Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder

+12
hello clarice
colsnipe
tesstruhart
Ann - Tx
Gizmo711
Weeziethm
olivier57
Nan11
ishi
One Wonders
Alessandra_Deux
Justice4all
16 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 4 Empty Re: Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:44 pm

@CuriousPortlander:

Great notes, CP! They are an excellent summary of what transpired in court today.

Thank you so much! Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 4 2108

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 4 Empty Re: Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Martin MacNeill's Daughters Testify They Believe He Killed His Wife

Oct. 24, 2013

By ALYSSA NEWCOMB via GOOD MORNING AMERICA

Two daughters of the Utah doctor on trial for allegedly killing his wife provided emotional testimony today that they believed their father was guilty.

The day his wife died, Dr. Martin MacNeill insisted on telling one daughter, Rachel MacNeill, how her mother ended up in a bathtub unconscious, even though she said she asked him to not tell her the details.

Rachel MacNeill wiped away tears, and her voice quivered at times, as she testified today at her father's murder trial in Provo, Utah.

"He said that she must have fallen, hit her head," Rachel MacNeill said. "He kept repeating that the autopsy needed to be done. I didn't want to see any of this. My mother just died, and even showing me and talking about [the] autopsy. ... It was horrible. I didn't want to know and I was concerned about my family. I didn't want to hear that."

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/martin-macneill-concerned-accused-killing-wife-daughter/story?id=20669843
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Published on Oct 24, 2013

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 5 - Part 1

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 5 - Part 2

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 5 - Part 3 (Rachel MacNeill)

https://www.youtube.com/user/croakerqueen123/videos
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:43 am

Live links for the trial!  Today should be exciting--Gypsy may testify and possibly Alexis--still now word on little Ada, though we should know first thing this morning.

Fox:
http://fox13now.com/on-air/live-stream-2/

Mediaite:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-live-martin-macneill-murder-trial-live-stream/

Wild About Trial:
http://wildabouttrial.com/martin-macneill-live-stream.html

ABC
http://abcnews.go.com/live

We hope you join us in live chat!  Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 4 Smileys-miscellaneous-258409

http://www.realitychatter.com/h10-chat[/b][/b][/b]
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:49 am

A big thank you to everyone who has been posting links and information on this trial.  Although I am quite interested in this case, I have been unable to immerse myself fully and therefore have been reluctant to comment due to my limited knowledge of the details, etc.  So reading everyone's great posts has been terrific!

That being said, I did catch most of Rachel's testimony yesterday and it was heartwrenching to watch...her pain was palpable.  Hoping Ada will be able to tell the jury what she witnessed/how she saw her mom in the tub.  IMO, that evil MM purposefully brought this little 6 y/o child onto the scene to discover Michelle "first"...despicable and unforgivable.  

Prayers for the MacNeill children.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Notes from Oct. 25 - jury is not present

Judge discussing the "tainting" of Ada

• Reading case law
  • Alexis was acting as an agent for LE due to state's actions; falls under due process
  • Other states have not allowed it
  • entitled to competency hearing; competency is presumed in Utah
  • party suggesting taint bears the burden of proof
  • credibility is a jury responsibility
  • defendant must prove substantially
  • court not pursuaded that Alexis used only open-ended questions
  • clear and convincing evidence; memory influenced/distorted
  • not pursuaded that Alexis mispoke about body position in tub
  • Ada's memory apparently getting better over time
  • reliability of some of her testimony is not in question (my words)
  • some of her statements have been corroborated by others
  • Ada is highly susceptible to suggestion by Alexis
  • unconsciously influenced by adults in her life who are biased and who is her sole care provider
  • Grants in part and denies in part
  • After Children's Justice Interview (CJI) - tainted
  • Up to and including that interview, not tainted
  • Ada is a competent witness; CJI does not violate due process
  • State can show CJI; defense may cross; state can discuss anything "opened" by cross
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:12 pm

I hope they fry the bastard. He is guilty as sin, as well as his mistress.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Utah Doc's Daughter Has 'Planted or Distorted' Memories of Day Mom Died, Judge Says

Oct. 25, 2013

The youngest daughter of a Utah doctor accused of drugging and drowning his wife will be allowed to testify at her father's murder trial, a judge ruled today.

Judge Derek Pullan said Ada MacNeill, now 12, is a competent witness. However, he expressed concern that some of her memories may be "planted or distorted."

~Snipped~

"There is clear and convincing evidence that some of Ada's memories were planted or distorted by Alexis' repeated interviews," Pullan said.

While no new testimony will be allowed, jurors will be shown a recording of Ada's interview with the Children's Justice Center and then she will take the stand to be cross-examined by her father's defense team.

"There has been a significant lapse of time between then and now," Pullan said. "The degree of her recollection is not stellar."

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/martin-macneills-daughter-planted-distorted-memories-day-mom/story?id=20682131
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Jury is now present

Dr. Gary Dawson; pharmacologist; toxicologist

• has PhD (pharmacology?  I missed it)
  • licensed to pratice pharmacy in 4 states
  • reviewing his CV/experience
  • involved in pain management; drug abuse, development of new drugs, etc.
  • has published about 25 peer-reviewed research
  • establishing his credentials as an expert witness
  • discussing proper ways to take blood samples
  • discussing various tests which can be performed and test reports and what they show
  • experienced with post-mortem blood analysis; discussed factors involved in analyzing
  • after death, high concentration of drugs in one area (on one side of a membrane) wants to move to where low concentration of drugs are (on the other side of the membrane (Ficks law)
  • Drug-naive patient:  when given a central nervous system depressant for the first time, the effects are exaggerated than if they've taken it for a long time
  • Where the blood is drawn from makes a difference, especially after death

(this is going on and on and on, still discussing general processes, procedures, etc.)

• post-mortem redistribution; after death, the blood is no longer circulating; things stop; orderly exchange is disrupted; without circulation, Ficks law comes into play
  • repeated samples taken after death over time would show the movement of the drugs per Ficks law (depends on where the blood is drawn from)
  • Discussing drug half-life; amount of time it takes to remove 50% of the drug remaining in the body

a.m. recess

• Drugs found in Michele's system are all CNS (Central Nervous System) depressants; overlapping effects when taken together
  • Valium (diazepam) 5 mg - anti-anxiety; muscle relaxant; sleep aid; 0.1 mg/liter found in Michele's system
  • Nordiazepam (active metabolite of diazepam; not a separate drug); less than 0.05 mg/liter found
  • Oxycodone (Percocet) - Percocet is Oxy plus Tylenol; oxy is a narcotic analgesic (pain killer); causes sedation; .04 mg/liter found;  oxycontin is Oxy without Tylenol
  • Promethazine (Fenergan) - anti-nausea drug; has anti-histamine effect (allergies); .1 mg/liter found
  • Zolpidem (Ambien) - sleeping pill (sedative; hypnotic); didn't say how much found
  • These drugs work on different receptors, so that's why there's an additive effect
  • Michele's body type:  middle age female; approx. 170 lbs.; no obvious signs of metabolic issues; average female patient - objection regarding "average", foundation; sustained
  • Nothing to suggest that she was on long-term CNS depressant use
  • Going over prescriptions she got in 2002; 2003, 2006, 2007 (face lift)
  • Even if you built up a tolerance to drug from using for a while, a patient, if drug were discontinued, can go back to being drug-naive
  • No evidence that Michele had built up a tolerance to any of these (my summary)
  • He classified Michele as a drug-naive patient
  • He would have liked to have had a living drug sample; would eliminate post-mortem redistribution; would identify what last doses were taken; wasn't available in this case
  • Half life:  Diazepam:  20-35 hours;  Oxy: 3-6 hr.;  Promethazine - 6-12 hours; Zolpidem; 2-3 hours
  • Her blood sample came from the heart; taken approx. 24-25 hours after death
  • Due to post-mortem redistribution, could make the tox report numbers show higher than they actually were; since sample was taken relatively shortly after death, redistribution shouldn't have had much impact (my words)
  • He calculated post-mortem redistribution of each drug; used high range numbers (whatever that means)

