Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9

+25
tesstruhart
olivier57
stina
Ms. Gibson
colsnipe
Weeziethm
Bo
THATGIRL
WeeBonnie
Bat Woman
yellow bike
Bmore
gsweater
emberl
glazier
Alessandra_Deux
auman58
Pianist
Mylife101
Kentucky Gal
Freckles
Calypso
Moosiesmama
justanopinion
carlakay
29 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 7 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:31 am

I think it was a BS story too Shell... She sat there with this long pause thinking if she had anger issues... Really? Then all of a sudden the dog incident... She said he wasn't tied up that time and therefore was able to get the trash... Sad thing is she didn't say she kicked him away from her while trying to keep the trash away from him but after the event after she got in trouble for his actions... She's spiteful...
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 7 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 am

I think it's funny how the body language expert said people that have nothing to hide don't hide when the cry, they don't care that you see it. they want you to know what they're feeling etc... JA ALWAYS hides...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 am

interesting to see this testimony by Jodi in a small segment...
she finds her charger when cleaning out the car.. is thinking about what lies to tell about why she wasn't were she said she would be.. doesn't call 911 because she is afraid of what would happen to her because of what she had done...

IMO she remembers everything...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm7feyvc2z4
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:33 am

ShellJett wrote:So Jodi kicked family dog that was tied up on some type of "run", dog ran away, she never saw dog again. Does anyone else think she did more than just kick the dog? I have had strong feelings when Jodi talks about TA's dog. It wouldn't surprise me if she actually killed her family dog and waterboarded Napoleon when she says she gave him baths. Special place in hell for those who abuse animals.

Totally agree...

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by ShellJett Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:35 am

The bullet can only be analyzed if the gun is found and test fired. Gun leaves striations on bullet and can be compared to a test fired bullet from same gun. Same with casing. If box of ammo found at grandparents there is no way to compare without gun. Chemical analysis to compare bullets was found to be inaccurate. FBI was using this process but it was flawed and no longer used. If ammo in box is same type that was recovered, it just shows same type - that's it. Certain ammo is very common, so nothing proven at all.

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:37 am

Mylife101 wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Who knows- the pic on the right hip looks like Diego with a brown cape on...?

Maybe they are pics of Jodi? ha!

Haha...I thought you made the pic and probably picked out the undies. Do you make a lot of the pics in Museum or are you just really good at finding them on the web? Just curious.

Can't take the credit, I am really good at hunting them down.
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:42 am

ShellJett wrote:So Jodi kicked family dog that was tied up on some type of "run", dog ran away, she never saw dog again. Does anyone else think she did more than just kick the dog? I have had strong feelings when Jodi talks about TA's dog. It wouldn't surprise me if she actually killed her family dog and waterboarded Napoleon when she says she gave him baths. Special place in hell for those who abuse animals.

I think she took him for a ride and left him out in the middle of no where- dumped him off.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:43 am

The fact that TA had no ammo at his house and it was "his" gun and a bullet came out of it where did that bullet come from? I don't think you can go to Bass Pro Shop and buy a single bullet or maybe just a few, it would be a standard box... If this isn't a common gun and none of his friends had one I doubt he borrowed this bullet from them... So where did it come from... Since it will come out that TA didn't own a gun and wouldn't ever own this caliber (video/testimony from Dave Hall). JA's gpa had this gun stolen and it was loaded, has the same brand ammo box it isn't a stretch at all to come to the conclusion that they are one in the same...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:44 am

justanopinion wrote:interesting to see this testimony by Jodi in a small segment...
she finds her charger when cleaning out the car.. is thinking about what lies to tell about why she wasn't were she said she would be.. doesn't call 911 because she is afraid of what would happen to her because of what she had done...

IMO she remembers everything...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm7feyvc2z4

I believe she remembers everything as well, however, with time, she's managed to work the details into her favor- she was a victim and her actions were justified.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by ShellJett Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:44 am

HLN made me want to go through TV screen last night. They were complaining about JM taking too long - get back to the "meat" (vicious murder). We are in the Defense case now, and they aren't going to dwell on that. JM just trying to destroy witness credibility, that's what he is supposed to do expecially because he knows all that we know about JA. I think he is taking this personally because of her threat of what she would claim at trial if he didn't accept plea offer.

