Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

+23
Soprano1
ishi
CuriousPortlander
Summertime
DebFrmHell
KimmyK
One Wonders
Alessandra_Deux
FystyAngel
Cubs Fan
Gizmo711
vegret
justanopinion
auburn99girl
ClaireUncensored
Pianist
Mari 68
sitemama
WeeBonnie
colsnipe
LottieM
auman58
carlakay
27 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 19 Empty Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Nan11 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:02 pm

An interesting little article on what some of Zimmerman's fund money went towards, and how O'Mara/West justify the 2.5 million dollar bill.

Orlando Sentinel | Zimmerman's not-guilty verdict comes with 'mind-numbing' $2.5M bill
By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
November 29, 2013

O'Mara took on the case in April 2012, saying he would represent Zimmerman at no charge. Then he discovered that Zimmerman and his family were raising funds via a website and that money was pouring in, at least initially.
In truth, they have already benefited financially from Zimmerman's legal-defense fund. Several months ago, O'Mara reported spending $52,550 on "law firm support and infrastructure."

O'Mara and his spokesman never provided a detailed accounting as to what that included, but they said it was such things as more computers, upgraded software, new phones and improved office security.

West and O'Mara also formed a private partnership, Timber Run Enterprises LLC, and bought the building next door to O'Mara's Concord Street office in downtown Orlando. That building, like O'Mara's office, is a former single-family home for which the lawyers paid $270,000.

It became the nerve center for the defense team, where O'Mara and West plus two other O'Mara law-firm employees and six law-school volunteers worked on the case.

O'Mara said he and West did not spend Zimmerman's defense-fund money to buy the building but that they leased it to O'Mara's firm, and defense-fund money was used to pay rent.

Read more:  http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-legal-bills-20131129,0,7584756.story
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 19 Empty Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:32 am

What really gets my pressure up is that a person can lose their drivers license for less than what this man has done with a gun and yet he is still holding his permit.

A gun permit is a privilege, a privilege that can be revoked at any time. Why is the state of Florida still allowing this man to keep guns. He is a walking time bomb. What is it going to take (short of this man killing another innocent person for just walking down the street), before they take his guns away. Is the state of Florida waiting for another tragedy to happen? If any of these things, that this man has done, been done prior to his getting his permit, he would never have been issued a permit. Therefore his right to bear arms should be revoked BEFORE another person loses their life again.

The state of FLORIDA is F^%$#d up, to say the least. Police tape should be put up around the entire state of Florida because it is a total crime scene. A state where innocent are in jail and guilty run free. Where the guilty are respected and the innocent are demeaned. Where the citizens donate to the murderers. Where jurors don't have enough sense nor backbone to convict the guilty, but don't bat an eyelash to convict the innocent. The state needs a BIG modification and it's time the government steps in. Florida is a state NOT a reservation, where the government would be powerless. Florida needs an overhaul and rid of corruption, it's been going on for way too long.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:02 pm

^^^^ newspaper
Certainly a state I would tip-toe thru.
Disney not withstanding I have no intentions of visiting a snake infested swamp. Take that as you will...
 dancing 
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Shellie Zimmerman, Mark O'Mara settle lawsuit with bodyguards

"The bodyguard company that sued George Zimmerman and Mark O'Mara, saying they had failed to pay for $27,000 worth of protection, has settled the case.

CMR Associates formally settled on Nov. 22 and filed paperwork to dismissed the case last week, records at the Orange County Courthouse show.

CMR executive Chris Rumbaugh today said O'Mara and Shellie Zimmerman settled by paying a combined $30,000.

He said George Zimmerman refused to settle but that he had no plans to continue legal action against the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer. "

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-bodyguards-settle-20131202,0,2430300.story
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:52 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:What really gets my pressure up is that a person can lose their drivers license for less than what this man has done with a gun and yet he is still holding his permit.

