Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Bashara Trial

+6
Mylife101
Alessandra_Deux
justanopinion
Weeziethm
ishi
One Wonders
10 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Robert Bashara Trial - Page 8 Empty Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:06 pm

Freckles
said:  "Something is wrong with those brains of his... they done been scrambled for sure!"

Ya think???  This guy is totally delusional.  I find it just fascinating (and yet utterly disgusting) how he can totally justify his actions, and present lie after lie after lie with such a straight face.  And he still seems to think others are buying it!  Totally out of touch with reality.

Unreal.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Despite lying ways, Bashara says he's truthful on stand

Elisha Anderson and Gina Damron, Detroit Free Press 8:36 p.m. EST November 13, 2015

Sitting on the witness stand, testifying in his quest to get a new trial, convicted murderer Bob Bashara said he wanted to be "100 percent honest here."

The former Grosse Pointe Park businessman said he never planned to leave his wife, who was strangled, and had no intention to live with his longtime mistress, who he has said was his "slave" in the BDSM — bondage, discipline and sadomasochism — lifestyle.

..."If Jane was not brutally murdered, I probably would still be in the lifestyle," he testified. "I would have still gone on our second honeymoon that we planned in January of 2011."

Though Bashara said he wanted to be truthful in his testimony, Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey pointed out numerous lies he told to his wife and his mistress.

Read more:  http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2015/11/13/bob-bashara-trial-jane/75702044/

-----

Second honeymoon?  Cell
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:10 am

He was BROKE!
He was borrowing money, paying late fees on properties he "owned" and still wanting to mortgage the family home to...buy a love nest for his side kick.

Honey moon?
Honey hoot! What a joke he is...
Transparent liar. Robert Bashara Trial - Page 8 916266 Robert Bashara Trial - Page 8 3919250764
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:53 am

Robert Bashara Trial - Page 8 635830284168284477-Bashara-111315-07-mw

Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey looks on after Bob Bashara made a crack about her short comings as he takes the stand in the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice courtroom of Judge Vonda Evans Friday Nov. 13, 2015 as he seeks a new trial. Mandi Wright/Detroit Free Press(Photo: Mandi Wright, Detroit Free Press)

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2015/11/13/bob-bashara-trial-jane/75702044/

(This picture is priceless)
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:55 am

Bashara on lies, loans, love at new-trial hearing

Robert Bashara Trial - Page 8 AR-151119710
Bob Bashara testifies Friday at his new-trial hearing before Judge Judge Vonda Evans in Wayne County Circuit Court in Detroit. (Macomb Daily photo by Jameson Cook)  

By Jameson Cook, jamie.cook@macombdaily.com, @jamesoncook on Twitter
Posted: 11/13/15, 2:38 PM EST | Updated: 2 hrs ago

Lies, loans and love were frequent topics of Bob Bashara’s testimony Friday in court at a new-trial hearing for the murder of his wife.

The convicted killer agreed with Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey that he had to “tell a lie on top of a lie” to keep his mistress from knowing that he wasn’t really going to buy a house for them on Kensington in Grosse Pointe despite paying for an inspection and scheduling a closing. He led her and real estate people to believe he was divorced or getting divorced from Jane Bashara, although has insisted that he was considering it as a possible new home for he and Jane.

“The lie was put in place for Rachel,” Bashara said in reference to his mistress, Rachel Gillet, although he denied saying he was divorced. “I think Rachel told them that. ... I don’t recall ever saying that.”

Lindsey accused him of lying “to suit yourself and not feel guilty, to suit your purposes?”

Read more:

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20151113/bashara-on-lies-loans-love-at-new-trial-hearing
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:00 am

Bashara continues quest for new trial continues; Hearing resumes Dec. 3

Published On: Nov 12 2015 06:35:44 PM EST | Updated On: Nov 13 2015 05:36:12 PM EST

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

DETROIT -  Bob Bashara, the Grosse Pointe Park man convicted of having his wife killed, was back in court Friday to resume testifying in his pursuit for a new trial.

Bashara, 57, was on the stand Friday in Wayne County Circuit Court. After hearing three hours of his testimony, Wayne County Judge Vonda Evans called a recess until Dec. 3 to allow time for Bashara's defense attorney, Ronald Ambrose, to review transcripts from previous testimony.

