Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING

+16
Stolat
Alessandra_Deux
Lash
Tamta
snowbird
Gizmo711
KZ
stina
Julie
Estee
Trueblue
sitemama
justanopinion
KimmyK
GlaringError
DebFrmHell
20 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

NEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Empty Re: NEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING

Post by Julie Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:15 am

Lash wrote:
Julie wrote:
I could be way off here, but maybe dominant extended media coverage of these events has something to do with it? Maybe it plants ideas into the minds of people who are capable of this type of thing? They want to be the next news story. It used to be we only had about 6 or so TV channels to watch, then we got Cable TV, with 24 hour cable news channels, and then we all got computers, with computer accessible news, etc.

NEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 5368

But I did see one Newtown woman being interviewed, who sounded like she was ready for all the media to go home and let the town grieve in peace.

Reminds me of Don Henley's song, "Dirty Laundry".

Julie - We may have seen the same interview. It was with Erin Burnett on CNN. A local was saying in the first days of the shooting the community walked in the streets and embraced each other. She continued to say most locals are now staying in their homes to avoid the media because reporters are everywhere. She thanked the world for caring about Newtown but stated their community needed to grieve together. She eluded the media presence was keeping the town from gathering together in peace.

Sadly, the media cares about who is the first to report, who is the first to get whatever interview, etc...Too many times reporting inaccurately just to be the first to report on a new development. The story is not going away. Let the true facts come out and then report. I don't doubt the reporters covering the story care, but let these people grieve in peace.

Lash - yeah, I think that was the same interview. I remember her saying too that when she walked through that part of the town, she didn't recognize anyone...because they were all media.

Then the next night, the same reporter, Burnett, was still there interviewing even more people. (Didn't take the hint.)

I can see if the families want to be interviewed, or show their child's picture, or tell stories about their child, fine. But it seems like the media is wearing out its welcome.

And they all want to get that #1 heartbreaking picture or interview.

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:28 am

My kids were shocked to hear that when hubby & I were kids the school doors were unlocked all day for visitors.

They asked “What about the bad guy outside?”

That was sad because there were no bad guys outside then or not as many, to the point that schools didn’t have to lock their doors.

Its sad that in today’s world it is automatically assumed/known by school kids that there is a bad guy outside.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:30 am

Freckles wrote:Re the theory the killer may have been wanting to avoid a confrontation with the older--- bigger, taller--- students, I disagree. After all, he killed 6 adult teachers. I don't think he was thinking let alone being rational. Just systematic in his shooting.

IF we want to know what triggered his actions, we NEED to hear from his father, his brother, and those in contact with his mother. His computer may be helpful but not necessarily. A note? But that isn't available. A cell phone? Maybe.

I can not imagine his brother, Ryan not seeing his brother for TWO years? Why? What triggered that?

Oh. Early on, it was reported a fe/male had been found dead in an apartment in the community Ryan lived in. Why no more on that? It had been speculated it was the mother until she was found dead in Newtown. So who was this other death? And where were the other "friends" who were reportedly missing, a male and a female? Perhaps, since they were found and alive, they might be able to tell us something re the killer.

The father NOR Ryan have seen Adam since 2010, Adam cut off ALL communication w/his father so unless they provided information from 2 years ago, they wouldn't know about the current living situation, Nancy imo, was so private she might not have shared information w/Adam's dad for a multitude of reasons, onr being Adam had cut off all contact. Too, Nancy got close to $ 300,000.00 per year in alimony, she might have thought she could pay/address Adam's problems on her own, just speculating. Nancy had friends there at a local bar in which she picked up food and had a beer on occasion with those that frequented the bar, but a male friend said "Nancy was very guarded and private about the situation w/Adam" although "she did share he had problems and was a challenge."

I wouldn't be surprised if Nancy DID NOT have Adam under a Dr.'s care and on medication, that's unfortunate if it turns out to be the situation, he no doubt spiraled out of control for many reasons we may never know.

It seems Nancy was close to a sister in law that lives near her,
she has provided most of the information we know about the current relationship between Nancy/Adam. Those that step forward that went to school w/Adam years ago, at least since he was 17, and he was 20 when he died, UNLESS they were in contact with Adam, they imo, may be speculating. Adam was just learning to drive, he too appears, imo, to have been anti-social in addition to several other challenges.

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:48 am

Julie wrote:My kids were shocked to hear that when hubby & I were kids the school doors were unlocked all day for visitors.

They asked “What about the bad guy outside?”

That was sad because there were no bad guys outside then or not as many, to the point that schools didn’t have to lock their doors.

Its sad that in today’s world it is automatically assumed/known by school kids that there is a bad guy outside.

It is very interesting Julie that your children were shocked. I found it interesting that this school had just installed the buzzer system 2 years ago according to one of the reports. I wonder if all the schools have security now? I do not believe that our local school has security as there is a note on the doorway that says visitors must report to the office. Although for obvious reasons I did not call to ask!! Very Happy
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:27 pm

I made an error. I meant to say, "TheY need to get a grip," not you.
Nothing wrong with your thinking or your statements.

" justanopinion wrote:I again am appalled by the Media... maybe it is just my twisted sense of right and wrong.."
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Freckles wrote:I made an error. I meant to say, "TheY need to get a grip," not you.
Nothing wrong with your thinking or your statements.

" justanopinion wrote:I again am appalled by the Media... maybe it is just my twisted sense of right and wrong.."

