Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder

+12
hello clarice
colsnipe
tesstruhart
Ann - Tx
Gizmo711
Weeziethm
olivier57
Nan11
ishi
One Wonders
Alessandra_Deux
Justice4all
16 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 8 Empty Re: Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder

Post by Freckles Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:43 pm

1990: Martin graduates from BYU law school
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865590296/Martin-MacNeill-timeline.html

I have speculated on how Spencer came to represent MM.

Was it because Spencer wanted to be in the first televised trial in Utah which probably would be used in law schools for training purposes?

I understand Spencer accepted the case pro bono. Why would a man with impressive credentials accept this case?

Did Spencer know MM from law school classes?
(If I recall correctly, Spencer graduated from law school early 1990's...)
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 8 Empty Re: Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder

Post by Freckles Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Question for the legal experts:
IF Gypsy had not committed fraud re her name (and using SSN belonging to another) COULD she have claimed the "inheritance" under her real name without retribution?

I am asking if she was denied the ownership of said property because it was proven she was not who she said she was?
Had the property been transferred to her under her legal name would the property have successfully transferred?
(Was it the last deceit, the "icing on the cake" with the fraud that brought her down?)

• June 2007: Police are called as Martin kicks out daughters Rachel and Alexis from home after they said they asked why Willis didn’t cook, clean or take care of the children

• Sometime in 2007: Martin changes his will to give just $1 to each of his children with everything else to go to Willis under her false identity, according to investigators wrote:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865590296/Martin-MacNeill-timeline.html?pg=2
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:03 pm

When was MM actually taken into custody to begin his sentence?
I find the death of Damian (by drugs) rather odd.
With MM raging at everyone and lashing out with the "death penalty" via his own actions, I feel Damian's death needs more exploration.
(Was MM nagging on him trying to blame him or coerce Damian?)
Did MM have time delay for reporting to prison?
Was Willis in contact with Damian?

• January 2009: Willis indicted on 11 similar charges

• August 2009: Martin sentenced to four years in prison

• September 2009: Martin pleads guilty to state forgery and fraud charges and is sentenced to three years in jail; sentence to run concurrent with federal case

• December 2009: Willis is charged in state court with fraud and other charges; she is later sentenced to three years’ probation and agrees to testify against Martin in deal with prosecutors

• Jan. 16, 2010: Martin’s only son, Damian, commits suicide by overdosing on prescription drugs

• March 2011: Willis is released from federal prison and returns to Utah
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Damian was the only one (of the kids) who sided with his father. Martin was serving the sentence for fraud in a federal prison when Damian died.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:12 pm

Freckles wrote:Question for the legal experts:
IF Gypsy had not committed fraud re her name (and using SSN belonging to another) COULD she have claimed the "inheritance" under her real name without retribution?

I am asking if she was denied the ownership of said property because it was proven she was not who she said she was?
Had the property been transferred to her under her legal name would the property have successfully transferred?
(Was it the last deceit, the "icing on the cake" with the fraud that brought her down?)

Wouldn't it be a kick in the pants if Giselle were to be able to claim what was left in her name even if it wasn't meant for her??? The one he so hurriedly sent back to the Ukraine...I'd laugh my but off over that one.
I sure would also like to listen to what the girls have to say now that the trial is over. Like do they suspect MM in the death of their brother? Why they have never, even to this day from my understanding that they have nothing to do with Giselle? And most of all I want to hear from Ada. I want to know what she thought of how she was portrayed as a know nothing cuz she was just 6 years old when this happened. I want her to tell everyone that remembers everything from that day like it happened yesterday cuz I think she does. Not that it matters that she didn't testify since he was convicted anyway, I just want people to know that kids aren't stupid. I was 8 years old when my cousin was murdered and although I wasn't told that that night I remember more then I'd like to remember from that night and the day to come after that night. Kids aren't stupid. They listen and they see and they do have opinions. They may not know what to do about their opinions but they don't forget tragic events.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:17 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Damian was the only one (of the kids) who sided with his father.
Yes, I understand that. But as someone else said above, it is possible that he learned different and couldn't handle it or his Dad made sure he wasn't going to be able to speak against him. It's probably something no one will ever know but gosh it sure makes you wonder or at least it does me anyway.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Freckles wrote:When was MM actually taken into custody to begin his sentence?
I find the death of Damian (by drugs) rather odd.
With MM raging at everyone and lashing out with the "death penalty" via his own actions, I feel Damian's death needs more exploration.
(Was MM nagging on him trying to blame him or coerce Damian?)
Did MM have time delay for reporting to prison?
Was Willis in contact with Damian?

