Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mickey Shunick -- Missing 5/19/12

+20
CuriousPortlander
wonderingwhy
WeeBonnie
Stolat
Chickenbutt
lostyou
sitemama
justanopinion
Gorita
Honeysage
BigMamaNa
Marica
Soprano1
snowbird
Julie
Calypso
Justice4all
nanaof4
Alessandra_Deux
Ann - Tx
24 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mickey Shunick -- Missing 5/19/12 - Page 7 Empty Re: Mickey Shunick -- Missing 5/19/12

Post by Stolat Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:22 pm

This makes me so so sick.

HOW MANY repeat sex offenders do we need raping and killing our girls/boys/women before our country FINALLY gets a clue and makes sexual assault a LIFE sentence instead of a slap on the wrist where they get out and DO IT AGAIN -repeatedly. How many people have to die and tossed into trash like a used condom? Why is this such a hard thing for our country to grasp? These people are PERMANENTLY broken. It's almost statistically proven with only a narrow margin of outliers. Their crimes only escalate and the drive is far more dangerous than crimes of greed or hate.

First offense needs to be their LAST!!! how do we make that happen??
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Mickey Shunick -- Missing 5/19/12 - Page 7 Empty Re: Mickey Shunick -- Missing 5/19/12

Post by Freckles Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:29 pm

Stolat wrote:This makes me so so sick.

HOW MANY repeat sex offenders do we need raping and killing our girls/boys/women before our country FINALLY gets a clue and makes sexual assault a LIFE sentence instead of a slap on the wrist where they get out and DO IT AGAIN -repeatedly. How many people have to die and tossed into trash like a used condom? Why is this such a hard thing for our country to grasp? These people are PERMANENTLY broken. It's almost statistically proven with only a narrow margin of outliers. Their crimes only escalate and the drive is far more dangerous than crimes of greed or hate.

First offense needs to be their LAST!!! how do we make that happen??
I like that!
"First offense needs to be their LAST!!! "
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:44 pm

I agree Stolat and Freckles. There is no cure for a sex offender, but they often escalate their crimes and kill the next victim/witness in an attempt to avoid being sent back to prison.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Justice4all wrote:I agree Stolat and Freckles. There is no cure for a sex offender, but they often escalate their crimes and kill the next victim/witness in an attempt to avoid being sent back to prison.

That does seem to be the link, J4A. It does seem that they start out as rapists, but then when the threat of going to jail becomes real, they turn into murderers.

Even MORE argument for why it is important to make first offenses the last offense. Because by returning them to the streets, we are only GIVING them their motivation to kill.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Mickey Shunick -- Missing 5/19/12 - Page 7 Empty The Brother Of Brandon Scott Lavergne Now Speaks Out, Plus Lavergne’s Mother Reveals Adoption

Post by Stolat Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:09 pm

I'll bet money the P.I. hired by Mickey's father dug up the adoption records. I understand what she's saying, but I'm not sure I completely buy her motivation. I still get a sense she is distancing her biological family from his actions. If he didn't know he was adopted, then FB is a shitty way for a mom to do it. If he did, then big deal and no reason for mom to make this big grand statement over it. People adopt all the time. It's not a crime. She states it as if it's almost a secret and no one was supposed to know. If that is the case, then breaking the news on Facebook is about the lousiest thing I think I've heard a mother do. But I don't think that's what this is -- I think this is more of way to distance themselves. And notice the FB comments have now been deleted. Likely he lawered up and had her remove the incriminating statements.

http://1079ishot.com/the-brother-of-brandon-scott-lavergne-now-speaks-out-plus-lavergnes-mother-reveals-adoption/
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Goes to Grand Jury July 18 @ 3 PM

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120710/NEWS01/120710011
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:49 am

Grand jury to hear evidence against Lavergne

Written by Claire Taylor
The Daily Advertiser - Lafayette, La

1:32 AM, Jul 11, 2012

On July 18, a grand jury will be asked to decide whether there's probable cause to indict Brandon Scott Lavergne, 33, on charges of first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in connection with the disappearance of University of Louisiana at Lafayette student Mickey Shunick.

"A prompt presentation to the grand jury was expected," considering the magnitude of the case and the tremendous amount of publicity it has received, said Crowley lawyer Clay Lejeune, one of Lavergne's defense attorneys.

Lavergne was arrested Thursday in connection with the disappearance of Shunick, who was last seen in the early morning hours of May 19. Surveillance video captured her riding her bicycle on St. Landry Street heading toward St. Mary Boulevard in Lafayette about 1:45 a.m.

