Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hinky Meter "Refugees"

+132
Ann - Tx
Dupin
hinky_shadow
Six of One
Willow123
NanaStacy
glazier
chewet
Valhall
hello clarice
Joni 10
Snaz
LucyJane
Mirantha
alabama52
khintx
jaquey
ThirdEye
stark3923
CrimeGirl
HinkySD
lily2
logbump
Fingerlakes
Rocking
Cleopatra
CasaSupporter
playmuni
debloree
CuriousPortlander
Cubs Fan
summerthyme
carlakay
KimmyK
Lash
Orgona
ClaireUncensored
Piper
LuLu-Tx
ellejay
steff13
tnvol
GoodWitch
smitty1965
Twinkle
JayBos
lotusflame
old chemistry major
inthedark
ustwin
robbyred
BrowncoatWhit
Estee
snowbird
Bmore
Glamourcat
Hobnob
Tob in Ohio
jerseyjul1
Marica
Ellie Tza
KZ
Justice4all
wonderingwhy
emberl
CA Lady
NoZone9
Chester_from_THM
auburn99girl
Hinky's Mimi
JustWinnie
Tinyworm
Gizmo711
Soprano1
DebFrmHell
lostyou
Kwest
Alessandra_Deux
hailey35
Carolina Grandma
agatha_in_SD
junie4justice
KellyJK
Lilith
Scarsmom
justanopinion
FystyAngel
Gracie
DanStar
*GEL*
JMG610
peony459
eva
CherokeeNative
Ms Esq
kimi_SFC
tesstruhart
color77
Com-Sen
Weeziethm
suz1729
ecossie possie
Gia
Mercysake
stina
ishi
KathyNY
ohwow1
Eileen_Dover
ExerSarah
Puzzler
Stolat
Igirl
nanshin
Darkman
djmed99
ruckrider bball
jeflinkin
HawaiianEye
angela_nw
Fishknees
Honeysage
SweetT
KeepingMyWitts
One Wonders
Tamta
sitemama
nanaof4
Nene_Please
Hunters G-ma
angiefly2
Chickenbutt
136 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 Empty Re: Hinky Meter "Refugees"

Post by wonderingwhy Wed May 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Cubs Fan wrote:I'm happy to find so many former Hinky folks here!

I must have missed the announcement of THM leaving us - I hadn't logged in for a couple weeks until yesterday and then today I came here to try to track down Ann-TX and find out what happened. Glad to see we still have a forum to keep up with all these cases!

There was NO announcement.. We just all went to click on Hinky on Fri am and IT WAS NO MORE!!
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Cubs Fan wrote:I'm happy to find so many former Hinky folks here!

I must have missed the announcement of THM leaving us - I hadn't logged in for a couple weeks until yesterday and then today I came here to try to track down Ann-TX and find out what happened. Glad to see we still have a forum to keep up with all these cases!

Hi, Cubs Fan! Welcome to Reality Chatter. We are so glad you found us!

There was no announcement about shutting down The Hinky Meter. On Thursday night, Val decided to suddenly shut down THM. I was on the Jacque Waller thread, clicked on the Board Index and saw that Val left a comment on the Trayvon Martin/ Zimmermann thread (I think that was the thread). When I clicked on that thread it went to a page that said something along the lines of being " Disconnected - Find a new site". I clicked on The Hinky numerous times and then I e-mailed Val at The Hinky Meter e-mail addy to let her know that I think some one finally hacked into THM. Later in the morning I sent another e-mail.

No response. Then later I received a Mailer failure notice that my e-mails were not deliverable; address did not exist, blah, blah, blah.

Then later in the day a group of us Hinksters were on Ventrilo - Live Chat. Some were talking versus just typing. One of the Hinksters said she e-mailed Val at the GoDaddy (for sale) site and Val confirmed that she shut down THM and the domain is for sale.

There are some Hinksters that were posting on the Trayvon thread at the time and saw the warning Val had given earlier and then she left a comment but there was no indication that she would shut THM down.

Also, Val is having some personal issues and I think all of the hate, racists, etc remarks that were conveyed on some of the threads did it for her.

I will miss Val immensely but it is time she took care of Val for a change. She always had open arms to us and a huge heart.

She left a comment at Niecey's. If I get a chance, I'll go find the Link for you. It is posted somewhere on these 20 plus pages.

