Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5

+32
ustwin
Kwest
Freckles
Tamta
MollyK
justanopinion
Justice4all
ClaireUncensored
angela_nw
emberl
Stolat
summerthyme
Julie
tesstruhart
Calypso
Puzzler
Ann - Tx
Porky
CherokeeNative
Requiem
ecossie possie
Chickenbutt
ellejay
Alessandra_Deux
back2back19
KZ
WeeBonnie
Marica
snowbird
serenaz1
Gizmo711
alabama52
36 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5 - Page 21 Empty Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5

Post by Tamta Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:27 pm

Puzzler wrote:A cornerstone of this country's law is: innocent until proven guilty.

As far as I know, all of the 'evidence' has not even been released.

Also, as far as I know, it's against the law to threaten another person's life.

More and more I am seeing that most people, with opinions or not or on a 'side' or not, just want to know what really happened and that they want the system to work, to be allowed to work, and to bring about a conclusion free from social, political, or media manipulation .

Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5 - Page 21 Empty Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #5

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Justice4all wrote:Please be willing to agree to disagree without getting snarky. There are many factors that caused this case to be high profile and there's no need to attack people for pointing out what some of these factors were since the question was raised. It happens in the missing cases all the time too. The Anthony case got all the coverage in the world while Adji Desir and countless others barely received any coverage.

You are so right...The media picks and chooses what to highlight. CA was one of those cases as was the SP case. This case is just one in a million that takes place each and every day and nothing is ever done about it. That's what makes this case unique. Trayvon had parents that cared, he had parents that were not going to just have their sons death swept under the rug as if he hadn't existed at all. I applaud them for that. When one is going thru a loss it's hard enough but to think that your child was killed for absolutely no reason and the person who did it is going unpunished it would make any parent want justice and go to any lengths to get it.

It's insensitive to their grief to see that Zimmerman is getting his defense paid for by donors, people who believe that Zimmerman was justified, but justified for what? For killing an unarmed youth, someone who wasn't causing any trouble, just walking down the street minding his own business. It's enough to make any parent out here feel for Trayvon's parents.

If people want to donate money to Zimmerman that's their business, but for the defense attorney to constantly put in his bid for more and in such a dispicable manner is both insensitive and appauling the this crime that took place.

If Zimmerman erred in profiling Trayvon he should be man enough to stand up and say it, instead he has his attorney asking for money from those who think he was justified. To me, this means that he is by no means sorry for what he did and that killing Trayvon was like stepping on a bug in the street. Zimmerman acts like he is saying "what's the bug deal", "why am I being arrested for this"?, "he was only a punk azzhole". Well I hope Zimmerman has gotten the message by now, that actions such as this will not be tollorated in a cililized society and he will go on trial for what he did.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Tamta wrote:
Puzzler wrote:A cornerstone of this country's law is: innocent until proven guilty.

As far as I know, all of the 'evidence' has not even been released.

Also, as far as I know, it's against the law to threaten another person's life.

More and more I am seeing that most people, with opinions or not or on a 'side' or not, just want to know what really happened and that they want the system to work, to be allowed to work, and to bring about a conclusion free from social, political, or media manipulation .

I think we all know what happened that night. This is not a case like the CA case where everyone was kept wondering. This case has 911 tapes, it has a phone witness. It all goes to Zimmerman being the aggressor and confronting the victim. If he had just shot Trayvon in the leg or someplace that wasn't fatal this would all not be going on right now. But he shot to kill, to kill a teen with a bag of skittles and an ice tea, who posed no threat to anyone at all.

This is not a case where we don't know who had the gun and who didn't. We all know that the loaded gun was being carried by the persuer.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:44 pm

ecossie possie wrote:Gizmo thats the funny thing not funny ha ha but funny screwed up....The majority of the people supporting GZ an dissing the child victim...Would if GZ had shot an killed a white teen /youth /. Be Asking for his head on a plate calling him a spick halfbreed mongrell............

My point exactly. The way these people see it is that Zimmerman is the lesser of the two evils. They would not be in his corner at all had Trayvon been white. Some just can't get away from that manner of thinking.

I just pray that none who think like that get on the jury.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky Refugee Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Ty both for helping me understand this. I had tried to google it and could not understand.

I am now searching to see if there is any information regarding if Shellie was going for her RN license or LPN license. And how far along was she. It's now wasted time IMO....although it is up to the state's licensing board to determine if they will even let her get her license. Only way I can see they would allow her a license is if she redeemed herself by testifying against her "cutie"...now who the hay call's hubbie...cutie all the time..their phone calls creeped me out lol.
Hinky Refugee
Hinky Refugee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:52 pm

IIRC, Shelly was just weeks short of her graduation from RN school. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky Refugee Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:10 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/life-of-shellie-zimmerman-2012-6

Interesting info on this site about Shellie and her cutie. Evidently she was taking online courses to finish her degree and she had a cosmetology license also.
Hinky Refugee
Hinky Refugee

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:No matter what the case, someone will always find wrong in something when someone is trying to demand a right. Sharpton did just what he was supposed to do in regards to the Trayvon Martin case. Whatever ensued due to Trayvon being shot down in cold blood is to be expected in this society. People anger when an injustice is done.

The ONLY person that is responsible for anything that occured after this senseless shooting of a 17 year old was due to ZIMMERMAN. Why aren't people blaming him instead of blaming someone that just wants justice.

Zimmerman is the one that created this entire scenerio, yet some want to blame Trayvon, Trayvon's parents, a hoodie, Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, and whatever other lame excuse for a killer that there is.

Zimmerman did this, Zimmerman profiled a teenager just because he was black and wearing a hoodie. Zimmerman chased this teenager down and shot him dead. Anyone that can find justification in what took place needs to really look over the situation and pretend that Trayvon was white and see if you would come up with the same justification.

This is not a case where some like Zimmerman, it seems that the hatred for Trayvon is the only thing that counts to them. If Jeffrey Dalma had killed Trayvon, we would be hearing the same ludicrous comments about Trayvon and Sharpton and Jackson and Trayvons parents etc., etc.
Amen

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:30 pm

Hello all.

Jumping in on the discussion to announce that after a little behind the scenes discussion, we are going to try a new approach to organizing the discussions on the TM/ GZ case. With the current "generic" thread, after about 1000 posts, the thread is simply locked and a new one started. We'd like to try to break out some of the topics into their own threads, as well as maintain a general discussion thread. For example, on a hearing day, we will have a thread for the hearing, and after the discussion has waned, lock it, and start a new one for the next hearing. Same with document dumps.

This format may feel familiar to posters, as this is how RC managed their Caylee threads in the past. Other discussion sites use this approach, also (THM, Websleuths, etc.) There are a number of benefits to this approach for all members-- being able to participate in the topics or discussions one is most interested in, etc. From a moderating perspective, it's easier to keep discussions on topic. And if a thread goes way off the deep end, it's easy to lock ONLY that thread, and still allow other members to continue discussions on other threads.

Let's try it for a few days and see how it goes. I'm going to lock this thread now, and open GZ #6 for general discussion, but let's try out the new threads and see if the flow is improved and more productive. A suggestion-- if the discussion begins to tend toward an existing thread topic, anyone can suggest to your fellow posters to "let's meet in the XYZ thread for further discussion". That has worked well elsewhere.

And let's all celebrate the fact that our discussions here have progressed to a point that we can support a more complex forum approach! How cool is that?!
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Discussion continues on General Discussion Thread #6-- see you there!

-------

http://www.realitychatter.com/viewtopic.forum?t=4044
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21