Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hinky Meter "Refugees"

+132
Ann - Tx
Dupin
hinky_shadow
Six of One
Willow123
NanaStacy
glazier
chewet
Valhall
hello clarice
Joni 10
Snaz
LucyJane
Mirantha
alabama52
khintx
jaquey
ThirdEye
stark3923
CrimeGirl
HinkySD
lily2
logbump
Fingerlakes
Rocking
Cleopatra
CasaSupporter
playmuni
debloree
CuriousPortlander
Cubs Fan
summerthyme
carlakay
KimmyK
Lash
Orgona
ClaireUncensored
Piper
LuLu-Tx
ellejay
steff13
tnvol
GoodWitch
smitty1965
Twinkle
JayBos
lotusflame
old chemistry major
inthedark
ustwin
robbyred
BrowncoatWhit
Estee
snowbird
Bmore
Glamourcat
Hobnob
Tob in Ohio
jerseyjul1
Marica
Ellie Tza
KZ
Justice4all
wonderingwhy
emberl
CA Lady
NoZone9
Chester_from_THM
auburn99girl
Hinky's Mimi
JustWinnie
Tinyworm
Gizmo711
Soprano1
DebFrmHell
lostyou
Kwest
Alessandra_Deux
hailey35
Carolina Grandma
agatha_in_SD
junie4justice
KellyJK
Lilith
Scarsmom
justanopinion
FystyAngel
Gracie
DanStar
*GEL*
JMG610
peony459
eva
CherokeeNative
Ms Esq
kimi_SFC
tesstruhart
color77
Com-Sen
Weeziethm
suz1729
ecossie possie
Gia
Mercysake
stina
ishi
KathyNY
ohwow1
Eileen_Dover
ExerSarah
Puzzler
Stolat
Igirl
nanshin
Darkman
djmed99
ruckrider bball
jeflinkin
HawaiianEye
angela_nw
Fishknees
Honeysage
SweetT
KeepingMyWitts
One Wonders
Tamta
sitemama
nanaof4
Nene_Please
Hunters G-ma
angiefly2
Chickenbutt
136 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 Empty Re: Hinky Meter "Refugees"

Post by Julie Tue May 15, 2012 11:51 am

Bagels & cream cheese too.

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 Thumbnail.aspx?img=HVB0083

I ran all the way back here with these. hehehe
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowncoatWhit Tue May 15, 2012 11:53 am

I just want to repeat a theme I know others have said elsewhere upthread...

This whole experience has really hammered home for me how much I took for granted the THM in my day-to-day life. I was mostly a lurker, but I so appreciated the thoughts and insights of a great many regulars there, the prospect of losing you all was horrible!

I never took the time to post thank you notes to the folks at THM as regularly or often as I always intended to do. I hope to have learned that lesson, and to follow through on that impulse more now, in order to share my appreciation to the special folks who do so much and bring so much to the virtual table.
BrowncoatWhit
BrowncoatWhit

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Tue May 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Can we get a head count please? Julia you are so good at everything and also thanks for the coffee and donuts. I feel full now
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Tue May 15, 2012 12:23 pm

frankly my dear I think I ate more than my my share.....but it was sooo good ty Julie
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Tue May 15, 2012 12:44 pm

ellejay wrote:--hey fellow "hinkies".

--so nice to see so many familiar names, glad i caught up w/ everyone over here!

--there will never ever be a replacement hinky meter----but this looks like a very cool place---and we refugees have rec'd such a wonderful welcome!

--thank you to the RC mods for taking us in !

Hi, ellijay! Puzzler here - but you know me from Hinky as Jigsaw Puzzle! Glad to see you here!
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Tue May 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Yumm, Julie thanks..It is sooo good to see all the Hinkys finding their way here! It feels like "old home week"! bounce
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Tza Tue May 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Maybe it's my (previous) font and color? I'm feeling invisible. tongue Trying regular/default font this time!

Did anyone see my newsy news about THM (or was that old info? I scoured but didn't see it anywhere!)
Ellie Tza
Ellie Tza

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Ellie Tza wrote:Maybe it's my (previous) font and color? I'm feeling invisible. tongue Trying regular/default font this time!