• defense asked to voir dire the witness
  • Defense:  discussing articles that support his methods for determining post-mortem redistribution (if I got that right); appears to be a highly contested subject matter
  • Defense is refuting reliability of this post-mortem redistribution calculation
  • Witness saying the report that defense is using is anecdotal; not research
  • witness answering "that depends" to several of Mr. Spencer's questions; not agreeing with him
  • Objection overruled; Prosecutor continues

• Prosecutor reviewing article that defense brought up (they opened the door); witness wasn't trying to compute lethal concentrations, which is what the article was discussing
  • Article says toxicologist must take several things into account, which he did
  • Some drugs are not susceptible to post-mortem redistribution
  • His analysis of redistribution (done at a later date) did not change his initial findings
  • anecdotal is not scientifically controlled
  • his goal was looking at the additive effect of drugs; not individually; wasn't looking at each med to determine if it was a lethal dose
  • his conclusion was based on the aggregate of the combination of these drugs
  • individually, these drugs were not lethal doses
  • the combination of her meds, in a live person, would make that person unresponsible to their environment; cognitive impairment would be profound; motor skills would be affected; they could even be asleep
  • her meds had different levels of redistribution; not all the same

recess for lunch; resumes at 1:30, Mountain time

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 4 88030 CuriousPortlander, you're on the way to be a court reporter !

olivier57

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Dr. Gary Dawson; pharmacologist; toxicologist, continued

Cross:

• witness was hired as an expert witness by investigators
  • Reading an email he wrote to Whitney; something about "getting around" the ME's report
  • New info was coming out that indicated that original ME's report might need to be updated
  • He was trying to determine what procedure was required to make that happen
  • The ME determined that COD was natural causes
  • reading parts of the email
  • email discusses something called "sudden death"
  • her potassium level was high, but if she had been injected with potassium, her level would have been a lot higher than that
  • emails says there's not a smoking gun here (in the toxicology report)
  • those drugs on top of miocarditis (heart problem) might be a problem
  • Mr. Spencer is reading his prior testimony (prelim hearing) and confirming witness said those things
  • all meds she was on are metabolized through the liver
  • at prelim, he said 8 days of taking a med might show some tolerance to medication
  • lawyer showing package insert for Zopidem (Ambien); looking up half-life; it says for 10 mg. version, the half life is a range of up to 3.8 hours for 10 mg tablet
  • another package insert for lisinopril (high blood pressure med); one of the side effects listed is cardiac arrythmias

Re-direct:

• Jeff Robinson was also party to the interview this witness had with Whitney
  • he was asked, from his perspective, to provide a curb-side consult; floating ideas; detectives responding to it
  • regarding trying to "get around" ME's report; poor choice of words; ME report says this, and true to the best of their knowledge, Dets. have a huge hurdle to get over those issues; he's not trying to give a road map on how to get around it and make it look bad; it would be an ethical issue if he did that
  • going over email again; "there's no smoking gun", meaning none of those drugs by itself was a lethal dose; revealing more about the combined effect of the meds making the person unresponsive
  • no inconsistencies with what he said today
  • trying to put the info regarding combined effects of medications with her heart condition
  • have to look at the dosages, not just the number of days someone is taking medication
  • as you are coming off a medication, tolerance will drop

Re-cross:

• asked about peak plasma leve/concentration of zolpidem; witness read off package insert

Jury questions:

• blood sample taken 24 hours after death? Standard procedure?  Yes and no; depends on circumstances and jurisdiction involved; typically 24, 48 or even 72 hours; ideal is 24 hours
  • How much Ambien was discovered in Michele's blood?  Reported value is 80 nanograms/ml; that's the post-mortem value; doesn't directly relate necessarily to what was present at the time of death but it would be close
  • If the circulation of blood is artificial, for example through CPR, would that allow for the continued metabolism of drugs within the liver? If there was still viable tissue there's a possibility, but the contribution to that would be minimal in an hour or two hours; that's just when you look at the, there could be some metabolism that takes place, but it would depend upon the interval from the time of the sensation of circulation and the time of the initiation of the CPR; the longer that interval, the more liver damage occurs and the less likely those cells are still able to do their metabolic work
  • Would that make a significant difference in the results of a given test? Again, it just, it depends on a number of factors and the interval is important, #1, and #2, it would depend upon if you have a drug that has a 5-minute half life, it could be very important, but we don't have any of those here; the half life is at least 2-3 hours, and so it depends on the drug, and it depends on that particular circumstance

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:28 pm

olivier57 wrote:Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 4 88030 CuriousPortlander, you're on the way to be a court reporter !
Oh, gosh, not a chance!  Very Happy 

Although I do wish I had their handy shorthand recorder, and was trained in such usage!  That would be so much easier than typing this all out longhand.

But thank you!

And thank you all for your appreciation of my notes!  I'm very glad to hear that they are helpful.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:35 pm

The testimony of Gypsy Willis went really fast, and I missed some of it.  HLN just said they will be replaying her testimony at the top of the next hour, so I'm going to hold off posting my notes for now.  Will watch the replay, fill in the holes in my notes, and then post later.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:38 pm

‘Other woman’ in Martin MacNeill’s life takes stand at murder trial
Court » Martin MacNeill allegedly killed wife to continue affair with Gypsy Jillian Willis.

" ... Asked about April 11, 2007, Willis acknowledged that was the day that Michele MacNeill died.

Phone records show Martin MacNeill called Willis’ cell twice from his work phone the morning of the day Michele MacNeill died, and Martin MacNeill and Willis exchanged 30 text messages, according to prosecutors.

Wills said she attended Michele’s funeral. Phone records show she and Martin MacNeill texted each other during the funeral...."

" ...But investigations say Martin MacNeill called the medical examiner multiple times and gave misleading information ..."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57040203-78/macneill-martin-ada-death.html.csp

They just updated this...
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:44 pm

Published on Oct 25, 2013

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 6 - Part 1

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 6 - Part 2

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 6 - Part 3

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Listening to the middle vid from yesterday where Alexis will be taking the stand.The def atty is questioning an investigator and mentions there was extensive coverage in the news. He pronounces it as "Des-er-at" news.

That bugged me because I was told it is Des-i-ray (Desiree) pronunciation. IF I am correct with the pronunciation, then this atty is not LDS/Mormon... No matter but would explain his avenue of questioning.