Snipped:

The case is set to go before a grand jury at 3 p.m. July 18 in 15th Judicial District Court in Lafayette, according to District Attorney Mike Harson.

Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes is expected to handle the case, he said.

Read multi page article:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120711/NEWS01/207110313/Grand-jury-hear-evidence-against-Lavergne?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:01 am

Grand jury takes up case of missing Lafayette woman next week

Updated: Jul 10, 2012 4:47 PM CDT

WVUE - New Orleans, LA

Mickey Shunick -- Missing 5/19/12 - Page 7 18994408_BG1
Photo: Lafayette Police Dept.

LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) - Officials say a grand jury next week will consider the case involving the man accused of kidnapping and murdering college student Mickey Shunick.

Read more:

http://www.fox8live.com/story/18994408/grand-jury-to-take-up-missing-lafayette-woman-next-week?clienttype=printable
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:35 am

I thought a grand jury came before an arrest? This seems backwards to me.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:13 am

http://www.klfy.com/story/18959578/arrest-made-in
KLFY - Lafayette, LA -- Updated 7/10/12

Lavergne to Face Grand Jury

Snipped:

According to the Lafayette Clerk of Court Criminal Division, Brandon Scott Lavergne will stand before a Lafayette Parish Grand Jury on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 9:00 AM. He is charged with the aggravated kidnapping and murder of Mickey Shunick and failure to register as a sex offender.

Lavergne has opted for a public defense.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:14 am

http://www.lafayetteparishclerk.com/
Lafayette Parish Clerk of Court
15th Judicial District of Louisiana
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Crowley Hairdresser says Suspect had Knife Wound.....

And she had made a date, was waiting for him to call when she heard of the arrest....

http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:45 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:Crowley Hairdresser says Suspect had Knife Wound.....

And she had made a date, was waiting for him to call when she heard of the arrest....

http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck
Interesting how people respond. Her first thoughts were, "It could have been me, " rather than any other thought such as, "Oh! That poor girl! I know him and he can be so cunning!" Or even, "Are they sure they have the right person??? I know him!!!"

Hindsight. Maye people should start to check out their "friends" and "dates" before it does end up them.

“I didn’t know he was a sex offender,” Bourriague says. “I didn’t know any of that. I’m most shook up that he sat in my chair. He hugged me before he left the shop. That could have been me. I cannot even sleep at night."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:19 am

Acadiana Hairdressers Discuss The Behavior Of Brandon Scott Lavergne

By: Chris Reed
107.9 Radio
Lafayette, LA

Mickey Shunick -- Missing 5/19/12 - Page 7 Brandon_scott_lavergne_new3-503x6301
LPD

Snipped:

The Independent spoke to a Crowley hairdresser, Holly Bourriague, who cut Lavergne’s hair on several occasions. She notes that the last time he came in for a hair cut, June 20th, she noticed what appeared to be a cut on this neck. Keep in mind, this appointment with Bourriague was one month after the disappearance of Mickey Shunick. The stylist would describe the cut on Lavergne’s neck, as seen in the mug shot, to be an apparent “knife wound.” Bourriague says she could not tell how old the wound was but does not remember noticing it before.

Read more:

http://1079ishot.com/acadiana-hairdressers-discuss-the-behavior-of-brandon-scott-lavergne/

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:34 am

Brandon Scott Lavergne 1999 Arrest Report

By: Dj Digital
107.9 Radio
Lafayette, LA

July 10, 2012

Mickey Shunick -- Missing 5/19/12 - Page 7 Brandon_scott_lavergne_1999_arrest_report
Facebook/Scribd

An updated affidavit of arrest containing investigative details in Brandon Scott Lavergne’s 1999 aggravated burglary/aggravated oral sexual battery case has been posted on Scribd. Lavergne is currently being held on charges of aggravated kidnapping and first-degree murder in connection with the disappearance of Mickey Shunick, the 22-year-old UL student from Lafayette that has been missing since May 19, 2012.