Did anyone see my newsy news about THM (or was that old info? I scoured but didn't see it anywhere!)

you know, that's funny you say that Ellie - your previous font size/color *was* hard on my eyes as I am nearly blind as a bat lol! geek This is much better, thank you!
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu-Tx Tue May 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Hello. It's good to see so many familiar faces from HinkyVille ;) and those who I recognize from my time spent on this site as well. I haven't been very active on either site, and I will probably continue to not be very active, but I will continue to read the discussions as time allows. It is so nice to know I have a "home" to come back to.

Thanks Ann, Mama, Julie, Justice (and all others too!) for being so welcoming.

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 322372

Last edited by LuLu-Tx on Tue May 15, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos. i make a lot of them!)
LuLu-Tx
LuLu-Tx

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue May 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Welcome to all of the new members here at RC! I was sad to see THM shut down, I understand Val's reasons. Life happens and you have to let some things go in order to deal with the rest. I wish her the best. I haven't been around much myself. I hope everyone is getting settled in and finding their way around.

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 904296
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Tue May 15, 2012 3:23 pm

I think everyone is having to much fun with the different things they can now add to their comments. It may be time for Momma to get the big stick out and show them their age. But really we have needed a much needed laugh after the drama we all went through over this weekend. I felt the same feeling when Lost series ended and all those people were died all along. I still feel I was lead to believe something else just to make me look stupid. I told myself not to get involved with anymore tv shows and blam I was watching the hinky meter and it went poof. I was thinking maybe my age had something to do with it but now it was not me thank god. Reaily Chatter please do not go away without sending us a email or something please ahead of time so we all have a chance to figure out where to go next but I am hoping this is my last stop before my maker takes me Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 643974
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Tue May 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Ellie Tza wrote:Maybe it's my (previous) font and color? I'm feeling invisible. tongue Trying regular/default font this time!

Yes, Val did post over on Neicy456 that she was going to put the blog up in read-only form..
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue May 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi Ellie Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 540129

Your regular font looks great! Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 88030
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 15, 2012 4:28 pm

--so nice to see so many familiar names, glad i caught up w/ everyone over here!

--there will never ever be a replacement hinky meter----but this looks like a very cool place---and we refugees have rec'd such a wonderful welcome!

ellejay! A huge warm welcome to Reality Chatter (RC)! I am so happy that you have found us!

As you can see, a lot of our great fellow former Hinksters are here. Many that we have blogged with for a long time at THM.

You are right when you say there will never, ever be a replacement Hinky Meter. The Hinky Meter was so great and unique because of Valhall (Val) and her leadership.

She is a gifted and talented writer and started all of her new threads with an introduction into the case with updated articles as the case moved forward (or maybe stalled?). It was a unique site . . . Valhall style!

I highly regard Val and have tremendous respect for her and The Hinky Meter which she considered "her home." I will miss Val and THM. Her fairness and generosity in allowing us to come into "her home," will be a pleasant memory and I am grateful that I had the privilege to be part of The Hinky Meter at one time.

I wish the very best for Val. It is time for Val to take care of herself and think of Val for a change. Based on a comment she left at Niecey's, I am confident that Val will do what she needs to do to resolve personal issues and I know she will be okay. One of Val's many attributes is that she is a critical thinker and she will work though the issues. Perhaps one day Val might have a "read only" site and share her insights and opinions with us about current events. That would be awesome!

ellejay, it is so great to have you and all of the former Hinksters here. You were my "wee hour" friend at THM and together we roamed the halls and rooms of The Hinky Meter while others slept. It's been lonely these past few wee hour mornings roaming the halls in the wee hours without you ellejay! ♥️

Here's to happy roaming the wee hours at RC with ellejay . . . . Very Happy

Oh, by the way, I spent over an hour trying to find a pic of "you" on Google so I could do a "Missing" person poster! But you are worth it, ellejay! ♥️

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Tue May 15, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Tue May 15, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi from "Claire", another Hinky Refugee (formerly NewsMuse) who mostly lurked.

I must say that it's ever so kind of RC to take in such large group of new members in short order AND then to be so patient and kind to let everyone release their shock and (sometimes) raw emotions to talk about the sudden shutdown of THM. Val is indeed one of a kind, but she did what she felt was best for now. I totally get it. (A few years ago I took myself off reading ALL blogs for over a year, and now I just read 2-3 on a regular basis. I can't even imagine the burden on her shoulders, the total burden I mean.)

