Julie
tesstruhart
Calypso
Puzzler
Ann - Tx
Porky
CherokeeNative
Requiem
ecossie possie
Chickenbutt
ellejay
Alessandra_Deux
back2back19
KZ
WeeBonnie
Marica
snowbird
serenaz1
Gizmo711
alabama52
36 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5 - Page 11 Empty Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5

Post by Gizmo711 Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:24 am

alabama52 wrote:
Marica wrote:From your previous post ellejay, I am sure his Mommy
will rush in to back up everything he says, and of course
when asked to swear to the whole truth and nothing but
the truth she will be right there to indignantly announce..
"Well of course he will tell the truth.. he ALWAYS has"
And whatta ya bet ... he learned to lie from his parents?
Cindy.. get the hell outta the way, you are about to loose
your place under the spot light.. Poor Georgie A. never had
a chance.

Hey, whtta we know about Shellie's family. Where did she
come from anyway. No mentions of her previous life.
What is she, a blow up doll come to life or what?

I don't know but I hope her parents are trying to talk her into spilling her guts to the prosecutors in order to save herself. George is a loser. And, he and his lawyer have already indicated that they are willing to send her up the river. George is only worried about Shellie because she could blow this case wide open. What did George admit to her?

If Shellie ends up going against her hubby, she certainly could blow it for George. This would give George something to really worry about. This could only be the reason for his worry, Shelly is doing better than he is right now, she has some money and she is on the outside. I also guess that George doesn't want her blowing their expense money from their expense account. Obviously they cannot or will not talk about it thru the jail house phones.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5 - Page 11 Empty Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5

Post by Gizmo711 Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:36 am

Today is the day we find out.

I still think that George will NOT be given a bond. But if I'm wrong, then the bond will be very high.

A commentator on the news says that a high bond can be appealed because it has to be reasonable. I don't agree with that, I have seen many a bond given just so that the person cannot make it and have to stay in jail.

As of today it has cost the state over 106,000 for this case. That's 106,000 of tax payers money and Zimmerman had the nerve to hide his donations.....

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:31 am

I don't know if this has been brought up, but at the bond hearing O Mara stated that he could not call a witness to the fact George was not trying to hide money. He stated that he could not call the wife because she was charge by the state.

Why could he not call George sister? She was there when the accounts were set up and some of the money went into her account. So she knew what their intent was for moving the money. So if they were not trying to hide the money she would have been a good witness.
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:53 am

snowbird wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up, but at the bond hearing O Mara stated that he could not call a witness to the fact George was not trying to hide money. He stated that he could not call the wife because she was charge by the state.

Why could he not call George sister? She was there when the accounts were set up and some of the money went into her account. So she knew what their intent was for moving the money. So if they were not trying to hide the money she would have been a good witness.

Maybe it is just me... but I think you answered your own question... MOM can't call a witness that GZ wasn't trying to hide money because he was... if he called the sister then she could be charged as well as Shellie. Guess that blood is thicker than water... since he won't throw her under the bus the way he did Shellie. Laughing
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:03 am

I guess it just bothers me when attorney talk out of both sides of their mouths. I know that they have to defend their client but did he really think the judge was going to buy the whole can't call his wife because she been charged. I know that the judge has the transcript and knows his sister was there and could have been called. I would think that an attorney would know this would not fly with the judge, so did he do this for TV so the people would feel sorry for George and more money would come into the defense fund.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:05 am

alabama52 wrote:

I don't know but I hope her parents are trying to talk her into spilling her guts to the prosecutors in order to save herself. George is a loser. And, he and his lawyer have already indicated that they are willing to send her up the river. George is only worried about Shellie because she could blow this case wide open. What did George admit to her?

Alabama, I probably missed something - did MOM say something about Shellie? Clearly, GZ had no problem allowing his wife to lie under oath for him. How did he think they could get away with it?

Cherokee, that was a great question on the law blog. You inspired mason to write another post!

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:58 am

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/05/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html
Judge to rule on George Zimmerman bond Thursday

The judge overseeing the Trayvon Martin case in Florida will announce Thursday whether he will grant bond to George Zimmerman, a court official said.

Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. worked on the decision over the July 4th holiday and was finishing up his written decision Thursday morning, said Michelle Kennedy of Seminole County Court administration.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:31 am

Thank you for all the welcoming posts, everyone!

