Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #16

+28
Mylife101
carlakay
nemo1970
Weeziethm
keikikiki
sassy5d
auman58
renatae
gsweater
Gizmo711
Moosiesmama
Alessandra_Deux
justanopinion
Pianist
Mari 68
LoriKaye
Bo
sitemama
hello clarice
olivier57
Junebug
Mercysake
lostyou
FireandBlood
stina
StevenDWerner
jerseyjul1
Mrskinger
32 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #16 - Page 20 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #16

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 am

I think we start at 9 AM today (noon Eastern)????

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #16 - Page 20 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #16

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:54 am

18thcenturylady wrote:I think we start at 9 AM today (noon Eastern)????

thats what I heard too but highly doubtin it..lol
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:01 pm

@ freckles

I agree that I don't NEED to know all the answers. JM has more than proven his case. I suppose it's just "morbid curiosity" as to the inner workings and doings of demon arias.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:02 pm

So were suppose to start at 12:30 east coast correct?
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:03 pm

Forget it...Just now heard court is at 12:30 Eastern time. They are also saying that there is only ONE more witness for the rebuttal---Dr. Horn.
I guess we can forget getting a lot of those issues answered that we wanted. I for one am disappointed a bit with the rebuttal.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 pm

HLN---Horn is up next. Only rebuttal witness left according to them. Huh? What the heck happened to the friend of Travis' who was going to testify that Travis did not own a gun?

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:07 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:Forget it...Just now heard court is at 12:30 Eastern time. They are also saying that there is only ONE more witness for the rebuttal---Dr. Horn.
I guess we can forget getting a lot of those issues answered that we wanted. I for one am disappointed a bit with the rebuttal.
I am hoping that during closing Juan can tie it all together very tight. I believe he was limited by the defense shenanigans and the judge being extremely lenient with the defense motions. He has enough material to lay out a very compelling case.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:10 pm

HLN---Jodi now changing story again, saying Travis obsessed with movie 'Psycho' and wanted to reenact it in shower. Says she was pregnant by Travis and lost baby.
This is all ridiculous crap in my opinion, but again, she will stop at nothing in an effort to paint Travis as a sick psycho! I just can't stand it! I also can't stand her doing this to his family! She needs to go to a maximum security pokey where she is muzzled, and the world does not have to be subjected to her any more!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Read somewhere that prosecutors are only allowed to show evidence through witnesses testimony but that explaining the meaning of the evidence would be "testifying"....therefore that is why evidence items are slapped down (!) and kinda left hanging sometimes; but Juan will be able to explain away and connect all the dots during closing.

That's what I read but I'm not an attorney nor do I play on on TV...FWIW !
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:12 pm

tesstruhart wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:Forget it...Just now heard court is at 12:30 Eastern time. They are also saying that there is only ONE more witness for the rebuttal---Dr. Horn.
I am hoping that during closing Juan can tie it all together very tight. I believe he was limited by the defense shenanigans and the judge being extremely lenient with the defense motions. He has enough material to lay out a very compelling case.

Agree! Juan's got this one. He is a highly competent prosecutor. I trust that he knows what he's doing and knows how to bring the guilty M1 verdict home!
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
gsweater wrote:Random thoughts:

1. I watched today on YouTube on my phone. On my S4, which has great resolution, it looked almost like Nurmi was wearing a T-shirt with a tie. Perhaps some type of clip on collar. Getting lazy Heavy D.

2. His cross of Flores was ridiculous. Here's what I took from Nurmi's line of questioning today:

Heavy D: "Ehhhhhh.... Errrrrrrr... Unnnngghh.... yer honor, would you mind having one of the victim, er, uh, perpetrator's family members roll me toward the mic so I can say "'jection" please?"

Sammy: Sustained

Screech: May we approach?

Heavy D: Detective, I want to focus on the areas that, well... let's say aren't relevant at all to the case in regards to the closet.

Florez: ok

Heavy D: Did you measure the width of the toilet bowl, determine it's holding capacity in regards to fecal matter, measure the number of seconds it took you to do the alphabet backwards, eat a Cheesecake Danish, the divide capacity, by seconds, multiplied by the cheesecake co-factor and then come to court and get paid $300 dollars an hour for reclining when not saying "eeeeeeaaaaannnd" or burping openly during questioning, feeling like you could just whip your balls out while you ask questions a rapist would typically ask?