Very Happy @Freckles we usually are somewhat on the same page ... figured it had to be something!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:17 pm

I am speechless.....

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/high-powered-rifle-twobyfour-sandy-hook-school-virginia-155825050.html

A man carrying a two-by-four that was labeled "High Powered Rifle" was arrested at Sandy Hook Elementary School in northern Virginia on Wednesday, five days after a gunman killed 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., in one of the deadliest mass shootings in U.S. history.
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:43 pm

In time, I would like to hear what Nancy's sister-in-law has to say, as well as the older son, Ryan, and Peter, the former husband and father of the perp.

Right now, however, I really want for these family's to have some peace and quiet. Let the community slowly begin to get back on its feet.
There is no "healing" IMO.
There is moving on. Daily chores being done. Hugs and embraces, bedtime stories for other children. Returning to jobs. Planning for next summer's welcome vacations.
For now, let them have peace and be able to grieve. There is plenty of time to ask the questions later.

Something not addressed:
Not all these children were of the same faith or religious practice.
There were Catholics and protestants and there were Jewish children among those slain. For some, they were waiting Christmas and others were in the midst of their holy days of Hanukkah. The holidays, however, were ripped asunder for every family in the community and never will the innocence of the holidays be recalled in the same way whether it be the miracle of the birth of Jesus or the miracle of the lights.

NEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 643974
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Freckles wrote:In time, I would like to hear what Nancy's sister-in-law has to say, as well as the older son, Ryan, and Peter, the former husband and father of the perp.

Right now, however, I really want for these family's to have some peace and quiet. Let the community slowly begin to get back on its feet.
There is no "healing" IMO.
There is moving on. Daily chores being done. Hugs and embraces, bedtime stories for other children. Returning to jobs. Planning for next summer's welcome vacations.
For now, let them have peace and be able to grieve. There is plenty of time to ask the questions later.

Something not addressed:
Not all these children were of the same faith or religious practice.
There were Catholics and protestants and there were Jewish children among those slain. For some, they were waiting Christmas and others were in the midst of their holy days of Hanukkah. The holidays, however, were ripped asunder for every family in the community and never will the innocence of the holidays be recalled in the same way whether it be the miracle of the birth of Jesus or the miracle of the lights.

NEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 643974

spot on!! Suspect
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:27 pm

According to this, he DID attend Sandy Hook School as a child.

--------

Exclusive: Adam Lanza Class Photo From Sandy Hook Elementary

(see class photo)

Airdate: 12/20/2012

It's the first photo of madman Adam Lanza when he was an innocent, 8-year-old student at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

He stands in front of his teacher, Mrs. Macinnes with 17 other students in this second grade class picture taken in 2000.

There's no outward sign that he is a deeply disturbed child who would one day return to his school with guns blazing and plunge the whole of America into mourning.

Read more:
http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/5542-exclusive-adam-lanza-class-photo-from-sandy-hook-elementary
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:33 am

'I am the devil': Former classmate reveals school gunman had 'online devil worshiping page' as childhood barber recounts how he never spoke and just stared at floors

•Medical examiner enlists help of geneticist to see if there is a biological reason behind massacre
•Newtown resident raises possibility that Adam Lanza, 20, was angry and may have snapped over mother's possible plans to commit him
•Nancy Lanza, 52, was shot to death in her own bed by her son before the Sandy Hook killings
•Lanza killed 20 children and six adults in the school before killing himself as police closed in

By Meghan Keneally and Rachel Quigley

PUBLISHED: 11:53 EST, 19 December 2012 | UPDATED: 12:12 EST, 20 December 2012

NEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Article-0-16924570000005DC-801_306x423
Time was running out: Nancy Lanza was searching for other places to have her son Adam educated and traveled all over the world to find something suitable

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2250661/Adam-Lanza-haircut-Barber-recounts-spoke-classmate-reveals-online-devil-worship-page.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:59 am

The gunman who slaughtered 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school may have snapped because his mother was planning to commit him to a psychiatric facility, according to a lifelong resident of the area who was familiar with the killer’s family and several of the victims’ families.

“From what I've been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed," Flashman told FoxNews.com. "Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off.”

A senior law enforcement official involved in the investigation confirmed that Lanza's anger at his mother over plans for “his future mental health treatment” is being looked at as a possible motive for the deadly shooting.

"He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry."

- Joshua Flashman, Newtown resident familiar with Lanza family. Flashman was told Nancy Lanza had begun filing paperwork to get conservatorship over her troubled son, but that could not be confirmed because a court official told FoxNews.com such records are sealed.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/fear-being-committed-may-have-caused-connecticut-madman-to-snap/#ixzz2FfBfkGlA

KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:02 am

Flashman also connected Adam Lanza to Sandy Hook Elementary School; Nancy was close friends with the school’s principal and psychologist, whom he murdered. She also reportedly worked with first graders and kindergarteners at the school. Flashman explained: “Adam Lanza believed she cared more for the children than she did for him, and the reason he probably thought this [was because] she was petitioning for conservatorship and wanted to have him committed. I could understand how he might perceive that – that his mom loved him less than she loved the kids, loved the school. But she did love him. But he was a troubled kid and she probably just couldn’t take care of him by herself anymore.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/18/Report-Fox-News-Flashman-Lanza-committed
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:11 am

Right now, there is a lot of supposition being translated into fact. Even by those in the community who are stating, I believe, I heard, I understand. Many of these individuals are only trying to fill in the missing gaps, to be helpful by repeating what someone else has said MIGHT be the explanations. Like that telephone game we all played in elementary school where we would whisper something to our neighbor and then, twenty people later, when the last whisper was said aloud, we would discover what was originally said. And the two would never match.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:42 am

Poorly written media story by CBS.
A question is asked in the title and NOT ONCE is the question even addressed in the article.

