Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman Interview w/ Hannity

+23
MollyK
Puzzler
Bmore
Gizmo711
Sherry
sharona
Porky
alabama52
Marica
emberl
KZ
snowbird
Freckles
ellejay
Justice4all
Dis
tesstruhart
serenaz1
Alessandra_Deux
back2back19
Hinky Refugee
angela_nw
WeeBonnie
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman Interview w/ Hannity  - Page 3 Empty Re: George Zimmerman Interview w/ Hannity

Post by snowbird Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:14 am

Oh, I forgot to say a 17yr old male skipping away, would be someone that would beat the sh*t out of you, he sure wouldn't be someone to fear. Very Happy

Last edited by snowbird on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word)
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman Interview w/ Hannity  - Page 3 Empty Re: George Zimmerman Interview w/ Hannity

Post by Bmore Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:35 am

My post glitched... I don't really follow this case and didn't watch the interview but I read your comments from time to time. As for him saying he wished there was a way the situation could of ended without taking TM's life... He has to have the stance, if his defense is SD or SYG he needs to project he did nothing wrong but regrets that it ended in his death. If he comes across wishy-washy on his defense then they'll eat him for breakfast at trial. And the God's plan... there are 2 ways that I can take that and I think he meant the latter. 1 - That God had a greater purpose for TM therefore he had to die. And 2 - It was God's plan to put GZ through this ordeal to make him a better person. Granted these are JMO and like I said I don't know all the details of this case...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:03 am

Zimmerman said that he had never heard of SYG. If it is in fact true that he was about to graduate from Seminole State in Criminal Justice, I have a real hard time believing that SYG was not discussed in any of these courses or that no Professors lectured about it

http://www.seminolestate.edu/criminal-justice/college-credit/asdegree/crim-as.php

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:09 am

Will George Zimmerman's FOX Interview Help or Hurt?

Dan Abrams analyzes statements made by man who killed Trayvon Martin.

video platform
video management
video solutions
video player
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:27 am

ellejay wrote:--just catching up now---missed it all ---drat!(but MAY have sold my condo.)

Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby
#GeorgeZimmerman Prediction No. 1: The prosecutor will subpoena the entire 90 minutes of recording, not just what was shown on TV.

Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby
#GeorgeZimmerman Prediction No. 2: Portions of this interview will be used to impeach him either at Stand Your Ground Hearing or trial.

This doesn't need to be predicted...who among us doesn't "know" that the State will subpoena the entire 90 minutes and that portions of it will be used by the State.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:27 am

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/07/19/trayvon-martins-parents-react-to-sean-hannitys-interview-with-george-zimmerman-say-his-apology-was-not-sincere/
Trayvon Martin’s Parents React to Sean Hannity’s Interview With George Zimmerman, Say His Apology Was ‘Not Sincere’

--video@link--

Trayvon Martin’s parents joined Gretchen Carlson on Fox & Friends this morning and responded to Sean Hannity’s sit-down with George Zimmerman, the man accused of killing their son. After hearing the apology from Zimmerman that was directed toward them, Trayvon’s mother Sybrina said, “I personally don’t feel like it’s sincere. I just feel like he’s just saying anything that he wants to and it’s not sincere, it’s not coming from his heart.” Trayvon’s father Tracy agreed saying, “George Zimmerman had ample, enough time to apologize to us for taking the life of our son before the first arrest, and to come and try to publicly apologize now, he’s just trying to save face.”
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:30 am

ellejay wrote:Brad Conway ‏@justiceonwheels

I think he should've consulted his lawyers before doing this interview. Wait a minute..... Mark is right there. Doh !

Brad...Brad...Brad....
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 am

KZ wrote:
"I do wish that there was something, anything I could have done that would have put me in the position that I wouldn't have to take his life,"

Ummmmm.......I don't know....hmmmm...let's see....

A few suggestions off the top of my not-so-smart head.

1. Don't pack a 9mm Keltec in your waistband when intending to go grocery shopping at Target.

2. If you call the police about someone suspicious, STAY IN YOUR !@#$% CAR UNTIL THE POLICE ARRIVE.

3. If someone asks you if you have a problem, after you have "followed" them on a dark and stormy night, ANNOUNCE LOUDLY THAT YOU ARE WITH NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH AND OFFER TO HELP THE PERSON FIND THEIR WAY.

4. If someone threatens you, or even APPEARS THREATENING, by looks, or deeds, or body language, ANNOUNCE LOUDLY THAT YOU HAVE A GUN. SEVERAL TIMES. VERY LOUDLY.

