Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #3

+31
Sherry
Marica
Hinky's Mimi
alabama52
emberl
Weeziethm
sitemama
Chickenbutt
ishi
jacct
justanopinion
snowbird
angela_nw
serenaz1
tesstruhart
marcena2
Ann - Tx
ellejay
Tamta
Puzzler
wmaden
KZ
DebFrmHell
Stolat
Gizmo711
Alessandra_Deux
Porky
CherokeeNative
Freckles
WeeBonnie
Requiem
35 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #3

Post by Puzzler Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:23 pm

DebFrmHell wrote:I saved this into favorites for referencing. It is usually updated within a day or two of any Motions or Hearings.

http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

I wanted to remind people that there are a lot of court documents available for viewing that are not necessariy in the 183 page Doc Dump.

DebFrmHell - TY for the link
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #3

Post by Stolat Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:24 pm

KZ wrote:Stolat said:

I think i did read (shortly after it was first revealed about the money) that MOM was sure to point out early on that HE (not GZ or GZ affiliates) would be diredtly responsible for the new funds established. So yeah, I sorta got the impressoin that MOM appointed himself Trustee. That's not to say the money cannot be used for GZ's security, expenses, etc -- but I see no reason why MOM would feel much reason to place higher priority than on his defense expense.

MOM has said both publicly and in court that a neutral third party, not him, is the trustee for the defense account, and that every penny is well documented. Both incoming and outgoing. Neither GZ nor MOM have access to that account directly, which has been stated over and over. MOM will provide accounting of that fund to the court when and if he is required to by law. I don't have links right now, but I read within the last couple of days that MOM also stated he has not taken any payment from those funds yet.

GZ's defense fund will have a tremendous amount of scrutiny, going back to before the bond hearing. MOM can only control what he was initially given control of, and I have no doubt that from THAT point onward, the accounting is impeccable. MOM's personal life and business were running just fine before taking on the GZ case-- which he initially planned to take pro bono. MOM is not exactly Jose Baez with his finances.

He has acted very ethically, IMO, with that money from the time he was given control of it. He immediately established the trust and the custodial control outside of his and his client's control. That is the most ethical thing he possibly could have done. Compare and contrast that to Jose Baez and the $200K+ he personally controlled from ABC in the Casey Anthony case.

I agree with you KZ - MOM will not let this guy drag years of building a reputable practice down the drain. Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't remember if it was MOM or a third party who had control of the new funds but the point no matter what was that it was *not* GZ in any case. Wise.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:01 pm

/ OT:
Ha ha - When you find more uses for party balloons, let me know!
;-)

Stolat wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:I wish I'd seen this earlier Deb!
If you cut a party ballon and place it over the nut, you get a little extra grip with your wrench. It can lessen the stripping.

DebFrmHell wrote:
:D :D :D

I just got up from my 2 hours nap and am all kinds of fiesty! You drink coffee, I am going to go and try once again to get the bolt off of the lawnmower blade without stripping it! I ((heart)) swearing at the LM.

O/T - WOW! that is one of the coolest tricks I've heard of - thanks! That could work for a whole lot of things. I'm a diy fixer as I'm the only one keeping my house standing so these things are good to know!

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Dupe

Last edited by WeeBonnie on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Zimmerman Could Get Released from Jail June 29

Florida law lists 12 general factors for a judge to consider at a bail hearing. The factors include:

-The nature and circumstances of the offense charged.
-The weight of the evidence against the defendant.
-The defendant's family ties, length of residence in the community, employment history, financial resources, and mental condition.
-The defendant's past and present conduct, including conduct in court.
-The source of funds used to post bail or procure an appearance bond.
-Any other facts the court considers relevant.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/07/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS388432303020120607
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Zimmerman to get new bond hearing

According to the defense, Zimmerman raised $204,000 on the website. Of that money, about $150,000 was transferred to the current legal defense fund and $30,000 "was used to make the complicated transition from private life in Sanford, Fla., to a life in hiding as a defendant in a high-profile court case. The balance of approximately $20,000 was kept liquid to provide living expenses for the first several months as the legal process unfolds."

In its forthcoming motion. the defense will argue that Zimmerman should be released on bond because he is not a flight risk.

"While Mr. Zimmerman acknowledges that he allowed his financial situation to be misstated in court, the defense will emphasize that in all other regards, Mr. Zimmerman has been forthright and cooperative," according to a defense post.

"He gave several voluntary statements to the police, re-enacted the events for them, gave voice exemplars for comparison and stayed in ongoing contact with the Department of Law Enforcement during his initial stage of being in hiding. He has twice surrendered himself to law enforcement when asked to do so, and this should demonstrate that Mr. Zimmerman is not a flight risk. He has also complied with all conditions of his release, including curfew, keeping in touch with his supervising officers, and maintaining his GPS monitoring, without violation."

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/06/07/3647181/zimmerman-to-get-new-bond-hearing.html
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:30 pm

New bond hearing scheduled for George Zimmerman in fatal Fla. neighborhood watch shooting

At the hearing, Shellie Zimmerman testified that the couple had limited funds for bail because she was a full-time student and her husband wasn’t working. Prosecutors say Zimmerman actually had raised $135,000 in donations from a website he created.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/new-bond-hearing-scheduled-for-george-zimmerman-in-fatal-fla-neighborhood-watch-shooting/2012/06/07/gJQA2eyvKV_story.html

Last edited by Tamta on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Zimmerman and ‘Stand Your Ground’: five things you should know

But as a recent Tampa Bay Times investigation indicates, the Martin incident is far from the only example of the law’s reach in Florida. The paper identified nearly 200 instances since 2005 where the state’s Stand Your Ground law has played a factor in prosecutors’ decisions, jury acquittals or a judge’s call to throw out the charges. (Not all the cases involved killings. Some involved assaults where the person didn’t die.)

