Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9

+25
tesstruhart
olivier57
stina
Ms. Gibson
colsnipe
Weeziethm
Bo
THATGIRL
WeeBonnie
Bat Woman
yellow bike
Bmore
gsweater
emberl
glazier
Alessandra_Deux
auman58
Pianist
Mylife101
Kentucky Gal
Freckles
Calypso
Moosiesmama
justanopinion
carlakay
29 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 15 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9

Post by auman58 Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:10 am

Calypso wrote:http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-trial-attorneys-dont-want-you-to-know-where-taxpayer-money-spent-on-defense-is-going

Jodi Arias trial: Attorneys don't want you to know where taxpayer money spent on defense is going

Posted: 6:46 PM
Last Updated: 1 hour and 18 minutes ago

•By: Corey Rangel By: Corey Rangel

PHOENIX - Jodi Arias’ attorneys do not want you know where the taxpayer money spent on her defense is going.

Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott filed paperwork asking a judge to “seal any and all billing records submitted by any member of Ms. Arias’ defense team…”

Last week, ABC15 first reported taxpayers could end up spending more than $1 million to defend Arias in her lengthy murder trial.

Cari Gerchick, Maricopa County Communications Director, told ABC15 the total amount spent on her defense team has been roughly $838,000 and continues to climb.

The cost only pertains to money spent on Arias’ attorneys and does not include jail or court costs.

But Arias’ attorneys want a judge to issue a protective order guarding the detailed costs of Arias’ defense.

Arias’ lawyers argue releasing the information could impact attorney-client privilege and Arias’ right to a fair trial.

According to the paperwork , “If the State is allowed to view or access these records the State may be able to determine what witnesses, both expert and civilian, the defense has interviewed and not listed as witnesses in any phase of the trial as they attempt to develop a viable defense.”

They go on to argue the information would provide “a window into the thought and process of the defense team.”

Arias’ attorneys added “… the insight that would be given to the State in this capital case if they had access to these records would provide insight into the thoughts and/or actions of defense counsel as it relates not only to the determination of Ms. Arias’ guilt to the charged offense, but, should the case proceed to a penalty phase, this insight would carry over to the issue of whether or not the State can prove its aggravating factor which makes Ms. Arias eligible for the death penalty, and potentially whether or not Ms. Arias is sentenced to death of life in prison.”

The filing also said releasing the information to the media “might very well diminish Ms. Arias’ right to a fair trial.”

Two experts hired by the defense, and paid by the county, revealed in court they charge hundreds of dollars per hour.

Psychologist Richard Samuels, who testified he diagnosed Arias with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, said he makes $250 per hour.

Domestic violence expert Alyce LaViolette revealed she is paid $250 per hour for research and $300 per hour for testifying.

Legal analysts predict the capital murder trial will last several more weeks.

So this is a million dollar defense? Scary. I would hate to think my life was in the hands of guy who buys his suits at the Barnum and Bailey Clown Mart. What does a good defense cost?

Last edited by auman58 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Messed up)
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 15 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9

Post by olivier57 Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:10 am

It's obvious that Dteam want to make believe that JA is a poor thing and TA an abuser, which in my mind is completely false. TA was not an abuser, JA did appreciate their dates, she always came to him, probably with other KY or rope ideas and I don't know a man who would refuse such nicely asked experimentations ("You make me feel like a goddess". So, ok, bring the rope !). TA had other relationships with many other women, where are the battered ones ?

Dteam and JA are building a fake picture of a nasty TA and abused JA, adding around them a credible background coming from true life but without any link to the situation. In my opinion, seeking for a fair trial has nothing to do with that. I'm quite surprised that it's possible to let an attorney talking with a witness during hours and hours (and why not weeks ? who stops ?) about a subject that is much more a lecture than a discussion about evidences, then sending an invoice he had himself decided the amount (of course they want seal billing records, it's speak about their incomes. Fair or unfair trial is very easy-going).

