Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07

+16
Trueblue
Gizmo711
ishi
Weeziethm
Nan11
snowbird
angiefly2
Hobnob
khintx
justanopinion
Poppy
Ann - Tx
Piper
FystyAngel
Justice4all
Julie
20 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07

Post by Nan11 Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Mirror News | Madeleine McCann: British man arrested in the hunt for missing girl

Suspect held in a swoop by Greater Manchester Police after the Sunday Mirror revealed that a man bragged about seeing Madeleine alive just weeks ago

By Simon Wright | 13 Oct 2013 08:48

Short VIDEO

{Snipped}

The suspect was held in a swoop by Greater Manchester Police after the Sunday Mirror last week revealed that a man bragged about seeing Madeleine alive just weeks ago.

A respected barrister told us the man boasted to him that he had met the child on a Mediterranean island. It was claimed Maddie was “introduced” to the man this summer.

It is understood that the Manchester officers who made the arrest also seized computers from a private address and sent them for forensic examination.

Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange team have been handed the barrister’s detailed statement, which is rated as “high up on the credibility scale”.

{Snipped}

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Madeleine-McCann-2365509

Read more:  http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-man-arrested-2366183
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:49 pm

From the above link (posted by Nan11):

"But a separate source close to the arrest said: “A guy at the party told the barrister he had been introduced to Madeleine on the island in the summer.

“The barrister took that to mean that she was with another adult at the time but doesn’t know who it was or anything about them.”

It is unclear whether the barrister was able to give officers the name of the man he spoke to at the party.

Police have not released any details about the man they have arrested.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said in a statement: “A man was arrested in September on suspicion of possession of drugs and conspiracy to distribute indecent images of children. He has been bailed pending further inquiries. An investigation is ongoing into this matter and it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-man-arrested-2366183

This story gets more confusing by the minute; was the man who was arrested "on suspicion of possession of drugs and conspiracy to distribute indecent images of children" the same man who talked to the barrister at a party about his alleged "introduction to Madeleine"?

Just wondering...
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:20 pm

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO MADELEINE MCCANN?

60 reasons which suggest that she was not abducted

By Tony Bennett M.A.

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Mccann3z

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Maddiebook2

ARTICLE:

http://www.cwporter.com/mccann.htm
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Wow. I learned a lot about how dogs are trained and used.

" ..
(e) Fifth, the McCanns said that any blood found in the flat (apparently found having oozed underneath the tiles in the living room behind the sofa and where the wall and the floor meet) might have come from Madeleine ‘grazing her leg when she boarded the plane’, or perhaps a nosebleed. These explanations seem highly unlikely, given the amount of blood that would be needed for a small amount to seep through the tiles. The ‘knee incident’ occurred elsewhere, the day their holiday began. Any light bleeding would surely have stopped well before they even got to Praia da Luz. In addition, it is hardly likely that blood from a graze on the knee would be located at the edge of a room where the wall joins the floor. Nosebleeds usually leave only a few spots of blood (if any) on flooring, being largely contained by clothing or a handkerchief or similar over the nose. It’s highly unlikely that Madeleine would have sat still while copious quantities of blood poured from her nose on to the tiled floor, right by the living room wall. ...."

Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:14 am

MSNBC TODAY | Madeleine McCann case: New images could be lead
October 14, 2013

The parents of Madeleine McCann will make a fresh appeal on British airwaves tonight for information on the 2007 disappearance of their daughter after detectives revealed new clues, including images of a man witnesses say was in the area and acting strangely. NBC’s Keir Simmons reports.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:25 am

BBC News | Madeleine McCann search: E-fit man 'was seen carrying child'

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 2everee Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Doqkut

"This is far from our only line of inquiry and there will be e-fits released of other sightings as well, who we are equally keen to trace.

"These people were seen on the day of Madeleine's disappearance and the days leading up to it."

Prime Minister David Cameron said he was "very pleased" Scotland Yard were doing this work, which the government was helping to fund.

"This was a crime that touched the heart of everyone in the country and everyone would like to see it resolved, so I hope Scotland Yard continue with their work and I wish them success," he said.

