Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #6

+23
CuriousPortlander
colsnipe
SandraNC
Bo
Alessandra_Deux
eva
Ann - Tx
Moosiesmama
WeeBonnie
Weeziethm
gsweater
hello clarice
jerseyjul1
carlakay
Mari 68
18thcenturylady
justanopinion
olivier57
Mylife101
tesstruhart
Freckles
Calypso
Bmore
27 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #6 - Page 11 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #6

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:01 am

OT... Rachael Ray is on and yesterday made the 3 dish that i've seen on her show and it's the 3rd one that wasn't good... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #6 - Page 11 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #6

Post by Freckles Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:06 am

When you get discouraged, please read post # 80:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201142&page=4
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:06 am

Good Morning E1, just having my coffee and catching up. A couple of things; I know that Matt is on defense list, but knowing what Nurmi knows, I wonder if he would even call him at this point. The potential for getting blown completely out of the water is very great with his testimony.
I didn't see the end of things yesterday but did see the gas can fiasco with Juan. I just loved it that he was peppering her with questions and she was trying to think ahead and then he would say 'would it surprise you to learn...' He knows exactly what he's doing.
Freckles, I was reading your description of Ms. JA and it tickled me when you said her Vajayjay was just for show because she was saving it for marriage. LOL There has been more traffic through there than the Holland Tunnel in New York.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:16 am

Has it come up previously when JA lost her virginity?

Do we know by whom she lost it to?

Did it ever come up she was sexually abused as a child?

Did it ever come up weither or not Travis was a virgin (vaginal, anal or oral- GOSH!! Nurmi has rubbed off on me!) when he met JA?

Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:17 am

Bmore wrote:oh oh oh Mr. Kotter... I feel like horshack... help me with the time frame but I just read this... the cut on her right finger from "work" was about a week before the murder correct? I'm curious can ANYONE at her work verifiy this happened since there isn't any documentation? the break-in at her gmas was a week before the murder too... could she have done this breaking the window?

Now that is a very interesting thought! Seems like a bad idea to take a photo of an injury recieved while commiting a crime that you don't want to be associated with. Then again, many of JA's ideas are not so stellar (sending 20 white iris, etc).
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:18 am

It was always said that TA was a virgin, friends and family were proud of it and tease him calling him the 30 yo virgin...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 am

mylife... she might be using that pic as an alibi... did it on the window but fake it at work the same day and say hey look what i did at work... she has a pattern of putting alot of effort in drawing attention away from her...

I do remember something about her saying i wasn't home for the break in, i was in SoCal (i love that cologne... lol) so I'm not sure of the timeline...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:25 am

I think that when this is all over and the jury finally gets to read all the stuff about Jodi, Travis, and the trial that they missed due to it not being allowed in etc., they are all in for a real shock and some very interesting reading! I think more than a few of them will feel miffed that they didn't have all the facts---I don't care what the reasons were.
Our system is flawed for sure.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:29 am

Bmore wrote:It was always said that TA was a virgin, friends and family were proud of it and tease him calling him the 30 yo virgin...

I heard that Travis was a technical virgin, but that he and the nebulous Deanna Reid (the one who gave the eulogy at his memorial) were once very much in love and "struggled" with temptation and these issues. I read that they even went to the bishop together about it, for some help.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:30 am

18thcenturylady wrote:I think that when this is all over and the jury finally gets to read all the stuff about Jodi, Travis, and the trial that they missed due to it not being allowed in etc., they are all in for a real shock and some very interesting reading! I think more than a few of them will feel miffed that they didn't have all the facts---I don't care what the reasons were.

Oh yeah!!!

The slashed tires- not once but TWICE!!!

Too prejudicial they said!!!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:31 am

Bmore wrote:mylife... she might be using that pic as an alibi... did it on the window but fake it at work the same day and say hey look what i did at work... she has a pattern of putting alot of effort in drawing attention away from her...

I do remember something about her saying i wasn't home for the break in, i was in SoCal (i love that cologne... lol) so I'm not sure of the timeline...