Tampa Bay Times Investigation
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/florida-stand-your-ground-law-yields-some-shocking-outcomes-depending-on/1233133

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/zimmerman-and-stand-your-ground-five-things-you-should-know
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:43 pm

Zimmerman's bond hearing set for June 29, attorney says

Snipped
BBM

-The bond hearing was pushed back a couple of weeks because of scheduling issues with Judge Kenneth Lester and the other attorneys.

Re: Shellie Zimmerman

-"He's worried now because the judge is now worried about their lack of candor," said O'Mara. "The focus is going to be on Shelly, because Shelly is the one that didn't state affirmatively that the money was available when she knew it was there. So, yes we are going to have to deal with that."

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/Zimmerman-s-bond-hearing-set-for-June-29-attorney-says/-/14266478/14663842/-/se1iusz/-/index.html#ixzz1xGBrnM4o

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:50 am

Tamta=
Let Snaz know so it may be calendared at the top of the page.

Date, time, event plus the link for reference.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:56 am

Tamta wrote:Zimmerman's bond hearing set for June 29, attorney says

Snipped
BBM

-The bond hearing was pushed back a couple of weeks because of scheduling issues with Judge Kenneth Lester and the other attorneys.

Re: Shellie Zimmerman

-"He's worried now because the judge is now worried about their lack of candor," said O'Mara. "The focus is going to be on Shelly, because Shelly is the one that didn't state affirmatively that the money was available when she knew it was there. So, yes we are going to have to deal with that."

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/Zimmerman-s-bond-hearing-set-for-June-29-attorney-says/-/14266478/14663842/-/se1iusz/-/index.html#ixzz1xGBrnM4o

--ahhh......so shellie was the one that flat out lied to the Court.

--while the "potted palm" was 'fearful to disclose' info ...

--( be careful not to step off the sidewalk shellie----there's a bus headed your way.)
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:21 am

Freckles wrote:Tamta=

Freckles, J4A maintains the Calendar. Justice4All (J4A) requested we PM him regarding info that should be entered on the Calendar.

Please include a Link that indicates the info so he does not have to research it to verify it. If one does not know how to Link, indicate where J4A can find the info.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:28 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
Freckles wrote:Tamta=

Freckles, J4A maintains the Calendar. Justice4All (J4A) requested we PM him regarding info that should be entered on the Calendar.

Please include a Link that indicates the info so he does not have to research it to verify it. If one does not know how to Link, indicate where J4A can find the info.
Thanks. Much appreciated info.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:03 am

I'm sure the jailhouse tapes will come in and George will be heard telling Shellie what to do. Also, O'Mara is certainly not going to take the fall for Zimmerman, so it's obvious that Zimmerman had infact told O'Mara that he was broke. The lawyer cannot go in front of the judge and claim indigent without first descussing it with his client and family to see what money, if any, can be raised. So everyone, including Georgie lied to get a lower bond.

Lets not forget that a passport (the valid one) was also held back from the court at the request of Georgie to his wife. All this very much indicates that Georgie may very well have had intentions of running if things didn't go his way.

$30,000 dollars for moving expenses? Give me a break, that's a pretty large down payment on a house, not moving expenses. What was he moving? Even if he was going cross country, it would not have cost 30,000. I say he is still holding on to more than is needed and enough to run with.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by marcena2 Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:14 am

Porky wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:I googled a bit as suggested to see if I was imaginjng things initially said about Corey: Tough , assertive, no nonsense, will charge on merit- not if she thinks she can win, tough, not a fan of plea bargaining and known to be a victims advocate.
I remembered correctly then.

It seems she's gotten flak from two primarily sources: defense pundits and Fox (and politically conservative outlets) . Fox is pro NRA snd pro Zimmerman all the way - that's what their audience expects. Its funny the conservative oriented sites are saying she's purely political. They must be rubber and she glue.

That certainly was my impression as well WeeBonnie. She has a reputation as a very aggressive Prosecutor, which Zimmerman just found out.

If a man is strong voiced, he is an aggressive prosecuter. If it is a woman, she is a *itch. The only thing I disliked about Corey was her 'jovial' affect when the charges were announced.
marcena2
marcena2

Back to top Go down

Post by marcena2 Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:22 am

Gizmo711 wrote:
$30,000 dollars for moving expenses? Give me a break, that's a pretty large down payment on a house, not moving expenses. What was he moving? Even if he was going cross country, it would not have cost 30,000. I say he is still holding on to more than is needed and enough to run with.

It has been stated they paid off existing debt, aka car note and Visa.
marcena2
marcena2

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:40 am

marcena2 wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:

It has been stated they paid off existing debt, aka car note and Visa.

I don't recall ever hearing anything about any car note. I would need to see a link for the car note.

The credit cards, yes.

Considering he was probably living off of the cards for around a month, that was no surprise. I wouldn't think that he would have extensive credit to rely on either. He wasn't working so they had no to limited income. They probably had personal loans from family, also.

(I had to do that for six months a few years back. It was incredibly expensive. All I did was rob Peter to pay Paul. It killed my credit. I should have saved one of the bank checks to pay for a bankruptcy lawyer...or started a web site! LOL! Who knew?)
DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:30 am

--in omara's explanations of how the $$'s were spent, he doesn't mention (credit cards or car/student loans etc specifically) they are "existing financial obligations".it's not clear (to me) whether george/shellie paid off these existing financial obligations before the bond hearing? before george told omara about the money? or if omara paid those off after taking control of the acct./shutting down the site.

http://www.gzlegalcase.com/index.php?limitstart=0
What Happened to the Money Already Raised?

--may 4th.

