Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #4

+22
WeeBonnie
sitemama
lostyou
Yknot
Trueblue
Bo
Mylife101
CuriousPortlander
hello clarice
Moosiesmama
carlakay
Puzzler
18thcenturylady
Calypso
justanopinion
olivier57
Bat Woman
Weeziethm
tesstruhart
Freckles
Bmore
Mari 68
26 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #4

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:13 am

I think JM should use masking tape to mark out the bathroom and hallway in the area of the court where he paces back and forth and demonstrate with a prop body what she did to TA and while he's doing it have a slide show on the screen with each picture timed to go off perfectly during his re-inactment..
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #4

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:45 am

I know some folks have no interest in Statement Analysis and some folks do.

If you have no interest, please disregard the Link. Scroll past this comment. We do not want this to become a pro/con discussion about Statement Analysis.

Brief article and numerous comments:

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/will-jodi-get-away-with-murder.html
Statement Analysis -- 2/27/13

Will Jodi Get Away With Murder?
by Peter Hyatt

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #4 - Page 11 Jodi-arias-photo-5
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:55 am

For those who have not seen this video:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50139320n
CBS News (48 Hours) 1-19-13

Picture Perfect: The trial of Jodi Arias

Accused killer Jodi Arias told all to "48 Hours" ... now her
words are evidence in her life-or-death trial.
Maureen Maher reports.

~~~~~

There are over 200 comments. If interested in reading the comments, you can click on comments below the video box at the CBS site!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:58 am

Just like the Caylee case... why would you make an accident/self defense look like a murder and do everything you can to conceal it and make it point away from you?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:55 am

Bmore wrote:Just like the Caylee case... why would you make an accident/self defense look like a murder and do everything you can to conceal it and make it point away from you?
You are so right Bmore, however, let us never forget it worked for the child murderer.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:09 am

I know, it still makes me sick... But I hope if anything comes out of Caylee dying in vain it's that jurors will take their jobs more seriously. 9 times out of 10 you're not going to have a video of the crime taking place so use your common sense and put the bricks together to build the wall...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:13 am

tesstruhart wrote:
Bmore wrote:Just like the Caylee case... why would you make an accident/self defense look like a murder and do everything you can to conceal it and make it point away from you?
You are so right Bmore, however, let us never forget it worked for the child murderer.

I think the prosecutor is very mindful of the CA case here, so: he is really stacking up the lies that can be proven with forensics (they had weak forensics in CA) and totally shredding her story (because people latched on to the fairytale of abuse to CA as doubt).

I'd still be surprised if she got death, but hope she gets the max amount of years allowable in this case.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:41 am

What do y'all think Nurmi's approach will be on re-direct?? Do you think he will keep Jodi up there and "try" to debunk each little point that Juan scored, or do you think he will just go with the DV experts to try and 'splain it all away!

I don't see much of an advantage to keep her spewing more stories and lies, but Jodi may INSIST on getting up there to sway the jury with her charm and think she can use big words and a pouty face to manipulate them.

I suppose we'll see come Monday!
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:43 am

the talking heads said he needs to keep it short and sweet. he doesn't want to give JM more to drive home. they can only address what each other has already addressed not bring in anything knew...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:59 am

Bmore wrote:the talking heads said he needs to keep it short and sweet. he doesn't want to give JM more to drive home. they can only address what each other has already addressed not bring in anything knew...

That makes sense. It may also explain why Juan left some tidbits hanging in the air....magazine code, Salinas salon, Matt M., DVD and remote, are some of the ones I can think of. Perhaps Juan did that intentionally to save for rebuttal and not give Nurmi a chance to respond during his re-direct....

Don't know ! crystal ball
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 pm

the mixed blood hand print was it the left hand? either way it has her blood so since she even said she had no visiable injury that day other then her left ring finger he'll prove to the jury even though she kept lying about it, the proof is in the print...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Bmore wrote:the mixed blood hand print was it the left hand? either way it has her blood so since she even said she had no visiable injury that day other then her left ring finger he'll prove to the jury even though she kept lying about it, the proof is in the print...

Yes, Bmore....the left palm print is my recollection too.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 pm

