Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10

+35
Moosiesmama
hello clarice
jerseyjul1
Sparrow
gsweater
indypeg59
Mellinyce
Mrskinger
stina
Ms. Gibson
Mylife101
Bo
18thcenturylady
Puzzler
LoriKaye
Alessandra_Deux
Ann - Tx
sitemama
Trueblue
Junebug
carlakay
Calypso
glazier
colsnipe
Pianist
ShellJett
auman58
lostyou
Mari 68
Weeziethm
justanopinion
tesstruhart
Bmore
Freckles
olivier57
39 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10 - Page 4 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10

Post by Calypso Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:31 am

I think that is only part of the reason.

Didn't TA threaten to "expose" her?

What exactly was he going to expose?

Why did she steal his journals, record their sex talk?

Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.........
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10 - Page 4 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:02 am

I shared some links on the THEORIES thread re JA.
These links will take you to informed mental health workers' blogs where the different abnormal personality traits are discussed. Easy read language! lol

Based upon what I was reading, JA probably has anti-social personality disorder (ASPD). If she had borderline personality, she would have not been capable of premeditation by its definition. With this type of disorder, ASPD, it is ALL about control AND sex is used as the medium for the ultimate control. This explains JA's use of sex-- OVA-- with the different males she slept with. It also explains why she used sex to get what she wanted (control, again, having them give in to her) and why this last encounter with Travis she had sex with him prior to murdering him. Ultimate control.

If you are like me, the abhorrence of being intimate so close to the time of the murder probably left you feeling disgusted and nauseated. It is very common in serial killers with this personality disorder to have sex (control) and then the ultimate control over life and death.

Solid, short reads.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:14 am

Calypso wrote:I think that is only part of the reason.

Didn't TA threaten to "expose" her?

What exactly was he going to expose?

Why did she steal his journals, record their sex talk?

Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.........
Are the journals still missing?
If so, one has to wonder exactly what Travis had written in the journals;
did he write of JA and difficulties therein or did he fail to mention her altogether?
TA did not appear to dwell on those things he had not resolved in his writings.

I am still holding out TA had recently discovered she was stealing money from him via the ATM. She was broke and had to have gotten the money somewhere for she lived pretty high on the hog, IMO. (Hair colorings, wax jobs, nails being done; Starbucks and Starbucks and Starbucks. Lots of traveling between cities and moving about.Insurance on the Affinity, auto not paid in full, would have been hefty.)

BTW, I find it very interesting JA's family consistently being in the restaurant business. JA having her occupations always in the same industry. Yet. JA never cooks?
We have heard TA made cookies on a regular basis BUT we have never heard of JA being in the kitchen baking alongside him. Seems they traveled together on a few occasions (trip to Sedona/grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, some conventions) and... had sex. I doubt if it was even half as much as JA has stated...But. That was it to their relationship? No flowers? No funny cards? No little Christmas gifts or birthday gifts? No sweet nothings? No "thinking of you" gifts? Pretty stark and empty relationship, IMO.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:47 am

Freckles wrote:I shared some links on the THEORIES thread re JA.
These links will take you to informed mental health workers' blogs where the different abnormal personality traits are discussed. Easy read language! lol

Based upon what I was reading, JA probably has anti-social personality disorder (ASPD). If she had borderline personality, she would have not been capable of premeditation by its definition. With this type of disorder, ASPD, it is ALL about control AND sex is used as the medium for the ultimate control. This explains JA's use of sex-- OVA-- with the different males she slept with. It also explains why she used sex to get what she wanted (control, again, having them give in to her) and why this last encounter with Travis she had sex with him prior to murdering him. Ultimate control.

If you are like me, the abhorrence of being intimate so close to the time of the murder probably left you feeling disgusted and nauseated. It is very common in serial killers with this personality disorder to have sex (control) and then the ultimate control over life and death.

Solid, short reads.

She is still doing her control gig with the court.

Not enough food in jail.
Needs medication (even though she said she wasn't taking anything).
Take off ribbons.
Shut everything down because of "migraines".
Court must end @ 4:30.

