Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30

+15
Julie
Alessandra_Deux
sitemama
Randie
18thcenturylady
CuriousPortlander
Weeziethm
Mylife101
justanopinion
glazier
tesstruhart
LottieM
Nene_Please
colsnipe
hello clarice
19 posters

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:26 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:Okay, my newly learned picture fetching and posting skills apparently don't work for this type of picture.  Can one of you talented folks fetch this and bring it over?

NO SHAME SANDY ARIAS begging !!

https://twitter.com/TrialDiariesJ

also posted on:

https://twitter.com/asing123

Here you go, Mylife:

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 CDUPoncUUAAPXKL

^^^Thank you for bringing that over, CP!!!^^^ Very Happy

I thought this to be important because I'm sure that our generous members here at RC will be anxious to "give generously - and soon - to allow the JAA Appellate Fund Ma and Pa Arias to take full advantage of this gift".

So, there you have it folks, give big and give often!!! LOL Laughing
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:29 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:"Two state paid appeals"???  I thought CMJA only got one.

"Wrongful conviction"?  Was she not paying attention in court?

At least she's somewhat acknowledging that the first appeals, however many there are, won't work...too bad, so sad.  Not.

BBM

I noticed that too.  Maybe it is one appeal for the M1 conviction and one appeal for the sentence.  That's a good question.  I'll bet AD knows.  AD???
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:"Two state paid appeals"???  I thought CMJA only got one.

"Wrongful conviction"?  Was she not paying attention in court?

At least she's somewhat acknowledging that the first appeals, however many there are, won't work...too bad, so sad.  Not.

BBM

I noticed that too.  Maybe it is one appeal for the M1 conviction and one appeal for the sentence.  That's a good question.  I'll bet AD knows.  AD???

I think I found the answer here:  http://www.dkwlawyers.com/articles/Arizona%20criminal%20appeal%20and%20PCR%20process.pdf

There's an appeal process, and a PCR  (post-conviction relief) process.  Appeal is for reviewing trial transcripts for errors that would have made a difference; PCR is for issues not litigated at trial (like new evidence, Ineffective Assistance of Counsel, etc.).  I guess both are paid by the state.

Great description at the link above.

Can you imagine how long it would take an appeals court to review the transcripts of these trials?  Laughing
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:56 pm

you guys probably already saw these?

and the ending we were all hoping for:

roflao
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:25 pm

Laughing Funny videos, Julie. Thanks for posting them.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:39 am

Mylife101 wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:

Here you go, Mylife:

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 CDUPoncUUAAPXKL

^^^Thank you for bringing that over, CP!!!^^^ Very Happy

I thought this to be important because I'm sure that our generous members here at RC will be anxious to "give generously - and soon - to allow the JAA Appellate Fund Ma and Pa Arias to take full advantage of this gift".

So, there you have it folks, give big and give often!!! LOL Laughing

I missed this! It certainly takes gall to again appeal for MORE funds!
They went thru the last funds like water thru a sieve.
Hope the IRS is paying attention!
Especially to the " secret donor" part...
I am curious as to the June 1, 2015 restitution hearing for the Alexander family.

BTW, I heard Travis' aunt from Indiana/Ohio ? address the court. She was the first to speak.
It must have set JA's jaw on edge to hear the aunt had been a manager of Starbucks! Probably had a lot of those strawberry frapps!
Poor JA... she will never get to have another one of those... Shocked
Hindsight, JA, hindsight.
Better to walk away at times...
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:02 am

Thanks, Julie. I had not seen some of those.

