Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judge's Order Could Give Casey Probation

+8
Justice4all
sitemama
kellikat
eva
Sherry
linden
khintx
Piper
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Judge's Order Could Give Casey Probation Empty Judge's Order Could Give Casey Probation

Post by Piper Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:28 am

Judge's Order Could Give Casey Probation

Updated: 11:07 am EDT August 1, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A Florida judge has signed an order that could require Casey Anthony to serve a year of probation for fraudulent check writing.
An assistant in Judge Stan Strickland's office said the judge signed an amended court order on Monday.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said he believes the defense will appeal the document and argue that Strickland has no jurisdiction because his legal deadline has passed.
Sheaffer also said that the decision will likely be made by the Fifth District Court of Appeals in Daytona Beach.

Read more:
http://www.wftv.com/news/28727555/detail.html
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Judge's Order Could Give Casey Probation Empty Re: Judge's Order Could Give Casey Probation

Post by Piper Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 am

I won't hold my breath, but I certainly hope this happens.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Judge's Order Could Give Casey Probation Empty Re: Judge's Order Could Give Casey Probation

Post by khintx Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Laughing Casey has 3 days to get her worthless tushie back to Orlando! I love it! kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by linden Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:17 pm

I am thinking she was there all along.

Though I am sure that Bozo will manage to get her out of this

linden

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Well, Linden, I'm hoping this has more of a "you can run but you can't hide" ending to the story! kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:45 pm

I hope she's dogged to her dying day, I also think her big money deal dreams are down the tube. Their grandiose way of thinking they're going to make millions off this chick is absurd. I say - it ain't gonna happen. If she does get the probation, she'll have to gain employment, imagine that.

I'm anxious to see what the next 72 hours will bring.....
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Probation conditions exerpt from
http://www.richardhornsby.com/criminal/probation/standard-conditions.html

Dear Judge Strickland,

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways! kh

STANDARD CONDITIONS OF PROBATION

#1 Report to probation when required by your probation officer.

#2 Permit your probation officer to visit you at your home or elsewhere.

#3 Work faithfully at suitable employment insofar as you are physically capable.

#4 Live at a specified residence.

#5 Live without violating any law.

#6 Not associate with persons engaged in criminal activities.

#7 Support your legal dependents to the best of your ability (comply with child support obligations).

#8 Perform any court ordered community service for a tax-supported or tax-exempt entity.

#9 Pay any court ordered court costs and attorney's fees.

#10 Pay any court ordered restitution.

#11 Pay any court ordered restitution for medical treatment provided to you while incarcerated.

#12 Not possess, carry, or own any:
Firearm
Weapon without first procuring the consent of the correctional probation officer.

#13 Submit to random testing to determine the presence or use of alcohol or controlled substances.

#14 Not use intoxicants to excess or possess any drugs or narcotics unless prescribed by a physician.

#15 Not knowingly visit places where intoxicants, drugs, or other dangerous substances are unlawfully
sold, dispensed, or used.

#16 Submit a DNA sample to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement DNA database.

#17 Submit to the taking of a digitized photograph for the department's records; which will be posted on
probation's website during the term of supervision.

khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 pm

You rock, kh......I Judge's Order Could Give Casey Probation 19983 you, too! Yes, yes...this is going to happen. Judge's Order Could Give Casey Probation 922384
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:01 pm

The other thing I am thinking about, Piper, is that Casey pled guilty to 6 charges of fraud/theft but there were a total of like 14? I will have to do some digging to find the court order again, but I believe Judge Strickland witheld adjudication on the other 8 charges until after her murder trial/probation? I have to wonder if he can pull those 8 other charges out of his back pocket again now? These are other charges, no double jeopardy. But I really don't think the "she did her probation in jail" argument is going to work.

kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:20 pm

Ok..... it was 13 not 14. I'm having trouble finding the doc I want because I kind of purged all my Casey stuff and made it go byebye cuz she makes me so crazy.

kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:59 am

Exerpt/snipped from:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-01-30/news/1001290200_1_amy-huizenga-probation-officer-caylee-marie

Casey Anthony, now felon, debuts on state's Web site
January 30, 2010|By Bianca Prieto, Orlando Sentinel

Casey Anthony this week made her debut on a state Web site of convicted criminals.

Anthony, accused of killing her daughter, Caylee Marie, is now among the thousands featured on the Florida Department of Corrections' Web site.

Anthony's name turned up on the site -- http://www.dc.state.fl.us --after she pleaded guilty in a felony check-fraud case...........

Anthony is being held without bail in the Orange County Jail on a first-degree-murder charge. That's where she's serving her check-fraud sentence, which includes one year of probation.

.... A probation officer will soon visit her at the jail to explain the conditions of her probation and what to do if she is released from jail, said Gretl Plessinger, spokeswoman for the Department of Corrections.