The week of April 23, we disclosed that the PayPal account Mr. Zimmerman had opened before his arrest collected approximately $204,000. That account has been closed, and approximately $150,000 of that money is being transferred to the new independently administered trust account. Approximately 3.5% of the money raised was consumed by PayPal fees. Of the balance $5,000 went to bond, a little more than $1,000 was put into telephone and commissary accounts at the jail. Much of the rest was used to address the considerable expense of closing existing financial obligations, attending to his security and secured transportation and setting up new, secure living quarters where he can safely await trial. Roughly a third of the balance remains liquid and in Mr. Zimmerman’s possession for living expenses for the next few months. So far, none of the funds have been applied to legal expenses.

Will Mr. Zimmerman Have to Pay Taxes on the Money Donated?

Yes. Donated funds are considered income and are taxable.

--june 4th.

It must be noted that, when attempting to interpret George's actions regarding the funds, that he did disclose the existence of the funds five days after the bond hearing, during his first conversation with the defense about the fund. When the defense team learned of the funds, we disclosed this to the court and to the State Attorney's Office, and the money was transferred to the Legal Defense Fund which is now independently managed.

Of the original $204,000 raised by Mr. Zimmerman's fund, approximately $150,000 was transferred to the Legal Defense Fund. $30,000 was used to make the complicated transition from private life in Sanford, FL to a life in hiding as a defendant in a high-profile court case. The balance of approximately $20,000 was kept liquid to provide living expenses for the first several months as the legal process unfolds.

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:11 am

--interesting mugshot collection, put together by JQ's "trixiemay"..

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #3 - Page 2 Gzmugshots
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:11 am

ellejay wrote:--in omara's explanations of how the $$'s were spent, he doesn't mention (credit cards or car/student loans etc specifically) they are "existing financial obligations".it's not clear (to me) whether george/shellie paid off these existing financial obligations before the bond hearing? before george told omara about the money? or if omara paid those off after taking control of the acct./shutting down the site.

--may 4th.

The week of April 23, we disclosed that the PayPal account Mr. Zimmerman had opened before his arrest collected approximately $204,000. That account has been closed, and approximately $150,000 of that money is being transferred to the new independently administered trust account. Approximately 3.5% of the money raised was consumed by PayPal fees. Of the balance $5,000 went to bond, a little more than $1,000 was put into telephone and commissary accounts at the jail. Much of the rest was used to address the considerable expense of closing existing financial obligations, attending to his security and secured transportation and setting up new, secure living quarters where he can safely await trial. Roughly a third of the balance remains liquid and in Mr. Zimmerman’s possession for living expenses for the next few months. So far, none of the funds have been applied to legal expenses.

--june 4th.

It must be noted that, when attempting to interpret George's actions regarding the funds, that he did disclose the existence of the funds five days after the bond hearing, during his first conversation with the defense about the fund. When the defense team learned of the funds, we disclosed this to the court and to the State Attorney's Office, and the money was transferred to the Legal Defense Fund which is now independently managed.

Of the original $204,000 raised by Mr. Zimmerman's fund, approximately $150,000 was transferred to the Legal Defense Fund. $30,000 was used to make the complicated transition from private life in Sanford, FL to a life in hiding as a defendant in a high-profile court case. The balance of approximately $20,000 was kept liquid to provide living expenses for the first several months as the legal process unfolds.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

George Zimmerman's website set up to help raise money is disabled.
Monday, April 23, 2012

George Zimmerman bonds out of the Seminole County Jail shortly after midnight. He is fitted with a GPS monitoring device.
Friday, April 20, 2012

Judge grants George Zimmerman bond at $150,000, Zimmerman apologizes to Trayvon Martin's family.

http://cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/features/trayvon-martin/trayvon-martin-timeline.html

Fundraising website of George Zimmerman, suspect in Trayvon Martin case, is shut down

By Perry Chiaramonte

Published April 24, 2012
FoxNews.com

“I’ve started the process to properly authorize his legal fund," O'Mara said. "I do not want him to have any Internet presence and that site has been taken down.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/24/george-zimmerman-website-to-raise-funds-for-legal-costs-shut-down/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:12 am

So, as I read that, $10K was needed to set up the new living situation, transportation to the hideout, GPS and other monitoring required by the bond, security, electricity, cable, car insurance, etc AND pay off existing debts (which could be credit cards, insurance, car payments, lease extrication, etc). That seems like a reasonable amount to me to accomplish all of that, considering (as was stated above) that the Z's were prolly living on credit cards for a few months. And maintaining 2 households separately, from what MOM has said.

He wasn't exactly living the high life.

I'm fine with him using all of his donated money for whatever-- as long as it isn't coming out of the pockets of the taxpayers, we should all be happy about that, imo. The donations will eventually run thin, imo, during the year or so of trial prep, then will prolly surge again in the run up to trial. (If he doesn't plead, which I don't think he will.)

Also, it occurs to me that the very ethical fund management by a third party will actually encourage more donations, imo, as individuals and activist groups will have an assurance that the funds are being used and managed for the intended purpose. Whether he gets another bond or not. In fact, if he doesn't get bond, that may stimulate more donations by his supporters. I know that isn't a popular thought here, but a look around the web tells me he does have supporters, some of whom are "activist" supporters (groups in support of gun rights, etc.)

KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:18 am

ellejay wrote:--interesting mugshot collection, put together by JQ's "trixiemay"..

Interesting metamorphoses.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:23 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
ellejay wrote:--in omara's explanations of how the $$'s were spent, he doesn't mention (credit cards or car/student loans etc specifically) they are "existing financial obligations".it's not clear (to me) whether george/shellie paid off these existing financial obligations before the bond hearing? before george told omara about the money? or if omara paid those off after taking control of the acct./shutting down the site.

--may 4th.