Read more and watch videos:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24513267

BBC News | Madeleine McCann inquiry timeline
4 October 2013 Last updated at 09:19 ET
Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13386785
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:52 pm

I just finished reading that entire article that AD posted.  So much information and analysis...and, yes, Freckles, the dogs!  Amazing their talents and ability to focus on minutes amount of evidence.  What I don't get is the amount of "protection" that the McCann's seemingly got from high up in the British government and even the Roman Catholic hierarchy, and the pressure to shut down basic investigation by Portugal authorities...boggles the mind. And now the release of the "suspect" after all this time.  

IMO, the answer lies in the 3 months of phone transcripts prior to the "disappearance", the Tapas 9 who have not spoken (except for the one woman), and the dogs.  Why are these people being protected??    
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi, Weez!
Yep and yep... I also wondered why the LE seem to be overly protective of the parents. Are they related to the Crown or something??? IMO, their behavior is highly suspect. Leaving the children alone REPEATEDLY while THEY party? Are they party-druggies or something? Trying to find their lost 20's? Not parenting quality. They would have fired a nanny for leaving her post for doing what they did!!!!!

I am hoping the phone transcripts are of use but I am fearful of a smoke screen.... Looking for a stand-in...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:25 pm

I just read this document too....very interesting....the parents have always bothered me for many reasons.

Here are the last pictures of her taken in Portugal mentioned in the article.

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTloy-BqmI7mN6AkTXZT7QE_yG0vBHK6ObVE8sKxt_6ITfDW0_d

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQj5aWzpeUDUtE2MXlpNsjVuUoPIXkSA9KWmepPTKOAElczYYyG

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDl-q6E4Ms6czIkKveRRpQ4Oal9DN8paT88C7P7QYTgtF_gNHq

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCKoGcOsDFAnOym1pPm8i8UajCDeQrxO2_9KmqpjuJXn6NAIL2wg

To my eye she does appear to look quite older than the picture the Mccann's used for her missing poster.

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPUOQgmHsx3xzTklEgWx0MdhVAxxBRA3YuF7f3fwwFxD1TJbS2
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:38 pm

from above document....Kate McCann was asked 48 questions by the Portugal police of which she answered NONE.  Of interest was question 41 which asked had you discussed or made plans for the legal care of Madeleine to be taken over by a relative?  Again, not answered.  Would have been nice to have seen those phone records three months prior to child "gone missing"....
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:29 pm

Nan11 wrote:BBC News | Madeleine McCann search: E-fit man 'was seen carrying child'

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 2everee Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Doqkut

"This is far from our only line of inquiry and there will be e-fits released of other sightings as well, who we are equally keen to trace.

"These people were seen on the day of Madeleine's disappearance and the days leading up to it."

Prime Minister David Cameron said he was "very pleased" Scotland Yard were doing this work, which the government was helping to fund.

"This was a crime that touched the heart of everyone in the country and everyone would like to see it resolved, so I hope Scotland Yard continue with their work and I wish them success," he said.

Read more:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13386785

Is it just me, or does this sketch look like Gerry McCann?

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Doqkut Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Kate%20McCann%20and%20Gerry%20McCann-1453565

Source of second photo:  http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1453565.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Kate%20McCann%20and%20Gerry%20McCann-1453565

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:29 pm

Weez-
Her hair is longer, too. I know hair is subjective as it grows and is cut, etc., but it appears the shorter hair has grown longer in the tennis ball pics. Besides, if the tennis ball pics were the last taken, then the other pics would have to have been taken at an earlier time....