The probation officer may take a photo of her during the visit for the Web site, Plessinger said. Afterward, the probation officer will check on Anthony's status at the jail regularly........

kh

khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:12 am

I've never heard of anyone serving probation in jail. I don't believe it's double jeaopardy, either. Probation is done once released into society, of course she's gonna be a model prisoner in isolation and she wouldn't be able to contact Amy, no access to alcohol and no way to secure gainful employment. That's what probation is about, proving you've learned from your convictions and that you can be a functioning member of society. I'd love to see the adjucated charges being able to pulled out of his pocket. Wouldn't that be sweet?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:31 pm

snipped:

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28740626/detail.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=caseyupdates

POSTED: 12:20 pm EDT August 2, 2011
UPDATED: 12:52 pm EDT August 2, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A new motion hopes to make public how Casey Anthony's defense spent $200,000 before Anthony was declared indigent......

Anthony was declared indigent in March 2010, meaning a state agency doled out taxpayer money for her defense.

Since that time, Anthony's defense has spent more than $125,000 in taxpayer funds for her first-degree murder trial. Anthony is also seeking taxpayer money to pay for her appeal of four misdemeanor convictions on lying to authorities. ........A new motion seeks to make public how Anthony's defense spent $200,000 before the indigency ruling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man, it sucks to be Casey! kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:15 pm

All dressed up and no motion to hear? Well, it looks like old Cheney filed his motion to fight Casey's probation........

Turns out, "Mr." Strickland is on vacation!!! Hopefully he's flipping the bird to Cheney as we speak!

Looks like someone is going to have to report to her parole officer on Thursday! LOL kh

khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:36 pm

LOL kh! Laughing

Here is Richard Hornsby take on the probation issue:

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2011/08/the-great-probation-debate/

He says that oral declaration of the sentence trumps the written up one. He also gives a defense side of things but it doesn't look hopeful for them.

Last edited by Sherry on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Exerpt from link above: Richard Hornsby

Very interesting article and Richard makes many points as to why the probation order might not fly........ and why it might.

At the end of his article he has this to say to Lawson Lamar:

Have Some Balls Lawson Lamar; Defend Strickland’s Sentence

I know next year is an election year and you want to distance yourself from Ms. Anthony and the boondogle of a prosecution you put on lest a formidable opponent emerge to run against you.

But seriously, the Very Honorable Lawson Lamar needs to grow a sack and defend Judge Strickland’s sentence and provide this community with some sense that you aren’t afraid of big bad lawyers like Mike Snure, Donald Lykkebak, and “gulp,” Cheney Mason, who make mince-meat our of your high profile cases.

If you thought she was such a danger to society that you were committed enough to have her executed, I think you should be committed enough to at least try and have the Department of Corrections execute a simple probation sentence on her for one year.

If you don’t, the irony is indeed rich that Jose Baez and Cheney Mason ultimately made you their Bitch.

Thank you Richard, I could not have said it better myself! kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:15 pm

DOC just made a formal announcement that she is to report by 10am tomorrow morning and her attorneys said they would be there.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:18 pm

anthonycase Per Dept of Corrections, #caseyanthony must report for probation by 10am tomorrow!
7 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

I just saw that, piper! Be there or be square!!! I love it!!! kh

khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by linden Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:49 pm

Well it looks like Ohio's loss is Ohio's gain. That's one way for a state to get rid of her! lol

linden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Judge Perry issued a stay on Casey's court appearance.

http://www.wesh.com/r/28754600/detail.html
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:29 pm

http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/front-page/2011/07/when-will-we-see-the-sealed-evidence/#axzz1U0teubZ7
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:42 am

Thanks for the link, Eva. Very interesting. I guess Casey doesn't have to report to the hearing Friday either. I've never seen a convicted felon being treated like some kind of princess.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:57 am

She's a princess alright.......

Judge's Order Could Give Casey Probation Princess

kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:03 pm

khintx wrote:She's a princess alright.......

kh

is that one of her preview pics from the Hustler spread? Very Happy
kellikat
kellikat

Mood : Sick 2

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:05 pm

the defense said that it would be too big of danger to casey to return to orlando, and that the security would cost taxpayers a lot of money.

i really don't see where there is an obligation at all to provide her security, unless she pays for it. let her take her chances in society like we all do.
kellikat
kellikat

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:12 pm

kellikat wrote:the defense said that it would be too big of danger to casey to return to orlando, and that the security would cost taxpayers a lot of money. ......

Since when is it the taxpayers duty to provide security for convicted felons who are released from jail? kh

khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:13 pm

I totally agree Kelli, no one paid for security for Caylee, not even a babysitter or a nanny.

I don't think the citizens of FL should have to pay for her protection. If she needs body guards, let Bozo pay for them.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:24 pm

khintx wrote:She's a princess alright.......

kh

Laughing roflao
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:25 pm

khintx wrote:
kellikat wrote:the defense said that it would be too big of danger to casey to return to orlando, and that the security would cost taxpayers a lot of money. ......