Cub Fan, perhaps some one will see this and will PM you about what happened when they were on the thread at the time Val pulled the plug.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Honeysage wrote:Thank you so much for the new homepage...i usually use my "dinosaur" computer for the forums and it kept freezing up on me, plus my doggie avatar was having trouble wagging his tail...but now it's all good!
Well, Honeysage, J4A not only wants to accommodate us he also takes good care of our canine members, too! Your doggie plus the RC mascot: Razz

I noticed that the RC mascot, "Sparky" and your doggie have become really good friends. They love playing together!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Cubs Fan, here is the Link to where you can find a comment by Val on Niecey's. I think she left it on Saturday.

Also, she posted a final article which I read before the site went down. When she signed off, I had no idea she really meant she was really signing off.

I think Darkman left a Link to the article on Niecey's. He was able to recover the article.

Many Hinksters commented at Niecey's and she so graciously responded to the majority of every comment.

http://niecey456.com/tag/valhall/
Niecey456

Saying Goodbye To The Hinky Meter
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 pm

This link will take you directly to Val's comment at Niecey's.

http://niecey456.com/2012/05/11/does-anyone-know-what-happened-to-the-hinky-meter/#comment-42375
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Wed May 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Or can glance through this thread here ( even though, i know, 26 pages already IS quite a bit : )

Some of this thread's posts will FOR SURE shed some light on Val's Hinky Meter closure

Actually .... maybe read up some of the info in those several posts, that are located in this thread here: (if you didn't see them by now)

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3799p140-hinky-meter-refugees#135863

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3799p160-hinky-meter-refugees#135905

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3799p160-hinky-meter-refugees#135936

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3799p260-hinky-meter-refugees#136216

----- etc :)
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed May 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Justice4all wrote:I see Weeziethm noticed some of the changes to the homepage. I hope everybody likes it. I removed a few things that I felt were slowing it down and making it jump around. I was also hoping that putting the Latest Topics front and center would help make the site easier to navigate.

Homepage looks great! Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 88030

Last edited by Julie on Wed May 16, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Thank you J4A for linking directly to Val's comment. I don't know how to do that from Niecey's!

Darkman, thank you very much for going through the comments here and linking them. I bet that was like looking for a needle in a haystack!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 5:14 pm

J4A, wow! I've used the click back to the Homepage numerous times since you've changed it.

Just awesome. It loads in a flash! I check the News Updates and Twitter (espicially Twitter) real frequently.

This is incredible. To me, my navigation is important. Time is of the essence. I have places to go on the Internet and at RC and I dislike when I have to wait forever for a page to load like at many TV station websites.

You are the hero for the day, J4A!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Wed May 16, 2012 5:27 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:Thank you J4A for linking directly to Val's comment. I don't know how to do that from Niecey's!

Darkman, thank you very much for going through the comments here and linking them. I bet that was like looking for a needle in a haystack!
Nope.. was a piece of cake Cell

Already have it accumulated and saved (for convenience of easy Copy / Paste for when it's need, with minor touch ups and edits maybe) for quite a long time, actually Very Happy
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed May 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Do I see Snaz wandering around the halls of RC???

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 540129

Gee, maybe RC can magically find Dis Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 Dis10 & Cali Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 Cali10, and who else are we

missing????

Last edited by Julie on Wed May 16, 2012 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Oh, my gosh . . . Julie! Please tell me it is true.

Snaz, if you are on board, hop over here and tell us hi!

For you, our beloved Snaz: Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 803492
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Darkman wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:Thank you J4A for linking directly to Val's comment. I don't know how to do that from Niecey's!

Nope.. was a piece of cake Cell

Already have it accumulated and saved (for convenience of easy Copy / Paste for when it's need, with minor touch ups and edits maybe) for quite a long time, actually Very Happy

Darkman, that is awesome! You are ahead of the game! I like that. I always have a Plan B and Plan C on many things but this was not one of them.

Your Cell made me Laughing and roflao
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed May 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Julie wrote:Do I see Snaz wandering around the halls of RC???

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 540129

Gee, maybe RC can magically find Dis Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 Dis10 & Cali Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 Cali10, and who else are we

missing????

Oh! KariBear & Gracie too!