What is on Adam Lanza’s hard drive?

http://wtvr.com/2012/12/18/what-is-on-adam-lanzas-hard-drive/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:46 am

'Best friend' of Sandy Hook victim says goodbye with touching letter

http://now.msn.com/jack-pinto-sent-touching-letter-by-best-friend-john?ocid=ansnow11

https://mobile.twitter.com/Yamiche/status/281051007172112384/photo/1

Sad
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:53 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:'I am the devil': Former classmate reveals school gunman had 'online devil worshiping page' as childhood barber recounts how he never spoke and just stared at floors

•Medical examiner enlists help of geneticist to see if there is a biological reason behind massacre
•Newtown resident raises possibility that Adam Lanza, 20, was angry and may have snapped over mother's possible plans to commit him
•Nancy Lanza, 52, was shot to death in her own bed by her son before the Sandy Hook killings
•Lanza killed 20 children and six adults in the school before killing himself as police closed in

By Meghan Keneally and Rachel Quigley

PUBLISHED: 11:53 EST, 19 December 2012 | UPDATED: 12:12 EST, 20 December 2012

NEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Article-0-16924570000005DC-801_306x423
Time was running out: Nancy Lanza was searching for other places to have her son Adam educated and traveled all over the world to find something suitable

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2250661/Adam-Lanza-haircut-Barber-recounts-spoke-classmate-reveals-online-devil-worship-page.html

This link also has a group picture of the 1st grade class in which 14 of the 15 children died.

Sad
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:04 am

The sounds of silence: Church bells toll 26 times to honor Newtown victims

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/21/16045403-the-sounds-of-silence-church-bells-toll-26-times-to-honor-newtown-victims?lite

NEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bell

Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:59 am

Julie wrote:The sounds of silence: Church bells toll 26 times to honor Newtown victims

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/21/16045403-the-sounds-of-silence-church-bells-toll-26-times-to-honor-newtown-victims?lite

NEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bellNEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 Ringing-bell

Julie - I continue to be overwhelmed with sadness and questions. Thinking about the loss the families are feeling is still too overwhelming to even imagine.

I read last night that as of yet, Adam's remains had not been claimed but Nancy has been buried in the town her brother lives in. Her brother is a retired Police Captain.

Julie - up thread you mentioned Adam attended Sandy Hook, that is correct, I read it a few days ago in an interview Adam's Aunt gave to a reporter, she is the one so far, it appears, as someone that may have been closest to Nancy and living near her and provided most of the credible facts as to Adam's relationship with the rest of the family. imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:16 am

Freckles wrote:Right now, there is a lot of supposition being translated into fact. Even by those in the community who are stating, I believe, I heard, I understand. Many of these individuals are only trying to fill in the missing gaps, to be helpful by repeating what someone else has said MIGHT be the explanations. Like that telephone game we all played in elementary school where we would whisper something to our neighbor and then, twenty people later, when the last whisper was said aloud, we would discover what was originally said. And the two would never match.

Freckles - This makes me furious, ANYTHING to participate or contribute, BUT, MUCH of this information is not fact. It irritates me that class mates of Adam's from 3 years ago are giving interviews, they can ONLY truthfully share their experience in school w/Adam ESPECIALLY if they have not talked to Adam in over 3 years, which many have said in interviews.

This story is horrific enough without rumor, gossip, being reported as if it were a fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 am

NRA CEO Lapierre is attacking the media -

-He mentions there is an online game called "Kindergarten Killers" that has been online for 10 years (screenshot shown of video). He asks why his research team could find it but the media couldn't find it or didn't want anyone to know they found it?

-Media acts as silent enablers if not complicit co-conspirators. The media demonizes lawful gun owners and fills the national media with misinformation and dishonest thinking.

-Protester interrupts NRA news conference.

Lapierre - "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Lapierre - "Why is the idea of a gun good when it is used to protect the president of our country or our police, but bad when it is used to protect our children in our schools?"

Last edited by Lash on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additions)
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:43 am

Lash wrote:Lapierre - "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Lapierre - "Why is the idea of a gun good when it is used to protect the president of our country or our police, but bad when it is used to protect our children in our schools?"

Lash - the security guards at most schools don't even pack MACE but most do have cell phones to call 911, as seen at Sandy Hook, precious children continued to be murdered UNTIL 911 arrived.

imo, a gun locked in an office safe to be accessed by office personnel or security guards may be the only way to prevent a situation like this again. Medications for students are kept in a safe in the office already. IF anyone could have accessed a gun quickly and shot back at Adam, the death toll would have been lowered. imo, Adam always planned to take his own life, he might have taken it sooner. Guns are only one aspect imo of those committing evil, those hell bent on taken the innocent have countless ways of murdering, as experienced by American's on 911, the Oklahoma bombing by a home grown terrorist. The list goes on.

Paul Simon sung "Sound of Silence" at Teacher Soto's funeral and this morning there was the "Sound of Silence" observed by thousands. The words are appropriate.