I don't know. These are just a few random thoughts. Ideas. Musings. Ponderings. .

Perfect, KZ. I am so irritated with people who say that Trayvon initiated the confrontation because he asked GZ why he was following him. Because, of course, asking that question led inevitably to the sequence of events that absolutely forced GZ to shoot Trayvon.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:41 am

KZ wrote:
"Here George, try this one."
George Zimmerman Interview w/ Hannity  - Page 3 Fef9d3e3

Hilarious!

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:43 am

ellejay wrote:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

--The Last Word w/ Lawrence O'Donnell---6:23

You know...this will be played over and over, but Zim did have more to say about this toward the end of the interview...where's that part?
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:57 am

MollyK wrote:
KZ wrote:

Ummmmm.......I don't know....hmmmm...let's see....

A few suggestions off the top of my not-so-smart head.

1. Don't pack a 9mm Keltec in your waistband when intending to go grocery shopping at Target.

2. If you call the police about someone suspicious, STAY IN YOUR !@#$% CAR UNTIL THE POLICE ARRIVE.

3. If someone asks you if you have a problem, after you have "followed" them on a dark and stormy night, ANNOUNCE LOUDLY THAT YOU ARE WITH NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH AND OFFER TO HELP THE PERSON FIND THEIR WAY.

4. If someone threatens you, or even APPEARS THREATENING, by looks, or deeds, or body language, ANNOUNCE LOUDLY THAT YOU HAVE A GUN. SEVERAL TIMES. VERY LOUDLY.

I don't know. These are just a few random thoughts. Ideas. Musings. Ponderings. .

Perfect, KZ. I am so irritated with people who say that Trayvon initiated the confrontation because he asked GZ why he was following him. Because, of course, asking that question led inevitably to the sequence of events that absolutely forced GZ to shoot Trayvon.

The fact is its talked about by people because in the context of Trayvon having said that is more contemporaneous than GZ noticing him and initiating his NEN call.

It's not because people are unreasonable or monsters.
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:28 am

Marica wrote:My computer refuses play to clips or produce sound.
No doubt it is all GOD'S plan so I won't have to view
or listen to some ppl.
Still I THINK I want to know.
Would much appreciate it if someone could give me
the gist of what video above posted by Ellejay is
about.

Hopefully, a transcript will come out and you can read it.
I think SH did a good job on the interview and packed in as many questions as possible.
I also think that you don't get the full understanding unless you watch or read the entire inteview to the end.
Little excerpts don't give the full context.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:32 am

Puzzler wrote:
or listen to some ppl.
about.

Hopefully, a transcript will come out and you can read it.
I think SH did a good job on the interview and packed in as many questions as possible.
I also think that you don't get the full understanding unless you watch or read the entire inteview to the end.
Little excerpts don't give the full context.

Transcript.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2012/07/18/exclusive-george-zimmerman-breaks-silence-hannity
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:39 am

or listen to some ppl.
about.

Marica, you have to see this video. Thank you for posting it, Ellejay. Lawrence O'Donnell drives me crazy be because he is so pompous, but I watch him anyway because he is so smart and he knows more about the inner workings of government than anyone else on TV. If you go to msnbc.com, and find "The Last Word" in the list of programs on the left, there will be clips available and I'm sure this one is among them.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:39 am

Jeff Weiner‏@JeffWeinerOS
Apparently ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ is about to call in to The View. Thankfully, I have 3 TVs on my desk. Will tweet what he says.

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
Response from special prosecutor!s office to #Zimmerman interview: "We have no comment."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:42 am

Freckles wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:

I don't think he convinced himself that he is innocent, I think moreso he is trying to convince any potential juror's out there. Zimmerman is seeing more money then he ever saw in his lifetime totaled up. He thinks he is a celebrity and will finally have the things he only dreamt of. So, no he's not sorry that he killed Trayvon, he is sorry that he got arrested and charged. He thinks by the money coming in that he has many supporters out here (and he may have). But like CA, his celebrity status keeps her in hiding as it will do him (if he is found not guilty). Either way he wont be able to enjoy the money and he will always be looking over his shoulder.
He sees the money as a stamp of approval, of agreement with his actions.
He feels he has become the hero for the moment.
So sickeningly disgusting.
I just hope the IRS gets their bite of the pie.