• January 2009: Willis indicted on 11 similar charges

• August 2009: Martin sentenced to four years in prison

• September 2009: Martin pleads guilty to state forgery and fraud charges and is sentenced to three years in jail; sentence to run concurrent with federal case

• December 2009: Willis is charged in state court with fraud and other charges; she is later sentenced to three years’ probation and agrees to testify against Martin in deal with prosecutors

• Jan. 16, 2010: Martin’s only son, Damian, commits suicide by overdosing on prescription drugs

• March 2011: Willis is released from federal prison and returns to Utah
Oh. Well, I guess that kicks my theory right into trash. Sorry guys.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Got it! MM tried to tell others he had incurable whatever for two reasons: Garner sympathy (attention thriving and people would be hesitant to question, accuse him), and establish MM was NOT interested in financial gain from Michele's death. (He was transferring all his interest in the property to give evidence of "clean hands" knowing it would all come back to him clean in title. ) Then, to protect the property from his children or law suits, he had Gypsy change name, etc., in an attempt to give to his "wife" the property offering additional shelter...

I am curious as to whether he has to atone for some of this financial mess by giving it all to the kids?

Prosecutors said MacNeill contrived a medical condition in the weeks leading up to his wife's death, telling many around him he was dying of cancer or multiple sclerosis to absolve him of any motive in the death. He also made use of a cane and could be seen limping at times. wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2493673/Mormon-doctor-accused-killing-wife-continue-affair-mistress-dripping-motive-prosecutors-claim-closing-arguments.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:47 pm

I think all of them need psychological counseling. They have been trough a very sad and dramatic experience; they lost their mother, then, they lost their brother, and their father was convicted for killing their mother. This is the kind of stuff that real nightmares are made of, I feel terribly bad for all of them. I hope they can move on with their lives and can find peace within themselves.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:25 pm

AD-
The family has been thru hell... The two older girls have substance abuse which might be related or aggravated by the the hell their "esteemed" father put them thru; Ada certainly needs a strong supportive environment; while Alexis and Sabrina appear to be strong, well, even the strong need a break... What of Elle and Giselle? Estranged?

Everyone of these "children" needs to be loving and kind and together with the others as the common denominator is the immense emotional stress and pain they have each separately endured. All because one man needed to act out fraudulently and greedily for attention and finally just could not keep it in his pants.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Freckles, I wholeheartedly agree with you.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:15 am

Thanks to RC chatters for those great insights and information, I enjoyed much following this trial with you all and will be there for a next one, hoping it to come soon but not too soon because I have big backlogs now !
Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 8 803492 ...

olivier57

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:19 am

olivier57 wrote:Thanks to RC chatters for those great insights and information, I enjoyed much following this trial with you all and will be there for a next one, hoping it to come soon but not too soon because I have big backlogs now !
Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 8 803492 ...

Huge kudos from me as well for everyone who posted links, articles, trial day testimonies, and of course commentary.  Much to my chagrin, I was unable to follow this trial as closely as I wanted to, but am delighted that this psychopath got what he deserved.  He is an extremely dangerous man who caused destruction for anyone blocking his desires and Alexis is right when she says he won't be able to do that any longer.

Prayers for the siblings that they continue to be surrounded by love and support.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:39 am

Alexis MacNeill on Guilty Verdict: 'Such a Relief'

01:59 | 11/11/2013

Source:  http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/martin-macneill-guilty-alexis-macneill-verdict-relief-20849646
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:51 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Alexis MacNeill on Guilty Verdict: 'Such a Relief'

01:59 | 11/11/2013

Source:  http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/martin-macneill-guilty-alexis-macneill-verdict-relief-20849646

They have some errors in their reporting.
1.Alexis does NOT go by the name MacNeill. She changed her name to Somers, her mother's maiden name, prior to marrying.
2. Alexis is NOT the eldest daughter. She is the third bio child of Michele and Martin MacNeil.

At the end of the clip, Alexis may be seen holding one of her twin babies.
(A news' report I had read stated the babies were only TWO DAYS old first time she took the stand. )
Each of the babies is swaddled. One baby is wrapped in blue while the other is wrapped in pink.
I am guessing she had a boy and a girl...

Yesterday is gone. It is time for the family to come together to create new and better memories.
Michele, their mother, would rejoice in knowing she had given empowerment to her daughters.
Empowerment to enjoy life, to choose what memories to make and to keep...
Here is to their tomorrow! Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 8 904296
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Guilty as charged – a long time coming…

Posted in The MacNeill Story on November 10th, 2013

This article is written by Michele's sister:

Snipped:
-----
Afterward a courtroom down the hall was opened up for us to all to convene.  We all clapped and cheered for the investigators and prosecution as they walked in.  They asked if we would like to meet the jurors and of course we said yes.  It was a very special moment as the the jurors walked in and we were again clapping and cheering.  Those 8 individuals saw the impact it had on all of us and how happy we were with their decision and thus finally giving Michele the justice she has deserved.  We had the opportunity to talk to them and personally thank them all.  Amazing.
-----

Read more:  http://martinmacneill.info/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Legal community mixed after Martin MacNeill convicted

50 minutes ago

Snipped:
-----
SALT LAKE CITY — The legal community's reaction to a Utah doctor's murder conviction was mixed Monday, with some attorneys calling the verdict "disturbing" and others saying the jury did its job.