But I gotta go, can't post their pics too!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu May 17, 2012 1:51 am

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 836886 Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 540129 hug Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 917988
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu May 17, 2012 2:33 am

Justice4all wrote:This link will take you directly to Val's comment at Niecey's.

http://niecey456.com/2012/05/11/does-anyone-know-what-happened-to-the-hinky-meter/#comment-42375
Ecossie shared a valuable link he posted at Niecey's.
This was written by Val/husband: C. Anthony
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread431159/pg1
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 17, 2012 3:51 am

Freckles wrote:emberl- I, too, kept doing google searches. (I kept trying to send stories and links over to Hinky on the Goodman appeal.) Felt desperate, alone, rejected, and akin to an addict going through addiction. So I took a deep inhale. And then the fingers started walking! geek Glad RC has opened the doors for us. I missed so many of my Hinky friends! Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 791593

Ann- I don't know how much of the remaining Tammie Smith trial I will be posting. Tremendous amount of time and posting space. (I worried I was taking up too much space and wondered, at first, if I had been banned because of it!) I am going to have to try to find a link. I saved nothing thinking I could always go back.

Also, not sure but isn't Plumadore do for a court hearing? That is one messy case. Someone had worked up and shared the relationship chart. Sure wish I had that!
Freckles red text colored by: Ann-Tx

Freckles, I think ellejay worked on the chart and she wrote an article for us. Remember?

At a later time, I think Blue did one or maybe ellejay and Blue worked on it together. Not sure. ellejay is here so please PM her and ask her or leaver her a question here.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu May 17, 2012 6:19 am

Hi Freckles,

Plumadore plead guilty last Friday, LWOP instead of the DP.

Plumadore pleads guilty to killing Aliahna Lemmon
Updated: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 6:00 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 10 May 2012, 8:21 PM EDT

More @ Link - http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/plumadore-to-appear-in-court-friday

ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) - The man accused of killing and dismembering nine-year-old Aliahna Lemmon days before Christmas last year has pleaded guilty to the crime.

Attorneys for Michael Plumadore, 39, and the State of Indiana entered a plea agreement Friday afternoon for the court's review.

The Allen County Prosecutor is seeking life without parole. 

Defense attorney, Anthony Churchward said in court that the plea agreement is Plumadore's advised course after receiving notification from Allen County Prosecuting Attorney Karen Richards that she would have pursued the death penalty had the case gone to trial.

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu May 17, 2012 9:44 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
Freckles wrote:emberl- I, too, kept doing google searches. (I kept trying to send stories and links over to Hinky on the Goodman appeal.) Felt desperate, alone, rejected, and akin to an addict going through addiction. So I took a deep inhale. And then the fingers started walking! geek Glad RC has opened the doors for us. I missed so many of my Hinky friends! Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 791593

Ann- I don't know how much of the remaining Tammie Smith trial I will be posting. Tremendous amount of time and posting space. (I worried I was taking up too much space and wondered, at first, if I had been banned because of it!) I am going to have to try to find a link. I saved nothing thinking I could always go back.

Also, not sure but isn't Plumadore do for a court hearing? That is one messy case. Someone had worked up and shared the relationship chart. Sure wish I had that!
Freckles red text colored by: Ann-Tx

Freckles, I think ellejay worked on the chart and she wrote an article for us. Remember?

At a later time, I think Blue did one or maybe ellejay and Blue worked on it together. Not sure. ellejay is here so please PM her and ask her or leaver her a question here.

I left a link to the family tree here.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3703p40-aliahna-lemmon#136612
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 17, 2012 6:48 pm

NOTICE:

With the approval of Justice4All (J4A), I changed the title of the

"Help!" The Hinksters thread for questions and answers!

to:

Help! Your thread for Questions and Answers
_________

As a former Hinkster, I've had several days to "grieve" the loss of The Hinky Meter.

If I were a new member at Reality Chatter, I would now want to be considered part of the RC team and would not want to feel like there are two groups at RC, i.e., former Hinksters and prior RC members.

We are ALL Reality Chatter members! I hope we will be one happy family here at RC!

If you have any questions or concerns, please comment on the Help! thread or if you prefer,
you can PM Justice4All (J4A) and he will respond to you.

Thanks to every one! I think we are doing fairly well on acclimating every one to their new "home."
We are very honored to have all of you join us!

Happy blogging . . .

Ann-Tx
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu May 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Lash wrote:Hi Freckles,

Plumadore plead guilty last Friday, LWOP instead of the DP.