on FB someone said that she probably thru the camera in the washer because after what it experienced it was probably bloody and printy... She deleted the pics, and I think she thought that was enough for them to be gone. the bleach would remove the blood and prints and maybe the water and motion would destroy the actual camera but I don't think that was her main concern...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:12 pm

I watched the ME yesterday on a youtube clip for like 1 1/2 hours... I don't know if I missed anything but some of the knife wounds he was were around 5" deep. Does he know the shape of the knife? is it an outdoors type knife or something from a butcher block? Or was it not mentioned?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Bmore wrote:I watched the ME yesterday on a youtube clip for like 1 1/2 hours... I don't know if I missed anything but some of the knife wounds he was were around 5" deep. Does he know the shape of the knife? is it an outdoors type knife or something from a butcher block? Or was it not mentioned?

IIRC, he said the wounds did NOT match any of the knives in the block and none of those knives were missing. But I do not know if they actually identified the type that was used.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Freckles wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:Today's cross-examination was so powerful that I wanted to capture everything of importance, so I've spent this evening re-listening to all of today's testimony. Here's what I captured (good summary for those who missed it).

Jodi Arias Trial Day 25

What Mr. Martinez got Jodi to admit today:

- she lied about whether or not Travis had shaved on June 4, 2008
- she lied about sex being uncomfortable because he hadn't shaved
- she lied about who deleted sex photos from camera
- she initiated taking the shower photos
- she directed him to sit down in the shower
- she agreed that her left ring finger was the only visible injury from the murder
- she killed Travis on June 4
- she remembers dropping the knife
- she acknowledges she put the camera in the washing machine
- she admitted she deleted photos after he was dead
- she acknowledges that deleting photos took multiple steps and required thought process
- she acknowledges Travis had to be standing over the sink for it to be covered in his blood
- she acknowledges that she took the glass from under the sink
- she acknowledges that she created the water marks on the boxes
- she acknowledges she had three gas cans in Salinas
- she acknowledges she removed the gun from the crime scene and threw it in the desert
- she believes that she knew at the crime scene that she did something wrong to Travis
- she acknowledges altering the crime scene (took gun, no knife found)
- she acknowledges stabbing Travis with knife
- she acknowledges a lot of the stab wounds, including the head, were in the back
- she acknowledges that if she stabbed him in the back, he was no longer a threat to her
- she agrees that she was the one who slit his throat
- she agrees that she was the one to stab him in the upper torso
- she agrees that she took the rope and threw it away in a dumpster
- she agrees she stopped before the checkpoint (cleaned off blood; took off bloody clothes and changed clothes)
- agrees it would be to her advantage to having changed clothes before getting to checkpoint
- agrees it would be to her advantage to be clean of blood prior to checkpoint
- agrees she made calls before checkpoint
- agrees fog wasn't so heavy to prevent her from calling Ryan Burns and making up story
- agrees she lied about losing cell phone charger
- agrees she lied about getting lost to deceive him
- agrees she still had ability to think to protect herself
- after coming out of fog, she immediately tries to divert attention away from her so police don't think she had anything to do with killing
- agrees that her "fog" is not so deep that she attempts to fabricate evidence
- agrees she went to great lengths to leave voice mail for Travis to throw off police
- admits that all the lies were so she could escape responsibility
- admits visiting Travis was her decision
- admits to covering up by sending a text message to Travis on 6/6/08, after he was dead
- agrees to trying to manipulate the evidence
- agrees she sent an email to Travis on 6/7/08, knowing he was dead, to stage the scene
- agrees Travis was not overbearing sexually
- agrees journal entries don't corroborate her stories of being hit or abused or re: pedophile "issues"

HUGE DAY FOR THE PROSECUTION!!!

3 Star Poster! Nice job!
geek study

Best Posting Of The Best Posting Of The Best Posting Of The

PS:
I must have missed it! She did admit to putting the camera in the washer?
And deleting the pics from HIS camera?
Wowsy!
Do you know what part of the day she admitted to that?
Really want to hear her say it.

Thanks, Freckles!

I think it was Part 2, or possibly beginning of Part 3, but I really don't remember, and I'm not watching it again! (Twice was more than enough!) Very Happy
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:40 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
I know some folks have no interest in Statement Analysis and some folks do.

If you have no interest, please disregard the Link. Scroll past this comment. We do not want this to become a pro/con discussion about Statement Analysis.

Brief article and numerous comments:

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/will-jodi-get-away-with-murder.html