A jury on Saturday found Martin MacNeill guilty of killing his wife in a bathtub, though medical examiners were unable to rule the 2007 death a homicide and prosecutors built a case largely on circumstantial evidence.

"This verdict is disturbing because at no point in the state's case was anyone able to say, 'This woman was murdered,'" said Neal Hamilton, the head of the Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. "A jury convicted a man of murder because of pure speculation."

...Once the jury decided Michele MacNeill's death wasn't accidental or natural, "the only question was: Who did it?" said Paul Cassell, a University of Utah law professor and former federal judge. "The jury can always ask the obvious question, 'If not him, who?' And if there's no answer to that, it may be a quick verdict."
-----

Read more:  http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/legal-community-mixed-after-martin-macneill-convicted/article_9640cdce-4b39-11e3-b41e-001a4bcf887a.html

------------------------

Convicted because of "pure speculation"?  Seriously?  There was no evidence of accident; natural causes was overruled with drug toxicity and drowning, and suicide was stipulated to as not being the cause of death, which leaves...homicide!  Maybe Mr. Hamilton should go back to law school so he understands what circumstantial evidence is.  Apparently he missed all the evidence that pointed at, and only at, MacNeill.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:02 am

'The person I knew as my father does not exist': Daughters of the Mormon doctor convicted of murdering his wife speak out about their relief over the guilty verdict

PUBLISHED: 18:47 EST, 11 November 2013 | UPDATED: 23:32 EST, 11 November 2013

Snipped:
-----
The daughters of Martin MacNeill, the Morman doctor who has been found guilty of killing his wife in their family bathtub, have now opened up at their relief over the guilty verdict.

'We'd been living in fear of our father for so long. He'd threatened to destroy us for standing up to him. To finally get justice for our mom was overwhelming,' Alexis Somers said following the sentence that was handed down in a Provo, Utah courtroom over the weekend.

...'The person I knew as my father does not exist. This is a person I once loved, and who I wanted to be proud of me. But we uncovered who our dad really is: a murderer,' Somers told People Magazine.

'To now be responsible for him having to spend the rest of his life behind bars, it's overwhelming to think about. But he's an evil man who's capable of doing so much damage.'

That damage also relates to his daughters, as he still faces charges of sexually assaulting Somers, who is now 31, in the months following her mother's death.

...'We now have a sense of relief and peace. For the first time in six years, we can finally breathe. And now finally our mother can be at peace as well,' Somers told the magazine.
-----
(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2501720/Martin-MacNeills-daughters-speak-Mormon-fathers-guilty-sentence.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:09 am

Martin MacNeill's Mistress 'Shocked' by Guilty Verdict

2 hours ago

Snipped:
-----
The former mistress of Dr. Martin MacNeill, the Utah doctor who was found guilty of drugging and drowning his wife so he could allegedly continue their affair, told ABC News in an exclusive interview that she was "shocked" by the verdict and still believes MacNeill is innocent.

...Willis said she was never suspicious of MacNeill, and to this day, doesn't believe he killed his wife.

...She said MacNeill was distraught after his wife's death, and after she offered to help, he asked her to move into the family's home as the nanny about a week or two after his wife's funeral. Willis said she refused at first, but then eventually agreed.

..."I was more selfish back then, and truthfully, I was living my life for me," she said. "I did not have any intention of impacting their lives. I never thought I would be associated with Martin long term. And I'm sorry for it."
-----

Read more:  http://news.yahoo.com/martin-macneills-mistress-shocked-guilty-verdict-033239193--abc-news-topstories.html

--------------------

This is the most BS I think I've ever seen in one article.  She's still lying.  Oh, and read the comments below the article.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by colsnipe Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:56 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Martin MacNeill's Mistress 'Shocked' by Guilty Verdict

2 hours ago

Snipped:
-----
The former mistress of Dr. Martin MacNeill, the Utah doctor who was found guilty of drugging and drowning his wife so he could allegedly continue their affair, told ABC News in an exclusive interview that she was "shocked" by the verdict and still believes MacNeill is innocent.

...Willis said she was never suspicious of MacNeill, and to this day, doesn't believe he killed his wife.

...She said MacNeill was distraught after his wife's death, and after she offered to help, he asked her to move into the family's home as the nanny about a week or two after his wife's funeral. Willis said she refused at first, but then eventually agreed.