Bashara is seeking to have his first-degree murder conviction and life sentence thrown out, saying his rights were violated by an ineffective defense. He testified that his trial attorneys advised him against taking the stand at his trial last year.

Read more:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bob-bashara-back-on-the-stand-in-pursuit-of-new-trial/36415704
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:21 am

Sharing this for the index provided at link:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/tag/bob-bashara/

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:39 am

First book published on Bashara murder

"...The first book published about Bob Bashara’s slaying of his wife, Jane, has been released prior to his case concluding at the trial court.

“Murder in Grosse Pointe Park. Privilege, Adultry, and the Killing of Jane Bashara” hit the shelves of Barnes & Noble bookstore at Seven Mile and Moross in Detroit on Friday, six days before Judge Vonda Evans of Wayne County Circuit Court is expected to conduct the last day of a hearing for a new trial for Bashara, who was convicted of first-degree murder in December 2014...."

".....Jane grew up in a “leafy” area of Mount Clemens near the Gowanie Golf Club, Miller says in the book. She played sports and was a good student at Mount Clemens High School. After graduating in 1973, she played volleyball at Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, where she earned a 4.0 grade point average, he says.

Ambitious and sociable, she rose to become an executive at Detroit Edison (DTE) and after an early retirement was working at KEMA Services at the time of her death.

Bob Bashara, meanwhile, grew up in an affluent Grosse Pointe family, the son of the late George Bashara Jr., an attorney and Michigan Court of Appeals judge.

Bashara had sales jobs in his early years of the marriage and he gradually got involved in owning and running commercial and rental properties, the book says.

Jane and Bob lived on Alger Street in St. Clair Shores and then moved to 552 Middlesex, which Miller said he learned during research had connections to the alleged Detroit mafia. Several alleged mafia members lived on Middlesex, include one next door to Bashara, he said.

In the book’s introduction, Miller takes a swipe at the mother of Bashara’s first wife who demanded payment for an interview...."

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20151130/first-book-published-on-bashara-murder

(Was BB Married before Jane??? I knew BB had a stepmother but I had not heard of him having a prior marriage...)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:09 am

Video on BB's submissive...in his "sex dungeon".
Says he did NOT help women.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defenders-inside-bob-basharas-taboo-lifestyle/36769548
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:47 am

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 11m11 minutes ago

#BobBashara hearing delayed to Feb. 11. Bashara has been sent back to prison until then. No reason given for delay. TY @GeorgeHunter_DN !

https://twitter.com/hashtag/bobbashara

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:05 pm

O don't like the way the judge is dragging this out...
Leaves me in a nasty mood as it is so disjointed it could be grounds to overthrow whatever ruling she decides on.

She needs to cut the crap and get this matter dealt with and over. Without any more delays or posturings.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:25 pm

Man who admits to killing Jane Bashara changes his story

Handyman Joe Gentz refutes testimony

By Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff
Posted: 4:56 PM, January 20, 2016Updated: 5:00 PM, January 20, 2016

Joe Gentz, in his own words, is changing his story again about how he was involved in Jane Bashara's murder.

A sworn affidavit was filed last week. In it, Gentz said the former police chief of Grosse Pointe Park, David Hiller, and the detective who investigated the murder when it happened in January of 2012 allegedly told him to lie. Gentz claims they coached him on what to say when he told them, "I alone did it."

In the affidavit Gentz writes: "That my testimonial statements against Mr. Robert Bashara was the product of coercion and subornation of perjury by Sgt. Reducio and Chief David Hiller."

Gentz said he killed Jane and Bob Bashara was not home at the time of the murder. Here's more of what Gentz wrote in the affidavit (view the affidavit file here):

"I could no longer live knowing Mr. Robert Bashara was completely innocent, and further explained to him that Mr. Robert Bashara was not even in his house when I killed his wife."

read more:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/joe-gentz-on-jane-bashara-death

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:00 pm

^^^^
I must have missed that one! The only story I have heard from JG is that BB WAS standing there in the garage with BB aiming a gun at him and ordering JG to kill Jane... Thinking JG is getting paid to alter his story so BB has the opportunity for retrial? Message to HG: Consider the source. BB is NOT going to cash you flush any time soon! Like, NEVER!!! He only wants you (and others) to fall on that proverbial sword for HIM. BB is used to buying people out!!! Or, pretending to and then changing at the last minute so he gets the goods and you get the shaft. No
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Who got to JG???