Anyone know the correct pronunciation? I may be wrong from my source...I used to  shop at a thrift store called Deseret Industries...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1-fUJeD6jE

Alexis also calls it the Des-er-ET News. Appears I was misinformed on the pronunciation of the name...Shocked 
I apologize. geek 

Last edited by Freckles on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Utah Doc and Mistress Texted One Another the Day His Wife Died: Prosecutors

Oct. 25, 2013

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 4 Ap_gypsy_willis_ll_131025_16x9_992

Gypsy Willis, the 37-year-old mistress of Martin MacNeill, arrives at court, Oct. 25, 2013, in Provo, Utah, to take a much-anticipated turn on the witness stand. Rick Bowmer/AP Photo

The mistress of a Utah doctor accused of killing his wife testified today that their affair was "casual," despite the fact that prosecutors allege she and the doctor exchanged 15 text messages on the day his wife was found lifeless in a bathtub.

Gypsy Willis said she met Dr. Martin MacNeill, a married father of eight children, online around November 2005, however their relationship did not turn sexual until January 2006, she said.

"We would see each other about a couple times a month. There were months when we didn't see each other. It was a very casual thing," said Willis, who wore a tight blazer over a low-cut camisole while on the stand in the Provo, Utah, courtroom.

Willis testified that MacNeill, 57, helped her financially during nursing school around February 2007.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/utah-doctor-mistress-exchanged-15-text-messages-day/story?id=20682131
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:40 pm

From comments:
" ... Chatty Cathy 18 hours ago

MacNeill sent his oldest adopted child, back to Ukraine,"to fend for herself," authorities say. Michele's sister Linda assumed guardianship of the girl. While pursuing adoption, she noticed the birth date on Giselle's birth certificate had been altered. Investigators discovered Willis had been using Giselle's SS# to hide her debt-heavy credit history. January 2010 the sisters' only brother, Damian, a 24yo law student, committed suicide. "My mother's death," says Alexis, "destroyed him."

Chatty Cathy 19 hours ago

The sisters went into hiding for the next six months, staying in Vegas hotels "because there were security cameras everywhere," says Rachel. Their father, they say, waged a furious campaign of intimidation, threatening to take back their sisters and saying, "I will destroy you." Alexis says, "We feared for our safety and for the safety of our younger sisters. The stress we felt when we woke up every morning was incredible."
·
Chatty Cathy

During those summer months after Michele's death, he hired Gypsy Willis, now 34-"the woman Mom had suspected he was having an affair with," says Rachel-to care for his younger daughters. To gain custody of the girls, Rachel and Alexis threatened to have Michele's death investigated. "The very next day, he had the kids dropped off at Alexis' apartment in Las Vegas," says Rachel. "I picked up and moved there the very next day."

The other key piece of info that Martin was carrying on an affair with a woman known as Gypsy Willis since 2004, three years before the murder. Gypsy told roommates that she was going to marry Martin when they figured out how to “get rid” of Michelle. Martin declared after Michelle’s death that he would marry Gypsy in the Temple.Right after Michelle’s death, Martin insisted on hiring a nanny for the younger children in spite of the fact that Rachel and several friends & neighbors offered too.
·
Chatty Cathy

Michelle was devoted to her children and family and to the Church. Martin likewise served in the Church, having been a Bishop according to him. He was a Sunday School teacher until he was arrested for her murder. One of the problems with the case appears to be Martin’s position in the community and the Church. During the resuscitation efforts, he shouted, “I’ve been a Bishop and pay tithing, why is this happening to us?”

He allegedly falsified records to get into medical school in Mexico & California & to obtain a law degree. He was accused of sexually assaulting patients at the BYU Health Center & other places he worked & received disability income from the military until 2010 for a mental health issue. He’d had numerous affairs.
·
Chatty Cathy

In 1977, after her family moved to California, she met Martin MacNeill. After 2 months of dating, they eloped, something her parents and sisters did not approve of because they were quite suspicious of Martin MacNeill and his pompous attitude. His criminal history started early and he revealed to Michelle that he had been charged with Felony check fraud, for writing bad checks. This was, only the beginning of his odd and deceitful activities.No big deal according to him. ..."

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:53 pm

From above link:
I just noticed the necktie the def is wearing.
It is light blue with a diamond shape on it.
When he turns in the light, it appears to be a fake blue snake skin...
and I thot the tie most appropriate for a man who has wasted his life with lies, deceit, fraud, adultery, murder and betrayals galore.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Gypsy Willis, MM's mistress

• Known by other names?  Was married for a time; her last name was Jensen, was also going by "Jillian MacNeill"
  • here on a subpoena; required to testify as part of a plea deal; in exchange for testifying in this case, she was given no jail time on another case for conviction of felonies
  • Interviewed by LE twice; March 2009 and again in Oct. 2010; previously testified in prelim hearing
  • Attorneys stipulated that she knows MM; they were "involved a number of years ago" in a relationship
  • first met on line in November 2005; she had an interest board where she'd post her interests; he replied via IM to one of the subjects she posted; previously stated a couple of different versions of how they met; the meeting online is true
  • discussing chat user names she used on yahoo: phoenix sheba?  lucid sphynx?
  • relationship evolved; communicated with online Instant Messaging; cell phone text msgs; calls from his work number
  • met in person just before Thanksgiving in 2005 (had sold her house previously; she had moved in Sept. to apartment); shortly after moving to apartment

• relationship became sexual in Jan. 2006; saw each other a couple of times a month; some months none; very casual; whenever they had time and it could be arranged; had sex about half of the time; sometimes it was just lunch
  • she got into a nursing program in 2006; had to jump in without a lot of financial preparation; was "couch surfing"; staying with friends
  • in Spring 2007, MM told her he had a leased property she could stay at; they communicated more; had more visits
  • March 2007, moved closer (into MM's leased duplex in Leheigh?); Martin paid for, since it was his lease
  • MM gave her a debit card for personal expenses
  • MM helped a little financially with her nursing school; he was not the primary source; she had financial aid for that
  • had sex more often after she lived there
  • prior to March she was dating others
  • March she was seeing others, but not as many, because she saw MM more

• In Feb. 2007, they went together to the Mayo Clinic in Arizona; MM was being tested for some conditions related to his health
  • Stopped in Las Vegas on their way; he had her wait at a restaurant while he visited Alexis; she stayed with friends; he stayed with Alexis; continued on the next day
  • Alexis had found some things in the car (clothes, luggage, makeup, etc.); she was very upset and was concerned about them; MM said Michele had called and asked where he was; he said what's this about

• showing her an email she wrote in response to a guy who asked her on a date (potential suitor)
  • March 6, 2007, that email said that a "very good and best friend of mine has become much more than that"; therefore inappropriate for her to meet with this previous suitor
  • Showed her a follow-up email dated March 13, 2007; email said "I met him online a year and a half ago; we've always been great together, and just recently his (something) changed and we are together now"; hearsay objection to admission; judge reserving decision until later
  • going over phone numbers used in March/April 2007 (video is blocking them from being heard)
  • Judge's ruling on previous objection:  sustained as to hearsay; but she testified that the relationship hadn't changed at all in the spring, prior inconsistent statements extrinsic evidence of them is admissible so long as she is given an opportunity to examine and explain or deny the statement; the adverse party is given an opportunity to see the documents and examine as well; "I'll receive them"

• Going over phone records:  MM's outgoing calls from USDC, 2007
  • March 29 - MM called her one time
  • April 1 - no calls to her
  • April 2 - 3 calls to her
  • April 3 - no calls
  • April 4 - 2 calls
  • April 5 - 1 call; she doesn't see it
  • April 6 - 6 calls
  • April 8 - 1 call
  • April 9 - 3 calls
  • April 10 - 1 call
  • April 11  - 2 calls in the morning; one at 6:48 a.m., one at 9:26 a.m. (the day Michele died)
  • April 13 - 1 call at 10:20 p.m.

