Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11

+24
vegret
Soprano1
Lash
glazier
Alessandra_Deux
Weeziethm
Hunters G-ma
Snaz
Chickenbutt
Freckles
angiefly2
justanopinion
nanshin
dqcaz
khintx
Nene_Please
snowbird
lostyou
KathyNY
Tamta
sitemama
Julie
Ann - Tx
Justice4all
28 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 Empty Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11

Post by Justice4all Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Toddler missing, possibly abducted

6:21 PM, Dec 17, 2011

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 Alya10

~Snipped~

20-month old Ayla Reynolds disappeared from her home at 29 Violette Avenue. She was last seen in her bed by a family member at around 10 Friday night. Her father called police just before 9 a.m. Saturday when he learned she was missing.

Read more: http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/182772/2/Toddler-missing-possibly-abducted

Last edited by Justice4all on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 Empty Re: Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11

Post by Justice4all Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Police Searching For Missing Waterville Toddler

Ayla Reynolds Reported Missing Saturday Morning

UPDATED: 6:36 pm EST December 17, 2011

~Snipped~

Ayla was last seen wearing a green one-piece pajama with polkadots and the words "Daddy's Princess" written on them.

She is 2 feet, 9 inches tall, and weighs approximately 30 pounds.

Ayla's left arm is in a sling and soft splint.

She has short, thin blonde hair.

Read more: http://www.wmtw.com/news/30021155/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Posted: 6:29 PM
Updated: 8:27 PM

The Portland Press Herald
Portland, Maine

UPDATE: Waterville toddler still missing; abduction feared
By Doug Harlow

WATERVILLE — Police are looking for a toddler who vanished from her bed sometime late Friday or early Saturday, and say it’s possible she was abducted.

Ayla Reynolds, 20 months old, was wearing a soft cast from a broken arm and last seen sleeping in her bed at about 10 p.m. Friday. Her father reported her missing Saturday at 8:51 a.m. when he found an empty bed.

Read more:

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Waterville-toddler-missing.html

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 Map2
Map showing the location of 29 Violette Ave. in Waterville

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Seems a little too similar to all the rest, and the broken arm makes me shifty .
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:23 am

Alya Reynolds is now listed with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children as Endangered Missing.

