Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Bashara Trial

+6
Mylife101
Alessandra_Deux
justanopinion
Weeziethm
ishi
One Wonders
10 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Robert Bashara Trial - Page 3 Empty Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:43 am

justanopinion wrote:
Weeziethm wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Love this! they must have been loosing it … reading the posts we all made. Just when I thought this case could not get any more "out there"
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
And now this Tina Griffen testifies she intentionally planted defamation lies about Jane at Hinky?
Wish Val could be told....
Do we know what name she was posting under?
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:48 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Woman admits to lying for, about Bashara, his dead wife

A former Chicago police officer who said she met Bob Bashara over a web site testified Tuesday she tried to tarnish Jane Bashara’s name and lied for and about him following his wife’s murder.

Therese Giffin took the stand in Bashara’s murder trial and said that, at Bashara’s request, she posted a blog on the web site, thehinkymeter.com, to taint Jane Bashara’s reputation in order to steer police away from his as a suspect in her death.

In damaging testimony, Giffen said Bashara wanted “posts kind of like making Jane not look so good, that she could’ve possibly had a boyfriend who would’ve done it. It would have made them (police) look in another direction, not him.”

Read more:  http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20141111/woman-admits-to-lying-for-about-bashara-his-dead-wife

From your link:

" ....They communicated regularly during their more than two-year relationship. Giffin, tall, thin, with short blonde hair, was considered as a potential second “slave” to Bashara. But she said she was rejected in fall 2011 as the third member of a threesome to reside with Bashara and Gillett because she had a minor child living with her; Bashara and Gillett wanted “adults only.”

She also admitted she lied to investigators about her relationship with Bashara because of the “embarrassment.”

She failed to tell police about a session with Bashara in his “dungeon,” the basement of a Grosse Pointe bar he owned, in which she was tied to a bondage “cross,” and he flogged her. They also engaged in a sexual act but did not have sex, she added.

She said she saw him when he went to Chicago for an event related to his involvement in the local Rotary Club.

After Jane Bashara’s death, she hoped to continue a relationship with Bashara, Giffen testified.

“He was going to make me his slave,” she told Assistant Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey. “When he cleared his name.”

Giffen stopped communication after her home was searched by police and her computers were seized. ...."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:33 am

Holy smokes you guys...The Hinky Meter???
We will never know what her handle over there was or what she said about Jane. I'd bet though she didn't get to far with trashing Jane.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:36 pm

One Wonders wrote:Holy smokes you guys...The Hinky Meter???
We will never know what her handle over there was or what she said about Jane. I'd bet though she didn't get to far with trashing Jane.

I read yesterday in one of the tweets that her username was "Across the Lake".  It also said that the owner (Val) removed the posts immediately.  

Let me see if I can find it again...

------------

ETA: Here they are:

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  Nov 11

She set up a fictitious screen name on the Hinky Meter: "Across The Lake"

Giffin put things about Jane on the Hinky Meter, and complained to Bob that the moderator immediately took those posts down

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added tweets)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:48 pm

One
When the Bashara case first broke, I recall "spitting" with one or maybe two other posters. We called him the Blob, the Blop, etc., and one of the other posters came out of the wall and felt we were being terribly rude to a man who was deep in grieving, whose wife had cheated on him, etc.. I just can't recall what her posting name was... Shocked

Val had a greater impact on ferreting out the truth and sharing the info than I would have guessed at the time... Miss her!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:20 am

Freckles wrote:One
When the Bashara case first broke, I recall "spitting" with one or maybe two other posters. We called him the Blob, the Blop, etc., and one of the other posters came out of the wall and felt we were being terribly rude to a man who was deep in grieving, whose wife had cheated on him, etc.. I just can't recall what her posting name was... Shocked

Val had a greater impact on ferreting out the truth and sharing the info than I would have guessed at the time... Miss her!

Ohhh I bet it was her Freckles. Yes, I miss her too. When it came to seeing if things made sense or not she'd try em out and give us a report. Plus her sense of humor was A-One if ya ask me.
Anyhoooo, carry on, I didn't mean to highjack, lol.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:42 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
One Wonders wrote:Holy smokes you guys...The Hinky Meter???

I read yesterday in one of the tweets that her username was "Across the Lake".  It also said that the owner (Val) removed the posts immediately.  

Let me see if I can find it again...

------------

ETA: Here they are:

She set up a fictitious screen name on the Hinky Meter: "Across The Lake"

Giffin put things about Jane on the Hinky Meter, and complained to Bob that the moderator immediately took those posts down

She complained because her lies were not believed?
Val did not allow anyone to slander a victim without cause! Period.
She wanted only facts posted. If it was opinion, she wanted that stated up front. And facts needed to be linked! Very professional person and I admired her for her running of a wonderful posting site. Cool
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:52 am

Sorry, just got up and will post now. Here are some that
I with my big mouth have to reply on.

'When questioned, Wolf agreed he never saw Bob lose his temper, and that he spoke well of his wife, although she wasn't into the SM lifestyle."

Of course he did (which I find odd cuz of the way he treated other people) cuz she was his meal ticket and atm. He was supposed to be a property manager but I say he couldn't manage an ant farm if he had one.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:53 am

"Wolf said he told Bob to get an attorney "within minutes" of finding out Jane was killed."
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 am

This judge is so inappropriate with her questions. She comes off as curious for herself instead of for a jury info to me.

"Wolf is a dominant. Judge "Were all men dominant?" Wolf: "No."
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:58 am

"If the man's on top, that makes him dominant."
Judge asking him to be specific, and Wolf said it's hard to answer."
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:00 am

"Lillian: "I don't have any more questions for you, sir. Well, whatever you like being called."
Judge said that's inappropriate; struck it"

This struck me funny.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:01 am

"15 minute break called; jury gone. Judge: "This bickering that's going on in this courtroom is unacceptable. It's childlike"
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:09 am

"It is taking the attention away from the jury about what is the testimony of the witnesses. And it's only happening with the two ladies."

"Lindsey pointed out that in her comments, she pointed out the rules of evidence. "I didn't say anything negative about her.."

"I think it's somewhat unfair for me to get chastized when I'm properly citing rules of evidence."
Judge: "It's becoming combative."
Judge: "I'm watching (the jury) watch you all. Miss Diallo: I understand you are very passionate."

"Diallo: "Whatever he wanted to be called."
Judge: "You didn't have to say that. You could've just said 'thank you.'"
15 minute break."

