Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

+20
ClaireUncensored
ishi
FystyAngel
Julie
jerseyjul1
Weeziethm
auman58
Intel
colsnipe
OptioMac
justanopinion
Moosiesmama
Summertime
Ann - Tx
allears
Pianist
Mari 68
carlakay
sitemama
Alessandra_Deux
24 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:11 pm

June 26, 2013

George Zimmerman Trial - Day 3 - Part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3qOjtrCxzM

George Zimmerman Trial - Day 3 - Part 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlxU9qAxDQk
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:29 pm

Rachel Jeantel, Trayvon Martin Friend: Teen Was Trying To Escape George Zimmerman

The Huffington Post  |  By Danielle Cadet Posted: 06/26/2013 5:26 pm EDT

~Snipped~

Both Jeantel and Martin's father became emotional during the testimony, wiping their eyes with tissues. Jeantel became agitated when she described hearing about Martin's death and while discussing her decision not to attend his wake or his funeral.

"I didn't want to see the body," she said.

Jeantel also grew visibly frustrated by defense attorney Don West's questions on cross-examination.

Jeantel, who was 18 at the time of the shooting, admitted that she lied about her age, claiming to be a minor because she did not want to get involved.

Jeantel also insisted she declined to meet with Martin's mother because she did not want to "see somebody cry."

During a confrontational exchange with West, she dismissed apparent discrepancies in her previous statements to attorneys by saying that she was distraught during her interview with the Martin family lawyers and that it "didn't mean nothing to me."

She bristled when West asked why she didn't attend the services for Martin.

"You gotta understand," she told West. "I'm the last person -- you don't know how I felt. You think I really want to go see the body after I just talked to him?"

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/26/rachel-jeantel-trayvon-martin_n_3505587.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:01 pm

Rachael was am excellent witness, IMO.
She was believable in why she did what she did, ie, lied about her age, did not want to meet Trayvon's mother, and did not attend the wake for Trayvon. I could feel her grief at having her long time friend murdered. I have to believe the jury, seated there in the court inches from her, I have to believe they understood her actions.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:35 pm

Freckles wrote:Rachael was am excellent witness, IMO.
She was believable in why she did what she did, ie, lied about her age, did not want to meet Trayvon's mother, and did not attend the wake for Trayvon. I could feel her grief at having her long time friend murdered. I have to  believe the jury, seated there in the court inches from her, I have to believe they understood her actions.
I have to agree with you. At the time when Crump (or whomever) first began contact with her, it doesn't appear she was getting any real parental direction as to what would be expected of her since she was the last person to speak to TM. Also, it doesn't surprise me one bit that TM/Rachael were on the phone talking and/or texting for hours on end. Like it or not, this is the life of kids these days. AND they don't know down to the hour/minute of their calls; that is just not their way. West just needs to let the time issue drop, except for maybe that last call.

Rachael completed admitted she lied in the Crump depo: she did not want to do it; she rushed it (blew it off in other words) to honor her commitment; and again admitted she was not honest because it was a sensitive topic. Yes, she was a bit snippy with West, and I more than likely would have been short with West, too. Both he and MOM always talk down to the witness during cross. I've noticed that and it just annoys me. A defense attorney can perform a perfectly fine cross without that attitude -- and maybe even learn more by putting the witness more at ease.

Some of the comments on other sites are just so, well, racist against Rachael that I just quit reading them. This was just day 3 of the trial and I still have so many questions. I just can't understand how TM ended up face-down. From just the ear/eye witness accounts, how did TM's body end up where it was versus where all the action was supposed to have happened? Why was TM's phone so far away? If GZ got beat-up so badly, wouldn't TM's hands have some indication of an altercation/fist fight? Any GZ DNA on his phone? Where can I find these answers?

Oh! Since Rachael/TM were chatting it up during this critical time, I didn't here her mention one single time that TM was walking toward GZ's truck, let alone circling it? Quite the opposite according to Rachael's account. She did say he said he wasn't going to run since he was just near his father's friend's condo (then the unthinkable happened). So, now that we know the NSA is quite capable of pulling our conversations/texts with a warrant (haha), why was this not done? Oh noes -- then the secret would have been out way sooner??? Like we didn't already know? Like they more than likely already have at least a transcription and/or the voice msgs already? Surely I'm not the only one who has given this some thought? Not to add a conspiracy element to the mix but facts are facts.

