Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial #2

+3
CuriousPortlander
Alessandra_Deux
One Wonders
7 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial  #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial #2

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Here's an interview that George Brauchler did on 8/16 that I hadn't seen before.

It auto-runs, so I'm not embedding it here.  See video at this link:

http://www.9news.com/videos/news/2015/08/16/31811889/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial  #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial #2

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:04 pm

Karen Teves and Sandy Phillips speak after sentencing (not embedding, as it auto-runs):

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/aurora-theater-trial/2015/08/26/james-holmes-sentencing/32398453/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:11 pm

This is an excellent interview with George Brauchler that reveals a lot of new info:

Coffee With George Brauchler: Theater shooting case DA sits back

Carol McKinley, CU News Corps Adviser
August 22, 2015

...CU – For 65 days, he didn’t cry.  He didn’t express any emotion except to stare straight ahead despite the showing of the autopsy photos and gut-wrenching testimony from victims and first responders…

Brauchler – We saw the “game-face” too. This guy was different outside the presence of the jury and when the cameras were off. He’d laugh. He’d chuckle. He’d turn to his council and they’d have short conversations. But man when the jury was coming in, this guy would put on his game face, and that’s what America saw.

CU – And you’ve  been talking to some of the jurors since the final decision. Did they get that? That’s all they saw too. Did they understand what was going on when they weren’t in the courtroom?

Brauchler – Some of them speculated that that might have been the case. One juror said he noticed that the defendant stared straight ahead. Although they did notice that when things were on the screen that were him, or his handiwork at the apartment, they all mentioned the fact that he was glued to the screen for that.

Some jurors also said that it creeped them out that one of the defense attorneys would sit there and just stare at them and then openly wept for anything to do with the defendant; but, didn’t shed a single tear during the compelling victim stuff.  They thought that that was not just weird, but they were put off with it.

Read more:  http://cunewscorps.com/3579/aurora-theater-trial/coffee-with-george-brauchler-theater-shooting-case-da-lays-back/

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:55 pm

George Brauchler speaks after verdict (Aug. 26):

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/prosecutor-on-james-holmes-sentence-this-is-justice-513460803771
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:07 pm

State prosecutor alluded to the possibility of JH being transferred to another state (CA) for housing making it easier for JH's family to visit him.

I originally disregarded the comments made by the state prosecutor.
I reasoned, IF they wanted to visit, why haven't they?
They had the financial means to travel and be housed during the trial.

State prosecutor had stated Colorado would have no promise that JH would receive counseling for being mentally ill.

I just read a story that makes these two statements merge.
I am sharing the link and parts of the story.
Apparently, CA IS offering some type of counseling for mentally ill....

San Bernardino County jail to treat mentally ill inmates statewide

"....The San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday approved a $10.8 million contract with the state to expand a treatment program for mentally ill inmates at the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga to include inmates from other counties across California.

Under its contract with the Department of State Hospitals, West Valley’s Jail Based Competency Treatment Program, tailored to restore mental competency to inmates so they can stand trial for the crimes in which they are accused, would expand from 20 to 96 beds and allow mentally ill inmates from Los Angeles County and other California counties that do not offer such a program to receive treatment.

Mentally ill inmates from other counties receiving treatment at West Valley would be housed at the Rancho Cucamonga jail throughout the duration of their treatment, but preference will be given to inmates in San Bernardino County’s jail system, said Terry Fillman, health services administrator for the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.

The average time it takes to treat an inmate and get them to the point where they are mentally competent to stand trial is about 57 days, Fillman said.

At any given time, there are roughly 50 inmates in San Bernardino County’s jail system who have been declared by a judge to be mentally incompetent to stand trial and referred to a state hospital or program for treatment. And in Los Angeles County, that inmate average is double, Fillman said.

Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Nicole Nishida said there are about 100 inmates, charged with various felonies, who have been declared mentally incompetent to stand trial by a judge and are expected to be transferred to the West Valley Detention Center, if clinically appropriate.