It's good to see so many from THM and I'm looking forward to meeting new folks over here at RC! I may not post much (not really in to keeping up with post count numbers and such), but you can bet I read every day that I can! Also looking forward to wandering around the new playground and trying out all the new stuff -- after I catch up with a couple of the cases that I'm following ~~ C
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 155681
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue May 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi Claire, we are so happy to have all of you! Enjoy the site, enjoy the smilies, enjoy everything!

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 864739
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Moving forward . . . a new day; a new beginning . . .

To All of the New Members:

I hope you and all of the new members (many former Hinksters) will like it here at Reality Chatter (RC). The owners have extended an invitation and open arms to all of the former Hinksters.

When it was confirmed that Val's site was definitely shut down, I started a thread here inviting all to join. J4A or FystyAngel would have done the "article"/comment had they been immediately available. FystyAngel was in Florida (her mother has been very ill) and J4A was out of town. Although they monitor this site regardless of where they may be, I was not able to get in touch with them immediately.

A group of us Hinksters were on Ventrilo-Live Chat late Friday. As the discussion of the closing of the Hinky Meter evolved, EDRN (now known as chickenbutt) asked if I could post an "article"/comment here to let all of the Hinksters know that some of us are at RC and to please join us here.

We had a group discussion on Ventrilo and we decided perhaps if I would post an invite on RC some of the Hinksters would see it and join us here. I was thinking a thread title of, "Hinky Meter - former Members,". Well, our talented EDRN (now known as chickenbutt) suggested, "Hinky Meter - "Refugees".

I had limited time Friday evening because my husband and I had dinner plans. I quickly wrote the "article" and started this thread. It was hurriedly written and perhaps not the greatest "invitation" but I felt time was of the essence. I imagined there were many lost Hinksters wondering around with no place to call home. Even though I've been a member here since 2010, I felt lost and felt I was separated from Valhall and my Hinky Meter family.

I am so happy that so many of the former Hinksters have found us here at Reality Chatter. It is so nice to be among "friends" and familiar "faces" (nics) . . . the former Hinky Meter members and the regular Reality Chatter members (prior to the Hinksters joining us).

Justice4All (J4A) and FystyAngel are the Site Administrators/Owners. Once every one "gets to know" J4A and FystyAngel, I think every one will find that they are among the nicest people one can meet.

J4A and FystyAngel are looking forward to getting to all of you. FystyAngel popped into the RC Live Chat yesterday while we were on it during the Tammi Smith trial. She welcomed all that were on the Live Chat and said she is looking forward to becoming familiar with all of the new members (names) and getting to know every one. FystyAngel was in FL when she popped in. She told us on Live Chat that she will be back home on Wednesday and would be able to spend time on the comment boards.

In the past, J4A and FystyAngel have bent over backwards to try to accommodate members' requests or suggestions. Some times it has been positive and then there have been times that their efforts were not appreciated and some clearly took advantage of Justice4All and FystyAngel. They both have huge hearts.

They have worked very hard to make this site what it is. About a year ago, they did a major update to make this site more User Friendly. I just love it! I do not like sites that have all of these Forums, sub-forums, etc. My time is valuable and I don't have time to go all over the place to get to the thread I want to post on.

Once you understand how the site is set up and learn to navigate it, you will love it. There are a lot of very nice features here; thanks to J4A and FystyAngel.

When you click on Reality Chatter, you can quickly get to whatever thread you want by simply clicking on Search in the header and typing a name. For example, if I want to go to the Isabel Celis thread, all I do is click Search; type Isabel Celis; click on it and I'm there. Or I could go to the Forum and click on Missing. When a new page opens, scan thread titles and click on Isabel Celis.

The great thing about this site is one does not have to go back to the Forum or the Homepage to go from one thread to another. You can just type the name in the Search box in the Header and click on it. I think there may be another way to go to other threads without having to go back to the Forum page. If there is, J4A can let us know.

If you remember when Val switched from the blog to the Forum, there were many that were not too happy about the switch but they hopped on board and we helped one another to learn the new Forum. Our "Help!" thread was our go to place to leave questions and share info about navigating the new Forum. It was the best thread that Val could have set up for us to learn the new Forum. Up to the day that Val shut THM down, some folks were still clicking on the "Help" thread for whatever. It was an awesome thread which many THM members contributed to with their computer knowledge and helpful hints and tips.

