Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19

+32
yellow bike
Trueblue
keikikiki
lostyou
spammie
Weeziethm
Ann - Tx
auman58
olivier57
Freckles
renatae
Mylife101
sitemama
justanopinion
Alessandra_Deux
Sarainbc
Mari 68
Pianist
18thcenturylady
carlakay
WeeBonnie
sassy5d
tesstruhart
Moosiesmama
LoriKaye
gsweater
Bmore
Mrskinger
Bo
hello clarice
Junebug
Cubs Fan
36 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19

Post by Bmore Fri May 03, 2013 7:13 pm

I had to go to Lowes and missed JM's rebutt...
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19

Post by Bmore Fri May 03, 2013 7:17 pm

from fb...

Melissa Guy Collins - Right about now JA is singing "Oh, holy shit...."
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri May 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Bmore wrote:I had to go to Lowes and missed JM's rebutt...

well he basicly blew away everything Nurmi said..also FINALLY reveiled how she witness tampered with MM thru that shady magazine biz..more but my brain is so scrambled cuz I am all worked up cuz dunno how this works..do they get to go as long as they want tonight or what?
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy5d Fri May 03, 2013 7:22 pm

Anyone watch South Park? Nurmi's closing was bothering me all day. I said where did I hear this before?? It was the 'Johnny Cochran' Wookie defense in South Park.
sassy5d
sassy5d

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy5d Fri May 03, 2013 7:24 pm

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=clKi92j6eLE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DclKi92j6eLE
sassy5d
sassy5d

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri May 03, 2013 7:26 pm

what's up with the blood smears in the shower...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy5d Fri May 03, 2013 7:26 pm

The episode is longer than that clip but that's the jist. But Johnny said it over and over, like Nurmi..
sassy5d
sassy5d

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri May 03, 2013 7:28 pm

I love south park.... lol

They set their schedule for 9a - 430p (12 - 730 est)... Monday thru Friday...

They should be picking their fore-person now then maybe a initial ballot to see where they stand...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri May 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Chewbacca defense... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy5d Fri May 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Ya that's it, chewbacca.. Am I right?? Was he watching Southpark??
sassy5d
sassy5d

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri May 03, 2013 7:43 pm

yes Chewbacca.... Chewie... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri May 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Freckles wrote:
Mari 68 wrote:Stepping out for a smoke again.

anyone want anything from the parking lot?

used butts? a dead bee?
Sunshine and CA warmth!
Give me a Santa Ana... blow this crap out all the way to AZ.

@Mari...Umm....no thank you on the used butts and bees.

@Freckles....definitely no thank you on the bad weather for AZ Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 426766
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri May 03, 2013 8:01 pm

renatae wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:

Ummm...who is the sex master that had his wife killed?

Just a thought...perhaps someone could hook this "sex master" dude up with Stabby Einstein? Wonder how that would turn out? Very Happy

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 Ninja

Ninja Jodi wakes up one day next to bondage master who somehow tied himself up and handcuffed himself to sleigh bed.

Somehow in a fog, she must have accidentally cut him 42 times while attempting to free him from the cuffs and rope in which he had entangled himself after having ranted all night about how evil he was because he fantasized about the Seven Dwarves. Wakes up in helicopter with bloody hands which skateboarding gang had forced her into. Somehow lands helicopter using her Einstein-like capabilities and finds out she is 4 miles outside of Cancun.

When forced to admit that she knifed him deliberately, her defense is that the Master used lard because he was too cheap to buy KY.

Film at 11.

OMG!!! You are too funny!!! Laughing
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri May 03, 2013 8:08 pm

gsweater wrote:
Freckles wrote:JA and dteam ruin everything.
I am getting a headache...
I hope the jury really socks it to her and to this crap-shot team.