“The inmates selected will be those who are not in need of acute hospitalization but rather high functioning,
” Nishida said in an email. “More complex and unstable inmates will continue to be treated in the state hospital setting.”...."

Read more:
http://www.sbsun.com/government-and-politics/20150825/san-bernardino-county-jail-to-treat-mentally-ill-inmates-statewide#at_pco=cfd-1.0
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:19 pm

Aurora theater shooter transferred to prison

Brandon Rittiman, KUSA 1:57 p.m. MDT August 28, 2015

KUSA - Two days after being sentenced to 12 life sentences without parole, the killer who attacked a 2012 movie screening in Aurora has been transferred to the prison system.

9NEWS has learned convicted mass murderer James Holmes was transferred to the custody of the state Department of Corrections as of Friday.

Read more:  http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/aurora-theater-trial/2015/08/28/james-holmes-taken--prison/71322670/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:17 am

Leaving aside my emotions and looking ONLY at the evidence these pictures document and I am left with many, many questions. (One main question: Why shoot out the passenger side window IF JH was standing outside the driver's door and was compliant with all requests made of him? )

A victim's bloodied flip flops, bullet-pierced soda cups and chilling trails of blood: Never-before-seen evidence photos from inside the movie theater where James Holmes murdered 12 innocent victims

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3229782/Haunting-never-seen-photos-inside-movie-theater-James-Holmes-murdered-12-people-seats-torn-shreds-bullet-pierced-soda-cups-trail-blood.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:18 am

Another source with video:

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/09/417130-harrowing-photos-show-just-like-inside-booby-trapped-home-aurora-shooter-james-holmes/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:30 am

Freckles wrote:Leaving aside my emotions and looking ONLY at the evidence these pictures document and I am left with many, many questions.  (One main question: Why shoot out the passenger side window IF JH was standing outside the driver's door and was compliant with all requests made of him? )

A victim's bloodied flip flops, bullet-pierced soda cups and chilling trails of blood: Never-before-seen evidence photos from inside the movie theater where James Holmes murdered 12 innocent victims

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3229782/Haunting-never-seen-photos-inside-movie-theater-James-Holmes-murdered-12-people-seats-torn-shreds-bullet-pierced-soda-cups-trail-blood.html

Thanks for posting those, Freckles.  Chilling pictures!

That's a great question!  I was going to say maybe they shot out the windows because they didn't want to open the doors in case the car was rigged with a bomb.  But I just checked, and when they apprehended him, his driver's side door was already open.  (Source:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9786533/Colorado-cinema-shooting-suspect-James-Holmes-smiled-and-smirked-after-shooting.html)  I can't think of any reason why they would have needed to do that.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:03 am

The evidence markers show the trajectory of the fire rounds into the seats, walls, etc..
Maybe, with that many misses, his aim was not all it was made out to be?

Notice the lines of trajectory.
The lines are all over the map.
There is no conformity to the angle or ht from the shooter.
Makes me believe there WAS more than one shooter as several witnesses stated in statements to police.

No explanations given for the assorted lines of trajectory.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Freckles wrote:The evidence markers show the trajectory of the fire rounds into the seats, walls, etc..

Makes me believe there WAS more than one shooter as several witnesses stated in statements to police.

Which picture(s) are you referring to?  They look relatively aligned to me, except in this photo:  

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial  #2 - Page 14 2C28D76700000578-3229782-image-a-59_1441919574581

In this photo, the bottom of the seats are at different angles.  And since there are no people in the photo, we don't know what position the seats were in when the shots were fired.  Someone could have been getting up and their seat was moving, causing the angle of entry to change.  If the left seat bottom was lowered to the same angle as the middle seat bottom, I think they'd be more aligned.