• Now going over calls and text messages from MM's cell phone records
  • March 29 - approximately 38 texts
  • April 1 - 6 texts
  • April 2 - 10 approx.
  • April 3 - 24 approx.
  • April 4 - 17 approx. - two after 10:45 p.m.
  • April 5 - 16 between midnight and 10 a.m.
  • April 11 - approx. 15 texts (the day Michele died)
  • April 12 - 12 texts (some of these were picture texts she sent him; she doesn't recall those)
  • April 14 - approx. 22 (day of the funeral)
  • She attended funeral; it was in the later morning (10-12?); she sent him 4 txts between 9  a.m. and 12:30 p.m.  She said "this was an important day; trying to get my info correct"
  • During March and April, phone from USDC used for calls; cell phones used for text msgs only; trying to keep their relationship discrete; "we were not interested in other people knowing"; "he was trying to keep it quiet; I respected that"
  • On April 14; he called her from his cell phone for the first time (the day of the funeral)

• she spoke to MM briefly immediately after funeral; said "I hope you're alright; and if there's anything I can do, please let me know"; she didn't go to luncheon afterwards

• Prior to Michele's death, she overheard a conversation where Michele had called him; said she had had her blood pressure checked; it was quite high; MM said "you've got to get that under control if you're going to have this surgery"
  • MM told her re: April 11 about health fair; had picked up Ada from school; found Michele in the bathtub; partially dressed; MM said Michele had a low pain threshold; MM had called Alexis that same morning concerned about Michele and said Michele wasn't listening to him, was doing too much activity; restless; he wanted Alexis to call Michele to make sure she was resting

• Next week, went to the temple to meet Rachel; doesn't remember exact date
  • She was supposed to walk up and introduce herself and strike up a small conversation and leave; was dressed in a dress; appropriate for circumstances
  • When she approached, MM said hello and "what was your name?"; she said her name was Jillian; we'd met before; he introduced her to Rachel; doesn't think he left; doesn't recall if he asked her name again, or if he asked for her for her phone number; he already knew her number
  • Told Doug Whitney on March 3, 2009 that MM had "staged and directed" the temple visit; Whitney said that, she agreed; MM and she had discussed briefly in advance what would be discussed; he wanted her to meet his family on the best possible terms (not there to discuss being a nanny)
  • attended nanny interview at MM's house; MM conducted and all children except Alexis were present; Martin asked her questions
  • introduced herself; told them about her life and background; Damian, Eileen (his girlfriend) and Vanessa were there
  • Was there any question you'd be hired as nanny?  She doesn't believe that MM would have had her come and help if his children had objected strongly to her; prosecutor asked for that to be stricken as speculation; judge said the answer was responsive; answer stands; pros. asked to approach

Recess for the weekend; resumes Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m., Mountain time

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:17 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed typos)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:43 pm

@CuriousPortlander:

Thank you so much for posting the notes about Gypsy's testimony!

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Mistress says affair with former doctor accused in wife's murder was casual fling

By Jennifer Dobner, For the Deseret News
Published: Friday, Oct. 25 2013 10:35 a.m. MDT
Updated: 2 hours ago

PROVO — An affair between Martin MacNeill and his former mistress started more than a year before his wife's alleged murder, but the woman prosecutors say was the motive for the crime insists the relationship was only a casual fling.

Gypsy Willis told a jury Friday in 4th District Court that she met MacNeill online in spring 2005 and in person later that year, but they didn't begin their occasional sexual relationship until 2006.

~Snipped~

Willis is testifying against her former lover as part of plea deal with Utah County prosecutors that kept her out of jail despite convictions on state felony charges for identity theft. She was accused of stealing the identity of MacNeill’s adopted teen daughter, a crime that also resulted in federal criminal convictions for both Willis and MacNeill.

Read more:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865589137/Judge-to-limit-testimony-from-youngest-MacNeill-daughter-in-fathers-murder-trial.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:22 pm

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 6 - Part 4 (Gypsy Willis)

Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yATDvA7mAjM
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:19 pm

Partial comment of Gypsy on the stand:

" ... Blood sample was taken 24 hours after the death of Michele, is that typical? It depends, 24 hours isn’t a long time.

State calls Gypsy Willis. The mistress.

She has also gone by Jillian MacNeill.

She has been convicted prior.

She met MacNeill on line. She had several online names.

She developed a relationship with MacNeill.

The sexual relationship was casual. MacNeill had a duplex that she moved into and he gave her a credit card to use and was helping her with schooling costs.

Cell phone records are brought out. They are covering calls to her cell from MacNeill.

Just prior to Michelle’s death the calls increase.

On the day Michele died, MacNeil, called her the evening the of the death.

The text messaging was prolific leading up to and after Michele’s death.

April 14 there were about 22 texts…the day of Michele’s funeral!

She attended the funeral and offered condolences and said she was there if he needed her...."

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/2013/10/25/martin-macneill-murder-trial-day-6/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:18 am

Live links for today's stream:

http://fox13now.com/on-air/live-stream-2/

http://abcnews.go.com/live

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-live-martin-macneill-murder-trial-live-stream/

http://wildabouttrial.com/martin-macneill-live-stream.html

And

For our Chat room ~~ hope to see you there!  Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 4 Giga1

http://www.realitychatter.com/h10-chat
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:30 pm

Notes from Oct. 29 - jury is not present

By Gypsy saying MM wouldn't have wanted to hire her if his children objected, prosecutor thinks that Gypsy opened the door for him to bring in that MM prioritized Gypsy over his children; defense objects; too prejudicial; judge said state can "lead"; needs to hear more of her testimony to rule; sidebar

Jury is now present

Gypsy Willis; MM's mistress, continued

• Prosecutor is trying to impeach her comment from Friday about the relationship not turning into a committed relationship, even showed her the emails refuting that
  • April, 2007; she took pictures of herself (whenever she felt she looked good enough); she sent picture messages to MM
  • Prosecutor showed her those pictures; shows Gypsy lying down on a pillow (4/12/07; the day after Michele's death); another one shows her buttocks; another one shirtless; back is exposed
  • She was hired as a nanny around April 20th, 2007
  • Went over what she said about how she was interviewed
  • MM introduced her as Jillian, the nanny; they resumed sex after she moved in; was hiding the sexual relationship from everyone
  • when the adult children were home, she deferred to them and resumed nursing studies; otherwise she took care of kids
  • They took trips together (Wyoming)
  • In May, she began getting "I love you" emails; exchanged terms of endearment in texts
  • In June or July, she began looking at wedding rings
  • MM and she were making bids on wedding rings on bids.com - June 26, 28th
  • Aimed for an astrologically significant date for a wedding (Thursday June 28th email)
  • They went to Wyoming in July; MM proposed to her; she doesn't remember; he gave her a ring at that time; she was later given a really nice ring?  She doesn't remember
  • She's been proposed to since MM proposed (???)
  • MM gave her a 4.5 carat ring - $7K
  • MM said he had sent the kids a message that they were getting married
  • MM and Gypsy were very serious about getting married
  • Prosecutor asks to approach
  • MM and Gypsy  were never officially married; she still represented herself as wife Jillian MacNeill
  • Defense asks to approach
  • Pros. showing her an application for something (identity change?); MM filled out the application; purpose was to give her access (an ID) for military base; used name of Jillian G. MacNeill; listed as married; marriage date is listed as April 14th, 2007; the day of Michele's funeral
  • Prosecutor showing how close they were (restating everything they did together); are you telling me you don't know more about Michele's death?  That's correct
  • Pros. showing docs to the jury