Hope it is worth ALL the money Nurm!
Your reputation is history! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 916266

Nah. I heard he's going to start a career in music. R. Kelly will be his producer. The new album is titled "Heavy D and the FeNurmiNons: Kick 'em When They're Dead". The leaked track listing is as follows:

1. Let's Talk About Sex (Oops, I Think I Sharted)
2. Mind if I Spank It While You Talk About Your Childhood?
3. Holy F*ck! This Chair Is Comfy (The " 'Jection " Mix: Featuring Strawberry Frap and The License Plate Snatchers)
4. Cheetos Dipped In Ranch Are F*cking Tasty (Pabst Blue Ribbon Edit)
5. Does this Tie Make Me Look Fat?
6. Let's All Pop the Three Hole Wonder (Spankin' It To 'Da Riddim Mix)
7. You Got Raped? Tell Me About It (Unzipped And Out Mix)
8. Da Ninjaz Did It (Let's Talk About Sex: Pt. 2, Ballad Version)
9. Ass Can Answer (With DJ Toblerone)
10. Smokin' Weed On The Way To Court (Blueballs Mix)
11. Under The Radar (Featuring Tootsie and the Pop Rock Anal Grenades)

Expecting rave reviews...

Not so sure about the album....but, you, gsweater, get my rave reviews!

This sh!t is funny. Damn funny! roflao
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri May 03, 2013 8:33 pm

did the court Styrofoam cups get bigger?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri May 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Mari 68 wrote:I'm gonna be leaving the office early today. Taking my grand-daughter for a pedicure so she can be a Princess today.

I'll watch the YouTube tonight.

I have to say I'm very pleased with Jodi's closing arguments. Loved every minute of it.

Slamming Travis in every way possible. Playing the victim over and over. Blaming others for nearly everything.

Loved it.

THAT was what I wanted to hear her say. Very Happy

Me too, Mari. Bravo, perfect!

Way to go DT! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 901969 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 901969

Just keep p!ssing the jury off by insulting their intelligence, by trashing the victim, by refusing to accept any responsibility and continue to play the victim card. Well done, Nurmi! This is sure to get the jury on your side.

IMO, as hard as it is to hear this BS, it is the best gift of a closing argument, Jodi, KN, JW could have given Juan. It does not induce sympathy from the jurors the way an argument with some elements of apology, regret, remorse, and ownership might. No, just more "not my fault" nonsense.

So, to borrow your words, Mari68. ROCK ON JODI! YOU GO, GIRL!

Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri May 03, 2013 8:43 pm

jurors on previous cases have said they watch the family and see how they act... you have to wonder over the past 2 days when TA's side has a full house and everyone even the men are crying and JA has what 5/6 people and no one really showed any emotion... What they're thinking... Maybe people can't connect with JA, they know the truth and therefore sit stone faced... or that TA has such support and these 20ish people are truly devastated by his death because he was such a great guy...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Fri May 03, 2013 8:44 pm

did you see the luggage under JW's eyes? wow, must be a long trip...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri May 03, 2013 9:02 pm

tesstruhart wrote:I lift a toast to Travis. I lift a toast to Juan. Job well done Juan. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 322372

I would like to join you in that toast. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 322372
Yes, a job well done, Juan. Hopefully, a verdict that allows Travis to finally rest in peace.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri May 03, 2013 9:07 pm

I missed all of today! Crying or Very sad are the jury out for deliberations or do they start that on Monday??
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri May 03, 2013 9:08 pm

May 3, 2013

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 56. Kirk Nurmi Closing Arguments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMrczSTr_aM

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 56. Kirk Nurmi Closing Arguments. Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMiSI7t34cs

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 56. Kirk Nurmi Closing Arguments. Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_KY03j6KGo

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 56. Closing Arguments Finshed. Jury Deliberation Begins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qfb1KnCZCE
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri May 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Freckles wrote:Fallacies and lies by JA:

1. Pedophilia: the magazine message, the journal
2. Gas cans: no return to Salinas
3. Purchase of gas was for the car AND the gas cans
4. Salt Lake City gas attendant verified the purchases
5. Why buy gas in SoCal IF she was trying to save money?

6. Every part of her trip is documented EXCEPT for when she was in AZ: charger found, phone battery dead, hair changed, rental car, license plates were BOTH removed when she parked near/at Travis'...

7. Guns: Can you imagine if she went to her father and asked for a gun???

8. Finger issue: Cross examine re the finger: JA said "...she also cut her finger..."

9. Salacious details were resurrected BUT they never played her comments! Just HIS comments. The nude pic: who does ANYONE know what a person was thinking???