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:36 am

--the GZdefense fund has now made it easier for supporter$$ to donate "gifts" to george by way of a subscription.

http://gzdefensefund.com/donate/index.php/monthly-donations
Monthly Donation

As the George Zimmerman Legal Defense fund has been opened for a couple of months, we have discovered many donors are giving a fixed amount each month. One donor requested a subscription option to make his monthly contributions easier to manage, and so we have done so. The button below will allow those who desire to select a monthly donation amount in the form of a “Subscription.” We have set the subscription term for 6 months, and should the legal process take longer than 6 months, which is very likely, you can renew if you choose. Thank you for your support.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:50 am

--Mari Fagel.....Legal News Reporter, Host & Analyst..weighs in.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mari-fagel/george-zimmerman-trial_b_1640468.html
George Zimmerman's Second Bond Hearing a.k.a. the 'Mini Trial'
Posted: 07/05/2012

--snipped--

O'Mara even spoke to the judge on behalf of his client, saying that George Zimmerman lied out of fear, he was scared, he had been kicked out of his home, his school, his job and he distrusted law enforcement. O'Mara said his client should've spoken up when he knew his wife lied under oath, but that "I don't know what goes on in the mind of a 28-year-old." He made the case that George Zimmerman never intended to deceive the court. That statement, paired with the testimonies of the financial expert and the probation officer, would have been enough for O'Mara to try to make his case that George Zimmerman deserves to remain out on bond.

So why did he give the judge eight to 10 hours of evidence to consider? Why did he essentially play all his cards in round two of what's going to be a long battle? Just like at the first bond hearing, O'Mara was looking way beyond the courtroom, knowing the cameras were broadcasting every moment live, and thinking this was his shot to play out the case for the press, for the public, for potential jurors.

--more@link--
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:58 am

ellejay wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:---post snipped---

So, the good news is that, although I was wrong about it falling under the "best evidence" rule, GZ cannot rely upon his prior statements or reenactment. He will have to testify in order to claim self-defense and the prosecution can then play the video statements and video reenactment to show that he lied. WooooWhoooo

--good news??????????

--Cher, that's FANTASTIC news!!!!!

--thank you so much for following up on this ( i was so confused on the how/when/who etc of those stmts getting in..)

--george will have to testify, that's a priceless thought on it's own.

--"raise your right hand--do you solemnly swear to tell the truth...?"
--"i don't remember....i don't recall....ummmm..shellie..help!..mr. omara...somebody!"...

I am thrilled - this really puts MOM between a rock and a hard place. I don't see how he is going to counter all of the discrepancies that GZ has put out there - it's one thing to have a few discrepancies here or there - but there are so many and some are obvious lies that could not have ever happened. My next quest is the bullet trajectile. It is really bothering me that the bullet went "front to back" without any "angle". With everyone that is trying to figure this case out, I find it hard to believe that some forensic scientist hasn't commented on whether this is possible with GZ and Trayvon being in the positions that GZ claims they were in at the time he pulled the triger. Or at least, I can't believe one of our media giants hasn't retained their own forensic like they did for the voice analysis to figure this out. Then there is the fact that there was none of GZ's DNA on Trayvon's hands... I am starting to think that the only reason Cory didn't charge Murder1 is because she didn't want to put the case in the hands of the grand jury.

But in the meantime, I am doing the happy dance about GZ's inability to rely on the statements. Gosh would I love to sit down and have BDLR's ear for a few minutes. Everytime he opens his mouth in court, he lets out just a few priceless tidbits that give us more incite to this case.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:58 am

--robZ Jr also has a faulty memory.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/george-zimmerman-bond-hearing-set-friday/nPhcB/
After the hearing, WFTV’s Daralene Jones talked with Zimmerman's brother after he made a rare appearance in court.

“Are you worried about your brother?” Jones asked.

“I respect the system. Our whole family respects the system,” Zimmerman’s brother responded.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--does he forget what judgeL wrote in his Order when revoking bond in the 1st place?