And if I didn't know better, I'd swear they had an insolent 18-year-old on the stand instead of a 32-year-old "woman".
Arrested development? I'm not a shrink so..........
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 am

Jodi Arias prosecutor's conduct questioned

Michael Kiefer, The Arizona Republic
5:50a.m. EDT March 29, 2013

(VIDEO)

PHOENIX -- Prosecutor Juan Martinez dances on the edge of outrage in the courtroom, and his TV following loves it.

But on Thursday it came back to haunt him when defense attorneys for accused killer Jodi Arias were able to introduce a string of emails -- over his repeated objections -- showing that victim Travis Alexander's close friends had tried to warn Arias that Alexander was an abusive womanizer.

~Snipped~

Furthermore, according to the filing, the case agent, Mesa police Detective Esteban Flores, told the defense attorneys that there was nothing "out of the ordinary" among Alexander's emails; about 8,000 were turned over to the defense in June 2010, including the Hughes emails.

The 2011 filing details the email contents, including "A response from Mr. Hughes ... wherein he asserts that he believes Jodi would be his (Travis') next victim and that Jodi was just another girl that he (Travis) was playing." Alexander allegedly replied by saying "I am a bit of a sociopath."

Other emails from Sky Hughes, the filing says, say that Alexander considered Arias to be a "booty call," and said "How he, Mr. Alexander, was abusive to Jodi and ... how he was beating her emotionally in part by making out with her without giving her a commitment." And there is an email from another woman Alexander was seeing at the time "wherin she complains of Mr. Alexander's conduct making her feel used and dirty."

Read more:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/28/arias-prosecutors-conduct-questioned/2029913/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:04 pm

Calypso wrote:
Hey Ann!!

David Lohr has them as well on youTube:

Cut and paste title on youTube. There should be a list of the rest of these videos to the right.

I added all 18 videos in another sub-thread:
http://www.realitychatter.com/t4279-jodi-arias-unedited-police-interrogation

Thanks, Caly! You are awesome. I had no idea where to post it. You and others are doing a remarkable job of organizing the Jodi Arias info on threads.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Thanks you, Ann. You're pretty awesome yourself!!

guitar

Everyone has been doing an awesome job!!!!

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10 - Page 4 839314
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:39 pm

Just a quick note in here: Happy, blessed Easter to all. I am awaiting the onslaught of family and grandkids to hunt for eggs. Then tomorrow I will get back to thinking about this mess again. Have a great day all.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriKaye Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi.. First time posting, just to get my feet wet i thought i would ask if anyone knows how the heck Chris @ Skye Hughes got Travis's journals, I thought JA stole them in April 2008 when she moved back to Yreka. If all goes well with this first post I can't wait to get into all the back stories of this wackadoodle and her cast of characters.. I think I have a lot to bring to this table not just eat from it..Thanks . hope I don't get my hand slapped straight out of the gate,
LoriKaye
LoriKaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueblue Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:16 pm

Welcome LoriKaye to RC!
Trueblue
Trueblue

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10 - Page 4 864739 to RC LoriKaye. We always welcome new opinions, well maybe I should say new ppl with possibly the same opinions that the rest of us have. So far, not many disagree with the prosecutor.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10 - Page 4 Empty Welcome to all new members!

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi, LoriKaye!

Welcome to Reality Chatter! We are very happy to have you join us on the Jodi Arias (JA) threads. Hope you will find other cases that you might be interested in. However, Jodi Arias seems to be the most popular case/trial to follow at this time!

As you will see, there are many threads that members have set up regarding the JA case/trial. Many members who are following this trial have done an exceptional job of keeping the threads updated.

I am not able to answer your question. I have not been able to follow the case/trial closely as I initially did. However, there are numerous members here that have followed this case closely and are very knowledgeable and up to date re the trial. Hopefully, someone will answer your question soon.

Today is Easter Sunday so most folks are probably not able to be on RC. I bet you will have an answer to your question tomorrow!

The Jody Arias trial and the murder of Travis Alexander have initiated a lot of interest. There are many new members posting on the JA threads. A special welcome to all of the new RC members!