There are several reasons presented in testimony that would explain them not all being aligned:

- he admitted he was a terrible shot (even at the gun range)
- he had multiple weapons, each, I assume, weighing different weights, which could alter how they were being held, thereby changing the angle
- these were not fully automatic weapons, requiring pulling the trigger for each shot; that could cause the angle to change as each trigger pull was made
- each trigger pull required pounds of pressure; I would imagine his arms got tired and he wouldn't have held the gun exactly at the same height/angle for each shot
- he was moving around the front of the theater

All of those things, in my opinion, could attribute to inconsistent trajectories.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by colsnipe Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Freckles wrote:The evidence markers show the trajectory of the fire rounds into the seats, walls, etc..

these freckles???
from this...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3231427/Dramatic-pictures-inside-Colorado-movie-theater-investigators-used-laser-beams-map-single-bullet-James-Holmes-fired-midnight-bloodbath-killed-12.html

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial  #2 - Page 14 2C32499700000578-0-image-a-1_1442007203305

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial  #2 - Page 14 2C3249B700000578-0-image-a-3_1442007233899

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial  #2 - Page 14 2C3249C700000578-0-image-a-10_1442007328556

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial  #2 - Page 14 2C28D77700000578-3229782-image-a-63_1441919635902

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/09/10/22/2C28D2E800000578-3229782-image-a-65_1441919677165.jpg[/img]
colsnipe
colsnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:42 pm

YES!!! Thanks, Colsnipe! rocker
That is exactly what I was referring to.

I wish the State had placed witnesses on the stand who had told the LE they had seen two or more shooters... It would have cleared up a lot.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:21 am

Freckles wrote:YES!!! Thanks, Colsnipe! rocker
That is exactly what I was referring to.

I wish the State had placed witnesses on the stand who had told the LE they had seen two or more shooters... It would have cleared up a lot.

looking at the angles of the shots, some look improbable!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by colsnipe Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:24 am

Freckles, I have to wonder about that was well. I was comparing the angles of shots to respective angles that JH would have fired from, and I agree the angles look improbable.

For those on this board, i am not saying the incident did not occur just that reasonable doubt exists. I believe there is more to this story.

Had I been on the jury i would like to have had more information on the shooting angles, explanations for why the angles don't match, etc. IIRC, the place was sold out, that does not explain some of the angles? Ricochets? Light Loads, or under powered gun powder loads? Lousy shot?

I am not giving JH a free pass, just more questions than answers for me.
colsnipe
colsnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Meyer: The James Holmes "Joker" rumor

By Jeremy Meyer  The Denver Post
Posted:   09/19/2015 05:00:00 PM MDT

James Holmes was never "the Joker."

He never told witnesses or arresting officers he was the evil and charismatic villain from the Batman comic strip and movies.

Yet, this bad rumor born from initial press reports after the July 20, 2012, shooting in an Aurora theater is repeated by national media almost every time Holmes resurfaces in the news.

..."It is not true," said George Brauchler, the 18th Judicial District attorney, who prosecuted the case.

...Investigators heard no witness talking about the Joker, he said. And no police officer claimed Holmes called himself the Joker.

..."If it had been 'The Avengers,' he would have been there," he said. "If it were 'Jurassic World,' he would have been there. It had nothing to do that we can find with Batman."

Read more:  http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_28838153/holmes-joker-rumor
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 am

Theater shooter James Holmes assaulted in prison

"....Mark Daniels, 27, will be charged with assaulting Holmes and a correctional officer. The incident happened earlier this month in a hallway as Holmes and Daniels were being moved in the prison where they're both housed.

Daniels lunged at Holmes and took a couple swings at him, but Holmes was not hurt. The correctional officer was not hurt either..."

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/10/23/james-holmes-assaulted-in-prison/74501420/

(Happened October 8, 2015. IMO, from what I am reading, I have to wonder if it was more of an attempt than an actual assault. )
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:12 pm

^^^ I sure do wish that guard would have let the other inmate get a few good hits in before he intervened. Dang!!!

I hope it at least scared the cr#p out of JH. He's getting a little taste of what it feels like to be someone else's prey. Sooner or later, I think someone will get to JH.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:54 pm

Colorado theater shooter ordered to pay $955K in restitution

Associated Press By KRISTEN WYATT
21 hours ago

DENVER (AP) — A judge Friday ordered Colorado theater shooter James Holmes to pay about $955,000 in restitution to the victims of his 2012 movie theater shooting — money the imprisoned mass killer likely will never pay.

