Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012.

+12
CuriousPortlander
justanopinion
Mari 68
Ann - Tx
Lash
Alessandra_Deux
Soprano1
nanaof4
Weeziethm
tesstruhart
wonderingwhy
angiefly2
16 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012.

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Task Force Continues Investigation in Missing 13-Year-Old Colo. Boy

by KREX News Room
by Kristina Kuestner

Story Created: Dec 4, 2012 at 11:14 PM MST
(Story Updated: Dec 4, 2012 at 11:14 PM MST )

DURANGO, Colo.- The Dylan Redwine Task Force continues to investigate the disappearance of the 13-year-old Colorado boy.

On Tuesday morning, three boats equipped with sonar resumed a search of Vallecito Reservoir, while the Task Force searched the shoreline of Vallecito Lake.

A helicopter from the San Juan County Sheriff's Office also searched area lakes in La Plata County.

Read more:

http://www.krextv.com/news/around-the-region/Task-Force-Continues-Active-Investigation-in-Missing-13-Year-Old-Boy-182129911.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Dylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012.

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 pm

New photos of Dylan Redwine released

KRQE

Published on Dec 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfj9_k4ELS0
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:19 pm

The very first article I read about this story raised red flags for me. Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the father supposedly left at 7:30 a.m. Monday morning to run errands?

First, Dylan had arrived the day before, so why would the father run errands, supposedly for 4 hours, on the first full day of his son's visit? If you are expecting visitors, do you wait for them to arrive to run errands? Why didn't he run the errands over the weekend? Does he work weekends? I just don't get it.

Second, what's open at 7:30 in the morning? A grocery store, maybe. But if you had several hours of errands to run, wouldn't you hit the grocery store on the way home so whatever food you bought wouldn't spoil? What else is open at that hour? Maybe a place to have your vehicle serviced?

Third, what kinds of errands take 4 hours? Unless he's that far out in the boonies, I just can't fathom any errands taking this long, except maybe getting a car serviced, or getting snow tires put on (but I would think that in Colorado, you wouldn't wait for December to do something like this). I've gone shopping at the mall, then to Costco, and then done grocery shopping on my way home and still made it home in less than 2.5 hours. Even having my car serviced at a dealership a half hour from my home has me home in under 2.5 hours. I've never taken 4 hours to run errands, but maybe that's just me.

The other red flag for me is discrepancies in his story. One article said he left at 7:30 and returned at 11:30. Called police at 4:30. Another one said that he noticed at 11 that his son wasn't around (did he get home at 11 or 11:30?) Also said he called police at 6 p.m. Did the father's story change, or are these discrepancies just reporting issues?
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soprano1 Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:55 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:The very first article I read about this story raised red flags for me. Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the father supposedly left at 7:30 a.m. Monday morning to run errands?

First, Dylan had arrived the day before, so why would the father run errands, supposedly for 4 hours, on the first full day of his son's visit? If you are expecting visitors, do you wait for them to arrive to run errands? Why didn't he run the errands over the weekend? Does he work weekends? I just don't get it.

Second, what's open at 7:30 in the morning? A grocery store, maybe. But if you had several hours of errands to run, wouldn't you hit the grocery store on the way home so whatever food you bought wouldn't spoil? What else is open at that hour? Maybe a place to have your vehicle serviced?

Third, what kinds of errands take 4 hours? Unless he's that far out in the boonies, I just can't fathom any errands taking this long, except maybe getting a car serviced, or getting snow tires put on (but I would think that in Colorado, you wouldn't wait for December to do something like this). I've gone shopping at the mall, then to Costco, and then done grocery shopping on my way home and still made it home in less than 2.5 hours. Even having my car serviced at a dealership a half hour from my home has me home in under 2.5 hours. I've never taken 4 hours to run errands, but maybe that's just me.

The other red flag for me is discrepancies in his story. One article said he left at 7:30 and returned at 11:30. Called police at 4:30. Another one said that he noticed at 11 that his son wasn't around (did he get home at 11 or 11:30?) Also said he called police at 6 p.m. Did the father's story change, or are these discrepancies just reporting issues?