..."I was more selfish back then, and truthfully, I was living my life for me," she said. "I did not have any intention of impacting their lives. I never thought I would be associated with Martin long term. And I'm sorry for it."
-----

Read more:  http://news.yahoo.com/martin-macneills-mistress-shocked-guilty-verdict-033239193--abc-news-topstories.html

--------------------

This is the most BS I think I've ever seen in one article.  She's still lying.  Oh, and read the comments below the article.
another link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2501720/Martin-MacNeills-daughters-speak-Mormon-fathers-guilty-sentence.html

from home page...
DailyMail.co.uk wrote:'It was a huge mistake, I'm so sorry': Mistress of Mormon doctor admits she was wrong to move in a WEEK after he killed his wife by drowning her in the bathtub
colsnipe
colsnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by hello clarice Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:13 pm

I thought I heard/read somewhere that one of the older daughters adopted Giselle. Can anyone confirm that?
Wishing all the girls peace and happiness in the future. They have a long hard road ahead but they are strong!! My prayers go out to them.
Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 8 541830
hello clarice
hello clarice

Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:12 pm

MacNeill murder trial exhibits released

Published 11/12/2013 07:26 PM
Updated 11/12/2013 08:46 PM

PROVO, Utah (ABC 4 Utah) – For the first time the exhibits presented during the Martin MacNeill murder trial have been made public. More than 60 emails, photos, diagrams along with the 911 tapes and Michele MacNeill’s autopsy and toxicology reports have been released.

One of the more interesting exhibits is a drawing that was done by Ada MacNeill, the youngest MacNeill child. Ada MacNeill was the first to find her mother in the tub April 11th, 2007.

In the drawing she depicts Michele lying completely in the tub with her head by the faucet. She writes that her hair was going into the drain, her head was out of the water and her eyes were open.

One of the most disputed facts during the trial had to do with what Michele was wearing. Ada was the only person to describe her mother as being fully clothed. She also describes the water as being all red.

Reads more:

http://www.4utah.com/story/macneill-murder-trial-exhibits-released/d/story/r_3Dp_77D0u_zAkQRwFf1w
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Martin MacNeill Trial Evidence

Published 11/12/2013 07:26 PM
Updated 11/12/2013 08:46 PM

Michele MacNeill's Toxicology Report (198.4 KB)

http://www.4utah.com/media/lib/5/3/1/a/31a8523a-0cbe-4aaf-8e87-da4b1ac8ae70/Exhibit_33.pdf

Michele MacNeill's Autopsy Report (1.1 MB)

http://www.4utah.com/media/lib/5/4/b/6/4b615765-2f43-4917-b8ac-52c45898146b/Exhibit_49.pdf

Diagram drawn by Ada of Michele in tub (35.4 KB)

http://www.4utah.com/media/lib/5/c/7/d/c7dc5e68-c0f9-478e-8747-7e7a976500d1/Exhibit_N.pdf

PHOTO: Bathtub in MacNeill home (220.1 KB)

http://www.4utah.com/media/lib/5/d/f/1/df1f375f-10cf-403c-8c36-6c0ae1e10094/Exhibit_16.pdf

Feb. 1 email between Utah County Attorney's Office investigators (55.6 KB)

http://www.4utah.com/media/lib/5/3/0/1/301a6b8c-f77e-4e8e-9617-6f4b8ce26852/Exhibit_O.pdf

http://www.4utah.com/story/martin-macneill-trial-evidence/d/story/Q_qUUeP90UOsu3GeXdLIkg
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:06 am

From link shared by AD baove:
http://www.4utah.com/media/lib/5/3/0/1/301a6b8c-f77e-4e8e-9617-6f4b8ce26852/Exhibit_O.pdf

Phone call at 11:32:
"... a warning to Gypsy to begin letting the water out of the bathtub..."

and that puts Gypsy at the house, in the bathroom, and participating in a murder....
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:18 am

hello clarice wrote:I thought I heard/read somewhere that one of the older daughters adopted Giselle. Can anyone confirm that?
Wishing all the girls peace and happiness in the future. They have a long hard road ahead but they are strong!! My prayers go out to them.
Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 8 541830
Good question. Michele's sister, Linda, is the primary person with continuity.
She did go to Europe to bring Giselle home.
Giselle was residing with Aunt Linda and Linda's family.
I dunno if a second adoption was done and even desired by Giselle.

By virtue of the adoption of Giselle, would she not have her American citizenship?
Perhaps that is enough for her.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:22 pm

Evidence in Martin MacNeill trial released by court officials

By jessica miller | The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published 3 hours ago • Updated 2 hours ago

Provo • Evidence introduced during Martin MacNeill’s four-week murder trial was made available to the media this week by court officials.

Over 13 days of testimony, prosecutors and defense attorneys submitted 66 exhibits for jurors to review. Among those exhibits were:

• Photos of the bathtub where the defendant’s wife, Michele MacNeill, was found unconscious on April 11, 2007.

• A drawing by Ada MacNeill, who was 6 years old when she discovered her mother in the bathtub. The drawing shows how the young girl remembers seeing her mom on the day of her death.