One last rant -- just watched, one last time, the first GZ first walk-thru with LE. Unbelievable! It's just an impossible scenario (in my mind). It just doesn't fit the diagram of evidence. Just my 2 cents & thanks for letting me get it off my chest. I sincerely hope Rachael gets a good rest tonight, to be fresh and clear to West ~~C
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:41 am

CU--
I had several theories regarding where GZ and Trayvon were when the "altercation" began. I watched the Papa vid someone posted a page or two back. All my questions were answered! The evidence markers showed where things had been dropped... and they were NO WHERE near the T. Then I listened to the witnesses telling from where the screams and sounds were heard. Yep. Not near the T.

GZ' good friend, Taffee, stated on HLN (Nancy Grace) Trayvon HAD made it to the back of his father's gf's residence AND THEN WENT DOWN THE SIDEWALK TOWARD THE T BECAUSE TRAYVON HAD SEEN GZ. Oops. That does not work... It was so dark out that night a person could NOT see another condo 3 doors away and we are to believe Trayvon SAW GZ way down at the T and then pursued him?

I have a simple mind. If I find that scenario by Taffee a bunch of hog slop I promise you, the jury will, too.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:43 am

This is an old one but I am sharing it for the timeline attached:

Bad day for Zimmerman
By Graham Winch
updated 3:18 PM EDT, Tue May 28, 2013

" ... 11:40 a.m. ET: Ben Crump, Martin's family attorney, made a statement outside the courthouse as well:

"Trayvon Martin did not have a gun, Trayvon Martin did not get out the car to chase anybody, Trayvon Martin did not shoot and kill anybody, Trayvon Martin is not on trial. the judge went through about 22 motions that she denied, primarily based on all the information the defense lawyers put out. You all called it evidence, we told you it was not evidence. it was information that the defense lawyers put out. We have to respect the rule of law. We have to respected the rules of evidence .. When people put something out there we have to challenge it," said Crump...."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/28/live-blog-zimmermans-last-pre-trial-battle
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:46 am

Trayvon family atty: He could not outrun a bullet
By Katherine Cavazini
updated 10:14 PM EDT, Wed June 26, 2013

" .. “Does anyone say that Trayvon went into the home, then came back to chase Zimmerman?” Grace asked Jasmine Rand, an attorney for Martin’s family.

“Mr. Taaffe is the only person that I’ve heard allude to the fact that Trayvon Martin went into the home. There’s absolutely no evidence that Trayvon Martin went into the home. And I’d like to point out to Mr. Taaffe that no matter how fast Trayvon Martin could run, Trayvon could not outrun a bullet,” Rand said...."

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/26/george-zimmerman-murder-trial-trayvon-martin-family-rep-outrun-bullett

Had Trayvon gone into the home and then gone back to try to find GZ, he would have told Rachael and he would have left the ice tea and Skittles in the home... He did not.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:52 am

Nancy snaps at Zimmerman friend: Honey, get in line!
By Katherine Cavazini
updated 9:49 PM EDT, Wed June 26, 2013

"...Trayvon Martin was already at his house,” Taaffe said.

“If Trayvon was already at his daddy’s house then why was he laying out there in the grass?” Grace asked.

“He [Trayvon] went back to see who this guy was who was following him because he had a lot of paranoia because we know he was up here on suspension,” Taaffe said. ..."

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/26/george-zimmerman-murder-trial-trayvon-martin-nancy-grace-fights-friend

" ... he had a lot of paranoia because we know he was up here on suspension,” Taaffe said. ...".

Huh? This makes no sense at all! Better to say Wylie the Coyote is beaten by a slow moving road runner...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:09 am

Bumping for the live links.