With that being said, I think it would be helpful to have a thread here like we had at THM. All questions and eventually answers were on one thread at THM. Others could read our shared info. If one was having a certain problem they could check to see if some one else had the problem and how it was resolved.

Also, it was a place that Val or any one who knew the answer to the question could immediately offer help.

Many Hinksters that are computer savvy, posted excellent info. When Blue joined THM, she did an incredible job of posting all kind of "tutorials" with screen shots of her explanation on how to do various things that had nothing to do with navigating THM. There is some very helpful info on the Help thread at THM. I hope Val will have that thread available because there are a few "free programs" that Blue recommended and I now wish I had loaded them to my computer as she had suggested.

This thread is now over 20 pages. Through out these pages there are questions with answers about this site, there are useful Links and other helpful info. But . . . who has time to go through 20 plus pages looking for a needle in a haystack. I don't and I doubt if you have that kind of time.

I am going to set up a "Help!" thread here. I think many former Hinksters will find it helpful. Also, if J4A or FystyAngel "pop" in, they don't have to go through pages and pages to see if any one has a question.

Once again, a very warm "Welcome to all of the new members!" Hope you love it here as much as I do!

We have bent over backwards to make you feel welcomed and we want to be helpful to everyone in navigating this site. We truly are honored that so many wonderful folks have chosen Reality Chatter as a place to hang their hat or drink their coffee!

I am off to set up the "Help!" thread and will post the Link on this thread when I have it set up!

My little boy Razz and I will be back shortly!

Ann-Tx and "Buster"

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Tue May 15, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgona Tue May 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry, looks like I'm late for the party! Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 322372
I'm happy to see so many familiar names, I missed you all!
I want to thank the owners and admins of the forum for having us here. It's very kind of you! Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 803492
I sure hope Val will be able to resolve all the issues in her life and will be able to heal. I miss her and wish her well. Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 541830
Orgona
Orgona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Tue May 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi Hinky friends! I have felt lost and heartbroken since the loss of THM. I have missed you all so much! I miss Val dearly! I miss the home she shared with us. Her furniture was so dang comfortable! The pictures on the walls (avatars) and the reading material were magnificent! It was an awesome run. I'm glad to have been apart of such great memories!

The owner of that special place now needs our support and understanding. My prayers and thoughts are with you Val! You're a unique and special person!

Thank you RC for being a place for wandering Hinky's to find each other. I had a release of endorphins just seeing the avatars that made me smile everyday and the identities I've grown to know! See you all soon!
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 5:12 pm

ellejay, I am so glad you are here, your instant recall & research abilities are in a league of their own, your pretty sharp & that's the least of it. Even I, someone that is computer challenged at times, can navigate the site pretty well BECAUSE it is so user friendly. Looking forward to your contributions friend! Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 15, 2012 5:52 pm

NOTICE:

To All New Members - IMPORTANT

Okay, I have a thread set up for Questions and Answers regarding navigating Reality Chatter, how to use our many features, any problems or issues you may be experiencing, any suggestions you may have, etc.

The purpose of the thread is to isolate questions to one thread like Valhall did at The Hinky Meter. I am sure you remember the awesome "Help!" thread at THM.

Please do NOT leave any questons on this thread, "Hinky Meter - "Refugees"
regarding how to navigate this site, how to use features, etc.

Thanks!

Moving forward . . .

New thread for Questions, concerns and suggestions:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3816-help-the-hinksters-thread-for-questions-and-answers#137171
Reality Chatter - "Help!" The Hinksters thread for questions and answers!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed May 16, 2012 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunters G-ma Tue May 15, 2012 6:17 pm

steff13 wrote:Hi, all!

I used to post on the Hinky Meter all the time, but then I forgot my user ID and password, so I became a lurker. I went over there today to see if Val had anything to say about Bob Bashera (?) being on Dateline last week, and lo and behold, the site was gone! I so look forward to Val's insights on cases in the news, as well as learning about new cases that might not have made it to my local news, I hate to see that the site is down. I hope all is well.
Oh me Stef...that sweet little girl has really grown since we saw your avatar on THM.
Hunters G-ma
Hunters G-ma

Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 Empty MESSAGE from FystyAngel - Hinky Meter - "Refugees"

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 15, 2012 6:26 pm

A message FystyAngel asked me to convey when she was on Reality Chatter (RC) - Live Chat for a brief while yesterday.

