Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17

+32
olivier57
tesstruhart
Pianist
justanopinion
18thcenturylady
Junebug
Weeziethm
vegret
Bmore
nemo1970
Mercysake
Moosiesmama
Alessandra_Deux
renatae
Mylife101
FireandBlood
sassy5d
gsweater
hello clarice
jerseyjul1
auman58
sitemama
Jill-in-NV
Nene_Please
Gizmo711
Hinky Refugee
yellow bike
keikikiki
dbratt
ShellJett
LoriKaye
Mrskinger
36 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:52 pm

FROM TAMARA TATTLES:

"Juror #8 The CEO-Good looking man, mid 50′s with goatee. Can see him being the jury foreman. I called this guy “The Dad”. He looks nothing like my dad, Lol, but for whatever reason… I got a fatherly feel from him.

He is a white male in his 50s and is married. He also takes notes and has been observed submitting questions.

40ish writing a lot when the “pursuing Bobby” and why she moved to Mesa Interestingly I have little written about him, though I remember having a good line of site

Meh. I hope he is more CEO that “The Dad” I’d keep him if I had to, but would not be sorry to see him go. I do not want him to be the foreman."

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:54 pm

once Juan announced he had no further witnesses to call I am sure the entire jury felt a huge sense of relief as NORMALLY this means the bs is over...it is quiet possible juror number 8 may of commented something along those lines not even realizing there is still more testimony to be heard..that alone would get him the boot..if I were him I would be sooo pissed
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Let it out, kei... let it ALL out!
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 836886 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 180611
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 839314
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:55 pm

didn't JSS say yesterday in front of the jury the schedule and that rerebutt was next week then closing arguements?
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:57 pm

I gotta say after watching this trial I dont believe anyone in the gallery or defense table should be allowed to see the jury at all
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Bmore wrote:didn't JSS say yesterday in front of the jury the schedule and that rerebutt was next week then closing arguements?

no she just gave dates and times

dont hold me to that tho..I was wacked yesterday..gonna go check now brb

Last edited by carlakay on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Bmore wrote:Oh no... Weezie they're going to show the head pic...

Had to duck out for an hour and missed everything....grrrr. Reading thru posts like a mad woman. OMG, I cannot believe they are showing it. Juan must have heard us chatting about it!
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:59 pm

Mylife101 wrote:OK...OK...OK....I am willing to conceed the gunshot came last!

I've always felt that was Jodi's "eff you, Travis". See what you made me do.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:00 pm

The twitter reporter said #8 has been absent all day today. His seat has been empty.

Now, Beth said juror #8 was in court, in his seat, today. Don't know which is right!

Last edited by sitemama on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added last comment)
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Weezie we didn't see it thru the live feed but the court saw it because JM had the ME up explaining the gunshot and you could see the bottom edge of the pic and the blue cloth that covered the neck...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi, mama!

reporterjmiguel It's important to note juror #8 was NOT in court today, his seat has been EMPTY ALL MORNING about 1 minute ago ·

elizabetherwin The juror who was dismissed is the inquisitive one I've tweeted about before. He asked a lot of the juror questions.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:08 pm

carlakay wrote:
Bmore wrote:didn't JSS say yesterday in front of the jury the schedule and that rerebutt was next week then closing arguements?

no she just gave dates and times

dont hold me to that tho..I was wacked yesterday..gonna go check now brb

ok I was right..whew..anyhow here is what she said

wed May 1st court is to start at 9 am and they will stay until they are finished which may be well after 5

thu May 2nd the jury will be given instructions and closing arguments will begin

Friday May 3rd closing arguments commence and end and case handed over to the jury
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:09 pm

We are done until May 1, Wed..
Then, IIRC, we get to hear from Dr. Richard Geffner?
He is a psychologist for the defense. Their last witness.
We all hope!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi Freckles. Thanks for posting the twitter remark. However, Beth just told on HLN #8 was in court today. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 5368
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Moosiesmama wrote:Grandma just looks like a tough old bird, doesn't seem like much could phase her.

What really chaps my hide is that this last minute witness is causing the court to wait 5 days for the testimony of a man who has been sanctioned in other cases for not quite telling the truth. Nobody is that busy. Just another desparate attempt by the dteam. Makes absolutely no sense to me to add further delays for the already fatigued jury.

Who is the last witness, please ?

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:12 pm

here is what I am thinking..unless the jurors have their numbers pinned to their shirts or stamped on their foreheads the tweeters reporting from the gallery need to stop with the damn speculative reporting.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:12 pm

olivier57 wrote:
Moosiesmama wrote:Grandma just looks like a tough old bird, doesn't seem like much could phase her.