Plumadore pleads guilty to killing Aliahna Lemmon
Updated: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 6:00 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 10 May 2012, 8:21 PM EDT

More @ Link - http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/plumadore-to-appear-in-court-friday

ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) - The man accused of killing and dismembering nine-year-old Aliahna Lemmon days before Christmas last year has pleaded guilty to the crime.

Attorneys for Michael Plumadore, 39, and the State of Indiana entered a plea agreement Friday afternoon for the court's review.

The Allen County Prosecutor is seeking life without parole. 

Defense attorney, Anthony Churchward said in court that the plea agreement is Plumadore's advised course after receiving notification from Allen County Prosecuting Attorney Karen Richards that she would have pursued the death penalty had the case gone to trial.

lash, i am glad that you posted this.
thanks.

nice to see justice for this little one
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu May 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Another former Hinkster here. I didn't post much (except in Kyron's and Caylee's forums), but read lots of cases. I too, was heartbroken when I realized the Hinky was gone.

I too, will miss Val's incredible articles and comments so much, but I also felt like I had lost contact with what has become my virtual family over the past few years. You know you've been at a site a long time when you can tell who wrote a comment without even looking at their username/avatar. I never realized how much I looked forward to seeing comments from familiar faces/avatars/usernames until I couldn't. I felt so disconnected when THM went away...

until I found this site. I can't tell you how heartwarming it is to see so many familiar "faces" here. There's still a big hole in my heart, as I agree that Val is irreplaceable, but I'm so grateful to the owners of this site for welcoming us all in. Feels like I've got my "family" back! And thank you all for expressing how you feel about losing THM; made me feel comforted that so many others feel the same way I do.

Looking forward to getting familiar with this site, and so glad to be back among friends!

Thank you all so much for being here!

@Freckles (Hope I got the username right): I didn't get a chance to express my thanks for your updates on the Tammi Smith testimony. Great job!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu May 17, 2012 11:00 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:Another former Hinkster here. I didn't post much (except in Kyron's and Caylee's forums), but read lots of cases. I too, was heartbroken when I realized the Hinky was gone.

I too, will miss Val's incredible articles and comments so much, but I also felt like I had lost contact with what has become my virtual family over the past few years. You know you've been at a site a long time when you can tell who wrote a comment without even looking at their username/avatar. I never realized how much I looked forward to seeing comments from familiar faces/avatars/usernames until I couldn't. I felt so disconnected when THM went away...

until I found this site. I can't tell you how heartwarming it is to see so many familiar "faces" here. There's still a big hole in my heart, as I agree that Val is irreplaceable, but I'm so grateful to the owners of this site for welcoming us all in. Feels like I've got my "family" back! And thank you all for expressing how you feel about losing THM; made me feel comforted that so many others feel the same way I do.

Looking forward to getting familiar with this site, and so glad to be back among friends!

Thank you all so much for being here!

@Freckles (Hope I got the username right): I didn't get a chance to express my thanks for your updates on the Tammi Smith testimony. Great job!
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 19983 Glad you made it here with us.
And you are welcome if the postings were of benefit to you.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu May 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 864739 to RC, CuriousPortlander. I was sad too to see THM end. I posted there occasionally, but mostly read. I am still hoping for the best for Val. She's a terrific lady!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about RC.
We're happy you're here.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by debloree Fri May 18, 2012 1:28 am

I also was addicted to THM. I will miss it so much but glad to join RC. Thanks!

debloree

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri May 18, 2012 1:49 am

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 864739 to RC, debloree!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Fri May 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Anyhoo lets all give Val the space She needs at the momento ...I know Im speaking to the converted here an thats all our intentions .An to be here in case she needs us .She has helped so many strangers an Val will never be a stranger to any of us .Or we to her ,That was the beuty of the Hnky freindship an companionship.No formalitys just plain old common decency .Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself..Back to the point to those of you suffering withdrawls here is a link to some of Valls other works interests an writtings,,,Enjoy.. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/Valhall&display=threads
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri May 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi, ecossie possie!

Very well said.

Val will always be a special person to me and I will never forget her.

Thank you for the Link. I love reading there!

Oh, I found your Hinky avatar when I was searching for pics we posted at the Hinky. I posted it to our Just for Chat! thread here (Direct Link):

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3807p20-just-for-chat#136879
RC -- Just for Chat! - Page 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~

ecossie, a few months ago you shared a Link with us on Just for Chat at THM. It was a Link to free tv shows, movies, etc.