For all new members:

If you need any help in navigating this website, just ask. We help each other and there is a wonderful group of people that post here at Reality Chatter. You can leave your question regarding navigating this site or help with whatever at this thread:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3816-help-your-thread-for-questions-and-answers
Reality Chatter - Help! Your thread for Questions and Answers

On the Homepage, you can click on this Link. It is at the top of the Homepage in the center under Quick Links.

Justice4All and FystyAngel are the site owners and Admin. Julie and KZ are our Moderators. sitemama, a long term original member, keeps us in line and I guess I just love welcoming folks to Reality Chatter!

Happy posting and welcome to all new members: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10 - Page 4 803492
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:59 pm

And a very good job you do of welcoming new members Anne. Don't let her fool you, she does lots more than greet ppl on RC. She adds to a lot of other threads here.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriKaye Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:56 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome.. I am excited to be here....
LoriKaye
LoriKaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:34 am

If you haven't already seen this video - it's interesting:

Finding Premeditation Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoQoF-UE6I8&feature=youtu.be

Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:36 am

A second part to the tape above:

Finding Premeditation Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CskWKO3gW2E

Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10 - Page 4 Empty New member has a question. If you know the answer, please respond to LoriKaye. Thanks.

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:04 am

New member has a question. There are many here that are very knowledgeable about this case, trial, evidence introduced at trial, etc. If you know the answer, please respond to LoriKaye. Thanks.

LoriKaye wrote:Hi.. First time posting, just to get my feet wet i thought i would ask if anyone knows how the heck Chris @ Skye Hughes got Travis's journals, I thought JA stole them in April 2008 when she moved back to Yreka.

If all goes well with this first post I can't wait to get into all the back stories of this wackadoodle and her cast of characters.. I think I have a lot to bring to this table not just eat from it..Thanks . hope I don't get my hand slapped straight out of the gate,

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:08 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Jodi Arias prosecutor's conduct questioned

Michael Kiefer, The Arizona Republic
5:50a.m. EDT March 29, 2013

(VIDEO)

PHOENIX -- Prosecutor Juan Martinez dances on the edge of outrage in the courtroom, and his TV following loves it.

But on Thursday it came back to haunt him when defense attorneys for accused killer Jodi Arias were able to introduce a string of emails -- over his repeated objections -- showing that victim Travis Alexander's close friends had tried to warn Arias that Alexander was an abusive womanizer.

~Snipped~

Furthermore, according to the filing, the case agent, Mesa police Detective Esteban Flores, told the defense attorneys that there was nothing "out of the ordinary" among Alexander's emails; about 8,000 were turned over to the defense in June 2010, including the Hughes emails.

The 2011 filing details the email contents, including "A response from Mr. Hughes ... wherein he asserts that he believes Jodi would be his (Travis') next victim and that Jodi was just another girl that he (Travis) was playing." Alexander allegedly replied by saying "I am a bit of a sociopath."

Other emails from Sky Hughes, the filing says, say that Alexander considered Arias to be a "booty call," and said "How he, Mr. Alexander, was abusive to Jodi and ... how he was beating her emotionally in part by making out with her without giving her a commitment." And there is an email from another woman Alexander was seeing at the time "wherin she complains of Mr. Alexander's conduct making her feel used and dirty."

Read more:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/28/arias-prosecutors-conduct-questioned/2029913/

Hi guys,
I am back after the Easter weekend. I read this and am feeling sick. Is this true? If the defense had emails from Chris Hughes saying Travis was "abusive" or using Jodi, why didn't they use them before now?
This sounds very bad, if true...I just can't believe the Hughes would have written something like that. I didn't think they EVER liked Jodi from the beginning. Can someone please give me more info on if this is true or not? If so, why is Chris Hughes on the list as a prosecution rebuttal witness? He would certainly be asked why he said his own friend was an abusive player! Yikes, I see this as very damning for the prosecution...I am gob-smacked and now worrying all over again.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:32 am

LoriKaye wrote:Hi.. First time posting, just to get my feet wet i thought i would ask if anyone knows how the heck Chris @ Skye Hughes got Travis's journals, I thought JA stole them in April 2008 when she moved back to Yreka. If all goes well with this first post I can't wait to get into all the back stories of this wackadoodle and her cast of characters.. I think I have a lot to bring to this table not just eat from it..Thanks . hope I don't get my hand slapped straight out of the gate,

Welcome!!!