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:49 am

Shell don't sweat it, it's for ratings... When it's rebutt they'll have something good to say like see now he's bringing it back to the killing and who TA was...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 7 Empty Bullets

Post by ShellJett Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:52 am

Bmore wrote:The fact that TA had no ammo at his house and it was "his" gun and a bullet came out of it where did that bullet come from? I don't think you can go to Bass Pro Shop and buy a single bullet or maybe just a few, it would be a standard box... If this isn't a common gun and none of his friends had one I doubt he borrowed this bullet from them... So where did it come from... Since it will come out that TA didn't own a gun and wouldn't ever own this caliber (video/testimony from Dave Hall). JA's gpa had this gun stolen and it was loaded, has the same brand ammo box it isn't a stretch at all to come to the conclusion that they are one in the same...

Absolutely, but can't say bullet "matched" forensically. Also, ammo is only sold by the box. I know this from experience, so it makes absolutely no sense for TA to have a gun without box of ammo. Even when I go to shooting range, I keep separate box of ammo to leave with gun, buy cheap ones to shoot at range. If those bullets in gun were hollowpoints, it is more evident that the rest would be in a box somewhere. But, we all know gun was not TA's. One juror has gun knowledge based on questions.

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by ShellJett Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:01 am

Also, I didn't hear all the details in Jodi's dog kicking story, so thanks for clarifying. I was sickened - I took in a Rescue German Shepherd who was badly abused and I just kept thinking about her. She passed away in 2011 from old age. Had her for 9 years, and even with all the love and care I gave her, that abuse scarred her for life.

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:16 am

I have a German Shepherd now, had her from 2 weeks old... Growing up I had 2 and one of them was rescued from an abusive home... She adjusted very well to family life but didn't like anyone that fit the description of her abusers...

I can't help but think that JA had something more to do with the dogs vanishing... She said she kicked it but it didn't yelp because it wasn't that hard... Why would it run away forever? I smell more BS...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:17 am

ShellJett wrote:
Bmore wrote:The fact that TA had no ammo at his house and it was "his" gun and a bullet came out of it where did that bullet come from? I don't think you can go to Bass Pro Shop and buy a single bullet or maybe just a few, it would be a standard box... If this isn't a common gun and none of his friends had one I doubt he borrowed this bullet from them... So where did it come from... Since it will come out that TA didn't own a gun and wouldn't ever own this caliber (video/testimony from Dave Hall). JA's gpa had this gun stolen and it was loaded, has the same brand ammo box it isn't a stretch at all to come to the conclusion that they are one in the same...

Absolutely, but can't say bullet "matched" forensically. Also, ammo is only sold by the box. I know this from experience, so it makes absolutely no sense for TA to have a gun without box of ammo. Even when I go to shooting range, I keep separate box of ammo to leave with gun, buy cheap ones to shoot at range. If those bullets in gun were hollowpoints, it is more evident that the rest would be in a box somewhere. But, we all know gun was not TA's. One juror has gun knowledge based on questions.

Agreed and no one would leave 1 bullet in a gun if they had been at a firing range and used the rest of the box... you would fire the last one... so it could be cleaned...
Hodi is just blowing smoke!! IMO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:19 am

seems to be another pattern that if you go against JA you feel her wrath one way or another... Wonder how many accidents family members suffered due to pissing JA off... She'd probably hide in the shadows laughing after rigging a can of soup to fall on the next persons head that opened the cabinet door...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:19 am

Bmore wrote:I have a German Shepherd now, had her from 2 weeks old... Growing up I had 2 and one of them was rescued from an abusive home... She adjusted very well to family life but didn't like anyone that fit the description of her abusers...

I can't help but think that JA had something more to do with the dogs vanishing... She said she kicked it but it didn't yelp because it wasn't that hard... Why would it run away forever? I smell more BS...

didn't yelp because she killed it.. then the fog came in and she put it into the garbage bag... she knows it and I know it... JMO sorry to be so blunt!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 7 Empty Dogs

Post by ShellJett Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:23 am

Bmore wrote:I have a German Shepherd now, had her from 2 weeks old... Growing up I had 2 and one of them was rescued from an abusive home... She adjusted very well to family life but didn't like anyone that fit the description of her abusers...