I noticed that Pianist said it was a good tutorial. That's true, no doubt. But I think that this tutorial should take place in the trials of all real abusers, not fakes.

Last edited by olivier57 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake correction)

olivier57

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:57 am

auman58 wrote:
Calypso wrote:http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-trial-attorneys-dont-want-you-to-know-where-taxpayer-money-spent-on-defense-is-going

Jodi Arias trial: Attorneys don't want you to know where taxpayer money spent on defense is going

PHOENIX - Jodi Arias’ attorneys do not want you know where the taxpayer money spent on her defense is going.

Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott filed paperwork asking a judge to “seal any and all billing records submitted by any member of Ms. Arias’ defense team…”

Last week, ABC15 first reported taxpayers could end up spending more than $1 million to defend Arias in her lengthy murder trial.

Cari Gerchick, Maricopa County Communications Director, told ABC15 the total amount spent on her defense team has been roughly $838,000 and continues to climb.

The cost only pertains to money spent on Arias’ attorneys and does not include jail or court costs.

But Arias’ attorneys want a judge to issue a protective order guarding the detailed costs of Arias’ defense.

Arias’ lawyers argue releasing the information could impact attorney-client privilege and Arias’ right to a fair trial.

According to the paperwork , “If the State is allowed to view or access these records the State may be able to determine what witnesses, both expert and civilian, the defense has interviewed and not listed as witnesses in any phase of the trial as they attempt to develop a viable defense.”

They go on to argue the information would provide “a window into the thought and process of the defense team.”

Arias’ attorneys added “… the insight that would be given to the State in this capital case if they had access to these records would provide insight into the thoughts and/or actions of defense counsel as it relates not only to the determination of Ms. Arias’ guilt to the charged offense, but, should the case proceed to a penalty phase, this insight would carry over to the issue of whether or not the State can prove its aggravating factor which makes Ms. Arias eligible for the death penalty, and potentially whether or not Ms. Arias is sentenced to death of life in prison.”

The filing also said releasing the information to the media “might very well diminish Ms. Arias’ right to a fair trial.”

Two experts hired by the defense, and paid by the county, revealed in court they charge hundreds of dollars per hour.

Psychologist Richard Samuels, who testified he diagnosed Arias with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, said he makes $250 per hour.

Domestic violence expert Alyce LaViolette revealed she is paid $250 per hour for research and $300 per hour for testifying.

So this is a million dollar defense? Scary. I would hate to think my life was in the hands of guy who buys his suits at the Barnum and Bailey Clown Mart. What does a good defense cost?

I am thinking that the release of the info they are trying to hide will show who refused to take the case i.e.: why they have a DV witness from California... and why the good doctor S ended up being the one facing the career gallows. The way the article is written implies that if the expense account was revealed then everyone would know that there was premeditation. JMO They found something that was undeniably premed and are hoping the pros did not find it!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:05 am

Pianist I admire you for rising above your circumstance and I am saddened that it took domestic violence to awaken those things. You are a testimony to those who feel trapped as you found a solution, made a plan and worked it.

I wonder if this witness is going to specifically talk about TA and JA or if she is just frosting. I hope that JM is soft with this one as I think the jury appreciates her compassion.
Forgot before that compassion and empathy are very different in the psych world... surprised that Dr.S confused the two in his testimony. If he asks this expert direct questions about JA's behaviour I think this expert will not roll under the JA bus willingly... JMO

justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 am

from what FB said with her license and stuff... the revoked one was because she had to work under someone and he got in trouble then I guess she went and got a different type where she could work by herself... I think it's a non-issue because it was her supervisor that was in trouble and it caused her to change her paperwork...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:50 am

Bmore wrote:wouldn't the cost be public info tho?