Read more:

http://1079ishot.com/brandon-scott-lavergne-1999-arrest-report/
~~~

Per 107.9, if you have problems reading the report on their site, you can read it here. 107.9 warns that the report is graphic:

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/1079ishot.com/files/2012/07/99700480-Brandon-Scott-Lavergne-1999-Arrest-Updated.pdf
pdf: Brandon Scott Lavergne 1999 Arrest

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:18 am

I was quite surprised she was looking forward to dating someone with such a fresh big knife wound. A guy would need a darned good - and verifiable - explanation for that. But I'd assume he'd gotten himself into trouble and who needs someone like that. Also - you'd think she would have heard about his ten year stretch in jail for a sex crime? But the knife scar didn't give her pause.
Kinda like the other neighbor blowing off the notices of sex criminals because she "doesn't like to "judge". I feel sorry for her kids.

Freckles wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:Crowley Hairdresser says Suspect had Knife Wound.....

Interesting how people respond. Her first thoughts were, "It could have been me, " rather than any other thought such as, "Oh! That poor girl! I know him and he can be so cunning!" Or even, "Are they sure they have the right person??? I know him!!!"

Hindsight. Maye people should start to check out their "friends" and "dates" before it does end up them.

“I didn’t know he was a sex offender,” Bourriague says. “I didn’t know any of that. I’m most shook up that he sat in my chair. He hugged me before he left the shop. That could have been me. I cannot even sleep at night."

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:20 am

http://www.katc.com/news/police-will-continue-to-search-more-land-in-connection-with-lavergne/
KATC - Lafayette, LA -- 7/12/12

Police will continue to search more land in connection with Lavergne

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:21 am

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120712/NEWS01/120712015/Shunick-volunteers-react-latest-developments-case?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE
The Daily Advertiser - Layayette, LA -- 7/12/12

Shunick volunteers react to latest developments in the case
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:27 am

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120712/NEWS01/120712002/Search-Shunick-turns-up-nothing?odyssey=nav%7Chead
The Town Talk - Alexandria, LA - 7/12/12

Search for Shunick turns up nothing
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:58 am

http://theadvocate.com/news/3334883-123/new-developments-in-shunick-case
The Advocate - Baton Rouge, LA -- 7/13/12

New developments in Shunick case

Snipped:

On Thursday evening, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Lavergne had filed a report May 19 alleging he was the victim of an aggravated assault. Deputies took the report at Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway, said Col. John Fortunato, commander of the public information office.

KATC–TV reported Thursday that the incident report states Lavergne showed up at Oschner Hospital just after 11 p.m. on May 19. Lavergne, who had been stabbed in the chest, back, neck and hand, said he was attacked outside a gas station at 3 p.m. that day, the TV station reported.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:05 am

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-s-whereabouts-after-mickey-s-disappearance-becomes-clearer/
KATC - Lafayette, LA 7/12/12

Lavergne's Whereabouts After Mickey's Disappearance Becomes Clearer

Snipped:

After that, it appears he headed east on I-10 to New Orleans. On May 19th, Lavergne checked into Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway around 11:00 pm, claiming he had been attacked and stabbed several times by a stranger at an unknown gas station.

In the incident report, Lavergne told Jefferson Parish deputies he was attacked around 3:00 pm that day, but they said Lavergne could not tell them where the gas station was, he would give no street names, buildings or landmarks.

Lavergne claimed he was in town visiting a friend and would return home when he left the hospital. He also said his wallet and driver's license was stolen.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:36 am

http://jades.lafayettesheriff.com:8888/index2.php?nav=record&id=792068
JADES - Lafayette Sheriff.com Current as of 7/13/12

New mug shot of Lavergne, Brandon Scott. This mug shot is of a clean shaven Lavergne.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-s-whereabouts-after-mickey-s-disappearance-becomes-clearer/
KATC - Lafayette, LA 7/12/12

Lavergne's Whereabouts After Mickey's Disappearance Becomes Clearer

Snipped:

After that, it appears he headed east on I-10 to New Orleans. On May 19th, Lavergne checked into Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway around 11:00 pm, claiming he had been attacked and stabbed several times by a stranger at an unknown gas station.

In the incident report, Lavergne told Jefferson Parish deputies he was attacked around 3:00 pm that day, but they said Lavergne could not tell them where the gas station was, he would give no street names, buildings or landmarks.

Lavergne claimed he was in town visiting a friend and would return home when he left the hospital. He also said his wallet and driver's license was stolen.

Reading that article gave me the chills. Seems Mickey fought back. Poor girl. To bad she didn't get him in an artery/vein.
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:44 pm

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Suspect-was-treated-for-stab-wounds-in-Jefferson-Shunick-went-missing-162367686.html
WWL-TV -- New Orleans, LA - 7/13/12

Suspect in Mickey Shunick case was treated for stab wounds day she disappeared

Snipped:

JEFFERSON PARISH, La. -- New details are emerging about the day a missing Lafayette college student disappeared and it now appears the prime suspect was in the metro New Orleans area, hours after Mickey Shunick vanished.

According to an incident report from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, Brandon Lavergne showed up at Ochsner Hospital on the night of May 19, with multiple stab wounds on his chest, back, neck and hand.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:01 am

http://www.fox8live.com/story/19023050/jp-deputys-incident-report-could-be-part-of-missing-students-probe
WVUE - New Orleans, LA -- 7/13/12

JP deputy's incident report could be part of Shunick probe
~~~