I hadn't thought of that. I wouldn't put it past her to fake the injury at work; however, I would think she would have made sure the faked injury was documented to provide the alibi (kind of like the upside down Utah plate to provide a documented "I was in Utah" when Travis was killed) alibi attempt. Wow...just think...if it hadn't been for the date stamped photos on the camera this trick might have worked because the ME would not have been able to provide an exact time/day of death and Enrique, the roommate, originally mistakenly thought he remembered seeing TA on the phone around 6pm on the murder day.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:32 am

but according to Mormon sex law you're not allow to arouse someone else or yourself... no passionate kissing, touching any no-no zones with or without clothes... basically you can give a grandma hug and kiss and hold hands... So giving those rules I'm sure there was some struggling
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:34 am

I hate saying it but for as smart and successful as Travis was, he was a real dummy with this girl, using the wrong head, and it cost him his life.

Damn shame he wasn't more knowledgeable.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:43 am

It seems how Mormon's like you to marry TA was a late bloomer. from what I understand they like you to marry and start a family early... So he was probably feeling pressure... You know if he was infact a virgin doing the right tricks she could have very easily made him think with the wrong head...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:45 am

also on Dr. D last night one of his jurors was born mormon... she said before she was baptized JA would have known everything about the relion especially the sex stuff since the baptism was to remove her prior sins they'd make sure she'd know she couldn't do those acts anymore...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:49 am

Calypso wrote:I hate saying it but for as smart and successful as Travis was, he was a real dummy with this girl, using the wrong head, and it cost him his life.

Damn shame he wasn't more knowledgeable.

Agree.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 am

Calypso wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:I think that when this is all over and the jury finally gets to read all the stuff about Jodi, Travis, and the trial that they missed due to it not being allowed in etc., they are all in for a real shock and some very interesting reading! I think more than a few of them will feel miffed that they didn't have all the facts---I don't care what the reasons were.

Oh yeah!!!

Yeah...They won't allow in anything that is prejudicial to the accused killer, but they allow all kinds of stuff in that is all made up and dummied to trash the VICTIM. Where is the justice in that. I sure don't see it.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 am

Bmore wrote:but according to Mormon sex law you're not allow to arouse someone else or yourself... no passionate kissing, touching any no-no zones with or without clothes... basically you can give a grandma hug and kiss and hold hands... So giving those rules I'm sure there was some struggling

I'm sure there was struggling. However, once he let his guard down and actually participated in regular sexual contact, and had a willing partner who was obviously willing to try ANYTHING- it was over, he was hooked.

JA made it safe to share the fantasies, but I think Jodi taping and photographing and video taping was so she could relive the moment (like taking a souvenir from a crime scene), additionally, she could manipulate him with those photos by scaring off the competition or by going to the Mormon church if need be.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:00 am

Calypso wrote:
Bmore wrote:but according to Mormon sex law you're not allow to arouse someone else or yourself... no passionate kissing, touching any no-no zones with or without clothes... basically you can give a grandma hug and kiss and hold hands... So giving those rules I'm sure there was some struggling

I'm sure there was struggling. However, once he let his guard down and actually participated in regular sexual contact, and had a willing partner who was obviously willing to try ANYTHING- it was over, he was hooked.

JA made it safe to share the fantasies, but I think Jodi taping and photographing and video taping was so she could relive the moment (like taking a souvenir from a crime scene), additionally, she could manipulate him with those photos by scaring off the competition or by going to the Mormon church if need be.

BTW, do YOU think the sleepy Travis on the sex tape KNEW Jodi was recording it?? I do NOT believe it personally...

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:09 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Oh yeah!!!

Yeah...They won't allow in anything that is prejudicial to the accused killer, but they allow all kinds of stuff in that is all made up and dummied to trash the VICTIM. Where is the justice in that. I sure don't see it.

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #6 - Page 11 Manmagnifyingglass

WE DONT SEE IT EITHER!

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
Calypso wrote:

BTW, do YOU think the sleepy Travis on the sex tape KNEW Jodi was recording it?? I do NOT believe it personally...

No way!

She would enter his home and just stand there and stare at him for 30-40 seconds?

Who does that......... Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #6 - Page 11 995649
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:12 am

18... no way did he know she was recording that
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:12 am

@ 18thcenturylady:

Read my post on the last page towards the bottom- it's kinda long but give me some feedback~
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 am

Calypso wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:

No way!

She would enter his home and just stand there and stare at him for 30-40 seconds?