Statement Analysis -- 2/27/13

Will Jodi Get Away With Murder?
by Peter Hyatt

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #4 - Page 11 Jodi-arias-photo-5

Some of the commentors on the blog mentioned are still laboring under the delusion that the gunshot was first. If the jury is like the one in Fla., and doesn't use their common sense as well as really look at the forensics, I fear for a verdict that is not justice for the victim...again...

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:45 pm

I think JM will play it all out for them. With her testimony lasting soooo long alot has gone thru the cracks and when he rebutts (that sounds funny) he can build against everything her side said... Then in closing he'll remind them of all the great things everyone had to say about TA, what the ME had to say about how he died, etc, etc and he gets the last word in...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Bmore wrote:for those of you more fluent in this case can you clear some stuff up for me? OK she gets there in the early morning(when most people are sleeping), they hang out have sex and sleep... When she arrived were any of the room-mates there? If they were then that would explain why she didn't just kill him then... Do we know if there texts/emails that prove he knew she was coming? I'm torn between she had the thought in her head that she probably will kill him (so took whatever steps needed to conceal the plan) if after the sex he doesn't "re-instate" their relationship which includes her going to cancun and she's going to kill him with all intent but wanted some D first (like one last kiss goodbye) and to eff with him for basically telling her she's not good enough for him... either way it was planned... I'm still not sure that he knew she was snapping pictures of him till the end of the series...

well I am no expert but have been following the trial so here is what I believe is known. According to Jodi she arrived at 4am and no one was home but Travis and his dog..he supposedly was waiting for her (I do not believe there has been any actual proof of that presented yet)..they went to sleep and both awoke by 1pm that afternoon..sex involving a rope..nasty photo shoot..she showered..someone washed the bedding..she packed her bags.. took them out to her car.. ate a banana..lay on floor with dog in his office while he attempted to view pics off some cd's..he got pissed cuz they didnt work..threw one which bounced off something before striking her in head..grabbed her wrist..spun her round..yanked down her pants and bent her over the desk..unloaded onto her back and told her to clean up...she suggested another photo shoot of him showering..she dropped the camera..he went beserk and she had no choice but to kill him three times over.

Now remember this is HER story and it has varied with every telling. I,myself,do not believe a single word of it.
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Bmore wrote:I think JM will play it all out for them. With her testimony lasting soooo long alot has gone thru the cracks and when he rebutts (that sounds funny) he can build against everything her side said... Then in closing he'll remind them of all the great things everyone had to say about TA, what the ME had to say about how he died, etc, etc and he gets the last word in...

Oh, I know. I just hope this jury is paying attention. I like so many have fears because of the debacle and gross miscarriage of justice perpetrated by the ignorant and lazy jurors in the Anthony case.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:53 pm

carlakay wrote:
Bmore wrote:for those of you more fluent in this case can you clear some stuff up for me? OK she gets there in the early morning(when most people are sleeping), they hang out have sex and sleep... When she arrived were any of the room-mates there? If they were then that would explain why she didn't just kill him then... Do we know if there texts/emails that prove he knew she was coming? I'm torn between she had the thought in her head that she probably will kill him (so took whatever steps needed to conceal the plan) if after the sex he doesn't "re-instate" their relationship which includes her going to cancun and she's going to kill him with all intent but wanted some D first (like one last kiss goodbye) and to eff with him for basically telling her she's not good enough for him... either way it was planned... I'm still not sure that he knew she was snapping pictures of him till the end of the series...

well I am no expert but have been following the trial so here is what I believe is known. According to Jodi she arrived at 4am and no one was home but Travis and his dog..he supposedly was waiting for her (I do not believe there has been any actual proof of that presented yet)..they went to sleep and both awoke by 1pm that afternoon..sex involving a rope..nasty photo shoot..she showered..someone washed the bedding..she packed her bags.. took them out to her car.. ate a banana..lay on floor with dog in his office while he attempted to view pics off some cd's..he got pissed cuz they didnt work..threw one which bounced off something before striking her in head..grabbed her wrist..spun her round..yanked down her pants and bent her over the desk..unloaded onto her back and told her to clean up...she suggested another photo shoot of him showering..she dropped the camera..he went beserk and she had no choice but to kill him three times over.

Now remember this is HER story and it has varied with every telling. I,myself,do not believe a single word of it.