Cross:

• didn't receive jail time in other case; not related to Michele's death
  • would spend 3 years in prison if she doesn't tell the truth
  • testified truthfully Friday and today; she'll be truthful with defense too
  • Used yahoo messenger frequently with MM
  • July 7; 131 texts
  • July 9th; 76 texts (both dates; she was living with him)
  • "Very big texter"
  • Jan-April, 2007:  2-3 thousand texts (texted everyone; preferred texts over phone calls)

Re-direct:

• conviction related to deceit; mis-representing information

Jury Questions:

• Was there a reason that it was decided you'd be introduced at temple instead of at nanny interview; Yes
  • Who gave you that reason - MM; someplace nice; calm
  • Previous experience as nanny?  No
  • What did Martin tell you that led you to believe your relationship had become more; nothing; helping her with school
  • Did MM ever discuss M's health or surgery with her; no; she overheard the conversation about blood pressure

Re-re-direct:

• knew about surgery before it happened; knew it had happened
  • going to prison for her convictions was a not a certainty, but a possibility; yes
  • In other cases, you were given signifcant prison time

Re-cross:

• haven't been trained as a nanny; had a child of her own
  • made sure they were getting ready for school; make breakfast; grocery shopping; transport kids; nursing school
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:34 pm

Roma Henrie, retired Administrator at USDC

• Worked there 1985 - 2010
  • She was Unit Director; buildings that housed residents; janitorial, records, steering committees; had a lot of people under her
  • MM was Med. Dir. who served on same steering team
  • Her office was in Admin building; down hall from Medical Services
  • April 11, she arrived at work around 8 a.m.; left around 5
  • Worked on safety fair that day at the Heather building
  • 1-2 minutes to walk between those buildings
  • Saw MM around 11 (award ceremony); not before
  • Normally awards are given out around noon; he came in around 11 and asked for awards to be done then (earlier)
  • MM said "if we're going to get this done, we need to do it soon; I need to pick up my daughter and check on my wife"
  • someone handed her a camera and asked her to take a picture of award recipients
  • MM asked if she had gotten him in the pix; make sure you get me in that pix; maybe you should take another one
  • later that day learned what happened to Michele
  • spoke to him again after funeral; the Monday after funeral, he showed up to work
  • He said he had nothing to do at home
  • Within a week, he was wearing a different wedding band
  • Not sure what was different; just realized that the ring had changed
  • Someone else asked him about it
  • MM said he lost his; didn't feel comfortable without one so bought a cheap replacement
  • Later that week, she went to his office to offer condolences; she just wanted to say I'm sorry; didn't realize your wife was sick; he was very sad; "she insisted on having elective surgery"; she wanted to go north (so no one knew her); they missed her heart condition; she had reaction to medication
  • MM said he had signed over the house to Michele before because he had cancer; said he was in a mess now because everything was in her name

Cross:

• at safety fair most of the day; observed someone else manning the medical services booth instead of MM; verified by reviewing pictures
  • Attended funeral; she knew Rachel (Rachel used to work at USDC)
  • Defense trying to impeach Rachel's testimony with this witness; judge - approach
  • At funeral, Rachel said Michele had been sick; missed Easter egg hunt

Re-direct:

• Doesn't remember what Rachel said (thinks it was sick from surgery)

No jury questions
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Cheryl Radmall, Michele moved into her neighborhood; they worked on relief society organization together

• really close friends with Michele
  • learned about Michele's death the day she died (from neighbors)
  • before Michele moved, they saw each other every week at church; after Michele moved, not so often; had talked 2-3 weeks before death; had lunch plans with Michele; Michele had canceled lunch because of Martin
  • Michele moved about 1.5-2 years before she died
  • interacted frequently enough to know about Michele's health; she was healthy
  • Michele was in great health; they discussed MM's health (he was diagnosed with MS)
  • she was shocked about death; she didn't know about surgery; a month before she was fine; she had high blood pressure; perfectly healthy
  • She called others in society about Michele's death; explaining about being ya-ya sisters (based on movie)
  • Went to MM's home the afternoon of death; 6-7 p.m.; observed MM; he showed them renovations; all the girls were there; Alexis was hysterical; Rachel was emotional; MM didn't talk about Michele; he didn't appear emotional
  • She spoke at funeral; he spoke about his childhood in NJ; didn't tell any stories about Michele; most of his talk was about himself

Loreen Thompson; worked with Michele through church org (one of the ya-ya sisters)

• close to Michele before she died; discussed health
  • No health issues; when friends came to the door, she thought something had happened to Martin (he told her he had MS)
  • When learned of death, went to MM's home
  • Observed strange feeling; MM was sitting in kitchen; very somber
  • Asked what she could do; he said he was doing his best; needed to pull it together for his children
  • MM took her to show her renovations "for Michele"; added on to living room
  • She attended funeral; she spoke
  • recalls MM as very different; first comment was something about he stood there looking at his wife who was in a pine box; only thing she remembers about him talking about her; the rest of his talk was about him and his family (she mentioned his family member's suicide; objection - sustained)
  • observed MM at luncheon afterwards; seemed pretty happy;  he didn't sound real sad

Cross:

• night of death; seemed sad, but no tears; very few words

Re-direct:

• When showing renovations, he said he had had them done; he didn't do the work

No jury questions
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Jury is not present

Defense objected to admission of application for identity change as not relevant; unfairly prejudicial (marriage date); discussed in bench conference; date they represented they were married is relevant to state's theory of motive; regarding rule 403 (probative vs. prejudice) - not pursuaded that the represented "marriage" date would inflame jury any more than other evidence; admission of application is allowed

Jury is now present

Lani Swallow; moved into MM's neighborhood; enrichment committee; part of church women's group

• knew Michele pretty well; Damian and her son bonded
  • She was called to help with some children's thing at church; knew Ada and 3 adopted daughters; taught them songs, etc.
  • Attended Michele's funeral; observed Martin; didn't see him cry; he didn't seem upset; didn't have any interaction with him until after funeral
  • After funeral, family went outside; loading casket into hearse; she greeted family; offered condolences; talked to Martin; her heart was broken; really cared about Michele and children
  • On the day of the funeral, asked Martin if she could help with girls if he needed a nanny (she had lost her job); told her he had already hired a nanny

Cross:

• Are you friends with Alexis; yes; and Facebook friends

Linda Cluff; Michele is Linda's older sister

• She's been in courtroom as victim's rep
  • Has seen MM lots over the course of 30 years
  • Close relationship with Michele
  • Saw her interact with her kids; extremely close with her kids; her life circled around her kids
  • Attended funeral and burial
  • Observed Martin before funeral; her family arrived early to help; he was unloading big containers of memorabilia about Michele (trophies, etc.)
  • Did not see him using a cane; watched him unload boxes; appeared fine; was running back and forth from church to vehicle; offered to help him; he refused and was extremely rude
  • Later saw him using a cane; was limping
  • Saw him using cane at graveside (first he wasn't, then he was)
  • He picked up Ada by the plot; not using cane at that time; handed cane to funeral director; Ada was upset; people were starting to come; saw his face looked worried/surprised
  • He set Ada down and picked up cane; limped over as people approached
  • Had walked around normally with Ada in his arms; no limp
  • When he picked up cane, he was limping again
  • Attended luncheon after service; family and friends were there
  • Observed Martin at luncheon; he was at a different table, but one that was really close
  • She heard him; he was smiling, joking around; disturbed because he was going to have to get used to living life as a bachelor; hanging out with buddies and golfing

Cross:

• Hardly anyone from her family was invited (just her husband, daughter, and younger son)
  • He didn't hide his walking without a cane from her
  • On some website (martinmacneill.info, I think), she listed several articles about MacNeill
  • Posted immediately after published (including links to NG, Deseret News, transcripts to NG, 20/20 Feb. 2011 episode)

Re-direct:

• The look on his face was a panicked look; beyond worried; when he realized others were approaching while he wasn't using the cane
  • He immediately grabbed the cane and began using it
  • She created the website for several reasons:  gather info if there were more victims out there that Martin had done stuff to others; defense objection - foundation; sustained
  • Another purpose was to gather info for Michele's murder investigation which was slowing down; she wanted to have more coverage; have info out there for other people; way to gather if others had more information surrounding the years that there was a gap of info (from USDC, or other avenues that might have been afraid to come forth)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:05 pm

Vickie Willis; Gypsy's mother

• lived in Cheyenne, Wyoming in 2007/8
  • has a hobby farm
  • photo of Gypsy Jillian Willis; her oldest daughter
  • Martin supposed "fiance" of Gypsy
  • first time she saw/met him was in the April 2007; they were traveling through
  • Showed her envelope that accompanied a painting MM had given her for mother's day
  • Showed her letter he wrote that was in the envelope; addressed to her; letter is signed "Martin"; letter and envelope received into evidence
  • May 7, 2007 is the date on the letter; thanked for hospitality when he met the family; with mother's day gift
  • Happy to receive it; kind gift
  • MM is impressive person; doctor/lawyer; they were pleased he was "joining the family"
  • visited 5-7 times; several days each time
  • Reading from letter
  • When she learned his wife had passed away, they were reticent to ask about his wife
  • She thought that Michele had passed in January, 2007; this was May
  • She found later from Gypsy that she died in April
  • It was clear that he was the dominant partner; Gypsy deferred to him; looked after him
  • Observed that she was careful in what she said
  • Did they appear to be in love - long pause!  Mutually respectful; at times affectionate with each other
  • She was told they were engaged; there was a big engagement party (Poor Richards in Cheyenne); July 5th; banquet room rented; MM paid for all of the plates
  • Observed during that party that they were both very, very happy; he made speech about his love for her; dropped to one knee and proposed; she said yes
  • Spoke to MM about Michele after engagement party
  • MM said he had never loved Michele; amended to say, "well, I did, but I loved her as a sister; not the way I love Gypsy"

Jury is not present

Media may not show Ada's interview, but may broadcast audio

Court in recess for 20 mins.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:37 pm

Jury is present

Prosecution is playing videotaped interview of Ada MacNeill; taped Sept. 9, 2008

• Interview took place at the Children's Justice Center; Ada was 7 at the time
  • Interview conducted by Patty, Police Officer with the Utah Bureau of Investigation
  • Ada and family slept in car for a while "last night", whatever night that was
  • Investigator is asking her questions about a dog that was at the house they were visiting
  • Patty's making her feel comfortable and safe; if you don't know the answer, say I don't know
  • questioned her about the difference between the truth and a lie
  • doesn't know why she's living with Alexis
  • remembers being 6 when she lived in Utah
  • Ada describes being sad when her cat died
  • Doesn't want to talk about her house in Utah; or who she lived with there
  • Sad things happened in that home
  • Feels safe living with Alexis
  • Doesn't want to talk about her dad or her mom
  • Talking about her mom makes her sad; she misses her
  • Can't remember her favorite Christmas present ever
  • Doesn't remember any Christmas' when she lived in Utah
  • Describes Michele as very pretty with long straight blond hair
  • Mom liked to spend time with us; Mom used to help her practice the violin; went to restaurants with her; remembers one family vacation on a cruise
  • Mom was nice and a happy person; never really saw her mom being sad; mom usually picked her up from school
  • Got home on April 11, called out "I'm home, Mom, I'm home", but didn't hear her mom
  • Dad told her that mom was sick; water was almost like brown; Dad told her to go next door and get someone; dad was screaming "help quick"
  • Went next door to get neighbor; she came over and started helping and she (Ada) stayed back
  • She was sad that day
  • She thinks they stopped at McDonalds (later)
  • Dad was trying to pull her mom out of the tub; told her to go for help
  • Found her mom pretty quickly; dad went to see if she was there; dad found her in the bathroom; she was wetting her hair; she was still in her clothes; a blue jacket and she was wearing some sort of pants; doesn't remember what color they were
  • She went into the bathroom; different color water; mom was laying down in the bathtub; she was dressed; he was screaming, "quick, help, go next door"
  • She think both the pants and jacket were blue
  • She (mom) had to wet her hair
  • She was "all the way" in the bathtub
  • Asked if she'd ever seen mom wet her hair before; I don't want to talk about it
  • Neighbor went to Ada's house and called 911
  • Dad kept saying to call emergency (not screaming)
  • Neighbor sent her to stay her neighbor's house
  • her mom was sick so she couldn't drive Ada to school that morning
  • Someone took the kids to McDonalds later
  • Said something about her mom and medicines; couldn't hear
  • Mom and dad were nice to each other; doesn't know if she ever heard them fighting
  • When asked if she missed her dad, she said she didn't want to talk about it
  • Doesn't want to talk about how she feels about her dad or how she feels when she's around him

No cross of Ada

Jury is not present

State:  Prosecutor discussed toxicology report yesterday with technician; asked about the symbol in front of promethazine (tilda ~);  thought it meant approx. 0.1 concentration; not the case. When they tried to quantify it, it came in under the detection limit (0.1), and therefore they don't know what the concentration level was.  Info being relayed to others so they understand it correctly.  Won't call witnesses regarding this until Thursday until they find out if Dawson, who has already testified, would change his testimony based on this new understanding.

Court in recess for the day; court resumes tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Utah Doctor Trial: Mistress Shares Marriage Shocker in Testimony

10/29/2013 at 04:20 PM EDT

Snipped:
-----
Martin MacNeill not only moved his mistress, Gypsy Willis, into his Pleasant Grove, Utah, family home a little over a week after his wife's mysterious April 2007 death – but he also proposed marriage to her within three months, Willis testified Tuesday.

