Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

+38
Hinky's Mimi
Julie
emberl
ChicagoChat
auburn99girl
cassiy45
Claire C.
Mercysake
sitemama
Labadorable
Dis
alabama52
sharona
back2back19
MDgirl
Porky
angela_nw
Stolat
snowbird
Tamta
ecossie possie
ClaireUncensored
MollyK
Chickenbutt
Puzzler
Hinky Refugee
Alessandra_Deux
serenaz1
CherokeeNative
ellejay
WeeBonnie
justanopinion
Ann - Tx
Gizmo711
KimmyK
Freckles
Justice4all
KZ
42 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:49 am

Desperation, desperation in the whole Zimmerman family. Npw the parents have a web site begging for money. All else has failed so I guess this is just another attempt to try and get rich off of a killing of a black youth.

Could be that people are seeing the Zimmermans for what they really are. Nothing is going to change the fact that THEIR son killed an unarmed innocent 17 year old for doing nothing but going to the stroe for candy.

There was no need for them to move or have to live in hotels, no one was going to bother the Zimmermans. The Anthony's stayed right where they were as much as they were hated. They too believed in their lying murderess daughter but they didn't run like scared rats.

The Zimmermans are missing the main point, point being that THEIR son is the one that created this entire scenerio, NOT Trayvon. Thier son was the one who wanted to play cop and be a wannabe hero by carrying a loaded weapon to make up his size and to bully with.

Good luck Zimmermans, I doubt that you will be pulling in much more money. You can always go on disability as can your son and his wife

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:50 am

Sorry for the dup. Computer not cooperating thsi morning.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:35 am

I think by the quote on the site that money is NOT going to lawyers it's a way to reopen the cash stream from those TreeHouse nuts who hate MOM. I have a feeling this is another way GZ is skirting the no back acct rules.
What is it- three or four PayPal accts existing now?
He's awfully high maintainance these days, hopefully BDLR is looking into it.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:15 am

MOM seems not to be worried about the account - he confirmed that the elder Zimmermans' website is legitimate. I think that they are skating very close to the edge. I'm surprised that MOM would "bless" this scam.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Latest blog from Zimmermans Call elephant in the room... http://zimmermanscall.blogspot.ca/p/elephants.html
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Wife of Trayvon Martin's Shooter Pleads Not Guilty

ORLANDO, Fla. July 28, 2012 (AP)

The wife of Trayvon Martin's shooter has entered a plea of not guilty on a perjury charge.

Shellie Zimmerman will be arraigned Tuesday in central Florida after a judge said she lied about her and husband George Zimmerman's finances during a bond hearing.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/wife-trayvon-martins-shooter-pleads-guilty-16874212
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Porky wrote:I live here and honestly think they have more to worry about TV cameras annoying their neighbors than anyone coming after any of them. The protests were about getting them to arrest him.

Right Porky - They nothing to worry about but the media - this is simply a greedy money grabbing bunch that is using this horrible travesty to try and live the good life - MARRY WHITE said it all IMO. Actually, by being as paranoid as GZ is acting with the bullet proof vests, guards and survellience cameras, etc., (and now his parents), they are only firmly establishing that GZ and his family are anything but "reasonable minded persons."
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:Desperation, desperation in the whole Zimmerman family. Npw the parents have a web site begging for money. All else has failed so I guess this is just another attempt to try and get rich off of a killing of a black youth.

Could be that people are seeing the Zimmermans for what they really are. Nothing is going to change the fact that THEIR son killed an unarmed innocent 17 year old for doing nothing but going to the stroe for candy.

There was no need for them to move or have to live in hotels, no one was going to bother the Zimmermans. The Anthony's stayed right where they were as much as they were hated. They too believed in their lying murderess daughter but they didn't run like scared rats.

The Zimmermans are missing the main point, point being that THEIR son is the one that created this entire scenerio, NOT Trayvon. Thier son was the one who wanted to play cop and be a wannabe hero by carrying a loaded weapon to make up his size and to bully with.

Good luck Zimmermans, I doubt that you will be pulling in much more money. You can always go on disability as can your son and his wife
Common sense and a bit of knowing your laws does help.
The Zimmermans could have called for PD protection.
Especially sense the father is a former judge.

Surely, he knows that would be proper procedure.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Justice4all wrote:Wife of Trayvon Martin's Shooter Pleads Not Guilty

The wife of Trayvon Martin's shooter has entered a plea of not guilty on a perjury charge.