A gun permit is a privilege, a privilege that can be revoked at any time.  Why is the state of Florida still allowing this man to keep guns.  He is a walking time bomb.  What is it going to take (short of this man killing another innocent person for just walking down the street), before they take his guns away.  Is the state of Florida waiting for another tragedy to happen? If any of these things, that this man has done, been done prior to his getting his permit, he would never have been issued a permit.  Therefore his right to bear arms should be revoked BEFORE another person loses their life again.

The state of FLORIDA is F^%$#d up, to say the least.  Police tape should be put up around the entire state of Florida because it is a total crime scene. A state where innocent are in jail and guilty run free. Where the guilty are respected and the innocent are demeaned.  Where the citizens donate to the murderers.  Where jurors don't have enough sense nor backbone to convict the guilty, but don't bat an eyelash to convict the innocent. The state needs a BIG modification and it's time the government steps in.  Florida is a state NOT a reservation, where the government would be powerless.  Florida needs an overhaul and rid of corruption, it's been going on for way too long.
Good to see you, Gizmo!   You get my vote for  Best Posting Of The   George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 19 179695
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:27 pm

ALEC facing funding crisis from donor exodus in wake of Trayvon Martin row

• Rightwing lobby group appealing to major donors to return
• Internal documents reveal so-called 'Prodigal Son Project'
• Network lost almost 400 state legislators over past two years

Ed Pilkington in New York and Suzanne Goldenberg
theguardian.com, Tuesday 3 December 2013 13.06 EST

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 19 Jeb-Bush-Alec-010
Ex-Florida governor Jeb Bush speaks at Alec's 40th annual meeting in August. Alec has identified more than 40 lapsed corporate members. Photo: M Spencer Green/AP

An influential US lobbying network of Republican politicians and big businesses is seeking to avert a looming funding crisis by appealing to major donors that have abandoned it over the past two years following criticism of its policy on gun laws.

The Guardian has learned that the American Legislative Exchange Council (Alec), which shapes and promotes legislation at state level across the US, has identified more than 40 lapsed corporate members it wants to attract back into the fold under a scheme referred to in its documents as the "Prodigal Son Project".

The target firms include commercial giants such as Amazon, Coca-Cola, General Electric, Kraft, McDonald's and Walmart, all of which cut ties with the group following the furore over the killing of the unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida in February 2012.

Read more:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/03/alec-funding-crisis-big-donors-trayvon-martin
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:33 pm

"Alec was embroiled in the controversy surrounding Florida's 2005 "stand-your-ground" law under which George Zimmerman, the neighbourhood watch volunteer who shot and killed the 17-year-old Martin, initially claimed self-defence. The Florida law was picked up by Alec, and, working in partnership with the National Rifle Association, used as a template for one of its "model bills", which was then taken up by other states across the country."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/03/alec-funding-crisis-big-donors-trayvon-martin
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:38 pm

George Zimmerman's Girlfriend Wants to Drop Charges, 'Be With Him'

Dec. 9, 2013

By SENI TIENABESO via GOOD MORNING AMERICA

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmermans-girlfriend-drop-charges/story?id=21153527
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:George Zimmerman's Girlfriend Wants to Drop Charges, 'Be With Him'

Dec. 9, 2013

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmermans-girlfriend-drop-charges/story?id=21153527

wow she is pathetic!! and yes I know that some women might find this offensive and I didn't mean it because lots of abused women return to their abuser… she is pathetic because it is GZ and he is not a catch! JMO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:49 pm

She is stupid and not thinking with her brain.
Any man who threatens any woman and the woman wants him to stay around, well, she needs her head examined.