JG doesn't have the ability to concoct such a story.
That is why he either shuts up or tells the truth.
He can only lie by omission... no ability to think deeper. Shocked
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Oh, wow. The wording in the new affidavit is NOT that of JG:

Item 5, pg 11: "...drilled me for three days..."
rather than "asked me questions for three days...." or, "...wouldn't let me go home for three days..."

Item 6, pg 11: "...I agreed to implicate..."
rather than "I agreed to blame..."

Item 7, pg 11: "...I helped myself into BB's house..."
BINGO! This is how he would have spoken.

Item 7, pg 11: "...picked an object..." rather than "picked up a lamp, etc..."

Item 10, pg 12: Laughing JG did not say these words. He would have no knowledge of what they even mean!

I call hogwash. Someone has agreed to pay JG money to save BB's butt. And I am sure, IF payment were made, it would fall back on JG's credibility when he FAILED to get paid! After all, BB's attys are working overtime to get this POS off the hook...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:42 pm

Handyman changes his story in Bashara murder — again

Tresa Baldas, Detroit Free Press 8:29 p.m. EST January 20, 2016

Bashara's attorney using Gentz's latest claim in plea for a new trial

Marking yet another twist in the high-profile Jane Bashara murder case, the handyman who admitted to killing the Grosse Pointe Park woman at the behest of her husband has changed his story — again.

And the woman's husband, Bob Bashara, who is serving life in prison for his wife's death, is using the handyman's about-face in his months-long bid to get a new trial.

read more:
http://www.freep.com/story/news/2016/01/20/handyman-changes-his-story-bashara-murder----again/79086154/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:21 pm

According to info at this link, tomorrow's hearing was postponed again until 4/12/16.

https://cmspublic.3rdcc.org/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=2319177
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:35 pm

Freckles wrote:Oh, wow. The wording in the new affidavit is NOT that of JG:

Item 5, pg 11: "...drilled me for three days..."
rather than "asked me questions for three days...." or, "...wouldn't let me go home for three days..."

Item 6, pg 11: "...I agreed to implicate..."
rather than "I agreed to blame..."

Item 7, pg 11: "...I helped myself into BB's house..."
BINGO! This is how he would have spoken.

Item 7, pg 11: "...picked an object..." rather than "picked up a lamp, etc..."

Item 10, pg 12: Laughing  JG did not say these words. He would have no knowledge of what they even mean!

I call hogwash. Someone has agreed to pay JG money to save BB's butt. And I am sure, IF payment were made, it would fall back on JG's credibility when he FAILED to get paid! After all, BB's attys are working overtime to get this POS off the hook...

(BBM)

I don't buy it either.  Remember when Bob originally said he wasn't at the house, and then someone came forward and said they saw Bob and Joe moving cars in the driveway (still don't now if that was true), and then Bob changed his story to say he went home for keys?  He already admitted he was there!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:19 am

JG lacks the ability for words. Vague words...
He either knows or he does not; JG lacks the ability to speculate.
So he doesn't!
He doesn't "pick up an object..." because that is vague.
He picks up a precise item; better, he would say he grabbed, got, found, etc.
Just remember the key to JG is his inablility to project or speculate.
He follows orders and even that can overwhelm him.
He trusts others because he lacks the ability to define areas in which to mistrust them.
So he either trusts them ("likes") or he doesn't trust them ("don't like him") because they stood by him or he felt they screwed him over.

He is limited in vocabulary and in ability for rationalizing.
This is common with lower IQ individuals and while it can help to define him, it is NOT by his own choice. He simply does not have the skills the average person has...
He will never be a leader but will always be a follower.
And that is precisely why BB chose JG ...
BB could intimidate JG by playing games on JG knowing JG did not have the ability to discern the games and reply in kind...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:38 pm

True crime novel on Bashara murder case

Posted:Feb 16 2016 08:10AM EST
Updated:Feb 16 2016 08:45AM EST

Murder in Grosse Pointe Park. Privilege, Adultery, and the Killing of Jane Bashara is available now.