I agree with you Bmore. These are tax dollars, not private funds. I fail to see that IF that is the issue, they could actually get a 'gag' order against them or something...I always believed that would and should be public knowledge. Example---I live in a small New England village. Once a year we have 'town meeting' that is open to all. (All towns in NE do as well). The tax budget for the year is presented, and it is discussed and agreed on exactly how much every entity will get, like the library gets so and so, and the firestation so and so. They then put out a little booklet that you can get at town hall and take for free, and it lists where all the tax dollars are spent and how.

This all sounds like more defense bullshit and temper tantrum stuff to me. I just don't see how it would hold any water. Of course maybe we are wrong as to what the real issue is...If not, I hope the judge slaps them down bigtime along with a lecture of bringing frivolous and unmerited action!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 am

AL is very knowledgeable about abuse and the psychology behind it. Her visual was very well explained. Her demeanour is conducive to her chosen field.

So I don't get why she is a defence witness.. that dog is barking up the wrong tree!! JMOO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:53 am

It's weird how states differ... In FL everything was full disclosure except for the really bad stuff that was kept till trial but both sides had to share everything, no trial by ambush... The dteam is complaining the state will see where they spent their money and track those witnesses down to see what they know to figure out the dteam's strategy... I think it's weird they get to hid things from each other but it's exciting too...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:55 am

because they're paying her? lol If the person signing the paycheck says this is the truth and we need you to explain to the jury how this works... Like Dr. S basing it on what JA said so your gut might say lie but your client is saying it's the truth so speak of it as it is...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:58 am

Like Sponge Bob says.... JM is going to bring it around downtown... He'll bring her to the light with a hypo situation like JW did and it's previous testimony so the jury will be familiar with it...

Refresh please... One night she caught him jerking then was it the next he broke her finger? I know one of those nights we have the texts that prove they weren't even together but can't remember for which event... think it was jerking...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:01 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
Bmore wrote:wouldn't the cost be public info tho?

I agree with you Bmore. These are tax dollars, not private funds. I fail to see that IF that is the issue, they could actually get a 'gag' order against them or something...I always believed that would and should be public knowledge. Example---I live in a small New England village. Once a year we have 'town meeting' that is open to all. (All towns in NE do as well). The tax budget for the year is presented, and it is discussed and agreed on exactly how much every entity will get, like the library gets so and so, and the firestation so and so. They then put out a little booklet that you can get at town hall and take for free, and it lists where all the tax dollars are spent and how.

This all sounds like more defense bullshit and temper tantrum stuff to me. I just don't see how it would hold any water. Of course maybe we are wrong as to what the real issue is...If not, I hope the judge slaps them down bigtime along with a lecture of bringing frivolous and unmerited action!

If it goes to client/atty privilege then I would infer that Hodi gave them a list of people to contact that she may have felt would be character witness' and or a employer and or a professional who was unable to give the kind of testimony that they hoped for..if the prosecution or the public knew of these individuals or the testimony they would give it would give no chance for Jodi to have any credibility... not that she has any now...

ex: a friend that Jodi thought would say nice things... but when interviewed the friend says she was manipulative, in her business, nasty when she didn't get her way, saw the fights with mom... etc..

would look very bad for JA and the jury would understand that the people that Hodi knew were around her because they were afraid not to be...
Old saying that is very true... keep your friends close and your enemies closer... jmoo
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:02 am

JAO... another one is don't sh!t where you eat but she can't seem to stop doing that either... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:06 am

lostyou wrote:I find it hard to believe that if this witness knew the whole story of JA & TA that she would testify that TA was the abuser. I wonder if she knows. I would think it would go against everything she has ever done to help victims.