Who does that......... Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #6 - Page 11 995649

That to me is just shockingly creepy and obsessive and is just one of those things the jury needs to know about and I guess never will.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:27 am

didn't JM bring it up to her that there is no mention of recording, are you still recording, don't forget to record at anytime during the message or in text/email?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:29 am

Do you any of you think "why are we even arguing about how many gas cans she had?"

does it matter really? I mean she got two of 'em - that's quite a bit of gas, 10 gallons. Why is she fighting this third gas can??? I don't get it. She told us she had them in case she got lost or couldn't find a gas station. Fine. If that's your reason then stick with it. WHY do you gotta lie about having two or three gas cans???

And her cut fingers??? Really??? You've already told us you stabbed him 29 times and slashed his throat clear back to his spine! Isn't it POSSIBLE you got a teeny tiny cut on your own hands while doing this???? I mean, my gawd - you said you were in a fog - your fingers were bleeding! Isn't it possible you cut the damn thing while murdering Travis???

Her lies are so stupid.

Yes, Jodi - if you are convicted it will be YOUR OWN FAULT!
Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:29 am

And . . . Baez weighs in! He thinks Arias is doing a great job . . .

Hhmmm, a great job of lying? What the heck! Only Baez would think so! After all, he defended a liar and an alleged murderer (she was found not guilty).

Even though Casey Anthony was found not guilty, it is my personal opinion, based on the doc dumps and evidence presented at her trial, she is guilty in the murder of Caylee Anthony. Just my personal opinion!
~~~~~

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2013/03/jose-baez-jodi-arias-doing-a-spectacular-job-as-witness.html
Orlando Sentinel - Orlando, FL -- 3/8/13

Jose Baez: Jodi Arias doing ‘a spectacular job’ as witness

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #6 - Page 11 PX00196_911-300x196
Jose Baez talked to the Sentinel in January.
Photo credit: Joshua C. Cruey/Orlando Sentinel
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:30 am

That jury is missing so much information.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:30 am

Bmore wrote:mylife... she might be using that pic as an alibi... did it on the window but fake it at work the same day and say hey look what i did at work... she has a pattern of putting alot of effort in drawing attention away from her...

IIRC, JA said she was notified at her 1/2 sister's place, the one who lives over by Redding.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:34 am

i think the 3rd gas can is important because she doesn't want it to be... what if there is someone on the jury that wants to figure out if 3 cans would be enough to keep her a ghost in AZ vs. 2... She is fighting tooth and nail that the 3rd can didn't exist, with it the truth is possible...

the finger cut is the same thing... she is fighting after admitting it was in fact cut that day in the ninja story to Det. F... can't have it both ways... it would also explain her left hand print on the wall mixed with his blood... and since early on they told her that was from stabbing TA she had to turn it around and say nooooo TA abused me and did it...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:35 am

ONLY ON CBS 5

Casey Anthony attorney discusses Jodi Arias trial

Posted: Mar 07, 2013 10:09 PM CST
Updated: Mar 08, 2013 6:47 AM CST

By Adam Longo
KPHO - Phoenix, AZ

ORLANDO, FL (CBS5) -
Criminal defense attorney Jose Baez, who famously won the acquittal of Florida mother Casey Anthony, is offering his analysis to CBS 5 News on the Jodi Arias murder trial currently under way in Maricopa County Superior Court.

Like Arias, Anthony also faced the death penalty after being accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Anthony never talked to the media during her case, at the urging of her attorney.

Read more and view video:

http://www.kpho.com/story/21551041/casey-anthony-attorney-discusses-jodi-arias-trial

~~~~~

Per Adam Longo, KPHO, there will be more of his interview with Jose Baez on KPHO's 5 pm News today (3/8/13). 5 p.m. MST

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:36 am

Mylife101 wrote:

I hadn't thought of that. I wouldn't put it past her to fake the injury at work; however, I would think she would have made sure the faked injury was documented to provide the alibi (kind of like the upside down Utah plate to provide a documented "I was in Utah" when Travis was killed) alibi attempt. Wow...just think...if it hadn't been for the date stamped photos on the camera this trick might have worked because the ME would not have been able to provide an exact time/day of death and Enrique, the roommate, originally mistakenly thought he remembered seeing TA on the phone around 6pm on the murder day.
Nope! They had her bloody handprint from the wall.
That hand print had her DNA from the hand cut mixed into the DNA of Travis.