Ha ha! Good one! This does sound so incredibly stupid and unbelievable doesn't it?!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:54 pm

I'm sorry but if some one spins me around and ass rapes me on a desk over CDs I'm sure as sh!t not going to want to have a calvin klein photoshoot with them...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:02 pm

after hearing this tale my hubby gave it a go without discussing it with me first..now mind you he is 6'1 and weighs round 250..I am 5'2 and weigh round 125..as soon as he bent me over I had my right foot resting directly to the back of his jewels.He died laughing cuz he knew even if I'd had my pants yanked down I could of maniged to put him to his knees. IF that office scene really happened..she was a willing participant.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:05 pm

I think she's full of crap... It's funny because she talks about how TA would scream profanities at her but remember because everyone laughed when I think Lisa said Travis hated and basically forbid the words "poop, crap and fart" I think... he had a very "G" vocabulary unless he was at his wits end or playing fantasy games with her...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:13 pm

Weeziethm wrote:
Bmore wrote:the talking heads said he needs to keep it short and sweet. he doesn't want to give JM more to drive home. they can only address what each other has already addressed not bring in anything knew...

That makes sense. It may also explain why Juan left some tidbits hanging in the air....magazine code, Salinas salon, Matt M., DVD and remote, are some of the ones I can think of. Perhaps Juan did that intentionally to save for rebuttal and not give Nurmi a chance to respond during his re-direct....

I'm confused- is the prosecution done? I thought he was going to continue questioning Jodi on Monday morning?

Thanks everybody for the great links and analysis- I've missed this site and all of you, Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #4 - Page 11 839314 and it's great to see a lot of fresh blood here too!

Now I have many things to look up --> "Salinas salon, Matt M., DVD and remote".
All I can say is thank god this woman left forensics and a trail so obvious that she cannot be acquitted.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:16 pm

I think Travis was a pretty decent guy actually. I believe she overheard him speaking of how much money he had and since she had done sucked her sugar daddy dry she zeroed in on this younger, more attractive man.I think she blew him on that private park bench the very next night and had him hooked from that point forward. I believe this relationship caused him a great deal of inner turmoil..alot of his friends have spoken as to how his behaviour changed once they started dating and I do believe it is probable that in an effort to get rid of her,he probably became verbally abusive towards her. I truly believe this young man was tortured both mentally and physically by this woman and the pain she put on him lasted alot longer than 2 minutes and 16 seconds

Last edited by carlakay on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:19 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:
Weeziethm wrote:

I'm confused- is the prosecution done? I thought he was going to continue questioning Jodi on Monday morning?

Thanks everybody for the great links and analysis- I've missed this site and all of you, Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #4 - Page 11 839314 and it's great to see a lot of fresh blood here too!

Now I have many things to look up --> "Salinas salon, Matt M., DVD and remote".
All I can say is thank god this woman left forensics and a trail so obvious that she cannot be acquitted.

The prosecutor is only done with the cross examination for now. I am still confused myself as to when the questions from the jury will be read to her but that's either going to be the start for Monday or we get the pleasure of listening to Nurmi drone on for God knows how long again.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:23 pm

The License Plate:

Jodi took the front one off - just tossed it into the car. She drove with the rear one on. Until right before getting to Travis' house.

After killing him, and in a panic, she pulls over before the check point and hastily puts the rear one back on. Only she put it on upside down. I don't believe she did it purposely to get pulled over - how would she even know to count on that. She had her "Utah alibi" - no need to get pulled over.

she just screwed up by putting it on upside down

And really, she's quite the lazy idiot. Why not fix that license plate and put the front one on???

She just leaves it the way it is and returns the car.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Bmore wrote:I'm sorry but if some one spins me around and ass rapes me on a desk over CDs I'm sure as sh!t not going to want to have a calvin klein photoshoot with them...

Ya think!!!! I would think the members of the jury would feel that way as well---or certainly not want their daughters to be victimized like that! I am pretty darn sure that Travis never had anal sex with anyone in his life, or even seriously thought about it until innocent (GAG) Jodi happened to mention it!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:53 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:I think that it's just another thing that forensically can be proven she lied about- and surely for a self serving reason.