Actually, Mr. Redwine had an AM appointment with his divorce lawyer (had already been scheduled), and lives 45 minutes from town. Dylan's friends, whom he was to visit, live 20 minutes from town, so Mr. Redwine was accounting for significant driving time, and it has been confirmed that he did meet with his divorce lawyer as scheduled. It was not just basic errands.

If what I've read is correct, the discrepancies were due to initial reporting. Lots of times are thrown around in the beginning stages of any investigation, and the media tends to throw a bunch of information together to break a story before the competition. Don't count on times reported; wait for the police to release the official timeline.
Soprano1
Soprano1

Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:58 pm

Area reservoirs searched again

Elaine Redwine: ‘Somebody knows where he is’

By Shane Benjamin Herald staff writer
Article Last Updated: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:43pm

Denise Hess, a family friend of the Redwines, reflects on Dylan Redwine’s personality from her shop, Plaza Video, in Bayfield. SHAUN STANLEY/Durango Herald

VALLECITO – Authorities again searched Vallecito Reservoir and flew a helicopter over five reservoirs Tuesday in search of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine.

The searches failed to produce any new leads, said Dan Bender, spokesman for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

“We’re just trying to be as thorough as we can be,” he said.

In an interview Tuesday, Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, pleaded for anyone with information to come forward.

Read more:

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121204/NEWS01/121209802/Area-reservoirs-searched-again
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Soprano1 wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:The very first article I read about this story raised red flags for me. Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the father supposedly left at 7:30 a.m. Monday morning to run errands?

Actually, Mr. Redwine had an AM appointment with his divorce lawyer (had already been scheduled), and lives 45 minutes from town. Dylan's friends, whom he was to visit, live 20 minutes from town, so Mr. Redwine was accounting for significant driving time, and it has been confirmed that he did meet with his divorce lawyer as scheduled. It was not just basic errands.

If what I've read is correct, the discrepancies were due to initial reporting. Lots of times are thrown around in the beginning stages of any investigation, and the media tends to throw a bunch of information together to break a story before the competition. Don't count on times reported; wait for the police to release the official timeline.

Thanks, Soprano1. I hadn't heard about the appointment with his attorney. Makes much more sense now. Glad to hear the discrepancies were a reporting issue, not him changing his story. I appreciate the clarifications!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:40 am

Sheriff: Missing Redwine boy's disappearance believed foul play

By Ryan Boetel
Updated: 12/06/2012 12:23:53 AM MST

FARMINGTON — Investigators say a crime is the reason Dylan Redwine vanished.

Read more:

http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22134254/sheriff-missing-redwine-boys-disappearance-believed-foul-play
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:47 am

Dylan Redwine Missing from La Plata County in Colorado

COSMCF1

Published on Dec 5, 2012

Come Home Dylan, you are loved beyond measure.

Messages expressed by a few of the many followers of the Facebook Page Missing Dylan Redwine CMCF (no affililiation to Colorado's Missing Children Foundation).

If anyone knows the whereabouts of this boy, please call 970-382-7511.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2In-4Jumi0&feature=player_embedded
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Soprano1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:57 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Soprano1 wrote:

Thanks, Soprano1. I hadn't heard about the appointment with his attorney. Makes much more sense now. Glad to hear the discrepancies were a reporting issue, not him changing his story. I appreciate the clarifications!
Certainly, and I'm sorry I don't have the articles on hand to cite for you. If you read the news stories linked from this site, I believe that information is in there somewhere. Without that particular bit of info, I was concerned about the early-morning errands, too. But, knowing that makes much more sense, as you said. :)
Soprano1
Soprano1

Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Missing boy Dylan Redwine's family had violent history

5:21 PM, Dec 6, 2012

Video - Click to play

Written by
Melissa Blasius

DURANGO - 9Wants to Know has learned that the family of a missing Southwest Colorado boy has a history of domestic violence.

Dylan Redwine disappeared on Nov. 19, one day after he arrived at his dad's Vallecito area home on a court-ordered visitation for Thanksgiving.

9News obtained court records dating back to 2005 showing three requests for protection orders.

Read more:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Investigators: Dylan Redwine last seen night before he was reported missing

Posted: 12/07/2012
Last Updated: 15 minutes ago

DURANGO, Colo. - Authorities say 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, missing in southwestern Colorado for almost a month, was last seen publicly the night before he was reported missing.