Alessandra_Deux wrote:George Zimmerman trial Day 1

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN TRIAL LIVE:

http://www.wptv.com/generic/news/national/George-Zimmerman-trial-complete-coverage

http://www.foxnews.com/live-coverage/zimmerman-trial

http://www.wftv.com/s/zimmerman-livestream/

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-live-video-chat-20130612,0,7210676.htmlpage

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/watch-george-zimmerman-trial-live

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/category/259883/george-zimmerman

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/watchchat-live-george-zimmerman-trial-day-1/-/1637132/20665882/-/jrlv3cz/-/index.html?showAds=0
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:33 am

Martin Friend Resumes Testimony At Zimmerman Trial

by The Associated Press
June 27, 2013 9:13 AM

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — A friend of Trayvon Martin who was the last person to talk to the teen before his encounter with George Zimmerman is back on the witness stand for a second day in the neighborhood watch volunteer's murder trial.

Rachel Jeantel took the stand Thursday. She is one of the prosecution's most important witnesses because she bolsters the contention that Zimmerman was the aggressor in his confrontation with 17-year-old Martin. She was on the phone with Martin moments before he was fatally shot.

Defense attorney Don West began challenging Jeantel on Thursday about her different accounts of what happened

Read more:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=196142002
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:41 am

Not sure if this has been shared:

Dershowitz: Knock-knock joke told by Zimmerman's attorney grounds for mistrial
Published June 25, 2013

"This is a murder case,” Dershowitz said. “The victim's family is sitting in the courtroom with tears in their eyes and he's telling a knock-knock joke? I just don’t get it.”

" ... If a student ever did that in a mock court in my class, I would … ask him are you in the right school? Maybe you want to be a stand-up comedian or an entertainer,” he continued. “And, by the way, if you do, come up with better jokes...."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/25/dershowitz-knock-knock-joke-told-by-zimmerman-attorney-was-inappropriate/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:51 am

Very repetitious cross examination, the same questions are repeated over and over. The judge just told West that she has given him a lot of latitude but he is repeating the witness' answer in his next question and he should ask a new question.

This cross might take all day.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:36 am

When Trayvon ran, Zimmerman was running after him, that is when the dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following him and told him, "we don't need you to do that".

West wants to make it look as if Zimmerman never got out of his car. How did Trayvon's body ended up 30 to 35 yards from the T-Intersection if Zimmerman didn't follow him by foot behind the townhouses?
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:53 am

George Zimmerman Witness Can't Read Letter She 'Wrote' About Shooting
George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 11 Ap_rachel_jeantel_ll_130627_16x9_992
Witness Rachel Jeantel, left, continues her testimony to defense attorney Don West on day 14 of George Zimmerman's trial in Seminole circuit court in Sanford, Fla., June 27, 2013. (Jacob Langston/Orlando Sentinel/Pool/AP Photo)

By SENI TIENABESO and MATT GUTMAN
SANFORD, Fla. June 27, 2013

A teenage friend of Trayvon Martin was forced to admit today in the George Zimmerman murder trial that she did not write a letter that was sent to Martin's mother describing what she allegedly heard on a phone call with Martin moments before he was shot.

In a painfully embarassing moment, Rachel Jeantel was asked to read the letter out loud in court.

"Are you able to read that at all?" defense attorney Don West asked.

Jeantel, head bowed, eyes averted whispered into the court microphone, "Some but not all. I don't read cursive."

(Video at link)

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-witness-read-letter-wrote-shooting/story?id=19504826
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:58 am

Oh, no! It was so droning I fell asleep and now the court appears at a break.  

Thanks for the vid!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:02 am

Zimmerman's defense tries to undermine witness

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 11 ?m=02&d=20130627&t=2&i=745318947&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CBRE95Q0S2900

By Tom Brown and Barbara Liston
SANFORD, Florida | Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:19am EDT

(Reuters) - Defense lawyers in the murder trial of neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman on Thursday tried to undermine the testimony of a woman who was on the phone with unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin moments before he was shot in Florida last year.

The prosecution witness, Rachel Jeantel, 19, told the court on Wednesday that shortly before Martin was fatally shot, he complained about a "creepy" man who seemed to be hunting him down as he walked back to the house where he was staying with his father in the town of Sanford.

On the second day of cross-examination in Seminole County criminal court, one of Zimmerman's lawyers suggested that Jeantel had added new details to her account of the conversation with Martin after news coverage portrayed the shooting as "a racial thing."