Last edited by Freckles on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:31 pm

CP
Oh, wow. It sure does!  The thicker  and squarer face, however, is the one that most looks like him IMO. The mouth, the ears, the forehead and the eyes.  WOW!  Good eye you have!!!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:42 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Nan11 wrote:BBC News | Madeleine McCann search: E-fit man 'was seen carrying child'

Read more:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13386785

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Doqkut Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Kate%20McCann%20and%20Gerry%20McCann-1453565

Source of second photo:  http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1453565.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Kate%20McCann%20and%20Gerry%20McCann-1453565
Ummm yeah it sure looks like him! There was that one witness that has been ignored that claimed the man he saw carrying a child was Gerry McCann.....just saying.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Freckles wrote:Weez-
Her hair is longer, too. I know hair is subjective as it grows and is cut, etc., but it appears the shorter hair has grown longer in the tennis ball pics. Besides, if the tennis ball pics were the last taken, then the other pics would have to have been taken at an earlier time....
Supposedly the picture of her holding the tennis balls was just a few days before she disappeared and the picture of her sitting by the pool was taken on the day she disappeared. I am not a photographer nor do I know what different light will do to a picture but her hair appears darker to me in the picture taken a couple of days before than the one taken the day she disappeared...she also appears to have a bit of a sun kissed glow to her skin while she appears paler in the pool picture. I guess that may be the reason the author of that document stated many feel the pool picture was tampered with and she was added to the scene.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Here's another shot of McCann, in between the two sketches:

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Doqkut Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Mccann_280_373761aMadeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 2everee

Source of middle picture:  http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/madeleine/353146/Madeleine-McCann-Missing-Gerry-McCanns-ongoing-hope.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 pm

They both look like him!
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Interesting reading ...

The McCann’s & the Temple of Influence - ANOTHER Christmas Tale......

http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.com/2011/12/mccanns-temple-of-influence-another.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:04 pm

ishi wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:

Ummm yeah it sure looks like him! There was that one witness that has been ignored that claimed the man he saw carrying a child was Gerry McCann.....just saying.
That is the witness who saw a man carrying a child that resembled Madeleine. He was on vacation on Praia da Luz and was already home when he contacted the Portuguese Police and went back to Portugal to provide them with the information of what he had seen at the time of Maddie's "disappearance". When he returned to Ireland, he saw in the news a video of the McCanns getting out of a plane at East Midland Airport in England, when he saw Gerry McCann carrying one of the twins, he called the Portuguese Police to tell them that the man that he saw carrying a child on the beach at Praia da Luz was Gerry McCann.

This is a still picture of the video:

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 _44105624_gerry_pa_416

Source: BBC News
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:00 pm

McCanns v. Gonçalo Amaral: Libel Trial

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:18 am

Is Madeleine McCann suspect a red herring?

Las Vegas : NV : USA | Oct 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM PDT

Is Maddie somewhere in the Meditteranean? It's not entirely likely, but okay...

Madeleine McCann update: A British man has reportedly been arrested in connection to the missing girl's case, but is this nothing more than another road to nowhere in the ongoing investigation and search for answers? Keep in mind that every breaking update that this ongoing story has ever produced has led investigators nowhere -- and even though they have a suspect in custody doesn't mean that this is a person who is responsible for what might have happened to the little girl. However, the story being told is interesting indeed -- even if it does seem a bit like a shot in the dark.

Read more:  http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/15736729-is-madeleine-mccann-suspect-a-red-herring
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:44 am

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 101146431-maddie

Picture of Maddie from the above link (posted by CP).
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:49 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
ishi wrote:Ummm yeah it sure looks like him! There was that one witness that has been ignored that claimed the man he saw carrying a child was Gerry McCann.....just saying.
That is the witness who saw a man carrying a child that resembled Madeleine. He was on vacation on Praia da Luz and was already home when he contacted the Portuguese Police and went back to Portugal to provide them with the information of what he had seen at the time of Maddie's "disappearance". When he returned to Ireland, he saw in the news a video of the McCanns getting out of a plane at East Midland Airport in England, when he saw Gerry McCann carrying one of the twins, he called the Portuguese Police to tell them that the man that he saw carrying a child on the beach at Praia da Luz was Gerry McCann.

Thanks for this image, Alessandra.  This is even a closer match, IMO.

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 2everee Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Doqkut 
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:04 am

CP, you are very observant, the resemblance is uncanny.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:41 am

Could be that this person saw father and daughter together, but prior to the child missing. Seeing as the person didn't notify police immediately than I doubt that his story would be taken too seriously. Eye witnesses are wrong most of the time, that's why they are not considered credible.