10. Said JA never consented to having sex with Travis: Wouldn't she have reported it? Gone to the bishop or another? She talked on May 10 how MUCH she liked that activity!

11. Maybe she was his booty call? Travis in April indicated he was "nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat." Whose booty call was it?

12. Did JA lie to jury about Priceline/ Budget rentacar?
Merchants names are shown in the document...Dteam wants you to NOT believe what is written but apply the Law of Attraction.

13. When she flew, Priceline showed up on the bill; however, when she rented the car using "special discounts from Priceline..." it NEVER showed up that way! She went to Redding for the car rental BUT it was not because of any special Priceline discounts.

14. "Voice of reason"--- tying up on Travis' sleigh bed:
How was she tied up? Which story to believe as she told TWO of how she was tied!!!

15. IF JA was so hysterical, WHY no blood on the stairs?

16. Premed: Two types:
When she thought of it in May;
3 ways of killing him: stab wounds, shooting to the head, slitting of throat... does not need long time. It could be SECONDS for premed! She had BOTH.

17. Deadly force: when it can be used in self-defense. Nurmi said JA was a reasonable person and she used it to protect herself; Juan said JA was NOT a reasonable person--- she is a LIAR! Juan is reading the instructions out loud!

18. Why would deadly physical force be needed after she stabbed him in the heart?
Why after she cut his throat?
Why after she shot him?
She was NOT protecting herself but was intent on MURDER.

19. No indication Travis EVER injured her in anyway! He "gently kissed her 3 times" and she loved his lips! His lips were deadly weapons?

20. Travis was naked, seated in bottom of the shower; he had no weapons on him; he could NOT have physically threatened her.

21. Did she have a "legal right" to be there? IF so, she would NOT have to retreat.
However, a reasonable person would have LEFT the property as he was NAKED.

22. State has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Use of force justified? You would have to believe the defendant and this person, speaking before the jury, her friends, the detective, the psychologists... she has LIED!

23. Past acts of violence against the defendant: Where are these proven acts?

24. Premeditation Murder:
Yep she put that knife in his chest... that is why she slit his throat.... that is why she shot him! She wanted him dead. Do you think she got the gun in Yreka for any other reason other than to kill him? Do you think she called Darryl for the gas cans ? Took off the license plates? She reflected. She thought of it!

25. Reflection does not require a long time; a shorter time is when she killed him 2 times over.

26. JA took time to not track blood, delete the pixs, put Travis in shower... NOT heat or passion crime.

You start with First Degree murder; you don't start at the bottom and go up!
Manslaughter: IF and only... 2nd degree murder. Then has to be adequate provocation to remove self control... Are you believing JA's lies? Shouting matches are NOT adequate provocation! No evidence there was sufficient provocation EVEN if Travis made comments about a child taking better pictures...

Travis wanted nothing to do with her. He did NOT go to her, she went to HIM.
Travis was TIRED of her; he knew of her stalking behavior; he was afraid; he was done with her. He wrote her she was the worst thing to happen to him! She peeped in his windows, moved to Mesa, stole his ring, slept under his Christmas tree, hacked his computer accounts.... She couldn't let him go even from Yreka.

Juan is speaking calmly now. He is telling the jury to read the jury instructions. They have a duty. Poet John Dunn: Every person's death diminishes; therefore, ask not for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for me.

I am asking you to bring back a felony murder. Travis Victor Alexander was slaughtered by this person.. ...

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 803492 Thank you so much. I was unable to watch this afternoon. Now I don't have to wait for the video.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri May 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:May 3, 2013

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 56. Kirk Nurmi Closing Arguments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMrczSTr_aM

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 56. Kirk Nurmi Closing Arguments. Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMiSI7t34cs

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 56. Kirk Nurmi Closing Arguments. Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_KY03j6KGo

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 56. Closing Arguments Finshed. Jury Deliberation Begins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qfb1KnCZCE

Bless you, Alessandra! I missed Juan's closing rebuttal and am anxious to watch it! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 922384
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by gsweater Fri May 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Bmore wrote:did the court Styrofoam cups get bigger?