Can Florida bring charges without her testimony?
Some states will do that once 911 is called.... if there is cause, then they do not meed to ask the complainant to press charges.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:52 pm

I don't know about FL, but in NC, if you take out charges for abuse, the plaintiff can't drop the charges, and she would have to testify about what happened when she called 911. My daughter took her husband to court twice for abusing her, but they were not living together after the first time. Of course, she was happy to testify against him, hoping he would be sent to prison, but no such luck. Two weeks after being in court the second time in 4 months, he broke her door down and killed her.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by vegret Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Sad 
vegret
vegret

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Oh Sitemama, so sorry..
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:49 pm

sitemama wrote:I don't know about FL, but in NC, if you take out charges for abuse, the plaintiff can't drop the charges, and she would have to testify about what happened when she called 911.  My daughter took her husband to court twice for abusing her, but they were not living together after the first time.  Of course, she was happy to testify against him, hoping he would be sent to prison, but no such luck.  Two weeks after being in court the second time in 4 months, he broke her door down and killed her.

Oh gosh sitemama, I'm so sorry.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:42 pm

A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty

One Wonders, I love this. And you are so right. My oldest daughter left behind a son, 2-1/2 and a daughter, 13 months old to take care of the hole in my heart. This happened in 1981. Then in 20002, my second daughter died from the meds she was given for breast cancer, and left behind 5 y/o twins, a boy and a girl.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:02 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:George Zimmerman's Girlfriend Wants to Drop Charges, 'Be With Him'

Dec. 9, 2013

Read more:

OMG are you kidding me??? What is wrong with her? roflao
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:54 am

So did she lie to the PD dispatcher when she said she was afraid of GZ, he had threatened her, etc? Did she file a false police report in hopes of getting paid TV spots?

For the sake of all the women who REALLY are abused, let's hope charges are brought against this dim-wit...

http://www.mlive.com/detroit-river/index.ssf/2013/12/bob_bashara_requests_use_of_la.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:27 pm

sitemama wrote:
A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty

One Wonders, I love this.  And you are so right.  My oldest daughter left behind a son, 2-1/2 and a daughter, 13 months old to take care of the hole in my heart.  This happened in 1981.  Then in 20002, my second daughter died from the meds she was given for breast cancer, and left behind 5 y/o twins, a boy and a girl.  

Oh gosh sitemama, my heart is so broken for you but at the same time happy about your grands. This is what they mean by bitter sweet I guess. I actually got it from someone who was posting on WS I think it was during JA trial and I pm'd her to ask if I could steal it. So I'm giving you permission to steal it too. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))).
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:39 pm

I'd sure like to know why she is recanting now. She lets him back in, she may find herself dead of a gunshot wound as well.
I mean OMG! Who goes back to a person who has already murdered one person and is looking for another victim? Please tell me who does this.
I understand women going back for fear of their life getting worse if he gets ahold of her, but in this situation I swear the cops have to be keeping an eye on him don't you think? So she could get away from that, right? The thing with GZ is if he's confronted with a real adult male he's going to play the meek role cuz he knows he'll get his ass beat. Okay, I give up!
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:51 pm

One Wonders wrote:I'd sure like to know why she is recanting now. She lets him back in, she may find herself dead of a gunshot wound as well.
I mean OMG! Who goes back to a person who has already murdered one person and is looking for another victim? Please tell me who does this.
I understand women going back for fear of their life getting worse if he gets ahold of her, but in this situation I swear the cops have to be keeping an eye on him don't you think? So she could get away from that, right?  The thing with GZ is if he's confronted with a real adult male he's going to play the meek role cuz he knows he'll get his ass beat. Okay, I give up!

The write-up I'll link below offers some interesting thoughts regarding this, One.  I've just pulled out a couple of interesting points, but the whole thing is worth a read.

I know the prosecution doesn't have to drop the charges, but in a way I hope they do.  I think if they continue, they will just give fodder to his "poor persecuted me" claims.

As she has stated that she wants to be with him, and is in all likely hood back with him already--we can rest assured this will happen again in a few months.

After all, it is his history, and we have seen his patterns repeating themselves time after time.

The girl should run, but apparently she is not quite that smart just yet.  Will she be the one that takes a bullet from him before she learns?  We just don't know--apparently he has yet another one on his hook. Take a peek here if you have a minute.