I'm sure the father and mother were given poly graphs and past. Both parents were together having diner when the child came up missing, this was verified by friends they were dining with. I think the child was taken to be sold, I also believe that she is still alive. (I pray so anyway)

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:48 am

Paraphrased from the document AD posted yesterday....The Martin Smith description was of seeing a man on May 3 at 9:50 p.m. walking toward the beach with a 4 year old blonde child wearing pajamas.  He described the man as 34/35 y/o, short brown hair and between 5'9" and 5'11".  Claimed he was nearly certain it was Dr. Gerry McCann after seeing the TV coverage of Gerry carrying his son at airport later (and called police again).  

Another interesting point is that Gerry criticized Portuguese police after they released the initial description of the Jane Tanner "siting" by maintaining the height of the man should have been listed as 5'7" rather than 5'9".  Additionally, the McCann's and their agents never commented on the Smith testimony but made repeated use of Jane's unreliable claims to back up their alleged abduction theory.

I agree with everyone....the new sketch matches Gerry!  Hopefully the ball is now in somebody's court who can follow the evidence rather than the B.S.  
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:47 pm

I find it interesting Gerry appears to change his hair color.
At the time he was on holiday, his hair was a much lighter sandy brown; this is seen even in the airport pics where he is carrying his son. shortly after, however, his hair appears "au natural," a darker black or a brown black.

Is he doing this to try to throw witnesses and police off? Perhaps, a jury?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:14 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
ishi wrote:Ummm yeah it sure looks like him! There was that one witness that has been ignored that claimed the man he saw carrying a child was Gerry McCann.....just saying.

@Alessandra - Do you have a link to the video from which you captured this image?  I'd like to submit a tip with the comparison pictures, but need to be able to quote the source.  TIA!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:23 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:Could be that this person saw father and daughter together, but prior to the child missing.  Seeing as the person didn't notify police immediately than I doubt that his story would be taken too seriously.  Eye witnesses are wrong most of the time, that's why they are not considered credible.

I'm sure the father and mother were given poly graphs and past.  Both parents were together having diner when the child came up missing, this was verified by friends they were dining with. I think the child was taken to be sold, I also believe that she is still alive. (I pray so anyway)
Hi, Gizmo!

I don't think the parents ever took polygraph tests; per this article they originally offered to, but later refused.  Not sure if there's more recent info on this.

-----
Kate McCann has refused to take a lie detector test about her daughter Madeleine's disappearance, it was revealed yesterday.

She and husband Gerry had offered to undergo a polygraph examination in September, after they were made official suspects in the investigation.

But it has now emerged that they have refused an expert's offer to carry it out, because the results would not be admissible as evidence to a Portuguese court.
-----
(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-494765/Now-Kate-McCann-refuses-lie-detector-test-clear-name.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:07 pm

CP
The pic in question is from the story of the eye witness seeing the father as he disembarked from the plane on trip back to England. I read the story and got link from here, IIRC. Problem is I have read so many of the stories and could not tell you which link lead me there....

You might want to send AD a PM....she is organized!

Edited to add:
Near the bottom of story is the cropped pic taken of Gerry at plane. Will it work? It's a link!!!
http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.com/2011/12/mccanns-temple-of-influence-another.html

Last edited by Freckles on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Timeline and an assortment of sketches of possible suspect:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-files-timeline-evidence-2372091
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:24 pm

This sounds too much like alibi time!!!

"... 9.30pm

Kate stood up to go and check on the children but Matt Oldfield had done the same to check on his kids and offered to do it for her.

Would MO even know how many children, how many beds there were?
Did the twins share a bed?

Russell O’Brien also went to check his children.

Matt came back and said everything was fine.

Russell stayed at his apartment as his daughter was unwell.

At around 10pm Kate returns to the apartment and finds Madeleine is missing.
In Kate McCann's own words

Kate said: “So at 10 o’clock I got up to do the next check so I headed back to that apartment the usual route and I just stopped and listened in the living room for a bit.