Noticed that. Probably realized Dr. Fumbles couldn't deal with such basics as filling a cup or answering questions truthfully, and wanted to be sensitive... That or Screech needed more room for her plastic jug vodka. Laughing

gsweater

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriKaye Fri May 03, 2013 10:19 pm

Anyone see Chris Hughes on DD tonight.. What do you think about his Travis story.. BS .. Travis may have done some things that helped people but that one was silly. Bring the guy on DD and let him tell his life changing story..
LoriKaye
LoriKaye

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy5d Fri May 03, 2013 10:31 pm

Also.. After dark just showed a map of her killer road trip.. She said she was stopped at the check point for Hoover dam... That wasn't any where remotely possible on that map. And salt lake is waaay away from Hoover dam.. Which I might add, I've driven that 1 road out of Nevada into Az and there was nothing.. So how is this so messed up?
sassy5d
sassy5d

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri May 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Deleted. Wrong Thread.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Fri May 03, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy5d Fri May 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Lori, I thought that was odd too.
sassy5d
sassy5d

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriKaye Fri May 03, 2013 10:39 pm

sassy5d wrote:Also.. After dark just showed a map of her killer road trip.. She said she was stopped at the check point for Hoover dam... That wasn't any where remotely possible on that map. And salt lake is waaay away from Hoover dam.. Which I might add, I've driven that 1 road out of Nevada into Az and there was nothing.. So how is this so messed up?
Agree with you...
LoriKaye
LoriKaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist Fri May 03, 2013 10:40 pm

sassy5d wrote:Also.. After dark just showed a map of her killer road trip.. She said she was stopped at the check point for Hoover dam... That wasn't any where remotely possible on that map. And salt lake is waaay away from Hoover dam.. Which I might add, I've driven that 1 road out of Nevada into Az and there was nothing.. So how is this so messed up?

We only have Jodi's word about the Hoover Dam. How do we believe anything she says? I am sure there are nuggets of truth in her story but they are only there due to one of two things IMO 1) place holders to build lies around so she could remember her story or 2) a mistake she made.
Pianist
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri May 03, 2013 10:49 pm

looks like Juan wants the whole enchilada...
asking for both premeditated and felony...

“The reference that I want to leave you with is that, when you’re involved in this sort of situation, you have to sit back and think about it, and think about what is going on, and [John Dunn] wrote ‘Every person’s death diminishes. So therefore, send no one to find for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.’…Apply this then to the facts, and in doing so, I am asking you to return a verdict of first degree murder. Not only of premeditated murder, but also of felony murder. Not because it’s an emotional decision…but because in this case, Travis Victor Alexander was slaughtered by this woman. She slashed his throat, she stabbed him in the heart, and then she shot him in the face, and all of that, thinking about it in advance," said Martinez ending his rebuttal argument.
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/03/jodi-arias-trial-defense-closing-arguments-kirk-nurmi-live-blog
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri May 03, 2013 10:54 pm

love the way this vote looks... scares me that 4% say no...

http://www.hlntv.com/poll/2013/04/29/did-jodi-commit-first-degree-murder

love the comment by Deborah Barma · Top Commenter · Caregiver at Home Instead Senior Care
I believe it was first degree. I also believe it was premeditated. Grandparent's stolen gun a week before the murder, rental car 90 miles from her Grandparent's home, dyed hair brown, gas cans, no retuned recipt from walmart, trist with Ryan Burns = aliby, but most of all the 29 stab wounds, slit throat, gun shot wound. The evidence doesn't lie, but Jodie does lie, she's a proven liar! She should get no less then First degree. I don't
care if she gets death or life in prison as long as she never gets to walk among our Sons,Brothers,Nephews, and Cousins. Travis was a Son, Brother, Nephew, and Cousin. Jodie would do this again if she was to be free. I have no doubt about that. She is a phsycopath who believes that she can do whatever she wants with no remorse or repercussions for her actions.
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist Fri May 03, 2013 10:55 pm

justanopinion wrote:looks like Juan wants the whole enchilada...