I have the same sick feeling about that dog. My "Rescue" was comfortable only with me. Anyone else she would steer clear. Have another Rescue Shepherd now, but he was not abused, found as a stray in NYC. He is amazing. So glad to find another G.S. lover on this site. I have had one or two at a time my whole adult life.

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 am

yeah my girl is smart... doesn't like this girl I know that is just like JA and I think she's hurt/killed animals before too but can't prove it... She cornered her in the kitchen one day and was growling at her, wouldn't let her leave... She's never acted that way before... I thought it was funny... Animals know bad seeds when they're around them...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:32 am

Grab a can of that b/s spray~

photo Smells-Like-Bullshit_o_99704.jpg

Last edited by Calypso on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:33 am

ShellJett wrote:Also, I didn't hear all the details in Jodi's dog kicking story, so thanks for clarifying. I was sickened - I took in a Rescue German Shepherd who was badly abused and I just kept thinking about her. She passed away in 2011 from old age. Had her for 9 years, and even with all the love and care I gave her, that abuse scarred her for life.

Hubby and I can't even watch those 'abandoned/mistreated dog' commercials on TV without crying. We have 2 yorkies. One was a breeder dog. She had a C section with her last litter and cost the breeder money. We always wanted one but they were very pricey. Found this breeder who happened to mention then almost 5 yr. old 'Sasha'. It was Jan., and breeder was a bit more than an hour away. Offered to let us have her----Honestly, the woman couldn't get rid of her fast enough as she was no longer a 'moneymaker'. We drove right over that day and took her home. That was 3 years ago. Our little 'Deladis' has a story too...
(You can read more on my blog, if interested

http://anhistoricallady.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-tail-of-two-yorkies.html

...but the point is these 2 little guys are the light of our life!)

Here they are~

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 7 P1010026

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:36 am

reading different things around and thinking... JA was saying that TA found someone and was moving on and that was great blah blah blah... She knew about Mimi, would stalk their dates and wait at his house... She moved away so TA could move on with this new love, felt she was interferring (go figure), after she moves he invites Mimi to Cancun and she needs to think about it and finally decides to go but only as friends. JA was aware she wasn't going to Cancun anymore, knew Mimi was going, says she wasn't jealous about it. Faked not knowing who Mimi was at the memorial and introduced herself (but did know from the stalking)... I think alot of this boils down to Mimi and Cancun but she made a mistake... She thought TA didn't want her because of this relationship with Mimi but he and Mimi decided to just be friends and she didn't know that till after the fact... He didn't want her because of her... I think part of why she killed him was because of Mimi but she wasn't even a factor.
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 am

18 they are very cute with their bows... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:43 am

there are my pups in my avatar... it doesn't show up on my computer so I had to check it on my phone...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 am

Finally got to see the rest of Juan's cross (the after lunch portion) of Dr. Dumb-dumb. I think JM was fantastic as usual. Not only that but Jodi and Wilmot whisper and smirk, which can't look good to the jury. Wilmot objects to EVERYTHING, causing multitudes of tedious sidebars, which I suspect is not endearing the DT to the jury!
I think the pompous baboon came off very badly, and I think he has hurt his own chances to testify in future trials!

I am not watching the last witness, Alyce, as I am as burned out as I am sure the poor jury is. I will catch Juan's cross of her whenever that may be---I think the defense will make the mistake of keeping this witness on for days as well, unfortunately.

I literally am chomping at the bit to see Juan's rebuttal! I think we are in for a real treat, guys!
I don't think that will be before sometime next week, and there is no court next Monday. There are also out at noontime this Thursday...
I now think that this definitely WILL NOT GO TO THE JURY UNTIL NEAR MID-APRIL. Sigh...

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 am

Bmore wrote:18 they are very cute with their bows... lol

Bought a clipper last year and taught myself to groom them as best I could---Groomer is way too much $$$$.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:47 am

Bmore wrote:there are my pups in my avatar... it doesn't show up on my computer so I had to check it on my phone...