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:55 am

Family holds private memorial service for Nancy Lanza at the New Hampshire home where she grew up - but her killer son's body 'remains unclaimed'

Nancy Lanza, 52, mother of the Sandy Hook gunman

Nancy Lanza, was remembered in Kingston, New Hampshire, where her brother still lives

Not clear whether there was also a funeral or if she has been buried

Peter Lanza, Adam's father, is believed to be in hiding

He and Adam's brother had not been in contact with Adam for several years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2251122/Nancy-Lanza-buried-New-Hampshire-revealed-Adam-wanted-Marine-wouldnt-let-him.html#ixzz2FiKo51DI

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:14 pm

I want to share a RECENT terrifying experience.

It wasn't at 3am, it was 3pm and it was crashing glass. It was an intruder breaking my basement window. This happened after he attempted to gain access through both the front and back doors. He also slashed a screen in an attempt to open a bedroom window. This happened while I WAS HOME and ALONE!

I dialed 911. I then had to use the safety measures I had prepared for many times in the past. I won't go into great detail. If I had not had protection, I might not be here today writing this post. I was a good gal with a gun who stopped a bad guy.

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Lash wrote:I want to share a RECENT terrifying experience.

It wasn't at 3am, it was 3pm and it was crashing glass. It was an intruder breaking my basement window. This happened after he attempted to gain access through both the front and back doors. He also slashed a screen in an attempt to open a bedroom window. This happened while I WAS HOME and ALONE!

I dialed 911. I then had to use the safety measures I had prepared for many times in the past. I won't go into great detail. If I had not had protection, I might not be here today writing this post. I was a good gal with a gun who stopped a bad guy.

Years ago, my gf was home alone in the day time coping with something called "Burger's Disease" and she was completely bedridden. (IIRC, this painful disease attacks the vascular system in the legs. Her legs were losing blood circulation and she was facing amputation.) Her doorbell rang repeatedly. She knew the mail man would drop a note in her box telling of a delivery the next day as she had told him she needed time to get onto crutches and get the door. When the doorbell ringing did not stop, she started crawling toward the door as it would be faster than dealing with the crutches. The bedroom next to the drive had a huge plate glass window and her son's school trophies were in the window. The plate glass was shattered and trophies went flying. Sharon grabbed her husband's gun and pulled herself up right at the doorway. Then she leaned around the corner aiming the gun at the window. The man was just starting into the window. When he saw her, he dropped a tire iron and RAN! She called the police, her husband at work, and her insurance agent. Had she not had the gun or been just a few seconds later, she could have been a victim. BTW, she would have shot and she is a good aim.

When I was a teen, I pulled a gun on a "stranger" who was standing in my bedroom watching me sleep. In my sleep, I got that feeling someone was watching me. I rolled over and pulled the rifle out from under my bed. Directing the gun at him, I asked him what he wanted; I then told him to wait in the living room. By the time I got there, he was pulling out of the drive. Turns out, it was a male friend my mother invited to the home that morning; she, however, had gone to a neighbor's and left the door unlocked.

Who is to take care of you while you are waiting for 911 to arrive?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:09 pm

When our elected officials are willing to give up their armed security guards, willing to give up their home security systems, willing to give up their own guns, maybe, then we will talk.

The only papers Obama needs placed on his desk right now is the Bill of Rights. Not even the entire USA Constitution. As a Constitutional lawyer, he should need nothing more. As a Senator and now our President, he who swore to uphold our Constitution, for him to attempt to disregard or alter the Constitution, IMO, is treasonous.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:06 pm

art tart wrote:Family holds private memorial service for Nancy Lanza at the New Hampshire home where she grew up - but her killer son's body 'remains unclaimed'

Nancy Lanza, 52, mother of the Sandy Hook gunman

Nancy Lanza, was remembered in Kingston, New Hampshire, where her brother still lives

Not clear whether there was also a funeral or if she has been buried

Peter Lanza, Adam's father, is believed to be in hiding

He and Adam's brother had not been in contact with Adam for several years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2251122/Nancy-Lanza-buried-New-Hampshire-revealed-Adam-wanted-Marine-wouldnt-let-him.html#ixzz2FiKo51DI
Probably the same:

http://news.yahoo.com/few-memorials-forgotten-victim-gunmans-mother-074052159.html;_ylt=AkB.K3YJ5r_wYLip0IgEMY_EeOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTUwYzVzZ2kyBGNjb2RlA2N0LmMEbWl0A0FydGljbGUgTW9zdCBQb3B1bGFyBHBrZwNiNzUxYTcxZi05Y2UzLTNiZjAtOTcyNy1hZWExYTZkNDRkZDQEcG9zAzUEc2VjA01lZGlhQkxpc3RNaXhlZE1vc3RQb3B1bGFyQ0FUZW1wBHZlcgM3MTcxNzU4Mi00Yjg5LTExZTItYTVmZi0yM2YzZGM2Y2RjZTY-;_ylg=X3oDMTM0dGk0c3E0BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDMDRhODU2ODQtODY2My0zN2QzLWFmOTYtZDM2NDhmNGVkZDA3BHBzdGNhdANibG9nc3x0aGVzaWRlc2hvdwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:48 pm

NRA Press Conference: Wayne LaPierre Calls For Armed Police Officers At Every School

Posted: 12/21/2012 11:40 am EST | Updated: 12/21/2012 12:43 pm EST

(VIDEO)

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, The ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON -- The nation's largest gun-rights lobby is calling for armed police officers to be posted in every American school to stop the next killer "waiting in the wings."