Read more/video:  http://www.fox2detroit.com/good-day/92551146-story
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Bashara attorney files motion for Gentz to testify in hopes of getting new trial

By Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff
Posted: 10:54 PM, March 23, 2016
Updated: 10:41 AM, March 25, 2016

Bashara’s attorney filed a motion for a writ requesting to have convicted murderer Joe Gentz brought from prison to testify before the court in the hope that Gentz's new testimony would lead to a new trial for Bashara.

...If the motion is granted, court sessions could resume in April, but ultimately that is up to Judge Vonda Evans.

Read more:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/web/wdiv/news/bashara-attorney-files-motion-for-gentz-to-testify-in-hopes-of-getting-new-trial
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:33 pm

Apparently, there was a hearing yesterday regarding a motion about prosecutorial misconduct:

Bob Bashara Hearing 04/05/16

Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0EwHyzbwWk

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:21 pm

It looks like tomorrow morning's hearing is still on.  Scheduled for 9:00 a.m. Eastern.  Here are three live feeds for it:

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!schedule/mainPage
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:18 am

Bob Bashara due in court today in quest for new trial

Detroit Free Press staff 12:06 a.m. EDT April 12, 2016

In his quest for a new trial, Bob Bashara -- convicted in his wife's killing and serving a life prison sentence -- is scheduled to be back in court for a hearing today.

Also expected in court: Joseph Gentz, Bashara's former handyman who admitted to killing Grosse Pointe Park mother Jane Bashara.

...Asked what could happen at the hearing, attorney John J. Holler III, appointed to represent Gentz, said Monday that his client could testify or refuse to do so.

Read more:  http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2016/04/12/bashara-seeking-new-trial/82916936/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:30 am

Gentz phone calls could signal change in Bob Bashara case

By Shawn Ley - Reporter
Posted: 11:28 PM, April 11, 2016  Updated: 11:28 PM, April 11, 2016

...An affidavit transcribed by an inmate features Gentz doing a 180-degree spin that could turn the case on its head. It states Gentz says he killed Jane Bashara, but that Bob Bashara wasn't there in the garage, ordering him to do it.

Gentz now says Bob Bashara didn't ask him to kill his wife. He also says that there were other people at the scene of the murder.

"I am going to tell you what, there was actually four people in the same place, yeah," Gentz says.

Read more:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/gentz-phone-calls-could-signal-change-in-bob-bashara-case
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:21 pm

BOB BASHARA HEARING - PART 1

Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAkM-S_5lBE

BOB BASHARA HEARING - PART 2

Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxhbjNFol9o

Both videos published on Apr 12, 2016 by Lady Justice 2188

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:24 pm

Next hearing is Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. Eastern.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:31 pm

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
15m15 minutes ago

Cathy Retweeted Jameson Cook

#BobBashara - The drama never ends.  

Cathy added,
Jameson Cook @JamesonCook
Attorney: Gentz attacked in prison for implicating Bashara http://www.macombdaily.com/article/MD/20160412/NEWS/160419917 … via @macombdaily

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:33 pm

Thanks, CP! Cool Following along but not posting much.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 7h7 hours ago
#BobBashara - I'm typing this trying not to curse. Gentz won't testify on the 21st. Another date will be set then for the 3-4 day hearing.

Another source. I like to read the comments. Vid included.
Past court cases shown wy date.
http://livestream.com/wildabouttrial/events/2490138
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:18 pm

http://livestream.com/wildabouttrial/events/2490138

This is the worst judge ever.
Go to @ 1:32:00/
She yells and berates.
Sunglasses and gum in court.
HER phone ringing, her whisperings...
She stated SHE was not prepared.
And in 7 days she has forgotten what the case is about?
And she repeatedly shows up late.
Today, she left her robe swinging up to expose what appears to be a silky black slip!
Say what?
Persons crossing into the well without asking permission???

IMO, Joe Gentz is willing to fall on the proverbial sword in exchange for his young daughter getting her college paid for by BB.. He will do anything for his daughter. Besides which, as simple as he is, he is getting fed and clothed and sheltered everyday. IMO, he is okay trading off where he is for his daughter getting to college...
It will back fire. BB is not going to be paying anyone anything. But Gentz will perjure himself...and he will be punished. Gentz still wants to trust and believe in BB and is willing to risk it all for his daughter. Prosecution will make minced meat out of him. Both he (with his perjury) and BB will find the courts riding them harder. This judge wants to hang BB....