I wondered if they were! Adorable! We just love dogs---Such unconditional love.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:47 am

Bmore wrote:there are my pups in my avatar... it doesn't show up on my computer so I had to check it on my phone...

adorable fur babies Bmore! Razz
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:52 am

frick and frack... they are so co-dependant on each other... It is interesting that animals can have more emotions and connections then some people... The other week Max the black dog stole an apple peel off the floor then went into full shame mode when I questioned him about it... It was rather sad...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:55 am

@18th Laughing your dogs made me think of a song love the little flowers in their hair...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6e5wxzPsQM

sorry forgot how to embed... groan
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:13 am

justanopinion wrote:@18th Laughing your dogs made me think of a song love the little flowers in their hair...

On youtube:

Click on SHARE

Window opens with CODE

Right ABOVE this CODE, CLICK on EMBED-

POST this CODE
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 am

so how much longer is this chic going to talk today before we get to the meat of the matter?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:32 am

Bmore wrote:so how much longer is this chic going to talk today before we get to the meat of the matter?

Oh, it will be quite a while. Wilmott is a real speed demon. Very Happy Wont get to the "meat of the matter" until JM takes over. My best guess is Thursday. Yours?
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 am

I didn't get to watch all of the Dr. S stuff yesterday but what I came away with is that JA only fits into the PTSD if you:
add in components of her prior behavior
believe the unrest in jail is from the trauma and not being in jail...
believe that all JA's methods of communication are truthful...

So since most people don't sleep well in jail, we know she was a douche from way back when and she lies regardless of how it's presented... I think we can say that she doesn't have PTSD or acute whatever and made it all up to remain unaccountable for the savage attack on TA that can't be excused by SD...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:35 am

I'm hoping since today is a full day that at least after the 1st break we should be talking about SOMETHING related to this case... I'm curious on how she'll present...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 am

just say this on FB and i remember something about this... She was suppose to cat sit for a friend and didn't feed the cat or something? Ring any bells?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:44 am

justanopinion wrote:@18th Laughing your dogs made me think of a song love the little flowers in their hair...

LOVE! Got a little tear in my eye~

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:44 am

apparently that order of protection we thought might be against the person that said i wish JA was dead within earshot of her mom.. Wasn't so, something about it being against the media for talking about stuff they don't want out like the cost of her dteam... over $850K

that kind of stuff tends to piss off tax payers...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:46 am

Bmore wrote:just say this on FB and i remember something about this... She was suppose to cat sit for a friend and didn't feed the cat or something? Ring any bells?

YES! I am wondering if someone testified to this early on....I know I did hear it on JVM or something like it. Jodi was supposed to care for a (friends??) cat---Left it alone for like 2 or 3 weeks. No food or water. Cat barely made it if I recall...Maybe someone else can remember whose cat....Or the whole story. I remember being pretty horrified.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:47 am

i missed this yesterday but when AL took the stand did JW say something like oh that's how you say your name giggle giggle? I know she said it to make her likable and so on but if I were on the jury i'd be like seriously you've had this woman on the payroll for how long, she's your expert and you want me to believe you don't know how to say her name? games... pppffffttt....
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:51 am

Bmore wrote:I didn't get to watch all of the Dr. S stuff yesterday but what I came away with is that JA only fits into the PTSD if you:
add in components of her prior behavior
believe the unrest in jail is from the trauma and not being in jail...
believe that all JA's methods of communication are truthful...

So since most people don't sleep well in jail, we know she was a douche from way back when and she lies regardless of how it's presented... I think we can say that she doesn't have PTSD or acute whatever and made it all up to remain unaccountable for the savage attack on TA that can't be excused by SD...