...Weintraub’s involvement in submitting the affidavit to the court raised the prospect that Scheibe had been “manipulated” or “coerced” into recanting.
The affidavit submitted by Scheibe is written in the first person, but the frequent use of legal jargon suggests it was not written by her alone. For example Ms. Scheibe, who is not an attorney, writes “I make this decision, freely, knowingly and voluntarily, without any intimidation or undue influences. Neither George Zimmerman nor anyone on his behalf has threatened me or coerced me or subjected me to any undue influences.” (Her affidavit, however, does not state that she has not been in contact with Zimmerman, despite the no contact order that was the condition of her bail.)

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/12/10/3043031/victims-rights-advocate-blasts-conduct-george-zimmermans-attorney-fears-girlfriends-safety/
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Thanks, Nan! You provided info I was looking for:

Smith says that Scheibe’s decision to recant her story and stop cooperating with the prosecutors is not uncommon in domestic violence situations. Even without her cooperation, prosecutors could move forward with the case if they believe they have enough evidence to get a conviction. Evidence still available to them includes the original 911 call, Scheibe’s original statements to the police and any physical evidence collected from Scheibe’s home, where the incident occurred. wrote:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/12/10/3043031/victims-rights-advocate-blasts-conduct-george-zimmermans-attorney-fears-girlfriends-safety/

Sadly, the above link gives an update:

Zimmerman will not face any charges. The state attorney said Wednesday that Sheibe’s affidavit, conflicting statements, and the lack of evidence or witnesses mean “there is no reasonable likelihood of successful prosecution.” wrote:
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:03 pm

From an August 8th entry:

Samuel Fuller is heading home from a grocery store with food. Two white police officers racially profile and follow him more than a mile to his neighborhood. There, Officer Brian McIntosh jumps out of the Jeep’s passenger seat and runs toward Fuller to harass him. He accuses Fuller of gambling in a game of street dice with two other men. The witnesses say McIntosh was wrong. Yes, six hours earlier, men had been throwing dice, but Fuller hadn’t been one of them. Fuller tells officer McIntosh, “I wasn’t gambling.” McIntosh demands Fuller empty his pockets. Fuller upends his front and back pockets to show he’s carrying only his ID, some small change and his cell phone. Witness, Chriskeesha Pierce, is so close Fuller tosses her his phone and asks her to call for help. Suddenly, McIntosh grabs Fuller’s arm “like he was going to break it” and jerks it around to Fuller’s back. Fuller startles, breaks free and begins to run down the street. The faster, officer McIntosh, chases Fuller. During flight, McIntosh pulls out his X-26 Taser gun. Officer J. Pillen yells at McIntosh to “ease up.” But, officer McIntosh ignores him. Now, only inches away, McIntosh shoots into Fuller’s head. Fifty thousand excruciating volts of electricity zap Fuller’s body into a freeze. With the full weight, speed and force of McIntosh crashing down onto him, Fuller dead drops. He hits and slides down nearly 10 feet of rough pavement…on his face. wrote:

Read more...
http://zimmermanverdict.net/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:09 am

George Zimmerman Gets His Guns Back, So Does Girlfriend

Dec 20, 2013 11:04am

Snipped:
-----
George Zimmerman has finally picked up his guns from police.

Zimmerman, 30, whose arsenal was confiscated in November following a domestic dispute with his girlfriend, picked up his four firearms, including a shotgun and an assault rifle from the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office in Sanford, Fla., this week.

He was eligible to retrieve the weapons since Dec. 11 when assault charges against him were dismissed.
-----

Read more:  http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/12/george-zimmerman-gets-his-guns-back-so-does-girlfriend/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:52 pm

They once again have put firearms back in a crazy persons hands. What are they waiting for? Maybe if it were someone close to them, they would give a damn then. Zimmerman is a tragedy on the way to happen again.