I was thinking the same thing. In an effort not to hate every defense witness, and not having seen A's testimony, and going by what you are all saying, I just think this woman is out of her league. I think she's probably a really good counselor to TRULY abused women, but I would bet she knows very little of the rest of this case other than what she's been spoon fed by the defense, and I'll bet she knows almost nothing about the real Travis Alexander---of Jodi for that matter.
I can only hope our Juan blows her testimony out of the water and into meaningless bits.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:09 am

One of the other blogs had a picture of a man and a child sitting in a chair... it was Travis and his father according to them... I can't find it now! Has anyone else seen it... may be the pic Hodi is referring to about the spidey undies...

justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:09 am

lostyou wrote:
Bmore wrote:The abuse lawyer on HLN last night nailed it... she said she was going to stay broad and say TA's traits make him an abuser... but just from what we've seen of him on youtube, his writings, relationships, etc. this doesn't match. He's not in the norm, he overcame and isn't like "most" people...
Maybe TA became attracted to an abuser like JA because of his childhood.

...Perhaps because of his own background and BEFORE he realized just how serious Jodi's problems were, he saw things and thought he could help her, and then in time he realized she was a really sick person and he needed to be away from her.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:10 am

the thing that gets me is that she kept saying that she likes to talk to both people seperate to get a better understanding of the story but she's working off of one side and that person is a known liar... To stay non-bias you'd think she'd try to talk to someone from TA's camp like exgfs or something....
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:10 am

Bmore wrote:JAO... another one is don't sh!t where you eat but she can't seem to stop doing that either... lol

I use that one weekly... love it!! Razz
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:13 am

I use that too along with know your place and shut your face... I say it joking but my one daughter knows I'm telling her to watch her boundries... Or do you want to try that again? implying that you came across crappy and try it respectfully this time...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:16 am

Calypso wrote:Hello:

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=16213&P_LTE_ID=724

WTH??!!

Yeah! What's this all about?! Very interesting!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:16 am

The Forensic person testified about the camera that there were 20 pictures deleted... were there others we were not shown? or have we seen all 20 now... wondering if some are held back for rebuttal! seems like there are new ones showing up... but I may be wrong...

Also I am wondering why TA was still using his garments if he was currently sexually active.. seems like it is not something he would do.. based on his self reflective nature! Just a thought! Wondering if it was a Jodi planted evidence thing... if he had the regular kind of underwear... or if somehow he thought that he could be less persuaded if he wore them. I know we can't get the answer to this but it was something I wondered..
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:17 am

Dr.D's one juror, the one there everyday.... Katie? Said that she thinks the jury was listening to AL and thinking how her testimony relates to their lives, a bit of self reflection... I thought she was interesting, things I never thought to be abuse but just someone being an ahole is abuse apparently... In the next few days she's going to have to take everything she's taught us about abuse and tie it to JA/TA... going to be tough...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:17 am

Bmore wrote:I use that too along with know your place and shut your face... I say it joking but my one daughter knows I'm telling her to watch her boundries... Or do you want to try that again? implying that you came across crappy and try it respectfully this time...

omg love that ... wish I had heard it before!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
Calypso wrote:Hello:

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=16213&P_LTE_ID=724

WTH??!!

Yeah! What's this all about?! Very interesting!

from what FB said with her license and stuff... the revoked one was because she had to work under someone and he got in trouble then I guess she went and got a different type where she could work by herself... I think it's a non-issue because it was her supervisor that was in trouble and it caused her to change her paperwork...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:24 am

I'm very big on discipline, boundries, and structure... Not military like but real world... So to not come off as a complete jerk I use humor and my girls get it, I've never sugar coated anything for them. I see how their peers act on FB and in person and this generation is twisted, oozing of personality disorders... these kids are so in love with themselves, it's all about me and pay attention to me... I need attention so i'll cut myself (granted I think some people really have a problem with self harm but not as many that are doing it)... the violent physical fighting from both sexes... the sexual conduct... These kids just blow my mind... I'll be 40 in August and growing up you had a handful of messed up kids and now you have a handful of normal ones without all this baggage... I don't understand and I'm scared... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:27 am

from FB...