Florez: No.

Heavy D: Well, Deeetective Rockford, would it surprise you if I told you that's exactly what I did today?

Florez: No

Heavy D: Have you ever been to a restaurant called "Hardy's"?

Florez: Yes.

Heavy D: Do you think it would be a good idea if they served KFC gravy at Hardy's in their soda fountains?

Florez: No.

Heavy D: No more questions, your honor.

OMG!!! I am literally Laughing Out Loud!!! Very Happy Best Posting Of The Very Happy

Gsweater!!! HILariOUS!!! Cool Laughing so hard all I can do is second what everyone else has said! THANK YOU!
keikikiki
keikikiki

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:14 pm

That's something like what I mentioned awhile ago Weezie... There is all this evidence that we know about but who would JM get up there to testify and explain it... Guess we just have to hope and sounds like at least some have seen the bigger picture and give her M1 DP...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:14 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:HLN---Jodi now changing story again, saying Travis obsessed with movie 'Psycho' and wanted to reenact it in shower. Says she was pregnant by Travis and lost baby.
This is all ridiculous crap in my opinion, but again, she will stop at nothing in an effort to paint Travis as a sick psycho! I just can't stand it! I also can't stand her doing this to his family! She needs to go to a maximum security pokey where she is muzzled, and the world does not have to be subjected to her any more!
roflao roflao roflao What happened to, "I am saving myself for marriage...." and the rest of the bs?
As I said earlier, IF she had been impregnated by Travis, SHE would have been running to the bishop, all his friends and DEMANDING he marry her! And that would have been that! Never did that so it never happened.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:15 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:HLN---Jodi now changing story again, saying Travis obsessed with movie 'Psycho' and wanted to reenact it in shower. Says she was pregnant by Travis and lost baby.

How do you know for sure that Jodi is actually saying these things. Could it be the gutter dwelling "15 minutes of famers" trying to trump each other for attention? I'm not saying that it's not true...just wondering how good the source is.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
tesstruhart wrote:

Agree! Juan's got this one. He is a highly competent prosecutor. I trust that he knows what he's doing and knows how to bring the guilty M1 verdict home!

Well, he can't say in his closing "Travis friend Dave said he never had a gun"!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Attorney Wendy Murphy explained it best. We are SUPPOSED to be the greatest country in the world, and yet our legal process is based on an ADVERSARIAL SYSTEM, where most other countries' is based on an INQUIRY SYSTEM.
The adversarial system is all about winning or losing while the inquiry system is about a SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH.
SHAME ON US.[/quote]

18th: Just lost a high-five response I was trying to make on another one of your great posts, whoops...then came across this- wow! Great nugget!
keikikiki
keikikiki

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:17 pm

The "source" is the National Enquirer's "source".. lol
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:18 pm

The National Enquirer guy said their source which has actually given them info that's panned out before said JA said these things but even he admitted that there is no proof anywhere and could just be a bunch more bunk from as he calls her "the poison cookie"... lol Dr. Drew was like can i use that? lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Read somewhere that prosecutors are only allowed to show evidence through witnesses testimony but that explaining the meaning of the evidence would be "testifying"....therefore that is why evidence items are slapped down (!) and kinda left hanging sometimes; but Juan will be able to explain away and connect all the dots during closing.

Excellent! Now that makes the little cliffhangers more understandable. Good post, Weezie
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:19 pm

Mylife101 wrote:

How do you know for sure that Jodi is actually saying these things. Could it be the gutter dwelling "15 minutes of famers" trying to trump each other for attention? I'm not saying that it's not true...just wondering how good the source is.