I accidentally deleted it. I had it saved.

Would you please post it again? It was an awesome Link.

Thanks, ecossie!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Fri May 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Ann,,Tx........ http://www.justin.tv/directory/entertainment#r=Yb6ZM2g~ ...enjoy .
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri May 18, 2012 8:47 pm

ecossie! That's it! Thank you . . . and this time I'm going to save it to my FAV and send myself an e-mail with the Link. lol

Going to do it right now!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat May 19, 2012 10:35 am

I was able to find an archive of The Hinky Meter at the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. You may be able to retrieve some of the lost information from there.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110701144100/http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunters G-ma Sat May 19, 2012 10:42 am

J4A Thank you!! I never knew that site existed.
Hunters G-ma
Hunters G-ma

Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat May 19, 2012 10:46 am

Hunters G-ma wrote:J4A Thank you!! I never knew that site existed.
You are welcome. Unfortunately the newest version of the page that is currently available is July 1, 2011, but at least you can get some valuable information about some of the older cases that haven't been solved yet.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat May 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Thank you J4A for finding an archive of the Hinky Meter!
My heart was filled with emotion when I opened the page.
I miss you Valhall!

Sail on silver girl, Sail on by, Your time has come to shine, All your dreams are on their way, See how they shine, When you need a friend, WE'RE sailing right behind, Like a bridge over troubled water, HE will ease your mind...

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 45a021d7
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunters G-ma Sat May 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Lash, it was great to see Magpie's reports there too. I almost forgot about her.
Hunters G-ma
Hunters G-ma

Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun May 20, 2012 1:31 am

Justice4all wrote:
You are welcome. Unfortunately the newest version of the page that is currently available is July 1, 2011, but at least you can get some valuable information about some of the older cases that haven't been solved yet.
Do you think 2012 Hinky Meter info would become available there some time?
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun May 20, 2012 11:51 am

Darkman wrote:
Justice4all wrote:
Do you think 2012 Hinky Meter info would become available there some time?
I think so. The mainstream sites such as Google, Youtube, and Yahoo are only indexed through the end of July 2011, so there seems to be about a ten month lag time for the most popular sites and longer for other sites.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playmuni Sun May 20, 2012 12:38 pm

I have a question....has anyone emailed Val to ask how much she is selling Hinkymeter for? it seems a bit odd to me that no one has bought it. Would she sell it with content? If not, why not?

playmuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 20, 2012 12:49 pm

playmuni wrote:I have a question....has anyone emailed Val to ask how much she is selling Hinkymeter for? it seems a bit odd to me that no one has bought it. Would she sell it with content? If not, why not?

One poster I know of was interested in that same thing and did ask her.

Apparently she does not seem interested in selling the Hinky Meter with or without content.

i guess just the domain is for sale.

Start something new!! Very Happy

I will follow your site!
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by playmuni Sun May 20, 2012 1:01 pm

She's not interested in selling the content, just the domain name? LOL. Okay then...
Perhaps it is just me, but I'm bemused by this.

playmuni

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Sun May 20, 2012 4:58 pm

playmuni wrote:She's not interested in selling the content, just the domain name? LOL. Okay then...
Perhaps it is just me, but I'm bemused by this.

Curious as to why you are bemused?
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by playmuni Sun May 20, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm bemused because I read many blogs about critical thinking written by Val and yet it seems she either she learned nothing from her lectures--either that, or she thought about it and chose to shut down her site without warning to anyone on a whim, with no regard for the friendships that were solely linked by the site (where people depended on PMs for communication), the hours of research that were posted on the site, and the loyal members who should have merited a formal notice before hand.

Then to offer to sell the domain name without the content, as if the domain name alone has any value to anyone-- except name recognition, it bemuses me. Why not sell the content with the name? At least her Hinky legacy would continue.

I'm not sure Val ever really realized just how far and how many her little blog reached. Or perhaps I'm completely wrong. But if she did realize this when she blindsided her loyal followers without even a day's notice, I really think she abandoned her critical thinking and acted on impulse, which in so many ways I find ironic.