If you were on Live Chat at the time, you already know this:

FystyAngel would like for you to think of the cases you were following at The Hinky Meter as well as other cases you are following. She will take all into consideration and do her best to set up a new thread for some of the cases and maybe all of them.

Also, some of the former Hinksters chatted with Fysty and told her they would like to have a Library at Reality Chatter like they had at The Hinky Meter.

They expressed to Fysty that they are lost without the Library because they used it frequently at THM. They said they hoped to move their documents, transcripts, etc that they compiled while at THM into the Library here if Fysty would set one up for them.

Fysty said she would set up a Library for them with their input as to how they want it set up.

Please be thinking about that also.

When Fysty gets back, she will probably set up a thread so you can post what cases you would like for her to set up a thread for. In the interim, have your list ready and when Fysty asks for what cases you want a thread on, you will be set to go!

She said she will be leaving Florida and anticipates being home on Wednesday, 5-16-2012. Her mother has been very ill and hopefully, FystyAngel will be able to be home on Wednesday.

FystyAngel said she will be able to be on the comment boards and she hopes to become familiar with all of the new members (names) and to get to know all of you. She is honored that you chose to join Reality Chatter.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 15, 2012 6:41 pm

art tart wrote:

ellejay, I am so glad you are here, your instant recall & research abilities are in a league of their own, your pretty sharp & that's the least of it. Even I, someone that is computer challenged at times, can navigate the site pretty well BECAUSE it is so user friendly. Looking forward to your contributions friend! Razz Razz Razz
art tart, I agree with every thing you said.

ellejay rocks! She is my "go to" person when I need help finding whatever.

art tart, this place is User Friendly. J4A and FystyAngel did a huge update and upgrade about a year ago. They worked long and hard to move things around and make this site very user friendly.

It was a blessing in disguise for me! Even though there were many RC members here that helped me, I limped along. I had no experience with a Forum and I would become so frustrated. After the upgrade, it was like running in the park on a beautiful spring day!

For about a year, I went around the world to get to a thread I wanted to type on. One day I commented on the thread when I finally found it that it took me over 30 minutes to find the thread and it is like that on a lot of threads I look for. Well, Piper, saw my comment and she said regardless of what thread you are on and want to go to another thread, just click on Search in the Header, type the name of the person and viola . . . you are there!

If I had asked some one if there was a quicker way to find a thread then I would have saved myself a year of frustration every now and then.

I hope any one who is having a problem navigating this site will leave a question on the Help! Q & A thread I just set up. Don't be like me and waddle around for a year trying to find a thread! lol

art tart, please check in on the Help Q & A thread ever so often. You might be able to help some one. The Help! thread at THM was really a team effort thread to help one another.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue May 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Greetings to all the new arrivals! We are so glad you found your way here.

Big shout out from all of us to all of us!
Yep. We're good. Just ask us!
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 901969
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Wed May 16, 2012 12:27 am

Thank you to RC and the moderators for the warm welcome to all us 'homeless hinkies!' I was shocked when I went to catch up, only to find THM 'gone' My thoughts and prayers go out to Val, she is truly gifted, and her insight will be greatly missed. After reading 24 pages of welcomes, this is a very nice and user-friendly site! Thanks again!
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed May 16, 2012 12:50 am

Justice4all wrote:
Tamta wrote:is there a special trick for getting to the most recently entered post on a thread????

For the most recent post, click the small box with arrow to the right of the username.

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 Lastes10

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 Lastes12

To go the the first post that was made in the thread since your last visit to the site, click on the small box with the arrow to the left of the thread title.

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 Lastes13

Thank you !! bounce
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed May 16, 2012 12:53 am

You are welcome Tamta.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 1:27 am

More new members today! A huge warm welcome to all of you!

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 Ivy%20Welcome
Reality Chatter Welcome

_______

Lash, I am so glad you and numerous former Hinksters found us!
In the wee hours, I saw some one was asking where you were.

Last night as I was searching for some of the pics that we posted on The Hinky Meter, you won't believe what I found. I thought of you! Check it out and let me know on the Just for Chat! thread if you remember it.

Yes! We have a Just for Chat! thread like we had at The Hinky! Cool!