"Most importantly though, is the fact that he has now demonsrated that he does not properly respect the law or the judicial process. Based upon these factors, this Court finds the revocation of bond is appropriate."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--and what kind of answer is that anyway? it hardly addressed whether or not he was "worried about his brother".
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:04 am

ellejay wrote:--the GZdefense fund has now made it easier for supporter$$ to donate "gifts" to george by way of a subscription.

http://gzdefensefund.com/donate/index.php/monthly-donations
Monthly Donation

As the George Zimmerman Legal Defense fund has been opened for a couple of months, we have discovered many donors are giving a fixed amount each month. One donor requested a subscription option to make his monthly contributions easier to manage, and so we have done so. The button below will allow those who desire to select a monthly donation amount in the form of a “Subscription.” We have set the subscription term for 6 months, and should the legal process take longer than 6 months, which is very likely, you can renew if you choose. Thank you for your support.

Sigh, well, obviously MOM was speaking out of the side of his mouth when he said that this case should be tried in court and not in the public. If anyone is playing the media and plubic, it is MOM. I find this so unethical from a attorney standpoint and wish the Bar Association would deal with it appropriately. Otherwise, all public defenders representing criminal defendants should have the opportunity to open an internet website seeking donations towards assisting in their client's defense.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:05 am

Do you think the judge will wait until 5pm to release the order?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:13 am

If M O M wants this dealt with in court of law as oposse court of public opinion.Why has he not attempted to obtain a gag order?
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:21 am

Cher wrote: "If anyone is playing the media and
plubic, it is MOM.I find this so unethical from a attorney standpoint
and wish the Bar Association would deal with it appropriately. "

And we already KNOW how the FL Bar deals with this sort of thing.
It listens, considers, shrugs its' shoulders, says nothing found to
substantiate the complaint, case closed. When the FL Bar allows men
like JB to practice law without any reprimand, it sure sin't going to yank
M.Omara up bay the short ones and give him a trim.
Marica
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:24 am

ecossie possie wrote:If M O M wants this dealt with in court of law as oposse court of public opinion.Why has he not attempted to obtain a gag order?

--the state wanted a gag order, placed on omara & team..

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/motion%20for%20gag%20order.pdf
--April 26/2012---state motion for gag order--

--judgeL's reply:

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/order%20on%20media%20requests.pdf
--Order on matters addressed @ April 27/2012 hearing--

"Issuance of a gag order, while within this Court's inherent authority, is a drastic step. The attorney's representing the State and the Defendant have exhibited, in this Court's eyes, the utmost in professionalism in their public stmts. At this time there is no demonstrated need to restrict their speech to the media".
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:28 am

$1 Million bail!!

Steve Helling @stevehelling
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
New bond for George Zimmerman - $1 million
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:30 am

Is that cash bond I wonder?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:32 am

So does that mean they have to part with 200 grand to bond out?
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:33 am

Chickenbutt wrote:Is that cash bond I wonder?

I don't think so, but not sure.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-05/news/os-george-zimmerman-bond-decision-20120705_1_bond-jail-george-zimmerman
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:34 am

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-05/news/os-george-zimmerman-bond-decision-20120705_1_bond-jail-george-zimmerman
Judge: George Zimmerman's new bond $1 million

A Sanford judge today ordered George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, released on $1 million bail.

It was not immediately clear how long it would take the 28-year-old Zimmerman to arrange his release.

Defense attorney Mark O’Mara said Friday that Zimmerman’s legal defense fund had a balance of $211,000, more than enough to cover the 10-percent non-refundable portion charged by most bonding companies.

Last edited by ellejay on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:34 am

So that's 100k that GZ has to part with. Welp, the donations will be flying in this morning to MOM's website.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:35 am

tweets via RC Multi-Media Twitter on Homepage:

stevehelling #GeorgeZimmerman has about $210K in his defense fund.
3 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

stevehelling New bond for George Zimmerman: $1 million.
6 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:37 am

ecossie possie wrote:So does that mean they have to part with 200 grand to bond out?

I think it will be 10%, then the bondsman can either require security for the balance or take the risk of backing it themselves. (if I understand it properly)
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:38 am

ecossie possie wrote:If M O M wants this dealt with in court of law as oposse court of public opinion.Why has he not attempted to obtain a gag order?

Because he doesn't really want a gag order. He wouldn't be able to play the media, basically attempt to drum up financial support for GZ and most important, he wouldn't get any attention. I think he loves the attention.

I think I dislike MOM more than Amendolla, Baez and Mason combined. He isn't as overtly smarmy as the others but MOM is just as dirty imo.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:40 am

Is this a que for L Padilla to enter stage ................
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:41 am

CherokeeNative wrote:So that's 100k that GZ has to part with. Welp, the donations will be flying in this morning to MOM's website.