Hi LoriKaye~
I am lost right now. I thought that Travis' journals went missing long ago, and that the assumption was that Jodi may have stolen them. Now I am getting bits about the journals being in the possession of Chris and Skye Hughes (???????)
I am hoping someone out there can tell us if that is true or not, and what about damning evidence of Travis being abusive to Jodi in emails from the Hughes????

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:33 am

Puzzler wrote:If you haven't already seen this video - it's interesting:

Excellent job, I recommend !

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:37 am

LoriKaye wrote:Hi.. First time posting, just to get my feet wet i thought i would ask if anyone knows how the heck Chris @ Skye Hughes got Travis's journals, I thought JA stole them in April 2008 when she moved back to Yreka. If all goes well with this first post I can't wait to get into all the back stories of this wackadoodle and her cast of characters.. I think I have a lot to bring to this table not just eat from it..Thanks . hope I don't get my hand slapped straight out of the gate,

Travis Alexander's Journals

SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY

MINUTE ENTRY

Page 4:

Sky Hughes is sworn and testifies.

The Court has ordered that Sky Hughes should submit to a deposition.

At the request of Defense,

IT IS ORDERED that after Sky Hughes' deposition is completed, Sky Hughes should turn over the victim's journal(s) to Detective Flores.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/062010/m4272242.pdf

Chris Hughes' wife, Sky Hughes, had Travis Alexander's journals and was ordered by the court, on a request by the defense, to turn them over to detective Flores.

I haven't seen any other court document stating that Travis' journals were in Jodi's possession.

I don't know the answer as to why Sky Hughes had Travis' journals or how she got them.

The above document is the only court document (that I have seen) where Travis' journals are mentioned

Welcome to RC!!!
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:31 am

olivier57 wrote:
Puzzler wrote:If you haven't already seen this video - it's interesting:

Excellent job, I recommend !

This is a 2 part video, and is just fantastic! I agree with Olivier---Please watch. (After part 1, just click on his link that says '5 videos' and you will see part 2.)

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:47 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:

MARICOPA COUNTY

MINUTE ENTRY

Page 4:

IT IS ORDERED that after Sky Hughes' deposition is completed, Sky Hughes should turn over the victim's journal(s) to Detective Flores.

Chris Hughes' wife, Sky Hughes, had Travis Alexander's journals and was ordered by the court, on a request by the defense, to turn them over to detective Flores.

I haven't seen any other court document stating that Travis' journals were in Jodi's possession.

I don't know the answer as to why Sky Hughes had Travis' journals or how she got them.

The above document is the only court document (that I have seen) where Travis' journals are mentioned

Welcome to RC!!!

Thank you so much for this info. I wonder what is in the journals and why the prosecution has not used them at some point in this trial yet. That worries me a bit. I would think the words of the victim from his own journal would be very important. It will be interesting to hear what Juan asks Skye Hughes about in the rebuttal case. Is Chris a witness for the rebuttal as well?

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 am

Very intriguing as to "why" the Hughes' would have TA's journals.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:35 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

MARICOPA COUNTY

MINUTE ENTRY

Page 4:

Welcome to RC!!!

Thank you so much for this info. I wonder what is in the journals and why the prosecution has not used them at some point in this trial yet. That worries me a bit. I would think the words of the victim from his own journal would be very important. It will be interesting to hear what Juan asks Skye Hughes about in the rebuttal case. Is Chris a witness for the rebuttal as well?

Hi 18thcenturylady,

This is a video of an evidentiary hearing where Sky Hughes testified. The hearing was outside the presence of the jury. She said that the prosecution was not going to use her, in other words, Martinez was not going to call her to testify.