They had her hair from the bathroom. The hair was ON TOP of the blood. Several locations, several strands.

And the rest falls into place... rental of car, etc..
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:43 am

Calypso wrote:@ 18thcenturylady:

Read my post on the last page towards the bottom- it's kinda long but give me some feedback~

Is this the post, Calypso??
JA's gotten involved with these guys who were involved with different things, alleged spiritual things......

The Mormon church and it's practices are a mystery to me. I know it is for numerous others as well who are not familiar with it.

As with many religions, they have their own writings, they expect certain behaviors, a depth of dedication and various other things, from their members.

The Mormon church has been has been featured prominently throughout this trial. From the victim's chosen faith, to his position within the Mormon family, to having his most private and personal, behind closed doors sexual activities and fantasies exposed by the consenting adult partner whom he believed he could trust.

By listening to JA use words like "deified", and numerous others I cannot recall at the moment, is the defense attempting to use subliminal messages on the jury, by having JA use these type words, to suggest REASONABLE DOUBT by portraying JA a vulnerable naïve young girl who was on a spiritual quest and her involvement with TA and the Mormon church~ with all it's mysteries, brainwashed and confused JA as would a cult?

If so... I know almost nothing about the Mormon faith. Only some things I remember from the Elizabeth Smart case--her family were devout Mormons and I vaguely remember news people commenting on it. I think the words like 'deified' are pure 'Jodi-isms' as far as the way she is using them, and not something her defense team came up with. Honestly, that girl is so full of herself. You can see from her vocabulary and her attitude that she thinks she is so much smarter than everyone else---especially Juan Martinez! Unfortunately, she is not educated enough, and sometimes uses sophisticated or "big words" but incorrectly! It is so obvious she doesn't know the real meaning of certain words, and it makes her look pretentious and stupid. I think others see this as well, and I am sure it causes much eye rolling and behind-the-hands-snickering.

If there is one thing that paradoxically, Jodi does NOT come across as in this trial (IN MY OPINION), it is as a naive young girl, or as a domestic violence victim! For all her subterfuge, lies, and efforts in that department and to that end, I think Jodi is coming across as someone who is aggressive both verbally and physically, and in fact someone who exhibits a worldliness and deviousness that is a contradiction of everything she is TRYING to force everyone to believe!
Every time she opens her mouth it seems to me that she shows us all how UNLIKELY it is that she was ever abused, much less would ever have tolerated it!

Nurmi simply does not impress me as a defense attorney. I think he is in WAY over his head. He keeps flubbing this case more and more with his tunnel vision sex fixation because people, that is all he knows! I don't think he has the smarts or sophistication to help his client in the subtle ways you suggest. I think that between Nurmi and Jodi, Jodi is the one who is the true master manipulator, and I believe she even thinks that she is much smarter than Nurmi is. I think there are probably many subtle and sneaky things she has done to try to make everyone see her as a victim in this case, but I see it now backfiring bigtime!

Sorry if this was too long~

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:47 am; edited 3 times in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:44 am

just read that the gas cans are important because she got them after talking to TA, therefore she wasn't about to make a drive that she never had before in the desert to Utah. She was going to TA's so didn't need them, she could of filled up there if needbe...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:48 am

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130307jodi-arias-grilled-by-jurors-over-lies-memory-lapses.html
AZCentral - Phoenix, AZ -- 3/7/13

Jodi Arias grilled by jurors over lies, memory lapses

Snipped:

PHOENIX — Jurors in Jodi Arias’ murder trial made it clear Thursday they aren’t satisfied with her stories about why she killed her lover, then methodically covered her tracks and couldn’t recall much of anything from the day.

Arias answered about 220 questions over the past two days under an uncommon Arizona law that allows juries to quiz defendants through written questions read aloud by the judge — and the bulk of the queries indicated that at least some jurors don’t believe her.