--june 4th.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Monday, April 23, 2012

George Zimmerman bonds out of the Seminole County Jail shortly after midnight. He is fitted with a GPS monitoring device.
Friday, April 20, 2012

Judge grants George Zimmerman bond at $150,000, Zimmerman apologizes to Trayvon Martin's family.

http://cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/features/trayvon-martin/trayvon-martin-timeline.html

Fundraising website of George Zimmerman, suspect in Trayvon Martin case, is shut down

By Perry Chiaramonte

Published April 24, 2012
FoxNews.com

“I’ve started the process to properly authorize his legal fund," O'Mara said. "I do not want him to have any Internet presence and that site has been taken down.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/24/george-zimmerman-website-to-raise-funds-for-legal-costs-shut-down/

I do not have any issues with how the money is being handled.

I may be beating a dead horse, but someone has to do it:

Website started for GZ 9 April. Motion for Bond Hearing drafted 12 April. Bond Hearing 20 April. Existence of Defense Fund announced week of 23 April.

- I can not see how there was a lack of opportunity for Defense Counsel to be briefed or made aware on the exact location of the PayPal funds, and therefore give appropriate counsel to Shellie, prior to Bond Hearing.

-I can not see lack of opportunity for the State or the Court to question and receive verification of the existence of funds in the possession of GZ or SZ at the Bond Hearing. Like I said, there was a room full of people who failed to raise the simple question containing the words: Where are the donations for GZ legal defense from the PayPal account right now and let's pause for a brief recess so we can add this documentation to the file?

The site had been up and running since 9 April.

I am not saying that GZ and SZ are not responsible, but come on.

The entire situation was avoidable, IMO.
Every can have a turn with sword as far as I am concerned.

(And I do not mean to say that GZ and SZ are not ultimately responsible and do not deserve consequences.)

i will continue to hold in my mind, that there was another agenda at play here. shifty
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:33 am

I have not been on the thread at all, I've read a few pages and I was wondering if there has been any mention of when a trial date would be. I know there are probably a ton of motions and hearings to be had, but I was just wondering.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:51 am

Tamta wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

--may 4th.

--june 4th.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Monday, April 23, 2012

Friday, April 20, 2012

By Perry Chiaramonte

Published April 24, 2012
FoxNews.com

Website started for GZ 9 April. Motion for Bond Hearing drafted 12 April. Bond Hearing 20 April. Existence of Defense Fund announced week of 23 April.

- I can not see how there was a lack of opportunity for Defense Counsel to be briefed or made aware on the exact location of the PayPal funds, and therefore give appropriate counsel to Shellie, prior to Bond Hearing.

-I can not see lack of opportunity for the State or the Court to question and receive verification of the existence of funds in the possession of GZ or SZ at the Bond Hearing. Like I said, there was a room full of people who failed to raise the simple question containing the words: Where are the donations for GZ legal defense from the PayPal account right now and let's pause for a brief recess so we can add this documentation to the file?

(And I do not mean to say that GZ and SZ are not ultimately responsible and do not deserve consequences.)

i will continue to hold in my mind, that there was another agenda at play here. shifty

The court was informed by Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, that two of Zimmerman's friends had set up two websites to raise funds to help him with his financial burdens. O'Mara told the judge that one of the accounts had collected $300.00 and the other account near $2.000.00, he told the judge that his client was basically indigent and that his parents probably had to take a second mortgage on their house to raise money for his bond.

But, O'Mara didn't file a Motion for Indigency Status on his client's behalf before the bond hearing, even though he claimed his client was broke. When Zimmerman's wife testify via telephone, O'Mara asked her, "haven't we discussed the filing of a Motion for Indigency Status"........or something to that effect.

There isn't any reason why the prosecution should have known that "therealgeorgezimmerman" website had collected over $200.000 from donations through a PayPal account.

It is obvious that Zimmerman was not acting in good faith when he led the court to believe that he was broke.

~~~~~~

"SANFORD, Fla. -- The credibility of Trayvon Martin's shooter could be an issue at trial after a judge said that George Zimmerman and his wife lied to the court about their finances to obtain a bond, legal experts say.

Prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda complained Friday, "This court was led to believe they didn't have a single penny. It was misleading and I don't know what words to use other than it was a blatant lie." The judge agreed and ordered Zimmerman returned to jail by Sunday afternoon.

"Does your client get to sit there like a potted plant and lead the court down the primrose path? That's the issue," Lester said. "He can't sit back and obtain the benefit of a lower bond based upon those material falsehoods."

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/06/01/3636467/media-argues-against-sealing-zimmerman.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:10 am

Tess- last we heard the lawyers said at least a year.

Next up is another document dump - lots of evidence to be released in three weeks.
Also a hearing to see if he makes bail - again.

tesstruhart wrote:I have not been on the thread at all, I've read a few pages and I was wondering if there has been any mention of when a trial date would be. I know there are probably a ton of motions and hearings to be had, but I was just wondering.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:16 am

Oh yes- Her jovial demeanor! I was trying to remember the odd bit of criticism she had received aside from prosecuting minors as adults, and being too much of a victims advocate.
Thanks Macarena!

marcena2 wrote:
Porky wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:I googled a bit as suggested to see if I was imaginjng things initially said about Corey: Tough , assertive, no nonsense, will charge on merit- not if she thinks she can win, tough, not a fan of plea bargaining and known to be a victims advocate.
I remembered correctly then.

It seems she's gotten flak from two primarily sources: defense pundits and Fox (and politically conservative outlets) . Fox is pro NRA snd pro Zimmerman all the way - that's what their audience expects. Its funny the conservative oriented sites are saying she's purely political. They must be rubber and she glue.

That certainly was my impression as well WeeBonnie. She has a reputation as a very aggressive Prosecutor, which Zimmerman just found out.

If a man is strong voiced, he is an aggressive prosecuter. If it is a woman, she is a *itch. The only thing I disliked about Corey was her 'jovial' affect when the charges were announced.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:21 am

Wow Tamta - thanks! I read a lot about this and didn't see behavior in court- and that the judge can use his discretion.
I was focusing on changed circumstances- which I believe MOM has tried to mitigate by putting a lock on the funds.
Interesting!

Tamta wrote:Zimmerman Could Get Released from Jail June 29

Florida law lists 12 general factors for a judge to consider at a bail hearing. The factors include:

-The nature and circumstances of the offense charged.
-The weight of the evidence against the defendant.
-The defendant's family ties, length of residence in the community, employment history, financial resources, and mental condition.
-The defendant's past and present conduct, including conduct in court.
-The source of funds used to post bail or procure an appearance bond.
-Any other facts the court considers relevant.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/07/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS388432303020120607

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:21 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

--may 4th.

--june 4th.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Monday, April 23, 2012

Friday, April 20, 2012

By Perry Chiaramonte

Published April 24, 2012
FoxNews.com

The court was informed by Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, that two of Zimmerman's friends had set up two websites to raise funds to help him with his financial burdens. O'Mara told the judge that one of the accounts had collected $300.00 and the other account near $2.000.00, he told the judge that his client was basically indigent and that his parents probably had to take a second mortgage on their house to raise money for his bond.

But, O'Mara didn't file a Motion for Indigency Status on his client's behalf before the bond hearing, even though he claimed his client was broke. When Zimmerman's wife testify via telephone, O'Mara asked her, "haven't we discussed the filing of a Motion for Indigency Status"........or something to that effect.

There isn't any reason why the prosecution should have known that "therealgeorgezimmerman" website had collected over $200.000 from donations through a PayPal account.

It is obvious that Zimmerman was not acting in good faith when he led the court to believe that he was broke.