"It was all quiet but it just caught my eye that the children’s door was quite far open and at that point I thought it must have been when Matt checked and he left it open.

"As I was just drawing it over it was like it had been caught by a draft and it just slammed shut.

"At that point really as I opened it a bit I kind of looked into the room and I guess I was looking at Madeleine’s bed and I couldn’t make her out and then I realised actually she’s not in that bed and I thought, ‘I wonder if she’s woken up and gone into our bed’.

"She wasn’t in our bed and that was the first time I guess you know when panic kicked in and it was literally at that point the curtains that were closed kind of whooshed and I could see that the window had been pushed right open and the shutters were up.... "

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-files-timeline-evidence-2372091
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Many links.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/madeleine%20mccann%20crimewatch%20appeal
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:33 pm

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown has followed this case extensively. She even wrote a book and also has a blog. I follow her on facebook and she recently wrote a blog entry that was quite interesting. I will link it for anyone interested.
Here are a few interesting links:

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2013/10/crimewatch-and-scotland-yard-team-up-to.html

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/audio/20131014s.mp3

(this link takes you to the Dana Pretzer show, Pat Brown talks about the case and what she knows about the case. The show starts off a little slow as they keep losing connection with Pat brown. It does get going after about 5 minutes,) Make sure the audio isn't muted, if it is just click on the audio button to the right on the audio player to unmute.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:15 pm

The 48 questions Kate McCann wouldn't answer - and the one she did

By Daily Mail Reporter  UPDATED: 05:31 EST, 5 August 2008

Snipped:
-----
During eleven hours of interrogation, Kate McCann refused to answer 48 specific questions.

Madeleine's mother, who was legally represented in the interview, stayed silent as police threw a series of loaded questions at her that made clear they thought she was involved in her daughter's disappearance.

She answered only once - when accused of harming the hunt for Madeleine by her silence.

These are the questions:

1. On May 3 2007, around 22:00, when you entered the apartment, what did you see? What did you do? Where did you look? What did you touch?

2.  Did you search inside the bedroom wardrobe? (she replied that she wouldn’t answer)

3. (shown 2 photographs of her bedroom wardrobe) Can you describe its contents?
-----

Read more:  www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/14535-madeleine-mccann-46.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Post 525:
http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/14535-madeleine-mccann-53.html

Below the questions (taken from BBC website) the questions Kate McCann refused to answer

On 3 May 2007 at around 2200, when you entered the apartment what did you see and do, where did you look, and what did you touch?

2 Did you look inside the wardrobe in the bedroom? She said she wouldn't answer.

3 (Shown two photographs of the wardrobe) Can you describe its contents?

4 Why had the curtain behind the sofa in front of the side window (a photograph of which was shown to her), been disturbed? Had someone passed behind this sofa?

5 How much time did you spend searching in the apartment after realising that your daughter Madeleine had disappeared?

6 Why did you say from the start that Madeleine had been abducted?

7 Assuming that Madeleine had been abducted, why did you leave the twins alone
at home to go to the Tapas to raise the alarm, not least because the supposed abductor could still be in the apartment?

8 Why did you not ask the twins at that moment what had happened to their sister, or why did you not ask them later?

9 When you raised the alarm in the Tapas what specific words were used?

10 What happened after raising the alarm at the Tapas?

11 Did you have a mobile phone with you at that moment?

12 Why did you go to warn your friends instead of shouting from the balcony?

13 Who contacted the authorities?

14 Who took part in the searches?

15 Did someone outside the group learn, in the moments that followed, of Madeleine's disappearance?

16 Did any neighbour offer you help after the alarm was raised about the disappearance?

17 What did the expression "we let her down" mean?

18 Did Jane tell you that she had seen a man carrying a child that night?

19 How were the authorities contacted and which police force was alerted?

20 During the searches after police arrived, in which places were Madeleine searched for, and in what way?

21 Why did the twins not wake up during the search or when they went upstairs?

22 Whom did you telephone after the discovery?

23 Did you call Sky News?

24 Did you know of any danger of calling the media alerting them of the abduction, since this could influence the abductor?