..."Nothing can ever make the victims whole for the harms suffered at the hands of the defendant," Samour wrote in his order. He added Holmes is under a moral and legal obligation to make full restitution to his victims.

Still, the former graduate student has no income and no assets to speak of, so it's unlikely the victims will receive their money.

...The judgment ordered $851,000 of the restitution to be sent to the state victim compensation fund, and another $103,000 to be paid directly to the victims.

Read more:  http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-theater-shooter-ordered-pay-955k-restitution-183817164.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:06 pm

I was reading the tweets from UNSC (United Nations Security Council) last night.
The USA Has agreed to GIVE the country of Jordan $1.5 BILLION dollars for next year.
Maybe you can understand why we are TRILLIONS of dollars in debt....and living in the economic dires many of us face.

Perhaps, the USA would be willing to give 1/2 million (only $500,000) to each of the victims' families since it is apparent JH will never be able to pay off this debt. And the measly offering of $103,000 is insufficient to have even covered the funerals of the victims. (If the president gave up just one of his many global treks, we should see about $100,000,000.00 dollars savings that could be put to a better use....)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:25 am

Colorado movie gunman Holmes moved to specialised prison
Reuters
By Keith Coffman
December 14, 2015 6:00 PM

~snipped~
DENVER (Reuters) - Colorado cinema massacre gunman James Holmes was moved on Monday to a prison that specializes in holding convicts with mental-health conditions, and which will allow him to have more contact with other inmates, a prisons spokeswoman said.

Holmes was moved from a transitional lockup to the San Carlos Correctional Facility in Pueblo one day after his 28th birthday, said Adrienne Jacobson, spokeswoman for the Colorado Department of Corrections.

"He is now in more of a general population setting," Jacobson said. "It's a normal progression move."

The prison, about 100 miles (160 km) south of Denver, houses about 250 inmates, but not all the convicts have mental-health issues, Jacobson said. She added that Holmes was still considered a security risk because of his notoriety.

Holmes was convicted in July of murdering 12 moviegoers and wounding dozens more during a shooting rampage at a Denver-area multiplex in 2012.

Prosecutors sought the death penalty for the California native, who had pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, but jurors could not unanimously agree the former neuroscience graduate student should be put to death.

Arapahoe County District Court Judge Carlos Samour sentenced Holmes to a dozen consecutive life sentences with no possibility of parole, plus a maximum 3,318 years for his conviction on attempted murder and explosives charges.

Following his sentencing, Holmes was housed at the state penitentiary in Canon City, where he had minimal contact with other prisoners.

In October, another inmate attacked Holmes at the Canon City lockup as they passed each while being escorted by prison guards.

Holmes was not injured in the assault, and his attacker, Mark Daniels, would be disciplined administratively rather than in court, prison officials said at the time.

Jacobson said she could not call the latest move permanent because circumstances could change, meaning Holmes might still ultimately be transferred to another Colorado facility, or perhaps out of state.

http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-movie-gunman-holmes-moved-specialised-prison-230014743.html

Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:59 am

Here is a pic of his new, but maybe temporary, home.

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial  #2 - Page 14 San-Carlos-Correctional-Facility

Quote:  "San Carlos Correctional Facility is a mixed custody facility located in Pueblo Colorado.  It is a level V facility that can house 250 offenders.  This facility specializes in rehabilitating male inmates who suffer from mental health problems, to the point where they can be sent to other facilities within the department of correction.  Special treatment programs, care, and behavioral modifications are used to aid in the inmate's rehabilitation."  End
http://www.prisonpro.com/content/san-carlos-correctional-facility

Hopefully, he won't enjoy it too much.  Check out this link if you have a minute:

Snipped Quotes:  . . . (Warning the photos below may be disturbing to some people.) . . .