La Plata County sheriff's spokesman Dan Bender said a Nov. 18 video from Durango-La Plata County Airport cameras shows Dylan arriving on a flight from Colorado Springs. Another surveillance video shows Dylan at a Walmart in Durango later the same day.

Typically, police use surveillance video to determine the interaction between the missing child and anyone else that comes in contact with them. In this case, investigators would look to determine how Dylan interacted with his father and see if anyone else approaches the boy. They might also contact customers who were in the store at the time to determine if they saw or overheard anything suspicious.

Read more:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/investigators-dylan-redwine-last-seen-night-before-he-was-reported-missing
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:50 pm

Search for missing 13-year-old continues

Authorities say case is now criminal investigation

Published 6:12 PM MST Dec 06, 2012

VALLECITO LAKE, N.M. — More than two weeks have passed since 13-year-old Dylan Redwine vanished from his father’s Vallecito home, and organizers are now looking for experienced hikers to help find him.

Volunteers will be teaming up with Search and Rescue early Saturday to help find the teen. The effort is spearheaded by Denise Hess, a close friend of Dylan's mother.

“We divided everyone up in groups when we were sending teams out," Hess said.

In the first few days after he vanished, Hess organized a search party in which volunteers knocked on doors and checked every vacant building. Now, in the third week after the teen’s disappearance, Hess wants a more aggressive approach.

“Beat the brush, turn over logs, whatever we can do to see if there is anything up there,” she said.

Read more:

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/Search-for-missing-13-year-old-continues/-/9153762/17686454/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/5gf0h1z/-/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:20 am

Volunteers to search ditches for Dylan Redwine clues Saturday

Posted: 12/06/2012 07:59:22 PM MST
Updated: 12/06/2012 07:59:30 PM MSTBy Joey Bunch
The Denver Post

Volunteers and investigators in La Plata County will search ditches between Durango and Vallecito Saturday for clues in the disappearance of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine.

In a statement Thursday evening, the Sheriff's Department said the search was not prompted by new leads, but to get in one more look ahead of potential snowfall arriving this weekend.

The search along La Plata County 240 will begin at 8 a.m. at the Edgemont Ranch picnic area in the 5300 block of La Plata County 240 west La Plata County 234.

Read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22142231/volunteers-search-ditches-dylan-redwine-clues-saturday
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:04 am

Soprano1 wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:

Certainly, and I'm sorry I don't have the articles on hand to cite for you. If you read the news stories linked from this site, I believe that information is in there somewhere. Without that particular bit of info, I was concerned about the early-morning errands, too. But, knowing that makes much more sense, as you said. :)
I wish I could say I felt better but MR left at 7:30 am and didn't report Dylan missing until 6:00pm so that's more than 4 hours of time that I don't know has been accounted for. It just seems really hinky to me that the dad waited so long to report Dylan missing and that Dylan's phone had not been used since 8 pm the day before. Makes no sense to me at all.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:33 am

I agree with you, angiefly2...IIRC, mom and dad have been divorced for several years. Why would you (1) have an appointment with a divorce attorney years later and (2) especially, why would you schedule the appt for the morning of a day when your son - who you don't get to see regularly and every minute of time would be precious - that would eat into that valuable together time??

The most glaring clue to me is the non-existent text/cell usage from 8 pm Sunday evening from a kid whose pattern of behavior known to EVERYONE was that of a prolific texter/celly-er.

And the home had a land line. Could have been used in the event his cell phone died. But it wasn't. In MR's scenario, Dylan knew dad was coming back after the errands to take him to his friends - so why would Dylan leave the house?

Makes no sense to me either.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:25 pm

ITA with you!
I don't know if MR had an appt. with his lawyer or just stopped in to his/her office to maybe pay a bill or leave a message with the secretary or whatever just to have an alibi. I honestly think something happened to Dylan on Sunday after 8pm (if in fact Dylan is the one who text his friends to change plans and not MR who did it) This is MOO and is speculation/ideas that I have thought about. I hope I am wrong and Dylan is ok somewhere! I would love to put my foot in my mouth.

Dylan where are you buddy?
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Son of CC staff member still missing after more than two weeks

December 7, 2012 By catalystnewspaper

Authorities from dozens of law enforcement agencies are still looking for the 13-year-old son of a Colorado College staff member who went missing more than two weeks ago from his father’s home in the Durango area.