25 Did you request the presence of a priest?

26 In what way was the face of Madeleine, in photographs or by other means, released?

27 Is it true that during the search you remained seated on Madeleine's bed in your room without moving?

28 What was your behaviour like during that night?

29 Did you manage to sleep?

30 Before the trip to Portugal did you make a comment about a bad feeling or premonition about it?

31 What was Madeleine's behaviour like?

32 Did Madeleine suffer from any infirmity or take medication?

33 What was Madeleine's relationship like with her brother and sister, friends and fellow pupils?

34 Regarding your professional life, in how many hospitals and in which ones did you work?

35 What was your speciality as a doctor?

36 Do you work shifts in emergency wards or other departments?

37 Do you work in the daytime?

38 Why did you stop working at a certain point?

39 Is it true or not that the twins have difficulty falling asleep, that they are restless and that this upsets you?

40 Is it true or not that at certain times you felt desperate at your children's attitude and that this upsets you a lot?

41 Is it true or not that in England you went so far as thinking about handing over Madeleine to a relative to look after?

42 At home (in England) did you give medication to your children and what kind of medication?

43 (Various films had been shown to her of the inspection by forensic dogs, where one can see their signalling indications of the scent of a human corpse and traces of human blood as well as the comments by the expert overseeing the exercise.) Having seen the film and after the scent of a corpse was signalled in her bedroom near the wardrobe, and behind the sofa by the window in the sitting room, Kate McCann said she could not explain anything more than she already had.

44 She was asked about the sniffer dog that signalled human blood behind the above-mentioned sofa. She said she could not explain anything more than she already had.

45 She was asked about the scent of corpse which was signalled in the vehicle she hired about a month after the disappearance, with number plate 59-DA-27. She said she could not explain anything more than she already had.

46 When the presence of human blood was signalled in the boot of the same vehicle Kate McCann said she could not explain anything more than she already had.

47 Confronted with the result of the sample of Madeleine's DNA, whose analysis was carried out by a British laboratory, found behind the sofa and in the boot of the vehicle, as previously described, Kate McCann said she could not explain anything more than she already had.

48 Did you have any responsibility or involvement in the disappearance of your daughter Madeleine?

49 Are you aware that the fact of your not answering the questions put to you jeopardise the investigation that was aimed at finding out what happened to your daughter, she answered: "Yes, if the investigation thinks that."

50 Do you have anything to add? She said: "No."

51 Her lawyer was asked to comment. He said he had nothing to state or request.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:37 pm

Post 570

"Not really. The McCanns have friends in high places. Gerry had notions of running as a Labour candidate, I believe. Tony and Cherie Blair are acquaintances of theirs."

http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/14535-madeleine-mccann-57.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:54 pm

I have to wonder...
Maddy had cried for over an hour the night before...
could these "doctors" have medicated her to keep her quiet so they could have their "quality" time without the responsibility of uneasy children? Any possibility the child may have died of an accidental overdose? One parent dosed and the other, not knowing of spouse's doings, gives a second dose?

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:07 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:That is the witness who saw a man carrying a child that resembled Madeleine. He was on vacation on Praia da Luz and was already home when he contacted the Portuguese Police and went back to Portugal to provide them with the information of what he had seen at the time of Maddie's "disappearance". When he returned to Ireland, he saw in the news a video of the McCanns getting out of a plane at East Midland Airport in England, when he saw Gerry McCann carrying one of the twins, he called the Portuguese Police to tell them that the man that he saw carrying a child on the beach at Praia da Luz was Gerry McCann.

Hi CP,

@Alessandra - Do you have a link to the video from which you captured this image?  I'd like to submit a tip with the comparison pictures, but need to be able to quote the source.  TIA!
I didn't capture the image, I copied it from a British website, I don't have the link.