"
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:11 am

"Moran: "The next witness is a prisoner in the Michigan Dept. of Corrections." When he testified in the prelim, Moran said he was harassed"

"Moran asked that his face not be shown, and his name withheld by the media. Diallo objected because his name is part of the record."

"But the judge agreed, so we're not allowed to even mention this guy's name."

One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:54 am

"Mr. X said Bob wanted him to do harm to Steve Tibaudo. "But he didn't know I knew Steve."

"He wanted him killed, because he said Steve talked him into ...killing Joseph Gentz. And set him up."

"Witness didn't tell Bob he knew Steve. "He called him a fat f*ck; said he carried a .38. He basically didn't have anything good to say."

"He was upset; that's why he wanted him dead."

"Also, Bob told his cellmate he wanted someone to kill a guy named Timothy Ramsey. "He said Ramsey...keeps talking a lot of mess about him"
(Who is Timothy Ramsey??

"I told him that wouldn't be no problem. I told him I got a nephew that would do it."

"Bob's cellmate: "He said Joe Gentz killed his wife."

"He asked if I could reach out and touch (Gentz)." That's prison slang for having him hurt or killed. "I told him yes."

"Bob told his cellmate: "I can't believe they're going to believe that fu#$ing retard over me."

"Bob was playing cards with his cellmate. "I said 'you killed your fu$%king wife, man." Bob told him he didn't."
But he was there!!!

"I told him he paid Joseph Gentz to kill his wife; he said, 'that's why I need that fu$%er dead.'"

"Bob also told his cellmate that Gentz was "the only witness."

"I told him it's gonna cost him. He asked how much. I said probably 5-10 grand apiece. He told me he was having problems with his money."

"After we figured he didn't have the money, he brought up some property around Finney High School."

"He said it was a good investment."

"He said I could rent out one part for $600 and stay in the other part free. The person that's doing the killing; they could get the house."

Bob told him Falcinetti, Sir Rick had power of attorney, and that he met him "through the lifestyle."

"Cellmate's aunt was in real estate; Bob suggested she appraise the house. He wanted Sir Rick to set up the deal."

"Bob wrote the address on a piece of paper, which his cellmate later gave to investigators."
What a moron !

"Cellmate wrote a letter to Kym Worthy. "I have some important information I would like to share with you."

"Cellmate wanted his sentence reduced in exchange for information about Bob. Prosecutors didn't offer that, though."

"Bob often wrote notes to his cellmate. "He thought the room was bugged; he said he had a high-profile case."

"When discussing hits, Bob "would write it down, then tear it up and flush it."
He was on a roll wasn't he.

"Video of the witness and Bob walking in the Oaks prison yard being shown."

"Bob had "Sir Rick/Midnight Ryder" Falcinelli put $50 into his cellmate's prison account in June, 2013."

"One day when Bob was in the holding area with his cellmate: “Somebody hollered something about ‘Rat.’” Then someone threatened him."

"This was right before he testified in the prelim."

"Witness said his sentence was lowered by a year because of a mistake in his sentencing."

"He's stressing that the reduction in his sentence is not because he agreed to testify."

"Because the guidelines weren't scored right, his sentence was reduced from 10-30 to 9-30."

"Bob told his cellmate about a slave from Pennsylvania. "That he could depend on her; that she was loyal to him."

"Bob also told his cellmate he didn't have sex w Jane because he had erectile dysfunction."

"Bob also asked how much it would have to have Asst. Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey killed. "He called her a black bitch."

"I told him, 'It is what it is; she can't just make up evidence and put it there." He also told Bob it would be hard to kill a prosecutor."

"I just said, 'That's a big order.' We talked about it that one time; we never talked about it again."

"Direct questioning over. Before cross-exam, the witness asked: "Is it possible I could speak with my lawyer for a second?"

"Judge called for a 10-minute recess to allow him to talk to his lawyer."

"As jury left, judge peeked into their room and laughed. "It looks like a grocery store in there!" because of all the food."

All of this is from George Hunter

One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:50 pm

https://twitter.com/GeorgeHunter_DN
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:27 am

Witness: Wife told Bashara 'don't embarrass the family'

By Elisha Anderson, Detroit Free Press  8:32 p.m. EST November 17, 2014

Bob Bashara, who is charged in the 2012 death of his wife, Jane Bashara, said Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey was "out to get him," according to the man's testimony.

A man who shared a prison cell with Bob Bashara testified the former Grosse Pointe Park businessman shared a conversation Bashara had with his wife.

Jane Bashara told her husband, whatever he did, "just don't embarrass the family," Bob Bashara's former cellmate at the Oaks Correctional Facility in Manistee said Monday.

Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Robert Moran asked that the name of the 56-year-old witness not be used, citing concern for his safety in prison.

The witness testified Bashara wanted four people killed, including a prosecutor.

Read more:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2014/11/17/bob-bashara-trial-kill-prosecutor/19180199/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:42 pm

This trial is heating up.

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · Nov 17

In a letter, Falcinelli wrote: "Bob well knows how much I hate what prosecutors...and media are trying to do to him."
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Detroit, MI

Falcinelli also said he only planned to say positive things about Bob.
0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite
Detroit, MI

Falcinelli said he didn't know how prosecutors found him. "I'm not sure if it's from our personal friendship or from our social friendship"
0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite
Detroit, MI

Falcinelli says prosecutors called him while he was out of state wanting to speak about the Bashara murder.
Detroit, MI

Sir Rick wrote a character letter for Bob. Nothing about dungeons in there. "It's not material I thought was part of a character reference"
0 replies 0 retweets 2 favorites
Detroit, MI

During phone calls, Sir Rick also called Moran "Robert Moron," and Lisa Lindsey a "f**king Teletubby." That caused a lot of laughter!
Detroit, MI

Falcinelli called Jane's sister, Julie Rowe, a "fu**king bitch" during a jailhouse phone call with Bob.
Detroit, MI

Falcinelli gave Bob's mom $10 of proceeds of house sale.
Detroit, MI

Judge: "Why did you name yourself Midnight Ryder?" Falcinelli: "It's a nickname I've had since the Air Force in the early '70s."
Detroit, MI

Bob gave Falcinelli power of attorney, and he sold Bob's house.
Detroit, MI

4th Witness: Richard Falcinelli, aka "Sir Rick" and "Midnight Ryder."
0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites
Detroit, MI

Sir Rick/midnight Ryder has entered the courtroom.
Detroit, MI

Bob's cell mate is done testifying. Short break...
Detroit, MI

On redirect, McCarthy trying to poke holes in witness's credibility by pointing out that he's used 8 aliases in the past.