The National Rifle Association broke its silence Friday on last week's shooting rampage at a Connecticut elementary school that left 26 children and staff dead.

The group's top lobbyist, Wayne LaPierre, said at a Washington news conference that "the next Adam Lanza," the man responsible for last week's mayhem, is planning an attack on another school.

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/nra-press-conference_n_2346382.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D249145
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Newtown Observes Moment Of Silence One Week After Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

By KATIE ZEZIMA 12/21/12 08:22 PM ET EST

NEWTOWN, Conn. — As the nation paused to mark a week since the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School, new details emerged Friday about the gunman, Adam Lanza, who acquaintances said was able to take apart and reassemble a computer in a matter of minutes but rarely spoke to anyone.

In high school, Lanza used to slither through the hallways, awkwardly pressing himself against the wall while wearing the same green shirt and khaki pants every day. He hardly ever talked to classmates and once gave a presentation entirely by computer, never uttering a single word.

"As long as I knew him, he never really spoke," said Daniel Frost, who took a computer class with Lanza and remembered his skill with electronics.

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/newtown-moment-of-silence_n_2345503.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D249159
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:57 pm

Four dead, three police hurt in Pennsylvania shootings

By Drew Singer

PHILADELPHIA | Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:53pm EST

(Reuters) - A man with a pistol fatally shot three people on Friday in rural western Pennsylvania, one of them in a church, before he was killed in a shootout with state troopers as he tried to flee in a pickup truck, authorities said.

Three state troopers also were injured in their confrontation with the gunman in Frankstown Township, about 100 miles east of Pittsburgh, shortly after 9 a.m. EST (1400 GMT), state police said.

The violence in Pennsylvania unfolded as bells tolled and many Americans were observing a moment of silence for the 20 children and six adults shot to death one week ago by a gunman at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

Read more:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/22/us-usa-shooting-pennsylvania-idUSBRE8BK0Y520121222
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:03 am

Gun group NRA calls for armed guards at all schools

NEWTOWN CONN. SCHOOL SHOOTING - Page 5 ?m=02&d=20121221&t=2&i=687107522&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CBRE8BK1C3K00
Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President of the National Rifle Association (NRA), speaks during a news conference in Washington December 21, 2012.
Credit: Reuters/Joshua Roberts

(Reuters) - The National Rifle Association, the powerful U.S. gun lobby group, on Friday called for armed guards at every U.S. school and rejected the notion that curbs on weapons would protect children in the wake of last week's Connecticut school massacre.

In a rare press briefing, NRA Chief Executive Wayne LaPierre gave an impassioned speech that blamed the media for glorifying violence and perpetuating the idea that tighter gun restrictions would reduce mass shootings.

"They perpetuate the dangerous notion that one more gun ban — or one more law imposed on peaceful, lawful people — will protect us where 20,000 others have failed," LaPierre said at the event at a hotel near the White House.

Read more:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/21/us-usa-guns-nra-idUSBRE8BK0S520121221
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:10 am

Gun-control advocates blast NRA statement

Elizabeth Weise, USA TODAY | 6:20p.m. EST December 21, 2012

One activist warns of a tsunami of angry moms

Gun-control advocates reacted with incredulity at the statements by Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association, at his Friday press conference. LaPierre called for armed guards in every school in the nation and blamed violent media, video games, films and music videos, not guns, for violence in society.

"It was absolutely outrageous,' said Shannon Watts, who founded One Million Moms for Gun Control just five days ago. "They are about to see a tsunami of 84 million angry moms coming out at them. Angry moms like they have never seen before. We are going to do for gun control what Mothers Against Drunk Driving did for drunk drivers."

Read more:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/21/nra-gun-control-newton-shooting/1784457/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:21 am

."New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the NRA offered "a paranoid, dystopian vision" of a more violent country. "While they promote armed guards, they continue to oppose the most basic and common sense steps we can take to save lives - not only in schools, but in our movie theaters, malls, and streets," he said in a statement."

Reuters
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:27 am

In response to Conn. deaths, NRA proposes armed guards for every school

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." -- Wayne LaPierre, National Rifle Association

December 22, 2012 12:10 am

~Snipped~

The NRA was emphatic in stating its desire to stock the nation's halls of learning with armed security -- and its belief that doing so would have made a critical difference at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

But just as loud and clear was an assortment of Pennsylvania politicians, educators and anti-violence activists who rejected the notion as out of step, irresponsible and narrow-minded.

"I think the NRA is completely out of touch with the sentiment in America and Pennsylvania," said Shira Goodman, executive director of CeaseFirePA, an anti-gun violence group.

"Their solution that the answer to the problem is more guns especially in our schools seems so out of step with what people are talking about that, frankly, I can't believe this is what they came out with and did at a national press conference."

Read more:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/news/us/in-response-to-conn-deaths-nra-proposes-armed-guards-for-every-school-667399/#ixzz2Fqo5889H
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:40 am

What Not To Do: The NRA’s unhinged call for armed guards in every school

~Snipped~

“With all the foreign aid the United States does, with all the money in the federal budget, can’t we afford to put a police officer in every single school?” asked LaPierre.” “Even if they did that, politicians have no business and no authority denying us the right, the ability, and the moral imperative to protect ourselves and our loved ones from harm.”