--yep.

--one example from the gzlegal site...a $upporter says:

https://www.facebook.com/GeorgeZimmermanLegalCase

RB: "Well I'm happy he at least gets bond I was thinking he wasn't going to get bond at all. Time to donate people. I was waiting on this decision on whether to donate more."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:44 am

back2back19 wrote:

Because he doesn't really want a gag order. He wouldn't be able to play the media, basically attempt to drum up financial support for GZ and most important, he wouldn't get any attention. I think he loves the attention.

I think I dislike MOM more than Amendolla, Baez and Mason combined. He isn't as overtly smarmy as the others but MOM is just as dirty imo.

De La Rionda asked the judge to impose a gag order, O'Mara argued against it, and won. The judge said that he didn't see the necessity to issue a gag order at that particular time.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:45 am

justanopinion wrote:
snowbird wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up, but at the bond hearing O Mara stated that he could not call a witness to the fact George was not trying to hide money. He stated that he could not call the wife because she was charge by the state.

Maybe it is just me... but I think you answered your own question... MOM can't call a witness that GZ wasn't trying to hide money because he was... if he called the sister then she could be charged as well as Shellie. Guess that blood is thicker than water... since he won't throw her under the bus the way he did Shellie. Laughing

I could be wrong about the legal implications, but I don't think this has anything to do with blood thicker than water -- I think it's all to do with more of the same: GZ's self-serving nature. If GZ sis (is it Gracie? correct) *is* charged, then wouldn't it mean that by the same token she too would be prohibited from tesitifying on GZ's behalf at a later time, should he need her? So he could care less if she's charged -- but he *does* care if it means she can't help him. Maybe I'm incorrect on how that works.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:46 am

http://twitter.com/#!/biancamprieto

Bianca Prieto‏@BiancaMPrieto

DETAILS: #GeorgeZimmerman can't have a bank account, or open a new one, must wear GPS monitor & has 6 pm to 6 am curfew
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:47 am

ellejay wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:So that's 100k that GZ has to part with. Welp, the donations will be flying in this morning to MOM's website.

--yep.

RB: "Well I'm happy he at least gets bond I was thinking he wasn't going to get bond at all. Time to donate people. I was waiting on this decision on whether to donate more."

Thanks Ellejay - All I can say is these idiots can continue to donate all they want, but that will not change the evidence. I say let's get on with fast tracking this case to trial. When is the trial scheduling conference?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:49 am

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-05/news/os-george-zimmerman-bond-decision-20120705_1_bond-jail-george-zimmerman#

"In his nine page Order......"

--i'm anxious to see the Order! i also wonder what his decision was on the rest of the (140 plus ) jail calls, witness #9's 2nd stmt.....
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:51 am

One million dollar bond to Zimmerman. I guess the 100,000 will be easy to guve to a bondsman, but what is going to be put up to insure the bond?

(my stupid computer is acting up today it's taking me 10 minutes to sign in)

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:52 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:

De La Rionda asked the judge to impose a gag order, O'Mara argued against it, and won. The judge said that he didn't see the necessity to issue a gag order at that particular time.
Yeah, I thought the state asked for it but I wasn't sure. lol I just think O'Mara loves the spot light. He talks a lot and he uses it. I just dislike him.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:53 am

CherokeeNative wrote:

Thanks Ellejay - All I can say is these idiots can continue to donate all they want, but that will not change the evidence. I say let's get on with fast tracking this case to trial. When is the trial scheduling conference?

--next up is the docket sounding August 8/2012 @ 8:30 a.m.
http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDocket/case_detail.jsp?CaseNo=592012CF001083A

--of course there could be additional hearings before that, depends on motions filed between now & then..
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:53 am

ellejay wrote:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-05/news/os-george-zimmerman-bond-decision-20120705_1_bond-jail-george-zimmerman#

"In his nine page Order......"

--i'm anxious to see the Order! i also wonder what his decision was on the rest of the (140 plus ) jail calls, witness #9's 2nd stmt.....

Sounds like someone (GZ) got a severe tongue lashing. Very Happy

ETA: I hope the Judge stated in his order "the case is strong" or whatever he had last time....that would make my day.

Last edited by CherokeeNative on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:54 am

ellejay wrote:

--yep.