In her second day on the stand in MacNeill's first-degree murder trial, Willis, 37, whose affair began with him in November 2006 after they met online, calmly admitted to sending suggestive photos of herself to MacNeill, 57, the day after his wife's funeral.

In the coming days, a second mistress, Anna Osborne, is expected to testify about MacNeill's alleged confessions of having murdered other people.
-----

Read more:  http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20750351,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Several of us have been wondering in Chat why the judge sometimes forgets to ask the jury if they have any questions of a given witness.  I was exploring this to see if this maybe was a recent change to Utah law.  Although I couldn't find anything on when this practice was first allowed in Utah, I did find this:

Utah Rules of Criminal Procedure, Rule 17 The Trial

(i) Questions by jurors. A judge may invite jurors to submit written questions to a witness as provided in this section.

(BBM)

Source:  https://www.ajs.org/judicial-administration/jury-center/jury-system-overview/jury-improvement-efforts/improving-trials/juror-questions-witnesses/juror-questions-statutes/

So, maybe this judge doesn't usually allow it, but is allowing it for this case; maybe that's why he appears to need to be reminded.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:24 pm

At the conclusion of her testimony, Willis stated to the defense on examination re her duties as a nanny, she was also enrolled in school for her nurses' training. I am VERY curious as to HOW many classes she was taking, her grades, her attendance, and her class interaction.
IMO, she was probably more interested in her current "upward mobility" with the move to Michele's home, engagement to MM, etc., and LESS focused upon actually obtaining a nursing certificate or degree.

There would be a lot of change and turmoil at this time.
Willis would have been hard put to have been a serious student.
Why remain a serious student when she just hit the major jackpot by moving in with MM?

IMO, the school was all for show.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Freckles wrote:At the conclusion of her testimony, Willis stated to the defense on examination re her duties as a nanny, she was also enrolled in school for her nurses' training. I am VERY curious as to HOW many classes she was taking, her grades, her attendance, and her class interaction.
IMO, she was probably more interested in her current "upward mobility" with the move to Michele's home, engagement to MM, etc., and LESS focused upon actually obtaining a nursing certificate or degree.

There would be a lot of change and turmoil at this time.
Willis would have been hard put to have been a serious student.
Why remain a serious student when she just hit the major jackpot by moving in with MM?  

IMO, the school was all for show.

I agree, Freckles. And with MM being experienced with faking transcripts and whatever, she wouldn't have had to work hard at all to fake her own education and degree. No need to work at it at all.

I don't believe a word she said about things she supposedly did for the kids. She was already "in"; no need to fake being a nanny anymore, and she seems way too much the opportunist for me to believe she would do anything for anyone but MM and herself. If anything, those kids were in her way; she wasn't about to take care of them. Just sayin'...

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:30 pm

I would like to know what happened to her own child.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:38 pm

ishi wrote:I would like to know what happened to her own child.
Yes, I wondered re this.
I wonder if her family raised her child.

BTW, never, ever give a name to a child which could lead the child astray:
Gypsy is one such name! (I once knew a person named Jessie James and he had a juvi record followed by an adult record. Thot nothing of ignoring the laws.)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Published on Oct 29, 2013

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 7 - Part 1 (Gypsy Willis)

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 7 - Part 2

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 7 - Part 3 (Ada Interview)

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Gypsy's father on HLN:

"Gypsy had a tendency to be overly obsessive with her relationships."

"At least that's what I saw in the past' (before McNeill).
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:27 am

Listening to the testimony of Vicky Willis, the mother of Gypsy Willis.
She is reading a letter written to her/dated May 7, 2007, by MM who was thanking her for her hospitality on his first meeting with her. In the letter, MM heaps praising comments on Gypsy.

This is less than a month after the death and funeral of his wife...
Gypsy said they were in a casual relationship? lol! Shocked 
Someone has either had too much to drink drunken is delusional, or is trying to pitch a snowball fight using hand grenades. I ain't buying the snow job.

Last part of this link to vid:
@3:00
Morning session:
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/4903803/events/2296584
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:17 am

It was a very interesting day in the MacNeill trial, I was unable to watch it, I was too busy today.

A big thank you to CP for the awesome notes!

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:04 am

I am listening to the PD officer question Ada.
Terrible interviewer, IMO.
First, she talks down to the child, then she promises the child the interview will be "fun", and then she leads the witness with some of the questions. (Making comments such as it is good to fall asleep in a car because traveling in a car can be so tiring. The interviewer lacks the knowledge of why the child fell asleep in the car. Could be the child felt lonely, does not travel well,was bored,  had been up for along time, was hungry, etc.. Variety of reasons but the interviewer just assumed.) She sounds fake and a child would see thru that. When she asked Ada if she had breakfast and Ada said she did, the officer immediately gushed and praised her for eating... she did NOT ask the child WHAT she had to eat and should have because it would have helped the child to relax, indicated the asker really cared, and would have given info as to whether the child could be hungry. In fact, asking Ada IF she was hungry or thirsty would have been of value, IMO, and helped to put the child at ease.

Kids do not like to be baby-talked or have others assume for them.

Ada is told she is being "brave" for talking with the officer.
That is planting ideas, IMO.
Why would it be brave for Ada to speak honestly with an officer?

Ada mentions her cat, Rosie, dying in Utah. Three days after her mother died? If so, that is a lot of grief in her finding her mother, her mother dead, the funeral, the cat being found dead, moving, Gypsy moving in, her moving with Alexis, etc.. Too much for anyone yet alone a young child to try to process...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:37 am

Thinking of Martin.
It was not enough for him to be admired, loved unconditionally, and catered to by a large household of children and his wife. That was too easy for him. He had to destroy all that was gifted to him and the individuals who trusted him, who loved him. It had no value compared to the cheap thrills of the affairs. A real man would have taken his own life rather than destroyed the innocents who cared for him.

I have a hard time believing how many people he conned, how many people he emotionally and physically controlled. I can't accept his being an elder in the church and later a bishop. He is lower than a slinky snake hiding in the grass waiting for his next innocent victim to happen past.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:06 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Prosecutors say PG doctor murdered his wife

August 25, 2012 12:30 am  •  Jim Dalrymple - Daily Herald

PROVO -- On April 11, 2007, 6-year-old Ada MacNeill walked into a bathroom and found her mother Michele dead in a tub of reddish-brown water. Nearly five and a half years later, prosecutors charged Ada's father Martin with murder for the incident.

~Snipped~

According to documents filed Friday in Provo's 4th District court, the charges stem from allegations that MacNeill killed his wife shortly after she had plastic surgery. The procedure took place just a week before Michele died, and MacNeill reportedly "used the surgery and recovery period to obtain the necessary drugs and set in motion the circumstances to intentionally or knowingly cause Michele's death."

A nearly 60-page affidavit goes into even greater detail, suggesting that MacNeill was a serial liar with homicidal tendencies years before his wife died. The affidavit begins in 2006, when MacNeill allegedly had an affair with Anna Osborne. During the affair, MacNeill reportedly told Osborne that he previously killed his own brother, as well as some of his patients. Osborne also claimed that MacNeill had tried to kill his mother and that he wanted to kill his daughter Vanessa.

"On Jan. 22, 2006, Anna Osborne informed her psychiatrist she was having an affair with a serial killer," the documents state.