But there is a lot of infomation here:

The Smiths' Sighting

Madeleine McCann -- Missing 5/3/07 - Page 2 Picture234

Praia da Luz, 03 May 2007, just before 10:00pm

Read more:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Freckles wrote:I have to wonder...
Maddy had cried for over an hour the night before...
could these "doctors" have medicated her to keep her quiet so they could have their "quality" time without the responsibility of uneasy children? Any possibility the child may have died of an accidental overdose? One parent dosed and the other, not knowing of spouse's doings, gives a second dose?

That's what I've been thinking, especially with her comments about Maddy not waking up easily.  But it doesn't explain the blood found behind the sofa and in their rental car.  That's what puzzles me.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:Hi CP,

I didn't capture the image, I copied it from a British website, I don't have the link.

The Smiths' Sighting

Read more:

OK; thanks, Alessandra!  I've been reading on that website (so much info!), so thanks for the direct link.  I also found the interview they gave that day on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pepDNi7WSYs), but it's very grainy.  I'm combing through the archives on BBC News, as I know that video was taken on Sept. 9, 2007.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:Hi CP,

The Smiths' Sighting

Read more:

I found it!  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/6986122.stm  (photo #7)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:43 pm

@ CuriousPortlander

That's great! I'm glad you found it.

I have been looking for the news video where the Smiths saw the McCanns getting out of the plane and walking across the tarmac.

"Four months later, back in Ireland, the Smith family are watching TV. They see the McCanns return to the UK and observe Gerry McCann alight the aeroplane and walk across the tarmac with a sleeping Sean in his arms."
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:05 am

angiefly2 wrote:Criminal Profiler Pat Brown has followed this case extensively. She even wrote a book and also has a blog. I follow her on facebook and she recently wrote a blog entry that was quite interesting. I will link it for anyone interested.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2013/10/crimewatch-and-scotland-yard-team-up-to.html

(this link takes you to the Dana Pretzer show, Pat Brown talks about the case and what she knows about the case. The show starts off a little slow as they keep losing connection with Pat brown. It does get going after about 5 minutes,) Make sure the audio isn't muted, if it is just click on the audio button to the right on the audio player to unmute.
Pat Brown made some very interesting observations about the BBC's Crimewatch new findings in the Madeleine McCann case, the Scottland Yard investigation, and the reason why the e-fits were made public.

"Many think the e-fits looks just like Gerry; I don't think so. I think they had to make e-fits look similar enough because Mr. Smith said the guy looked like Gerry. But, the e-fits are just enough off for another man to be "found" that looks enough like Gerry to say it is understandable why Mr. Smith was confused. Of course, that Mr. Smith said the man looked like Gerry wasn't mentioned in the show so most people won't know, but later on, this can be addressed when it is necessary.

I think that man will surface just like the Jane Tanner suspect surfaced. At some point, we will hear that an innocent fellow who looks like Gerry came forward and said it was him with his daughter. Then, Gerry is completely exonerated and Scotland Yard will just have to find another suspect who was never seen."

Thank you, angiefly2!
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:56 am

@CuriousPortlander:

Thank you for posting the link to the video of the interview upon their arrival:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pepDNi7WSYs

They weren't answering media questions, Gerry McCann read a written statement that was prepared by his lawyer or by his PR person.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:16 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
angiefly2 wrote:Criminal Profiler Pat Brown has followed this case extensively. She even wrote a book and also has a blog. I follow her on facebook and she recently wrote a blog entry that was quite interesting. I will link it for anyone interested.

Pat Brown made some very interesting observations about the BBC's Crimewatch new findings in the Madeleine McCann case,  the Scottland Yard investigation, and the reason why the e-fits were made public.

"Many think the e-fits looks just like Gerry; I don't think so. I think they had to make e-fits look similar enough because Mr. Smith said the guy looked like Gerry. But, the e-fits are just enough off for another man to be "found" that looks enough like Gerry to say it is understandable why Mr. Smith was confused. Of course, that Mr. Smith said the man looked like Gerry wasn't mentioned in the show so most people won't know, but later on, this can be addressed when it is necessary.

I think that man will surface just like the Jane Tanner suspect surfaced. At some point, we will hear that an innocent fellow who looks like Gerry came forward and said it was him with his daughter. Then, Gerry is completely exonerated and Scotland Yard will just have to find another suspect who was never seen."