I think JM scored big yesterday. Not only the above, but generally, Dr. dumbdumb came off looking like a disorganized, pompous, UNTRUSTWORTHY ignoramus! The DT's continual interruptions and objections made them look like they were TERRIFIED OF WHAT CAT THE DR. MIGHT LET OUT OF THE BAG, lol!!!
All in all, I think the message was crystal clear that the Dr. is incompetent, and the defense came across as desperately trying to ram his unsubstantiated and oft times obviously ridiculous conclusions down the jury's throats! (IMO)

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:51 am

how can you be mean to animals... I have 3 cats, my siamese Java has been sad the past couple days so I've been paying special attention to him. That's what you do for something that is dependant on you... When i use to pet sit I'd stay at their house just so the animals wouldn't be alone.... you know they miss their parents so you try and distract them like a kid... Say what you will dogs and cats are different "animals" but they still want interaction and to play and most of all FOOD AND WATER!
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:56 am

the thing with Dr. S is that he said he spent 20-30 hours with her evaluating but said to the jury question that 20-30 hours is therapy... He was trying so hard to come across as neutral but it was so obvious that he was trying to get that square peg in the round hole (or was it a circle hole? Baez)... It looked like he was trying to make that diagnosis fit her and it's because he had feelings for her... not that they were sexual or anything but they were bias...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 7 Empty Rebuttal

Post by ShellJett Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:00 am

Bmore wrote:Shell don't sweat it, it's for ratings... When it's rebutt they'll have something good to say like see now he's bringing it back to the killing and who TA was...

Can't wait for rebuttal. I got so worked up last night, usually just laugh at HLN crap. It was the dog story that got me so upset. Of course this whole trial is sickening, but yesterday I was practically in a rage. Took a Xanax, went to bed, feel better after talking to you all today. Great forum for us all to vent, educate, and stay sane.

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:01 am

amen...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:02 am

Bmore wrote:just say this on FB and i remember something about this... She was suppose to cat sit for a friend and didn't feed the cat or something? Ring any bells?

This is from Dr. Drew's Show---A partial transcript from Jan. 16th, 2013~

(I have highlighted the cat bits in red, but this whole thing is quite illuminating...)

DR. DREW

Jodi Arias: Murderer?

Aired January 16, 2013 - 21:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

"DR. DREW PINSKY, HOST (voice-over): Tonight, this man dated Jodi Arias. Did she use him to make the man she killed jealous? What attracted him to her? And does he think she`s a murderer? He`s telling me in an exclusive interview.

Plus, this: a 13-year-old boy accused of murdering his baby brother, on trial as an adult. His mother was 12 when he was born. He was sexually assaulted by a relative, beaten by his stepfather, left on the streets, and worse.

We are asking: should this child be prosecuted as an adult?

Let`s get started.

(MUSIC)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY: Very interesting stories this evening.

My co-host this week is Jillian Barberie Reynolds. Thank you for joining us, Jillian.

JILLIAN BARBERIE REYNOLDS, CO-HOST: These are heavy topics.

PINSKY: It`s going to be heavy. We`re going to be getting into it in a big way.

Tonight, we have two exclusives in a few minutes. In a few minutes here, we`ve got a man who dated Jodi Arias. He`s going to speak for the first time publicly. There he is there with her.

But first, joining me on the phone is another special guest. It is Veronica. She called us the other night spontaneously and told us that she used to work with Jodi, had some observations to share with us about her behavior.

So, Veronica, I want to pick up where we left off. First of all, thank you for joining us again. I know you`re rushing off to work and you agreed to spend a little time with us.

VERONICA, SAYS SHE KNEW JODI ARIAS (via telephone): Sure. Aloha, doctor.

PINSKY: Aloha. Mahalo for being here.

VERONICA: (SPEAKING HAWAIIAN)

REYNOLDS: What did she call you?

PINSKY: I don`t know. It`s something in Hawaiian.

VERONICA: It means no problem.

PINSKY: Take us back to when you were working with her allegedly in the desert area, Palm Springs, I think you said Rancho Mirage. She was a waitress, you were there, and you started hanging out with her and she gave other people the creeps so badly that your co-workers are telling you to stay away from her. Tell us about that.

VERONICA: Absolutely. Jodi had major issues that we could call see. She was horrible at her job so, I was always helping her, picking up her slack.

Everyone else wouldn`t touch -- wouldn`t help her at all at work, because every time she got a bad tip from a table it was oh, there was a woman at the table, Veronica, she was jealous of me. That was the reason she got a bad tip. Not horrible service.

