Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14

+29
yellow bike
gsweater
Freckles
Bmore
Mari 68
Bo
justanopinion
carlakay
Pianist
Mrskinger
18thcenturylady
olivier57
ShellJett
Junebug
auburn99girl
jerseyjul1
keikikiki
Mylife101
Calypso
neens
Moosiesmama
auman58
FireandBlood
CuriousPortlander
Trueblue
hello clarice
Mercysake
lostyou
Claire C.
33 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 - Page 18 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:05 pm

This helps to understand why JA feels the need to emulate her atty. Wilmot should discourage the twins/look-alike clothing. Not healthy for either of them, IMO.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 - Page 18 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14

Post by justanopinion Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:05 pm

really basic handwriting information...

http://www.businessballs.com/graphologytest.pdf
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Freckles wrote:JA still does not acknowledge the court. She does not look at the judge or around behind her. She is focused on rapidly writing/drawing.

I'm telling you, this woman is so creepy!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:06 pm

tesstruhart wrote:I was thinking about JA coloring marathon today too. I was wondering since the defense knew what was coming, maybe this is a defense within a defense. You know, poor personality disordered person isn't living in the here and now, just feels abandoned and alone living in her own world.

I totally agree. Strategy. ETA in addition to her BPD, that is! lol

Last edited by Weeziethm on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Freckles...she looks like a spoiled brat over there....she's about ready to cross her arms and stick her lower lip out and squint her eyes at this witness and she's gonna say " I AM NOT!!!" LOL

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:10 pm

I love that he is the same with all the witness... no favouritism... he was abrupt with this witness... and we like her!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:12 pm

what's happening then ?

olivier57

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Oh crap, he was talking about her intense anger before the sidebar, and then comes back and it's dropped! I really feel cheated, and feeling a little anger of my own right now! He has every right to 'go there' !!!

Can you say R E B U T T A L?!!!!!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:13 pm

HEY JODI???....nah nah nah nah boo boo...."She's smarter than YOU YOU"...LOL

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Freckles wrote:Need 5 of the 9 for borderline personality disorder:
Found all but numbers 4 and 9.

1. michaelbkiefer DeMarte says that Arias suffers from fear of abandonment, a symptom of borderline personality disoreder.
Fear of abandonment. Overstep boundaries. Being intrusive.

2. elizabetherwin 2nd symptom-unstable and intense interpersonal relationships. I'd think we can all agree #JodiArias had that.
Clarification on this:

Unable to maintain relationships. Puts people on pedestals and/or despises the person.

3. elizabetherwin 3rd characteristic is identity disturbance
Shifting personality to fit the people she is around

4. elizabetherwin Next characteristic is impulsivity
Did not find this in JA.

5. elizabetherwin Next symptom is suicidal behavior-#JodiArias testified that she wanted to kill herself. Meets critera

6. elizabetherwin Next is affective instability-DeMarte says it's like a roller coaster of emotions.
Fast shifting of emotions. JA meets this. Her bfs reported this. Tester noted it in journals. Parents had noted this when she was a child.

7. elizabetherwin Next symptom is feelings of emptiness. Jurors seem to be writing down each symptom.

8. elizabetherwin Next is inappropriate, intense anger.
DeMarte says #JodiArias talked about this in an email to Alexander.
--Dec 18th email discusses intense and inappropriate anger.

---JA fails to acknowledge the proceedings around her. She is busy with writing/drawing and does not look up. No glasses on. Has not looked at witness the entire time she has been on the stand.

9. elizabetherwin Last symptom is transient stress related paranoid ideation. That means times of xtreme stress, high levels of paranoia...not Arias.
NOT FOUND. In times of high stress, paranoid

She disagrees with the PTSD Dr. Ducky testified to.

Bringing this forward.

Just- Are people born this way or is this environmental? Abused as a child?
Can you help shed light on this?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:17 pm

JA looking up now as her email is being read.
Feb 14, 2007, 4:58 AM
-- This is sposed to be the day she sposedly received the undies from Travis.
--She has a gift and has negative reaction...

elizabetherwin #Arias wrote she's kicked holes in walls, kicked down doors, smashed windows and broken things. about 1 minute ago · reply · retweet · favorite
elizabetherwin profile

elizabetherwin Yup, it's the email. #JodiArias writes "my anger is very destructive."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:19 pm

pffftt...NOW she needs her glasses???!!!!

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 pm

The witness reminds me of a dark-headed Heather Locklear.....

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Bo wrote:The witness reminds me of a dark-headed Heather Locklear.....