For those who want to see Spraycan's vids, you can find them at her library at youtube.
Some are serious and others not so much.
Here is the first to get you over there:

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:54 am

This is very short composite showing the trip and using JA's phone calls to Det Flores explaining her whereabouts on this 2800 mile trip. I am confused, however, when the narrator says JA bought TWO food orders at several different locations:

https://youtu.be/kBAi-ppxwOE

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:28 am

Freckles wrote:This is very short composite showing the trip and using JA's phone calls to Det Flores explaining her whereabouts on this 2800 mile trip. I am confused, however, when the narrator says JA bought TWO food orders at several  different locations:

https://youtu.be/kBAi-ppxwOE

@freckles,

The narrator says "makes two purchases" at In n Out Burger. I have done this before when ordering fast food because after paying for my original order I then decide I want an additional item and I have to pay a second time. The other times it is mentioned that JA makes "two purchases" are at gas stations. This could be due to filling the gas tank and then the gas cans. I'm not sure why she would fill any gas cans on the way home from Utah though??? Maybe she made a gas purchase and then went inside and purchased some snacks or a drink???
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:38 am

So, there you have it folks, give big and give often!!! LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:01 am

^^^bumped to practice picture posting.  Yes, CP, I just did this one wrong and figured out the right way to do it. Thank you.

Also, responding to Freckles:

Freckles wrote: "I missed this! It certainly takes gall to again appeal for MORE funds!
They went thru the last funds like water thru a sieve.
Hope the IRS is paying attention!
Especially to the " secret donor" part..."

BBM^^^

If they have indeed gone through all the funds raised in the JAA Appellate Fund then it would seem to contradict the purpose of the fund.  There have been NO appeals yet.  So, why would any previously raised JAA Appellate Fund funds have already been exhausted?  Hmm, if so, they have some explaining to do to their supporters. The plea for more money does not actually state that JAA appellate account is empty...it just asks for money.  So, who knows how much money they do or don't have?  It is hard to say with that bunch.  

Personally, I think that this is just a last ditch effort on the part of Momma Arias to collect a little more money while there is still a small JA audience still in attendance.  They know that JA is about to become/has become for the most part completely irrelevant now that she is in her new home, sweet home in Perryville.  I think that they probably know that there will never be enough money raised to fund private appeals but they want to ensure that there is enough pocket change raised to help them out and keep Stabby's canteen full.  JMO, of course.

So, I say they should call the fund what it really is.  

Any possible suggestions for a fund name???
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:57 am

Jodi Arias Reportedly Getting Special Treatment In Perryville Prison

"....It hasn’t even been a month and Jodi Arias has reportedly made herself right at home at Perryville prison in Goodyear, Arizona. According to ABC News 15, the convicted killer has been getting “special accommodations,” contrary to previous reports that claimed the killer is in a “hardcore” environment void of extra amenities. This news is probably going to anger those who are still fuming over the fact that the woman didn’t get the death penalty.

The Arizona Department of Corrections reportedly denies claims that Arias is getting special treatment due to her celebrity status while at Perryville. However, an inmate named Cristy Olivas claims she’s being given things that other prisoners don’t get — such as her own private rec room with carpeting and a television. Oliva’s sister spoke to the media about the inmate’s claims.

“The whole prison got shut down just for Jodi’s arrival and Jodi was greeted by everyone there, all the wardens, the officials, everybody. They’re saying she’s going to get her own rec room with carpet, and normally you don’t have carpet in there, and she has TV in the rec room and usually the TV only stays in your prison cell.”

A representative for the AZDOC admits that Jodi Arias has had access to her own private recreation area. However, they claim that this is standard protocol for maximum security prisoners — especially since Arias is reportedly under solitary confinement. Clearly if she’s in solitary she can’t be in the general rec room with the rest of the prison population....."

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2043548/jodi-arias-reportedly-getting-special-treatment-in-perryville-prison/#dShxTdqT1slGfRck.99
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:26 am

"....PHOENIX — She may not quite look like it, not anymore. (Time and prison can lay waste to comeliness.) But Betty Smithey is Jodi Arias — 50 years from now.

In 2012 Smithey, then 69, was released from prison in Arizona after having served 49 years for killing a 15-month-old girl she was babysitting back in 1963.

She was sentenced to life in prison. After nearly five decades behind bars, Gov. Jan Brewer granted her clemency and the state Board of Executive Clemency voted 4-1 to grant her "absolute discharge." Freedom.