If any one knows how to do a screen shot, please do one of her poster. Thanks!
~~~~~

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 NCMC1185956c1

AYLA REYNOLDS

Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Apr 4, 2010 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Dec 16, 2011

Read more and view Poster:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&LanguageCountry=en_US&searchLang=en_US&caseLang=en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1185956&seqNum=1
Natonal Center for Missing & Exploited Children - Alya Reynolds
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:59 am

I posted the following on The Hinky Meter:

This article posted not long ago. Has more info.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Waterville-toddler-missing.html
The Portland Press Herald Portland, Maine Posted: 6:29 PM Updated: 8:27 PM

UPDATE: Waterville toddler still missing; abduction feared
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the above article (click on above Link):

> Alya was last seen in her bed by a family member around 10 p.m. Friday.

> Her father called 911 at 8:51 a.m. Saturday to report her missing.

> Alya is 20 months old and her left arm is in a sling and soft splint. LE believe there is nothing suspicious about the broken arm, which was suffered in an accident several weeks ago.

> Alya's mother does not live in the home where Alya went missing.

> Police are not releasing the name of the parents.
________

I find it strange that a toddler is put to bed at 10 p.m. and no one checked on her until some time before 9 a.m. Saturday. Since it is cold, I would think some one would have at least checked early in the morning to make sure she did not kick her blanket off. Or just check on her.

ellejay, I think it is very strange that LE are not releasing the name of her parents.

The mother does not live in the home. I wonder if the father has custody of Alya, joint custody, or was Alya on a visitation with the father.

As of now, I have not been able to find an article that states if there was an indication of a forced entry into the home.

Perhaps later today more details will be released. Send Kathi Belich (WFTV) to Maine!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:05 am

I'm trying to keep an open mind and look at this case on it's own merits, but I can't help but notice the similarities to other cases. It seems to be a pretty common theme for parents of missing infants or toddlers to claim they discovered their child missing after putting them to bed and then not checking on them for over 10 hours.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:03 am

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:04 am

Press conference today on missing toddler

By Doug Harlow
12/18/11

WATERVILE — Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey will host a press conference at 2 p.m. today in the Waterville City Council Chambers regarding the disappearance of 20-month-old child Ayla Reynolds.

The Council Chambers can be reached through the Police Department main entrance on Front Street in downtown Waterville.

No requests for interviews or information will be released prior to the press conference, Massey said.

Read more: http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Press-conference-today-on-missing-toddler.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:46 pm

https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Ayla?sk=wall
facebook.com - Find Ayla Reynolds Missing Since 12/16/2011 From Waterville, Maine
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Police Search for Maine Toddler Last Seen at Bedtime Friday

By KATTI GRAY
Dec. 18, 2011

Police in Maine turned to the public for help today after local, state and federal law enforcement officials came up empty in their search for a 20-month-old girl whose father told police he last saw her when he put her to bed at 8 p.m. Friday.

"It was imperative for us to bring together all the resources we could, as quickly as we could, to find her," Waterville Police Department Chief Joseph Massey said today, adding that local fire officials have assisted in the search.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-search-missing-maine-toddler-ayla-reynolds/story?id=15184069
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:Alya Reynolds is now listed with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children as Endangered Missing.

If any one knows how to do a screen shot, please do one of her poster. Thanks!
Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 Ayla12
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Justice, thank you!

I think it is nice when a missing child has the National Center Missing & Exploited Children Poster or info on their thread.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:08 am

Why didn't he check on her again before he went to bed? I don't understand that! I always checked on my kids when I started off to bed.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:27 am

Toddler Ayla Reynolds remains subject of search in Maine by local and state police and the FBI

12/18/2011 9:51 PM

By Matt Rocheleau, Globe Correspondent
Boston.com - Boston, MA

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 Missing%20Toddler.JPEG-08cd4

The FBI along with state and city police are continuing their search for a 20-month-old girl who was last seen asleep in her bed at her Waterville, Maine home Friday night.

Ayla Reynolds, was reported missing by her father who called local police Saturday morning, the Associated Press.

Read more:

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrodesk/2011/12/toddler-ayla-reynolds-remains-subject-search-maine-local-and-state-police-and-the-fbi/U5p2p4jLDlZnQeFf2SA4SL/index.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:33 am

sitemama wrote:Why didn't he check on her again before he went to bed? I don't understand that! I always checked on my kids when I started off to bed.
sitemama, per the article Justice4All posted, now the timeline has changed. It is being reported that the last time Alya was seen is 8 p.m. versus 10 p.m. as initially reported.

It was almost 12 hours before any one checked on Alya. Certainly they would have at least checked to see if she needed a diaper change. I assume she was still in diapers. If not, I don't think she could go almost 12 hours without having to potty.

I wonder if that was her normal routine. Go about 12 hours without any one checking on her.

She has a broken arm and it is cold. Although I would assume they have heat, I would think she slept with a blanket. What if she kicked the blanket off while she slept? What if she soiled her diaper? I would think some one would check to see if she is okay with the broken arm, covered, diaper change or whatever!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:27 am

Informative article. Info about the mother and father. Alya was taken from the mother in October per this article. Mother is not living at a permanent address. Living at a motel with her 9 month old son.
~~~~~~~~

December 18, 2011

Search for missing toddler continues
The FBI has been called in to assist state and local police and the Maine Warden Service in the search for 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds.

By Doug Harlow, Staff Writer
and John Richardson - Staff Writer
The Kennebec Journal - Kennebec, Maine

WATERVILLE — Search parties combed a Waterville neighborhood Sunday, but as evening fell they still had not found a found a 20-month-old girl reported missing Saturday morning.