Prosecutor Martinez asked IT if she told Richard or Laviolette / if she told either she saw Travis watch images of children on computer. She said No. He asked again. She said she has no idea why or how either of them got that idea that she certainly didn't. Prosecutor Martinez said its in the report they made Nurmi went into objection side bar - question restated. Same response.
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 am

I'm curious what color the rental cobalt was when she got arrested... Was her car repoed by then? If not wonder why she had another rental, gun and knives... where was she going?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:31 am

Bmore wrote:I'm very big on discipline, boundries, and structure... Not military like but real world... So to not come off as a complete jerk I use humor and my girls get it, I've never sugar coated anything for them. I see how their peers act on FB and in person and this generation is twisted, oozing of personality disorders... these kids are so in love with themselves, it's all about me and pay attention to me... I need attention so i'll cut myself (granted I think some people really have a problem with self harm but not as many that are doing it)... the violent physical fighting from both sexes... the sexual conduct... These kids just blow my mind... I'll be 40 in August and growing up you had a handful of messed up kids and now you have a handful of normal ones without all this baggage... I don't understand and I'm scared... lol

I was 56 last week and I completely agree.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:32 am

Can't post pics so here's the link to the pic when TA was little with his gpa while wearing spiderman underwear... TA wearing them not gpa...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=118375061670087&set=pb.118186915022235.-2207520000.1364337085&type=3&theater
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:34 am

Happy late Birthday Olivier..
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:37 am

OK maybe that pic is with his Dad... I wonder if this is the one he had in his closet near the bathroom door? I know there was a 8x10ish pic in a frame on that shelf... I heard it was of him and his Dad... Maybe this was it so she was well aware of the little boy spidey underware... I don't think he was ever sitting on his bed with that type of picture unless it was when he was putting it in the frame to put in his closet...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:40 am

O.k., so why name Beth Karas and a couple TV producers in this action?

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:40 am

that double posted... weird
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:42 am

because they were the ones requesting the release of the info or reported the info they've received so far...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:43 am

justanopinion wrote:
auman58 wrote:

I am thinking that the release of the info they are trying to hide will show who refused to take the case i.e.: why they have a DV witness from California... and why the good doctor S ended up being the one facing the career gallows. The way the article is written implies that if the expense account was revealed then everyone would know that there was premeditation. JMO They found something that was undeniably premed and are hoping the pros did not find it!!

I agree it's probably something like that----Hope the judge says 'sorry, public dollars, public info'.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:46 am

if that is indeed the closet picture I would hope JM would introduce it into evidence because I think his expert is going to label JA with a personality disorder and lying disorder and say how they pull truth to put in their lies to help them remember... There is a pic in TA's room that she knew about, was familiar with that showed a little boy in underwear... Links to a lie... This little boy's underwear also happened to be Spiderman... I think it would show the jury there is no length to her self preservation...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:47 am

olivier57 wrote:
Bmore wrote:I'm very big on discipline, boundries, and structure... Not military like but real world... So to not come off as a complete jerk I use humor and my girls get it, I've never sugar coated anything for them. I see how their peers act on FB and in person and this generation is twisted, oozing of personality disorders... these kids are so in love with themselves, it's all about me and pay attention to me... I need attention so i'll cut myself (granted I think some people really have a problem with self harm but not as many that are doing it)... the violent physical fighting from both sexes... the sexual conduct... These kids just blow my mind... I'll be 40 in August and growing up you had a handful of messed up kids and now you have a handful of normal ones without all this baggage... I don't understand and I'm scared... lol

I was 56 last week and I completely agree.

lol almost lied to you all and me too... Mid 50's (was going to say early 50's and did a reality check) Laughing will be 55 this year... and I agree it is scary times.. between violence to others and self, promiscuity, and the need for instant gratification of everything. I worry that we have raised a generation that will refuse to work will have no ethics, morals or self value. Terrifying really!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:50 am

Bmore wrote:Can't post pics so here's the link to the pic when TA was little with his gpa while wearing spiderman underwear... TA wearing them not gpa...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=118375061670087&set=pb.118186915022235.-2207520000.1364337085&type=3&theater

screen captured and posted for ease of viewing...
Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 15 Ta12
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:54 am