Jodi Arias Trial Day 18 (Full)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p1OBwWTGaQ

I believe that Chris and Sky are on the defense's witness list, I haven't seen/read the prosecution rebuttal witness list. I don't know for certain if Martinez is going to call Chris to testify.

I found the following docket entry for this case:

3/26/2013 LOW - List Of Witnesses/Exhibit/Evidence - Party (001) 3/26/2013

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

This might be the prosecution rebuttal witness list.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:50 am

I'm sure everyone here has already heard the defense's opening statement before now; but, I've just finished listening to it (like I said, I'm very late getting into this case).

And...it was interesting to listen to Wilmott's opening after the past couple of defense witnesses have testified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgCJQ97DHgs

Now...going to go listen to the prosecution's opening statement.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 am

Thanks Ann for supplying that court link re the journals Sky Hughes has in her possession. Bless her heart for understanding the importance of those journals and for grabbing those!

Lori- Welcome to RC!
A woman Travis knew helped him to edit his book. In the forward of his book, he mentions her name and thanks her for the assistance she gave. On her website, now unavailable, she wrote a message to Travis stating he really did not need her assistance as the construction of his work was exceptional. (He had gathered his book material from his journals.) When Jodi railed against TA for not mentioning her and giving her credit for helping edit his book while thanking others, this is what JA was referring to. I do not know if the "editor" still has those specific journals or not.

There was media mention of missing journals and speculation JA may have stolen those journals to possibly construct the fraudulent pedophile letters the court refused to admit as evidence, and Jodi's mother attempted to sell to the National Enquirer. These are somehow connected to JA's past bf and current "friend" Matt M. He testified in a hearing regarding the admission of these letters. Prior to the testimony, JA had "smuggled" messages in two different magazines to be given to Matt by a former jail roommate visiting JA. (This is the reason, IMO, witnesses are being asked IF they had gifted magazines or magazine subscriptions to JA, including the current witness, Alyce.) And, it is speculated Matt probably would not want to return to AZ to testify on behalf of JA since his credibility would be ruined.

As I am typing this I am thinking of how simple your question was. I sure hope Ann, myself, or others have been able to answer your written question! geek

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:58 am

Better late than never, Puzzler! rocker
Missed you... Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10 - Page 4 836886
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Alessandra said: " I believe that Chris and Sky are on the defense's witness list, I haven't seen/read the prosecution rebuttal witness list. I don't know for certain if Martinez is going to call Chris to testify.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

This might be the prosecution rebuttal witness list."

Help! How you negotiate these sites is totally beyond me! I just gave it a try and it is going to be one of those days... Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10 - Page 4 355665

Would you provide a short list of the remaining potential witnesses and post the link and info to the COURT DOC thread? Thanks!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:34 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:

Hi 18thcenturylady,

This is a video of an evidentiary hearing where Sky Hughes testified. The hearing was outside the presence of the jury. She said that the prosecution was not going to use her, in other words, Martinez was not going to call her to testify.

Jodi Arias Trial Day 18 (Full)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p1OBwWTGaQ

I believe that Chris and Sky are on the defense's witness list, I haven't seen/read the prosecution rebuttal witness list. I don't know for certain if Martinez is going to call Chris to testify.

This might be the prosecution rebuttal witness list.

Quite awhile back I saw a hearing with Skye Hughes on the stand. This one above was what I saw. I think it was around the time that that creepy Gus Searcy was up. AFTER that I heard that she WAS then supoenaed to be a witness for Juan, and was told not to talk to the media anymore. As far as I know, that was still the plan. I am sure I heard that she is NOT going to be a witness for the defense. I don't know if her husband is going to be a witness also or not. I remember only hearing that Skye Hughes was supposed to be part of the rebuttal case.
IF they had the journals, and if she said things about Travis that painted him as an abuser, I can't imagine why she would be testifying. I am going nuts wondering about all this.
I went to the link above but I could not find the document you mention.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:37 pm

IMO, Sky would be testifying so as to clear the issues re the emails she exchanged with Travis. The reason she "scolded" him re his behavior and actions with JA.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Freckles wrote:Alessandra said: " I believe that Chris and Sky are on the defense's witness list, I haven't seen/read the prosecution rebuttal witness list. I don't know for certain if Martinez is going to call Chris to testify.