Ayla Reynolds, dressed only in pajamas and wearing a soft cast from a broken arm, was last seen sleeping in her bed at 8 p.m. Friday, Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey told reporters at a news conference Sunday afternoon. The FBI has been called in to assist state and local police and the Maine Warden Service in the search.

Read more:

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Press-conference-today-on-missing-toddler.html

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 Missingtot%203
photo by David Leaming
COMMAND: Waterville Fire Chief Dave LaFountain,
center, direct firefighters before an extensive
search Sunday for missing 20-month-old Ayla
Reynolds near her home on Violette Avenue in Waterville.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:40 am

I still peek into my kids rooms on my way to bed. If 11 yo has his door closed all the way though, I don't. I learned the hard way when they were small not to turn door knobs, step on a creak, or do anything else that would make the tiniest sound. The last thing you want, esp with a small child, is for them to wake up, and be wide awake awe when you are going to bed. If they wake up, or if they even see you, they think it's time to play for 10 hours. But, I would at least peek from the doorway. At that age, 20 months, if they needed a diaper change in the middle of the night, they would let me know. They would wake up and fuss to be changed. I did not go in and rummage around in their pjs to find out. If it was winter and they kicked their blankets off, I would go in and cover them back up, and on my way out the door, they would kick them back off. Must've been those extra warm pjs. So eventually I just assumed that as long as they were asleep, and quiet, all was well with them. But I always did and still do peek from the doorway, mostly to make sure everything is ok, and that they are still there!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Maine Toddler Ayla Reynolds Disappeared From Home

video platform
video management
video solutions
video player

Missing Toddler Ayla's Mother Speaks Out

video platform
video management
video solutions
video player
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:00 pm

Missing Maine Toddler: Mother Sought Full Custody Day Prior to Disappearance

By KEVIN DOLAK and KATTTI GRAY
Dec. 19, 2011

The mother of the Maine baby who went missing from her crib revealed she had filed to receive full custody of the girl just prior to her disappearance from her father's home.

Trista Reynolds says she filed paperwork Thursday to receive full custody of her daughter Ayla Bell Reynolds -- one day before the tot went missing -- but says she had not told the girl's father.

"Her father had no idea. He didn't know I went to file … he'll know now, but I never told him and no one told him," she said.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-maine-toddler-mother-sought-full-custody-day/story?id=15186552
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Missing Maine girl's relatives feared for her

Monday December 19, 2011, 4:44 PM
BY GLENN ADAMS
ASSOCIATED PRESS

WATERVILLE, Maine — Relatives of a woman whose toddler is the subject of an intensive search said Monday that they feared for the girl's safety while she was staying with her father, who was caring for the child when she disappeared.

Twenty-month-old Ayla Reynolds was reported missing Saturday morning by her father, Justin DiPietro, who called police to say she was not in her bed in Waterville.

Whitney Raynor, her mother's stepsister, said Monday that welfare agents had placed Ayla with her father in November while the mother was in rehab for substance abuse. The girl had bruises after being in her father's care, Raynor said, in addition to a broken arm three weeks ago.

Read more: http://www.northjersey.com/news/national/121911_Missing_Maine_girls_relatives_feared_for_her.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:43 pm

NG is still so annoying. Every child in the world is modeled after her precious twins. She said it twice now, she never heard of a 20 month old sleeping through the night without needing a bottle or a diaper change, etc.

bounce bounce bounce

Look over here, Nancy! All three of mine did it! They always slept through the night. All children in the world aren't John David and Little Lucy.

My first son slept 10 hours, through the night, at 18 days!!! tongue

NG drives me nuts! Now I remember why I stopped watching her.

Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:11 pm

She drives me nuts sometimes too, but I still like to watch when a case is new. Did you notice that Trista said Ayla was sleeping in a toddler bed at her father's house, and then Nancy came back from the break and said something about Ayla disappearing from her crib. Nancy also kept saying that Trista went to court the day before Ayla went missing even though Trista had explained to her that she only filed paperwork.

Regarding the broken arm, Trista said that Ayla's father, Justin Dipietro, said he fell on Ayla going up the stairs and that's how she broke her arm. Trista also said that Justin waited 24 hours before taking Ayla to the emergency room.

Another interesting things that Trista said was that another toddler two months younger than Ayla was sleeping in the same room with Ayla at Justin's house. If that's true, it's hard to imagine that 12 hours went by with nobody going in that room to check on either child.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:16 pm

I noticed all that. Nancy only hears what she wants to hear.

It is hard to believe that nobody checked on her/them, at least from the doorway of their room. As I said earlier, I learned the hard way, don't go in the room unless absolutely necessary. Accidentally waking a toddler, they think it's playtime.

Also with two toddlers so close in age in the room at the same time, that's like twins sharing a room. One tends to wake the other one up, so they seem like they don't sleep as long or through the night as often as one toddler in a room by themself. But I'm sure NG's experience is totally opposite of that. She said she gets freaked out if she doesn't hear from her 4 year olds by 2 or 3 am. Huh?

Did you notice Nancy started out calling Ayla what sounded like Ila?
Just like Caylee always sounded like Kylee.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:47 pm

I did notice that Julie. It sounds like she has trouble with the long A sound or maybe it's part of a regional accent from whatever part of the country she grew up in.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Maybe. I'm going to pay more attention next time she says her own name, see if she says Nancy Grice.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Ayla Reynolds’ dad, Justin DiPietro: ‘I have no idea what happened to Ayla’
20-month-old went missing from her bed at father’s home in Maine

BY Larry Mcshane
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS - NY

Wednesday, December 21 2011, 1:24 PM

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 Image
David Leaming/AP
Maine State Police Det. Christopher Tupper (l.) and Waterville Det. Lincoln Ryder (r.)
question Justin DiPietro (2nd from l.) after he arrived at his home in Waterville.

The father of a missing 20-month-old Maine girl says he’s not responsible for her disappearance in the hours after he put the baby to bed last week.

The increasingly-desperate search for little Ayla Reynolds continued Wednesday, with investigators following more than 100 leads provided by the public in the perplexing case.

Read more:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ayla-reynolds-dad-justin-dipietro-i-idea-happened-ayla-article-1.994898?localLinksEnabled=false

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:56 pm

Search for Ayla Reynolds is now a criminal investigation

Updated: Friday, 30 Dec 2011, 10:19 PM EST
Published : Friday, 30 Dec 2011, 8:08 PM EST

Search for Ayla Reynolds is now a criminal investigation: MyFoxBOSTON.com

WATERVILLE, ME (FOX 25/ MyFoxBoston.com) - Waterville Police announced on Friday that they believe foul play occurred in connection with the disappearance of missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds.

snipped:

Authorities did not disclose what developments prompted the criminal probe. However, the news comes after a forensic team returned to the residence of Ayla’s father, Justin Dipietro where investigators focused on a shed in the backyard.

Read more:
http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/search-for-ayla-reynolds-is-now-a-criminal-investigation-20111230#ixzz1iAs2xKxN
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Waterville Police Chief's Full Statement Regarding New Developments In Ayla Reynold's Case

by Lauren Morrison - December 30th 2011 10:33pm - Read more Local News

Waterville - In a press release received just minutes ago, Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey says,

"Two full weeks have passed since Ayla Reynolds was reported missing from her home at 29 Violette Avenue in our city. Since receiving the initial report, investigators and searchers have spent many thousands of hours looking for Ayla, and gathering and evaluating evidence which we believe will ultimately result in the successful conclusion of this investigation.

At this point, we believe that foul play has occurred in connection with Ayla's disappearance. We base our conclusions on evidence gathered by investigators during the past two weeks.

