Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judge denies Casey Anthony's defense for rehearing on key evidence

5 posters

Go down

Judge denies Casey Anthony's defense for rehearing on key evidence Empty Judge denies Casey Anthony's defense for rehearing on key evidence

Post by Julie Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Judge denies Casey Anthony's defense for rehearing on key evidence

Casey Anthony's defense wanted another hearing to have her statements tossed from trial.

By Amy Pavuk, Orlando Sentinel

5:02 p.m. EDT, March 25, 2011

The judge presiding over Casey Anthony's first-degree murder case on Friday denied an attempt by the defense to get a rehearing on a series of motions aimed at tossing key evidence from the trial.

In denying the motion, Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry did not address the defense's claims that he was biased and made errors in his earlier rulings.

Read more:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-perry-bias-rul20110325,0,3339772.story
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Judge denies Casey Anthony's defense for rehearing on key evidence Empty Re: Judge denies Casey Anthony's defense for rehearing on key evidence

Post by Justice4all Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:25 pm

Nothing the defense has tried has worked in terms of getting Casey's statements or key evidence against her tossed out. They know the only way to hold off her conviction is to delay her trial as long as possible.

They are grasping at straws, and this motion claiming that Judge Perry is biased looks like a desperate attempt to lay groundwork for future attempts to have him removed. Getting Judge Perry removed from this case would be like winning the lottery for the defense, and would probably postpone the trial for months. Fortunately, I don't thing Judge Perry will make the type of mistakes that would force him to be recused.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Judge denies Casey Anthony's defense for rehearing on key evidence Empty Re: Judge denies Casey Anthony's defense for rehearing on key evidence

Post by Justice4all Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:45 pm

In the following article, Bill Sheaffer compares the language in the motion against Judge Perry to the language in the motion against Judge Strickland before he stepped down.

Judge Denies Casey Anthony Motion For New Hearing

VIDEO REPORT: Perry Denies Defense Motion
MOTION: Claims Perry's Ruling Was Bias
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of March 24 Hearing

~Snipped~

"The language they employed is very close to the language they employed when they tried to get Strickland off the case and succeeded. It's that type of language we're seeing all over again," Sheaffer told WFTV.

Here's how it could happen. Now that the judge has refused to rehear whether Casey's statements to law enforcement and her family should be thrown out, the defense might ask the judge to recuse himself, or step down.

If the judge were to say no to that too, the defense could ask a higher court to delay the trial while a decision is made about the judge.

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/27325233/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:35 pm

Justice4all wrote:Nothing the defense has tried has worked in terms of getting Casey's statements or key evidence against her tossed out. They know the only way to hold off her conviction is to delay her trial as long as possible.

They are grasping at straws, and this motion claiming that Judge Perry is biased looks like a desperate attempt to lay groundwork for future attempts to have him removed. Getting Judge Perry removed from this case would be like winning the lottery for the defense, and would probably postpone the trial for months. Fortunately, I don't thing Judge Perry will make the type of mistakes that would force him to be recused.

I totally agree, J4A! They know Casey is toast and you're exactly right.......if all else fails - try to remove the judge! I am of the belief Strickland recusing himself was the best thing that could have happened in this case, so they did the prosecution a huge favor. I don't believe Judge Perry will let anything get in the way of a proper trial to see that justice is served for this murdered child.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:49 pm

If the defense wants to remove HHJP and HHJP refuses then the trial will be delayed until a higher court's ruling-hmmmm. The defense would like to think that that would take months. I don't think it would take but a few days. HHJP is too highly respected. Sure is alot of todo for an "innocent" person!
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Excellent point Sherry!
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:21 pm

I think if they do file a motion to have Judge Perry removed that the higher court will see right through it and the motion will be denied...There is no doubt in my mind that Casey has had more than her share of fairness...I can see her at the Pearly Gates whenever she leaves this plane and St.Peter has his say...Bet she will jump back more than 2 feet...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down