Bob's cellmate: "I might have heard something about a sex dungeon, but I didn't know about the chains and the whips...until he was in prison
Detroit, MI

Ramsey, you'll recall, is the dead guy whose picture was shown to Bob's tenant William Schatz the other day, making him jump in fear.
Detroit, MI

Bob's cellmate says he wanted Thomas Ramsey killed "because he was selling drugs, and he talks too much."
Detroit, MI

Bob's roommate: "He's an arrogant guy, and nobody had anything good to say about him. (They'd say), 'Your bunkie's an asshole.'"

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:54 pm

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 2h 2 hours ago

She will allow live-streaming for closing arguments and the verdict.

Judge just said she expects the trial to last about 10 more days. There are betwen 10-20 witnesses left, she said.

Judge clarified: She tweeted while on the record, but while the jury was out of the room: "We were not in session."

The media asked the judge about her tweet earlier today; she said she did it during the break.

Judge says attorneys on each side have to hammer out which witnesses will testify tomorrow. It won't be Steve Virgona, though.

We're done for the day, because of Diallo's illness.

Virgona was Diallo's witness, and the judge said he will have to testify Thursday.

Lindsey said Steve Virgona will testify tomorrow. He's the one who convinced Gentz to turn himself in.

Bob said if Diallo is too sick to proceed tomorrow, he's happy to just have McCarthy represent him.

Sir Rick is done testifying.

Rick said he didn't comply with Bob's request to dig up dirt on some BDSM acquaintances, and he said he's still friends with some of them.

Among the BDSM people Bob wanted discredited: Patrick Webb, "Sir Patrick" who testified earlier; and someone named Shelly.

Bob's letter: "Any digging you can to is helpful to our team."

In Bob's letter, he complained people in the BDSM lifestyle were lying about him, and he asked Sir Rick to dig up info on them.

He also watches Fox News and Judge Jeanine Pirro
roflao newspaper

On Sir Rick's facebook page, he likes Northbound Leather and Faygo pop.

Rick found 5-6 promissary notes to Bob's mother for about $283,000-286,000." He also said Bob "made a lot of bad financial decisions."

"It's a power exchange."

Sir Rick's voice seemed angry as he defended. "The submissive gives control to the dominant; he or she doesn't take it. It's a gift."

Sir Rick: "That's where the whole question is wrong in the first place; you don't gain control." Lisa: "Didn't u say it was about control?"

Lisa: "So some of the domination doesn't have to do w their body; it has to do with controlling their mind." Sir Rick didn't agree

Lindsey: "The (BDSM) lifestyle is about power and control, right? And sometimes you have to engage in manipulative behavior to gain control?

Lisa: "And you said the judge was an effing idiot, didn't you?" Vonda: "You weren't talking about THIS court, were you?" Laughter

Rick at one point said, "They don't know who the hell they're dealing with." regarding prosecutors, and them questioning him.

Rick to Lindsey: "You seem to be focusing on a lot of my trash talk." Judge cut him off: "Excuse me."

McCarthy done with his cross-exam.

Rick says he had no idea the $50 he put into the prison account of Bob's cellmate had to do with payment for a hit.

Sir Rick: "I would've kicked his butt" and tried to stop him from having someone killed, had he known.

That's at BDSM parties.

Sir Rick says he never saw Bob do cocaine. "We even frown on people using alcohol."

McCarthy: "And it's all adults who do this?" Rick: "Some of the best adults I know." awe

Judge: "And they do this at the VFW Hall?" Sir Rick: "Let tell you: 100% support. We fought for the right to do this."

Rick: "BDSM is kind of like foreplay."

Judge: "The equipment is sexual in nature. It's not like a boom box. It's sexual stuff, right or wrong?"
Shocked

Judge: "There's bondage...domination." Rick: There's a lot about the lifestyle "that's not very sexual at all."

Judge asked how, specificallly, the lifestyle has been negatively portrayed. "A lot of salaciousness...implies isn't what it's about"

"People who were watching that stuff don't have a clue what the lifestyle is about."

"I wanted to stop some of the...vitriol that was said about the lifestyle. Moreso than the murder, because I didn't have much to do w that."

Sir Rick: "I was almost more upset about the way the (BDSM) lifestyle was being portrayed; it was very one-sided."

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:09 pm

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 4h 4 hours ago

Rick said he stored Jane's ashes with Bob's stuff.

Lisa: "Is it fair to say you stored them with your sexual paraphernalia?"
McCarthy objected to relevance; Judge sustained.

There was a dispute with Jane’s family about her ashes. Sir Rick took them and put them in his basement.

Rick expressed concern about distributing some of Bob's money.

Judge again admonishing Sir Rick for not answering yes or no.

Wolf testified yesterday. He apparently owned a few Detroit-area porn theaters.

I was just told that Laurence Wolf, Bob's BDSM buddy, is the guy who supposedly was involved in "Behind the Green Door" movie.

After the sale, a real estate agent contacted Rick about an action to freeze Bob's assets.

In May, 2013, Sir Rick sold Bob’s house for $325,000

The judge is chiding Sir Rick because he won't answer yes or no, but keeps elaborating.

Rick said Bob was concerned about the results of Gentz's competency hearing.

Rick said Bob told him he wanted to kill Gentz to avenge Jane's death. But Bob didn't tell him that early on; only later.

"I need to reach another. My thought is another profile on fet to see who is out there." You-know-who was Rachel, Rick said.

Bob letter: “I want to briefly address my personal life as with Jane’s loss. I’m most lonely. I cannot count on you know who to be there so.

Now, a handwritten letter Bob wrote to Sir Rick is shown...

Rick: "They’re recording every goddamn word we say.”

Bob: “Well, how’d it go?” Rick: “(They were) up my ass with a microphone. STFU..there’s too much conversation going on in these phone calls"

The same day, Rick talked to Bob after he'd spoken to prosecutors.

During April, 2013 investigative subpoena, Rick was asked if Bob wanted him to set up a fetlife profile; Rick said he didn't recall

Bob: “They’re gonna sling a lot of bullshit at you, I’m sure. Just so you know…they’ve communicated with that one person on fet."

Phone call: Bob: “They’re gonna want to know about Cat Purr.” Rick: “I can only tell them stuff I know about.”

Lindsey: A bench warrant was issued for Rick's arrest to compel him to talk to prosecutors.

Rick: "You should’ve been talking to me instead of that idiot from the furniture company.” Bob: “I know. He sucked me in.”