Shellie Zimmerman will be arraigned Tuesday in central Florida after a judge said she lied about her and husband George Zimmerman's finances during a bond hearing.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/wife-trayvon-martins-shooter-pleads-guilty-16874212

Why is the dateline July 28th when today is July 27th? Apparently, it is already released.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Freckles wrote:
Justice4all wrote:Wife of Trayvon Martin's Shooter Pleads Not Guilty

Why is the dateline July 28th when today is July 27th? Apparently, it is already released.
ABC posted the article from the Associated Press, so I'm guessing the AP dated it for tomorrow's newspapers.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Freckles wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:Desperation, desperation in the whole Zimmerman family. Npw the parents have a web site begging for money. All else has failed so I guess this is just another attempt to try and get rich off of a killing of a black youth.

You are assuming these people are ethical. They know the procedures but see dollar signs.

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:31 am

MollyK wrote:MOM seems not to be worried about the account - he confirmed that the elder Zimmermans' website is legitimate. I think that they are skating very close to the edge. I'm surprised that MOM would "bless" this scam.

I'm not surprised, in fact he probably was the one who suggested it due to all else failing. O'Mara could probably kick himself for using 85,000 to get Georgie out of jail. He probably wishes he had kept him right there. However, O'Mara thought it would be an investment, in order to bring in the one or two million that he would like to have. Surprise, surprise it didn't work.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:36 am

Porky wrote:
Freckles wrote:

You are assuming these people are ethical. They know the procedures but see dollar signs.

You are so right, they saw a way to make money from this tragedy. The whole family think alike. I'm sure more will try the same thing, brother, sister etc. I think their hopes are too high, even the haters run out of money (probably way before the non haters do). That first rush of money was exceptional, I doubt that will ever happen again, but it spoiled the Zimmermans as well as O'Mara. I expect anyday to see tee shirts being sold.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:38 am

I wonder how the judge will handle it when O'Mara has to ask for tax dollars to cover the defense cost? I think that what ever is brought in by the family doesn't have to be counted for Zimmerman. That is probably why they are saying that it is for THEIR own expenses.

The whole damn family is underhanded. I doubt that they are even concerning themselves with the fact that Georgie may go to jail for a long time. Their whole focus now is on getting money, money and more money. They got a taste of it and now that's all they can think about.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:25 am

Porky wrote:clipped---

LOL! Right you are! My mistake. George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 19 88030
The recent scream for money by the family drives home the point they are NOT ethical.

I wonder if/how this may affect the cases the magistrate presided over.
Anyone know how the system worked in Virgina and what types of cases he heard?
I look to see appeals. A big mess. crystal ball
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:33 am

Another self defence claim by man in Florida whom shot dead a door to door salesman. http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/blog/2012/07/27/florida-man-shoots-kills-door-todoor-salesman/index.html
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Porky wrote:
MollyK wrote:I read Robert Zimmerman's website, too. I do feel sorry for the three elderly people, with health problems, whose lives have been disrupted. But I agree with Porky that they should be perfectly safe in their home. And I see no reason why they should not be able to continue doctor's appointments and therapy visits.

It is not clear why their daughter was forced to quit her government job. I can see no reason for this. Is the brother not working as well?

His version of George's life story leaves out a few things.

And not to be grotesque but we just had a killing in Colorado so visceral that the entire country is united in disgust yet the parents of that shooter in Colorado did not flee their home, or quit their jobs and business and people are uniformly more upset about those killings. People hated the Anthonys and George and Cindy stayed in their house and may even be there today. It is completely a crock of crap that the entire family is now engaged in public begging.

Very good point! (Bolding mine.)

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Rather than donate money to GZ et all, donate money to any of the individuals, hospitals, or organizations created to financially assist the shooting victims in Aurora.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:59 pm

One of the football players for our Carolina Panthers, Steve Smith, donated $100,000 to the CO victims. I wish all the overpaid athletes and also the overpaid politicians in DC would do the same. Especially the politicians, since they don't have to pay for health care and will continue to collect the pay even after they leave office.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:04 pm

So it looks like that creep Frank Taaffe got busted for DUI, look how messed up he looks! Maybe him, Georgie & Shells can all be cellies!

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/florida/sanford/francis-taaffe/59699981
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:49 pm

serenaz1 wrote:So it looks like that creep Frank Taaffe got busted for DUI, look how messed up he looks! Maybe him, Georgie & Shells can all be cellies!

I'm gonna call him and ask if I can give him a ride to the courthouse Crying or Very sad

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Porky wrote:
serenaz1 wrote:So it looks like that creep Frank Taaffe got busted for DUI, look how messed up he looks! Maybe him, Georgie & Shells can all be cellies!