This is what is being reported on HLN. They had the editor of the National Enquirer on (which is probably the only mag that would ever buy anything Jodi was selling anyway). He is saying that this is the info they got, supposedly from her, through someone she confided in. Of course her whole story is BS, but it's out there nonetheless.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:20 pm

Mylife101 wrote:

to my understanding the source is Nancy Grace who started reporting last night that the national enquirer had all this info..all the more I going to say on this topic btw Suspect
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:20 pm

Bmore wrote:That's something like what I mentioned awhile ago Weezie... There is all this evidence that we know about but who would JM get up there to testify and explain it... Guess we just have to hope and sounds like at least some have seen the bigger picture and give her M1 DP...
This is something rather trickery.
The prosecutor can NOT introduce a single piece of evidence that by itself and without any supporting detail would convict a person.

So if a gas station is held up and the video shows the person, the license plates... it is not enough! You have to now PROVE that person was actually there and doing the activity with whatever weapon, etc..

This is the reason some evidence is not used. It is called prejudicial on the face of it.
And this is also the reason much supporting evidence IS introduced.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:21 pm

keikikiki wrote:Attorney Wendy Murphy explained it best. We are SUPPOSED to be the greatest country in the world, and yet our legal process is based on an ADVERSARIAL SYSTEM, where most other countries' is based on an INQUIRY SYSTEM.
The adversarial system is all about winning or losing while the inquiry system is about a SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH.
SHAME ON US.

18th: Just lost a high-five response I was trying to make on another one of your great posts, whoops...then came across this- wow! Great nugget![/quote]

Thanks so much for the comment. It's nice to hear someone say they like what I say~

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
Weeziethm wrote:Read somewhere that prosecutors are only allowed to show evidence through witnesses testimony but that explaining the meaning of the evidence would be "testifying"....therefore that is why evidence items are slapped down (!) and kinda left hanging sometimes; but Juan will be able to explain away and connect all the dots during closing.

Excellent! Now that makes the little cliffhangers more understandable. Good post, Weezie

yes thank you weezie..I feel much better now even tho your not an attorney
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by nemo1970 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:21 pm

I wish JM had spent a little more time on haircolor thingy: There was no pic from June 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_M2C1kY7qg from at 1.12
During the testimony on feb 19 - Nurmi showed Jury picture (picture with the dog) Exhibit 414 May18, that showed her hair color.

Nurmi "Was your hair to - your recollection - substantially similar in early June when you rented the car"?
Jodi " Yes"
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #16 - Page 20 Dogpic11

Yesterday JM showed the dog picture and exhibit 452 - the picture with her sister dated 5/15-
Compared them with Photos from June 3
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #16 - Page 20 Blhor_10

nemo1970

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Freckles wrote:
Bmore wrote:That's something like what I mentioned awhile ago Weezie... There is all this evidence that we know about but who would JM get up there to testify and explain it... Guess we just have to hope and sounds like at least some have seen the bigger picture and give her M1 DP...
The prosecutor can NOT introduce a single piece of evidence that by itself and without any supporting detail would convict a person.

So if a gas station is held up and the video shows the person, the license plates... it is not enough! You have to now PROVE that person was actually there and doing the activity with whatever weapon, etc..

This is the reason some evidence is not used. It is called prejudicial on the face of it.

and IMO complete HORSESHIT when the defense can get up and say whatev they hell they want without ANY evidence at all to support it!

ok rant over.. trying to maintain some sanity today
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:25 pm

Weeziethm wrote:The "source" is the National Enquirer's "source".. lol

Based on that alone, I would say that as much as it pains me to do so, I will have to give Jodi the benefit of the doubt on this information being nothing more than media BS.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:25 pm

WildAboutTrial@WildAboutTrial

As hwild looks at the state seal he still sees the man with his hands on hips hwho patiently is hwaiting for trial to resume. #JodiArias

WildAboutTrial@WildAboutTrial

hwild want's to know hwhy the dog on the seal is so tiny and hwhich graphic designer AZ hired to do this rather inaccurate image. #JodiArias
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:29 pm

carlakay wrote:
Freckles wrote:

and IMO complete HORSESHIT when the defense can get up and say whatev they hell they want without ANY evidence at all to support it!

ok rant over.. trying to maintain some sanity today

You're right, Carla. I admit to being over sensitive at present. I have has way too much of the "trash Travis" BS!! I literally mute the sound when Nurmi crosses not because I can't take any more of it. I sure as hell am not going to watch their surrebuttal doctor! I just think they have crossed the line and the judge should NOT have allowed their excessive crapola to continue to this degree! My God, I hope the Alexander family gets to give Hodi an earful soon!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:30 pm