What really chaps my hide is that this last minute witness is causing the court to wait 5 days for the testimony of a man who has been sanctioned in other cases for not quite telling the truth. Nobody is that busy. Just another desparate attempt by the dteam. Makes absolutely no sense to me to add further delays for the already fatigued jury.

another doctor of some sorts will be testifying on behalf of the defense next wednesday is my understanding
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:14 pm

What has been happening since this trial has been going on?

Well, Pheebs, our favorite little hummingbird, lay two eggs and hatched one little hummer. Then an orphan hummer was added to her nest. She adopted it and raised up both babies. They have long since left the nest. So, being a busy little hummer, she lay two more eggs. They hatched out a few days ago... the last hatched on 4/22! They won't be long in the nest before they, too, are fledged.

Do take the time to check out the thread and peek in on these absolute wonders of nature!

http://phoebeallens.com/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:14 pm

The defense cannot get a juror dismissed. They can and should be blamed for a lot, but not this. Whatever this juror did, he did of his own accord and it was a violation of some sort. I think the judge knew about this a couple days ago, and I think that is ONE of the reasons she finally laid down the law and said we WILL be finished with this trial next week!
I really don't think it's that unusual to lose 2 or 3 jurors during a trial that goes on this long.
Both the defense and the prosecution approved these jurors during voir dire. I honestly do not see the defense attempting to commit fraud in order to get a mistrial. They are NOT going to ruin their own reputations. They had to make the motions for them---It's all par for the course.
As I stated when juror 5 bit the dust, she had to have done something to warrant it, and I believe that is true in this case as well.
We still have 15 jurors, and we're finally in the home stretch.
If I were still on the jury, I'd be royally pissed to come in next Wednesday and find out I'd be subjected to a "surrebuttal" case, and another defense doctor!
I'd be willing to bet they don't even know that yet!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Dr. Geffner, ? IIRC, is an associate of...
Alyce and her Wonderland friends!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:17 pm

The jurors WERE TOLD there would be one witness who would not be able to be in court until Wed, May 1.
He had scheduling conflicts.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Bmore wrote:Weezie we didn't see it thru the live feed but the court saw it because JM had the ME up explaining the gunshot and you could see the bottom edge of the pic and the blue cloth that covered the neck...

They showed it just now on azfamily....I think it was a "re-run" of this morning, but I just turned it on and they showed the head shot, hand wounds, back and front stab wounds, and neck slit. Whew - heavy horrific stuff. Not sure how ANYONE could look at those and have their minds go to "self defense".. now way no how.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Going to lunch, grab some Sleep and enjoy the beautiful fall-like weather we are having! (Hope there are no more freeze warnings until November!)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:20 pm

carlakay wrote:
olivier57 wrote:

another doctor of some sorts will be testifying on behalf of the defense next wednesday is my understanding

Thanks. So we already know that he is going to tell us that there is no problem to walk, fight, shout with a .25 caliber in the brain... Hope he is going to do a demo with JW, JA or KyN

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:21 pm

olivier57 wrote:
carlakay wrote:

Thanks. So we already know that he is going to tell us that there is no problem to walk, fight, shout with a .25 caliber in the brain... Hope he is going to do a demo with JW, JA or KyN
Dr. Geffner is a psychologist.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:22 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:The defense cannot get a juror dismissed. They can and should be blamed for a lot, but not this. Whatever this juror did, he did of his own accord and it was a violation of some sort. I think the judge knew about this a couple days ago, and I think that is ONE of the reasons she finally laid down the law and said we WILL be finished with this trial next week!
I really don't think it's that unusual to lose 2 or 3 jurors during a trial that goes on this long.
Both the defense and the prosecution approved these jurors during voir dire. I honestly do not see the defense attempting to commit fraud in order to get a mistrial. They are NOT going to ruin their own reputations. They had to make the motions for them---It's all par for the course.
As I stated when juror 5 bit the dust, she had to have done something to warrant it, and I believe that is true in this case as well.
We still have 15 jurors, and we're finally in the home stretch.
If I were still on the jury, I'd be royally pissed to come in next Wednesday and find out I'd be subjected to a "surrebuttal" case, and another defense doctor!
I'd be willing to bet they don't even know that yet!

well unlike what occured when the multi colred hair juror was dismissed judge did not state juror misconduct on this one today..hard to say with the varying tweets coming in but if the man wasnt there today it could of been due to some sort of issue in his own life or if he was in court he may of become ill..or as I am speculating made some offhand comment such as ..Damn glad thats all over with..believing that all testimony was finished.

and no the jurors have absolutely no clue there will be another defense witness on the stand Wed. morning unless it was told to them outside the courtroom which I dont believe would be the case.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Those jurors have 5 days to ponder those horrific photos. That is the last thing the prosecutor showed them and, together with Dr. Horn reinforcing his opinion of shot last, they will be thinking about that. Plus the verification of more lies during rebuttal.