Since when is it the taxpayers duty to provide security for convicted felons who are released from jail? kh

I agree with all of you, why should she get special treatment! Let Team Bozo provide protection for her. Disgusting.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:42 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/04...est=latestnews

Exerpt:

The grandfather of 11-year-old Celina Cass, whose death has been ruled "suspicious," pleaded with police to solve the case and said he hopes it doesn't leave unanswered questions like in the Casey Anthony murder trial.

"I just hope justice is brought and whoever’s responsible gets the max because that little girl didn’t deserve that," Celina's grandfather, Wally Laro, told the Boston Herald Wednesday. "I don’t want no Casey Anthony."

~~~~~~

So sad. Clearly the defense's attempts to rehabilitate their client's image has fallen short. She is now a verb.

kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:22 am

True, kh. Sad...

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:24 am

No Decision Made, Judge Calls Probation Case "Mess"

8/5/11

Judge Belvin Perry did not rule on Friday whether Casey Anthony should serve probation for check fraud.
Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, walked up to the podium at about 9:20am and spoke before Judge Perry. Casey was not in court. Baez asked Judge Perry to nix another judge's order requiring her to return to Florida and serve probation.
However, Judge Perry described the case on Friday as a "mess" before saying he needs more time to research whether Casey should return to Orlando to report to a probation office.

Read more:
http://www.wftv.com/news/28774561/detail.html
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:29 am

Judge Perry doesn't know what to do.......I watched the hearing this morning. I'm thankful he didn't throw it out, he did say he was aware of death threats against Ms. Anthony. Sounds like if she has to fulfull the probation order, she'll still get special treatment. Betcha she won't be forced back to Orange County for anything.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Linda looks some ticked...........

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/28776213/detail.html
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Is Bozo praying to Perry?

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/28776213/detail.html
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Judge Delays Casey Probation Status, Calls Case "A Mess"

A judge deciding whether Casey Anthony has to return to Florida to serve probation for check fraud ended a hearing Friday without a ruling, calling the case "a mess."

"The best I can say is this is a legal maze," Judge Belvin Perry said. "This is a legal morass."

INSIDE COURTROOM: Images Of Baez, Judge Perry
RAW VIDEO: Casey Probation Hearing Pt. 1 | Pt. 2 | Pt. 3
VIDEO REPORT: Judge Delays Probation Status
READ: 2011 Order To Appear | Judge's 2010 Order

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/28774561/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Thanks J4a and welcome back. Glad you had a great birthday, and are now ready to go back to work.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Death threats are probably going to get worse if KC gets away with something else, like no probation.

I think she should definitely have to do it because probation is a form of rehabilitation...and she hasn't yet had a chance in jail to show she has learned not to steal money from other people.
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:46 pm

Lottie you are 100% right! And NOT ONLY has Skanky learned not to steal money from other people, she also hasn't learned how not to kill people that get in the way of her partying AND she also hasn't learned how to not kill people that she needs to pin a murder rap on! (IE: Jessie Grund, George Anthony, Roy Kronk, ZFG, someone else I must've forgotten and anyone else who could go to death row in Casey's most deserved place!)
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:08 am

Judge Perry better think long and hard on this one. How many other convicted felons are going to scream for probation in jail if he lets her get away with this? If they do it for her, they will have to do it for all others from here on out........
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:30 pm

Serving probation while in jail is the most ridiculous concept I ever heard. How long can Casey go on leading this charmed life of getting away with everything???? shifty
kellikat
kellikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:04 pm

I agree kellikat. This whole thing is getting very ridiculous!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:30 pm

You know she will get away with this too, but the only thing you can't get away with is NOT PAYING TAXES.

I hope she goes to jail for a long time because of taxes.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Casey Ordered To Return To Orlando To Serve Probation
Posted: 12:48 pm EDT August 12, 2011
Updated: 12:57 pm EDT August 12, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony has been ordered by Judge Belvin Perry on Friday to come back to Orlando to serve one year of probation in her check fraud conviction. Casey must report no later than August 26, according to the judge's order.

http://www.wftv.com/news/28848077/detail.html

Judge Perry's Order:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28848050/detail.html

pi-girl
pi-girl

Mood : Shifty

http://pauseforthechildren.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:18 pm

I'm surprised and happy at the judgement. Let her live with Mason and work for Baez or vice versa. Then again, maybe she should go live with Simms and be a farm hand.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Judge's Order Could Give Casey Probation 901969 Am I elated??? You bet your boobies [strike] I am....
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:51 pm

crystal ball I see KC living with Mumblemouth and his wife, as their granddaughter, pretending to work for Bozo and being driven to see her probation officer every month by Bad hair lady.

Oh that's right, she had a make over and her hair looks a lot better now. Sorta like Marsha Clarke.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:46 pm

It's a slow justice...........no way Judge Perry could have ruled against this. There would have been an uprising in the prison and jail system, believe me. What really sucks is that she won't have to reveal her true address due to the threats in this case, no other convicted felon has that ambiguity ...I call BS

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:04 pm

I have this sinking feeling that her defense team will appeal this ruling and it will be overturned. I really hope not, but it would only be the status quo for this lucky witch. witch
kellikat
kellikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next