I'm gonna call him and ask if I can give him a ride to the courthouse Crying or Very sad

Porky, are you serious? It isn't as bad as getting arrested for theft. George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 19 Winking0047
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Porky wrote:

Porky, are you serious? It isn't as bad as getting arrested for theft. George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 19 Winking0047

No I was just messin. I would never call that fool no less let him ride in my car

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Porky wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

No I was just messin. I would never call that fool no less let him ride in my car

Very Happy

@daralene jones
Just confirmed-#GeorgeZimmerman's biggest supporter arrested 4 DUI-Frank Taaffe told me he mixed a drink w/anxiety meds pic.twitter.com/NUMCarMs

so he's giving her this sob story of how he's been having chest pains, dealing with some personal tragedy and wants everyone to make sure & read their prescription labels. Laughing I'm having a hard time typing that last part without giggling my ass off. He's now the patron saint of don't mix alcohol & tranqs. hahahahaha
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:48 am

Freckles wrote:Rather than donate money to GZ et all, donate money to any of the individuals, hospitals, or organizations created to financially assist the shooting victims in Aurora.

I'm sure those donations are dwindling away. They only came from haters and usually those type don't have too much money (if they did they wouldn't hate so much). It's obvious that the Zimmermans and O'Mara are getting desperate. Those web sites (including the parents) are orchastrated by O'Mara. He spent that money to get Zimmerman out of jail as an investment (one that went bad) now he's pulling at straws.

Soon O'Mara will be asking the state to fund the cost of the trial for the defense experts (while he's kicking himself in the azz for posting that bond)

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:19 am

His face looks as if he has an alcohol burn.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire C. Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:16 pm

They can all compare mugshots. I think "cutie" has an advantage though - I believe he now has three!

Claire C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Claire C. wrote:

They can all compare mugshots. I think "cutie" has an advantage though - I believe he now has three!

HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA This is too funny. The chickens always come home to roost. tongue
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Talk about the Three Stooges... George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 19 121648

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:29 pm

serenaz1 wrote:Talk about the Three Stooges... George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 19 121648

I prefer to think of it as a trifecta Laughing

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Zimmerman's wife pleads not guilty on perjury charge

By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 5:03 PM EDT, Mon July 30, 2012

(CNN) -- The wife of George Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty to a perjury charge related to allegedly lying about the family's finances as her husband faced murder charges in the death of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, a court official said.

Shellie Zimmerman's lawyer entered the not guilty plea and waived her appearance at her arraignment, meaning there will not be at a court hearing Tuesday as had been scheduled, Seminole County, Florida, court spokeswoman Michelle Kennedy said Monday.

"Neither Ms. Zimmerman or her attorney are required to attend the arraignment," Kennedy said by e-mail. " "Ms. Zimmerman's name will remain on the docket, but her case will not be called."

Read more:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/30/justice/florida-zimmerman-wife/?hpt=us_c2
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:04 pm

I have lost track.
Is Shellie out and walking about?
Did she have to post? If so, what terms, amount?

Thanks for updating me.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:36 pm

Zimmerman judge to make ruling on recusal request

July 30, 2012

Judge Kenneth Lester's spokeswoman said he will rule by the end of the week on George Zimmerman's request for him to step down.

Lester was on a two-week vacation, but Monday a court spokeswoman said he is back and will rule by Friday if not earlier.

Zimmerman is asking Lester to recuse himself, arguing the judge's ruling on Zimmerman's latest bond request shows a lack of objectivity toward Zimmerman.

Read more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48400762
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Blogger who outed ‘Witness 9′ in George Zimmerman unmasked

by Joy-Ann Reid
July 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM

The blogger who revealed the name, address, and photos of a cousin of George Zimmerman, the man charged with killing Trayvon Martin, has carefully guarded his own privacy. Known on the Internet only as “Sundance Cracker,” the anonymous blogger has posted potentially embarrassing personal information about several figures in the Martin case — people who fellow posters at “Cracker’s” website derisively call “Trayvonites.” The punishment for supporting Martin’s family, or for opposing Zimmerman, who has developed a following on some conservative blogs, is often to have intimate details, including photos, posted to the site.

Read more: http://thegrio.com/2012/07/30/blogger-who-outed-witness-9-in-george-zimmerman-unmasked/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Freckles wrote:I have lost track.

Thanks for updating me.

--she was arrested, and then out on ($1000.00) bond within an hour.