~~~~~~

"SANFORD, Fla. -- The credibility of Trayvon Martin's shooter could be an issue at trial after a judge said that George Zimmerman and his wife lied to the court about their finances to obtain a bond, legal experts say.

Prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda complained Friday, "This court was led to believe they didn't have a single penny. It was misleading and I don't know what words to use other than it was a blatant lie." The judge agreed and ordered Zimmerman returned to jail by Sunday afternoon.

"Does your client get to sit there like a potted plant and lead the court down the primrose path? That's the issue," Lester said. "He can't sit back and obtain the benefit of a lower bond based upon those material falsehoods."

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/06/01/3636467/media-argues-against-sealing-zimmerman.html

There will always be conspiracy theorists - there are still a few who believe that the WTC towers were brought down by our own government and there is nothing you can do to persuade them otherwise - it's like beating a dead horse. Ppsttshaw....

Last edited by CherokeeNative on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To correct that pesky [/quote])
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:28 am

Interesting! Is he trying to create reasonae doubt about his scalp wounds? He certainly looks less scary these days.

ellejay wrote:--interesting mugshot collection, put together by JQ's "trixiemay"..

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:32 am

WeeBonnie wrote:Interesting! Is he trying to create reasonae doubt about his scalp wounds? He certainly looks less scary these days.

I was looking at the photos of GZ's head injuries yesterday - the back of his head to be exact - and it occurred to me that he is growing his hair out to cover the natural lumps and bumps on his skull so that when the jurors look at the photos they will be led to believe that what are really natural lumps and bumps on his skull are really swelling from injuries. I don't see them as injuries but, hey, that's JMHO. An expert will be able to clear it up.

ETA - Also, he doesnt want to appear to be a "skin head."

Last edited by CherokeeNative on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:32 am

Tamta - what theories do you have regarding the Zimmermans conspiring to hide the money from the court.
I think Gizmo blew a huge hole in the fear explanation a few pages back.
Others think it was just simple greed... And you?

Tamta wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

--may 4th.

--june 4th.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Monday, April 23, 2012

Friday, April 20, 2012

By Perry Chiaramonte

Published April 24, 2012
FoxNews.com

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:38 am

WeeBonnie wrote:Tess- last we heard the lawyers said at least a year.

Next up is another document dump - lots of evidence to be released in three weeks.
Also a hearing to see if he makes bail - again.

tesstruhart wrote:I have not been on the thread at all, I've read a few pages and I was wondering if there has been any mention of when a trial date would be. I know there are probably a ton of motions and hearings to be had, but I was just wondering.

Thank you Bonnie
I sure hope when the time comes, they DO NOT sequester this jury. They should just take whatever jury pool they have and pick the jury. Surely in the whole county they could come up with 12 people. This is the type of case where it is known far and wide anyway, keep picking til you get em. don't rush it like Judge Perry did with CA. I liked Belvin, but that was one colossal mistake in my opinion.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:50 am

Here are some of the links I have compiled and may make for easy reference:

9-1-1 & SPD-NE Calls

Original .wav audio files
From the City of Sanford website
Archived by webcitation.org

THESE ARE FOR DOWNLOAD, NOT ONLINE LISTENING
(although you can listen, if your browser is set-up to play wav files. It's best to download though)

Call1.wav [Zimmerman]
http://webcitation.org/66Q4LC8gQ

Call2.wav ["John"]
http://webcitation.org/66Q4TXXI2

Call3.wav ["Ms. Jeremy" (screams & shot)]
http://webcitation.org/66Q4ZQTot

Call4.wav [30 yo fm]
http://webcitation.org/66Q4Zz129

Call5.wav [Fm resident of 4 yrs]
http://www.webcitation.org/66Q4akH6S

Call6.wav [Cutcher]
http://www.webcitation.org/66Q4bBzck

Call7.wav [Austin & Sister]
http://www.webcitation.org/66Q4bdaPr

Call8.wav [Fm ex-Teacher]
http://www.webcitation.org/66Q4c6ssY

FULL DOCKET:
(no links)
http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDocket/case_detail.jsp?CaseNo=592012CF001083A