I see the resemblance too

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:25 pm

elizabetherwin DeMarte chuckles when saying PTSD diagnosis cannot be based on a made up event (the intruder story). #JodiArias 46 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite

elizabetherwin When the judge tells jurors they need to recall X person's testimony...there has been so much, I would think that's tough.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:26 pm

Wilmot looks very unhappy

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:29 pm

18thcenturylady....She probably has a hint of jealousy too...LOL

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:30 pm

How much you bet JW references her YEARS of experience...indicating she's a little YOUNG to know about all this....AGe-ist....LOL

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:31 pm

I think Nurmi likes the view....he's very attentive....LOL

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:34 pm

JW and KN are understanding that their fake convinced only themselves.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Nurmi- I notice he often turns his back on JA as if to discourage interacting with her.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:36 pm

By now Jodi should be about done with that little golf pencil....LOL

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Sooooo....she's remembering less....hmmmm...lol

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Wow. JA is far from PTSD. She surrounded herself with TA's friends, went to the memorial, writes in her journal about him, and just totally immerses herself in everything TA.

When trauma happens, most people recall the events.
JA only is reporting absence of memory.
According to the witness, JA's reporting of the memory loss is not typical of PTSD. JA said she had a several hur gap which is not typical for this; usually only with severe head injury will there be a memory loss of hours. (Head injury such as blood from the head.)

By talking about it, the memory will return; JA does not fit that pattern.

Witness saw Arias AFTER Dr. Ducky.
Ducky had said JA had reported disposing of knife and clothing;
Witness said JA reported placing knife in dishwasher and forgetting even more of the events rather than remembering more.

JA told her the witness based upon a slight bit of blood on the hands, JA KNEW she had killed TA rather than thinking she had just cut herself...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:45 pm

I see such clarity with this witness........

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:46 pm

elizabetherwin DeMarte seems pretty skeptical about #JodiArias "memory problems" after the crime. 38 seconds ago ·

elizabetherwin DeMarte says she met with #JodiArias after Samuels and she should have had more memories by then, not less. 2 minutes ago ·

michaelbkiefer Arias told DeMarte she remembered grabbing the knife and maybe putting it in dishwasher. We heard the latter in court. 2 minutes ago ·

michaelbkiefer DeMarte says that the amnesiacs also tend to regain memory as time goes on. 3 minutes ago ·

michaelbkiefer Arias reported an hours-long memory loss, but DeMarte says it's usually short gaps, unless there are head injuries or substance abuse.

---JA's going to Ryan and getting intimate was JA devaluing her relationship with TA... borderline personality
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:49 pm

for once, defence cross will be interesting.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:51 pm

ok once again I am sitting here asking myself..so what? abused woman or borderline personality disorder..either one aint no excuse to butcher somebody
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:53 pm

Wilmot looks dismayed. She is eying the jury.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:56 pm

If I were a juror, I would be very happy to see my thoughts scientifically, medically explained.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Freckles wrote:
Freckles wrote:Need 5 of the 9 for borderline personality disorder:
Found all but numbers 4 and 9.

1. michaelbkiefer DeMarte says that Arias suffers from fear of abandonment, a symptom of borderline personality disoreder.
Fear of abandonment. Overstep boundaries. Being intrusive.

2. elizabetherwin 2nd symptom-unstable and intense interpersonal relationships. I'd think we can all agree #JodiArias had that.
Clarification on this:

Unable to maintain relationships. Puts people on pedestals and/or despises the person.

3. elizabetherwin 3rd characteristic is identity disturbance
Shifting personality to fit the people she is around

4. elizabetherwin Next characteristic is impulsivity
Did not find this in JA.

5. elizabetherwin Next symptom is suicidal behavior-#JodiArias testified that she wanted to kill herself. Meets critera

6. elizabetherwin Next is affective instability-DeMarte says it's like a roller coaster of emotions.
Fast shifting of emotions. JA meets this. Her bfs reported this. Tester noted it in journals. Parents had noted this when she was a child.

7. elizabetherwin Next symptom is feelings of emptiness. Jurors seem to be writing down each symptom.

8. elizabetherwin Next is inappropriate, intense anger.
DeMarte says #JodiArias talked about this in an email to Alexander.
--Dec 18th email discusses intense and inappropriate anger.

---JA fails to acknowledge the proceedings around her. She is busy with writing/drawing and does not look up. No glasses on. Has not looked at witness the entire time she has been on the stand.

9. elizabetherwin Last symptom is transient stress related paranoid ideation. That means times of xtreme stress, high levels of paranoia...not Arias.
NOT FOUND. In times of high stress, paranoid

She disagrees with the PTSD Dr. Ducky testified to.