This might be the prosecution rebuttal witness list."

Help! How you negotiate these sites is totally beyond me! I just gave it a try and it is going to be one of those days... Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10 - Page 4 355665

Would you provide a short list of the remaining potential witnesses and post the link and info to the COURT DOC thread? Thanks!

Freckles, the above link is the link to the Jodi Arias Case History/ Docket.

The prosecution's rebuttal witness list has not been made public.

I've previously read that Matt McCartney, Skye Hughes, Chris Hughes and Dr Janeen DeMarte were on Martinez's rebuttal witness list.

According to the following information Matt McCartney is not going to be called by the prosecution:

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
Saturday.
CONFIRMED: Matt McCartney will NOT be appearing as a rebuttal witness.

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis

I don't have additional information.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:13 pm

Travis Alexander as you've never seen him before

During the Jodi Arias trial, the focus has been on the last moments of Travis Alexander's life. But who was he before he was killed in June 2008? Here are some photos of Travis in better times.

By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 9:48 AM EDT, Mon April 01, 2013
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #10 - Page 4 4_wheeling_trip_1
1 of 32

Photo Gallery:

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/03/29/new-photos-travis-alexander-jodi-arias-murder-trial
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Freckles wrote:IMO, Sky would be testifying so as to clear the issues re the emails she exchanged with Travis. The reason she "scolded" him re his behavior and actions with JA.

Yes, but I am hearing here that she (and/or Chris) told Jodi in emails that Travis WAS abusive and used women? I am finding that really hard to believe, but then that would explain why the defense wanted her as a witness, at least at one time. I am hearing that bits of these emails are coming out through Alyce L. but that Juan keeps objecting. Why in hell would Travis' friends have said such disparaging and damaging things about him?

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:27 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:
Freckles wrote:IMO, Sky would be testifying so as to clear the issues re the emails she exchanged with Travis. The reason she "scolded" him re his behavior and actions with JA.

Yes, but I am hearing here that she (and/or Chris) told Jodi in emails that Travis WAS abusive and used women? I am finding that really hard to believe, but then that would explain why the defense wanted her as a witness, at least at one time. I am hearing that bits of these emails are coming out through Alyce L. but that Juan keeps objecting. Why in hell would Travis' friends have said such disparaging and damaging things about him?

I think Skye was a bit of a schitt-disturber in the sense that she would get all up in anyone's business. Travis was making out with Jodi - making out with other girls - keeping them all separate. Jodi, for sure, was constantly trying to get a commitment from him - everyone knew that, too. So Jodi contacts Skye - acting all non-sociopathic, and vents her frustrations to her. Skye is agreeing with her - yeah, Travis has done this in the past, won't commit, makes out with girls, dates several at a time, blah blah blah.

So then Skye emails Travis - and she's condemning his behavior. Telling him its not fair, he should be more honest, make a commitment or leave the girl alone. blah blah blah. Calls his behavior abusive, possibly. At least called his behavior "immoral" according to their Mormom standards.

Really, if the entire email chain came out, it would hurt Jodi in the end. During this time, prior to the official February 2nd "we're now dating" date, Jodi was pretending to receive "threats" from unknown stalkers - all PPL related. Someone watching her, telling her Travis won't be able to save you, etc. Really childish and outlandish things. Stuff you and I would call BullSchhitt on immediately. And Travis' friends did call it for what it was. They told Travis the email stalker was a fake and that Jodi made it all up - she was just trying to get him to commit. Eventually Travis believed every syllable from Jodi's mouth and they became official on Feb 2.

Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Mari-
I don't think so about Sky Hughes.
BOTH she and her husband, Chris, had taken a liking to Travis and were "mentoring" him as an older couple might do with a younger person. He often was in their home and had weekly meals at Chris Hughes' father's home, IIRC.

First thing is understand the rules, the boundaries of a situation. Sky has explained she found JA's behavior in the presence of HER children to be objectionable as it was constantly toucch0feely with Travis. She did not want her children around this behavior as it was against the basic tenets of her religious faith. IF JA was going to be doing this in her home then JA would be unwelcome.