--omara was rather disappointed that he hadn't been given a head's up on her arrest.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/attorney-george-zimmerman-concerned-wifes-safety-a/nPS66/

--June 13/2012--

Attorney: George Zimmerman concerned for wife’s safety after perjury arrest

--article

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/raw-omara-talks-about-zimmermans-reaction-to-wifes/vcGKd/
--video---Raw: O'Mara talks about Zimmerman's reaction to wife's arrest
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Freckles wrote:I have lost track.

Thanks for updating me.

"2012-06-13: SANFORD, Fla -- SANFORD, Fla. - George Zimmerman's wife, Shellie, was arrested Tuesday after being charged with one count of perjury for allegedly lying under oath at his bond hearing about whether she and her husband had access to any money. She quickly posted $1,000 bond and was released."
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:26 pm

Oh good! With witness 9 they said she had "aliases" turned out to be her married vs given name... They went on about her being tattooed- it was some sweet little Harry Potter thing in her wrist or ankle. Just silly desperate dudes trying to prove they have a shred of superiority over others. Pathetic bunch!

Justice4all wrote:Blogger who outed ‘Witness 9′ in George Zimmerman unmasked

by Joy-Ann Reid

The blogger who revealed the name, address, and photos of a cousin of George Zimmerman, the man charged with killing Trayvon Martin, has carefully guarded his own privacy. Known on the Internet only as “Sundance Cracker,” the anonymous blogger has posted potentially embarrassing personal information about several figures in the Martin case — people who fellow posters at “Cracker’s” website derisively call “Trayvonites.” The punishment for supporting Martin’s family, or for opposing Zimmerman, who has developed a following on some conservative blogs, is often to have intimate details, including photos, posted to the site.

Read more: http://thegrio.com/2012/07/30/blogger-who-outed-witness-9-in-george-zimmerman-unmasked/

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:53 pm

Freckles wrote:
Porky wrote:clipped---

LOL! Right you are! My mistake. George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 19 88030
The recent scream for money by the family drives home the point they are NOT ethical.

I wonder if/how this may affect the cases the magistrate presided over.
Anyone know how the system worked in Virgina and what types of cases he heard?
I look to see appeals. A big mess. crystal ball
From what I remember from reading here (maybe THM?), magistrates in VA are appointed by elected chief circuit court judges for a four-year term. They don't have to be lawyers or have any special training, just live in that particular judicial area and, of course, a US citizen. They do things like issue arrest, civil, search warrants, subpoenas, administer oaths, and probably a few others I don't remember. They can also issue temporary detention orders if they have the appropriate psych paperwork (used to be called "green warrants" back in the day). One thing I do remember reading is that magistrates are not to give legal advice. (That sorta blows for GZ since whatever advice he received initially from ZimmSr didn't go so well .. .. .. ) snort-giggle

All magistrates are supervised by chief circuit judges (or designee), but all districts have a Chief Magistrate in charge of daily supervision of the appointed magistrates (who can be re-appointed). -- I wonder how closely this is monitored on a statewide/Commonwealth level? If Zimmerman was re-appointed several times by the same chief judge, I can see the good-old-boy network in place; like most southern areas where it's barely underground anymore IYKWIM. IMO, maybe that's why Daddy Z thought he was so important (but only in his own mind). It's become obvious, to me anyway, he doesn't have the support of the "old money" that's so important around here. Without that behind you, you're SOL. That is the way it works in these parts; it's unbelievable sometimes ~~C
Disclaimer: This is just what I remember and it was a while back. Also, not proofread. Embarassed
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:46 am

Justice4all wrote:Blogger who outed ‘Witness 9′ in George Zimmerman unmasked

by Joy-Ann Reid

This 'sundancecracker' writes for The Conservative Treehouse. He is a true nut!

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:10 am

Claire-
So essentially, in short-hand, a magistrate in Virginia is just a paper pusher doing the mundane (but needed) paper-chase work?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:45 am

Justice4all wrote:Zimmerman judge to make ruling on recusal request

July 30, 2012

Judge Kenneth Lester's spokeswoman said he will rule by the end of the week on George Zimmerman's request for him to step down.

Lester was on a two-week vacation, but Monday a court spokeswoman said he is back and will rule by Friday if not earlier.

Zimmerman is asking Lester to recuse himself, arguing the judge's ruling on Zimmerman's latest bond request shows a lack of objectivity toward Zimmerman.