PUBLIC PEADINGS:
http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

UNREDACTED non-911 CALL MADE BY ZIMMERMAN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-gp8mrdw

AUDIO OF JUNE 1st HEARING:
http://soundcloud.com/producermatthew/june-1-george-zimmerman

MEDIA ADVISORY 4/13/2012:
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/Media_Advisory_41312.pdf

MOTION TO REMOVE JUDGE RECKSIEDLER:
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/motion_to_disqualify.pdf

MOTION FOR BOND 4/16/2012:
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/m_set_bond.pdf

BOND TRANSCRIPT 4/16/2012:
(re: SHELLY ZIMMERMAN)
http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2012/06/01/BondHearingTranscript.pdf

REDACTED WITNESS LIST:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/93646122/Redacted-witness-and-evidence-list-filed-by-the-state-in-George-Zimmerman-case

CAPIAS COREY SECOND DEGREE MURDER:
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/04/11/zimmerman.charges.pdf

MOTION TO REVOKE BOND - JUNE 1, 2012:

http://www.talkleft.com/zimm/Zimmbondrevoke.pdf

STATE OF FLORIDA SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY June 1, 2012:
(Credit Union statements NOT Pay Pal and Phone Calls-no transcript)
Dates of calls between GZ and SZ. 151 calls total
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/6-1%20supplemental%20discovery.pdf

PRETRIAL INTAKE FORM 4/12/2012:
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/intake_sheet.pdf

NY TIMES QUICK REFERENCE FOR 183 PAGE DOC DUMP:
(Capias Request by Serino pg. 26 Manslaughter)
(Witness Statements begin pg. 89)

(Report of Investigation 3/6/2012 includes evidence tag #’s pg 79)
(Medical Examiners Report pg 125)
(Seminole County ME Death Report pg 133)
(FBI Voice Analysis pg 146)
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/05/17/us/trayvon-martin-documents.html?ref=us

DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:58 am

Cherokee,
See comment in future library thread. I just left you one regarding the combo of links...
DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:05 pm

DebFrmHell wrote:Here are some of the links I have compiled and may make for easy reference:

{snipped}

Wow, thanks Deb!

Has anyone heard anything about these new docs filed by Corey?

http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDocket/case_detail.jsp?CaseNo=592012CF001083A

06/07/2012 LETT LETTER FROM ANGELA COREY-EXECUTIVE ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR
06/07/2012 LETT 3RD SUPPLEMENTAL DISIGNATION OF ASSISTANT STATE ATTORNEY
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:16 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:Interesting! Is he trying to create reasonae doubt about his scalp wounds? He certainly looks less scary these days.

I'm sure he tried to soften up a bit. Removed the mustach, let his hair grow a little, keep well shaven. Not to look like a hoodlum. It wont work thought, he is what he is. All the softening up isn't going to change that one bit.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:26 pm

I can't find anything about the letter either.

But I found an interesting piece on the Corey/ Dershowitz dust up.
Says there may actually be a case for defamation or libel.
That's because Dershowitz has been making totally false claims as to what legally needs to be in the charging affidavit. Hmmmm.

And even though he's working for Fox news- they claim to be "entertainment"- not journalism, just opinion and are not even holding themselves to other networks standards. They routinely refuse to retract their false reporting, and no law suit will stick. But ADs gone out on a limb here, totally making up laws and claiming she broke them.

http://m.jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-06-07/story/angela-corey-takes-well-known-legal-commentator-harvard-professor-alan
serenaz1 wrote:
DebFrmHell wrote:Here are some of the links I have compiled and may make for easy reference:

{snipped}

Wow, thanks Deb!

Has anyone heard anything about these new docs filed by Corey?

06/07/2012 LETT LETTER FROM ANGELA COREY-EXECUTIVE ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR
06/07/2012 LETT 3RD SUPPLEMENTAL DISIGNATION OF ASSISTANT STATE ATTORNEY

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:18 pm

DebFrmHell wrote:Cherokee,
See comment in future library thread. I just left you one regarding the combo of links...

Cool Deb - I responded to you on the other thread. Very Happy
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by angela_nw Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:40 pm

KZ wrote:

So, as I read that, $10K was needed to set up the new living situation, ......

No - $150,000 + $30,000 +$20,000 = approx $204,000.
$150,000 in new trust fund under care of 3rd party
$30,000 for George to pay off cred cards & set up new living sit.
$20,000 kept liquid

Documented dated transactions of the Paypal account and GZ and SZ's personal accounts would sure be interesting but don't know if we will ever see that. Also the complete transcript of all the jail-house phone calls would shed light on their intentions IMO.

Just edited this part: BY the way folks, when you respond to a post using "QUOTE" you can highlight and delete most or all of the previous person's post as long as you just leave bracket quote bracket at the beginning and bracket forwardslash quote bracket at the end of the post you want to refer to.

Last edited by angela_nw on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
angela_nw
angela_nw

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:43 pm

It's true that Zimmerman can spend his money any way he wants to...However, when one is trying to get the tax payers to foot the bill for his defense while he does what he wants with his money, I certainly have a problem with that.

Zimmerman does not have the right to use exorbitant amounts of money for normal expenses. It's obvious that this money is not going to keep flowing in for ever, and when there is no more money left than guess what? the tax payers will have to pay for it. Mean while Zimmerman hid a pretty sum away, because there is just no way 30,000 would be used for moving expenses (was he moving a mansion?) (was he moving everything he owned to another country?) I don't think so. Zimmerman didn't even satisfy his debt with the bondsman, it seems that he didn't want to kick out a cent towards his case..

I call it arrogant.....

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:45 pm

We don't even know if there are other accounts that are set by Zimmermans family or friends that money is coming in at. Zimmerman had lied and his wife swore by her husbands lies. How can this family be trusted? I doubt that the judge will trust him any further.