• A number of medical reports for Michele MacNeill, including a toxiciology report and the original and amended autopsy reports.

• Emails exchanged between investigators and Martin MacNeill’s daughters, Rachel MacNeill and Alexis Somers, who voiced their beliefs that their father killed their mother.

• The military ID application that Martin MacNeill submitted for Gypsy Willis, where he lists the couple’s wedding date as April 14, 2007 — the same day as Michele MacNeill’s funeral.

Read more:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57125130-78/macneill-font-martin-scribd.html.csp

Martin MacNeill trial Collection (18)

by The Salt Lake Tribune

http://www.scribd.com/collections/4385567/Martin-MacNeill-trial
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Dateline NBC: Remembering Michele MacNeill

Wednesdays at 10pm/9c
Fridays at 8pm/7c

Sneak Peek: Secrets in Pleasant Grove
Watch a sneak peek of tonight's Dateline report about the MacNeill trial, 'Secrets in Pleasant Grove.' Keith Morrison reports at 10/9c.

Keith Morrison discusses the MacNeill trial
Keith Morrison shares his thoughts about the MacNeill trial. Dateline covers the case Wednesday at 10/9c

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3032600/vp/53548123#/53548120
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:34 am

Jurors open up about their decision in MacNeill murder trial

Posted on: 9:28 pm, November 13, 2013, by Ben Winslow - FOX13

PROVO, Utah — Several people who served on the jury for the murder trial of Martin MacNeill, a Utah doctor accused of murdering his wife to continue an affair with another woman, spoke Wednesday, and it was the first time they discussed the verdict with the public.

Read more and view videos:

http://fox13now.com/2013/11/13/jurors-open-up-about-their-decision-in-macneill-murder-trial/
FOX13 - Salt Lake City, UT 11/13/13

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:23 am

Jurors speak of experience with MacNeill case

By Sam Penrod and Brian West

Updated - November 13th, 2013 @ 10:46pm

~Snipped~

"It was a tough process at first," said jury foreperson, Steve. "A lot of the information was circumstantial."

Steve said the number of prescription pills MacNeill gave Michele after her facelift was suspicious.

"On April 5, the morning of April 5, and then the morning of Michele's death — that really stood out," Steve said.

"It just seemed like, ‘Oh good, she's gone. I can move on with my mistress now,' " said jury member Jenna.

Read more:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=27623235&nid=148
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:34 am

Jury: Martin MacNeill's 'heartless' nature, circumstantial evidence added up to murder

By Jennifer Dobner, For the Deseret News
Published: Wednesday, Nov. 13 2013 10:15 p.m. MST
Updated: 45 minutes ago

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 8 1251026
Jurors Jenna, Steve, Kitty and Randy from the Martin MacNeill murder trial talk Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013, about how they came to a guilty verdict. Scott G Winterton, Deseret News

PROVO — For one juror, it came down to three questions: Did Martin MacNeill have the motive, opportunity and capability to kill his wife Michele?

Getting to the answers — yes, yes and yes — took the five men and three women who decided MacNeill’s fate some 11 hours of deliberation, the careful consideration of a mountain of circumstantial evidence and four weeks of witness testimony, some of which the panel deemed wasn’t too credible, according to a handful of jurors who spoke Wednesday to the Deseret News.

Read more:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865590546/Jury-Martin-MacNeills-heartless-nature-circumstantial-evidence-added-up-to-murder.html

Skideshow:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865590546/Jury-Martin-MacNeills-heartless-nature-circumstantial-evidence-added-up-to-murder.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:14 am

1990: Martin graduates from BYU law school wrote:

Somewhere, one of our posters shared the resume of atty Spencer.
Was that you, AD?
I had wondered if MM had known Spencer from law school since Spencer was representing MM pro bono....
The resume shows Spencer graduating cum laude ? in 1991, IIRC...

This is an excellent timeline so keep it handy if you will:
http://img.deseretnews.com/article/865590296/Martin-MacNeill-timeline.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:53 am

From timeline given above:
http://img.deseretnews.com/article/865590296/Martin-MacNeill-timeline.html?pg=2

Early 1980s: Investigators say Martin falsified transcripts with inflated grades and lied on applications to get into two medical schools and later to BYU law school

1990: Martin pleaded no contest to alleged Medicaid fraud in Sandy and is banned from Medicaid billing for 12 years

1998: Martin agrees to resign from BYU Health Center; his work there was punctuated by accusations of rape, complaints of unprofessional conduct and misdiagnosis

1999: He returns to BYU Health Center for three months and more complaints are made against him

August 2000: Police called to house after Martin threatens to kill wife and himself with knife after she caught him looking at pornography

2005: Martin has affair with Anna Osborne Walthall, who told psychiatrist she was dating a “serial killer” because she said Martin told her that he’d killed his brother in a bathtub and tried to kill his mother when he was young; she said he also offered to kill her husband and described writing an anonymous article about “mercy killing” in which a patient was euthanized with pain killers but was never held accountable, court documents state