Smithey knows better than anyone what Arias is facing.

"I never gave up hope," she said. "I came close a lot of times, but I didn't. I wouldn't let myself. Besides, to tell the truth, society didn't ask us to go out and commit a crime. We put ourselves in prison."....."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/26/freed-killer-betty-smithey-is-jodi-arias/26434005/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:51 pm

According to AZLawyer on WS, the state pays for the appeal, but she thinks they don't pay for the post-conviction relief except in death penalty cases.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:43 pm

I'm always the last to the party.
HOWEVER!!!
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 803492  Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 901969  Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 541830
CONGRATULATIONS CP FOR YOUR ADMIN POSTION
You will shine brightly as the Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 426766  (pretend its a star) you are.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:28 am

Thank you, One!  Your thoughts are much appreciated!

And you're welcome, Mylife.  Glad the comment I PM'ed you helped.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Fri May 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Wow, it really is over. Miss the lively chatter here. Maybe another case will spark some interest for me. Thanks for a great informative time ladies and gents.
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri May 08, 2015 9:55 pm

^^^^
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 308578

rocker

newspaper

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 839314
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat May 09, 2015 10:35 pm

Moosiesmama wrote:Wow, it really is over. Miss the lively chatter here. Maybe another case will spark some interest for me. Thanks for a great informative time ladies and gents.  

@ Moosie,
Yes, this was a very lively thread.  But, it was finally time for Jodi "move on with her life" as Sandy Arias so eloquently put it.  Colsnipe was so generous as to provide us with a cool little gadget (I'll bump it below) that allows us to keep track of how much time JA has spent in her fabulous new home at the Perryville Prison resort.  Heck, it must be almost as much fun as summer camp.  Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 755905 Dear Diary,...

A few of us have hopped over to the James Holmes trial.  It has proven to be more complex and interesting than I thought it would be.  We're only two weeks into it and it is expected to last about 4 months.  So, feel free to join us over there.  Anybody else found an interesting trial/story to follow?  Please do share...
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat May 09, 2015 10:39 pm

colsnipe wrote:

Bumping up thread!
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat May 09, 2015 11:27 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
colsnipe wrote:

Bumping up thread!
LOLL! Every time I see that ETERNAL clock ticking away I just smile and laugh!
JA may have thot she got rid of Travis but every day she spends in state custody is a reminder of exactly who won:
TRAVIS WON.

JA is forced now to put aside the rest of her life and think of him every morning, noon and night.
And while she is focusing on Travis, she will reach a point where she will remember how kind, patient, and generous he was with her'
she will be forced to remember all those trips they took together... and other ways he inspired her.
And then, in time, with a bitter-sweetness, she will realize her decisions to try to control him with stalking, theft of property, defamation of his character, false accusations, intrusions, slicing of tires, etc... all that led her to where she is today.
JA wanted to be in control of Travis but she could not control her own actions in such a manner as to bring her positive life reminders.

The visits by her friends and family will diminish as they continue on their pathways in their own lives making dreams and meeting goals.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 426766
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat May 09, 2015 11:46 pm

^^^Yes, JA has a very long, excruciatingly boring life in captivity ahead of her.  I continue to grow more and more satisfied that the LWOP sentence is the best sentence for JA.  She has about a snowball's chance in hell of getting LWOP overturned and she will not be able to torment TA's family with endless AZ funded appeals.  

And so it begins:

Dear Diary,
Nothing noteworthy to report today...

Dear Diary,
Nothing noteworthy to report this month...

Dear Diary,
Nothing noteworthy to report this year...
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun May 10, 2015 12:05 am

Mylife101 wrote:^^^Yes, JA has a very long, excruciatingly boring life in captivity ahead of her.  I continue to grow more and more satisfied that the LWOP sentence is the best sentence for JA.  She has about a snowball's chance in hell of getting LWOP overturned and she will not be able to torment TA's family with endless AZ funded appeals.  

And so it begins:

Dear Diary,
Nothing noteworthy to report today...

Dear Diary,
Nothing noteworthy to report this month...