. . . The facts in this story are taken from a federal lawsuit and a Denver Westword story on the subject. . . .
 End
http://quietmike.org/2014/06/24/tragic-life-christopher-lopez/
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:21 am

Behavioral disorders of such magnitude as has been reported in this case stem from childhood mental illness. There is NO cure. There is NO rehabilitation. And if he is to remain in custody until he dies, why waste time and money on a cause where it is known to have no positive results? Illogical.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Exclusive: Inside the Prison Assault on Aurora Theater Shooter James Holmes

ABC News By JOSH MARGOLIN and CAROL McKINLEY
3 hours ago

"...Documents obtained by ABC News show that Holmes, 28, was not supposed to cross paths with anyone but prison staff while housed in the Colorado State Penitentiary in Canon City. But as Holmes exited the office of his case manager on Oct. 8, a prison staffer opened a sliding gate without realizing he was putting Holmes in close proximity with another inmate, convicted car thief Mark “Slim” Daniels. The officer escorting Holmes was unable to radio the officer controlling the gate “as his battery had gone dead,” according to a so-called “intelligence assessment” drafted after the incident occurred.

With the sliding gate opened and Holmes within striking distance, Daniels, according to the reports, “ran through the slider, squeezing through as it was closing toward offender Holmes … Offender Daniels began hitting offender Holmes, in and around his head, with his fist.”..."

"....Hood said the assault was “simple” and should not have led to the extreme measure of Holmes being transferred to an undisclosed location.

“It’s called a ‘dump job,’” Hood said. “Moving him on to another warden. He’s always going to be a target. The [Colorado] Department of Corrections could easily have placed him in a secure setting. It’s ironic to me that they transfer him out of state for such a simple assault. The Department of Corrections dropped the ball. The inmate was assaulted. The system broke down.”..."

More:
http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-inside-prison-assault-aurora-theater-shooter-james-175027154--abc-news-topstories.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:46 pm

Moving to Closed.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Prison transfer of James Holmes reportedly thwarted plan to question him
Published April 11, 2016

"....The man who killed 12 people in the Colorado movie theater massacre was moved to another prison right before he was supposed to be deposed in a lawsuit, the second time in less than a year a transfer hampered efforts by lawyers to question him under oath.

James Holmes was to be questioned in a civil trial involving more than 60 survivors of the 2012 shooting and relatives against Cinemark, owner of the Aurora, Colo. theater, which alleges the company should have foreseen the possibility of an attack and done more to protect against it, The Denver Post reports.

The claims are divided in two lawsuits, one in state and federal court, both of which are scheduled for trial later this year.

Lawyers for Holmes scheduled a deposition for Holmes in the state case to question him under oath over his planning for the attack and choice of the theater as the target, but that was canceled when he was moved the first time to a prison in Pueblo, Colo., according to records obtained by the newspaper.

The deposition was then rescheduled for Jan. 21, but then Colorado corrections officials announced Holmes had yet been moved again to an undisclosed prison.

Colorado Department of Corrections spokeswoman Laurie Kilpatrick told the Denver Post that Holmes, who had become a target for attacks in prison, was moved for his own safety and the safety of corrections employees. She said the transfers had nothing to do with the timing of the depositions. ...."

More:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/11/prison-transfer-james-holmes-reportedly-thwarted-plan-to-question-him.html?intcmp=hplnws
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:15 am

^^^"...that Holmes, who had become a target for attacks in prison, was moved for his own safety and the safety of corrections employees."

Wow. I hadn't considered the safety of the corrections employees. This makes sense because the employees would be in greater danger if someone attempts to attack JH as they move him about the facility.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 09, 2016 6:19 pm

TRIALS
Colorado theater's security at issue in civil trial
Published May 08, 2016

".....In a civil trial starting Monday in state court, 28 victims' families will argue Cinemark, which owns the theater where the shooting happened, knew the midnight blockbuster would attract at least 1,000 people and should have had guards patrolling the parking lot, where they might have seen Holmes suiting up in head-to-toe body armor in his car. The lawsuit says theater employees failed to check doors, lacked closed-circuit television cameras that would have allowed them to spot trouble and did not intervene as victims lay wounded and dying in the aisles.