Sept. 2, 2007: Police report filed alleging Martin twice fondled sleeping daughter and said, "I thought you were your mother"; criminal charge filed, dismissed, then later refiled

September 2007: Martin is fired from Department of Health and Human Services

November 2007: Willis brings domestic violence complaint against Martin but later recants and it is dismissed; notary says Martin dominated conversation during recanting and investigators believe he prepared document that led to the dismissal because he spelled Willis' name wrong

Summer 2008: Daughter struggling with addiction asks for help from Martin but says he offered mutual suicide as solution

This I found of high interest. It gave me pause to against question if MM had prior knowledge or even a hand in the death of his son. Did he tell Damian he would have "mutual suicide" with him? Damian, from what I have read, had his life together. He had a solid future, solid career, and a solid girl friend.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:14 pm

Thank you for the Jury video's. It was interesting seeing what they had to say.
Did any of you catch the 48 Hours show last night. The one thing that keeps popping into my mind is how much of a liar Gypsy is. At the end she comes out of the courtroom and tells the reporter something like she's never been in a court room and didn't know how it went and that she's not even had a traffic ticket. Really? I mean really? She was convicted of fraud FPS and was sentenced to 21 months in prison. Now tell me why she would just bold face lie like that. Does she really think she's smarter then anyone else? And before I forget again I have been meaning to comment on those pants she had on, the tan one's. I swear if they had been any tighter they would have been oozing fat between the weaves of fabric. I have this really strong feeling that MM and Gypsy are not done with each other. I can't explain it cuz I've tried to figure out how they can communicate with each other without being caught. I can see them going through his lawyers but the thing is neither one of them is to bright and they would screw up again in some way and the cat be out of the bag. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say. Plus I also agree with the jury that Gypsy didn't really testify against MM like she should have and I can't help but wonder why she is walking around free. 48 Hours was right last night about MM being 2 different people. He's been committing crimes since he was a kid and only got caught forging checks back when. How did this person ever get away with being what his true stripes are?
Anyhoo, thanks for the videos.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Convicted killer Martin MacNeill still faces other legal battles

Salt Lake City, UT

Published: Thursday, Nov. 14 2013 5:25 p.m. MST
Updated: 1 hour ago

PROVO — A former Pleasant Grove doctor convicted of murdering his wife by drugging her and drowning her in a bathtub will appeal the decision handed down by jurors last weekend, his attorney said.

But before that happens, Martin MacNeill has other legal battles to fight. He is scheduled to return to a Provo court on Monday to answer other criminal charges.

Snipped:

Spencer also represents MacNeill in the sex abuse case. Judge Samuel McVey will hear oral arguments on a motion to continue Monday. A two-day jury trial is currently scheduled to begin Dec. 3.

“I just can’t do that trial in December. I’m emotionally and physically exhausted. I need some time to recuperate,” Spencer said Wednesday. “So the judge will hear my motion to continue and we’ll plan from there.”

Read more:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865590597/Convicted-killer-Martin-MacNeill-still-faces-other-legal-battles.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:59 pm

DATELINE NBC

Dateline   |  November 13, 2013

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

'Secrets in Pleasant Grove' part 1

A former beauty queen turns 50 and decides to have plastic surgery. A decision that changes everything in her picture perfect life.

'Secrets in Pleasant Grove' part 2

'Secrets in Pleasant Grove' part 3

'Secrets in Pleasant Grove' part 4

'Secrets in Pleasant Grove' part 5

'Secrets in Pleasant Grove' part 6

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/53548846#53548846
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Jurors in Martin MacNeill murder trial talk about Martin's mistress and motive

Published 11/14/2013 08:26 PM
Updated 11/14/2013 08:27 PM

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 8 Story
(Mark Johnston)

PROVO, Utah (ABC 4 Utah) - They say she drove Martin MacNeill to murder. For the first time the jurors in the Martin MacNeill murder trial speak out about their decision to find him guilty and how big of a role motive played in their verdict.

Prosecutors said Gypsy Willis was a hostile witness who protected her former lover every change she got and the jurors agree that Martin's mistress was putting on a show.

Ken, Juror # 43 told ABC 4 Utah’s Kimberly Nelson, "I think that Gypsy likes a stage and this trial provided her with a stage so she could be in the spotlight."

Gypsy Willis met Martin MacNeill online in 2005 and shortly thereafter they started an affair. On the stand Gypsy tried to play down their relationship, but evidence proved otherwise.

Kitty, Juror #9 said, "I don't think any of us think she's innocent in any of this. I think she’s very much a part of it."