Rick: “You should’ve been talking to me a hell of a lot longer ago..you wouldn’t be where you’re at right now.

In another phone call that's played, Rick is complaining about being subpoenaed.

Steve Miller wrote a book about the Tara Grant murder, in which he seemed to take the side of the killer, her husband Stephen Grant.

Bob gave author Steve Miller David Cripps’ phone number. Rick said it’s not a good idea to talk to him.

Bob: “Cat Purr moved to Pennsylvania. She wants to write a book. It’s ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.”

Bob asks Rick about Cat Purr. “I was just wondering if you ever sent a message.” Rick doesn’t answer. Bob: “Anyways, no big deal.”

Bob sent a j-pay email to Rick on March 7, 2013: "Can you reach out to Kitty Purr? Give her my regards."

Sir Rick says he helped Bob clear out the dungeon

During that call, Sir Rick asked Bob if equipment had been removed from his basement sex dungeon on Mack.

Jailhouse call: Bob asks Sir Rick to set up a fetlife profile. Sir Rick: "I wouldn't do that in a million years. That was a stupid idea."

Book author Steven Miller talked to Bob in jail.

Bob also asked Sir Rick to contact someone named "Cat Purr" or "Kitty Purr" on fetlife. It was Rachel, under a new screen name.

Bob wanted Sir Rick to tell Rachel he still loved her. Rick says he knew there was a PPO. Rick told Bob it wasn't a good idea to contact her

Judge: "Is fetlife like yahoo?" Sir Rick said kind of...

After Rachel took out a PPO, Bob asked Sir Rick to contact her.

After Bob was in prison, he asked Sir Rick to set up a http://fetlife.com account for him.

Sir Rick told Rachel that Bob still loved her and to maintain the status quo. Later, she told Rick to tell Bob to stop bothering her.

This conversation was at Bob's home, with a house full of mourners.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:11 pm

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 5h 5 hours ago

In the days leading up to Jane's funeral, "Before the defendant buried his wife, he asked you to contact Rachel Gillet," Lindsey said
Detroit, MI

Bob also told Sir Rick that he loved Rachel, his main slave. Her blogs on http://alt.com are being discussed.
Detroit, MI

Bob told Rick that between 6-8 pm that night he became worried about Jane.
Detroit, MI

Bob told Rick he made several stops at rentals that night.
Detroit, MI

Bob gave Rick the same alibi he gave others re: where he was when Jane was killed: At the Hard Luck Lounge and at his rental properties
Detroit, MI

Here's the story I wrote about the cop/sex offender who was sentenced today: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/wayne-county/2014/11/18/ex-detroit-cop-gets-years-sexual-assault/19219291/ …
0 replies 3 retweets 4 favorites
Detroit, MI

We're back on the record with #bobbashara
Detroit, MI

The Bashara trial was interrupted so the judge could sentence a Detroit cop who sexually assaulted a woman while on a domestic violence call
0 replies 2 retweets 2 favorites
Detroit, MI

This is a completely different case she's hearing: a Criminal Sexual Conduct sentencing.
Detroit, MI

15 minute break called to deal with some issue. Not sure what. Judge said it's "another matter"
Detroit, MI

When police asked Rick if Bob ever told him he suspected Gentz, Rick said no. But according to testimony, Bob did tell him that.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:13 pm

George Hunter retweeted
vonda evans @JudgeVonda · 5h 5 hours ago

A true Friend will support you at your worst and NEVER again mention when you become your best
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Rick in jail call: “You need to chill out. You’re effing burning me out…telling me things that aren’t even legal for me to do..."
Detroit, MI
George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 6h 6 hours ago

Lindsey on Sir Rick: "That's why he's a hostile witness because he won't answer the questions."
Detroit, MI

Rick said he can't recall specifically the things he didn't want to do for Bob because he thought they were illegal.
Detroit, MI

Rick says he wasn't sure if things Bob wanted him to do for his cellmate were legal.
Detroit, MI

Diallo had to leave sick. Judge asked Bob if he objected to McCarthy being his only attorney, and Bob said: "Mr. McCarthy is very capable."
Detroit, MI

Diallo has to leave the courtroom for a minute.
Detroit, MI

At the prelim, Rick said the note didn't look like it was Bob's handwriting.
Detroit, MI

Bob's note which he wrote the address of the house allegedly to be used as pay for killing Gentz is being shown.
Detroit, MI

But Rick said Bob would ignore that advice and continue to talk.
Detroit, MI

Sir Rick told Bob to "STFU" and not talk to anybody.
Detroit, MI

Rick: "Your little friend there from up north...is not doing us any favors, that 2-faced SOB." Don't know who that is.
Detroit, MI

Bob's phone call w Sir Rick is being played.
Detroit, MI

She's reading the reasons too fast to type! But she said none of the reasons apply, and they'll allow the taped discussion to be entered
Detroit, MI

Judge back, after reviewing the issue. She said 5 things must exist:
George Hunter retweeted
Nick Assendelft @Nick_Assendelft · 6h 6 hours ago

Detroit police board vies for role after bankruptcy, @GeorgeHunter_DN reports. http://detne.ws/1qQJNIK
0 replies 2 retweets 0 favorites
Detroit, MI

Diallo says Bob's characterization of what his lawyer told him is violation of atty-client privilege; Lindsey: 3rd party discussion is not
Detroit, MI

Judge stepped away from the bench.
Detroit, MI

Lindsey wants to admit a jail call, where Rick tells him Bob's former atty Renee Cooper informed him his cellmate was a witness against.him
Detroit, MI

Diallo says things Lindsey wants to talk about would waive attorney-client privilege. Bob told Rick some things his atty said
Detroit, MI

Jury leaving the courtroom so attorneys can discuss testimony about an attorney.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Falcinelli said he felt "uncomfortable" for anything to do with the cellmate.

Falcinelli didn't like doing favors for the cellmate. "I'm Bob's friend; I don't want to do things for anybody else."

Bob asked Sir Rick to send a "secure pack" to his cellmate. Bob's call: "You can send it ...and not have your name on it. Somebody else."

Bob never told Sir Rick that he was talking to Obedient Slave about being the 3rd slave in his household.

Bob on Obedient Slave: “They took her computers…she was talking to…Rachel. She had stuff on there they wanted.”

Bob told Sir Rick he was worried about what was on the computer of Therese Giffin, aka Obedient Slave.

Cripps represented Bob for a short time.

Sir Rick: "I was repeatedly getting calls from him, which I didn't like." They also talked about DC - attorney David Cripps.