Theaters across the country had extra security for the July 20, 2012, premiere, and the Century 16 theater in Aurora typically had guards Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, said New York attorney Marc Bern, who is representing 27 of the families. The premiere fell on a Thursday....."

More:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/08/colorado-theaters-security-at-issue-in-civil-trial.html?intcmp=hplnws
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 09, 2016 6:23 pm

Just tell me why:
LE responded within 1 1/2 minutes?
A major "terrorist training" activity was taking place at a location close at hand?

Reminds me of Sandy Hook... and the Oregon shooting, etc.
They each had major training activities taking place nearby... same time!
And that was also true of 911 where military air force officials at military airports were ordered to scramble after the first plane hit...and they asked, "Is this the scheduled drill planned for today?"

The shooting of Gabby Gifford?
The main intent was to take out a judge who had expressed opposition to federal interest.
Yeah, he died...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon May 16, 2016 10:29 pm

Mother of Colorado Movie Theater Shooter James Holmes Speaks Out for First Time

By JULIA JACOBO
May 14, 2016, 10:56 AM ET

The mother of the Aurora, Colorado, movie theater shooter James Holmes, spoke out for the first time this week to raise awareness for Mental Health Awareness Month, condemning her son's actions and highlighting the importance of early detection of mental illness.

In an interview with ABC News affiliate KGTV in San Diego, Arlene Holmes described her son as a "happy" and "friendly" child, who would frequently invite friends over to their home. But, things changed around the time he turned 12 or 13-years-old, she said.

"I noticed that he was sadder than a child should be," Holmes told KGTV.

Read more:  http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-colorado-movie-theater-shooter-james-holmes-speaks/story?id=39114942
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue May 17, 2016 12:10 am

Yes, I agree with Mrs. Holmes. I sincerely hope that mental health care will become a greater focus in the United States.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu May 19, 2016 11:51 pm

Movie theater chain cleared over Aurora mass shooting: Victims' families defeated after arguing Cinemark should be held responsible for Dark Knight Rises massacre

"....The owners of an Aurora, Colorado movie theater where a gunman killed 12 people during the screening of a Batman film in 2012 are not liable for the mass shooting, a jury decided Thursday.

Six jurors sided with Cinemark in the civil lawsuit filed by more than two dozen survivors and relatives of the dead, who argued the theater should be responsible for failing to take safety precautions. ...."

"...'They failed to have armed security guards on the night of a blockbuster movie premiere when they always have armed security on Friday, Saturday and Sunday,' Bern said.

'They failed to have CCTV on the perimeter of the building, they failed to have roving guards around the building, they failed to have silent door alarms on the auditorium exit doors,' he added. ..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3599836/Jurors-Cinemark-not-liable-2012-Aurora-Colorado-mass-shooting.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:50 am

Freckles wrote:Theater shooter James Holmes assaulted in prison

"....Mark Daniels, 27, will be charged with assaulting Holmes and a correctional officer. The incident happened earlier this month in a hallway as Holmes and Daniels were being moved in the prison where they're both housed.

Daniels lunged at Holmes and took a couple swings at him, but Holmes was not hurt. The correctional officer was not hurt either..."

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/10/23/james-holmes-assaulted-in-prison/74501420/

(Happened October 8, 2015. IMO, from what I am reading, I have to wonder if it was more of an attempt than an actual assault. )

JAMES HOLMES Thought His Life In Jail Would Be FUN & EASY … Then He Was Introduced To PRISON JUSTICE

July 15, 2017

"....Daniels took Holmes’ head and bashed it with a sliding door repeatedly.