The NRA’s cops-in-schools plan would cost a minimum of $5.4 billion to implement, according to Slate’s Matt Yglesias, though that figure doesn’t include the cost of benefits. We can’t wait to hear the reaction of small-government conservatives like Grover Norquist, the anti-spending warrior who serves on the NRA’s board. Either way, the proposal is a complete red herring — since the presence of armed security guards didn’t stop shootings at Columbine High School and Fort Hood, Texas.

LaPierre said he wanted to “start a conversation” on guns in America, but didn’t take any questions. And while the NRA press conference would have been extraordinary just on its own, the interruptions of two Code Pink protesters — with the first outburst lasting nearly a minute before the protester was hauled away — gave the event an even more unhinged nature.

Here’s the full video, in all its glory:

http://palmettopublicrecord.org/2012/12/21/what-not-to-do-the-nras-unhinged-call-for-armed-guards-in-every-school/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:55 am

Protesters disrupt NRA press conference

1:33 | December 21, 2012

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50137593n
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:21 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:."New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the NRA offered "a paranoid, dystopian vision" of a more violent country. "While they promote armed guards, they continue to oppose the most basic and common sense steps we can take to save lives - not only in schools, but in our movie theaters, malls, and streets," he said in a statement."

Reuters
IIRC, way back when: The Russians had thrown out the oppressive Tsar and his family and had set about to place a new form of government in place.So there was a call put out fer the different groups to all come together to meet peaceably. That meant, no guns were allowed. So the groups came together to discuss the future of their vast country. And while they were gathered, one group walked in and announced exactly what that future would be. And they had the guns to support their words. They were the communists who tied down Russians for the next 75 years. Stalin is who some may recall the legacy of the most.

We say we have weapons to promote peace and to ensure the rights of the people.
Wherever they may. Do we understand how it is the guy with the biggest guns gets to call the orders of the day? I do NOT want the feds to supply armed guards at the schools for that would be the point of what Hitler did. However, I DO want trained and armed teachers.

Someone has said the schools do not have armed security.
Well, in CA, many of the schools DO have uniformed and armed police departments in addition to unarmed security. And these same public schools have 12 foot barbed wire surrounding the school campuses. Every morning, the students pass through metal detectors to enter the school properties. Does it prevent problems on the campus? I don't think so. Students still injure each other. Contraband is still smuggled on the campus including fireworks "bombs". Is it working to remove the rights of the student to enter the campus unmolested? Will it work in the schools of tomorrow?

IMO, break down the size of these schools. Respect the students AND the teachers. Be patient, please. Laugh. Enjoy learning but don't punish the child for his individualism.
And do arm the teachers if they are well trained.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:48 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:

Protesters disrupt NRA press conference

1:33 | December 21, 2012

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50137593n

It was a disgrace for this man from the NRA to say such a rediculous thing. These 20 children were NOT armed, they were not the bad guys. Yet those GUNS that this guy had were gotten legally. Zimmerman got his gun leagally yet he shot an unarmed youth. What makes him think that these so called legal guns end up in the hands of only the GOOD guys.

There is absolutely NO reason for anyone having a gun that shoots a hundred rounds in 30 seconds, they are not even allowed at the range. Yet they are sold legally. Why? I own a gun, it stayes in my home for protection, I have never carried a gun in my life other that unloaded to and from the range. We do not live in the old western days, we have become more civilized than that, yet the IRA wants to bring it back. They should be boycotted, members who see them for what they really are should end their membership (I did many years ago after reading the hate mail that they sent out). How this country can allow this is beyond me. We are supposed to be a civilized country and NOT follow in the footsteps of the countries that we don't exactly look up too.

I'm sure some will find a reason why these guns should be allowed, but in reality they should not be. Twenty small children lost their lives, six educators lost their lives as well and all the NRA can say is that "the only way to stop the bad guy with a gun is by a good guy with a gun? Is he for real? Did he realize that he was discussing 26 very innocent lives that were lost to a man carrying a LEGAL machine gun?

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:25 am

Gizmo--
I see no need to have ANY gun which is a true assault weapon--- hold down the trigger and it will fire endless bullets until the magazine or the belt is emptied. I am not an advocate for the M-14 or M-16 (or newer) style of gun.
(At my age, I don't think my bones could handle the kick of that!)

Until the defense industry STOPS making a profit from those true weapons of war, I am afraid they will continue to be made. After all, the Mexican drug cartels, the Noreiga and Saddam' probably want to own the arsenal.

I wish we ALL can lay down our arms; I wish we ALL could respect children, women, elderly, minorities of all races and religions and cultures; I wish we ALL were better people. Sadly, we are not. So. One person at a time, beginning with ourselves, we need to learn more patience, more compassion for those in our homes, our families, our communities and then the world at large. Let love spread. Let us not be afraid to be seen as GENTLE people.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:43 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:NRA Press Conference: Wayne LaPierre Calls For Armed Police Officers At Every School

Posted: 12/21/2012 11:40 am EST | Updated: 12/21/2012 12:43 pm EST

(VIDEO)

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, The ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON -- The nation's largest gun-rights lobby is calling for armed police officers to be posted in every American school to stop the next killer "waiting in the wings."

The National Rifle Association broke its silence Friday on last week's shooting rampage at a Connecticut elementary school that left 26 children and staff dead.

The group's top lobbyist, Wayne LaPierre, said at a Washington news conference that "the next Adam Lanza," the man responsible for last week's mayhem, is planning an attack on another school.