Why wouldn't she sell the site with the content? If she's willing to sell the name which will forever be connected to her personally, then why not just hand the torch to another leader who wants/or is willing to bare the brunt of all that is Hinky? Whatever her reasons, it is in her right and I personally believe she's probably going to find much peace now that she's released herself from the perpetual negativity that comes from these discussions, but what she built was honorable and respectable and it is a shame that she doesn't recognize that every CEO must leave their post at some point or another and hand it on to a successor and then walk away knowing that what happens at that point is out of their hands.

There could be other reasons why the content isn't a part of the sale, which if we're really honest, everyone has wondered about this...whether we talk about it or not.

playmuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 21, 2012 3:45 am

Justice4all wrote:I was able to find an archive of The Hinky Meter at the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. You may be able to retrieve some of the lost information from there.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110701144100/http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
You are so incredible! Thank you for your kindness. inlove
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 11 Empty The Hinky Meter - Articles/ Misc Availabe for Viewing

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 21, 2012 6:54 am

Check it out on the RC Anthony News Portal.

Right side of the page; under your Avatar/Profile.

All you have to do is click on the title. Articles available to read; no comments avaialble.
~~~~~

http://www.realitychatter.com/?pid=4
RC - Anthony News Portal

The Hinky Meter

Categories

Closed Cases
Aja Johnson Kidnapping
Cheyenne Wolf Case
Giovanni de Lao Case
Criminal Cases
Caylee Marie Anthony Murder Trial
Coverage of Trial
Cody Chama Case
DeBlase Case
Eric Preimesberger
Faith Jackson
Jonathan Foster Case
Lauryn Dickens
Marchella Pierce Case
Sylar Newton Case
Teghan Skiba Case
Zahra Baker Case
Geopolitics and History
Hinky Alerts
Miscellaneous
The Money Pit
Missing
Haleigh Cummings Case
Kyron Horman Case
Skelton Case
My Opinion
The Science behind Forensics
Unresolved Cases
Carol Daniels Murder Case
Lacey Claire Gaines Murder Case
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 am

playmuni wrote:I'm bemused because I read many blogs about critical thinking written by Val and yet it seems she either she learned nothing from her lectures--either that, or she thought about it and chose to shut down her site without warning to anyone on a whim, with no regard for the friendships that were solely linked by the site (where people depended on PMs for communication), the hours of research that were posted on the site, and the loyal members who should have merited a formal notice before hand.

Then to offer to sell the domain name without the content, as if the domain name alone has any value to anyone-- except name recognition, it bemuses me. Why not sell the content with the name? At least her Hinky legacy would continue.

I'm not sure Val ever really realized just how far and how many her little blog reached. Or perhaps I'm completely wrong. But if she did realize this when she blindsided her loyal followers without even a day's notice, I really think she abandoned her critical thinking and acted on impulse, which in so many ways I find ironic.

Why wouldn't she sell the site with the content? If she's willing to sell the name which will forever be connected to her personally, then why not just hand the torch to another leader who wants/or is willing to bare the brunt of all that is Hinky? Whatever her reasons, it is in her right and I personally believe she's probably going to find much peace now that she's released herself from the perpetual negativity that comes from these discussions, but what she built was honorable and respectable and it is a shame that she doesn't recognize that every CEO must leave their post at some point or another and hand it on to a successor and then walk away knowing that what happens at that point is out of their hands.

There could be other reasons why the content isn't a part of the sale, which if we're really honest, everyone has wondered about this...whether we talk about it or not.

I don't understand, if Val is going to make the content of the site available via read only then why on earth would she be expected to sell the content with the domain? Then someone would surely bitch about that too. Someone would complain that all their research was turned over to the hands of someone else for a pretty penny that they never saw a dime of. Val's damned either way.

I don't think Val owes us anything. We paid nothing - and let's be honest, this kind of site is pure entertainment for us, it's not work, we're not getting paid, we get something out of it or else we wouldn't be here. It's like having our own personal evolving CSI show at our fingertips. We aren't shareholders - yes generally a CEO owes something to them - but not to us freeloaders. We come here for our pure entertainment and we are owed nothing and to think otherwise is definitely an indicator that it's time to roll away from the computer desk, hop on a bicycle and go get some fresh air in the real world, unplugged from Matrix.

This was inconvenient at best and momentarily shocking, but it's pretty evident that within *hours* people found their way to a new site and picked right back up again and yet spent *days* talking about it like they just washed ashore from a tsunami. I too momentarily felt befuddled and misdirected, but that feeling was quickly replaced by relief and "life as normal" when I realized there was a new place to park the bus at.