Daniels then sent a letter confirming the attack saying, “First and foremost, I would like to express my deepest condolences to all the victims and to the families, I’m so sorry I couldn’t wipe him out and sent him packing to Satan’s lake of fire. It was just impossible to do by myself with so many cops. I did get him six or seven good ones and this stupid ass case manager [name deleted] ran out of her office and and put her head in front of Holmes’ cause I was about to knock him out. That’s why she got socked a few times.” ...."

http://www.meryinfo.com/2017/07/15/james-holmes-thought-his-life-in-jail-would-be-fun-easy-then-he-was-introduced-to-prison-justice/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:13 am

Hero cop from Aurora movie theater shooting is caught on hospital surveillance footage 'stomping on' and choking' woman, 23, who had taken her wounded boyfriend to the ER

Aurora Police Sgt. Michael Hawkins was filmed dragging OyZhana Williams, 23, to the ground on December 22, 2015

He placed his arms around her neck and later appeared to kick her in the head as other officers lay on top of her

".... .Aurora Police Department claims not to have seen the video until this week when Williams filed her lawsuit.

It has now launched an investigation into her allegations but all three of the officers remain on the force. Sgt. Hawkins is in a desk role and the two others are in the field.

'The Aurora Police Department has recently been made of aware of an excessive use of force allegation against three of our officers,' a spokesman told DailyMail.com on Thursday. ...."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4862350/Hero-Aurora-cop-caught-choking-stomping-woman.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by colsnipe Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:24 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-inside-prison-assault-aurora-theater-shooter-james/story?id=37339691

Exclusive: Inside the Prison Assault on Aurora Theater Shooter James Holmes

"...When asked about Holmes’ location, Corrections Department spokeswoman Adrienne Jacobson first said it was public record, though she refused to answer the question. Jacobson later changed her explanation, saying the agreement that allows for the interstate transport of prisoners being held in state custody requires confidentiality. When pressed by ABC News to justify the new secrecy, Jacobson, Hager and other prison officials said the location is being kept a secret, citing only non-specific “security” needs of Holmes, other inmates and staffers.

Other states who participate in the interstate-prisoner system as well as the federal government routinely release information concerning the whereabouts of prisoners. For instance, the locations of the five accused of planning the 9/11 attacks and notorious California killer Charles Manson are public record...."

side note...video of his apartment booby trapped...i was under the impression the place was so wired that even opening the door would the place up...if the robot was able to open the door with out it going, then why the lie?
colsnipe
colsnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by colsnipe Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:18 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/09/28/aurora-movie-theater-gunmans-location-finally-revealed-a-federal-prison-in-pennsylvania/

Aurora movie theater gunman's location finally revealed: A federal prison in Pennsylvania
"...In 2015, a jury convicted James Holmes of carrying out the Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooting rampage. The same jury then sentenced him to life in prison for killing 12 people and wounding dozens of others during the massacre.

Not long after that, however, Holmes effectively disappeared. His location was not publicly known for nearly two years after officials transferred him to a prison outside Colorado and refused to say where he was being held, which angered survivors of the attack and prosecutors alike.

This week, that question was finally answered. Holmes, 29, is being held at the federal penitentiary in Allenwood, Pa., according to Federal Bureau of Prisons records. The high-security facility, which houses only male inmates, is located 165 miles northwest of Philadelphia...."
colsnipe
colsnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:36 am

Why were the feds involved? Legally....

By what authority was he moved from STATE prison to FEDERAL prison?

Did the father ever testify against LIBOR?
Same question for the Sandy Hook shooter's father.... who was supposed to testify against LIBOR as well.....
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:27 pm

'He's unique. It's hidden in his mind and he can't see it either': Psychiatrist says we will NEVER know exactly what caused James Holmes to commit his Dark Knight massacre where he shot dead 12 moviegoers and warns he WOULD kill again

"....James Holmes, now 30, walked into the crowded midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises at a Colorado movie theater on July 20, 2012, where he opened fire and slaughtered 12 people, and wounded an additional 58.

Psychiatrist William H. Reid spent a total of 24 hours interviewing Holmes in prison, concluding that a one-of-a-kind vortex of his mental illness, his personality, and circumstances are what drove him to the shooting in Denver. ..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6028801/Psychiatrist-Much-hidden-theater-shooters-mind.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:29 pm

PS
In the above link, check the pics.
The "bloody footprints" aare now near the car where Holmes was apprehended.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14