Jeantel repeatedly denied it.

Read more:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/27/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE95Q0EE20130627
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:34 am

HLN legal analyst:

The problem the defense has with this witness is that "trying to pin her down is like trying to catch mercury from a broken thermometerer."
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:41 am

I hear the witness mixing grammar.
I hear her say, " I could've hear(d) Trayvon."
Corrected that would be, "I could have heard Trayvon."

Dteam West wants the interpretation to be: "I couldn't hear Trayvon."

(IMO, the witness is not comfortable speaking with others for fear of being judged/criticized. Yesterday, she stated she did NOT want to meet with Sabrina Fulton but preferred her mother meet with Fulton as they were of the same age group. She is aware of her inadequacies and is not comfortable with others. This would have made Trayvon a very special friend for he accepted her as she is. His death probably left her devastated. Even the day he died, they spoke for hours on the telephone...)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:47 am

My comments bold/color:
Freckles wrote:CU--
I had several theories regarding where GZ and Trayvon were when the "altercation" began. I watched the Papa vid someone posted a page or two back. All my questions were answered! The evidence markers showed where things had been dropped... and they were NO WHERE near the T.  Then I listened to the witnesses telling from where the screams and sounds were heard. Yep. Not near the T. Ok, I watched it twice again and feel like I almost get it. Then I compare it to the FIRST walk-thru with LE, which should be GZ's best recollection, no? IMO and so far the pieces are fitting. Has anyone figured out who LLMPapa is yet?

GZ' good friend, Taffee, stated on HLN (Nancy Grace) Trayvon HAD made it to the back of his father's gf's residence AND THEN WENT DOWN THE SIDEWALK TOWARD THE T BECAUSE TRAYVON HAD SEEN GZ. Oops. That does not work... It was so dark out that night a person could NOT see another condo 3 doors away and we are to believe Trayvon SAW GZ way down at the T and then pursued him?  Taffee speaks out of turn and has been called on it every time. He's also very disrespectful to women, especially women of color and got quite a swat down on JVM's "lion den" from a women who insisted he would treat her with respect. I changed the channel since Taffee, IMO, appears to be a racist and I really don't think he plays well with women. Maybe someone else needs to sit in to cheer on GZ since Taffee, again IMO, is losing this battle.

I have a simple mind. If I find that scenario by Taffee a bunch of hog slop I promise you, the jury will, too.
Freckles, I too, have a simple mind, also apparently a one-track mind when it comes to this trial. Up until this witness and cross, I was just listening and keeping up on Michael Hastings untimely death. Now I'm afraid my mind is one-track, on Rachael. Finally, the State is throwing out some objections. I actually snickered a bit when West slammed his hand down on the pedestal -- that was after his bad starting questions: Has someone talked to you about your testimony, etc., throwing many questions toward Rachael obviously regarding her attitude. Nah, her 'tude is still there and directed at West. I think the jury will see that he's just dogging her, pushing her buttons. JMO, of course. West is plucking my last nerve.

Thanks for the redirection, Freckles. ~~C
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:54 am

OMG. I so empathize with Rachael. My gd has a speech problem (from untreated ear issues). She speaks softly but with a ND accent, sometimes slurring words. We can barely understand her over the phone. ~~C
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:02 pm

C---

I see the witness as not wanting to be here/
She did not want to meet with anyone.
She did not want to meet with the State.
She did not want to meet with Trayvon's mother.

She is vulnerable.
She KNOWS she can't "compete" with others.
She does not believe there is any value in this trial as it will NOT bring back Trayvon.
She does not trust the court system
She stated she did not speak in full to the attys BUT would to the PD; she does not trust lawyers.

Part of me says she has been terribly hurt by society and it was finalized by the death of her long-missed friend--- who accepted her as a friend with out hurting her. She is keenly aware of community prejudices and those include difference in treatment based upon race. Trayvon's death underscored it.