Read more:

http://www.4utah.com/story/jurors-in-martin-macneill-murder-trial-talk-about-martins-mistress-and-motive/d/story/XihByyI-tkqKJOjC9xGttQ
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:19 am

Convicted killer Martin MacNeill now facing sexual abuse allegations

By Jennifer Dobner
November 14th, 2013 @ 8:53pm

PROVO — A former Pleasant Grove doctor convicted of murdering his wife by drugging her and drowning her in a bathtub will appeal the decision handed down by jurors last weekend, his attorney said.

But before that happens, Martin MacNeill has other legal battles to fight. He is scheduled to return to a Provo court on Monday to answer other criminal charges.

~Snipped~

But sentencing and a pending appeal aren’t the only court appearances in MacNeill’s future. On Monday he’ll be back for a hearing in a separate sexual abuse case.

MacNeill's daughter Alexis Somers — the state’s star witness in the murder trial — has accused him of sexually abusing her in the months following her mother’s death. KSL does not typically name victims in sexual abuse cases, but Somers has previously spoken to reporters about the case.

MacNeill is charged with forcible sex abuse, a second-degree felony, and tampering with a witness, a third-degree felony. The case was initially dismissed and then refiled the same year about the same time MacNeill was charged with identity theft in federal court. That case resulted in a conviction and a four-year prison sentence.

Read more:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=27636702#3xsw5b8rxv84Y3gu.99
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:27 am

Forcible Sexual Abuse (Domestic Violence)

Utah Code §76-5-404 & Utah Code §77-36-1

Degree

1st or 2nd Degree Felony.

Read more:

http://www.utah-domestic-violence-attorney.com/domestic-violence-sexual-offenses/forcible-sexual-abuse.php
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:23 am

Stumbled on this and thot of Giselle and how MM "dumped" her.
Pity the statue has probably already run.

Ohio couple RETURNS the 9-year-old boy that they adopted when he was only 3-months-old

When you are the parent and you recklessly abandon a child or children, there are criminal consequences,' Gmoser said. 'These children don't have a return-to-sender stamp emblazoned on their forehead.' wrote:

The Coxes could face up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted of the first-degree misdemeanor. Quiet: Mrs Cox and her husband Cleveland have not spoken publicly about the charges Quiet: Mrs Cox and her husband Cleveland have not spoken publicly about the charges 'This is not about somebody who can't pay to support the child,' the prosecutor said. wrote:
These are the only parents he has ever known, Gmoser said. 'What do you think happens at night when he goes to sleep and doesn't have his brothers around or someone to talk to he has known for nine years?' Gmoser confirmed the Coxes have other children. wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507660/Ohio-couple-RETURNS-9-year-old-boy-adopted-3-months-old.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:19 pm

Attorney: Martin MacNeill will appeal his murder conviction

Courts » Before sentencing, ex-doctor will return to court in a sex-abuse case.

By Jessica Miller | The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published 52 minutes ago • Updated 25 minutes ago

News that Martin MacNeill is planning to appeal last week’s jury verdict — finding him guilty of killing his wife — wasn’t news at all to Michele MacNeill’s family members.

Niece Jill Harper-Smith said Friday they were expecting an appeal "from the get-go."

~Snipped~

Martin MacNeill’s defense attorney, Randall Spencer, said Thursday that his client plans to appeal the conviction, but did not say on what grounds. "That’s all yet to be discussed with an appellate attorney," he said.

Neither Spencer nor co-counsel Susanne Gustin —who, according to court documents, both worked for free to defend Martin MacNeill in the murder case — will handle the appeal.

Spencer said Thursday that working on Martin MacNeill’s case pro bono through the last 15 months was "the right thing to do."

Read more:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57131020-78/macneill-martin-michele-appeal.html.csp
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:55 pm

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_8207.shtml

Martin MacNeill Back in Court Again
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Martin MacNeill back in court on sex assault charge

By marissa lang | The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published 56 minutes ago • Updated 8 minutes ago

Provo • Ten days after Martin MacNeill was found guilty of killing his wife six years ago in their Pleasant Grove home, the former doctor was back in court Monday on unrelated charges of sexually abusing a family member.

~Snipped~

A two-day trial was set to begin Feb. 4 before 4th District Judge Samuel McVey. A pre-trial conference is set for Jan. 6.
The trial had been set to begin Dec. 3. But defense attorney Randall Spencer said after Monday’s hearing that the February trial date will help MacNeill’s defense team "recover emotionally and physically" from the "grueling" murder trial.

~Snipped~

MacNeill faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony, and up to five years in prison if convicted of witness tampering, a third-degree felony.

Read more:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57147395-78/macneill-trial-murder-felony.html.csp
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Judge grants Martin MacNeill two-month delay in sex abuse case

Published: Monday, Nov. 18 2013 5:44 p.m. MST
Updated: 3 hours ago

PROVO — Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill will get a two-month delay before he faces his next legal hurdle.