IMHO, he is compiling a list of indisputable lies- large and small to hand off to the jury. Because god know- they all might not understand "circumstantial" evidence but they will understand "lied about all pertinent facts" in the case.

Yknot wrote:I’m confused about something and I’m sure someone here can set me straight.
During the cross today what point was JM trying to get across about the shaving? Was he trying to prove that Jodi lied about Travis not shaving or was the point that the scratchy oral while tied up never happened? Obviously Travis shaved at some point that day, but I got lost why JM was so adamant on proving that point.

I think the shaving issue was all about time..according to her a whole lot went down between when Travis supposedly woke up to where he is on his back with alot of blood dripping off his neck.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Mari 68 wrote:The License Plate:

Jodi took the front one off - just tossed it into the car. She drove with the rear one on. Until right before getting to Travis' house.

After killing him, and in a panic, she pulls over before the check point and hastily puts the rear one back on. Only she put it on upside down. I don't believe she did it purposely to get pulled over - how would she even know to count on that. She had her "Utah alibi" - no need to get pulled over.

And really, she's quite the lazy idiot. Why not fix that license plate and put the front one on???

Don't think so. I agree that she took the front one off BEFORE hitting AZ. (Not illegal to not have one there evidently). AT THE SAME TIME, I believe she VERY DELIBERATELY put the rear one on upside down BEFORE GETTING TO AZ, AND CERTAINLY BEFORE GOING TO T'S HOUSE. (IF SHE WAS STOPPED SHE COULD FEIGN IGNORANCE---"How did that get like that? Oh, I'll fix it officer...",) but in the meantime, while the car was parked in Travis' neighborhood, an upside down plate would be much harder to identify and IT WAS MUCH MORE LIKELY THAT SOMEONE WOULD MIS-READ IT. There is no way a rental agency is going to make the glaring error of having an upsidedown plate on one of their vehicles! This is what they do for a living!

If she had put the plates on properly once she left the state of Az., she would never have been stopped, and no one would ever know anything about an upsidedown plate. She is lazy, and actually quite stupid.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:01 pm

carlakay wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:I think that it's just another thing that forensically can be proven she lied about- and surely for a self serving reason.
IMHO, he is compiling a list of indisputable lies- large and small to hand off to the jury. Because god know- they all might not understand "circumstantial" evidence but they will understand "lied about all pertinent facts" in the case.

I think the shaving issue was all about time..according to her a whole lot went down between when Travis supposedly woke up to where he is on his back with alot of blood dripping off his neck.

I think the point about the shaving was where she had told Det. Flores that Travis was NOT the photogenic hound. SHE had to coax him into taking the pics. In fact, she said Travis was NOT comfortable "at first...blah blah blah...he said 'I feel gay'..."

He took her direct testimony "he didn't shave" spiel to show that he was, in fact, shaved - and not for the purpose of showing she lied about him shaving - but to draw attention to her previous words to Flores about how Travis would have NEVER wanted some shower photo shoot.

That B*TCH conned him into the shower with oohs and aahs about his "cut body". Positioned him so he was most vulnerable - went gun and stab happy.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:

Don't think so. I agree that she took the front one off BEFORE hitting AZ. (Not illegal to not have one there evidently). AT THE SAME TIME, I believe she VERY DELIBERATELY put the rear one on upside down BEFORE GETTING TO AZ, AND CERTAINLY BEFORE GOING TO T'S HOUSE. (IF SHE WAS STOPPED SHE COULD FEIGN IGNORANCE---"How did that get like that? Oh, I'll fix it officer...",) but in the meantime, while the car was parked in Travis' neighborhood, an upside down plate would be much harder to identify and IT WAS MUCH MORE LIKELY THAT SOMEONE WOULD MIS-READ IT.
If she had put the plates on properly once she left the state of Az., she would never have been stopped, and no one would ever know anything about an upsidedown plate. She is lazy, and actually quite stupid.

well we will really never know what she did when or why..what is important is the fact it has been proven the plates were tampered with.A whole bunch of things she did or did not do has been proven and you can bet there is a whole bunch more to come..loving it.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Mari 68 wrote:
carlakay wrote:

I think the point about the shaving was where she had told Det. Flores that Travis was NOT the photogenic hound. SHE had to coax him into taking the pics. In fact, she said Travis was NOT comfortable "at first...blah blah blah...he said 'I feel gay'..."

He took her direct testimony "he didn't shave" spiel to show that he was, in fact, shaved - and not for the purpose of showing she lied about him shaving - but to draw attention to her previous words to Flores about how Travis would have NEVER wanted some shower photo shoot.

That B*TCH conned him into the shower with oohs and aahs about his "cut body". Positioned him so he was most vulnerable - went gun and stab happy.