JAO... My one daughter, they did a survey in their class about welfare and in a class of about 25+ kids only 3 raised their hands saying it was abused and taken advantage of by lazy mooches that use it for generations... My daughter was one of them, her and the other 2 were acused of being mean and all this other stuff... Have one live next door and see the stuff they do, the programs they take advantage of, not working , having more kids and see how they live better then you while you're paying their way... I think it's great when used for good but that's not the case to much anymore... The sense of entitlement from people now days is crazy... Exactly like JA... getting near 30 and hopped around waitressing but wanted the rockstar life and latched on to someone she thought would give her that when she didn't deserve it... So many people have no value added, don't contribute anything but want to cash in on the rewards... Rant over... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:57 am

TA might have had it really bad till he was 10 but in that pic he looks about 4, old enough to know when somethings wrong and if you look at his eyes they're smiling... I love it when kids have smiling eyes, you can see that they are happy in themselves... And I think he carried that positive attitude into his adulthood...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:02 am

justanopinion wrote:Pianist I admire you for rising above your circumstance and I am saddened that it took domestic violence to awaken those things. You are a testimony to those who feel trapped as you found a solution, made a plan and worked it.

I wonder if this witness is going to specifically talk about TA and JA or if she is just frosting. I hope that JM is soft with this one as I think the jury appreciates her compassion.
Forgot before that compassion and empathy are very different in the psych world... surprised that Dr.S confused the two in his testimony. If he asks this expert direct questions about JA's behaviour I think this expert will not roll under the JA bus willingly... JMO

Kudos to pianist. I am no engineer, just a lowly self made antiques dealer, public speaker, etc. but I was in an abusive marriage. He had severe hereditary bi-polar disorder, but was NOT diagnosed or known until AFTER his death. He committed suicide. I had 6 white-faced officers in my house telling me I was "lucky to be alive". I had pretty much zippety do da in the way of money. Insurance would not pay out. I moved alone from Illinois to New Hampshire after selling my small home and took all I had and bought a real dump---240 years old, that needed
A LOT of TLC and work. My business was not ready to support myself. More school, etc. was out of the question as there was no money for such things. I had a little open shop at the house. I also did antique shows on weekends, made hearth cooked meals for groups, in costume. Lectured for clubs, historical societies, etc., painted wall murals, made curtains for people, and even strung dried cranberries in my spare time for a few buck for lazy women.
I did everything I could to scrape by, and worked on restoring the house for almost 8 years alone before I met my wonderful hubby.
I garbage picked, bartered, salvaged, and ate popcorn and oatmeal for meals sometimes, but I made my little 18thc. cottage into a sweet little dream home.
I was NOT going to let what my previous husband did be MY legacy...I always told people the truth when they asked about how I came to be here, because I thought it might help someone. I got no help from family. I was determined to rebuild my life and I had always dreamed of an old house in New England.
When this happened to me, I had nothing to lose, so I determined to 'go for it' and at least try. If I hadn't gone for MY dream, (even if I failed) I would always have wondered "what if..."

Now, wonderful hubby lost his job a few years ago in bad economy and took the only job he could find here in our rural area---asst. teaching special needs kids and working a second job at LL Bean, in addition to all we do 'on the side'. I have NO insurance and we are hurting bad, trying to live on an impossible and insulting $300. a week. He has applied for hundreds of jobs back in his field, but nothing so far. Both of our ancient vehicles crapped out. We have the dear little house up for sale as we feel we have to move to an area that has more opportunities for what he actually does. Nothing is selling here. Even so, we would leave behind a home that is in gorgeous move-in shape, and and all we could afford to do is buy another old dump and start all over again---and we're not young 'chicks'.
Life is really hard and we just keep on trying...
I have no sympathy for the 'prima donnas' of this world, or those who feel 'entitled', or that they just can't live without the big house, cell phone, fancy cars, vacations, every techno device under the sun, etc.