Read more:
http://www.wabi.tv/news/26416/waterville-police-chiefs-full-statement-regarding-new-developments-in-ayla-reynolds-case
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Divers search icy river for Maine tot gone 3 weeks

GLENN ADAMS Associated Press Published: January 12, 2012 10:42AM

WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) -- Divers searched a half-mile stretch of an icy river without finding any sign of a toddler who's been missing for more than three weeks, and authorities said they're continuing to aggressively investigate the hundreds of leads that have poured in from across the country.

Read more:
http://www.daily-jeff.com/latest%20headlines/2012/01/12/divers-search-icy-river-for-maine-tot-gone-3-weeks
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Posted: 5:30 PM
Updated: 5:37 PM

Ayla's father took polygraph exam

Ben McCanna / Morning Sentinel Staff Writer

WATERVILLE — The father of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds took a polygraph exam shortly after she disappeared, but neither he nor the police will say how he did.

It was four weeks ago Saturday that Justin DiPietro reported his 21-month-old missing.

“I asked for a polygraph on day one,” DiPietro said today during an interview with the Morning Sentinel. “I’ve taken one, and the results, I was never allowed to see them. It’s something you’re going to have to ask law enforcement about.”

DiPietro, 24, was told how he did on the test, Steve McCausland, spokesman for the Department of Public Safety, said. He said he was baffled by DiPietro’s statement that he didn’t know the results.

“He knows how he did, because we told him,” McCausland said. “To say that he didn’t know, is just not true.”

Read more:
http://www.kjonline.com/news/Missing-toddlers-father-took-polygraph-exam.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:24 am

DiPietro, 24, was told how he did on the test, Steve McCausland, spokesman for the Department of Public Safety, said. He said he was baffled by DiPietro’s statement that he didn’t know the results.

“He knows how he did, because we told him,” McCausland said. “To say that he didn’t know, is just not true.”
I think this tells us how he did.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Mother to take polygraph test in case of missing Ayla Reynolds

By Christopher Cousins, BDN Staff
Posted Jan. 16, 2012, at 3:24 p.m.

PORTLAND, Maine — The mother of Ayla Reynolds said reports last week that Ayla’s father, Justin DiPietro, took a polygraph test administered by investigators has heightened her doubt about whether DiPietro is telling the truth. Trista Reynolds also said she and others in her family are arranging with investigators to take their own polygraph tests.

Reynolds told the Bangor Daily News on Monday that DiPietro’s statements to the media, as well as the fact that he won’t communicate with her in recent days, are pushing her toward the belief that he knows more about Ayla’s disappearance than he has said so far. She said she exchanged a few text messages with DiPietro while her son Raymond was hospitalized recently with an illness but that he stopped responding more than a week ago.

Read more: http://bangordailynews.com/2012/01/16/news/state/mother-to-take-polygraph-test-in-case-of-missing-ayla-reynolds/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:57 pm

New website offers fresh details on Ayla

BY BEN MCCANNA Staff Writer
Posted: January 21

WATERVILLE -- A new website dedicated to 21-month-old Ayla Reynolds offers fresh details about the day the toddler was reported missing more than a month ago, describing "instant panic" as people awoke to find the toddler had vanished from her bedroom.

The site also says that Justin DiPietro was unaware he was Ayla's father until she was 7 months old.

The website, www.thislittlelightofmaine.com, was launched this week by Angela Harry, a blogger and friend of DiPietro. She said she hopes it will raise awareness of the toddler's disappearance. Harry, 36, lives in Washington, D.C., but used to live in Maine. She has known DiPietro since he was 8 years old, she said.

Harry said she has kept in touch with DiPietro over the years, and they have spoken on the phone nearly every day since Dec. 17 -- the day Ayla was reported missing from her Violette Avenue home. DiPietro could not be reached Friday for comment.