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/nra-press-conference_n_2346382.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D249145

NRA's atypical silence a strategy? Really HP? In my opinion, the NRA simply understood silence was morally and respectfully the right thing to do. Geez!

Snip - The 4.3 million-member NRA largely disappeared from public debate after the shootings in Newtown, Conn., choosing atypical silence as a strategy as the nation sought answers after the rampage. The NRA temporarily took down its Facebook page and kept quiet on Twitter.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:59 am

New info on death of beauty queen, Fast and Furious:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2047904214001/fast-and-furious-guns-found-at-beauty-queens-murder-scene/?intcmp=sem_outloud
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:19 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:In response to Conn. deaths, NRA proposes armed guards for every school

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." -- Wayne LaPierre, National Rifle Association

~Snipped~

The NRA was emphatic in stating its desire to stock the nation's halls of learning with armed security -- and its belief that doing so would have made a critical difference at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

But just as loud and clear was an assortment of Pennsylvania politicians, educators and anti-violence activists who rejected the notion as out of step, irresponsible and narrow-minded.

"I think the NRA is completely out of touch with the sentiment in America and Pennsylvania," said Shira Goodman, executive director of CeaseFirePA, an anti-gun violence group.

"Their solution that the answer to the problem is more guns especially in our schools seems so out of step with what people are talking about that, frankly, I can't believe this is what they came out with and did at a national press conference."

Read more:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/news/us/in-response-to-conn-deaths-nra-proposes-armed-guards-for-every-school-667399/#ixzz2Fqo5889H

Evil vs law abiding gun owners?

Snip - But Michael LaPorte, a Pittsburgh police sergeant and president of the police union, embraced the idea of armed law enforcement officers in schools.

"I would feel very comfortable with a trained professional police officer at my son's school, my daughter's school, absolutely," Sgt. LaPorte said. "A trained police officer would be the first line of defense to put a stop to that hideous killing that occurred. Who knows what would have been prevented, how many lives could have been saved?"

"Every school should have armed security because you never know where these psychopaths are going to manifest themselves," said Kim Stolfer, legislative chairman of the Allegheny County Sportsmen's League, with 21,000 members.

Mr. Stolfer said his group has lobbied state and federal legislators for years to add armed, trained security in schools, and he termed the NRA's announcement overdue.

"An unarmed security guard is nothing more than a target with two legs," Mr. Stolfer said. But an armed guard, he added, "that would present a line of defense against the evil that some in our society demonstrate."

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:41 am

In the many media articles written about the NRA press conference yesterday you won't see many if any that include this statement by NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre.

"Ladies and gentlemen, there is no national, one-size-fits-all solution to protecting our children. But do know this President zeroed out school emergency planning grants in last year's budget, and scrapped "Secure Our Schools" policing grants in next year's budget."
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:35 am

Lash wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:In response to Conn. deaths, NRA proposes armed guards for every school

~Snipped~

Read more:

Evil vs law abiding gun owners?

Snip - But Michael LaPorte, a Pittsburgh police sergeant and president of the police union, embraced the idea of armed law enforcement officers in schools.

"I would feel very comfortable with a trained professional police officer at my son's school, my daughter's school, absolutely," Sgt. LaPorte said. "A trained police officer would be the first line of defense to put a stop to that hideous killing that occurred. Who knows what would have been prevented, how many lives could have been saved?"

"Every school should have armed security because you never know where these psychopaths are going to manifest themselves," said Kim Stolfer, legislative chairman of the Allegheny County Sportsmen's League, with 21,000 members.

Mr. Stolfer said his group has lobbied state and federal legislators for years to add armed, trained security in schools, and he termed the NRA's announcement overdue.

"An unarmed security guard is nothing more than a target with two legs," Mr. Stolfer said. But an armed guard, he added, "that would present a line of defense against the evil that some in our society demonstrate."

Lash - I agree with your thoughts. The NRA takes the heat on every situation involving guns. The problem is imo, there is absolutely no way to recognize evil. If people don't like the laws, they should bombard their legislator's with complaints, petitions, signatures, imo, many want changes, but not if the changes affect their lives. Is anyone NOT informed about "Fast and Furious" in which the ATF sold guns to the Cartels in Mexico and one of the guns was used to murder an ATF agent? Eric Holder is still refusing to give the investigator's the copy of the letter from the "whistle blower" that informed him.

There are so many guns in the public domain imo, the Gov't might be successful in making it harder for those wanting to buy guns, but since guns are used for hunting and protection, it would seem it would be difficult to ban all guns, that is not likely to happen in my life time. What about ALL the guns in the public domain now?

Gun sales are at a record high since the murders in Newton.
Most stores are sold out.
Gun permits for carrying a consealed weapon in Fla. has exceeded over 1 million people, that does not include the public that owns guns but do not carry them on their person.

The violent video game "kindergarten killer's" has rarely been mentioned but reports from family said "Adam stayed in his room playing violent video games all day long". The gun violence prevalent in movies making actor's rich nor is violent rap lyrics hardly mentioned, why? Because some outspoken actor's or actresses in this case aren't willing to address it, even curb the violence, because they make their $$$$$$$ due to violence. Notice how this is never addressed? The actors/rappers have lobbyists, just like the gun lobbyist.