You are absolutely right Mari! She realized on the stand her gross error, and tried to say that she was talking about a different day that T. said no to a shower photo session! That had to be one of her most stupid hail mary passes ever!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:05 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:

Don't think so. I agree that she took the front one off BEFORE hitting AZ. (Not illegal to not have one there evidently). AT THE SAME TIME, I believe she VERY DELIBERATELY put the rear one on upside down BEFORE GETTING TO AZ, AND CERTAINLY BEFORE GOING TO T'S HOUSE. (IF SHE WAS STOPPED SHE COULD FEIGN IGNORANCE---"How did that get like that? Oh, I'll fix it officer...",) but in the meantime, while the car was parked in Travis' neighborhood, an upside down plate would be much harder to identify and IT WAS MUCH MORE LIKELY THAT SOMEONE WOULD MIS-READ IT. There is no way a rental agency is going to make the glaring error of having an upsidedown plate on one of their vehicles! This is what they do for a living!

I'd think someone would be more prone to remember a car parked in their neighborhood with an upside down plate vs. no plate at all. Anyhow, the whole license plate thing screams bizarro - no explanation other than she messed with them, either before/after/until, so she could HIDE.

PREMED is all over the place. 1st degree murder is stab wounds in the back and mounting him from behind, pulling his head back, and slicing his neck back to the spinal cord. That alone is 1st degree.

Her gas cans, phone out of order, stolen guns shows DAYS, if not weeks, of PREMED!
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:06 pm

I missed the shaving thing really... was it to prove the oral sex wasn't how she said it was? Or that when she had to convince him while he was shaving to do the photo shoot proves that she actually worked him over to get him in a bad position in the shower? she said she had to convince him another time while he was shaving to do the pics... remember she got really crappy and went back at JM 4 times about not finishing the tape or sentence...

Apparently Nurmi with do recross with her on monday and I believe that's it for jodi. It's the D teams turn to put their stuff out there so I don't think there is an unlimited amount of back and forth... when nurmi is done with Jodi then the jury can ask questions before she leaves the stand for good... Then the D experts will go on...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:07 pm

carlakay wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:

Don't think so. I agree that she took the front one off BEFORE hitting AZ. (Not illegal to not have one there evidently). AT THE SAME TIME, I believe she VERY DELIBERATELY put the rear one on upside down BEFORE GETTING TO AZ, AND CERTAINLY BEFORE GOING TO T'S HOUSE. (IF SHE WAS STOPPED SHE COULD FEIGN IGNORANCE---"How did that get like that? Oh, I'll fix it officer...",) but in the meantime, while the car was parked in Travis' neighborhood, an upside down plate would be much harder to identify and IT WAS MUCH MORE LIKELY THAT SOMEONE WOULD MIS-READ IT.

well we will really never know what she did when or why..what is important is the fact it has been proven the plates were tampered with.A whole bunch of things she did or did not do has been proven and you can bet there is a whole bunch more to come..loving it.

Actually, I think this is a monumentally important issue because it speaks to premeditation. I also believe the car rental man has already said NO plates were missing and NONE WERE ON UPSIDEDOWN when the car was rented. (They go over every car before they are rented out each time).
The fact that she removed a plate and put the other on upsidedown so that the car would be much harder to identify if it was noticed, is one thing that was DONE IN ADVANCE TO COVER HER TRACKS BEFORE SHE EVER GOT TO AZ.---Premeditation, and VERY important.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Mari 68 wrote:
carlakay wrote:

agreed..it was like killing two birds with one stone..he proved inconsistent statements and subtly pointed out improbable time frame because she made sure she told Flores Travis shaved the old fashioned way (wth that even means..made me wonder if it wasn't a reference to the knife actually having been a strap razor)
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:14 pm

did she say why she took off the license plate?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:15 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:
carlakay wrote:

Actually, I think this is a monumentally important issue because it speaks to premeditation. I also believe the car rental man has already said NO plates were missing and NONE WERE ON UPSIDEDOWN when the car was rented. (They go over every car before they are rented out each time).
The fact that she removed a plate and put the other on upsidedown so that the car would be much harder to identify if it was noticed, is one thing that was DONE IN ADVANCE TO COVER HER TRACKS BEFORE SHE EVER GOT TO AZ.---Premeditation, and VERY important.

I agree and pleased as punch it has been proven..when I said we will really never know..I was referring to AFTER leaving the rental company..aint no way they would of rented a car to someone with jacked up plates. I know she jacked with those plates before getting anywhere near Travis' home..his friends were on to her and she knew it..and common sense tells me she removed em both but since an upside down plate sounds sooo stupid I am more inclined to believe that is what she did..she is some piece of work.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:17 pm