I am sure Sky expressed to Travis something similar re HIS permitting the behavior and perhaps encouraging it or even participating in this touching, IMO, when Sky says Travis' behavior would be so unacceptable SHE would not consider allowing him to date her own sister, she is sending him the message to clean up and fly right. Not saying he was doing anything the "outside" world would regard as shocking but just saying it was not behavior deemed appropriate by their faith.

When Sky sposedly tells JA she might end up "like" the other woman--- apparently, it became common knowledge within the social fabric of the improprieties TA had in touching a woman's butt, perhaps as he pulled her in for a kiss? Only two people were present for that-- the woman and TA. So who told? Sky was NOT there. Was JA trying to control Travis thru his friends and blabbing to them how terrible he was and they simply told JA to go away? Did she try to get him to marry her by blabbing bedroom secrets (real or imagined) and it back-fired so the scarlet woman was told SHE was not welcome for SHE was leading Travis astray?

We ask for our children to have certain morality in a world that seems very immoral. Yet when we stomp our foot and say, NO! Not in MY presence! people brand us as "intolerant" or unreasonable. Since there ARE written guidelines with the LDS church, there are specific procedures for those who violate the tenets, and others ARE called to assist the sinner in atonement, why are we so harsh when Sky is chastising her brother-in-faith and her husband's good friend?

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Freckles wrote:Mari-
I don't think so about Sky Hughes.
BOTH she and her husband, Chris, had taken a liking to Travis and were "mentoring" him as an older couple might do with a younger person. He often was in their home and had weekly meals at Chris Hughes' father's home, IIRC.

First thing is understand the rules, the boundaries of a situation. Sky has explained she found JA's behavior in the presence of HER children to be objectionable as it was constantly toucch0feely with Travis. She did not want her children around this behavior as it was against the basic tenets of her religious faith. IF JA was going to be doing this in her home then JA would be unwelcome.

I am sure Sky expressed to Travis something similar re HIS permitting the behavior and perhaps encouraging it or even participating in this touching, IMO, when Sky says Travis' behavior would be so unacceptable SHE would not consider allowing him to date her own sister, she is sending him the message to clean up and fly right. Not saying he was doing anything the "outside" world would regard as shocking but just saying it was not behavior deemed appropriate by their faith.

When Sky sposedly tells JA she might end up "like" the other woman--- apparently, it became common knowledge within the social fabric of the improprieties TA had in touching a woman's butt, perhaps as he pulled her in for a kiss? Only two people were present for that-- the woman and TA. So who told? Sky was NOT there. Was JA trying to control Travis thru his friends and blabbing to them how terrible he was and they simply told JA to go away? Did she try to get him to marry her by blabbing bedroom secrets (real or imagined) and it back-fired so the scarlet woman was told SHE was not welcome for SHE was leading Travis astray?

We ask for our children to have certain morality in a world that seems very immoral. Yet when we stomp our foot and say, NO! Not in MY presence! people brand us as "intolerant" or unreasonable. Since there ARE written guidelines with the LDS church, there are specific procedures for those who violate the tenets, and others ARE called to assist the sinner in atonement, why are we so harsh when Sky is chastising her brother-in-faith and her husband's good friend?

I didn't mean anything negative about Skye at all - and I know what you mean about her and Chris. They loved Travis - sincerely, I believe. With respect to the emails Alyce LaViolette is talking about - that exchange of a few emails took place in January 2007.

I am only speaking about that time-frame. Skye interjecting into the drama of it all? Schitt-disturbing in my view. HOWEVER, her motive/intent was because she cared. Still, crossed the boundaries in my view.

I think this was normal though - for Travis to look up to them for advice and whatnot. Jodi weaseled into that. Played it.

Nobody ever said "Jodi, please don't contact my friends to discuss me" That would have been the RED FLAG for myself.