Another part of my thinking is she is terribly wise....
in truth, what IS the point of this? It will not fill the hole in the hearts of those who miss Trayvon.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:05 pm

ClaireUncensored wrote:OMG. I so empathize with Rachael. My gd has a speech problem (from untreated ear issues). She speaks softly but with a ND accent, sometimes slurring words. We can barely understand her over the phone. ~~C

From prior occupations, I have heard this speech pattern before.
I did wonder if she had a hearing problem.
(One of my children had a hearing problem and had difficulty with enunciation. )

Witness does look directly at the atty and can be seen moving her lips while he speaks.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:08 pm

This is wrong of dteam to insult Trayvon and make it that Trayvon lied to the witness. Not good for the jury.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:12 pm

West stated to witness Trayvon started the altercation which is why witness never called PD... Objection! Badgering the witness!
Witness also is ruffled.

West is being told to change his questioning.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:15 pm

West just keeps on trying to change the witness' words and changing the scenario. This is sneaky. Jury will see that.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:19 pm

West started a question, "Trayvon approached the man---"
Witness said, "I never said Trayvon ever approached the man!"

Apparently, West is going for impeachment....

West just said, "I thot I heard you say you heard Trayvon smashing the man in the face."
Witness said, "What? I never said that."

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Trayvon was on the phone with the witness for @ 6 hours non-stop.
IF Trayvon WAS going to get in a fight, he would have given some indication to the witness... just as she has stated.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:31 pm

Freckles wrote:West started a question, "Trayvon approached the man---"
Witness said, "I never said Trayvon ever approached the man!"

Apparently, West is going for impeachment....

West just said, "I thot I heard you say you heard Trayvon smashing the man in the face."
Witness said, "What? I never said that."

Underhanded.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:32 pm

There is obviously a language barrier, there is also an issue with the transcripts.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Does the judge have an edited transcript by the defense?
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:40 pm

George Zimmerman trial tensions emerge as Miami teen continues testimony

By Evan S. Benn
Miami Herald
Posted on Thursday, 06.27.13

SANFORD -- Frustrations ran high in the George Zimmerman murder trial Thursday as Trayvon Martin’s childhood friend from Miami remained locked in a lengthy cross-examination by Zimmerman’s defense team.

Rachel Jeantel, 19, on the witness stand for the second day, spoke softly and at times seemed annoyed and confused by repeated questions about her past statements regarding her calls with Trayvon in the final minutes before the Miami Gardens teen’s shooting death on Feb. 26, 2012. In an admission that sent a hush through the courtroom, Jeantel said she could not read a handwritten letter, composed by her but written by a friend, because “I don’t read cursive.”

Defense attorney Don West tried to remain patient while meticulously combing through Jeantel’s recollection of her conversations with media, investigators and Trayvon’s parents. He frequently asked Jeantel to speak up or repeat herself.

Read more:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/27/3473372/george-zimmerman-trial-tensions.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:40 pm

Okay... appears there are at least 4 different transcripts floating about the court this morning. IMO, judge needs to resolve this out of the hearing of the jury. Are the transcripts not already entered into evidence? Seems someone is trying to be slick... JMO
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Judge obtained a transcript from MOM to review per witness statement.
Judge stated there were no words on that page/line but there were simply asterisks.

Judge asked West re his copy.
How could the witness be questioned about her words when there were none in the transcript?

WEST stated he also only had asterisks. West stated the witness' words could not be made out. (These are the very words he is now stating she perjured herself with!)

STATE offered up THEIR transcripts which DOES have words and does NOT have asterisks. However, as it had notations in the copy, they scrambled to find a clean copy,

The judge was given the clean copy.

Judge is puzzled as to why the transcripts are so dissimilar.
And how could they attempt to impeach a witness based on a comparison of her words on the stand and the transcript when the transcript lacked the words and only had astericks??

West said (now) he was looking "for clarity."
Did he forget he was trying to impeach her????NoNoNo
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:07 pm

http://www.wptv.com/generic/news/national/George-Zimmerman-trial-complete-coverage

Could someone grab this vid and save it?

Court is on break but someone has her letter out on the projector and keeps showing it from different angles.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:06 pm

What do you think of this witness?

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/27/rachel-jeantel-taryvon-martin-george-zimmerman-trial
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Remember in GZ's call to the non-emergency number? In one part of that call when GZ was still in his truck, he told the dispatcher that TM was just staring at him (during the part where GZ was of the opinion something is up with this dude, my wording). He then told the dispatcher TM was walking toward him. I didn't hear Rachael one time say that TM said he was doing this, going to do this, anything of this sort. I don't recall her even mentioning a truck. Did I miss that? GZ insisted TM started walking toward him in the call to the dispatch operator.