So when next Wed rolls 'round and Dr G (who wrote the preamble in Alyce's book iirc) proceeds to wax on about the poor little defendant, I don't think that is going to fly. I also think that altho JSS gave permission for this last ditch effort, I believe she gave the defense strict limitations on what he could cover, etc. She is NOT going to allow a "do over". ...at least I hope not!
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Freckles wrote:
olivier57 wrote:

yep..sorry Olivier..I didn't know his exact title..but nonetheless he will not be disputing the ME's testimony..he is going to try and discredit Dr. D's I believe
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:26 pm

Freckles wrote:The jurors WERE TOLD there would be one witness who would not be able to be in court until Wed, May 1.

Where did you learn this? Maybe they weren't told who the witness is!
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:26 pm

I have just heard that juror number 8 was excused for "WORK RELATED REASONS/TIME CONFLICTS", not for anything shady. He was told the trial would end by April 11, and NOT May 15th. SUPPOSEDLY job could be in danger and I also heard he was scheduled for a cruise and that it had to do with a wedding.
This is from another site. I don't know the truth of it yet.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:27 pm

sitemama wrote:
Freckles wrote:The jurors WERE TOLD there would be one witness who would not be able to be in court until Wed, May 1.

I'd be willing to bet they were NOT told anything about the witness.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:27 pm

sitemama wrote:

I'm trying to find it now
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Freckles wrote:
olivier57 wrote:

Is it this one http://www.endocrinology.med.ucla.edu/david_geffner.htm ?
So he is going to explain that everything is possible with hormons ? KyN will be happy, he wrote articles about sexual function...

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Freckles wrote:Let it out, kei... let it ALL out!
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 836886 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 180611

Just so y'all understand I'm really not a raging lunatic...

I've been facing my own mortality since JA's age. Life can be cruel in so many ways, this trial just chaps my hide because it's such a gross example of how needless so much of the cruelty is. I'm really not jazzed at all about JA and what/how/why...I am just a terminally ill chica under the legally prescribed fog of palliative medications, doing my best to hold on from the confines of my bed and engage in life...Worrying about whether or not Travis and his family and society has/is/will suffer is a welcome distraction from my own pain. I'm sorry if any or all of my involvement on RC has been offensive or misunderstood by some or all of you. My understanding has been (maybe mistaken here) the online forum world was kinda like a bulletin board, people come in & out, give & take what they will, no biggie. If I have misunderstood a proper use of RC, if I've bothered any of you, I am deeply sorry. I could blame it on a lot of things, and do have a legitimate fog to back me up...but I'd rather not use that tired old excuse. I'm thinking I'm not fit to participate in these discussions any longer, and I'm really sorry for being so intense. Please forgive me.
keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriKaye Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Ihttp://thepotpapers.com/2013/04/09/ ILove this blogger.....Warning some may get knots in panties..
LoriKaye
LoriKaye

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:32 pm

carlakay wrote:
sitemama wrote:

I'm trying to find it now

ok here is EXACTLY what she said.. "Because of witness scheduling issues there will be no trial until Wed. May 1st"
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:33 pm

olivier57 wrote:
Freckles wrote:

Is it this one http://www.endocrinology.med.ucla.edu/david_geffner.htm ?
So he is going to explain that everything is possible with hormons ? KyN will be happy, he wrote articles about sexual function...

oh Dear God noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Those jurors have 5 days to ponder those horrific photos. That is the last thing the prosecutor showed them and, together with Dr. Horn reinforcing his opinion of shot last, they will be thinking about that. Plus the verification of more lies during rebuttal.

So when next Wed rolls 'round and Dr G (who wrote the preamble in Alyce's book iirc) proceeds to wax on about the poor little defendant, I don't think that is going to fly. I also think that altho JSS gave permission for this last ditch effort, I believe she gave the defense strict limitations on what he could cover, etc. She is NOT going to allow a "do over". ...at least I hope not!