Any one of those marks against Zimmerman would have stopped the average person from getting a license.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Maybe Zimmerman and his girlfriend can have a street draw.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:51 pm

I like that idea Gizmo, and I hope the GF wins.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:19 am

Very interesting article ...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/cerabino-george-zimmermans-flag-painting-raises-al/ncRQB/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:37 am

I was not going to comment upon GZ's latest art work.
After a bit of thot, however, I decided to share with you my thots.

GZ is taking a page from Jodi Arias and trying to milk the system for more cash. (I had not heard he had any interest in art BEFORE the trial.He only had expressed an interest in money....)

GZ's latest art project depicts an interesting subject: Angela Corey, FL State Attorney, who GZ had expressed frustration and resentment toward.

In this art project, GZ is depicting Corey as having little respect for the court justice system.

The colors GZ has used are hot orangeish -red and yellow. Colors of anger.

Ok. IMO, GZ is trying to provoke a reaction which he may be able to use in further cases or further appeals of other cases. He is wanting Corey to compromise herself so she will either be disqualified or made to feel so uncomfortable she will be forced to step down. GZ is using his "freedom of speech" to criticize Corey almost to the point of slander; he is baiting her (and the justice system). And he is making money off the system.

I suspect GZ will next use his "freedom of speech" and will issue a painting of Trayvon .... or of Trayvon's family. And again, GZ will sell the painting.... to make money off the death of a young man GZ murdered.

I doubt GZ will ever return to normal employment.
I seriously doubt GZ is painting these works himself.... someone else is doing it and lending them to GZ for GZ' signature....Someone is getting a cut of the action.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1105927/george-zimmerman-painting-blasts-angela-corey-for-hating-free-press/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:02 am

George Zimmerman Goes Shepard Fairey For His Latest Piece of 'Art'

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 19 BeoPogSCIAAG_vr

Justice Calls
@CallsForJustice

Yet again George Zimmerman @therealgeorgez PLAGIARIZES,TRACES and PHOTOSHOPS painting. (Photo:Rick Wilson, AP)

7:51 PM - 22 Jan 2014

See more:

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-goes-shepard-fairey-latest-piece-39-032131672.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:58 pm

This is more interesting than I thought it would be.

You might have to click at the top right of the video to make that add disappear.  Then I think the video will play well.  (Sorry about that.)
-----

The Raw Story | George Zimmerman to CNN: ‘I was the victim’

By Scott Kaufman
Monday, February 17, 2014 11:42 EST

On CNN’s New Day, George Zimmerman responded to Chris Cuomo’s question about Trayvon Martin’s victim status by insisting, repeatedly, “I was the victim.”

“The victim was Trayvon Martin,” Cuomo said. “You know that.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/17/george-zimmerman-to-cnn-i-was-the-victim/

Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:48 am

Gawker . com | 4 VIDEOS | George Zimmerman: I'm "Absolutely" a Victim Like "Our Fallen Soldiers"
Adam Weinstein | ugggggh | Yesterday 1:42pm

He. Can't. Shut. Up. In a new interview today, we learn George Zimmerman "absolutely" thinks he's a victim, just like "our fallen soldiers"; that he doesn't defend himself against enemies he calls "dragons"; and that he's never been racist, is always armed, and is living "the most Christlike that I can."

See videos and read more:  http://gawker.com/george-zimmerman-im-absolutely-a-victim-like-our-f-1525067675/+aweinstein
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Nan11 wrote:
Gawker . com | 4 VIDEOS | George Zimmerman: I'm "Absolutely" a Victim Like "Our Fallen Soldiers"
Adam Weinstein | ugggggh | Yesterday 1:42pm

He. Can't. Shut. Up. In a new interview today, we learn George Zimmerman "absolutely" thinks he's a victim, just like "our fallen soldiers"; that he doesn't defend himself against enemies he calls "dragons"; and that he's never been racist, is always armed, and is living "the most Christlike that I can."