The questions largely focused on Arias’ contention that she has memory lapses during times of stress and cannot recall crucial details from the day of the killing, along with queries about why she never tried to help save the victim’s life and repeatedly lied about her involvement.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #6 - Page 11 Empty KNXV's dedicated page: Jodi Arias Murder Trial

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:52 am

http://www.abc15.com/generic/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/Jodi-Arias-trial-Live-video-
KNXV - Phoenix, AZ Current to date

Jodi Arias Murder Trial

Arias Trial Stories
~~~~~

Numerous stories to click on. Current to date!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:03 pm

Calypso wrote:JA's gotten involved with these guys who were involved with different things, alleged spiritual things......

The Mormon church and it's practices are a mystery to me. I know it is for numerous others as well who are not familiar with it.

As with many religions, they have their own writings, they expect certain behaviors, a depth of dedication and various other things, from their members.

The Mormon church has been has been featured prominently throughout this trial. From the victim's chosen faith, to his position within the Mormon family, to having his most private and personal, behind closed doors sexual activities and fantasies exposed by the consenting adult partner whom he believed he could trust.

By listening to JA use words like "deified", and numerous others I cannot recall at the moment, is the defense attempting to use subliminal messages on the jury, by having JA use these type words, to suggest REASONABLE DOUBT by portraying JA a vulnerable naïve young girl who was on a spiritual quest and her involvement with TA and the Mormon church~ with all it's mysteries, brainwashed and confused JA as would a cult?

Maybe I can help a bit.
My kids had lots of friends who were LDS, a preferred term as there are slightly different religious groups within the Mormon faith. I am still in contact with one of their friends. She is approaching late 20s and is still single.

Within the LDS faith, their are wards or divisions much like the Catholic church has its dioceses. Each Ward has its bishop who is in charge of the spiritual events. To become a bishop, he has to first be an elder, a term applied to a Mormon male in good standing and who has completed his missionary term. (The males --- and now females--- may go on a "mission" to spread their faith and to invite others to come to Christ through the Mormon faith. The bishop and other elders will choose where the missionary is to be sent; the parents are expected to contribute to the cost of the missionary work along with church contributions. The more the parents contribute, the possibility of a more "exotic" missionary assignment.) During this time, the male is expected to maintain the vows of chastity, not date or marry, etc.. He is performing work of the Lord.

There is a big difference between Joesph Smith and Brigham Young. It is well worth reading of the two. However, after Smith died, Young's views are what directed the church despite MANY dissensions among the followers.

IMO, Nurmi is not so much trying to paint Travis or the church as participating in a cult --- not since he is practicing in a Mormon stronghold!--- but more the church had FAILED to properly instruction new members as to its tenets AND to paint Travis as a loose cannon who did NOT uphold the values of the church. Keep in mind: There very well are members of the jury who ARE Mormon. Nurmi is ripping the CHARACTER of Travis, who was very well respected; in order to convince the jury JA was abused, he is showing Travis in an unfavorable light AND a "bad" Mormon.

One more thing:
I admire the Mormon church for the family structures. As a child, I had a neighbor who was Mormon. She attended Family Night once a week; she attended weekly classes to learn to sew, cook, hobbies; classes on child care she was expected to attend and exchange sitting services with other women; once a week, she and a partner were required to visit shut-ins taking them prepared meals, cleaning their homes, running errands. Isn't this what you would expect people within a community to do? If you need help, shouldn't you be able to turn to another and KNOW they will help you? And, you WILL help them?

Is this a cult? I don't think so. They don't believe in magic or mysticism or stars or anything like that. They DO believe Jesus is the Christ. They are of the "Lost Tribe" mentioned in the Bible.

Help or bore you?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Freckles wrote:
Calypso wrote:JA's gotten involved with these guys who were involved with different things, alleged spiritual things......

Maybe I can help a bit.
My kids had lots of friends who were LDS, a preferred term as there are slightly different religious groups within the Mormon faith. I am still in contact with one of their friends. She is approaching late 20s and is still single.