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:21 pm

Freckles wrote:

I wish Sky, being all grown up and all, would NOT have engaged in email tit for tats with Jodi.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:24 pm

There are two new docket entries:

3/31/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/1/2013
NOTE: MOTION FOR MISTRIAL: JUROR MISCONDUCT

3/31/2013 OBJ - Objection/Opposition. - Party (001) 4/1/2013
NOTE: DEDEFENDANT’S OBJECTION TO ELICITING TESTIMONY OR MAKING ARGUMENT RELATED TO AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES FOR WHICH PROBABLE CAUSE HAS NOT BEEN FOUND

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:There are two new docket entries:

3/31/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/1/2013
NOTE: MOTION FOR MISTRIAL: JUROR MISCONDUCT

3/31/2013 OBJ - Objection/Opposition. - Party (001) 4/1/2013
NOTE: DEDEFENDANT’S OBJECTION TO ELICITING TESTIMONY OR MAKING ARGUMENT RELATED TO AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES FOR WHICH PROBABLE CAUSE HAS NOT BEEN FOUND

I wonder how we can see the whole thing? Maybe someone has to go down there and request the copies
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:55 pm

Juror Misconduct???

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Bo wrote:Juror Misconduct???

This trial seems to be going so badly for Jodi - the defense knows it - they HAVE to file for these mistrials left and right.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:24 pm

Document:

MOTION FOR MISTRIAL: JUROR MISCONDUCT

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/AriasJuror.pdf
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Jodi Arias defense calls for juror to be dismissed

By Michael Kiefer
The Republic | azcentral.com

Mon Apr 1, 2013 1:42 PM

Defense attorneys for Jodi Arias have filed a motion for mistrial or to have a juror dismissed for unspecified conduct.

The motion comes out of a hearing on Thursday in which Arias’ lead attorney, Kirk Nurmi, alleged that prosecutor Juan Martinez may have been viewed by jurors when he was posing for photographs and signing autographs for his fans outside the Maricopa County Court House.

Read more:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130401jodi-arias-trial-juror-dismiss.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm

If there is a mistrial, will the next one cost as much ?

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:43 pm

olivier57 wrote:If there is a mistrial, will the next one cost as much ?

she'd plead and accept life w/o parole

a new jury would be privy to every itty bitty bit of testimony from this trial - so not just her previous lies, but the ones she's making now on the stand will be admissible in second trial

and there'd be no surprises for Juan - 3 gas cans, no just two, I returned one - Juan didn't know she was gonna say that on the stand - he had to scramble around to dispute it. HENCE, the REBUTTAL portion of this trial.

so yeah, if she gets a mistrial she'd probably just accept life w/o parole if it was offered to her
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Are they having court tuesday? Why none today?

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Jodi Arias trial update: Attorneys ask for mistrial because of juror misconduct, want juror out

By: Corey Rangel
Posted: 2:02 PM
Last Updated: 34 minutes ago

PHOENIX - Jodi Arias' attorneys have filed a motion asking for a mistrial because of juror misconduct.

In the filing, Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott said the juror misconduct was discovered in sealed proceedings that took place last Thursday.

The attorneys are asking for a mistrial or that Juror 5 be removed from the jury because "statements Juror 5 made in front of her fellow jurors amounts to misconduct that inserted partiality in what is supposed to be an impartial body."

~Snipped~

During that hearing, information came out that "Juror 5 engaged in misconduct that affected more than one juror."

Read more:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-trial-update-attorneys-ask-for-mistrial-because-of-juror-misconduct#ixzz2PLc0dmb1
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Wonder what juror 5 said?

Hopefully they can just get rid of this juror and keep moving forward.

After the many millions of dollars spent and the YEARS of preparation, and the MONTHS of trial - the last thing we want is an idiot juror spouting off at the mouth!

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:30 pm

I cannot believe this. If, this is true, then I actually think that wormy nurmi may have a point. I hope the remedy is to just dismiss the juror in question. I know that it really will benefit the state because Juan can then tighten up his case a little more and also, as someone mentioned, all her statements will be on the record. I wonder if this is granted if wormy gets to be dismissed off the case as well? I know he wanted off the case. Whoever this juror is, I cannot believe they would put the whole trial in jeopardy after all this mess.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next