Read more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48400762
I wonder why Judge Lester would wait until Friday to recuse himself. I am hoping that this is a sign that he may night step down so the order will take a little longer to write. I guess I can hope.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:22 am

Freckles wrote:Claire-
So essentially, in short-hand, a magistrate in Virginia is just a paper pusher doing the mundane (but needed) paper-chase work?
Well, that's my take. Matter of fact I had to check myself in that post because I referred to the things magistrates do as clerical in nature. Like you said, a bunch of much-needed routine paperwork that allows a REAL judge to take care of important stuff. Freckles, I would even guess that anyone here could do this job .. .. .. and know better than to give legal advice ~~C
Very Happy
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 am

ClaireUncensored wrote:
Freckles wrote:Claire-
Well, that's my take. Matter of fact I had to check myself in that post because I referred to the things magistrates do as clerical in nature. Like you said, a bunch of much-needed routine paperwork that allows a REAL judge to take care of important stuff. Freckles, I would even guess that anyone here could do this job .. .. .. and know better than to give legal advice ~~C
Very Happy
So. What occupation was he employed in PRIOR to this desk job?
Was he ever a judge dispensing judicial wisdom?

Why do I think I am just now understanding the reluctance of the magistrate to appear in court, the small errors he made when entering the court (which I mistook for nervousness) and taking the stand?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:39 am

Freckles wrote:
ClaireUncensored wrote:
Very Happy
So. What occupation was he employed in PRIOR to this desk job?
Was he ever a judge dispensing judicial wisdom?

Why do I think I am just now understanding the reluctance of the magistrate to appear in court, the small errors he made when entering the court (which I mistook for nervousness) and taking the stand?

What did he do?
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:32 pm

I guess he'll have a web site asking for donations for his defense also.

This guy is a nut, he needs to be put away and off the streets just like his best friend Georgie.

I guess he wont make such a good witness after this. roflao

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:

I guess he'll have a web site asking for donations for his defense also.

This guy is a nut, he needs to be put away and off the streets just like his best friend Georgie.

I guess he wont make such a good witness after this. roflao

Actually, since he's a witness for the State, will that make him a 'hostile witness'? IIRC, there are different rules of how they can be questioned. The prosecution can go after him a bit harder and unless he's tranq'd to the gills, they can get him so pissed, he'll lose it on the stand.

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Scary! Gun owners know and many love the SYG law.
They'd like to use it as a get out if jail free card!

ecossie possie wrote:Another self defence claim by man in Florida whom shot dead a door to door salesman. http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/blog/2012/07/27/florida-man-shoots-kills-door-todoor-salesman/index.html

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:07 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:Scary! Gun owners know and many love the SYG law.

ecossie possie wrote:Another self defence claim by man in Florida whom shot dead a door to door salesman. http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/blog/2012/07/27/florida-man-shoots-kills-door-todoor-salesman/index.html

THis ludicrous law is a law that I predict will be gone soon. All it probably was meant for was to reduce the trials and save the state money. They don't really care how many innocent people are being murdered for no reason as long as it saves them money.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:31 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:Scary! Gun owners know and many love the SYG law.

THis ludicrous law is a law that I predict will be gone soon. All it probably was meant for was to reduce the trials and save the state money. They don't really care how many innocent people are being murdered for no reason as long as it saves them money.

I am a firm believer in the Castle law or the SYG law. The issue really is that most/many people really don't understand the law and the intent. The person in the above story obviously didn't either. It is not about being able to shoot and kill anyone who comes on your property. It is not about saying "I was afraid" and then making ludicrous statements afterwards. There are many instances where there have been home invasions where everyone in the house was murdered. The law is there for protection not for permission. MOO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Freckles -- Early on I read that RZ was retired military but don't know from which branch. From ABC Action News back in Mar 2012:

Kristi Wright with the Department of Legislative and Public Relations wrote us this email in response:

“Robert J. Zimmerman served as a full-time magistrate from 2000-2006. Please be advised that in Virginia magistrates are judicial officers, but they are not considered "judges" and do not possess trial jurisdiction. More detailed information on the role of the magistrate in Virginia is available on Virginia's Judicial System Website .”

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/crime/zimmerman-dad-worked-as-magistrate

(Hope the link comes through. It's my very first one ever; please be kind Embarassed )
I found "Iam absolutely zero" first remark kind of typical for around here (about 6th one down). Not because I agree with what he/she said, but living here for about 25 years makes me a fairly good judge (no pun intended) of folks around here. (I've moved quite a bit -- 7 different schools by 9th grade -- and 3 more states in my 20's, job related, before ending up here.) IMO, Manassas is a nice little town & fairly close to DC. Maybe since Manassas isn't too far from DC, GZ & family thought inserting the word "Federal" magistrate/judge/whatever would sound so much more important. I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I certainly recall that not one of the Zimmerman clan was quick to correct the impression that "magistrate" wasn't the esteemed "judge" position that was being assumed ~~C

ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next