Article with video
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:26 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:

Light a candle for Mickey Shunick . . . . . so that she may be found soon!

I have started an exclusive Candle Group for Mickey Shunick at Gratefulness.org.

The exclusive candle group is titled: *MS-L* for Mickey Shunick - Lafayette

Please light a candle for Mickey's safe return or that she may be found soon. You can leave
a brief message with the candle you light.

It is free! You can light as many candles as you desire and as often as you desire.

Candles stay lit for 48 hours. If you want to continuously keep a candle lit for Mickey,
please be sure to light one prior to your candle being extinguished.

You can also "mouse over" the candles or click on the lit candles and read the messages left for Mickey.

Click on an unlit candle and follow the instructions. There is no charge for lighting a candle.

Please keep the candles burning for Mickey! May you be found safe soon, Mickey!

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=MS%20%2DL
gratefulness.org -- Candle Group: *MS-L* -- Mickey Shunick - Lafayette
Bumping! Please light a candle for Mickey Shunick. Thanks!

Let's keep these candles burning and the prayers for justice coming.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:42 am

From earlier shared link:
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Suspect-was-treated-for-stab-wounds-in-Jefferson-Shunick-went-missing-162367686.html

Suspect in Mickey Shunick case was treated for stab wounds day she disappeared
July 13, 2012

" According to an incident report from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, Brandon Lavergne showed up at Ochsner Hospital on the night of May 19, with multiple stab wounds on his chest, back, neck and hand."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:49 am

From earlier posted link:
http://www.fox8live.com/story/19023050/jp-deputys-incident-report-could-be-part-of-missing-students-probe

July 13, 2012

"According to the police report, Lavergne stated that, around 3:00 p.m. on May 19, he was driving in an unfamiliar area and his GPS was not working. He said he pulled into a gas station to get directions and was attacked by an unidentified man wearing a football jersey and black hat covering most of his face. Lavergne said the man stole his wallet. He said he then drove around until he found a hospital."

BBM
I wonder if the GPS has been pulled from his current vehicle.
And, was the GPS recoverable from the burnt out truck.
One would think he would mention his TRUCK had been stolen along with the wallet, etc.. Strange he did not report that little detail. And report it ASAP rather than waiting hours and hours afte the supposed attack.

IMO, the perp waited to go to the hospital until he had disposed of Mickey. So we now know the time/distance he traveled in order to search for her. Unless he hid the body, then went and retrieved the body to move it to a new location.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:49 pm

So sad to imagine her last minutes with this big brute.
Hopefully they have good forensics to nail the case shut with.
Freckles wrote:From earlier posted link:

July 13, 2012

"According to the police report, Lavergne stated that, around 3:00 p.m. on May 19, he was driving in an unfamiliar area and his GPS was not working. He said he pulled into a gas station to get directions and was attacked by an unidentified man wearing a football jersey and black hat covering most of his face. Lavergne said the man stole his wallet. He said he then drove around until he found a hospital."

BBM
I wonder if the GPS has been pulled from his current vehicle.
And, was the GPS recoverable from the burnt out truck.
One would think he would mention his TRUCK had been stolen along with the wallet, etc.. Strange he did not report that little detail. And report it ASAP rather than waiting hours and hours afte the supposed attack.

IMO, the perp waited to go to the hospital until he had disposed of Mickey. So we now know the time/distance he traveled in order to search for her. Unless he hid the body, then went and retrieved the body to move it to a new location.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 pm

http://www.gueydantoday.com/view/full_story/19322273/article-Lavergne-suspect-already-in-death-of-a-young-woman?instance=home_news_lead
The Gueydan Journal (VermilionToday.com) - LA 7/14/12

Lavergne suspect already in death of a young woman

Snipped:

While the Evangeline case was working its way through the system, Lavernge married a woman in Natchitoches in Sept. 1999. They divorced in October 2000, according to records in Opelosuas.