Dylan was on a court-mandated Thanksgiving visit as part of stipulations stemming from his parent’s 2007 divorce. Just a few hours after flying into the Durango area airport, Redwine went missing.

Police said they have few clues about where Redwine might be or how he disappeared.

Read more:

http://catalystnewspaper.com/2012/12/07/son-of-cc-staff-member-still-missing-after-more-than-two-weeks/

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Son of CC staff member still missing after more than two weeks

Authorities from dozens of law enforcement agencies are still looking for the 13-year-old son of a Colorado College staff member who went missing more than two weeks ago from his father’s home in the Durango area.

Dylan was on a court-mandated Thanksgiving visit as part of stipulations stemming from his parent’s 2007 divorce. Just a few hours after flying into the Durango area airport, Redwine went missing.

Police said they have few clues about where Redwine might be or how he disappeared.

Read more:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t4214p100-dylan-redwine-13-missing-from-vallecito-colorado-since-november-19-2012#184827

BBM
So the police believe Dylan was gone Sunday night as well? I hope they release more info in this case soon and I hope LE also have more info than we know. I'm asking because the link above doesn't work. Thanks Aless. for keeping us updated... I really hope Dylan is ok.

Last edited by angiefly2 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:37 pm

angiefly2 wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Son of CC staff member still missing after more than two weeks

Read more:

http://catalystnewspaper.com/2012/12/07/son-of-cc-staff-member-still-missing-after-more-than-two-weeks/

BBM
So the police believe Dylan was gone Sunday night as well? I hope they release more info in this case soon and I hope LE also have more info than we know. I'm asking because the link above doesn't work. Thanks Aless. for keeping us updated... I really hope Dylan is ok.

Oops! Sorry, I made a mistake.

Here is the link to the article:

-----------

angiefly2, the police said in a press release that the last time Dylan was seen publicly was the evening of November 18th, that was the day that he arrived in Durango to spend Thanksgiving with his father. The police also said that there were not confirmed sightings since Dylan went missing.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:33 am

Volunteers mass is search for Colo. boy

Dylan Redwine likely not a runaway, sheriff says

Updated: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 6:01 PM MST
Published : Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 6:01 PM MST

BY Jessica Garate

DURANGO, Colo. (KRQE) - The search for a missing Colorado boy is about to get much more intense.

Several hundred volunteers are expected to join law enforcement on Saturday to do a sweep of road that runs between Vallecito and Durango.

Investigators say they have no new leads in their search for Dylan Redwine, 13, but La Plata County Road 240 is a common route between the two towns. Search coordinators said they want to make sure they get a good look at that area before the snow hits on Sunday.

"Not knowing where Dylan is--if he is in a higher elevation or even down in lower elevations--and snow hits that could cover up clues," La Plata County Sheriff Dan Bender told KRQE News 13.

Redwine was last seen on Nov. 19 at his father's home in Vallecito northeast of Durango.

Read more:

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/volunteers-mass-in-search-for-colo-boy
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:40 am

Search intensifies for missing teen

Dylan Redwine missing since late Nov.

Updated: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 2:03 PM MST
Published : Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 1:08 PM MST

By Kim Vallez

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/northwest/search-intensifies-for-missing-teen
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:54 am

Dylan Redwine search requests volunteers at 8:30 a.m. Saturday to seek clues of 'criminal activity'

Dylan was reported missing on Nov. 19

Posted: 12/07/2012
Last Updated: 13 hours ago

LA PLATA COUNTY, Colo. - A search for clues in the disappearance of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine will take place Saturday.

Authorities are requesting volunteers for the search, set to begin at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, and cover several miles of ditches on both sides of La Plata County Road 240, also known as Florida Road.

Mark Redwine reported his son, Dylan, missing Nov. 19 from his house in the Vallecito area. The father said he left the boy at home while he ran morning errands in Durango.

Read more:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/dylan-redwine-search-requests-volunteers-at-830-am-saturday-to-seek-clues-of-criminal-activity
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Saturday search under way for Dylan Redwine near Durango with 500 volunteers

Redwine reported missing Nov. 19

Posted: 12/08/2012
Last Updated: 2 hours ago

DURANGO, Colo. - Authorities in southwestern Colorado are searching a common route between Durango and Vallecito on Saturday for clues in the disappearance of a 13-year-old boy.