See videos and read more:  http://gawker.com/george-zimmerman-im-absolutely-a-victim-like-our-f-1525067675/+aweinstein

He is a walking time bomb, ready to explode at any minute. He will get his one day for sure.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Thursday, Feb 20, 2014 10:00 AM CST
Angry crowd runs George Zimmerman out of Miami

".....George Zimmerman reportedly received a small taste of vigilante justice on a recent beach trip in Miami. According to reports on (ever reliable news site) TMZ, Trayvon Martin’s killer was run off a beach when he was recognized by an angry crowd. Zimmerman, who had been in Miami to film a series of interviews and garner yet more undeserved platforms in the public eye, swiftly left the city following the incident. My hope is that the Miami mob set a precedent for how to treat Zimmerman henceforth. ...."

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/20/angry_crowd_runs_george_zimmerman_out_of_miami/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Angela Corey: George Zimmerman is no victim
By Hal Boedeker Staff writer

9:51 a.m. EST, February 20, 2014

" ... The woman who prosecuted George Zimmerman scoffs at his contention that he is a victim in his high-profile murder case.

"There was one victim in that case and that was Trayvon Martin," Angela Corey told CNN's Chris Cuomo in an interview that aired Thursday on "New Day." "He was legally the victim and he was factually the victim. So it's a little bit disconcerting to hear that
anyone else would be laying claim to that title...."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-guy/os-angela-corey-george-zimmerman-is-no-victim-20140220,0,1363869.post?track=rss
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:29 pm

In memory of Trayvon.  He should have had his 19th birthday on the 5th. Tomorrow will mark the 2nd anniversary of his shooting death.  I will continue to pray for justice, even if it has to come from a higher power.

Thanks to LLMPapa for the video.

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 19 B6r8nk
https://youtu.be/y9ziaSPNfI4
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:36 am

George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show

Over the course of six hours, fewer than 20 people at the New Orlando Gun Show asked for a free autograph or photo with Trayvon Martin’s reclusive killer, who was hanging out in a rear office of The Arms Room gun store in Orlando.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/florida-gun-show-featuring-george-zimmerman-forced-change-venues-article-1.1715052#ixzz2veYTpiro

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/10/george-zimmerman-signs-autographs-orlando-gun-show/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:59 pm

LMBO!
So he's not as popular in the gun world as he thought he was...That just cracks me up.
He's such a worthless POS.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:28 pm

One Wonders wrote:LMBO!
So he's not as popular in the gun world as he thought he was...That just cracks me up.

I can't believe what a publicity hound he is… I would be thanking the stars that I wasn't sent to jail as a murderer (which he is) and I would be keeping my head down and out of the limelight… but no GZ thinks he is a "STAR" and invents stuff to get back into the public eye.. what a dirtbag… really and someone was paid to protect his sorry A$$ … really???
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:22 pm

justanopinion wrote:
One Wonders wrote:LMBO!

I can't believe what a publicity hound he is… I would be thanking the stars that I wasn't sent to jail as a murderer (which he is) and I would be keeping my head down and out of the limelight… but no GZ thinks he is a "STAR" and invents stuff to get back into the public eye.. what a dirtbag… really and someone was paid to protect his sorry A$$ … really???
Same here justanopinion, I wouldn't be able to show my face ever again.
Ya know what's really scary to me? If he runs out of idea's for a quick and very large payday I wonder if he'd ever shoot another person to see if it would garner him the attention and cash he so craves and get away with it a second time? What do you think?
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by colsnipe Mon May 12, 2014 7:50 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2626478/George-Zimmermans-best-friend-changes-mind-decides-IS-racist-murderer.html

go to link. comp problems
colsnipe
colsnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue May 13, 2014 8:17 am

One Wonders wrote:
justanopinion wrote:

Ya know what's really scary to me? If he runs out of idea's for a quick and very large payday I wonder if he'd ever shoot another person to see if it would garner him the attention and cash he so craves and get away with it a second time? What do you think?