Thank you, angiefly2!
You are very welcome AD :) I read Pat Brown's book and I must say, she knows what she's talking about. If any of you can get the book from the library or buy it, you wont be disappointed.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:06 pm

I ran across the name David and Fiona Payne in reading Pat Brown's comments in the link that angiefly2 posted above.  Wanting to know more, I googled and found this article of testimony by a Dr Gaspar who previously vacationed with the McCann's.  Things that make you go hmmmm.  Not only the disturbing statements, but the fact that this was repressed by LE for months.

Gerry McCann David Payne Suspicions of Paedophilia
http://goodqualitywristbands.blogspot.com/2010/02/gerry-mccann-david-payne-suspicions-of.html

Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:08 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:Could be that this person saw father and daughter together, but prior to the child missing.  Seeing as the person didn't notify police immediately than I doubt that his story would be taken too seriously.  Eye witnesses are wrong most of the time, that's why they are not considered credible.

I'm sure the father and mother were given poly graphs and past.  Both parents were together having diner when the child came up missing, this was verified by friends they were dining with. I think the child was taken to be sold, I also believe that she is still alive. (I pray so anyway)
Hi, Gizmo!

I don't think the parents ever took polygraph tests; per this article they originally offered to, but later refused.  Not sure if there's more recent info on this.

-----
Kate McCann has refused to take a lie detector test about her daughter Madeleine's disappearance, it was revealed yesterday.

She and husband Gerry had offered to undergo a polygraph examination in September, after they were made official suspects in the investigation.

But it has now emerged that they have refused an expert's offer to carry it out, because the results would not be admissible as evidence to a Portuguese court.
-----
(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-494765/Now-Kate-McCann-refuses-lie-detector-test-clear-name.html

I will hold the hope that some one took the child because they wanted a child and that Madeline is still alive. I just cannot think of a parent, in a strange place, being able to dispose of a body so good that it was never found. As for them not taking a poly graph, it was most likely due to their attorney. They were made to feel like suspects therefore it is understandable that they would refuse a poly. LE always looks at the family first.

I blame them for leaving the children alone, and after the child coming up missing, would feel to blame for what ever happened to Madeline. Therefore it would have been advised by their attorney "not to take a poly". If they wanted to kill their child, I think they would have come up with a better way to do it. The guilt must be tremendous. I know what I would be going thru if I were in their shoes. Guilt could cause a person to fail a poly because they feel responsible for what happened. I'm just not ready to blame the parents at this point.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Weeziethm wrote:I ran across the name David and Fiona Payne in reading Pat Brown's comments in the link that angiefly2 posted above.  Wanting to know more, I googled and found this article of testimony by a Dr Gaspar who previously vacationed with the McCann's.  Things that make you go hmmmm.  Not only the disturbing statements, but the fact that this was repressed by LE for months.

Gerry McCann David Payne Suspicions of Paedophilia
http://goodqualitywristbands.blogspot.com/2010/02/gerry-mccann-david-payne-suspicions-of.html

Whoa.... from your source, Gaspar is reporting:

" ....I was sitting between Dave and Gerry whom I believe were both talking about Madeleine. I don’t remember the conversation in its entirety, but it seemed they were discussing a possible scenario. I remember Dave telling Gerry something like “she”, referring to Madeleine, “would do this”.

When he mentioned “this”, Dave was sucking on one of his fingers, pushing it in and out of his mouth, whilst with the other hand he circled his nipple, with a circulating movement over his clothes. This was done in a provocative manner there being an explicit insinuation in relation to what he was saying and doing.

I remember that I was shocked at this, and looked at Gerry, and also at Dave, to see their reactions. I looked around (page 4) to see “did anyone else hear this, or was it just me”. There was a nervous silence noted in the conversations of all the others and immediately afterwards everyone began talking again. ..."

"... I imagined that maybe he had visited Internet sites related to small children. In short, I thought that he might be interested in child pornography on the internet. ... "

--- Did the police recover any or all of the computers?

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next