About 500 volunteers showed up to help search on Saturday.

The La Plata County Sheriff's Office says the search for Dylan Redwine isn't prompted by any new leads, but authorities want to probe ditches along La Plata County Road 240 in advance of a snowstorm that is expected to move through the area Saturday night.

Read more:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/saturday-search-under-way-for-dylan-redwine-near-durango
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Hundreds search for clues in Dylan Redwine case

Posted: 12/08/2012 05:51:02 PM MST
Updated: 12/08/2012 07:13:36 PM MST
The Denver Post

Another large search Saturday for missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine failed to find the boy or any new clues.

More than 260 volunteers joined law enforcement in the search on Saturday in La Plata County, working in small groups.

~Snipped~

Investigators said in a news release from La Plata County Sheriff's office, that it wasn't a tip that led them to the search area, just an urgency to cover more ground before snow fell.

Dozens of items were flagged by searchers. Of those, 10 were collected by investigators "for future reference," according to the news release.

The release also conveyed thanks from the Redwine family to all who helped in the search.

Read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22154091/hundreds-search-clues-travis-redwine-case#ixzz2EVxRbRqV
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:01 am

Volunteers search for Dylan

Hundreds turn out to look for missing teen

By Robert Galin
Herald Staff Writer

Article Last Updated: Saturday, December 08, 2012 5:24pm

About 350 people, including more than 260 resident volunteers, participated in Saturday’s continuing search for missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine. The organized searches focused on County Roads 240 and 501 and the areas around Lemon and Vallecito Reservoirs.

“We’re looking for any evidence that might (help us) find Dylan,” said Lt. Ed Phippen, lead investigator with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Unit. The goal is to find Dylan alive, he said.

~Snipped~

A number of Redwine family members, including Mark and Elaine Redwine; Dylan’s brother, Cory; and family friends helped with Saturday’s efforts.

“We’re glad to have them out here,” Phippen said.

Read more:

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121208/NEWS01/121209618/Volunteers-search-for-Dylan--
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:10 am

PHOTOS: New search underway for missing 13-year-old in La Plata County

Posted on: 12:40 pm, December 8, 2012
Updated on: 01:28pm, December 8, 2012
By Brooke Way
Dylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012. - Page 3 Sar-briefing3-largeDylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012. - Page 3 Searching-3-large
(La Plata County Sheriff's Office)

See more photos:

http://kdvr.com/2012/12/08/new-search-underway-for-missing-13-year-old-in-la-plata-county/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:01 am

More than 300 people search for Dylan Redwine

Authorities still hope to find teen alive

Published 7:13 PM MST Dec 08, 2012

VIdeo at link:

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/More-than-300-people-search-for-Dylan-Redwine/-/9153762/17707274/-/pj5977z/-/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Dylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012. - Page 3 705035_556860247673916_1497277679_o

Find Missing Dylan Redwine

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:35 am

Search for Dylan Redwine

UPDATED 10:48 PM MST Dec 09, 2012

(Mark Redwine talks about the search ...)

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/Search-for-Dylan-Redwine/-/9153728/17714292/-/11uwpygz/-/index.html

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Scammer says he kidnapped Dylan Redwine

By Ryan Boetel
Updated: 12/10/2012 06:00:51 PM MST

FARMINGTON — A man said he kidnapped Dylan Redwine and is asking for money for the 13-year-old’s release.

But the man is lying.

“This is a scam,” La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Jim Ezzell said in a statement. “Do not send him money.”

Read more:

http://www.daily-times.com/farmington-news/ci_22164169/scammer-says-he-kidnapped-dylan-redwine
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:50 pm

New clues emerge in Dylan Redwine case

Posted at: 12/10/2012 5:41 PM
By: KOB.com staff

Crews looking for a missing Colorado boy said they've found a handful of \new clues after weekend searches.

It's now been three weeks since 13-year-old Dylan Redwine disappeared.

Three hundred people searched an area between Durango and Vallecito on Saturday. La Plata County Sheriff's investigators said there are about ten items that could be helpful in the case but deputies aren't saying what those items are.