“The reference that I want to leave you with is that, when you’re involved in this sort of situation, you have to sit back and think about it, and think about what is going on, and [John Dunn] wrote ‘Every person’s death diminishes. So therefore, send no one to find for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.’…Apply this then to the facts, and in doing so, I am asking you to return a verdict of first degree murder. Not only of premeditated murder, but also of felony murder. Not because it’s an emotional decision…but because in this case, Travis Victor Alexander was slaughtered by this woman. She slashed his throat, she stabbed him in the heart, and then she shot him in the face, and all of that, thinking about it in advance," said Martinez ending his rebuttal argument.
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/03/jodi-arias-trial-defense-closing-arguments-kirk-nurmi-live-blog

If I were in his shoes I would want the same thing. If you have an enchilada on your plate you want to eat the whole thing.
Pianist
Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist Fri May 03, 2013 10:57 pm

justanopinion wrote:love the way this vote looks... scares me that 4% say no...

http://www.hlntv.com/poll/2013/04/29/did-jodi-commit-first-degree-murder

love the comment by Deborah Barma · Top Commenter · Caregiver at Home Instead Senior Care
I believe it was first degree. I also believe it was premeditated. Grandparent's stolen gun a week before the murder, rental car 90 miles from her Grandparent's home, dyed hair brown, gas cans, no retuned recipt from walmart, trist with Ryan Burns = aliby, but most of all the 29 stab wounds, slit throat, gun shot wound. The evidence doesn't lie, but Jodie does lie, she's a proven liar! She should get no less then First degree. I don't
care if she gets death or life in prison as long as she never gets to walk among our Sons,Brothers,Nephews, and Cousins. Travis was a Son, Brother, Nephew, and Cousin. Jodie would do this again if she was to be free. I have no doubt about that. She is a phsycopath who believes that she can do whatever she wants with no remorse or repercussions for her actions.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 88030
Pianist
Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri May 03, 2013 10:59 pm

does KN saying 9 days out of 10 he doesn't like JA... even though he says it to make a point... they don't have to like her they just have to say manslaughter. .... will that open grounds for an appeal????
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri May 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Pianist wrote:

If I were in his shoes I would want the same thing. If you have an enchilada on your plate you want to eat the whole thing.

now that you put it that way... yuuuummmm enchilada's ... yep I want the whole thing as well Laughing
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist Fri May 03, 2013 11:02 pm

justanopinion wrote:does KN saying 9 days out of 10 he doesn't like JA... even though he says it to make a point... they don't have to like her they just have to say manslaughter. .... will that open grounds for an appeal????

Might for Jodi to say ineffective counsel. They tried but I think this was a big mistake.
Pianist
Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri May 03, 2013 11:03 pm

justanopinion wrote:does KN saying 9 days out of 10 he doesn't like JA... even though he says it to make a point... they don't have to like her they just have to say manslaughter. .... will that open grounds for an appeal????

I doubt it. Jodi actually laughed when he said it.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri May 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Pianist wrote:

Might for Jodi to say ineffective counsel. They tried but I think this was a big mistake.

she laughed during that part ... hope it was because she dreamt that little gem up... and was happy he used it... (shhhhh don't tell her... but he was feeling it anyway!! he was going to use the line... and that may have been the only part of what she said that even he believed) Laughing Laughing
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri May 03, 2013 11:06 pm

so... jury has gone home now.. report at 9 am on Monday.. so what time should I check back to see the verdict??

9:15... no I think they will take longer than that.... so maybe.... 9:20
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri May 03, 2013 11:09 pm

I also think it will be a really quick decision. I wonder if they took a preliminary vote before they left today just to see if they were on the same page collectively?
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri May 03, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm so glad the case has been given to the jury. No more opportunities for DT to delay the inevitable.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri May 03, 2013 11:16 pm

I am hoping it is quick... give her a clear message that she is FUBAR and that no one believed her.. not for a second.

if they take too long she may think she has a chance and appeal...
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri May 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Clipped---
You have to read the charges and how they are written.
1st Degree Murder includes felony murder with premeditated murder included at the top rung of felony murder. Juan listed this in the order in which he believes the jury should deliberate--- top down. So Premeditated would be at the top of 1st Degree Murder and felony murder (w/out premeditation) would be the second choice for 1st Degree Murder. Does that help or just confuse it?

I read and re-read these sections in order to try to make sense as to how AZ charges.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri May 03, 2013 11:49 pm

justanopinion wrote:so... jury has gone home now.. report at 9 am on Monday.. so what time should I check back to see the verdict??