Read more:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/prosecutors-say-pg-doctor-murdered-his-wife/article_321b2312-f05d-54c0-8290-d91bcec4a72b.html
BUMPING THIS FROM PAGE ONE.
I felt this was a good time to review the info contained in this posting and the link.
I was not aware of Anna Osborne before tonight.
BBM
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:11 am

From prior link shared by AD:
Aug 26, 2012

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/prosecutors-say-pg-doctor-murdered-his-wife/article_321b2312-f05d-54c0-8290-d91bcec4a72b.html

" ...By 2007, MacNeill's behavior aroused his family's suspicions. In one section of the affidavit, investigators describe an exchange he had with his daughter Alexis Somers in Henderson, Nev. MacNeill reportedly was headed to Arizona but stopped by Somers's home to switch cars with her. While he was inside, the documents state, Somers opened his trunk and found a woman's suitcase filled with makeup and female clothing.

MacNeill later angrily denied that he was having an affair, though Somers and Michele continued to find an array of evidence that MacNeill was seeing another woman.

The documents ultimately state that at the time MacNeill was having an affair with Gypsy Willis. The affair is cited as a possible motive for the murder, and MacNeill's attempts to hide the relationship, as well as the support he provided for Willis, are detailed at length in the affidavit.

According to the affidavit, Michele's surgery first came up in February 2007 when MacNeill mentioned it to Willis. The affidavit adds that Willis may even have known about the surgery before Michele herself.

MacNeill reportedly suggested that Michele get a face lift and found her a doctor in March 2007. During the same time period Michele and Somers were becoming increasingly aware of MacNeill's affair, though MacNeill and Michele underwent a religious sealing ceremony with their adopted daughters in an LDS temple that same month. ..."

" ...The affidavit ultimately argues that MacNeill fell out of love with his wife years before her death. The consequences of divorce "were not a viable option" for MacNeill, the documents argue, so he decided to murder his wife.

"This investigation shows Martin MacNeill led a life filled with contradictions, deception and manipulation," investigator Jeff Robinson writes. "I believe it was his intention to rid himself of his family and wife, and that he (Martin) set into action a series of events leading to Michele's death."

Later, MacNeill and Willis also both were convicted of fraud and identity theft. They both served time behind bars, and MacNeill was just released in July from federal prison. ..."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:18 am

From earlier post and link shared by AD:

" ...The affidavit begins in 2006, when MacNeill allegedly had an affair with Anna Osborne. During the affair, MacNeill reportedly told Osborne that he previously killed his own brother, as well as some of his patients. Osborne also claimed that MacNeill had tried to kill his mother and that he wanted to kill his daughter Vanessa.

"On Jan. 22, 2006, Anna Osborne informed her psychiatrist she was having an affair with a serial killer," the documents state.

The affidavit states that in 2006 MacNeill also began telling his family that he was dying. He claimed to have cancer, and later multiple sclerosis, and began rearranging his assets. He mentioned his supposedly fatal diagnoses to his family, neighbors and church congregation, the documents state, even though he knew he didn't have those diseases. ..."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:35 am

Freckles wrote:Whoa...
From above link:

" ... The woman claimed he also told her he'd killed his brother, Roy MacNeill, who "had repeatedly attempted suicide for attention, and had become an 'embarrassment.' He claimed he found his brother in the tub and that both of his wrists were bleeding in an apparent suicide attempt. Martin told (the woman) that he pushed the head of his brother under the water and drowned him," the affidavit states.

The Utah County Attorney's Office confirmed Roy MacNeill was found dead in the family home when the family lived in New Jersey.

However, at his wife's funeral, Martin said his mother found Roy deceased with a needle still in his arm. "Ten nickel bags were his ticket out," Martin said during the funeral.

He also told those at the church service that his oldest brother "drank himself senseless," had a stroke at age 50 and died 20 years later in a nursing home. Another brother died in 2006, but his body was ravaged from years of booze and heroin, he said. Another brother took his own life just two months before Michele died. A sister died in her early 20s after strangling herself.

His only living sibling, a sister, declined requests to be interviewed.

"MacNeill has a whole history of people dying around him," Witney said....."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700088382/Martin-MacNeill-Was-his-wife-Micheles-death-accidental-or-was-it-murder.html?pg=all
I am bumping this and numbering the number of people MM may have killed. The comments by Anna Osborne alarm me.

Here are the ones:
1. Son Damian reported suicide Jan 16, 2010
2. Michele MacNeil, wife, April 11, 2007
3. " ...Another brother took his own life just two months before Michele died...." February 2007
4. " ... Another brother died in 2006..." 2006
5. " ...sister died in her early 20s after strangling herself ..."
6. "...his oldest brother "drank himself senseless," had a stroke ... "

Was this a dry run?
Not sure which of the above was Roy MacNeil but, "...He claimed he found his brother in the tub and that both of his wrists were bleeding in an apparent suicide attempt. Martin told (the woman) that he pushed the head of his brother under the water and drowned him," the affidavit states...."

And, according to the post above this one, Anna Osborne claims to have told her personal counselor
Martin MacNeil wanted to kill his mother)or had attempted to) and his dau, Vanessa.

Last edited by Freckles on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:40 am

Obit notice for Michele
April 13, 2007

http://www.heraldextra.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituaries/michele-marie-macneill/article_9cb0feec-34e0-54dc-a2d1-99e0885ae933.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:45 am

Pleasant Grove doctor charged with sex abuse

" ... October 04, 2007 11:00 pm •
Jeremy Duda - DAILY HERALD

The former clinical director at the Utah State Developmental Center in American Fork has been charged with sexual abuse.

Martin Joseph MacNeill, 51, of Pleasant Grove, was arrested Tuesday and booked into the Utah County Jail on one count of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony, and witness tampering, a third-degree felony. Pleasant Grove police arrested MacNeill without incident after a woman reported that he had put his hands inside her pants and later asked her to sign and notarize an affidavit stating the he had not inappropriately touched her, according to court documents.

"This guy definitely is a piece of work. There's some problems with him, and we're going to prosecute him for everything we can prove," said Pleasant Grove police spokesman Capt. Cody Cullimore.

Cullimore said MacNeill refused to speak with police about the charges and requested an attorney. Neither MacNeill nor his attorney could be reached for comment.

Police do not believe there are other victims in the case, Cullimore said.

MacNeill was the clinical director at the Utah State Developmental Center, where he worked from October 2000 until Sept. 21 of this year, when he was fired. ..."

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/pleasant-grove-doctor-charged-with-sex-abuse/article_c4e899fd-922c-55d2-b5bb-a02e3db45d16.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:47 am

From link and post shared by AD in 2012:

" ....A nearly 60-page affidavit goes into even greater detail, suggesting that MacNeill was a serial liar with homicidal tendencies years before his wife died. The affidavit begins in 2006, when MacNeill allegedly had an affair with Anna Osborne. During the affair, MacNeill reportedly told Osborne that he previously killed his own brother, as well as some of his patients. Osborne also claimed that MacNeill had tried to kill his mother and that he wanted to kill his daughter Vanessa.

"On Jan. 22, 2006, Anna Osborne informed her psychiatrist she was having an affair with a serial killer," the documents state. ..."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next