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3807p20-just-for-chat#137330
Reality Chatter - Just for Chat!

See on Just for Chat:
by Ann - Tx Today at 11:28 pm

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 2:26 am

Piper wrote:Welcome to all of the new members here at RC! I was sad to see THM shut down, I understand Val's reasons. Life happens and you have to let some things go in order to deal with the rest. I wish her the best. I haven't been around much myself. I hope everyone is getting settled in and finding their way around.

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 904296

Hi, Piper!

It is so good to see you here! I love your fairy avatar. For those who do not know, Piper always has some type of "fairy" avatar.

Piper, I sure do miss you and so do many others here. One day soon I hope your schedule will permit you to be here again.

Hey, we might have to team up and make some more "In Memory Of" videos. I provide the pics and you do all of the hard work in creating an awesome video! You have no idea of how many folks in my area complimented you on the beautiful videos you made for Emma Thompson.

Take care and (((Hugs))) to you,

Ann-Tx
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 2:32 am

angiefly2 wrote:Hey Ann and Chickenbutt :) I was so sad today when I found out The Hinky Meter was no more Sad Glad to be here though. Hope to see more, if not all hinksters.

Many days late and a dollar short . . . I just saw this!

I love your avatar, angiefly! Cool . . .

I am glad to see so many Hinksters here! This is one big reunion. We are slowly regrouping.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 2:36 am

Honeysage wrote:Just wanted to jump in and say Hello and glad to have found another welcoming forum, need to take a look around and get familiar. Hope to be posting more soon.

Honeysage, so glad you made it here! Love your avatar. Our little RC dog in the Emoticons will have a playmate now. Razz Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 2850-75

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed May 16, 2012 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Wed May 16, 2012 2:38 am

Tamta wrote:
Justice4all wrote:
Tamta wrote:is there a special trick for getting to the most recently entered post on a thread????

For the most recent post, click the small box with arrow to the right of the username.

To go the the first post that was made in the thread since your last visit to the site, click on the small box with the arrow to the left of the thread title.

Thank you !! bounce

How cool! Thanks Justice! Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 541830
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 2:44 am

Justice4all wrote:

J4A, this is great! Would you please be so kind and put a copy of it on the new "Help!" thread. Thank you, J4A!

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3816-help-the-hinksters-thread-for-questions-and-answers#137391
"Help!" The Hinksters thread for questions and answers!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 3:27 am

Gia wrote:I cannot believe that the Hinky has closed. I'm still stunned!
I haven't posted much during the last few months as I've had far too much on my plate, but I read there almost every day.

Sad What a sad day!!!!!!

Ann, I will certainly invite all my face book Hinky friends over.

Gia, I have wondered where you were! I am so happy that you posted. It is good to "see" you again!

RE: Ann, I will certainly invite all my face book Hinky friends over. Please do, Gia! We hope they will come and join us here at Reality Chatter.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 3:44 am

CherokeeNative wrote:

- TX; Julie - Also, what about when discovery documents in a case (as expected shortly in the Zimmerman case) are released - is there a place where we can store those here on RC, or do we store them ourselves and post links when referring to them? I am just trying to get a "feel" of how cases are handled here.
CherokeeNative, in case you did not see the message that FystyAngel asked me to convey to every one when she was on Live Chat on Monday, FystyAngel told us that she will be setting up a Library with input from the former Hinksters.

Several former Hinksters who were on the Live Chat told FystyAngel they would like to have a Library here like they had at THM. They told Fysty that they used the Library frequently in their research and they feel lost without it. They want a place to store their documents, transcripts, autopsy reports, etc.

Hopefully, the Library can be set up real soon. I know the new members probably already have documents they need to get in a Library as they continually work on the cases they are following.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 4:51 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
NOTICE:

To All New Members - IMPORTANT

Okay, I have a thread set up for Questions and Answers regarding navigating Reality Chatter, how to use our many features, any problems or issues you may be experiencing, any suggestions you may have, etc.

The purpose of the thread is to isolate questions to one thread like Valhall did at The Hinky Meter. I am sure you remember the awesome "Help!" thread at THM.

Please do NOT leave any questions on this thread, "Hinky Meter - "Refugees"
regarding how to navigate this site, how to use features, etc.

Thanks!

Moving forward . . .