9:15... no I think they will take longer than that.... so maybe.... 9:20
A friend put this on the cell phone and will call me when the verdict comes in.
No idea how to do that! Linked into the AZ web site... somehow. Shocked
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri May 03, 2013 11:58 pm

My eyes are tired and I feel as wrung out as an old dishcloth. Times I wanted to scream for Nurmi to shut up and just go away. Then I thot of how Travis' family was holding up. I thought of Tanisha and Sam and Steve who have faithfully been in court keeping the light glowing for Travis. What great love they share with us re their brother.

Tanisha has asked for a day of remembrance and prayer on Sunday. Please. Take the time to keep the prayer chain going by asking for justice for Travis from the jury.

If you want to send a card, a letter of support, contact me for the addy. Drop me a PM. This family will need support in the days to come as they finally deal with the outcome of the trial. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 839314
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat May 04, 2013 12:06 am

Jury receives murder case against Jodi Arias -- manslaughter is an option

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 6 2013-05-03t225036z_2_cbre9421kg200_rtroptp_3_usa-crime-jodiarias.photoblog600
Pool / REUTERS
Defendant Jodi Arias listens to defense attorney Kirk Nurmi make his closing arguments during her trial at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix on Friday.

By Daniel Arkin, Staff Writer, NBC News

The murder case against Jodi Arias is now in the hands of the jury.

A judge in a Phoenix courtroom passed the reins to jurors Friday, instructing them to consider charges of first- and second-degree murder or manslaughter against Arias in the shooting and stabbing death of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander, 30.

The start of jury deliberations Monday comes at the end of a lurid 17-week trial that mixed kinky sex and grisly violence straight out of a pulpy paperback.

Arias, 32, a slight, soft-spoken defendant who admits she killed Alexander but claims self-defense, faces life in prison – potentially even the death penalty – if the eight men and four women on the jury find her guilty of premeditated first-degree murder.

Read more:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/03/18042934-jury-receives-murder-case-against-jodi-arias-manslaughter-is-an-option?lite
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat May 04, 2013 12:19 am

'It was a fight for her life,' says Jodi Arias' attorney as her defense rests

By REUTERS REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 21:41 EST, 3 May 2013 | UPDATED: 21:41 EST, 3 May 2013

Defense counsel for Jodi Arias denied in closing arguments on Friday in her high-profile murder trial that she went on a meticulously planned 'covert mission' to Arizona expressly to kill her ex-boyfriend and then hide her tracks.

The 32-year-old California woman could face the death penalty if convicted of killing Travis Alexander, whose body was found in the shower at his Phoenix valley home in June 2008. He was shot in the face, stabbed 27 times and his throat was slit.

Arias has admitted killing Alexander, whom she dated for several months and with whom she continued having intimate relations after their breakup.

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2319312/It-fight-life-says-Jodi-Arias-attorney-defense-rests.html#ixzz2SOCrf1cv
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat May 04, 2013 12:20 am

I find it most telling who was there (and who was not there) for JA today. Where are her so-called friends? Where are her former co-workers or employers? Where are the neighbors from her childhood home? We see her mother, the aunt and her grandmother. Oh. We also see her jailhouse "friends"--- felons. Is that what her testimony is to friendship? No one is willing to stand for her? That speaks.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat May 04, 2013 12:26 am

Jury begins deliberating in Jodi Arias murder trial

Published May 03, 2013 / Associated Press

PHOENIX – Jurors began deliberations in Jodi Arias' murder trial on Friday after four months of testimony and closing arguments from both sides that presented far different scenarios of the killing and motivation, leaving the panel to come to grips with the dearth of evidence and Arias' ever-changing version of events.

The panel deliberated for just about an hour Friday before concluding for the day. Deliberations resume Monday.

Closing arguments wrapped up with Arias' lawyer imploring jurors to take an impartial view of his client, even if they don't like her, and prosecutors describing the defendant as a manipulative liar who meticulously planned the attack and is still lying.

Read more:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/03/jury-begins-deliberating-in-jody-arias-murder-trial/#ixzz2SOEprprM
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next