I confess we feel pretty low now most every day, after all this time. We just keep trying, and hoping one day it'll be our turn for things to get better.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 am

Bmore wrote:I'm curious what color the rental cobalt was when she got arrested... Was her car repoed by then? If not wonder why she had another rental, gun and knives... where was she going?

Scott Peterson was going to flee when they arrested him and that came out in his trial! I think it's disgusting that the jury doesn't know about the circumstances of Jodi's arrest. Her actions show 'consciousness of guilt' and that is certainly supposed to be admissible!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 15 Empty Difficult times

Post by ShellJett Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:18 am

[quote="18thcenturylady"][quote="justanopinion"]Pianist I admire you for rising above your circumstance and I am saddened that it took domestic violence to awaken those things. You are a testimony to those who feel trapped as you found a solution, made a plan and worked it.

Kudos to pianist. I am no engineer, just a lowly self made antiques dealer, public speaker, etc. but I was in an abusive marriage. He had severe hereditary bi-polar disorder, but was NOT diagnosed or known until AFTER his death. He committed suicide. I had 6 white-faced officers in my house telling me I was "lucky to be alive". I had pretty much zippety do da in the way of money. Insurance would not pay out. I moved alone from Illinois to New Hampshire after selling my small home and took all I had and bought a real dump---240 years old, that needed
A LOT of TLC and work. My business was not ready to support myself. More school, etc. was out of the question as there was no money for such things. I had a little open shop at the house. I also did antique shows on weekends, made hearth cooked meals for groups, in costume. Lectured for clubs, historical societies, etc., painted wall murals, made curtains for people, and even strung dried cranberries in my spare time for a few buck for lazy women.
I did everything I could to scrape by, and worked on restoring the house for almost 8 years alone before I met my wonderful hubby.
I garbage picked, bartered, salvaged, and ate popcorn and oatmeal for meals sometimes, but I made my little 18thc. cottage into a sweet little dream home.
I was NOT going to let what my previous husband did be MY legacy...I always told people the truth when they asked about how I came to be here, because I thought it might help someone. I got no help from family. I was determined to rebuild my life and I had always dreamed of an old house in New England.
When this happened to me, I had nothing to lose, so I determined to 'go for it' and at least try. If I hadn't gone for MY dream, (even if I failed) I would always have wondered "what if..."

Now, wonderful hubby lost his job a few years ago in bad economy and took the only job he could find here in our rural area---asst. teaching special needs kids and working a second job at LL Bean, in addition to all we do 'on the side'. I have NO insurance and we are hurting bad, trying to live on an impossible and insulting $300. a week. He has applied for hundreds of jobs back in his field, but nothing so far. Both of our ancient vehicles crapped out. We have the dear little house up for sale as we feel we have to move to an area that has more opportunities for what he actually does. Nothing is selling here. Even so, we would leave behind a home that is in gorgeous move-in shape, and and all we could afford to do is buy another old dump and start all over again---and we're not young 'chicks'.
I have no sympathy for the 'prima donnas' of this world, or those who feel 'entitled', or that they just can't live without the big house, cell phone, fancy cars, vacations, every techno device under the sun, etc.

I confess we feel pretty low now most every day, after all this time. We just keep trying, and hoping one day it'll be our turn for things to get better.

Know the feeling 18th. Having very tough time myself. I am staying with my ex for a couple of weeks because my internet went down and I have very little oil for heat and hot water. Just can't afford oil. On a lighter note, my ex was in his bedroom last night, and I had been yelling at HLN in living room then finally changed the channel. I was on computer and realized HLN was on. I changed channel, and a few minutes later HLN was on. He was using something from the other room to put HLN back on just to be a ballbreaker. I caught on when I looked at him and he couldn't supress the smile. He tried to play dumb, but it was all over his face.