Within the LDS faith, their are wards or divisions much like the Catholic church has its dioceses. Each Ward has its bishop who is in charge of the spiritual events. To become a bishop, he has to first be an elder, a term applied to a Mormon male in good standing and who has completed his missionary term. (The males --- and now females--- may go on a "mission" to spread their faith and to invite others to come to Christ through the Mormon faith. The bishop and other elders will choose where the missionary is to be sent; the parents are expected to contribute to the cost of the missionary work along with church contributions. The more the parents contribute, the possibility of a more "exotic" missionary assignment.) During this time, the male is expected to maintain the vows of chastity, not date or marry, etc.. He is performing work of the Lord.

There is a big difference between Joesph Smith and Brigham Young. It is well worth reading of the two. However, after Smith died, Young's views are what directed the church despite MANY dissensions among the followers.

IMO, Nurmi is not so much trying to paint Travis or the church as participating in a cult --- not since he is practicing in a Mormon stronghold!--- but more the church had FAILED to properly instruction new members as to its tenets AND to paint Travis as a loose cannon who did NOT uphold the values of the church. Keep in mind: There very well are members of the jury who ARE Mormon. Nurmi is ripping the CHARACTER of Travis, who was very well respected; in order to convince the jury JA was abused, he is showing Travis in an unfavorable light AND a "bad" Mormon.

One more thing:
I admire the Mormon church for the family structures. As a child, I had a neighbor who was Mormon. She attended Family Night once a week; she attended weekly classes to learn to sew, cook, hobbies; classes on child care she was expected to attend and exchange sitting services with other women; once a week, she and a partner were required to visit shut-ins taking them prepared meals, cleaning their homes, running errands. Isn't this what you would expect people within a community to do? If you need help, shouldn't you be able to turn to another and KNOW they will help you? And, you WILL help them?

Is this a cult? I don't think so. They don't believe in magic or mysticism or stars or anything like that. They DO believe Jesus is the Christ. They are of the "Lost Tribe" mentioned in the Bible.

Help or bore you?
Very interesting to me, thank you.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Freckles wrote:

Maybe I can help a bit.

One more thing:

Help or bore you?

Excellent Freckles! Thanks!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:20 pm

thought this was interesting... she didn't fill out paperwork for the cut because they were just sooo busy and she was about to get off work... she just wanted a band-aid... But then she said that they were busy, she just wanted a band-aid because she had a bazillion margaritas to make... so which is it? making drinks or going home???
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Bmore wrote:thought this was interesting... she didn't fill out paperwork for the cut because they were just sooo busy and she was about to get off work... she just wanted a band-aid... But then she said that they were busy, she just wanted a band-aid because she had a bazillion margaritas to make... so which is it? making drinks or going home???

aaahhh....good catch!
Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Sure. No problem. Glad to offer up.
Very Happy
Please understand: I don't know any church I endorse completely. Each has its strengths and its weaknesses.
Some I am very skeptical of, however, as they seem created for no heavenly purpose or reason to advance humanity. The Church of Scientology! Now THAT is a CULT and a MEAN DEVIL ripping the souls, independence, and creativity of ALL its members!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Bmore wrote:thought this was interesting... she didn't fill out paperwork for the cut because they were just sooo busy and she was about to get off work... she just wanted a band-aid... But then she said that they were busy, she just wanted a band-aid because she had a bazillion margaritas to make... so which is it? making drinks or going home???

Gosh, Bmore....it's BOTH !!!

She was about to leave and go home, but a big crowd entered wanting marguaritas and being the wonderful, helpful employee, she stayed just a bit longer whipping out the drinks.

Cheers Laughing
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:00 pm

You know I should of caught that... I just told Freckles the other day that if it's either or then it's both... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:And . . . Baez weighs in! He thinks Arias is doing a great job . . .

Hhmmm, a great job of lying? What the heck! Only Baez would think so! After all, he defended a liar and an alleged murderer (she was found not guilty).

Even though Casey Anthony was found not guilty, it is my personal opinion, based on the doc dumps and evidence presented at her trial, she is guilty in the murder of Caylee Anthony. Just my personal opinion!
~~~~~