I hope the jury pays attention to the connect/disconnect times and understand that bluetooth headsets CAN pick-up a lot. I know I've heard things that weren't meant for my ears. ~~C
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:26 pm

I have continued to read all the posts and have been keeping up with this trial through this site. I have not posted very often due to actually not knowing what to believe from all the hype on the different media sources. (from both sides)

I decided to share some early opinions that I have at this time. Firstly, I now refuse to watch HLN due to the information I have been reading about the channel after they let Beth Karas go. I have a hard time with ANY channel that always takes one side of an issue. Beth Karas was IMO the most unbiased reporter they had. She seemed to have JUSTICE in the forefront and not trying to SPIN what was happening. I told my husband a couple of weeks ago that I was bothered by the reporting on HLN but couldn't put my finger on the reason. After reading more I came to my conclusion.

I believe that if the 5 phone calls made by Zimmerman are to be part of the evidence then the Defense should make the other 45+ calls part of the evidence also. Picking a select group in my opinion does not adequately indicate Zimmerman's state of mind. I thought at one point that Zimmerman was making a pest out of himself until I heard that he was approached to take a more active role. (by one of the State's witnesses) She thought he would be good because of his attitude and his dimeanor.

As for the voice recognition: Well, to me it makes more sense that the person on the bottom in a fight would be yelling for help and not the person on the top who is hitting the person on the bottom.

A lot has been made in the media about the racial aspects of this case (I think of it as a murder case, not a racial case, but the media does not).. With that said, I will be watching the reports to see what is made out of the racial comments that Trayvon made to his friend on the phone. If people are going to make a big thing out race on one side then they should on the other side also.

I believe that the State will have a hard time proving that there was intent to murder. Nothing I have seen during the actual trial has given me the feeling that they have proven that.

I have empathy for Rachel but have not been impressed as a witness for the State. I would have a difficult time as a juror to convict a person based on her testimony. I also think that she has to have been very difficult to prep for taking the stand. As Freckles said in an earlier post she may have a hearing issue which leads to a speech issue. I don't know but that is possible. But her attitude is what I have a problem with and not her speech.

I have not been impressed with Mr. West either. I like a little personality from a lawyer when he/she is questioning or speaking. Mr. West is like a really limp handshake. You know the kind of handshake you don't quite understand and are left wondering if that was a handshake or a dishrag.

I will continue reading your posts and watching the trial (NOT on HLN) and post when I can.

Take care guys and gals.

Pianist
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Back.
Judge made a ruling on when/how the taped audio of witness statement could be played before the jury.

West is not happy.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Pianist-
What a dynamite of a line!
"...the kind of handshake you don't quite understand and are left wondering if that was a handshake or a dishrag. "

Yes, I see the witness as being very resentful.

State (Bernie de) just asked the witness what languages were spoken at home. Her mother speaks Creole and that was her first language; she said it is Spanish. (I thot it was French Canadian plus others...)

Bernie de is now questioning her.
She can't read or write in cursive.
(Way back, cursive was the first form of writing my parents learned!)

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Jury out of the courtroom.
BDLR is questioning the witness, J Lauer.

Lauer said she had never seen GZ angry or heard him yelling.
BDLR is bringing up GZ' past...
GZ' had a restraining order against him for violence against his gf.;
aware he had been arrested for battery against LE in a bar;
witness had heard on TV.

MOM brings forth GZ has gone thru rehab course.

State wants witness for recall; wants to make argument based upon case law.

Witness will be released subject to recall.
Witness has stated she did not follow GZ on social media.
Asked if she followed GZ' brother on twitter.

BDLR may be looking to impeach her.
Witness has seemed to favor her answers toward MOM.
State witness may have turned pro GZ.
She has seen a lot of news stories on this case.