I hope they enjoy their money going to a bondsman and a lawyer. One MIllion is going to be very hard to secure (wonder what Zimmerman is going to do to get up assets of one million).

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 am

A million dollar bond doesn't make George look too good as far as him being not guilty. O'Mara must be beside himself, he better hope that more donations pour in.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 am

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/judge-decide-zimmermans-bond-fate-thursday/nPmYZ/
George Zimmerman's bail set at $1M in Trayvon Martin case

--snipped--

The conditions of Zimmerman's bond are: He cannot commit criminal activity, he cannot have contact with the victim's family directly or indirectly, he must wear an electronic monitor at his own expense, he cannot leave Seminole County without permission, he must check-in with pretrial every 48 hours, he cannot go to Sanford-Orlando International Airport, he cannot have a bank account, no alcohol, he will have a curfew from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m., and he cannot apply for a passport.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 am

Evidently the judge worries that GZ will flee, hence the million dollar bond. He can't leave Seminole county without prior permission of the court.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:57 am

I am still confused on how that works. I thought that all you had to do was post a 10% fee to get bond. Do you also have to produce assets equivelant to 1,000,000 in addition to the 10%?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:58 am

CherokeeNative wrote:

Sounds like someone (GZ) got a severe tongue lashing. Very Happy

ETA: I hope the Judge stated in his order "the case is strong" or whatever he had last time....that would make my day.

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
Judge Lester scoffs at the notion #GeorgeZimmerman was confused: "defendant has flaunted the system." #TrayvonMartin. 1mil bond.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:00 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:I am still confused on how that works. I thought that all you had to do was post a 10% fee to get bond. Do you also have to produce assets equivelant to 1,000,000 in addition to the 10%?

--yes you do.

--remember bond #1, they put up 5 grand from the now 'defense fund' ( still not sure if they coughed up the remaining $10,000 to magic bonds or not..) and then used robZ Sr's house as collateral for the rest.

---of course it may be at the bondman's discretion if he has to have the collateral valued @ the remaining $900,000.00

--which reminds me---omara had 2 bondsmen down as witnesses for bond hearing 2---why didn't he call them?

Last edited by ellejay on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:01 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:I am still confused on how that works. I thought that all you had to do was post a 10% fee to get bond. Do you also have to produce assets equivelant to 1,000,000 in addition to the 10%?

I believe the insurance company demands something be put up for the amount of the bond. I had to put up my home for 50,000. I had to show proof that my home was valued for that amount from my balance of my mortgage at the time.

No insurance company and no bondman is going to take that much of a risk on someone whom already lied about having money and hiding his passport from the court. JMO

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:02 pm

ellejay wrote:

--yes you do.

--remember bond #1, they put up 5 grand from the now 'defense fund' ( still not sure if they coughed up the remaining $10,000 to magic bonds or not..) and then used robZ Sr's house as collateral for the rest.

Thanks Ellejay - so where in the heck is GZ going to come up with 1,000,000 in assets? LOL They have what? 3k in furniture from Levitz or Jeromes? Even with Daddy Z's real estate, that doesn't make up 1 Mil. Maybe he will be sitting his butt in there longer than thought.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:05 pm

I personally don't think Zimmerman is going to get out anytime soon. Although their may be bondsmen standing in line to make that fee, it's not likely that they will get approval from the insurance company to cover one million dollars, unless something of that value is put up.

I doubt that RZ's house is valued at any amount even near that much.

I guess Zimmermans supporters will have to dig real deep in their pockets ...lol

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:06 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
ellejay wrote:

--yes you do.

Thanks Ellejay - so where in the heck is GZ going to come up with 1,000,000 in assets? LOL They have what? 3k in furniture from Levitz or Jeromes? Even with Daddy Z's real estate, that doesn't make up 1 Mil. Maybe he will be sitting his butt in there longer than thought.

--just edited my post to add:

---of course it may be at the bondman's discretion if he has to have the collateral valued @ the remaining $900,000.00

--which reminds me---omara had 2 bondsmen down as witnesses for bond hearing 2---why didn't he call them?
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:08 pm

--judgeL's Order...

http://www.wsvn.com/pdf/zimmerman_order_setting_bond.pdf
--order setting bail
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Gizmo11, they said on IS, GZ will probably get out in a few days.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next