Unfortunately, Freckles, the donations are tax-free to GZ and, unless someone donates more than $13k in a single year, to the donors. GZ will not owe a penny of taxes even if he gets $1M, $10M, $100M, if Mitt Romney takes it into his head to donate his entire fortune to GZ. (Then Mitt would owe gift taxes, but GZ would owe nothing.) I am sure of this.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:47 am

Oh good gawd, Zimmerman is supposedly calling into The View! It's not on here for awhile, anyone in the EST zone to catch it??
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:49 am

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:50 am

Marica wrote:Thnx Ellejay... The more I see/hear about this the more I
wonder about GZ's mentality. Has he suddenly become a
man faith? Anyone know about his religious background?
Kind of hard to wrap the head around this "GOD's plan"
thing when we all know the commandments...
I wonder what GZ figures GOD's plan is in this instance?
I would really like to hear his thoughts on that one.
It would seem if he KNOWS this was GOD's plan, surely GOD
would have shared the plan with him. It is starting to look like
he might be able to plea insanity.

GZ is as much a man of faith as that CA twit is a traveling evangelist in a brand new SUV with a dozen kids from all walks of life in tow looking for her daughter's killer...
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:50 am

Puzzler wrote:
ellejay wrote:

--The Last Word w/ Lawrence O'Donnell---6:23

You know...this will be played over and over, but Zim did have more to say about this toward the end of the interview...where's that part?

This is the link to the entire interview:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:52 am

Jeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS

Walters says #GeorgeZimmerman just called, but "If you could not do the interview yesterday, I don't think we should do a quick one today."

Steve Helling @stevehelling

Barbara Walters is angry at #Zimmerman. The View just got frosty.
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:59 am

I love the way Barbara Walters did that, she dissed Zimmerman and the entire audience applauded.

Who the hell does Zimmerman think he is? He thinks he can call all the shots. I hope O'Mara feels like crap, he too was dissed.

Good for Barbara Walters........

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 pm

bobkealing bob kealing
Response from special prosecutor!s office to #Zimmerman interview: "We have no comment."

On @todayshow #TrayvonMartin mother says "absolutely not" when asked if they would talk to #Zimmerman said he "rushed to judge" their son.

Natalie Jackson ‏@NatJackEsq
@bobkealing "2 ask us if we will forgive a guy who DOESN'T EVEN REGRET taking our son's life is just 2 much 2 ask right now." Tracy Martin
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 pm

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
Mark O'Mara told me the ‪#Zimmerman‬ defense could run upwards of $2 million. He's hoping to generate donations from those who sympathize w/GZ

https://twitter.com/bobkealing
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:06 pm

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
On @today ‪#TrayvonMartin‬ parents: state attorney's office will look at ‪#Zimmerman‬ interview last night "as a gift."

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 pm

NO ‪#GeorgeZImmerman‬ interview on The View. He called, but Barbara Walters says not today. Doesn't want to do "a quick one." ‪#TrayvonMartin‬

Walters says ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ just called, but "If you could not do the interview yesterday, I don't think we should do a quick one today."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
On @today ‪#TrayvonMartin‬ parents: state attorney's office will look at ‪#Zimmerman‬ interview last night "as a gift."

No kidding. He just testified without testifying. It would be nice if they could cross examine him, but with what he said, it isn't really even necessary.

Like Christmas morning for AC and BDLR.

I suspect privately MOM may wish he no longer represents GZ after that performance. It seemed obvious to me that MOM didn't suggest that interview, and couldn't prevent him from doing it, but sure didn't sound or act like he supported it. He nearly sucked himself inside out. Only looked at GZ about once or twice.MOM looked like he would rather be undergoing a colonoscopy live on TV rather than sitting beside his client who was committing "suicide by Hannity."
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:18 pm

I loved Barbara Walters' reaction. The tone of her voice was awesome.

GZ fully expects to be a millionaire of this case and he fully expects this case to be dismissed. He's so smug and arrognant. Unfortunately, I have no hope for this case. :/

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:22 pm

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/07/19/dont-miss-part-two-of-sean-hannitys-interview-with-george-zimmerman/

Tonight: The Martin Family Attorney Reacts to George Zimmerman’s Hannity Interview

It was the interview that captivated America. Now, the attorney for Trayvon Martin’s family reacts to Sean Hannity’s interview with George Zimmerman. Tune in tonight at 9p/12a ET.