Dear Diary,
Nothing noteworthy to report this year...

roflao  Priceless!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun May 10, 2015 12:12 am

I will second that !

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 88030
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun May 10, 2015 12:13 am

@Moosie - It is hard to believe this case is finally over.  Justice has finally been served for Travis.

And, as Mylife said, yes, please join us to follow the James Holmes case.  http://www.realitychatter.com/t4661p100-james-holmes-colorado-theater-murder-trial#253230

I had no interest in following it until One Wonders convinced me to do so.  I'm hooked now, and fascinated by this case.  The testimony of the movie goers is heartbreaking, but hearing how the police and first responders dealt with the situation is nothing but astonishing.  Now they are getting into the testimony of how they dealt with all the explosives and incendiary devices he rigged his apartment with.  I can't wait until they get into the psychology of his "mental illness".  It's the study of human behavior that fascinates me.

I hope you will join us over there!

Other cases coming up this summer:  Drew Peterson charged with murder-for-hire, the "hot car seat" case of Justin Ross Harris, and Aaron Hernandez's double murder trial.  None are scheduled yet, but should be soon.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun May 10, 2015 12:44 am

Two years later: A look back at the day Jodi Arias was found guilty

Updated May 8, 2015 - 2:21 pm

On this day, way back in 2013, the first jury found Jodi Arias guilty of first-degree felony murder.

...When the court announced a verdict had been reached, downtown Phoenix came alive. The jury had deliberated just over 15 hours, even though it seemed like a lot more than that (Note: Deliberation time was only counted when the entire jury was all together in one room, breaks were not included)! More people hurried over to the courthouse steps to join those already camped out to see what the commotion was about and all the red lights on the cameras turned on.

...When the guilty verdict was announced, there was a roar of victory from those outside the courthouse and those surrounding us on the HLN After Dark set.

... I personally had never seen a reaction like this from so many. It was as if I was at a football game and the hometown team had just made the winning touchdown to send them to the championship game.

Surreal. The level of hate and animosity towards Jodi Arias was akin to that for Casey Anthony.

Read more:  http://ktar.com/305/1832356/Two-years-later-A-look-back-at-the-day-Jodi-Arias-was-found-guilty
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon May 11, 2015 11:20 pm

Appeals Process and The Alexanders’ Wrongful Death Suit

May 6, 2015

I decided to put together a little blurb about what the appeals process entails for anyone who is curious, or for anyone who is just generally unfamiliar with the appeal process. I also included some information regarding the Alexander family’s wrongful death civil suit, for anyone who is interested.

Here is the general sequence of appellate procedure for criminal convictions:

...It’s safe to say that Jodi will lose on direct appeal. If she wants to, she can submit this appeal further along on the legal chain– to the Arizona Supreme Court– but they are even more stringent than the appellate courts, and they most likely will not even glance at her appeal.

...Suffice it to say that Jodi Arias will lose on post-conviction. There is no way that Judge Stephens will reverse her conviction. She spent two long years enduring Jodi’s bullshit- she knows Jodi well and what she is capable of.

...Once a verdict is rendered, (wrongful death cases take ~2 years usually) there will be a hearing to enforce judgment. There is going to be a gargantuan verdict, in range of OJ Simpson, because people hate her so much. The more hated you are, the bigger the verdict (OJ Simpson, the national mascot for wrongful death verdicts, had to pay over $30 million in damages).

The Alexander family’s attorneys will start investigating and seizing assets, piercing trusts, etc. They will be able to find any and all funds linked to Jodi, whether onshore or offshore, and seize them. If the trust/account is not in Jodi’s name, they will investigate to see if it is linked to Jodi in any way, and if so, they will take it.

...Also, anyone involved in hiding or protecting assets for Jodi could potentially be prosecuted under federal law.