Read more:

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2861899.shtml?cat=500
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Dylan Redwine scam hits Facebook

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 5:18 PM
Updated: Dec 10, 2012 5:18 PM
By Greg Boyce

The La Plata County Sheriff's Office says an offer on Facebook to return missing Dylan Redwine is a hoax.

~Snipped~

"This is a scam," cautions Captain Jim Ezzell with the La Plata County Sheriff's Office. "Do not send any money. Anyone who has been contacted by this individual is asked to please notify the Sheriff's Office at (970) 385-2900."

Dozens of the Dylan Redwine Task Force investigators continue to follow up on aspects of the on-going investigation in Dylan's disappearance. The volume of tips received on the tip-line is keeping several investigators, both locally and out of the area busy. Tips have come in from across the US and are continuing to come in. The tips include information relative to theories, items, locations and persons.

The items recovered during the community search on December 8 are being evaluated for their value to this investigation

Read more:

http://www.koaa.com/news/dylan-redwine-scam-hits-facebook/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Community rallies for Dylan

Money raised will support efforts to find missing teen

By Emery Cowan Herald staff writer

Article Last Updated: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:33pm
Dylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012. - Page 3 AR-121219900
SHAUN STANLEY/Durango Herald
Megan Stumpf, 6, attaches a missing sticker to her shirt while waiting in line for dinner Tuesday evening at Pine Valley Church in Bayfield during a benefit dinner and silent auction to support efforts to find missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine. Megan’s brother, Colton Stumpf, was in the same grade as Dylan when Dylan attended school in Bayfield.

Barely a parking space could be found Tuesday night outside Pine Valley Church where the town held a benefit dinner for Dylan Redwine, the 13-year-old who has been missing since Nov. 19.

Organizers estimated more than 800 people attended the spaghetti dinner, silent auction and raffle, an impressive number made all the more remarkable considering the town’s population hovers around 2,000.

“I don’t even have a word for it,” said Denise Hess, a close friend of the Redwines who helped organize the event. “Amazing. Phenomenally amazing.”

Read more:

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121211/NEWS01/121219900/0/SEARCH/Community-rallies-for-Dylan
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:21 am

Dylan Redwine Facebook page to be deleted

9:47 PM, Dec 12, 2012

Video - click to play

Written by
Melissa Blasius

KUSA - 9Wants to Know has learned the woman running a Facebook page about missing 13-year-old boy Dylan Redwine had been criticized for her involvement in another missing child case.

Kimberly Kay Bowman admitted to 9News Wednesday that she was the administrator of the Missing Dylan Redwine CMCF page. A post on the page Wednesday night indicated that the site would be deleted at 10 p.m..

Redwine's mother asked Bowman to remove the page saying that she wanted the community to focus on a different community Facebook page about Dylan's disappearance.

Read more:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/304734/207/-Dylan-Redwine-Facebook-page-to-be-deleted
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Volunteers, community continue efforts to find missing teen

Reward for information increases to $11,000

12/13/2012 By: Carole McWilliams Times senior staff writer

Dylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012. - Page 3 BeneDylanweb

Supporters of Dylan Redwine and his family are working to keep up hope and community determination to find out what happened to the 13-year-old, who was reported missing from his father’s home at Vallecito on Nov. 19.

Community volunteers conducted a major search along County Road 240 last Saturday, and community members held a hugely attended fundraiser dinner and silent auction to support search costs Tuesday at the Pine River Foursquare Church in Bayfield.

~Snipped~

The fundraiser brought in enough to boost the reward about information leading to Dylan’s disappearance. The reward is now at $11,000.

Read more:

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1101
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Keep Dylan Redwine story prominent

Article Last Updated: Saturday, December 15, 2012 4:16pm

I read your newspaper online a few days each week because my son and grandson live in Durango.

I have been following the story of the missing youth, Dylan Redwine. I am concerned as to how quickly his story has been dropped from your newspaper (two weeks). This is much too soon. Please keep his name and photo displayed on your website as missing/endangered. Someone out there knows something. He or she just needs to have his or her memory jogged.

May Dylan come home to his parents soon.