PINSKY: And then the friends of yours that told you to stay away from her, what was it they were sensing? We`re hearing more and more that she had this sort of what she called a spiritual side, which just sounds like sort of this weird side where she would be silent for periods of time and sort of not seeming to respond normally to people. Is that what gave people the willies?

VERONICA: Exactly. She had no social skills. She didn`t know how to relate to people sitting at a table and serving them. She was void of emotion. She had a flat affect.

She -- there just was nothing inside of her. You know, she didn`t know how to perceive emotions and actions in a normal way.

PINSKY: And you said that she at one point tortured a cat and then after having done so -- now, I`m going to let you tell the story, but after having done so, then she said -- this was new information to me. That she said something about feeling that she should have felt bad about it but didn`t? Tell us that story.

Oh, we lost her. I think we`re losing her phone reception right there.

REYNOLDS: She looked after a cat for a couple of weeks and -- are you back?

PINSKY: Go ahead and tell the story.

REYNOLDS: Basically the person said could you look after my cat. She said, yes, and left the cat in a dark room for two weeks. And it was half dead. And she said, oh, I guess I`ve got to go get the cat because the person`s coming back.

PINSKY: Yes.

REYNOLDS: Should I feel bad this about this?

PINSKY: What`s this new information she shared with one of our producer, Veronica. She said I think I should feel bad about this, but I just don`t, and then started pretending as though she felt bad.

Now, excuse me, this behavior of not having genuine emotion --

REYNOLDS: Right.

PINSKY: And then behaving as if or sort of learning how normal people behave with emotions --

REYNOLDS: Doesn`t that -- isn`t that consistent with what she`s done with --

PINSKY: Well, yes, that`s psychopathy. If that report is real -- Veronica, if you come back we`ll get back to you but I want to go to "In Session`s" Beth Karas..."

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 7 Empty Alyce

Post by ShellJett Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:06 am

Mylife101 wrote:
Bmore wrote:so how much longer is this chic going to talk today before we get to the meat of the matter?

Oh, it will be quite a while. Wilmott is a real speed demon. Very Happy Wont get to the "meat of the matter" until JM takes over. My best guess is Thursday. Yours?

This is going to be VERY long testimony. Samuels got his ass kicked by JM so this is their last attempt to try to convince jury she was abused. Wilmott is better than Nurmi as far as speed, but she comes off like she is throwing a temper tantrum when JM asks questions. Suprised she hasn't stomped her foot yet. Nurmi got more exercise yesterday running up to sidebars than he has had in 20 years. I do understand DT has to zealously defend client, but Willmott was almost gleeful during questioning.

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:08 am

ShellJett wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:

This is going to be VERY long testimony. Samuels got his ass kicked by JM so this is their last attempt to try to convince jury she was abused. Wilmott is better than Nurmi as far as speed, but she comes off like she is throwing a temper tantrum when JM asks questions. Suprised she hasn't stomped her foot yet. Nurmi got more exercise yesterday running up to sidebars than he has had in 20 years. I do understand DT has to zealously defend client, but Willmott was almost gleeful during questioning.

Agree! Oh please do tell me that this woman is their LAST witness????? (I thought that is what was said back a-ways. lol!)

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:09 am

I think JW thinks that she's going to get a gotcha moment on JM and it's just not happening...

18 good memory on the Dr. D transcript... she is a sick b!tch..
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:24 am

ShellJett wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:

Yes, Nurmi was probably winded by the end of the day! TeeHee. With the exception of the "uhmm's" I don't mind the speaking speed of Wilmott. What makes her slow is the repetitive nature of her questioning. It seems like she asks the same re-worded question over and over hoping that if the jurors hear the answer enough times it will stick. I sometimes feel as if Wilmott attempts to dummy things down for the jurors. Seems a little insulting since were not talking about deep scientific concepts like the inner workings of DNA(OK, deep for me, maybe).

JM also repeats questions, however, they are shorter, quicker, and with the purpose of establishing consistency and credibility of the witness' answers. JM does not dummy down testimony....I feel like he gives the jury credit for being able to take what has been alluded to and draw logical conclusions. Based on juror questions, I believe they have done just that.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next