Bmore wrote:did she say why she took off the license plate?

she didn't dont ya know..some unruly hooligan skateboarders did it while she popped in and out of starbucks for a quick pee..oh wait there was a line so she had to wait awhile..she noticed the reflectors as she was backing out..apparently the bottom of this rental car was see through
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Bmore wrote:the mixed blood hand print was it the left hand? either way it has her blood so since she even said she had no visiable injury that day other then her left ring finger he'll prove to the jury even though she kept lying about it, the proof is in the print...
IMO, it would have to be as it was her left finger injured leaving blood. Also, Ryan and others mentioned JA wore LONG SLEEVES in Utah on a hot June day; they found that odd.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:20 pm

other then when you have to put the little sticker on that comes in the mail after you pay MVA an outragous fee for your new tags do you EVER... EVER think about your license plates? NO... What reason on God's Green Earth would she have to even touch the plate?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Bmore wrote:did she say why she took off the license plate?

No, she says she didn't. It was those kid skaters who were cruising the Starbuck's parking lot.

She knows it was them, too. Cuz she saw them skate fast away from her car and they were laughing. And when she pulled out of the parking stall she noticed something shiny! It was her FRONT plate! She tossed that into the car. So she knows for sure who messed with her license plates.

Thank goodness Jodi is so attentive otherwise we'd have never known!
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:23 pm

ok... I missed that part and from what everyone was saying I'm probably glad... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:31 pm

ya know the plates being tampered with are good evidence there was some sort of cover up after the fact but we really have no definite proof as to when she tampered with em..Juan proved premeditation though yesterday..no doubt about it..when she claimed to of rolled to her left jumped up and ran down that hall she had a choice once coming to the end of it..to the left was his bedroom door and freedom..to the right was a gun and another entryway into the bathroom she had just escaped from..she admitted she made a conscious decision to go for that gun...that is premeditation.

Last edited by carlakay on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Weeziethm wrote:
Bmore wrote:I watched the ME yesterday on a youtube clip for like 1 1/2 hours... I don't know if I missed anything but some of the knife wounds he was were around 5" deep. Does he know the shape of the knife? is it an outdoors type knife or something from a butcher block? Or was it not mentioned?

IIRC, he said the wounds did NOT match any of the knives in the block and none of those knives were missing. But I do not know if they actually identified the type that was used.
Travis' body was in a bad state of decomp. Skin slippage was starting. Decomp gases were breaking down the internals as well. As they break down, the gases escape through body orifices and create their own openings.
This makes it difficult to obtain some data. (I was curious re some of the marks on Travis' lower legs which appear to be bruising.) It changes the type of evidence which is recovered.

The ME indicated the knife used had a blade of at least 5 " in length.
Only the heart wound and the throat slashing were determined to be vital; the other stab wounds, mostly to the back, did not penetrate deep enough OR strike any organs.

There was one head wound, possibly two head wounds, which showed what the ME believed to be "punctures" caused by a possible triangular object. He wasn't sure.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:34 pm

I still find it so extremely sad this boy lay undetected for so long.It's just terrible.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:43 pm

I disagree.
IMO, JA was running very late to a two day conference.
She only made the last half of the second day.
While she had tentative plans to meet up with Ryan, she was late. He might have changed his plans. She had NO guarantees Ryan would even be at his home or ask her to his house.
Just case his alibi would not stick, she wanted additional evidence she was in Utah, not AZ when Travis was killed. (I am guessing she was banking on the decomp, travel plans to Cancun, etc., as blurring the day/time of his death. )

Keep in mind:
Jodi, herself, HANDED the detectives most of the evidence of her murdering Travis.
Had it not been for the mixed blood DNA on the wall, the camera/pics found in washer, there may not have been enough evidence to even place her at the scene let alone convict her. A single hair in the bathroom? Someone renting a car and showing up a few states over? Friends with "bad vibes" re her? Just not there. But a rental car with an upside down plate, picked out of a photo line-up DESPITE a hair color change, bfs telling of the gas cans, and it begins to add up. Now, toss in the bloody hand print with mixed DNA, the time stamped pics found on camera in washer, and we start to see a broader picture.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:52 pm

brick by brick you build a wall... Like those of a jail cell... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next