New thread for Questions, concerns and suggestions:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3816-help-the-hinksters-thread-for-questions-and-answers#137171
Reality Chatter - "Help!" The Hinksters thread for questions and answers!

Bumping!

Good morning! I have gone through the first 13 pages of this thread and have copy and pasted (to our new "Help!" thread) Helpful Info that I posted here since I started this thread. It is a slow process to scan through all of the comments looking for the Helpful Info posts, copy/paste and then bold/color.

I hope by Thursday or Friday the latest, I can have all of it copied to our "Help!" thread.

The Helpful Info posts are sandwiched in between numerous comments here. It would take a very long time for you to try to find it if you have to go through 25 pages. Your time is more valuable than that!

If you have not read all 25 pages, you may have missed a lot of the helpful info. Now all of the Helpful Info is confined to the "Help!" The Hinksters thread for questions and answers!

Please remember: Post all of your questions on the new "Help!" thread. Thanks!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Wed May 16, 2012 8:54 am

Hi all..another refugee has found her way here..it flat out broke my heart to find The Hinky Meter shut down but once I read Val's explanation I completely understand.I will be praying for this courageous..beautiful spitfire of a woman..she is a true hero in my eyes. I could not join websleuths due to some sort of email issue so was greatly releived to be accepted here.. I am not all that computer savy but I will try to learn the ropes here at my usual snail pace. Thanks so much for welcoming me.
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Wed May 16, 2012 8:56 am

Thanks Ann for all your help. Now I hope you can rest some since we all have keep you on your toes for the last 5 days. But as you can tell we all appreciate everything you and the rest of the mods here ave done and now we can get back to the reason we all are here - find those missing kids and justice for the ones that never had a chance in bleep.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 16, 2012 8:59 am

Welcome, Carlakay! I see you found the bread crumbs Ann and others tossed along the way! duckies

I fully agree with your comments re Val. She has a plate full and is trying to walk, talk, and keep her balance among a room full of legs and feet.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed May 16, 2012 9:54 am

Welcome Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 864739 to the most recent members.

Come on in, we're happy you are here.

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 Welcome
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed May 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 836886

????

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 540129

winks
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed May 16, 2012 12:28 pm

Julie wrote: Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 836886

????

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 540129

winks

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the warm welcome. As a Hinky refugee, we really appreciate having a new home, and all of the helpful tips and offers of assistance have been just grand! And then to make it over the top, you added Developing Stories, Just for Chat, and changed the latest topic comments to the middle of the home page.

WOWIE.... Very Happy
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme Wed May 16, 2012 12:33 pm

ditto on the WOWIE, my amazment is growing...like a weed. I'm loving this site and happy/thrilled. Everyone has been so nice and so helpful.
summerthyme
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 3:16 pm

summer, glad you love RC. Very Happy We aim to please.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed May 16, 2012 3:34 pm

I see Weeziethm noticed some of the changes to the homepage. I hope everybody likes it. I removed a few things that I felt were slowing it down and making it jump around. I was also hoping that putting the Latest Topics front and center would help make the site easier to navigate.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan Wed May 16, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm happy to find so many former Hinky folks here!

I must have missed the announcement of THM leaving us - I hadn't logged in for a couple weeks until yesterday and then today I came here to try to track down Ann-TX and find out what happened. Glad to see we still have a forum to keep up with all these cases!

Cubs Fan
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 4:07 pm

J4A, I really do like the changes you made to the Homepage!

I like where you put the Latest Topics. The page loads quick now.

I will miss the Banner because it was one of the "identifiers" of Reality Chatter but it did slow the page down from loading. But it is time to retire the Banner.

Thank you so very much, J4A, for trying to accommodate us. It is greatly appreciated. You sure do "spoil" us.

Moving forward . . . a new day; a new beginning for us former Hinskters!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 10 Empty CHANGES to the HOMEPAGE

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Justice4all wrote:I see Weeziethm noticed some of the changes to the homepage. I hope everybody likes it. I removed a few things that I felt were slowing it down and making it jump around. I was also hoping that putting the Latest Topics front and center would help make the site easier to navigate.
Bumping!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Wed May 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Thank you so much for the new homepage...i usually use my "dinosaur" computer for the forums and it kept freezing up on me, plus my doggie avatar was having trouble wagging his tail...but now it's all good!
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next