Read more: http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/new-website-offers-fresh-details-on-ayla_2012-01-20.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Ayla Reynolds Case: Blood Found in Home Belongs to Missing Girl

By KEVIN DOLAK and KATTI GRAY
Jan. 30, 2012

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Blood discovered in the home of the father of missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds did come from the girl and was "more blood than a small cut would produce," the girl's family says investigators told them.

The family of the missing girl posted on the website set up to help find the 20-month-old on Sunday, sharing the details that investigators told them about the scene where the tot disappeared from her crib in December.

"What [police] were unwilling to confirm to the press, but left to our discretion, is that it has already been determined to be Ayla's blood," the statement said. "Even in light of this evidence we are more determined than ever to find out what has happened to Ayla and we still cling to the hope that she is alive and will be returned to us. We urge anyone that has information about Ayla to come forward now and unburden yourself of the truth."

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/ayla-reynolds-case-blood-found-home-belongs-missing/story?id=15469396
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Police Believe Ayla Reynolds Is Dead

Ayla Reynolds Blood Found, Police Say

Michele McPhee
NewsCenter 5
Email Michele

POSTED: 7:30 pm EST January 30, 2012
UPDATED: 8:15 pm EST January 30, 2012

(see video)

WATERVILLE, Maine -- Investigators who have spent six weeks looking for 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds believe the missing Maine toddler is dead and have intensified the search for her body, reporter Michele McPhee reported Monday. The toddler’s blood was found splattered in the basement of 29 Violette Ave. in the Waterville home where Ayla was staying with her father, Justin DiPietro, Maine State Police said.

Read more:
http://www.wmtw.com/news/30335348/detail.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 pm

For numerous articles written by Valhall of The Hinky Meter regarding the Alya Reynolds case, here is a Link to the Alya Reynolds case in the Forum at The Hinky Meter.

The articles have a comment board that have numerous Links to many mainstream media sources, Facebook and other sources.

The members of THM have followed this case closely and continuously update the most current thread(s) as news unfolds in this case.

You do not have to be a member of The Hinky Meter to read in the Forum.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=63
The Hinky Meter by Valhall -- Forum: Alya Reynolds case
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:54 pm

Intensity in Ayla Reynolds case boils over into assault, billboards with her photograph

By Christopher Cousins, BDN Staff

Posted Feb. 07, 2012, at 1:05 p.m.

snipped:

According to Rumsey, Linnell was walking along College Avenue at about 12:15 p.m. when Lance DiPietro rode by in a vehicle driven by his brother, Justin DiPietro, who is Ayla’s father. Lance DiPietro later told police that Linnell shouted something at the DiPietros which caused Justin DiPietro to pull his vehicle over in a parking lot.

Lance DiPietro, 27, of Waterville, exited the vehicle with a miniature novelty baseball bat and began an argument with Linnell, according to Rumsey.

“The verbal altercation escalated into an assault,” said Rumsey. Lance DiPietro allegedly threw the baseball bat to the ground and began fighting with Linnell. Linnell, who Rumsey said was knocked down and kicked in the face by Lance DiPietro, suffered a laceration on the back of his head and contusions on his face. Linnell refused medical attention at the scene but was later treated and released at an area hospital.

Read more:
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/07/news/mid-maine/intensity-in-ayla-reynolds-case-boils-over-into-assault-billboards-with-her-photograph/?ref=latest
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat May 12, 2012 11:19 am

Police recover more items from Kennebec River

Snipped

Police found more items in the Kenneber River that could potentially be linked to missing toddler Ayla Reynolds.

The items were found Tuesday in the diversion channel of the dam near the Hathaway Mill, according to Department of Public Safety Spokesman Steve McCausland. This is the same area where police retrieved unspecified items on April 25.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Police-recover-more-items-from-Kennebec-River.html
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyNY Sat May 12, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks Tamata for that update!

KathyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Sun May 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Tamta wrote:Police recover more items from Kennebec River

Snipped

Police found more items in the Kenneber River that could potentially be linked to missing toddler Ayla Reynolds.

The items were found Tuesday in the diversion channel of the dam near the Hathaway Mill, according to Department of Public Safety Spokesman Steve McCausland. This is the same area where police retrieved unspecified items on April 25.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Police-recover-more-items-from-Kennebec-River.html

Curious if they knew specifically what they were looking for, seems there would be alot of trash in that diversion channel and they spent 5 hrs. looking. thanks for the update, hoping this is a step closer to establishing exactly what happened to Ayla.
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 8:41 pm

lostyou wrote:

Snipped

Curious if they knew specifically what they were looking for, seems there would be alot of trash in that diversion channel and they spent 5 hrs. looking. thanks for the update, hoping this is a step closer to establishing exactly what happened to Ayla.

BBM

I just can not help but think two things:

-the word recovered indicates the action of regaining something that was lost (and known)

-retrieve: get something back, regain (again known items)

-they say very little: either this is significant finding or it is psychological pressure
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Sun May 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Tamta wrote:
lostyou wrote:

Snipped

BBM

I just can not help but think two things:

-the word recovered indicates the action of regaining something that was lost (and known)

-retrieve: get something back, regain (again known items)

-they say very little: either this is significant finding or it is psychological pressure

But keep in mind, those are the words of the media, not LE.
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Yes....
but it sounds like McC's language.

MSP often does pressers or written press releases on this case.

After my kids go to bed I'm going to dig up a video from the first items announced .

Maclausand was speaking.

I'll check his language and compare the articles to be sure.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 12:51 am

Tamta wrote:Yes....
but it sounds like McC's language.

MSP often does pressers or written press releases on this case.

After my kids go to bed I'm going to dig up a video from the first items announced .

Maclausand was speaking.

I'll check his language and compare the articles to be sure.

http://www.necn.com/05/11/12/Maine-police-search-river-for-evidence-i/landing_newengland.html?blockID=706532&feedID=7512

video and article on the latest search at the diversion dam behind the factory. Article that accompanies the vid says:
State police spokesman Steve McCausland says five divers and two detectives searched an overflow area Tuesday while water was lowered for maintenance on a dam owned by NextEra Energy Inc. He says several items were found and will be reviewed by the state police crime lab.

LE never came out and said after the items were found 2 wks. ago if they were related to Ayla, but the facts that they came back with 5 divers and 2 detectives, lowered the dam before it's actual scheduled maintenance date lead me to believe that it was probably related to Ayla. LE has said this area was searched before. I don't think they would bother going back if the other items were not related.
Any thoughts?
Also, AnswersforAyla blog is back up and running and has a post related to the recent searches.

I hope JMM makes his/her way to RC, because I know that poster followed Ayla's case and I like their posts!
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 2:26 am

damn we do not have our old links.

first finds:

they went from unspecified number, to 2, to pink blanket and bag.
that made me think they saw a connection- or they wanted to make someone feel that they saw that.

second finds:
they announced it.

they went on to drain a dam.

i think they feel its significant.

anything dumped upstream would end up there.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 2:43 am

Tamta wrote:damn we do not have our old links.

first finds:

that made me think they saw a connection- or they wanted to make someone feel that they saw that.

second finds:
they announced it.

I don't think LE ever confirmed the blanket and bag, that was just "leaked from a reliable source" if I remember correctly.
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 2:53 am

lostyou wrote:

first finds:

second finds:
they announced it.

I don't think LE ever confirmed the blanket and bag, that was just "leaked from a reliable source" if I remember correctly.

I did not remember that.

NOw I have to look all of this up again!!!
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 3:03 am

geek
Tamta wrote:
lostyou wrote:

first finds:

second finds:
they announced it.

I did not remember that.

NOw I have to look all of this up again!!!

lol, I am so sorry! I will try to help! This is us geek for the next week!
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next