(Another side: HOA was upset because they had to settle a HOA case because of this killing.)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:16 pm

3:13 PM
TwitterAlisia Adamson @AlisiaEsq
RT @JeffWeinerOS : There's a twitter account w/Lauer's name & pic that follows @rzimmermanjr . State was asking about it.
#GeorgeZImmerman #T…

TwitterStewart Moore @StewartMoore
RT @AlisiaEsq : BDLR will argue that MOM "opened door" by talking about GZ's reputation with Jenna Lauer (non vigilante, non hot head, etc)

3:14 PM
RT @DBroomWFTV : State asking if Lauer follows on Twitter or FB friended @rzimmermanjr or has tweeted/msged him. Says she doesn't think so. …
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:16 pm

3:16 PM
TwitterZimmerman Case @zimmermancase
BDLR showing Lauer her Twitter and that she's following Zimmerman's brother, @rzimmermanjr . She says it might have been accident.
ReplyRetweetFavorite

3:16 PM
BDLR now showing Jenna Lauer her twitter page and that she is in fact following Georg
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:17 pm

Witness has Taffee as a friend on her fb account.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:25 pm

3:20 PM

RT @StewartMoore : If this is the correct page for @jenna_lauer , then she does in fact follow Robert Zimmerman
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Video: 911 call with 'screaming' played in Zimmerman trial

http://on.wesh.com/1aRrOMz

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:36 pm

#Zimmerman http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNyys18CcAAttrm.jpg

ALL THE ABOVE TWEETS ARE FROM:
http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/watch-george-zimmerman-trial-live
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Spanish interpreter for this next witness.

Selma Mora: Construction worker--- she sells equipment.
US for 12 years. Speaks some English.
From Colombia.
She is an architect and interior designer.
Degrees from Colombia and USA.
She reside on Retreat View. 2831.
Moved in 2007. Lived there with 2 children and a female friend, Mary Kuthcner.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:06 pm

She was at home, in the kitchen (back of town house) when she heard what sounded like crying. Window opened half way. Crying sound: it was a "hm-hm" (moan?). Sound was low, soft. She heard no words. She looked out her window and saw it was too dark to see anything.

She then heard another sound.
A dry sound, like a thump of a child falling.
Like a long board when bounced on...
she did not think it was a gunshot.
She heard no more sounds after this sound.
She ran toward the back where porch is located'
she went outside to the screened porch.
Porch is screened from about waist high.
It was to keep her little dog in.
Screen outlined the porch.

If she had known it was a gunshot, she would not have gone outside.
Sound was from her right.
Outside, she looked to her right.
She saw two persons.
Her residence is third from the T.

Outside, she heard no more crying.
The two persons were on the ground with one on top.
The top one had a leg on either side like a rider.
The person on top was facing toward the trash bins.

She could not tell the colors of the people. Too little light.
She could tell a pattern of blacks and reds.
The hands must have been supported by the person on the ground.
She only saw the right hand side of the person.
Like stooping over the person on the ground.
The person on the bottom was laying down. Hard to see.
Could not tell if the bottom person was face up or down.
Saw movement from the person on the bottom.
A shudder of a leg movement.

She asked, "What's going on?"
She asked in English.
No one responded.
The person on the top turned to look at her.
She asked again what was going on.
The person did not respond.
She asked a third time; the person on top answered and told her to call the police.
She never heard the person on the bottom.
She saw the person on top get up but not the person on the bottom.

He walked away from the body toward the rubbish bin.
She could see it was a man.

The man walked a few steps, he walked back, pacing, put his one head to his face. Other hand was on waist. He did not appear to have trouble walking; no stumbling. The man said nothing while he was pacing.

She could see the other person now.
He was face down,
She saw a person with a flashlight.

She became concerned and was wanting to go back in her house.
Neighbor woman came out.
Selma screamed at her to go back because there had been a shooting.

She went back inside.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Selma went back into home.
Roomie, Mary Kutchner was on phone with 911.
The PD closed up the back area of the housing.
Mary did most of the talking with Sanford PD.
Selma did not talk with them at that time.
She was given paper and told to write on the paper if she wanted to write something for the PD.

Mary did so as Selma was trying to call ex husband to tell him to NOT bring her children home.

Selma wrote and spoke with PD @ 4 days later.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Selma did not know either party.

Dteam is up.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next