And so it goes. I really despise this judge and how she ruins law.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:36 am

Bob Bashara's hearing this morning was postponed until 1:30 Eastern.

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!schedule/mainPage
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:55 pm

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/live-stream-1/

Still waiting for the judge.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Come join a few of us in Chat while we listen (this is unreal!):

http://www.realitychatter.com/h10-chat
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:13 pm

Wow!  As Nancy Grace would say:  "Bombshell tonight!"

Joe testified that his original testimony was the truth and that the affadivit is all lies.  He said Bob was there, let him in the house, pulled a gun on Joe, and told him to kill Jane.  Bob helped Joe load her body in the car, and then Bob emptied her purse in the car.

Next hearing is May 10 at 9:30.

I'll post the video as soon as it's available.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:03 pm

BOB BASHARA HEARING - PART 1

BOB BASHARA HEARING - PART 2 (GENTZ TESTIFIES)

Both videos published on April 21, 2016.

Source:  LadyJustice2188's Youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=EgIIAg%253D%253D&q=lady+justice+2188

============

If you only can watch one of these, watch Part 2 - study
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:30 pm

Handyman recounts Jane Bashara's murder in court

Gina Damron and Elisha Anderson, Detroit Free Press 5:32 p.m. EDT April 21, 2016

Bob Bashara’s former handyman took the stand for the first time today and described Bashara pulling a gun and demanding he kill Jane Bashara.

Joseph Gentz, who admitted today that he broke Jane Bashara’s neck and is serving 17-28 years in prison for second-degree murder, said Bob Bashara promised to give him a ring, $8,000 and Cadillac.

Gentz said he went to the Bashara’s home to move help move boxes in January 2012 and said an argument broke out between Jane and Bob Bashara while he was there. “I’m sorry baby. I didn’t mean it,” Gentz said Bashara told his wife after she was dead in the garage of the Basharas’ home in Grosse Pointe Park.

Read more:  http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2016/04/21/bashara-due-court-quest-new-trial-continues/83312688/

-----

There's more good info in the article, but I don't want to break copyright laws.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Handyman again changes story about Jane Bashara killing

George Hunter, The Detroit News 7:31 p.m. EDT April 21, 2016

...But as he began reading the affidavit aloud, struggling with large words, Gentz stopped reading and said: “This whole thing is a lie.”

Bashara’s appellate attorney Ronald Ambrose asked Gentz: “Why did you sign this affidavit? What made you sign this?”

Gentz replied: “I’m mad. Why am I mad? Number one, I was promised my safety. I got assaulted four times. What is my life worth? I've been called a rat. What do they do to rats in prison? They kill them.”

‘...Joe wanted to tell the truth

Gentz said on the day of the murder, Bob and Jane Bashara had an argument in their garage.

“Jane Bashara told Bob to get all his (expletive) out of the garage: His signs, his golf clubs. ‘I want your (expletive) out now.’

“They got into an argument and I was in the middle. He pulls a gun on me and says ‘shut her up.’ ”

...The handyman said Bashara told him, “If you ever tell anyone, I will kill you.”

Gentz said Bashara promised him a ring, $8,000 and a Cadillac as payment for the murder.

Read more:  http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/wayne-county/2016/04/21/handyman-testify-bashara-retrial/83326028/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:42 pm

If you've never seen a Perry Mason moment you really need to watch what happened today.
I tell you at one point I saw BB's face was red with anger and I'm sooooo surprised his boils didn't explode all over the place folks.
I also swear that if BB had half a chance he would have tried to hire a hitman right there in the courtroom to bump off JG.
I am soooo proud of JG for doing the right thing and I believe every word he said. Not once did he sway from his account of the crime unlike BB does with his BS, adding and subtracting, just plain not keeping his story straight.
I'm still reeling from today I tell ya.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 pm

Gentz creates ‘epic legal disaster' for Bashara

By Jameson Cook, The Macomb Daily
Posted: 04/21/16, 7:25 PM EDT | Updated: 34 secs ago

Bob Bashara got the witness he wanted to take the stand, but “Master Bob” didn’t get the testimony he wanted.

Far from it.