The wife alleged Lavergne at one time tried to smother her and another time hit her in the face and threw her down by the neck.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Has it been stated that Mickey had something on her that could have been used for a weapon? Were these wounds of her fighting her attacker? I hope so.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Snowbird--
In one of the links from above (can't recall which) it stated Mickey always carried some sharp with her and a can of pepper spray.

Last edited by Freckles on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:55 pm

This notice has sat in my in box for days. I just couldn't bring myself to come here and read. I wonder if the location of the burnt truck was the end of his drive into Texas, or if he had gone further and was on his way back when he ditched and burned the truck. Sure would like to know how he was able to return home from there. Hitch hiking, bus, a friend.. You can bet when he stopped for gas he went off the path to some out of the way gas station.
Marica
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Marica wrote:This notice has sat in my in box for days. I just couldn't bring myself to come here and read. I wonder if the location of the burnt truck was the end of his drive into Texas, or if he had gone further and was on his way back when he ditched and burned the truck. Sure would like to know how he was able to return home from there. Hitch hiking, bus, a friend.. You can bet when he stopped for gas he went off the path to some out of the way gas station.
Well, HE is the one who mentioned the GPS system.
I have to wonder if he disabled it on either one or both of the trucks.
IMO, he had to have someway to get from where he dumped his truck and that means someone else may have been assisting him in TX to get him back to LA. I feel very confident the LE are on to this! It is far from a cold case.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:38 pm

Missing: Michaela “Mickey” Shunick, 22 Yrs., Lafayette, LA, 05/19/12

Posted on 14. Jul, 2012 by smckinney

07/14/12 — Texas EquuSearch has returned to Lafatette, LA to assist Lafayetted Police Department in locating Mickey Shunick. We will be using Texas EquuSearch members ONLY. No civilian volunteers will be allowed to search with us on this search.

Read more: http://texasequusearch.org/2012/07/missing-michaela-mickey-shunick-22-yrs-lafayette-la-051912/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:27 am

Freckles wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:
Bumping! Please light a candle for Mickey Shunick. Thanks!

Let's keep these candles burning and the prayers for justice coming.

I lit a candle for Mickey & I think I feel worse, the realization her life was taken is terribly sad. Mickey gave this SOB hell, she injured him enough for the POS to have to go to the hospital, she fought for her life but the guy is so big, Mickey never had a chance but she didn't go down without a fight. In La. we have the death penalty, I hope he gets it.

I pray Mickey is found, the pain her parent's are in is hard to even think about, Mickey needs to come home to loved ones & friends, that's the least the perp can do is to tell where he dumped her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:47 am

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120715/NEWS01/120715001
Alexandria Town Talk - Alexandria, LA -- 7/15/12

'Solid information' on Lafayette murder suspect, but 'pushed into moving on it'
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Texas Equusearch returns to Acadiana to search for Shunick!

This time around, Equusearch and police only want trained professionals involved in the search, not local volunteers, to reduce the risk of compromising important evidence.

So far, however, no evidence has been retrieved, according to Miller.

“We have not located anything that has anything to do with this case,” Miller said. “We eliminated a lot, a lot of areas, but we’ve still got many to eliminate. But we’re with detectives every day looking at the maps and planning what we’re going to.”

http://www.wafb.com/story/19032016/texas-group-returns-to-help-look-for-mickey-shunick

EIGHT weeks later still questions!

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20120716/NEWS03/120716013/Eight-weeks-later-still-questions-Mickey-Shunick-case

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:32 am

Judge sets hearing on bond reduction

By jason brown
Acadiana bureau
July 18, 2012

LAFAYETTE — Brandon Scott Lavergne is scheduled to appear before a 15th Judicial District judge at 9 a.m. July 27 for a preliminary examination and bond reduction in his arrest in the May 19 disappearance of Michaela “Mickey” Shunick, of Lafayette.

Judge Herman C. Clause signed the order Tuesday afternoon.

Lavergne, 33, of the Lawtell area in St. Landry Parish, is being held without bail at the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center on counts of first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in the University of Louisiana at Lafayette student’s disappearance.

Lavergne’s attorney, Burleigh G. Doga, initially filed the motion Monday at the Lafayette Parish Courthouse.

http://theadvocate.com/news/3373139-123/judge-sets-hearing-on-bond
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:36 am

Lavergne to Face Grand Jury

2 hours ago

The case against Brandon Scott Lavergne heads to a grand jury Wednesday. That jury will review the evidence and decide if Lavergne will go to trial.