One Wonders, omg I never thought of that… yes I think he is potentially a problem… he is such a media hound. It started with the little attention grabbing stuff.. like speeding, then going and looking at more guns, then there was the new item about the new girlfriend, then the autograph stuff, and the wrestling stuff… he just doesn't seem to want to go away! He has had more than his 15 minutes of fame and people move on… I actually can see the potential of him doing something big to get back in the limelight… I hope that we are wrong!!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Wed May 14, 2014 11:50 am

justanopinion wrote:
One Wonders wrote:

One Wonders, omg I never thought of that… yes I think he is potentially a problem… he is such a media hound. It started with the little attention grabbing stuff.. like speeding, then going and looking at more guns, then there was the new item about the new girlfriend, then the autograph stuff, and the wrestling stuff… he just doesn't seem to want to go away! He has had more than his 15 minutes of fame and people move on… I actually can see the potential of him doing something big to get back in the limelight… I hope that we are wrong!!!
I agree...I don't want to see another innocent person die at his hands.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:35 am

bob kealing @bobkealingwesh     ·   3m 
Update: #zimmerman vs #nbc called. NBC attorneys arguing for summary judgement in GZ defamation suit. @WESH

bob kealing @bobkealingwesh     ·   32m  
Update: Judge Nelson calling other matters. #zimmerman libel case has not yet been called. No sign of plaintiff. Follow @WESH.

bob kealing @bobkealingwesh     ·   50m    
We're in court for #nbc motion to dismiss #GeorgeZimmerman liable suit against them. No sign of him so far. Follow @WESH for updates

https://twitter.com/bobkealingwesh

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:41 am

Hearing today in George Zimmerman's lawsuit against NBC

Zimmerman says NBC News deceptively edited his call reporting Trayvon Martin as suspicious

By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
9:21 a.m. EDT, June 19, 2014

SANFORD - George Zimmerman's lawsuit against NBC Universal, which alleges the media company defamed him by deceptively editing his call to police the night he shot Trayvon Martin, returns to court this morning in Sanford.

NBC has asked Circuit Judge Debra Nelson to dismiss the lawsuit. The hearing is set for 9:30 a.m.

Zimmerman filed suit in December 2012, accusing NBC News of "yellow journalism" in its editing of his Feb. 26, 2012, call to Sanford police, in which Zimmerman reported the Miami Gardens teen as suspicious.

~Snipped~

NBC has asked Nelson to dismiss the suit, and that request is set to be heard today. In court filings, the media company argued it "fairly and accurately reported about a news event that has captivated the nation."

Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder, but was acquitted at trial last year.

NBC is represented by Tampa law firm Thomas and LoCicero, the same firm that represents the Orlando Sentinel.

Read more:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-nbc-lawsuit-20140619,0,5211694.story

RELATED ARTICLE:

NBC seeks dismissal of Zimmerman suit over 911 tape edits

BY ERIK WEMPLE May 1

~Snipped~

Here’s a rundown of the argument from NBC Universal LLC as to why Zimmerman has no “viable” defamation claim ( Link to PDF):

* He’s a public figure: The way NBC tells it, Zimmerman was both a “limited purpose” public figure and an “involuntary” public figure when the NBC broadcasts at issue occurred. This contention is a critical point in the litigation, because defamation law gives news organizations significant protections when covering public figures. Most commonly, those protections apply to stories of full-fledged public figures like celebrities and politicians — any complaints from such folks who hold themselves out for public scrutiny must prove that the offending news organization acted with what’s known in legal circles as “actual malice”: That is, knowledge that the allegations were false or a reckless disregard in the matter.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2014/05/01/nbc-seeks-dismissal-of-zimmerman-suit-over-911-tape-edits/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 am

bob kealing @bobkealingwesh · 4m
Attorney for #nbc argues #TrayvonMartin death made #zimmerman public figure, protecting them from his defamation claim.@WESH