Jeri Jensen

Nehalem, Ore.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121215/OPINION03/121219724/-1/opinion&source=RSS
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Video - Click to play

1 month since Dylan Redwine went missing

9NEWS at 6 a.m. 12/19/12.

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=2044716182001&odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cfeatured
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Dylan Redwine search in Colorado goes on month after his disappearance

Posted: 12/18/2012 04:07:47 PM MST
Updated: 12/18/2012 11:50:22 PM MST

By Nancy Lofholm
The Denver Post

One month after Dylan Redwine vanished from his father's home at Vallecito Lake, a full contingent of investigators is still working the case and his family is still begging for his return, or for someone to tell them what happened to the 13-year-old.

~Snipped~

So far, a reward of $11,000 hasn't leveraged any solid leads. Tips are still coming in from across the country, but nothing has moved investigators closer to the missing teen. Items collected during a community roadside search 10 days ago haven't been definitively linked to Redwine.

~Snipped~

Dylan's mother Elaine Redwine finally had to return to her home in Monument Sunday night after spending a month in the Durango area holding out hope that her son would be found.

"It was just heartbreaking for her to leave," Howard said.

Read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22217778/spirits-are-down-but-search-goes-dylan-redwine
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Reward for missing boy, 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, raised

7:56 PM, Dec 21, 2012

Video - Click to play

Written by
Melissa Blasius

KUSA - Investigators are hoping a larger reward will lead to a break in the case of a missing Colorado boy.

Crimestoppers is now offering a $16,000 cash reward for information leading to the Dylan's Redwine's whereabouts or the person responsible for his disappearance.

~Snipped~

For more than a month now, investigators have searched that area. A task force remains active and this week they brought a bloodhound from New Mexico to do spot searches. Those searches have turned up nothing.

Read more:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/306326/188/Reward-raised-in-search-for-missing-boy
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Dylan Redwine still missing a month after disappearance

Koattv

Published on Dec 21, 2012

Authorities continue to search for the teen who went missing before Thanksgiving in southern Colorado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEG-bF0c-i0&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Dylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012. - Page 3 398435_568344876525453_809618228_n

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=568344876525453&set=a.555396767820264.144727.555378941155380&type=1&relevant_count=1
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Christmas without Dylan: Family spends first Christmas without missing teen

1:53 PM, Dec 26, 2012

Video - Click to play

Written by
Kevin Torres

MONUMENT - More than a month has passed since anyone has seen or heard from Dylan Redwine. The 13-year-old boy from Monument disappeared from his father's home in Southwest Colorado right before Thanksgiving.

To this date investigators have no new leads. They ruled out the possibility of Dylan running away and focused their efforts on a possible kidnapping or foul play. Despite the lack of new news, Dylan's mother Elaine isn't giving up hope.

"A mother can never prepare herself for the worst case scenario. But, it's not that I haven't thought about it. It's not that I'm immune to it. But I choose to hope for Dylan," said Elaine Redwine.

Read more:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/306868/339/Christmas-without-Dylan
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Task force still investigating tips in case of missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine

Redwine missing since November 19

Posted: 12/27/2012
Last Updated: 13 hours ago

LA PLATA COUNTY, Colo. - A five-agency task force is still following up on tips in the case of a Colorado teenager who disappeared more than five weeks ago.

~Snipped~

La Plata County Sheriff's spokesman Dan Bender told 7NEWS the task force is still formed and investigators are still following up on calls and tips from the public as they come in.

"In the past couple weeks, we conducted spot searches using a helicopter related to one tip and a bloodhound in another," Bender said.

However, Bender said neither tip led to anything new in the case.

Read more:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/state-news/task-force-still-investigating-tips-in-case-of-missing-13-year-old-dylan-redwine
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Reward fund in missing-boy case grows

Updated: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 4:43 PM MST
Published : Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 4:43 PM MST

By Jessica Garate

DURANGO, Colo. (KRQE) - The reward is growing to help solve the disappearance of a missing Colorado boy.

Dylan Redwine, 13, has been missing since Nov. 19 when he vanished from his father's Vallecito home.

~Snipped~

The Durango Herald reported the reward fund is now up to $20,000.

The money has come from donations, a benefit dinner and a silent auction.