More jailhouse audio being played. Sir Rick says he's not happy about getting a call from Bob's cellmate.

Also, Bob wanted Lisa Lindsey killed.

Sir Rick put money in the prison account of Bob's cellmate. If you recall, Bob wanted his cellie to have people killed, including Gentz

Lindsey: “Knowing the defendant…if he wanted you to do something, he could keep asking until you did it.” Falcinelli: “Yes.”
Detroit, MI

Jpay is a way to send money and emails to inmates: https://www.jpay.com/
0 replies 1 retweet 2 favorites
Detroit, MI

Bob: "I hope they let Lynn have it for her part in the media bullshit." Lynn was a lady who took Ch. 4 reporter down to his dungeon.
Detroit, MI

The reporter is still having trouble hearing Sir Rick as he reads a letter Bob wrote while in prison asking him to put more $ in his account
Detroit, MI

Things getting a little heated. Mixup over "J-Pay" email and jpeg. Lindsey said he should've known the reference. Judge: Argumentative.
Detroit, MI

Court reporter complained she can't hear Sir Rick, and the judge told him to speak into the microphone
Detroit, MI

Richard Falcinelli takes the witness stand. Said he knew Bob 10-12 years, but never met Jane.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Fall out from the judge twittering during court:
Scroll down past the JA trial info.

http://www.courtchatter.com/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:13 pm

From today:

Bob talked to his little sister/cousin about his erectile dysfunction.
Detroit, MI

Lindsey asked Stephanie if she was aware that Bob had given "Aunt Jenny's" ring to Rachel Gillett. She said she didn't know at the time
Detroit, MI
George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 3h 3 hours ago

Lindsey: "Do you have any blurriness about the fact that the defendant looked you in the face and lied about having affairs?" "Correct."
Detroit, MI

...so we had our short lunch period, then she said we'll end at 4 - later than usual.
Detroit, MI

When we started today, the judge said because it was snowing, we'd have a short lunch period, but end early...
Detroit, MI

Now McCarthy is discussing when Jane's ring went missing.
Detroit, MI

McCarthy grilling Bob's cousin pretty hard about when she heard Bob talking about Joe Gentz.
Detroit, MI

Stephanie: "I have a very scary brain about being OCD and remembering a lot." But she said some things about the killing are "a blur."
Detroit, MI

Stephanie began crying again during cross-exam. "You think I'm healed up?" she sobbed.
Detroit, MI

McCarthy is grilling Bob's cousin about some inconsistencies in her statements to prosecutors.
Detroit, MI

She also said her "sister" Jane's death upset her.
Detroit, MI

Stephanie: "When you have a traumatic experience, such as your cousin-slash-brother being hauled into jail, that turns you upside-down."
Detroit, MI

Actually, Stephanie said Jane told her about the injury outside, and was going to head inside for a Band-Aid.
Detroit, MI

McCarthy again asking about Jane cutting her hand during the garage sale. Stephanie said Jane was outside when it happened.
Detroit, MI

McCarthy doing cross-exam; again discussing the garage sale in the Bashara garage.
Detroit, MI

Stephanie on Jane: "She taught me how to drive."
Detroit, MI

Steve Miller has been attending these proceedings, apparently to write a book.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Bob claiming he was set up. Miller agreeing: "Yeah, yeah."
Detroit, MI

Bob: "It was tragically devastating." Bob said he hired 3 ex-cons; all "worked out great for me."
Detroit, MI

Audio being played. Miller: "It's somehow connected and it ended up setting things wrong for you." Bob: "Wrong? Ruined."
Detroit, MI

Call to author Steve Miller being discussed.
Detroit, MI

She later found out Bob did indeed have affairs.
Detroit, MI

"I turned off the TV…looked him right in the eye, and said, ‘did you have an affair.’ (He said) ‘No. It was just an outside lifestyle.'"
Detroit, MI

"I saw it on (his sister) Laura and (mother) Nancy’s face, which is what I was feeling, which was dumbfounded."
Detroit, MI

"The night of Jane’s funeral, we were sitting in the TV room…and the news came on. That was the night...the lifestyle broke on the news."
Detroit, MI

Judge asked when she knew about Bob's BDSM actiives...
Detroit, MI

"As soon as he said the words 'you know who' I realized he was talking about (Rachel.)"
Detroit, MI

He wanted his cousin to tell Therese Giffin, "Obedient Slave" to pass that message on to Rachel.
Detroit, MI

Bob during a jailhouse call, told his cousin to "tell that person 'How dare she think I would be capable of something like that"
Detroit, MI

Bob's cousin is now crying; she said Bob's mom is fine financially, although this case has posed a "hardship."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:18 pm

"From this point forward, it would really behoove you to shut your mouth, and when you do open it, do not say anything but the truth."
Detroit, MI

Bob: "I want you to think about conversations I have to have with Cynthia, and Matt. With Mark, and Michael and Matthew..."
Detroit, MI

Bob: "We shouldn't continue this conversation." Stephanie: "Why, Bob? It is what it is!"
Detroit, MI

Stephanie: "I was up till 4 in the f**king morning." (On the phone call, she sounds on the verge of tears.
Detroit, MI

Bob: "I don't mean it that way." Stephanie: "But still: think before you speak." Bob: "I've been sucked in, and lured in, and it's terrible"
Detroit, MI

Stephanie: "That sounds callous. You need to stop talking. It's like, 'oh, well.' You need to listen to what you're saying."
Detroit, MI

"You're still my cousin and my big brother. But you are so...." pause. "Am I ever speechless?" Bob: "No. It is what it is."
Detroit, MI

Bob: "I think me." Stephanie said her main focus is now his mother.
Detroit, MI

Cousin: "Do you know that my main goal has shifted? For 41 years, what you've been to me. When this all happened, who was my main focus?"
Detroit, MI

Bob: "I know you guys are really, really upset, and really, really disappointed. But hang in there." affraid
Detroit, MI

Cousin: "Who's going to pay bond?" Bob: "I was hoping Mom would front me the money until after we sell Middlesex."
Detroit, MI

Bob, to his cousin: "I got sucked in, what can I say? I'm sorry if I let everyone down, but I done the best I can do."
Detroit, MI

The issue of Bob's solicitation of murder again came up during a jailhouse phone call with his cousin.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:21 pm

Lisa Lindsey said this visit was "difficult" for Stephanie to talk about, and that appears so; she's sighing, and holding head in hands
Detroit, MI

"...and he said, 'It is what it is.'"
Detroit, MI

"...all you had to do was say no.' He shook his head a little bit...and said, 'I know. I know.' He looked back up, shrugged his shoulders...
Detroit, MI

Bob's cousin: "I said, 'what did you do?' and he said, 'Stef, I was...set up.' I said, 'Bob, even if you were set up..."
Detroit, MI

Stephanie visited Bob after he was arrested for solicitation of murder.
Detroit, MI

We're back in the courtroom for the #bobbashara trial. Bob's cousin Stephanie to resume testimony.