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by ShellJett Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:19 am

Don't know how I screwed up, but my reply is last paragraph of 18th's post. Sorry

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:29 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
justanopinion wrote:Pianist I admire you for rising above your circumstance and I am saddened that it took domestic violence to awaken those things. You are a testimony to those who feel trapped as you found a solution, made a plan and worked it.

18th, you have a Master's Degree in LIFE. Your tenacity in living should be admired. I bet you have good friends and you and that wonderful hubby smile at each other through everything. Maybe you should think about writing because your story could be an inspiration for others.
Pianist
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 am

Pianist wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:

Thanks! As it happens I have always been a writer. I was always told by people that I was so 'good'. I began a blog about 3 years ago as a way to share my life and focus on the upside. It is very popular I guess, but I was hoping it might lead to being published. I have sent it to lots of places, but no luck, lol.
I confess I haven't been writing for a month or so as I have been pretty melancholy and low...I know lots of people are going every day, and hope to see something but I just feel that the stuffin' has all been kicked out of me right now.
http://anhistoricallady.blogspot.com

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:41 am

Shell that's funny... He's like here you want this trial so bad, you make me have to hear it / hear about it, etc... Now you're just going to take it, open up here it comes... Haunting isn't it when HLN just won't leave you alone... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 am

[quote="ShellJett"][quote="18thcenturylady"]

Hi Shell,
I know...Isn't it terrible? You are in Ct. We're up in NH. Oil is unreal. It costs $1000. to fill our tank ONCE, and our home is small. (It would take at least 3 fills to get through a year). Your costs must be about the same! We have spent most of the winter freezing. I wear layers and layers, wool socks and fingerless gloves inside. It is so awful to be cold all the time. We just couldn't afford the heat. Terrible to be educated and feel like you're nothing any more, and to have to live this way.
Too funny about HLN! Hubby hears me yelling at the TV too, but now he get's sucked in the Jodi-saga at times too! He loves Juan as much as I do, and we both want to see the rebuttal case!
Hang in there friend~

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:54 am

18thcenturylady wrote:

Nice blog, nice house, nice pictures, what a work, congratulations !! Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 15 88030

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 am

olivier57 wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:

Nice blog, nice house, nice pictures, what a work, congratulations !! Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 - Page 15 88030

Thanks so very much Olivier! Much appreciate! Oh, by the way, my blog has a translator on it in sidebar---You can read it in French. I actually have lots of readers all over the world!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:20 am

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjenrn

@flame77 <---IS RIGHT @stark3923 @jeffgoldesq @Christi_Paul @DrDrewHLN LaViolette DID interview #jodiarias & she DID lie to Alyce ab't computer pics. Of course later changing story to match computer forensic evidence. Here's more info:

During Juan's cross of Jodi on Day 21, Juan mentions the hearing on August 8, 2011. This hearing was where Jodi tried to get Matt McCartney to lie for her about pedophilia accusations against Travis & attempted to slip magazines to him. LaViolette was in this same hearing & told Juan Martinez during questioning that Jodi had told her Travis was masturbating to images on a laptop (not pieces of paper on bed).

Separately, accounts say that Juan was furious about LaViolette's testimony and immediately filed a motion to preclude LaViolette from testifying about Travis Alexander in any way. Mainly because her testimony would be based on a lie from Jodi. Prosecutor could prove this was a lie because it directly contradicted Jodi saying she saw Travis masturbating to pictures on his bed NOT images on laptop.

On August 15, 2011, the judge granted the state's motion to preclude LaViolette from speaking about Travis and limiting her testimony about main issues of abuse.

Separately, I seem to recall that Jean Casarez was recently on HLN speaking about this same hearing where LaViolette and Juan got into it pretty heavily and that LaViolette didn't fare well against him. Apparently Jean didn't think LaViolette would hold up against Juan much better than on that day when he gets her on cross. Does anyone have that video?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next