The defense filed the motion with the court Monday even though they rested their 38-day case a week ago. Arias' team of lawyers would like to call San Diego, Calif., psychologist Dr. Robert Geffner.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:34 pm

keikikiki wrote:

I've been facing my own mortality since JA's age. Life can be cruel in so many ways, this trial just chaps my hide because it's such a gross example of how needless so much of the cruelty is. I'm really not jazzed at all about JA and what/how/why...I am just a terminally ill chica under the legally prescribed fog of palliative medications, doing my best to hold on from the confines of my bed and engage in life...Worrying about whether or not Travis and his family and society has/is/will suffer is a welcome distraction from my own pain. I'm sorry if any or all of my involvement on RC has been offensive or misunderstood by some or all of you. My understanding has been (maybe mistaken here) the online forum world was kinda like a bulletin board, people come in & out, give & take what they will, no biggie. If I have misunderstood a proper use of RC, if I've bothered any of you, I am deeply sorry. I could blame it on a lot of things, and do have a legitimate fog to back me up...but I'd rather not use that tired old excuse. I'm thinking I'm not fit to participate in these discussions any longer, and I'm really sorry for being so intense. Please forgive me.

Kik, I personally have valued each and every one of your posts. I am gob-smacked at the moment. I had no idea...I am so sorry...I don't know what to say except that you are in my prayers and thoughts. Please don't leave. I seriously doubt you have offended anyone here.
You are one of us now, and we all want to celebrate a good and just end to this trial in hopefully just a little bit longer. I am sure everyone wants you to be a part of it. I know I sure do. Sad afro

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:35 pm

tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:36 pm

KiKi.....hugs and love from the RC family - and I don't think anyone will mind me speaking for all of us...you are a valued contributor to this forum and I have enjoyed your many posts and insights, and learned from you as well. We are a sum of our parts! Please stay...we need your good heart Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 803492
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:36 pm

keikikiki wrote:

HEY NOW! Don't you up n leave us now!!!! your post have been hilarious at times and sometimes extremely uplifting..you fit in here just fine and can't for the life of me figure what has you thinking otherwise
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:39 pm

sitemama wrote:

From yesterday. Judge announced it right at the start of court. Vid is floating around here someplace! They were NOT told who the witness is, whether it would be for the prosecution or the dteam. They were told "he" had a scheduling conflict. That was it!

Now. The jury DID hear dteam state they rested; they may have heard prosecution state they had rested. They are probably confused at this point! Shocked

Oh. In one of the court docs, Nurmi asked to add Dr. R. Geffner as a witness.
That is where I saw his name.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:41 pm

keikikiki wrote:

All opinions, thoughts, rants, etc. are welcome here. IMO no apologies are necessary. No matter who we are, what we think, agree or disagree, I have found the people sharing and warm folks. I think you need a big hug. Just close your eyes and think hard and you will feel the warmth coming from a nice hug. sucker sucker
Pianist
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Kei....no worries. I think freckles was just teasing you like I was teasing her. She ranted a little while ago and I told her when you hold in your feelings like that you could get an ulcer. I think she was just encouraging you. It's very hard with the typewritten word, we can't give our 'teasing key and sarcasm key' etc. an obvious sound. So, I'm sorry about your personal struggles, we do care and you are a valuable contributor. Please don't take any of us that seriously. We all rant, rave and vent and think we have moments of pure brilliance. It's what we are all made of. So, no worries my friend.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:43 pm

keikikiki wrote:

Oh, I really hope you don't leave! You are one of our family. Sad
IMO, I don't see how anything you have said is offensive to any of us.
Don't be a stranger, lady! We like you! Cool

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 803492 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 803492 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 803492
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks Freckles for your update, and if any of the jurors are as smart as some of you on this thread, they have already figured it out too.

Keki, please don't leave. I am so sorry to hear about your illness, but we need you here as much as you can be here. We had a member @ CSI who was also very sick and bedfast and she was a wonderful contributor to our site.

I have added you to my prayer list, but please do not leave us.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Freckles wrote:
keikikiki wrote:

Oh, I really hope you don't leave! You are one of our family. Sad
IMO, I don't see how anything you have said is offensive to any of us.
Don't be a stranger, lady! We like you! Cool

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 803492 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 803492 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 803492

Yes, I agree with Freckles, never saw anything offensive, always funny or interesting. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 3 541830

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Kiki... it's all good, you need to stay around
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:59 pm

WildAboutTrial@WildAboutTrial

Apparently the dog that came in to trial was routine and was just running late. No bomb threats. #JodiArias
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next