In what was called an “epic legal disaster” by an attorney, Joe Gentz virtually sealed Bashara’s fate in his attempt for a new trial by saying Bob Bashara ordered him to kill Bashara’s wife, Jane.

...Metro-Detroit criminal defense lawyer Neil Rockind, who is not connected to the case, said the hearing was an epic legal disaster for Bashara and his appellate attorney, Ronald Ambrose.

Rockind compared Gentz to a “Trojan horse.”

He infected the appeal to the point that it cannot be won and should be withdrawn,” he said. “To call a witness expecting him to say one thing and then to have him say the exact opposite is a lawyer’s and party’s worst nightmare. Lawyers lay awake at night fearing that experience.”

Read more:  http://www.macombdaily.com/article/MD/20160421/NEWS/160429865

Robert Bashara Trial - Page 8 451488

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:52 pm

One Wonders wrote:If you've never seen a Perry Mason moment you really need to watch what happened today.
I tell you at one point I saw BB's face was red with anger and I'm sooooo surprised his boils didn't explode all over the place folks.
I also swear that if BB had half a chance he would have tried to hire a hitman right there in the courtroom to bump off JG.
I am soooo proud of JG for doing the right thing and I believe every word he said. Not once did he sway from his account of the crime unlike BB does with his BS, adding and subtracting, just plain not keeping his story straight.
I'm still reeling from today I tell ya.

Amen to that!  Robert Bashara Trial - Page 8 Gimme-five-smiley-emoticon
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon May 09, 2016 8:08 pm

Bob Bashara's post-conviction hearing pushed back

Elisha Anderson, Detroit Free Press 1:16 p.m. EDT May 9, 2016

A hearing to determine if a convicted Grosse Pointe Park murderer will get a new trial has been pushed back.

Bob Bashara, who is serving life in prison without the possibility of parole after being convicted in the death of his wife, Jane Bashara, was scheduled to be back in Wayne County Circuit Court Tuesday.  The hearing is now scheduled to resume on May 24.

(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2016/05/09/bob-bashara-post-conviction-hearing-pushed-back/84138238/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 09, 2016 9:13 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:

By Shawn Ley - Reporter

...An affidavit transcribed by an inmate features Gentz doing a 180-degree spin that could turn the case on its head. It states Gentz says he killed Jane Bashara, but that Bob Bashara wasn't there in the garage, ordering him to do it.

Gentz now says Bob Bashara didn't ask him to kill his wife. He also says that there were other people at the scene of the murder.

"I am going to tell you what, there was actually four people in the same place, yeah," Gentz says.

Read more:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/gentz-phone-calls-could-signal-change-in-bob-bashara-case

I missed this.
Who were the 4 people present?
We have BB, JG, and Jane Bashara.... missing a person....
Any guesses?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu May 26, 2016 4:49 pm

Freckles wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:

By Shawn Ley - Reporter

I missed this.
Who were the 4 people present?
We have BB, JG, and Jane Bashara.... missing a person....
Any guesses?

I just watched the hearing from Tuesday (which I will post later today). Joe said the fourth was God.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu May 26, 2016 9:31 pm

Video from May 24th hearing:

BOB BASHARA HEARING - PART 3 (GENTZ TESTIFIES)

BOB BASHARA HEARING | PART 4 - (GENTZ TESTIFIES)

Both videos published on May 24th, 2016 by LadyJustice2188

Source:  https://www.youtube.com/results?q=lady+justice+2188&sp=EgIIAw%253D%253D
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu May 26, 2016 9:37 pm

For those who don't have time or want to watch the above videos, the defense rested today. The next hearing is scheduled for July 14th, at 10:30 Eastern. At that time, Judge Evans will hear closing arguments (40 minutes for each side), and then she will make her ruling.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:43 pm

According to the court's Register of Actions, tomorrow's hearing has been rescheduled to Friday:

"Post Conviction  (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Evans, Vonda R.)
07/14/2016 Reset by Court to 07/15/2016"

Source:  https://cmspublic.3rdcc.org/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=2319177
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Hank Winchester
‏@hankjwinchester 24m24 minutes ago

No new trial for #BobBashara. Master Bob heads back to prison where he will remain locked up 4 years @Local4News

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23bobbashara&src=typd
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by colsnipe Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:41 pm

colsnipe
colsnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content