I also felt pretty shocked and amazed at the pure "gossipers" who felt it necessary to rehash, analyze and perpetuate Val's last words. It is what it is folks -- gossip. 'Cause all we really need to know -- all we are owed - is that the role of the site was out of balance with her real life needs -- end.of.story. And that should be good enough for us... but no.... we have to stand around the water cooler and speculate and gossip. It was pretty embarrassing to watch that play out. I would have expected better. FYI- I *don't* want to receive any more unsolicted PM's with Val's last notes/words and any more gossip involving Val. I will not participate. Please folks -- exhibit a little DIGNITY and maturity.

And playmuni - this isn't really direct at you at all -- your words just got me to thinking in general.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Mon May 21, 2012 10:49 am

I pray every day just for one child to make it home and that was my link to hinky. Google is great but someone writing in words that made since and not the media saying what they thought really help my understanding more. I thank God every day for the people that care so much more then their own parents did and Val was one that took so much time out of her life to keep us informed. Thanks momma for letting Val' work keep going and I feel if Val was able to sit hours on hours as she use to do, she would be right beside us putting her great words up here. Losing all the links are not life threating and we will be able to move on cause we have some of Val's great followers on here that learned from the best. It is like graduation day and now some of you are showing what you learned these last few years. Please keep up the good work and please do not do it for any of us but do it for all those missing or deceased children or adults, they are the ones suffering and out there in limbo until one day someone blogs they are found or justice has finally happened for them. Until that day comes nothing else matters except the caring for those that really do care and are trying to find them or find a way to get justice for themm one day the hard work will pay off.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by playmuni Mon May 21, 2012 11:01 am

Stolat,
I appreciate you clarifying that this wasn't directed at me, since you did clip my post and respond out of context.

playmuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon May 21, 2012 11:16 am

playmuni wrote:Stolat,
I appreciate you clarifying that this wasn't directed at me, since you did clip my post and respond out of context.

Yes, most of it was in general. The part I reacted to in your post was your opinion that Val should sell the content and that she "blindsided" us. To me the term Blindsided is very negative and derogatory - and perhaps you did not intend for it to sound that way, but it did elicit a reaction from me. It is my opinion that Val owes us nothing - including any "heads up". It is what is - a website in a cyber world. A free one at that. You get what you pay for. And we all found our way here pretty quickly, which seems to be a very nice place, so it seems no harm done.

As to your notion that "everyone" has wondered why the content is not for sale but not talking about it - no, I disagree - I for one could "honestly" care less. Seriously. I'm not crying over lost links, lost articles, lost pics or or icons. If I did, I seriously am spending way the hell too much time on the computer. That's just the way I feel about it and others can disagree. The site's gone. End of story. We're all here now for the most part, so the general purpose has perpetuated - -the legacy has perpetuated, perhaps without us even yet processing it yet. And that is comforting.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by playmuni Mon May 21, 2012 11:34 am

Good for you for not caring, but you care enough to comment on it, clearly. And she did blindside everyone...sorry...there's no word better I can think of. Can you?

If she needed or wanted to shut down her blog, that's her prerogative and personally I support her decision to do this and told her so when I emailed her. And if you read my comment carefully, you'd realize that I think she'd better off for it. That wasn't my point. As I already said...you pasted my post and commented out of context.

playmuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon May 21, 2012 11:59 am

playmuni wrote:Good for you for not caring, but you care enough to comment on it, clearly. And she did blindside everyone...sorry...there's no word better I can think of. Can you?

If she needed or wanted to shut down her blog, that's her prerogative and personally I support her decision to do this and told her so when I emailed her. And if you read my comment carefully, you'd realize that I think she'd better off for it. That wasn't my point. As I already said...you pasted my post and commented out of context.

Some different words do come to mind, but at that point it would be semantics and differing of opinions. The writing on the wall seemed to be coming for weeks, so in those instances I personally don't call it blindsiding. But I do respectfully understand your perception. I understand your point that if I didn't "care" or have an opinion about her selling the content, I wouldn't comment. I clarify -- I am not interested to find out why she is not selling it- it won't impact me if I will have access to the site read-only. I'll be able to glean what I want. I also appreciate that you support Val as do I, and that was evident in your words.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next