IIRC, Cousin Steph really harassed other Jane support posters....
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:25 pm

Bob asked his cousin if she would type a dictated character letter from his tenant, William Schatz, who testified last week
Detroit, MI

After Rachel filed a PPO against Bob, he told his cousin that he went through Rachel's trash to look at exercise equipment.
Detroit, MI

Linkedin profile of J.D. Gifford, the private investigator Bob retained: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-d-%22j-d-%22-gifford-j-d/60/85/24 …
Detroit, MI

Bob told his cousin that his private investigator, JD Giford had "found a new lead" - a 2nd suspect in Jane's death besides Gentz: Monroe
Detroit, MI

Now, Lindsey is talking about Paul Monroe, the convicted robber/Bob's cocaine dealer, to whom he allegedly confessed to having Jane killed
Detroit, MI

Bob told his cousin he was trying to help Gentz get some jobs so he could make enough money for a Cadillac.
roflao
Detroit, MI

Judge allowed it. Bob's mom told him about Gentz saying he wanted $: "Make sure you tell police about that. It's important."
Detroit, MI

Once again, hearsay evidence is being debated. Lindsey wants to enter into evidence what Bob said about Gentz telling him he wanted $
Detroit, MI

At first, Bob told his cousin Jane's death "could have been" a random act of violence or carjacking. No
Detroit, MI

Bob would rebut what Gentz was reported to have said.
Detroit, MI

Bob and Stephanie discussed Gentz often after the handyman's story came out in the media.
Detroit, MI

So Bob borrowed phones from his godmother and cousin to phone his potential slave in Oregon.
0 replies 0 retweets 3 favorites
Detroit, MI

Bob used her phone. He didn't say who he was calling, but she later found out it was to contact Janet Leehmann in Oregon.
Detroit, MI

Bob asked his cousin to use her cellphone, even though there was a land line available, and he had a cellphone himself.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Stephanie: "I thought I was being polite...I will not bless anyone anymore."

0 replies 0 retweets 6 favorites
Detroit, MI

Stephanie: "I said, 'God bless you.'" Judge: "Don't do anything like that again." Stephanie: "She sneezed." Judge: "Oh."

0 replies 2 retweets 7 favorites
Detroit, MI

McCarthy added: "Mr. Bashara believes this witness made a comment...to a female juror wearing a white shirt."
Detroit, MI

Judge: "I'm going to err on the side of safety. I'm not going to allow the statement." She'll only allow that Griem took the gun away.
Detroit, MI

McCarthy is objecting. "I think she can get to all of that by (saying) he took the gun and left with it."
Detroit, MI

Another link: http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_803 …

0 replies 0 retweets 4 favorites
Detroit, MI

For those who are deep into the law, here's an in-depth discussion of the issue at hand: http://www.capwayne.org/handouts/2011/2011_10_14_the_law_of_hearsay.pdf …
0 replies 0 retweets 5 favorites
Detroit, MI

Jury gone. Stephanie says Griem said, "I've seen enough; you can close the bag. Give it to me; I will take care of it."
Detroit, MI

Jury is excused while it's determined if Stephanie can discuss what David Griem said. Lindsey said it's allowed under Michigan law...
Detroit, MI

When she showed David Griem the gun, he closed his eyes, raised his hand, "kind of like 'stop.'"
Detroit, MI

Later on, when she found the gun, she worried about her aunt.
Detroit, MI

She saw Bob putting his dad's watches & other stuff in a bag, which he gave to his mom. He asked her to take it to the safety deposit box
Detroit, MI

Near the end of February, 2012, she overheard a conversation between Bob and his mom.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Her voice cracked when discussing Jane's death. She said the last 3 years have been tough, because she was close to Jane
Detroit, MI

Bob's cousin: "That was a very hard night to sleep in that house, knowing that gun was there."

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:34 pm

An official told me they've never seen a case where the defendant provided so much evidence through media interviews.
0 replies 2 retweets 6 favorites
Detroit, MI

Bob's Dateline "I'm a pacifist" interview again being shown.
Detroit, MI

"I said, 'This looks like this is incriminating evidence.'"
Detroit, MI

When she saw the gun, she said: "Holy fu*k. My eyes got big."
Detroit, MI

When she went to the bank and opened the safe-deposit box: "I saw something alarming: A gun. A pistol. I know nothing of guns."
Detroit, MI

Bob told his cousin that he only owned a BB gun to keep squirrels out of his garden. She said she believed him.
Detroit, MI

Bob's cousin found out through the media and Bob that Gentz said Bob forced him at gunpoint to kill Jane.
Detroit, MI

..."and because of what I unknowingly crossed the border with." That would be ammo taken from Bob's house.
Detroit, MI

Samuel also got immunity in exchange for her testimony "because...what was found in Aunt Nancy's safe deposit box..."

Detroit, MI

She agreed that before Jane died, she though it was a close-knit family with no secrets, but later found out there were indeed secrets
Detroit, MI

She agreed with Lindsey that, although they were cousins, she saw Bob as a big brother. She said the Bashara family was "extremely" close.
Detroit, MI
George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 7h 7 hours ago

Next up: Bob's cousin, Stephanie Samuel. We also can't show her face.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Bob's mom, Nancy Moran:

That's actually at the Register of Deeds office. Bob's mom is done testifying.
Detroit, MI

Now a video shown from same place. Appears to be a bank window.
Detroit, MI

Photos of Bob being shown...looks like bank surveillance video stills
Detroit, MI

When Moran asked if she knew about Bob's affairs, alternative lifestyle and dungeon, she kind of chuckled and said "no."
Detroit, MI

Bob's mom: Bob and Jane were "a perfect team in fundraising" at church, high school, etc.
Detroit, MI

Mom said when cops told Bob Jane was dead, "his voice was in anguish. He was very upset."
Detroit, MI

Back on the record in #bobbashara case. Moran in redirect pointing out that nobody else went into the safe deposit box after her
Detroit, MI

McCarthy: "You have no idea what testimony has been about?" Nancy: "Yes, I do. Fox 2. Amy (Lange)." Judge: "That's not a shout-out."
0 replies 0 retweets 6 favorites
Detroit, MI

McCarthy asked if she's talked on the phone to Bob since trial began. She said she hadn't.
Detroit, MI

So far, Bob's mom has been on the stand an hour, 15 minutes
Detroit, MI

After Bob cried out, his mom "went to him."
Detroit, MI

"They had found Jane's car and she was dead. And Bob cried out and said, 'They've killed my Jane.' He was very upset."