I have 2 channels here at work on my TV... I couldn't take another minute of the People's Court so I went to the next channel that always seems to be infomercials... For once it's not WEN hair but now Meaningful Beauty with Cindy Crawford... She's showing how she does her daily routine with the product and it looks like it's out of a sex scene... eyes closed, mouth slightly open, head tipped back and she's using 2 finger tips to glide around her face and neck to rub this crap in... Sorry if it felt that good to wash and moisturize my face i'd never leave the house... lol This trial needs to start soon, running out of options... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Oh yeah... they're playing the damn thing again...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Bmore wrote:I have 2 channels here at work on my TV... I couldn't take another minute of the People's Court so I went to the next channel that always seems to be infomercials... For once it's not WEN hair but now Meaningful Beauty with Cindy Crawford... She's showing how she does her daily routine with the product and it looks like it's out of a sex scene... eyes closed, mouth slightly open, head tipped back and she's using 2 finger tips to glide around her face and neck to rub this crap in... Sorry if it felt that good to wash and moisturize my face i'd never leave the house... lol This trial needs to start soon, running out of options... lol

You crack me up! lol. Laughing
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:34 pm

Bmore wrote:I have 2 channels here at work on my TV... I couldn't take another minute of the People's Court so I went to the next channel that always seems to be infomercials... For once it's not WEN hair but now Meaningful Beauty with Cindy Crawford... She's showing how she does her daily routine with the product and it looks like it's out of a sex scene... eyes closed, mouth slightly open, head tipped back and she's using 2 finger tips to glide around her face and neck to rub this crap in... Sorry if it felt that good to wash and moisturize my face i'd never leave the house... lol This trial needs to start soon, running out of options... lol
awe Laughing awe
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Lol, I'll bet all this time JA has been writing the closing argument for Nurmi, peppered liberally with 'big words' from the 'dictionary according to Jodi'

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:37 pm

Jeezemcrow, can't this trial ever start on time?

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:39 pm

WAT say Dr. Horne is there and so is JA... in the courtroom
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:40 pm

Court has NOT started on time once. Not even after the breaks. If this was my employee, paychecks would be docked, notices put in personnel file, etc.. It would be apparent someone did not appreciate their employment!
This has irritated me the most about this case! Well, that and having to look at stupid touching herself, twisting in her chair, touching her lawyer and... ewww... where HAVE those hands been?

Stupid's mother, Stupid's weird friends, Stupid's friends and family having NO manners in the court, Stupid's slo-mo attorney who slumps, and the high pitched squealing, grinning one who clomps about like some old race horse. Yeah. Guess there isn't much I like about Stupid, her family, her associates. I could sum them all up in one word... stupid! awe

Last edited by Freckles on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:41 pm

LOL that made me laugh out loud. Can you order the stuff by the keg?
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:41 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:Lol, I'll bet all this time JA has been writing the closing argument for Nurmi, peppered liberally with 'big words' from the 'dictionary according to Jodi'

D E E D I F Y ???
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Freckles wrote:Court has NOT started on time once. Not even after the breaks. If this was my employee, paychecks would be docks, notice put in personnel file, etc.. It would be apparent someone did not appreciate their employment!
This has irritated me the most about this case! Well, that and having to look at stupid touching herself, twisting in her chair, touching her lawyer and... ewww... where HAVE those hands been?

Stupid's mother, Stupid's weird friends, Stupid's friends and family having NO manners in the court, Stupid's slo-mo attorney who slumps, and the high pitched squealing, grinning one who clomps about like some old race horse. Yeah. Guess there isn't much I like about Stupid, her family, her associates. I could sum them all up in one word... stupid! awe
Freckles, if you keep holding your feelings in like that, you could get an ulcer! Laughing
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Freckles wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:Lol, I'll bet all this time JA has been writing the closing argument for Nurmi, peppered liberally with 'big words' from the 'dictionary according to Jodi'

D E E D I F Y ???

roflao roflao roflao

-------

http://www.realitychatter.com/viewtopic.forum?t=4305

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20