Read much more:  https://justiceandretribution.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/appeals-process-the-alexanders-wrongful-death-suit/

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 am

5/11/2015   MOT - Motion - Party (001)  
NOTE: MOTION TO RESET RESTITUTION HEARING

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 D15bed3d-80b9-4041-a4f4-4034639dce8b
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue May 12, 2015 1:20 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Appeals Process and The Alexanders’ Wrongful Death Suit

May 6, 2015

I decided to put together a little blurb about what the appeals process entails for anyone who is curious, or for anyone who is just generally unfamiliar with the appeal process. I also included some information regarding the Alexander family’s wrongful death civil suit, for anyone who is interested.

Here is the general sequence of appellate procedure for criminal convictions:

...It’s safe to say that Jodi will lose on direct appeal. If she wants to, she can submit this appeal further along on the legal chain– to the Arizona Supreme Court– but they are even more stringent than the appellate courts, and they most likely will not even glance at her appeal.

...Suffice it to say that Jodi Arias will lose on post-conviction. There is no way that Judge Stephens will reverse her conviction. She spent two long years enduring Jodi’s bullshit- she knows Jodi well and what she is capable of.

...Once a verdict is rendered, (wrongful death cases take ~2 years usually) there will be a hearing to enforce judgment. There is going to be a gargantuan verdict, in range of OJ Simpson, because people hate her so much. The more hated you are, the bigger the verdict (OJ Simpson, the national mascot for wrongful death verdicts, had to pay over $30 million in damages).

The Alexander family’s attorneys will start investigating and seizing assets, piercing trusts, etc. They will be able to find any and all funds linked to Jodi, whether onshore or offshore, and seize them. If the trust/account is not in Jodi’s name, they will investigate to see if it is linked to Jodi in any way, and if so, they will take it.

...Also, anyone involved in hiding or protecting assets for Jodi could potentially be prosecuted under federal law.

Read much more:  https://justiceandretribution.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/appeals-process-the-alexanders-wrongful-death-suit/

Great find, CP. Good information.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue May 12, 2015 11:54 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:5/11/2015   MOT - Motion - Party (001)  

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 D15bed3d-80b9-4041-a4f4-4034639dce8b
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Why am I not surprised? crystal ball
Ask Alice's White Rabbit if anything ever started on time with this case?

Does JA now have new attys?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue May 12, 2015 2:56 pm

Freckles wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:5/11/2015   MOT - Motion - Party (001)  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why am I not surprised? crystal ball
Ask Alice's White Rabbit if anything ever started on time with this case?

Does JA now have new attys?

I just came across this at: https://twitter.com/courtchatter

Cathy @courtchatter  
 ·  44m 44 minutes ago  
#JodiArias appellate attorney Tennie b Martin. Representing the State, Atty-Joseph Maziarz.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 CE0wswKWoAAZP95
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue May 12, 2015 3:01 pm

I believe Jodi still has Willmott for the restitution hearing, but she's done after that.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue May 12, 2015 3:12 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
I believe Jodi still has Willmott for the restitution hearing, but she's done after that.

I believe that is correct. IIRC, at the sentencing JA agreed to be represented by counsel at the restitution hearing and will not be personally appearing.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue May 12, 2015 3:31 pm

So, who is the lucky appellate lawyer that gets to represent Jodi?  I searched Tennie B. Martin and this is what came up:

Tennie B. Martin
Maricopa Co. Off. of Legal Advocate
620 W Jackson St Ste 4015
Phoenix, Arizona(Maricopa Co.)
University University of Florida, B.S.B.A.
Law School Arizona State University, J.D.
Admitted 1995
ISLN 914628628
http://www.martindale.com/Tennie-B-Martin/53379-lawyer.htm

It appears that Ms. Tennie B. Martin is not just an appellate attorney, but also a C.P.A.:

TENNIE B. MARTIN, C.P.A.
3370 N Hayden Rd Ste 123-750
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Scottsdale Tax Attorney Tennie Martin
Tennie B. Martin, C.p.a. is tax attorney practice based in Scottsdale, AZ. Tennie B. Martin, C.p.a. can assist you with your IRS tax problems and planning needs.
http://www.taxbuzz.com/find-the-best-tax-attorney/arizona/scottsdale/tennie-martin

and this:

Tennie Martin is an attorney and certified public accountant practicing in Scottsdale, Arizona.