Detroit, MI

Nancy was in the family room when 3 policemen came to deliver the bad news that Jane was dead.
Detroit, MI

Bob's mom bought him his vanity plate: "BigBobb." She surprised him with it. "He had it on his car forever."
Detroit, MI

Bob's mom on Bob and Jane: "They were well-known in Grosse Pointe for doing tremendous fundraisers."
Detroit, MI

Bob's mom called Jane, "A dear friend. I miss her."
Detroit, MI

When asked if Jane was happy, Bob's mom said: "She was going through menopause, and she was having trouble sleeping."
Detroit, MI

Bob is sitting upright, hardly moving as his mom testifies.
Detroit, MI

Nancy: "I was taught by my ex-husband, who was a lawyer and a judge: Get a lawyer." Judge: "Good advice."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:39 pm

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 8h 8 hours ago

She said Griem took the gun from her, "But he wasn't happy about it."
Detroit, MI

McCarthy: "Later on, this caused you some trouble with the gun." Nancy: "It caused (Griem) some trouble."
Detroit, MI

"You've got to remember, we're just average people, and we're thrown into a situation where we don't know what to do with (the gun)."
Detroit, MI

She asked Griem if they could meet in the dining room after that meeting.
Detroit, MI

There were others present at the meeting w David Griem. "He was just bringing people up to date" (on the case), Bobs' mom said.
Detroit, MI

In the safe deposit box, Bob's mom kept her will, and other papers. She said Bob never put anything into the box
Detroit, MI

McCarthy doing cross-exam now.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Bob's Dateline NBC interview played again. "I love my wife dearly. I would never harm a hair on her head."
Detroit, MI

Bob's denial of owning a gun came after Gentz said Bob forced him at gunpoint to strangle Jane. "I love my wife," he told TV reporter
Detroit, MI

Bob, on Gentz: "He's a disturbed man. He crossed the line, killed my wife."
Detroit, MI

Bob TV Interview shown: "I'm not a violent man; I'm a pacifist, really. I quit playing football because I didn't like hitting people."
Detroit, MI

After Bob's mom removed his gun from the box, she said she heard his statements to the media that he'd never owned a gun.
Detroit, MI

They showed Griem the gun. "He didn't want to take it." But he did take it from the house, and that's the last his mom saw of it.
Detroit, MI

They took the gun back home and stored it in a dining room chest. The next day, she met with Bob's lawyer, David Griem.
Detroit, MI

"I didn't know what to do, and I needed advice on what to do." She and her daughter, Laura, went back. "We didn't know what to do..."
Detroit, MI

Inside the bag: "There was a...hard pouch. It had a snap on it." Inside, "I found a gun."
Detroit, MI

His mom said after he went to jail, "Bob was...lost to me." She went back tot he safe deposit box.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:48 pm

So to recap: Bob used his mom to: * Walk his girlfriend's dog * Borrow money to buy his girlfriend a house * Store his gun in the safe box
0 replies 0 retweets 5 favorites
Detroit, MI

"Without opening the bag, I just put it in the (safe deposit) box. I never saw it again until Bob was arrested."
Detroit, MI

Bob said, "I lost my key." He asked his mom to put a bag of the jewelry, etc. into his safe deposit box.
Detroit, MI

Bob called his mom and said he had things saved for his son, Robert: "Jewelry, coins." She shared a safe deposit box at Comerica
Detroit, MI

Bob's mom paid for Jane's funeral, reception, etc. "I paid for everything."
0 replies 1 retweet 4 favorites
Detroit, MI

Nancy: "As a stutterer, I am not fond of phones." She isn't stuttering during testimony
Detroit, MI

"The next morning we learned that she was dead."
Detroit, MI

Bob called his mom the night Jane died, telling her he was concerned that she was missing.

Detroit, MI

Bob wanted a loan from his mom. "I didn't want anything to do with the transaction of money." She told him to call her stockbroker, Sigma
Detroit, MI

Asst. Prosecutor Moran discussing property he owned on Cadieux - Rachel's place. His mom having trouble remembering...
Detroit, MI

Nancy continued that tradition: Every year, she'd give that money to 8 relatives. Again, she inherited money from her father.
Detroit, MI

Nancy said her father started a family tradition: Giving each family member $10k tax free at the beginning of each year.
Detroit, MI

Even though Jane made a lot of money, the properties were dragging her down financially.
Detroit, MI

Nancy let them have her credit card.
Detroit, MI

"I knew that there was a problem (w money) because Jane couldn't get a credit card because she was signed on a lot of Bob's properties."
Detroit, MI

Mom: "It didn't seem odd at the time....I never questioned it."
Detroit, MI

Bob's mom says he once asked her to take out his girlfriend's dog. She never bothered to ask who. "I found out later on it was Rachel's dog.
Detroit, MI

Nancy is discussing her ex-husband, George Bashara, who started as a probate judge, and later became appeals court judge
Detroit, MI

Nancy took 8 others on vacation 5 times between 2000-2008 to Cancun, Jamaica, etc. She paid for them all.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:50 pm

Bob's mom has immunity because she hid his gun illegally.
Detroit, MI
George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 9h 9 hours ago

Moran: "You have to say, 'yes or no,' Mrs. Bashara." Nancy: "Yes or no." awe
0 replies 0 retweets 4 favorites
Detroit, MI

Now Bob's mom, Nancy Bashara, is taking the stand
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:52 pm

Bashara's godmother is done testifying.
Detroit, MI

Gwen said she was under the impression that Bob made as much $ as Jane.
Detroit, MI

When Gwen found out Bob took Rachel and another woman into his marital bed: "That absolutely floored me."
Detroit, MI

Gwen: "One of the things we did a few years before she died was, we all went on a trip to Alaska together. They seemed very happy then."
Detroit, MI

BTW, McCarthy is solo today; Lillian Diallo is too sick. Before the jury came in, the judge asked Bob if he was ok w that, and he was
Detroit, MI

She agreed with McCarthy there was a lot of laughter in the home. There were occasional disagreements but no major fights, she said
Detroit, MI

Gwen said she had no idea there were problems with Bob and Jane's marriage. "She appeared to be very happy. She was always teasing."
Detroit, MI

Gwen said Bob's mother had money from her father. Also, "My brother (Bob's dad) was ... a judge...and he always earned a wonderful living.
Detroit, MI

I think I see where this is going - Jane's blood in the garage.
Detroit, MI

Gwen: "(Jane) was reaching for something in the garage and she cut her hand."
Detroit, MI

Under McCarthy's cross-exam, an Aug. 2011 garage sale being discussed in which Jane hurt her hand.