Read more:

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/reward-fund-in-missing-boy-case-grows
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Dylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012. - Page 3 386617_572419702784637_26406813_n
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Search for Dylan Redwine nears two months as leads dwindle

Posted: 01/05/2013 01:38:50 PM MST
Updated: 01/05/2013 01:38:59 PM MST

By Jason Pohl
The Denver Post

Now nearing the end of a fruitless second month of searching, the Dylan Redwine Task Force continues to investigate the case of the missing 13-year-old Vallecito boy.

Police are still receiving tips, though the numbers have dropped from several dozen to two or three daily, authorities said. Investigators are still assigned to the case and continue to follow up with leads on a regular basis.

~Snipped~

The reward for information leading to Dylan's location is up to $20,000, composed of funds from the FBI, Crime Stoppers and private donations. Anyone with information is asked to call La Plata County Sheriff's Office investigators Dan Patterson at 970-382-7015 or Tom Cowing 970-382-7045.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22317583/search-dylan-redwine-nears-two-months-leads-dwindle
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Dylan Redwine tips dwindle; CBI processes evidence in case

Posted: 01/05/2013
Last Updated: 5 hours ago

DURANGO, Colo. - The Dylan Redwine Task Force is continuing its investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine.

~Snipped~

As tips and other information become available, some are assigned to other Task Force members which include investigators from Durango Police Department, Bayfield Marshal’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

~Snipped~

Some evidence sent to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation has been processed and returned to La Plata County Sheriff’s Office. Information regarding that evidence will not be released since the investigation remains active.

Family members continue to cooperate with investigators.

Read more:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/dylan-redwine-tips-dwindle-cbi-processes-evidence-in-case
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Reward Money for Missing Teen Increases to $30,450

by KREX News Room
by Kristina Kuestner

Story Created: Jan 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM MST
(Story Updated: Jan 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM MST )

DURANGO, Colo.- Attempts to find missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine continue and the reward for any information leading to his whereabouts increases in size once more.

The reward money has increased to $30,450.

According to the Durango Herald, online auctions, donations, fundraisers, and the sale of bracelets and ribbons have increased the reward.

Read more:

http://www.krextv.com/news/around-the-region/Reward-Money-For-Missing-Teen-Increases-to-30450-186260182.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dylan Redwine, 13, Missing From Vallecito, Colorado Since November 19, 2012. - Page 3 580532_579561698737104_79823494_n

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Redwine family pleas for answers in son's disappearance

Jaclyn Rostie, Reporter

POSTED: 10:36 PM MST Jan 09, 2013
UPDATED: 10:40 PM MST Jan 09, 2013

(VIDEO)

MONUMENT, Colo. - As the days turn into weeks and months, the family of Dylan Redwine said it's still hard to believe. "It's an emotion you can't describe," said Elaine Redwine.

Dylan went missing from his father's Vallecito home during a court-ordered visit on Nov. 19.

Mark Redwine said he left Dylan at home to run some errands and the boy was gone when he returned.

"I never thought I'd be sitting here 52 days later, still no word ... never in a million years thought that would happen," said Elaine Redwine.

Dylan's older brother, Cory, said he went on many trips to see his dad. "We never had any reason to think something would go wrong," he said.

But now, Cory and Elaine said they have many unanswered questions.

Read more:

http://www.krdo.com/news/Redwine-family-pleas-for-answers-in-son-s-disappearance/-/417220/18076238/-/npdmtsz/-/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Family Of Missing Teen Not Giving Up Hope

Reporter: David Nancarrow

Posted: Wed 10:41 PM, Jan 09, 2013
Updated: Thu 5:25 AM, Jan 10, 2013

(VIDEO)

Crews continue their search for 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, who disappeared nearly two months ago near the town of Vallecito, Colorado. His mother tells 11 News she’s not giving up hope he will be found.

After weeks with no word from her young son, Elaine Redwine has the same question as most do: Where is Dylan?

"I’ve always believed someone has him,” Elaine said Wednesday night. “I am pleading to whoever has him or knows what happened, let us know."

~Snipped~

“The community is what's keeping this alive," she said. “They’ve been the most instrumental part in keeping his name and face out there.”

Read more:

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Family-of-Missing-Teen-Not-Giving-up-Hope-186259192.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next