He's charged with first degree murder and aggravated kidnapping.

Lavergne was arrested July 5th. He soon opted for public defense, according to the Lafayette Clerk of Courts.

On Monday, Lavergne's attorney Burleigh Doga filed a motion to have his bond reduced, among other requests. A judge set bond at 250-thousand dollars for Lavergne's kidnapping charge, but no bond was set for the murder charge.

http://www.klfy.com/story/19050035/lavergne-to-face-grand-jury
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:45 am

I hope he isn't bonded out. If he is, IMO, he will skip. He is a danger to society. Not once, but twice that has been shown.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Freckles wrote:I hope he isn't bonded out. If he is, IMO, he will skip. He is a danger to society. Not once, but twice that has been shown.

Freckles, I too hope the POS isn't bonded out & am appalled that the Public Defender (in Alessandra's article) has ask for a reduction in bond though I guess it is her job to do so.

A real menace to society, I agree, he will flee, he already burnt his own truck to destroy possible DNA/other evidence, possibly blood, etc., lied when he showed at the emergency room & claimed a ridiculous bogus robbery INSTEAD of the fact that Mickey wounded him as she fought for her life, imo. There is absolutely no reason to believe he won't hurt another innocent person, after all, he too is an unregistered sex offender.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:30 pm

I wonder how a bond can even be offered when someone is charged with such a crime. Especially since he has a previous record as a sex offender and has failed to register himself.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Marica wrote:I wonder how a bond can even be offered when someone is charged with such a crime. Especially since he has a previous record as a sex offender and has failed to register himself.

Marica, I don't get it either since he HID the fact from Police by claiming his driver's license was stolen in the bogus robbery taking LE an extra day or 2 to figure this out, then they could arrest him for being an "unregistered sex offended."

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:53 pm

We have seen over and over how ppl can break laws, ignore laws, and act as if they are special getting away with schidt most of us would end up paying huge fines for or spending time in county for our crimes. I just don't get it.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Michaela "Mickey" Shunick murder-kidnap case to grand jury, to weigh evidence against Brandon Lavergne

July 18, 2012 2:06 PM

Mickey Shunick -- Missing 5/19/12 - Page 7 Michaela-Shunick-06_540x405

CBS/KLFY) LAFAYETTE, La. - A grand jury is expected to consider Wednesday if the case against Brandon Scott Lavergne, who is charged with first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in the disappearance of Louisiana student Mickey Shunick, will go to trial.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57474921-504083/michaela-mickey-shunick-murder-kidnap-case-to-grand-jury-to-weigh-evidence-against-brandon-lavergne/

Photo Gallery:

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10012389.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:27 am

http://kpel965.com/lafayette-grand-jury-indicts-brandon-lavergne-on-first-degree-murder-charges-against-mickey-shunick-lisa-pate/

BREAKING: Lafayette Grand Jury Indicts Brandon Lavergne On First Degree Murder Charges Against Mickey Shunick, Lisa Pate

LAFAYETTE, La. (KPEL) — A grand jury has indicted Brandon Scott Lavergne on charges he kidnapped and murdered missing University of Louisiana at Lafayette student Mickey Shunick. But in a surprising development, the grand jury also indicted Lavergne on a separate first degree murder charge stemming from a case in July of 1999.

***SNIPPED: Read more at article.....
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:30 am

http://kpel965.com/brandon-lavergne-admitted-to-hospital-night-mickey-shunick-disappeared/

Brandon Lavergne Admitted To Hospital Night Mickey Shunick Disappeared

(KPEL) — Brandon Scott Lavergne was admitted to a hospital in Jefferson Parish, suffering from several stab wounds, the same day missing University of Louisiana at Lafayette student Mickey Shunick disappeared.

According to reports, deputies there interviewed Lavergne at an Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway at 11 p.m. the night of May 19. Shunick disappeared at two that morning.

**SNIPPED: Read more at article....
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:31 am

IIRC, there are two charges against: One is bondable, the other is NOT BONDABLE. Look to the link I had given.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:42 am

http://www.katc.com/news/body-found-in-east-texas/

From KLTV (ABC affiliate in east Texas): A body has been discovered in a wooded area in East Texas. No word yet on the identity, or even the gender. The Cass County Sheriff's Office and Atlanta Police Department are in charge of the investigation. The exact location of the body has not been released, but officials did say it's in a wooded area north of Atlanta.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next