Bringing this forward.

Just- Are people born this way or is this environmental? Abused as a child?
Can you help shed light on this?

It most likely has something to do with both... It has to do with development of the Cerebral cortex... most often individuals with BPD may have difficulty reading the social cues from facial expressions etc... there is some evident brain abnormalities for example prefrontal cortex activity lessened when examined via electrode assessment, smaller hyppocampus (shared response with ptsd), decreased amygdala size (shared with other things like OCD) among other things... but there is the social component as well higher incidents occurring in families where there is abuse.
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Freckles....cause they "Get" this witness....imo....I like how she gives examples of what she's talking about....no frontal lobe use "like a dog"

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Interesting how this woman has testified and no once did she mention, orgasm, anal sex or brazilian...wow I believe we have a professional person here finally.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Even the Court Steno guy likes her.....LOL

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:03 pm

tesstruhart wrote:Interesting how this woman has testified and no once did she mention, orgasm, anal sex or brazilian...wow I believe we have a professional person here finally.

What!! I thought we were participating in a Circus... where did the clowns go??? Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 - Page 18 3919250764 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 - Page 18 3919250764 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 - Page 18 3919250764 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 - Page 18 3919250764 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 - Page 18 3919250764 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 - Page 18 3919250764 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 - Page 18 3919250764 oh wait... I found some...

yes loving this witness... she has made statements that show that she is not taking sides has corrected the prosecutor respectfully... Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 - Page 18 451488
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:03 pm

tesstruhart....Breath of Fresh Air......(insert large exhale here)....LOL

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Just-
Borderline Personality... Do these individuals often have higher IQs or is that not notable with the illness?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:04 pm

olivier57 wrote:If I were a juror, I would be very happy to see my thoughts scientifically, medically explained.

Yes I imagine they are but also wondering if, like myself, they have just had enough of hearing about JODI and what may or may not be wrong with her when it really dont matter at all. She had countless experts test her and she aint been found insane..she was deemed fit to stand trial on premeditation of murder charges and fact is that is something that seems to of been lost in all these mental diagnosing hypothesis. I understand it is JM's job to discredit the witnesses the defense team intraduced,and believe he has done that,but I am thinking of those jurors who very well could find themselves in a financial mess due to the fact they havent been able to go to work for listening to countless days of this kind of testimony.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 pm

carlakay wrote:ok once again I am sitting here asking myself..so what? abused woman or borderline personality disorder..either one aint no excuse to butcher somebody
Correct. AZ law doesn't give much sway to mental illness. It relies heavily upon the ability to know the difference between right and wrong. JA's lies tell us she knows the difference. Her premeditation WITH the coverup points that out as well.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 pm

tesstruhart wrote:Interesting how this woman has testified and no once did she mention, orgasm, anal sex or brazilian...wow I believe we have a professional person here finally.

well I am sure as soon as cross starts we will Cell
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Freckles wrote:Just-
Borderline Personality... Do these individuals often have higher IQs or is that not notable with the illness?

It does seem to fit together (from my experience) but it is not a noted feature... at least not part of the DSM4-TR ... and the DSMV is certainly changing not only the name but some other criterion as well... but I no longer practice so have not given that a good once over ...lol
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Thanks for the share and allowing me to pick your brain, Just. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 - Page 18 836886

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 - Page 18 803492
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Judge is back. She actually gave a real smile! She is looking better.... then she looks at JA, tightens her mouth and begins to do that little bouncy nod. Shocked
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:21 pm

and OF COURSE the second we start getting valid information pertaining to the matter at hand friggin whiny butt asks may we approach! UGH!!
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Ha ha check out the eyeglasses down on witch's nose! (Sorry this was from earlier and it didn't 'post')

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:22 pm

may we approach....NO!!!

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:23 pm

elizabetherwin DeMarte says #JodiArias actions on the day of the killing show "organization and planning." Objection by (JW)

---JA is sinking faster than the Titanic. JMO
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:24 pm

Just, in your opinion, today's non-engaging display by JA is an intentional demonstration of what? Is she just being rude, or is she now going to have total amnesia about what these proceedings are about. Her life depends on how she is perceived at this point. I think pre-med is going to be proven beyond reasonable doubt, but any soft spot for her is rapidly disappearing I would think. These jurors have had enough and she is not trying to seem likeable at all.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:26 pm

Gosh...creepy stares from JA....ugghhh

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:27 pm

JA eying the jury. JA almost has a pleading look in her eyes.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next