Guns are one aspect but there are many that have an impact imo on those unstable, in this case, Adam Lancer. IF there had been a gun on the school campus, even in a locked safe in the office, imo, the death toll would have been less. For those that don't understand this, shout out to you, take it from me, I worked in our schools and they have ALWAYS been unprotected from evil, and they will remain imo. Those, imo, hell bent on murdering the innocent are always going to have a means to do so. Some schools even have medal detectors and they are successful at times in securing a knife or a gun from an elementary or middle schooler, a medal detector wouldn't have made one bit of difference to Adam Lancer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Lash wrote:In the many media articles written about the NRA press conference yesterday you won't see many if any that include this statement by NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre.

"Ladies and gentlemen, there is no national, one-size-fits-all solution to protecting our children. But do know this President zeroed out school emergency planning grants in last year's budget, and scrapped "Secure Our Schools" policing grants in next year's budget."
Can't find the link now. I had read Obama stating he has NOT once taken a vacation in the last FOUR years! Huh?
News today: Obama is heading to Hawaii with his family for holiday vacation.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:51 pm

at said: " Is anyone NOT informed about "Fast and Furious" in which the ATF sold guns to the Cartels in Mexico and one of the guns was used to murder an ATF agent? Eric Holder is still refusing to give the investigator's the copy of the letter from the "whistle blower" that informed him."

Is the whistle blower still alive? One has to wonder.
Eric Holder is dirty. No different than any other violent lawbreaker intent on conspiracy except the levels he plays at are very high up in the gov't And, Obama is protecting him!

I have always wondered: When people turn in their guns for a few hundred bucks, are these melted down OR are they simply resold? If they are resold, I would be concerned the original gun owner MIGHT get blamed for a later crime committed by someone the gun was sold to.

It is a gov't fueled racket, IMO.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:35 pm

The United Way of Western Connecticut said the official fund for donations had $2.6 million in it Saturday morning. Others sent envelopes stuffed with cash to pay for coffee, and a shipment of cupcakes arrived from a gourmet bakery in Beverly Hills, Calif.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/conn-town-mourning-inundated-gifts-money-18044775#.UNYkem_omk0

I truly hope this money bets to the 26 families from the school and the one person that was shot in the foot. Money doesn't mend a broken heart or replace a loved one, but it can pay for the unexpected funerals all the families had. The money too, hopefully, in time when the families are up to it, can afford the families the opportunity to pay for long term therapy if they need it. I can't imagine they wouldn't, in times of a death, especially of children, answers and understanding are going to be sought for years.

I followed the money trail in the Batman shooting in which kind American's made generous donations totaling over $ 5 million. Appalling, the fund that had been set up, immediately gave $ 10,000.00 checks to many nn profits. The Fund wanted to know WHAT the families needed the money for, as if those that buried victim's needed to explain anything, for those lying in the hospital for long term care, for those left paralyzed needed to validate their expenses, OUTRAGEOUS. The families had to get an attorney to SUE the fund holding DONATIONS intended for the families. A mediator was brought in to divvy up the monies, he made decisions on the one's that suffered the most, the deaths, those that have life long injuries and can't work, those that require long term hospitalization and therapy. OUTRAGEOUS and exposed.

Still praying for Sandy Hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:19 am

'I am a victim, I lost my mom and brother': Sandy Hook shooter's brother speaks out about his grief after the massacre!

Ryan Lanza posted two photos on Facebook over the weekend, one of his brother Adam and one of his mother Nancy- who was the first victim in the shooting spree- with emotional messages in the captions.

'I will miss you bro. I will always love you as long as I live,' he wrote under a picture of a then-teenaged Adam.
A similar sentiment went out to his mother, for whom he said 'I miss you mom. I love you so much. You will always be in my heart.'

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252480/I-victim-I-lost-mom-brother-Sandy-Hook-shooters-brother-speaks-grief-massacre.html#ixzz2FtcYVG86

Sad. No doubt Ryan feels unconditional love for Adam and Ryan seemed to have a close relationship with his mom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:22 pm

at:
I don't know how close the two brothers could be in Ryan had not seen his brother in over 2 years. Missed occasions, IMO. And that may have led to a sense of isolation for the younger brother. But it is not like they lived hundreds of miles apart.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:52 pm

Freckles wrote:at:
I don't know how close the two brothers could be in Ryan had not seen his brother in over 2 years. Missed occasions, IMO. And that may have led to a sense of isolation for the younger brother. But it is not like they lived hundreds of miles apart.

Freckles - I guess I was thinking of "unconditional love" that families share, regardless that it had been 2 years, Ryan still loved Adam as he should imo.

I read an article last night with the teacher that had taught Adam UNTIL he started taking college courses. She stated Adam got his GED so he could attend College. Too, Adam was in a T-Building n campus, ALONE, he did not want to be with the other student's. The goal for Nancy, Adam's mother, and Adam's teacher was to just get him inside the main building. She confirmed he did have "Asperger's Syndrome as well as OCD. The teacher stated he would clean the desks in the T-building before sitting down to do his work.

Adam had challenges and ALL school systems have to provide an education for that student and make ANY accommodations needed for the student to become more successful. It sounded like an objective the school staff, teacher, and psychologist were working on to get Adam to come into a regular classroom setting with other students, but he protested and was in a room ALL BY HIMSELF. The teacher said she had never seen Adam aggressive or violent.

The teacher was friends with Nancy and took some of the trips to the Day Spa with her, attended ball games, etc. The teacher had kept in touch with Nancy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next