Certified public accountants' required training equips them with a broad understanding of America's tax system, making them a reliable source for tax preparation.

Attorney's have the ability to perform taxes for entities before the IRS, though they generally do not specialize in tax returns. Rather, most tax attorney's responsibilities lie in defending clients against alleged tax fraud. If you're keen on working with an attorney to perform your taxes, it would be in your interest to inquire about their experience with tax returns.

http://tax-preparers.findthebest.com/l/22701/Tennie-Martin

(So, it looks like JA got an appellant attorney that can also help her with her taxes)
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue May 12, 2015 3:46 pm

Apparently it is Wilmott that wanted the restitution hearing postponed.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_c3cedca8b471471485f2f7301500f068.pdf

Wilmott states that she has an unexpected conflict. She comments that it should not be a burdensome change for anyone since the Alexander's do not wish to attend.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue May 12, 2015 3:53 pm

@Mylife, thanks for the info on the appellate attorney and the motion to reset the hearing.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu May 14, 2015 10:50 am

I really hesitate to post this because I was feeling oh so gleeful at not having to think about JA anymore, however.... here you go!

I have my doubts as to whether this is really from Hodi's mouth because, after all, she is in a federal prison lock-down.  I'll just post it and leave it to each of you to digest....or NOT Very Happy

..pay particular attention to Nurmi's tweet at the end.   PRICELESS!

Jodi Arias appears to be enjoying prison life: Letter to supporters

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!Jodi-Arias-appears-to-be-enjoying-prison-life-Letter-to-supporters/c1oiw/5553d8800cf24874172f47ff
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Thu May 14, 2015 8:18 pm

Weezie, thanks, I thought it was a good knee slapper if nothing else. It did make me laugh cuz if she did write it she is lying through her teeth.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu May 14, 2015 10:46 pm

One Wonders wrote:Weezie, thanks, I thought it was a good knee slapper if nothing else. It did make me laugh cuz if she did write it she is lying through her teeth.

I agree.  The only truthful comment in there was "I'm really not worthy".  Bingo!  Yatzee!  Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 Smileys-winner-894883

Very Happy
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri May 15, 2015 4:09 pm

Weezie---
Thanks for the latest.
She is full of bs at this point.
IMO, she is only spouting off as she is trying to adjust to ... the rest of her future!
Counting the bars, JA? Count those days and months... and years.
They will not go past in a flash... and everyday you will be reminded of Travis...
You will wish you had done everything different.
You will realize he wasn't the problem you believed... YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
Travis was loved by many; you are despised by many.

"I'm not worthy" refers to her pandering to her followers and trying to keep them hanging on. There is nothing there. She is a user in the worst of ways. She has no remorse for killing Travis, etc., no compassion for her family struggling to be there for her, and she only feels for herself when she feels she isn't getting her way.

This is pandering and trying to say that which she believes will benefit her the most.
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 540129 Finger
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri May 15, 2015 4:22 pm

In regard to JA's letter to her "supporters": Yes indeed to each of your ^^^above comments. Pandering to keep them hanging on. Reporting a clean, white cell to take a dig at all that were excited to have JA isolated in a dingy, "Travis blue" cell. JA is desperately trying to stay relevant to those that she hopes will fund her appeals and keep her canteen account full.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri May 15, 2015 4:34 pm

Mylife

I am laughing at the mention of a "fresh" paint job in her cell! Right... they spruced it up just for her, right? Laughing If true, it will be the last time for the next 50 years...(Personally, I would prefer BLUE over a stark white room promised to drive you crazy. But, then again, if it is true, maybe it would be done to eliminate shadows and to make it easier to see into the cell... Slap some florescence into the paint and watch it come alive at night when a guard shines a flashlight into the cell. roflao
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri May 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
colsnipe wrote:

Bumping up thread!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri May 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Freckles wrote:Mylife

I am laughing at the mention of a "fresh" paint job in her cell! Right... they spruced it up just for her, right? Laughing If true, it will be the last time for the next 50 years...(Personally, I would prefer BLUE over a stark white room promised to drive you crazy. But, then again, if it is true, maybe it would be done to eliminate shadows and to make it easier to see into the cell... Slap some florescence into the paint and watch it come alive at night when a guard shines a flashlight into the cell. roflao

roflao roflao roflao
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon May 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Tweets from Troy Hayden

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10
· May 15
Bcse u asked: Just spoke to AZDOC Director on a dif story, but he confirmed what #jodiarias said in letter. Freshly painted cell. Not blue.

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10
· May 15
#JodiArias cell moved to a dif spot in Lumley because of "intelligence" gathered by DOC. They would not comment on nature of information.

https://twitter.com/troyhaydenfox10
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue May 19, 2015 1:49 pm

Jodi Arias Latest Updates: Alexander’s killer to have her new book?
Stays silent after receiving life imprisonment sentence

Read more: http://www.vcpost.com/articles/68225/20150519/jodi-arias-latest-updates-alexander-s-killer-new-book-stays.htm#ixzz3abkF6Yll

"....We can't say that her supporters are crazy. Perhaps, they have their own personal experience with domestic violence and that Arias' story matches with theirs. However, the killing per se shouldn't be tolerated. Most of her fans are too young and too gullible, they might think that slashing one's throat is fine as long as you are a victim of a so called 'domestic' abuse.

Because of the popularity of the case, there are some speculations that Jodi Arias' life will be told in another book. For sure, a lot of people would buy that regardless if they are supporters or not. If this will materialize, what would be the content of the manuscript? The danger is, Arias will have more funds now and others fear that she might use it to gain more supporters...."

Read more: http://www.vcpost.com/articles/68225/20150519/jodi-arias-latest-updates-alexander-s-killer-new-book-stays.htm#ixzz3abjuXnSh

IF there is a book written the Alexanders will have first dibs on the profits.
Not too bad, eh? IF any one will buy it, that is.
Personally, I will wait for the book to hit Dollar Tree... buy it for a buck and donate it to the local library for the annual book sale!

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 67673
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue May 19, 2015 2:48 pm

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ  
 ·  1h 1 hour ago  
This may be easier to read: letter from Perryville inmate Shawna Forde regarding #jodiarias

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 CFYoww3WMAE3CjL

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 CFYowwxWIAMeEvT

(Shawna Forde must be rather bored on Death Row)
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue May 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Freckles wrote:Jodi Arias Latest Updates: Alexander’s killer to have her new book?
Stays silent after receiving life imprisonment sentence

Read more: http://www.vcpost.com/articles/68225/20150519/jodi-arias-latest-updates-alexander-s-killer-new-book-stays.htm#ixzz3abkF6Yll

"....We can't say that her supporters are crazy. Perhaps, they have their own personal experience with domestic violence and that Arias' story matches with theirs. However, the killing per se shouldn't be tolerated. Most of her fans are too young and too gullible, they might think that slashing one's throat is fine as long as you are a victim of a so called 'domestic' abuse.

Because of the popularity of the case, there are some speculations that Jodi Arias' life will be told in another book. For sure, a lot of people would buy that regardless if they are supporters or not. If this will materialize, what would be the content of the manuscript? The danger is, Arias will have more funds now and others fear that she might use it to gain more supporters...."

Read more: http://www.vcpost.com/articles/68225/20150519/jodi-arias-latest-updates-alexander-s-killer-new-book-stays.htm#ixzz3abjuXnSh

IF there is a book written the Alexanders will have first dibs on the profits.
Not too bad, eh? IF any one will buy it, that is.
Personally, I will wait for the book to hit Dollar Tree... buy it for a buck and donate it to the local library for  the annual book sale!