The incident was initially reported to police in 2007. Charges were filed, then dismissed. But the case was filed a second time by the Utah County Attorney’s Office in 2009, one year after prosecutors began investigating the April 2007 death of MacNeill’s wife, Michele, as a homicide.

But the sex abuse case was never considered an “insurance policy” against a circumstantial murder investigation that might not result in charges, prosecutor David Sturgill said after Monday’s hearing.

“The (sex abuse) evidence was just looked at with new eyes,” said Sturgill. “Not an insurance policy at all. We decided to pursue it because it’s a good case.”

~Snipped~

“I’m not in a state where I can possibly try this case in December," Spencer told the judge before asking to withdraw from the case. McVey refused the request.

Spencer also expressed concern that he could be called as a witness. That’s because Spencer had access to MacNeill’s email account in 2007 and saw or read emails his daughter sent to her father. Some contain statements that Spencer said may exonerate MacNeill, but the daughter has denied sending those messages in previous hearings, he said.

Read more:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865590835/Judge-grants-Martin-MacNeill-two-month-delay-in-sex-abuse-case.html?pg=all
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:00 am

Hi,

The Kay Sybers's case looks eerie familiar with the MacNeill's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AJjYn-CjkE

Olivier

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:50 pm

From link provided by AD:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865590835/Judge-grants-Martin-MacNeill-two-month-delay-in-sex-abuse-case.html

Got a chuckle out of this :
“The court would intend this to be a firm date … unless you are in the hospital,” a seemingly reluctant McVey said. wrote:
IF he is found guilty:
" MacNeill is charged with forcible sex abuse, a second-degree felony. If convicted, he faces a prison term of one to 15 years."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:16 pm

olivier57 wrote:Hi,

The Kay Sybers's case looks eerie familiar with the MacNeill's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AJjYn-CjkE

Olivier
Hi, Olivier!  Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 8 Smiley-greet010

I enjoyed watching the video.  It's been a few years since I thought about voodoo science and mass spectrometers.

Seriously, I hope the verdict holds better in the MacNeill case than it did in this one.

And very interesting about succinyl choline being virtually untraceable.  Hmmm, I seem to remember some pillow talk between MacNeill and one of his mistresses where he boasted of knowing, (and possibly using) a drug of this nature.

Thanks for this!
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:23 pm

Dr Phil: The Doctor, His Wife, His Mistress, the Murder

November 19, 2013

Dr. Phil's interview with Gypsy Willis:

Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekMasnIa7L4&feature=youtu.be
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:50 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Dr Phil: The Doctor, His Wife, His Mistress, the Murder

November 19, 2013

{Video respectfully snipped by me, link below works.}

Dr. Phil's interview with Gypsy Willis:
Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekMasnIa7L4&feature=youtu.be
Thanks for linking this, CP.

I don't think she is coming clean about everything; but I find myself wanting to give her a chance.  I think I liked Gypsy's mother so much that I believe her daughter has to have good in her somewhere.

I hope they woke her up by telling her about the Drew Peterson case.  It did seem to hit a nerve with her.
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:57 pm

I had not seen this home vid before.
It is beautiful.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:50 pm

Martin MacNeill's sex abuse trial moved to next year

"PROVO -- Martin MacNeill was scheduled to stand trial for the second time this year starting Dec. 4, but his two-day trial for one count of forcible sex abuse has been pushed back to next year.

Randy Spencer, MacNeill's defense attorney, asked Fourth District Judge Samuel McVey to move the trial back to give him time to "recover both emotionally and physically" from MacNeill's four-week murder trial and also to give him time to prepare several legal motions in the case.

Spencer told McVey he could potentially be a material witness in the case because he is the only one who has seen an email written to MacNeill from his daughter Alexis Somers, which Spencer said Somers has denied writing in past hearings. Spencer said if that were the case, he would have to withdraw as MacNeill's attorney.

McVey said he wasn't inclined to let Spencer withdraw from the case and hopes that the defense and prosecution can come to some sort of agreement about the evidence.

Prosecuting attorney David Sturgill said that he didn't have any specific legal objections to the motion to continue but said delays are always detrimental. ...."

" ...The trial has been moved to Feb. 4, but MacNeill will be back in court on the sex abuse case on Jan. 6 for a pre-trial conference, the same week he is scheduled to be sentenced for murder and obstruction of justice.

MacNeill was convicted of murdering his wife by a jury on Nov. 9 after a four-week trial. Spencer said MacNeill hasn't been doing well since the verdict came in.

"It is very tough on him to be convicted of something he always professed he didn't do," Spencer said.

MacNeill faces 15 years to life in prison on the murder charge and one to 15 years on the obstruction of justice charged when he is sentenced on Jan. 9th. ..."

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/martin-macneill-s-sex-abuse-trial-moved-to-next-year/article_cd51352d-ce08-5fc2-8c67-fdeec3892261.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next