Detroit, MI

The 2 people who were to testify against Bob: Steve Tibaudo, furniture store owner, and Thomas Ramsey.
Detroit, MI

Bob also told his godmother prosecutors said at the presser there were 2 people who'd testify against him.
Detroit, MI

This call was made one day after Bob was put in jail for trying to have Joe Gentz killed.
Detroit, MI

Bob: "Did you see the press conference? They had a whole slew of people from everywhere...it's ridiculous."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Bob wanted to evict Thomas Ramsey, who is now deceased. He later tried to have him killed, according to his prison cellmate
Detroit, MI

Bob's jailhouse call being played. He's instructing Gwen to tell cousin Stephanie to call "Ponytail Bob" Fick, and get paperwork to a friend
Detroit, MI

Bob called his godmother from jail. "He wanted me to give a message to somebody about evicting somebody, but I had difficulty remember who."
Detroit, MI

Gwen said she left her cell phone out, where others could use it. Bob sneaked it to call the submissive woman in Oregon.
Detroit, MI

Gwen is also Bob's godmother.
Detroit, MI

My bad - that's Gwendolyn Samuel, not Bob's mom. She's Bob's aunt, also an elderly lady, and I only saw the back of her head.
Michigan, US

Bob's mom, Nancy Bashara, is about to take the stand. Media can't show her face, or the faces of the two witnesses after her.
Michigan, US

Bob's mom is likely going to testify today. Also, Judge said "We don't have very many witnesses left."
Michigan, US

Good morning. Jury in the courtroom for #bobbashara trial. Prosecutors waived 11 more witnesses - 5 cops, 4 special agents and 2 civilians
0 replies 1 retweet 3 favorites
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:12 pm

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Bob said the stuff on the Hinky Meter "Were all lies."

Bob said he was going to sue the Hinky Meter. He also said he had 4 friends put things on the site, but they didn't put it on there

roflao

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:46 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Bob said the stuff on the Hinky Meter "Were all lies."

Bob said he was going to sue the Hinky Meter. He also said he had 4 friends put things on the site, but they didn't put it on there

roflao

Laughing
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:49 pm

Bob also told Stratelak that he had no financial problems.

A whole lot of interesting stuff.
I will leave this to you, the reader, to peruse.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:03 pm

Bob and the jury are in the courtroom, and we're ready. I'm told the prosecution may rest tomorrow, although I don't have that confirmed.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Freckles wrote: George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  4h 4 hours ago

Bob also told Stratelak that he had no financial problems.

A whole lot of interesting stuff.
I will leave this to you, the reader, to peruse.

Thank you Freckles, there was a lot of interesting stuff in there. Such as I didn't know the dog was most likely murdered (
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:57 pm

okay, I don't know what happened to all of my above post... shifty It went Robert Bashara Trial - Page 3 540129
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:22 am

Multiple witnesses testify about lies Bob Bashara told

By Elisha Anderson, Detroit Free Press 6:37 p.m. EST November 24, 2014

Witness after witness testified Monday that Bob Bashara told them lies — before his wife, Jane Bashara, was killed in January 2012 and afterward.

Bashara's former friend, former real estate agent and his wife's friends said he lied about key parts of his life: his relationship with his mistress, his marital status and his sex dungeon.

"I came to the conclusion if Bob's lips were moving, he was telling me a lie," Michael Carmody, his former friend from Rotary Club testified Monday.

He said his friendship with Bashara started to deteriorate after Bashara lied to him about his relationship with Rachel Gillett.

Bashara repeatedly told him she was a friend, but Gillett called Carmody's phone after the death of Jane Bashara and said she was his girlfriend, Carmody testified.

He said he's no longer friends with Bashara.

Read more:  http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2014/11/24/bob-bashara-trial-wife-jane/70047306/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Proceedings were halted before cross-exam could take place. We'll return on Monday. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
0 replies 0 retweets 7 favorites
Detroit, MI

"You can tell there was a struggle in that she had multiple areas of inflicted trauma, all the way from the top of her head to her chest."
Detroit, MI

On Jane's last few seconds alive: “It’s like a person drowning in dry land…the oxygen is not getting to the lungs.”
0 replies 2 retweets 0 favorites
Detroit, MI

As details of Jane's injuries are discussed, Bob keeps shaking his head.
Detroit, MI

Jane was beaten in the face, head and chest, and strangled, with her windpipe broken.
Detroit, MI

"She had the classic findings of a strangulation," the doctor said
Detroit, MI

Jane had marijuana and caffeine in her system, per the pathologist.
Detroit, MI

The inflicted blunt trauma wasn't concentrated on one area of Jane's head. Dr. said he's not sure what caused it

Bob, alone at the defense table listening to testimony about Jane's autopsy. Diallo left for the day.
Embedded image permalink
View more photos and videos
Detroit, MI

Diaz: "This lady was strangled."
Detroit, MI

Jane's injuries were from the top of the head to the top of the chest.
Detroit, MI

Another abrasion on the upper portion of chest/left shoulder;
Detroit, MI

Jurors staring intently at autopsy photos
Detroit, MI

Jane's autopsy are being shown to the jury, but not the media/others in the courtroom. Not sure why. I've covered cases where they're shown
Detroit, MI

"She also had on her left neck another abrasion with contusion."
Detroit, MI

The most significant injuries: "She had a large...abrasion from the left side of the face...from the left cheek...to the left ear."
Detroit, MI

Dr. Diaz has performed 7,800 autopsies, and testified more than 300 times in Wayne Circuit Court.
Detroit, MI

He's also an asst. professor of pathology at University of Michigan.
Detroit, MI

6th witness of the day: Dr. Francisco Diaz, asst. WC Medical Examiner
Detroit, MI

Judge: "I've been doing this a long time. I can tell when something is overwhelming...I can tell when you're tired. I want to brace you..."
Detroit, MI

A representative from the Wayne County Medical Examiner is to testify next. Judge warned the jury it'll be "very graphic testimony."
Detroit, MI

Judge is back for #bobbashara case...waiting for jury

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content