It's not the smartes thing to lie to the judge that will be handling your case....not wise at all....in fact it's out right stupid.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:The court was informed by Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, that two of Zimmerman's friends had set up two websites to raise funds to help him with his financial burdens. O'Mara told the judge that one of the accounts had collected $300.00 and the other account near $2.000.00, he told the judge that his client was basically indigent and that his parents probably had to take a second mortgage on their house to raise money for his bond.

~~~~~~

Snipped

"It is obvious that Zimmerman was not acting in good faith"

Respectfully, I am really not sure this is true and I know it goes against what many here think, but GZ did not lie on his intake form and he did not even testify at his bond hearing.

As I said above, if his own Defense attorney did not ask him specifically about the website funds and subsequently explain to him how that money would be specifically and directly relevant to the determination of bond amount, therefore I do not see how we can assume that GZ himself would have known otherwise or his wife for that fact. I do not believe that SZ was explained the relevance of this money to bond determination or anyone else in the Zimmerman family for that fact. MOM was not working for GZ that long before the hearing.

IIRC the website originally said that the donations would go towards defense and living expenses, correct me if I am wrong. Perhaps the family did not think that Bond would be considered Defense expenses, as they were trying to arrange bond without using that fund initially, even though MOM says $5000 went towards bond eventually, probably per his instructions not GZ's or the families insistence. What little I know about the tapes I do see a hesitancy on GZs part to commit to using those funds for the bond.

Also look here:

BDLR and SZ @ Bond Hearing

Q. Okay. Were you aware of the website that Mr. Zimmerman or somebody on his behalf created?
A. I'm aware of that website.
Q. And how much money is in that website right now? How much money as a result of that website was --
A. Currently, I do not know.
Q. Who would know that?
A. That would be my brother-in-law.

Q. And is he -- I know he's not in the same room as you, but is he available so we can speak to him, too, or the Court can inquire through the State or the Defense?
A. I'm sure that we could probably get him on the phone.
Q Okay. So he's not there now.

A. No, he is not, sir.
Q. Do you have any estimate as to how much money has already been obtained or collected?(website)
A. I do not.
Q. Okay. You haven't talked to your brother-in-law in terms of just bare amount of how much money?
A. No. No, I have not

BDLR
1. Asks SZ only about website not personal accounts
2. Obtains from SZ who in fact actually has the bottom line on the donations (thus funds available for bond) and decides to drop it and not follow through.

I think a case for Perjury against SZ is going to be fairly weak at this point, again I know this is not in line with most of the view points here.

I think no one addressed or understood the relevance of these funds to the bond determination nor the legal and ethical significance of the donations at that time, so I do not find arguments compelling which assert the State was blindsided and GZ was a full blown liar in the limited contexts and relevant facts strictly pertaining to the issue of Bond.

These funds present a unique situation and those situations can bewilder decent people and decent officers of the court, and can also present strategic opportunities in the judicial process as well.

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2012/06/01/BondHearingTranscript.pdf

Last edited by Justice4all on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding bond hearing tran link)
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Tamta wrote:Snipped

"It is obvious that Zimmerman was not acting in good faith"

Respectfully, I am really not sure this is true and I know it goes against what many here think, but GZ did not lie on his intake form and he did not even testify at his bond hearing.

As I said above, if his own Defense attorney did not ask him specifically about the website funds and subsequently explain to him how that money would be specifically and directly relevant to the determination of bond amount, therefore I do not see how we can assume that GZ himself would have known otherwise or his wife for that fact. I do not believe that SZ was explained the relevance of this money to bond determination or anyone else in the Zimmerman family for that fact. MOM was not working for GZ that long before the hearing.

IIRC the website originally said that the donations would go towards defense and living expenses, correct me if I am wrong. Perhaps the family did not think that Bond would be considered Defense expenses, as they were trying to arrange bond without using that fund initially, even though MOM says $5000 went towards bond eventually, probably per his instructions not GZ's or the families insistence. What little I know about the tapes I do see a hesitancy on GZs part to commit to using those funds for the bond.

Also look here:

Q. Okay. Were you aware of the website that Mr. Zimmerman or somebody on his behalf created?
Q. And how much money is in that website right now? How much money as a result of that website was --
Q. Who would know that?

Q. And is he -- I know he's not in the same room as you, but is he available so we can speak to him, too, or the Court can inquire through the State or the Defense?

A. No, he is not, sir.
Q. Do you have any estimate as to how much money has already been obtained or collected?(website)
A. I do not.
Q. Okay. You haven't talked to your brother-in-law in terms of just bare amount of how much money?
A. No. No, I have not

BDLR
2. Obtains from SZ who in fact actually has the bottom line on the donations (thus funds available for bond) and decides to drop it and not follow through.

I think a case for Perjury against SZ is going to be fairly weak at this point, again I know this is not in line with most of the view points here.

I think no one addressed or understood the relevance of these funds to the bond determination nor the legal and ethical significance of the donations at that time, so I do not find arguments compelling which assert the State was blindsided and GZ was a full blown liar in the limited contexts and relevant facts strictly pertaining to the issue of Bond.

These funds present a unique situation and those situations can bewilder decent people and decent officers of the court, and can also present strategic opportunities in the judicial process as well.