Plus, don’t miss more revealing insight in part two of Sean Hannity’s exclusive interview with George Zimmerman. Tune in Friday at 9p/12a ET.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Steve Helling ‏@stevehelling People Magazine
Barbara Walters says that #Zimmerman's attorneys encouraged him to do an interview.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones

Prosecutors just filed Sean Hannity interview as part of discovery (potential evidence) in its case against #GeorgeZimmerman
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Matt Gutman‏@mattgutmanABC

therealgerogezimmerman website is back, and asking for donations. saying $211,000 fund is depleted.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:30 pm

this is the 2nd time today my post was lost... And it was long... My question was how much can that interview really help the state? He wasn't under oath so he could embellish it any way he wanted. If they call him out on the discrepancies all he has to say is Sorry if my interview is different from my original statement it wasn't my intent to mislead but the events of that night have become confusing to me from trying to replay them in my head to come up with what I could of done differently to avoid the outcome that happened. I'm under alot of stress so I can't think straight all the time. Or something along those lines... Maybe he gains more supporters prior to trial and raises more money but then when called out on it dismisses it with the excuse thousands before him have used...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:41 pm

http://www.scribd.com/doc/100525084/State-s-4th-Supplemental-Discovery-7-19-12
--State's 4th-Supplemental-Discovery-7-19-12

--one item: Defendant's stmts on hannity interview

--i imagine after part 2 of george's interview airs friday night we'll be seeing a state's 5th supplemental discovery
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:51 pm

Bmore wrote:this is the 2nd time today my post was lost... And it was long... My question was how much can that interview really help the state? He wasn't under oath so he could embellish it any way he wanted. If they call him out on the discrepancies all he has to say is Sorry if my interview is different from my original statement it wasn't my intent to mislead but the events of that night have become confusing to me from trying to replay them in my head to come up with what I could of done differently to avoid the outcome that happened. I'm under alot of stress so I can't think straight all the time. Or something along those lines... Maybe he gains more supporters prior to trial and raises more money but then when called out on it dismisses it with the excuse thousands before him have used...

--(if) they get him on the stand, ask a question, george answers-----they then pull out his (different) hannity answer to impeach him.......again and again.

--or they read off an answer he gave in an LE interview, w/ again conflicting answers etc.

--the jury then can't believe a word george says since he changes it up so often

--whether he's "confused/under stress" or not------the truth should be easy, and should remain the same
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm

I understand that but that's my point. He admits they're different because of the stress and confusion over this tramatic event that has changed his life. He knows they're impeach him and will admit the stories are different but it's OK... If he owes up to it it's not like he's trying to cover his butt, it was an honest mistake... He'd have to take that approach... Because of everything that's happened it's distorted his memory of the events that night because it happened so fast... yes the truth is easy but if you've convinced yourself you've done nothing wrong then you can change the reality you know and believe it to be true...

Last edited by Bmore on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo and add on)
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:06 pm

KZ wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:bob kealing ‏@bobkealing

No kidding. He just testified without testifying. It would be nice if they could cross examine him, but with what he said, it isn't really even necessary.

I suspect privately MOM may wish he no longer represents GZ after that performance. It seemed obvious to me that MOM didn't suggest that interview, and couldn't prevent him from doing it, but sure didn't sound or act like he supported it. He nearly sucked himself inside out. Only looked at GZ about once or twice.MOM looked like he would rather be undergoing a colonoscopy live on TV rather than sitting beside his client who was committing "suicide by Hannity."

There has been a lot of speculation about who is in charge 'here'.

I do not necessarily thing this was GZs or MOMs idea but maybe a nudge from Wellons Communications.

The SA has shown that this is going to be tried in the court of public opinion and the Defense appears to be rolling with the challenge.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Tamta wrote:
KZ wrote:

I do not necessarily thing this was GZs or MOMs idea but maybe a nudge from Wellons Communications.

The SA has shown that this is going to be tried in the court of public opinion and the Defense appears to be rolling with the challenge.

How is the SA showing that this will be tried in the court of public opinion when they have refused to comment on just about any aspect of the case?

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Porky wrote:
Tamta wrote:

How is the SA showing that this will be tried in the court of public opinion when they have refused to comment on just about any aspect of the case?

Exactly!

Furthermore, the prosecution filed a motion requesting the judge to impose a gag order, the judge denied the request.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to add....)
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Bmore wrote:I understand that but that's my point. He admits they're different because of the stress and confusion over this tramatic event that has changed his life. He knows they're impeach him and will admit the stories are different but it's OK... If he owes up to it it's not like he's trying to cover his butt, it was an honest mistake... He'd have to take that approach... Because of everything that's happened it's distorted his memory of the events that night because it happened so fast... yes the truth is easy but if you've convinced yourself you've done nothing wrong then you can change the reality you know and believe it to be true...