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2013/03/jose-baez-jodi-arias-doing-a-spectacular-job-as-witness.html
Orlando Sentinel - Orlando, FL -- 3/8/13

Jose Baez: Jodi Arias doing ‘a spectacular job’ as witness

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #6 - Page 11 PX00196_911-300x196
Jose Baez talked to the Sentinel in January.
Photo credit: Joshua C. Cruey/Orlando Sentinel

I am sorry but I had more than enough of this boob during the Anthony trial. I do not care in the least what his opinion is of the Arias trial and I wouldn't read this crapo no matter what!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:08 pm

Freckles wrote:Sure. No problem. Glad to offer up.
Very Happy
Please understand: I don't know any church I endorse completely. Each has its strengths and its weaknesses.
Some I am very skeptical of, however, as they seem created for no heavenly purpose or reason to advance humanity. The Church of Scientology! Now THAT is a CULT and a MEAN DEVIL ripping the souls, independence, and creativity of ALL its members!

Yeah, I'm with you!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Found this and want to share. You might want to read more at this site. This is from Travis' book. I think this is where Nurmi/Jodi were trying to go when Jodi mentioned something about a gun and Travis' dead father. Implication Travis had gotten a gun from his dad to throw the scent off Jodi stealing the gun from her grandmother:

Clipped-
May 5, 2008

" I remember my mother emptying a revolver on the car my father was driving and my father subsequently taking an axe to my mother’s belongings and destroying them. I remember being on the other side of the front door when my father kicked it down. The police were called that time along with many others, but I knew what had to be said and knew they would leave us to more of the same. I remember the day I came to the conclusion there was a God. I was 6. I screamed as loud as I could all day long for my near by grand mother to get me and take me for the weekend. I screamed so long and loud that I actually woke up my comatose mother long enough to beat me for waking her up. When she went back to bed I went back to screaming to God. Sure enough that evening she came and picked me up, while my mother slept. I could go on and tell you more of mine and worse stories of my siblings but I think enough has been said. I will say that this is nothing, nothing at all compared to the whole of it. "

http://travisalexander.blogspot.ca/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=6

BTW, most of his writing is VERY upbeat!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:32 pm

when did Nurmi slip in the courtroom connecting MM with the fake ped letters?

I am in agreement wt Bmore that the less said about that topic the better but I wasn't expecting Matt's testimony to pertain to em anyway. From my understanding HE was the one the magazine codes were intended for,as he had messed up HER version in a preliminary hearing of some sort when being question by the prosecution. It was also my understanding that he is already listed as a witness for the defense and IF he spins a tail during direct wt Nurmi then Juan gave me the impression yesterday he will turn round come the cross and nail his ass with the comments he has made online about lying for her with actual physical proof such as he did yesterday therefor having anything he has said prior be thrown plum out.

When Juan went to talking about the accusation of pedophilia yesterday,his question was regarding WHEN she finally told someone about this..she answered about it being some sort of mental health expert,I believe. and he said something along the lines of..and you think she is going to come in here and support you by testifying that actually occurred. So I was thinking it may not be Matt droppin any bombshell about the origination of this aweful accusation but rather one of the experts..wish I could review that part again,just to ensure myself I really heard all that right.Guess I am off to youtube for awhile.
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Wonder if Jodi does have herpes. You know, in all that sex talk in court I never heard a word about condoms. Maybe I missed that. Did anyone? If they didn't use them, even though the vaginal sex was rare, she still could have given HIM herpes if she has it. Also, OMG, can you imagine if trapping him by pregnancy was ever on her agenda before the whole Cancun thing and she realized no chance with him any longer, and the murder plan was hatched?

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:48 pm

carlakay wrote: when did Nurmi slip in the courtroom connecting MM with the fake ped letters?

I am in agreement wt Bmore that the less said about that topic the better but I wasn't expecting Matt's testimony to pertain to em anyway. From my understanding HE was the one the magazine codes were intended for,as he had messed up HER version in a preliminary hearing of some sort when being question by the prosecution. It was also my understanding that he is already listed as a witness for the defense and IF he spins a tail during direct wt Nurmi then Juan gave me the impression yesterday he will turn round come the cross and nail his ass with the comments he has made online about lying for her with actual physical proof such as he did yesterday therefor having anything he has said prior be thrown plum out.

When Juan went to talking about the accusation of pedophilia yesterday,his question was regarding WHEN she finally told someone about this..she answered about it being some sort of mental health expert,I believe. and he said something along the lines of..and you think she is going to come in here and support you by testifying that actually occurred. So I was thinking it may not be Matt droppin any bombshell about the origination of this aweful accusation but rather one of the experts..wish I could review that part again,just to ensure myself I really heard all that right.Guess I am off to youtube for awhile.

I think you are right Carla.
I am sure we'll see Matt at some point, but if he IS still a defense witness, I would think Juan has the means to blow his testimony out of the water. I expect that it will be about the magazine codes, etc., and NOT in regard to forged letters.
Juan still has round 2 with Jodi coming up Wed., and I can't wait! He is so awesome!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next