Tamta - Respectfully - first, MOM did not specifically ask GZ any questions concerning the Paypal account because GZ was exercising his right to remain silent - which I am sure MOM was in agreement with. That was the specific reason for using his wife and family members to testify - so GZ would not be placed in a position to have to be grilled by the prosecutor. MOM allowed GZ to testify for the sole purpose of apologizing to the Martins - which severly limited the prosecutor from asking questions outside the scope of that testimony. Prior to the bond hearing, GZ and Shellie spent approximately $30,000 of the funds that were donated for their personal use; they moved the monies around from Paypal to their own accounts. If they can move the money around, spend it for their own personal expenses, how could they be confused about whether they could spend the money on bail? Moreover, the question posed to Shellie was what money they had available to them - since they paid bills with the money - they surely had to understand that this was money that was available to them. Wouldn't you agree?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Are you saying that somehow Shelly didn't know there was any relevance to the courts questions about the 200k she knew they had available and therefore it was okay for her to lie about? The court asked about ALL their assets and trusted Shelley because she took an oath. To say she didn't know if it was relevant is BS.
They asked her for a rough estimate, they knew only 2-3 was reported to the court, they had to know 200K was a very significant amount, and if they didn't know why it mattered- or if it could be used for bail, they could have asked.
Instead they pretended they knew nothing.
There's nothing honest and no good faith there.
If you read the transcripts they had access to it and both knew how much was there.
MOM is a pro- no one goes to a bond hearing without knowing exactly what it's all about. They knew it was a lie- and that's why they had Shelly do it. So GZ wouldn't be directly responsible. But he did conspire with his wife and he did know that money could be used for bond. There's no doubt about it.

Tamta wrote:

Also look here:

Q. Who would know that?

A. No, he is not, sir.
A. I do not.
A. No. No, I have not

BDLR

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:28 pm

Tamta - I am not trying to badger you, but I can't help but feel that you are not clear on what testifying under oath means. And how, although GZ has opted to shield himself behind his constitutional rights to remain silent, he is nevertheless obligated to not allow someone to testify to facts on his behalf that he knows to be anything but the truth and the whole truth. Half truths, omissions, and flat out lies must be relayed to his attorney who can inform the court. And believe me, had MOM known the truth, he would never have allowed GZ's family to commit a fraud upon the Court. He must stand before this Court long after GZ's case is over and he has a reputation to uphold for that reason. On the other hand, I do not know how you could think, if you do, that BDLR or the Court could have possibly known of the amounts that had been donated or that GZ and his wife had been spending those monies to pay their personal expenses and moving those funds about into their own personal accounts. When you testify under oath, you are obligated to speak the whole truth and nothing but the truth. If you do not understand the question, you are expected to ask for clarification. As a nursing student, I am going to go off on a ledge here and guess that she has at least an average I.Q. They asked her if she and/or GZ had any money to use towards bail - she stated no. She was asked what about the Paypal account and she again feigned ignorance. If there was any part of that line of questioning that she was unsure of, she was obligated to ask for clarification. And GZ was obligated to at a very minimum inform his attorney during the hearing that they had access to that sum of money. As BDLR stated, there is no other way to categorize it except that it was a blatant lie.

Last edited by CherokeeNative on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Are you saying that somehow Shelly didn't know there was any relevance to the courts questions about the 200k she knew they had available and therefore it was okay for her to lie about? The court asked about ALL their assets and trusted Shelley because she took an oath. To say she didn't know if it was relevant is BS.
They asked her for a rough estimate, they knew only 2-3 was reported to the court, they had to know 200K was a very significant amount, and if they didn't know why it mattered- or if it could be used for bail, they could have asked.
Instead they pretended they knew nothing.
There's nothing honest and no good faith there.
If you read the transcripts they had access to it and both knew how much was there.
MOM is a pro- no one goes to a bond hearing without knowing exactly what it's all about. They knew it was a lie- and that's why they had Shelly do it. So GZ wouldn't be directly responsible. But he did conspire with his wife and he did know that money could be used for bond. There's no doubt about it.

Tamta wrote:

Also look here:

Q. Who would know that?

A. No, he is not, sir.
A. I do not.
A. No. No, I have not

BDLR

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:10 am

CherokeeNative wrote:

I was looking at the photos of GZ's head injuries yesterday - the back of his head to be exact - and it occurred to me that he is growing his hair out to cover the natural lumps and bumps on his skull so that when the jurors look at the photos they will be led to believe that what are really natural lumps and bumps on his skull are really swelling from injuries. I don't see them as injuries but, hey, that's JMHO. An expert will be able to clear it up.

ETA - Also, he doesnt want to appear to be a "skin head."

I wonder who put this series of pictures together. The progression from February to June starts out dark, then lighter and the June picture is the lightest. I wonder how the pictures would look if all were more in the same lightness of color? In the February picture, he's frowning and looks worried or maybe he has a headache (I frown when I have a headache) and it looks like his nose is swollen, too.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:14 am

In the series of pictures from February to June, George has gained weight and his face has filled out an become more rounded.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:52 am

Interesting articles & case. Absolutely outrageous (imo) case successfully used SYG defense. Comparison to GZ case drawn in articles.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/2717572/miami-dade-issues-ruling-in-stand.html

"A bag of stolen car radios — swung during a confrontation — amounted to a lethal threat to a Little Havana man who chased down a thief and stabbed him to death, a Miami-Dade judge said in her written ruling Tuesday in dismissing the murder charge against the man."

http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-ground-law/cases/case_133

"When Greyston Garcia discovered Pedro Roteta was stealing his car radio, he grabbed a knife, ran downstairs and chased Roteta down the street. After confronting Roteta, who reportedly had a closed pocketknife in his back pocket, Garcia fatally stabbed him. He said the man swung a heavy bag of car radios at his head. The incident was caught on camera. Garcia went home and fell asleep without calling 911, court records show. Garcia initially denied any involvement in the situation, but changed his story after police showed him videotape from a nearby store security camera. The officer who supervised the case asked,"How can it be stand your ground"?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/28/miami-judge-rules-in-stan_n_1385219.html

"Garcia went home instead of calling 911 after the confrontation in January and later hid the knife and sold two of the radios."

(BBM)

KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next