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:27 am

bob kealing @bobkealingwesh     ·   21m    
Judge defers ruling on NBC motion for summary judgement on #zimmerman defamation action.

bob kealing @bobkealingwesh     ·   35m    
Zimmerman atty argues GZ words took on more weight by #nbc  manipulating them to make it appear he was looking for Martin b/c  he was black.

bob kealing @bobkealingwesh     ·   42m    
Attorney for #zimmerman argues case should proceed, discovery evidence gathered. Public figure matter not appropriate argument now.@WESH

bob kealing @bobkealingwesh     ·   52m    
NBC argues #zimmerman must prove "actual malice" GZ not in Sanford courtroom. Criminal trial Judge Debra Nelson hearing this civil case.

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:08 pm

Florida judge weighs NBC libel lawsuit from acquitted killer

BY LETITIA STEIN
TAMPA Fla.  Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:08pm EDT

(Reuters) - A Florida judge heard arguments on Thursday about whether to dismiss a lawsuit brought by George Zimmerman, who was acquitted of murder last year after shooting an unarmed black teenager, in which he accuses NBC Universal of falsely portraying him as racist.

Judge Debra Nelson, who also presided over Zimmerman's trial for the murder of Trayvon Martin, did not make a final decision in the libel lawsuit and plans to do more research, according to a spokeswoman for Seminole County Circuit Court.

She threw out allegations relating to one of the several news broadcasts in question, saying Zimmerman had not properly notified the defendants in that specific case before filing his lawsuit.

Read more:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/19/us-usa-florida-zimmerman-idUSKBN0EU2Q420140619
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:05 am

Trouble posting with my mouse.
Each link provides a new piece of evidence....
One or more links report the store had been broken into a few weeks ago and had 14 guns stolen.... hmmm. So why is GZ hanging out around back? Why is he telling fibs to the local cops?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/07/29/george-zimmerman-pompano-pats-florida/13315441/

" ... The station reports Pompano Pat's offered Zimmerman a free gun just days after the conclusion of his murder trial last year....."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-zimmerman-providing-security-for-fla-gun-shop/

" ...To add to the weirdness, the owner of Pompano Pat's is Pat Johnson, who's running for Mayor of Deland. ...."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/missing-the-shooting-life

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:03 pm

George Zimmerman tries to revive NBC libel lawsuit

George Zimmerman files notice of appeal after judge throws out his libel lawsuit against NBC Universal.

By Danielle Haynes   |   July 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM

SANFORD, Fla., July 25 (UPI) --George Zimmerman, the Florida man who shot to death 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in 2012, appealed the ruling on a lawsuit he filed against NBC Universal for libel.
Zimmerman sued NBC, accusing the media giant of editing his 911 call the night he shot Martin to make him appear racist.

Circuit Judge Debra Nelson, sitting in Sanford, threw out the case in late June, saying Zimmerman couldn't prove the network acted with reckless disregard for the truth in its reporting on the case.

Read more:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/07/25/George-Zimmerman-tries-to-revive-NBC-libel-lawsuit/9461406327112/#ixzz390HqXY6b
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:13 pm

By Crimesider Staff / CBS/AP / June 30, 2014, 12:01 PM

George Zimmerman's lawsuit against NBC dismissed by judge

ORLANDO, Fla. - A Florida judge on Monday dismissed the defamation lawsuit filed by George Zimmerman against NBC and three reporters, saying the former neighborhood watch leader failed to show the network acted with malice.

Judge Debra Nelson said the malice standard was appropriate because Zimmerman became a public figure after he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford in February 2012, generating a national conversation about race and self-defense laws.

~Snipped~

Zimmerman "voluntarily injected his views into the public controversy surrounding race relations and public safety in Sanford and pursued a course of conduct that ultimately led to the death of Martin and the specific controversy surrounding it," said Nelson, who presided over Zimmerman's criminal trial last summer.

Read more:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-zimmermans-lawsuit-against-nbc-dismissed-by-judge/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next