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 67673

I really hope that there are no loop holes/money management techniques that would allow JA to profit from any books written about her.  That would stink.  Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 585626  

Freckles, you must have a stronger stomach than I do because  I don't think that I could stand to read a book from JA supporters or anyone in the Arias camp for any price...not even a dollar. LOL.  I would expect any such book to be more nauseating, delusional BS, outright lies, and an attempt to draw sympathy and new supporters for JA. Cell   

However, I would walk for miles and miles in knee deep snow, stand in a line that stretched farther than my eyes can see, in sub-zero temperatures, of course, without food or drink,  just to get my limited edition of a a book written by Juan Martinez or Esteban Flores! study  Oh, the stories JM and EF can tell us one day about the undisclosed evidence and behind the scenes antics in the Arias case.  Now that would be a real page-turner as opposed to an Arias camp stomach-turner.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue May 19, 2015 7:23 pm

Mylife101 wrote:From: https://twitter.com/TrialDiariesJ

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ  
 ·  1h 1 hour ago  
This may be easier to read: letter from Perryville inmate Shawna Forde regarding #jodiarias

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 CFYoww3WMAE3CjL

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 CFYowwxWIAMeEvT

(Shawna Forde must be rather bored on Death Row)

Forgive me for the skeptic I am...

Is there really a Shawna Forde in Perryville?
What did she do to earn this room and board?
The handwriting looks to be that of JA... but written with her RIGHT hand and intentionally adding a slant.
I will have to thumb back and check out her other penned work...
Syntax seems to be JA all the way but with a revers slant in the ideas communicated.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue May 19, 2015 7:55 pm

There really is a Shawna Forde on Arizona Death Row.  Apparently, she is denying her murders, but, Shawna Forde is really bad news.  A few articles on Forde follow:

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 16 Th?id=JN.i5l9qSsmXlLjNY%2bVlmluIg&pid=15

Shawna Forde Sentenced To Death For Double Murder In Arizona
 Posted:  03/09/2011 4:49 pm EST
~snipped~
 Shawna Forde, whom a jury convicted last week of murdering nine-year-old Brisenia Flores and her father, Raul Flores, was sentenced to death by an Arizona jury on Tuesday. The unanimous jury ruling is binding.

The court found that Forde led a group of anti-immigrant vigilantes in a March 2009 raid on the Flores home, where they posed as immigration agents and pushed their way through the door.

She and her accomplices, Albert Robert Gaxiola and Jason Eugene Bush, allegedly shot Raul Flores before turning their guns on Brisenia, who begged not to be shot. Gina Gonzalez, Brisenia's mother, played dead and survived the attack...
Read more:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/22/shawna-forde-sentenced-to-death-double-murder_n_826861.html

Border Vigilante Shawna Forde Sentenced to Death for Home Invasion
Feb. 22, 2011
~snipped~
Shawna Forde, a border vigilante, was sentenced to death today for the murders of a 9-year-old Arivaca, Ariz., girl and her father in a home invasion she orchestrated to rob the family.

The jury deliberated only a few hours before coming to the decision, but the one juror who spoke to reporters said the deliberations were difficult.

"We chose death because that's what seems fair," juror Angela Thomas told ABC affiliate KGUN-TV in Tucson.

"While Shawna Forde gets to delight in the picture of her brand new grandson, there's another person in this equation who never will. There's another person in this equation who'll never get to wear her first pair of high heels or have her first kiss or go to prom or graduation," Thomas said. "There's a little girl in this equation who's father won't be able to walk her down the aisle."

She said the trial, which included graphic, detailed testimony about how Raul "Junior" Flores, 29, and his young daughter were gunned down in their own home while Flores' wife, pretending to be dead, watched, was extremely painful...
Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/minutemen-vigilante-shawna-forde-sentenced-death-deadly-arizona/story?id=12976687

Shawna Forde is housed in the Lumley Unit at Perryville prison.  The same unit Jodi Arias is now housed in.  So, I suppose it is possible that it this was written by Shawna Forde.  As for the penmanship...similar...I'm not sure that it's the same as JA.  Any other opinions?
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next