We all knew that the state attorney would file the interview as a piece of discovery - as they will do for any other interviews that may occur. The state attorney is going tit-for-tat....defense held and interview, state filed the transcript of the interview as discovery.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:41 pm

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/george-zimmerman-tv-interview-barbara-walters/
Barbara Walters Exacts Revenge On George Zimmerman Over Interview Snub

--snipped--

--"The View" videos @ link

Walters was scheduled to interview Zimmerman after Sean Hannity did, but when she flew to Florida to do so Zimmerman told her he would not consent to the interview unless she met certain conditions — conditions, Walters said, that she could not meet “as an employee of ABC.” Was it a “quid pro quo” situation, Joy Behar asked? Walters told her “I won’t get into it,” but did say Zimmerman is “desperate for money” and refused to do the interview with her against the advice of his lawyers.

Zimmerman’s lawyer called the show
, interrupting the last ten minutes, telling Barbara that Zimmerman was willing to do the interview. From her perch on the couch Barbara shut them down, saying pointedly “We will now continue with our program, and with the people who agreed to interviews and [came] here” before throwing it to a medley of 70s classics written and sung by Paul Williams.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Puzzler I know that. TM's parents said the interview was "a gift", my original question was would it really help the state? Based on the example of behavior I mentioned above that I expect him to exhibit I don't really know that it's that great...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Daralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones

Just interviewed ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ attorney. He said they hoped to bring in donations thru new website after Hannity intv last night

Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones

Mark O'Mara said so far only about one, two thousand raised after last night. Legal fund nearly depleted. #GeorgeZimmerman

Mark O'Mara said Barbara Walters interview cancelled b/c ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ wanted his wife put up for 30 days. Walters refused
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Bmore wrote:Puzzler I know that. TM's parents said the interview was "a gift", my original question was would it really help the state? Based on the example of behavior I mentioned above that I expect him to exhibit I don't really know that it's that great...

Saying it was 'God's plan' and some of his other comments show a depraved mind, imo.

(not related to the interview, but joking about the hoodie shows some depravity too...)
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Labadorable Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:06 pm

God told Barbara Walters to walk away from #zimmerman interview ... #stateoffloridahasfuturehotelreservationforgz

(sorry if my humor offends anyone)
Labadorable
Labadorable

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Mark O'Mara said he may need to have ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ declared indigent ...legal fund nearly depleted

--how would that even work? george has his "give me your $$$'s" site back up, omara wouldn't be able to state from one day to the next how much money he had did/didn't have..
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:12 pm

serenaz1... I posted earlier that I don't follow this case just read your comments from time to time. I also said that with the God's plan comment there are 2 ways that I can take that and I think he meant the latter. 1 - That God had a greater purpose for TM therefore he had to die. And 2 - It was God's plan to put GZ through this ordeal to make him a better person. Granted these are JMO and like I said I don't know all the details of this case... I just can't think of any other reason he would say that...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Bmore wrote:Puzzler I know that. TM's parents said the interview was "a gift", my original question was would it really help the state? Based on the example of behavior I mentioned above that I expect him to exhibit I don't really know that it's that great...

This an example of how statements made to the media by a defendant can be used by the prosecution against the defendant:

"Baker, 38, did not testify, but in an interview with "20/20" -- portions of which were played in open court -- he claimed he left his house just before midnight on the night in question to put gasoline in the car and get a movie to watch with his wife. He said when he returned, the bedroom door was locked, and after breaking in he found his wife nude and not breathing. Baker said he called 911 and began CPR."

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/texas-pastor-matt-baker-trial-wifes-murder-jury/story?id=9616881

The medical examiner overseeing the autopsy testified that it was hard to detect signs of smothering and that he did not see any trauma to Kari's body. But another medical examiner who only reviewed the autopsy report said he saw an abrasion on Kari's nose that was consistent with being smothered.

Shafer also urged jurors to note Baker's contradictory statements in his deposition and his interviews to "48 Hours" and "20/20."

http://www.kerrcountychildcare.com/MattBakermurder.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:29 pm

But doesn't GZ have to testify because of the defense he's using? Not saying that the jury would believe him, I'm just saying I could see him twisting it that way...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:41 pm

ellejay wrote:Daralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones

Mark O'Mara said he may need to have ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ declared indigent ...legal fund nearly depleted

--how would that even work? george has his "give me your $$$'s" site back up, omara wouldn't be able to state from one day to the next how much money he had did/didn't have..

I would think that George would still not qualify but the way I see it, they have already created a money making enterprise which is fluid and no one knows when the next outpouring of funds might occur. Funny things is MOM might be stuck with the case since he originally said that he would do it pro bono. It would stand to reason then that if the money did dry up, he can't bail due to non payment.

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next