Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19

+32
yellow bike
Trueblue
keikikiki
lostyou
spammie
Weeziethm
Ann - Tx
auman58
olivier57
Freckles
renatae
Mylife101
sitemama
justanopinion
Alessandra_Deux
Sarainbc
Mari 68
Pianist
18thcenturylady
carlakay
WeeBonnie
sassy5d
tesstruhart
Moosiesmama
LoriKaye
gsweater
Bmore
Mrskinger
Bo
hello clarice
Junebug
Cubs Fan
36 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19

Post by Moosiesmama Sat May 04, 2013 12:45 am

I say Wednesday, late afternoon verdict.
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19

Post by renatae Sat May 04, 2013 2:36 am

Thanks so much, Alessandra for your helpful links!
renatae
renatae

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 Empty Tricia's True Crime Radio Show this Sunday, 5/5/13

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 04, 2013 2:54 am

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/05/06/tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern
Blog Talk Radio - TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO SUNDAY NIGHT 8 PM EASTERN

WE WELCOME ONE OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER'S BEST FRIENDS CHRIS HUGHES AND KATIECOOLADY WILL REPORT FROM INSIDE THE COURTROOM IN THE JODI ARIAS TRIAL.

Sunday, 5-5-13 at 7 pm CDT/8 pm EDT
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Sat May 04, 2013 3:16 am

LoriKaye wrote:Anyone see Chris Hughes on DD tonight.. What do you think about his Travis story.. BS .. Travis may have done some things that helped people but that one was silly. Bring the guy on DD and let him tell his life changing story..

I don't personally know one way or another whether Travis brought a homeless man to his home, let him shower, got him a job at a restaurant, etc. However, people do do things like this and there are people out there whose lives are changed when someone offers them such a helping hand. Not sure why this is a "silly" story?

Also, when you think of Travis' history of having been practically homeless himself, along with his siblings, living in a car, neglected by their parents, scrounging for food, eating moldy bread and such, it's not much of a stretch at all to think he would have that sort of compassion.
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Sat May 04, 2013 3:29 am

Mylife101 wrote:I also think it will be a really quick decision. I wonder if they took a preliminary vote before they left today just to see if they were on the same page collectively?

Oh, to be a fly on the wall, LOL.
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Sat May 04, 2013 3:32 am

Mylife101 wrote:I'm so glad the case has been given to the jury. No more opportunities for DT to delay the inevitable.

May we never have to hear besmirching of Travis' character again, no more Jodi smirks, no more sex tape, no more Alyce, no more ridiculunkous crud - yay!

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 Clap

Nurmi really outdid himself when he objected to JM quoting John Donne.

nobozo

Now we only have to pray for justice!
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 Empty Off-topic: Abigail Young up for parole as of 4/30/13

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 04, 2013 3:51 am

Off-topic:

Abigail Young, the mother of precious Emma Thompson, is up for parole review again as of 4/30/13. Please take the time to write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles and oppose parole for Abigail Young!

Last year many of you wrote letters to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles opposing parole for Abigail Young. Your letter counted! Young was denied parole in August, 2012.

Per current Texas law, Abigail Young will be eligible for parole review every year until she is paroled or she serves her 20 year sentence.

Young has served less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence. She has served less time than Emma's age at the time Emma was brutally raped and murdered by Abigail Young's then boyfriend, Lucas Coe. Emma was barely 4 years old at the time of her horrific death.

Do you think serving less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence is appropriate in the brutal rape and murder of Emma Thompson?

Please write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP) opposing parole for Abigail Young. You do NOT have to be a Texas resident. Any one in the world can write TBPP and oppose parole for Young. She does not deserve parole. She failed to protect her precious daughter, Emma Thompson. Serving less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence is not acceptable!

At Lucas Coe's trial in Houston, TX, the prosecutor said that Abigail Young loved Lucas Coe more than she loved her own daughter, Emma Thompson.

Letters can be e-mailed, faxed or mailed. Letters must be received by: 5/30/13

Please see my comment on Emma Thompson's thread for complete details.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t2705p950-emma-thompson-deceased-6-27-09#210785
RC - Emma Thompson Deceased -- 6/27/09
Comment by Ann - Tx on Thu May 02, 2013 10:34 am

Please, please write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles. Your letter is important and it counts! Thank you for taking the time to support justice for Emma Thompson by opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 2n19rg7
Abigail Young and her boyfriend at the time of Emma's death: Lucas Coe

The innocent, defenseless 4-year old victim, Emma Thompson:

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 01012EMMATHOMPSON
Emma Thompson
(This was Emma's last Easter. Taken Easter Sunday, 2009 in Brenham, TX)

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 628x471
Emma Thompson
(This was Emma's last Christmas - December, 2008.)

Emma Thompson deceased: 6/27//09

Note: Above photos of Emma Thompson courtesy of her maternal aunt: Amanda Mathews

~~~~~

Please support justice for Emma Thompson and write a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Sat May 04, 2013 5:47 am

renatae wrote:
LoriKaye wrote:Anyone see Chris Hughes on DD tonight.. What do you think about his Travis story.. BS .. Travis may have done some things that helped people but that one was silly. Bring the guy on DD and let him tell his life changing story..

I don't personally know one way or another whether Travis brought a homeless man to his home, let him shower, got him a job at a restaurant, etc. However, people do do things like this and there are people out there whose lives are changed when someone offers them such a helping hand. Not sure why this is a "silly" story?

Also, when you think of Travis' history of having been practically homeless himself, along with his siblings, living in a car, neglected by their parents, scrounging for food, eating moldy bread and such, it's not much of a stretch at all to think he would have that sort of compassion.

I agree Ren..considering what Travis endured in childhood..the story Chris Hughes shared last night rang true to me..besides wth would this man tell such a tale now? Had it been Donovan on there spinning this yarn bout her bff however I would def consider that bs
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sat May 04, 2013 6:26 am

After the jury will reach a decision, I would like to know how long time it will take before its official announcement in court.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Sat May 04, 2013 6:34 am

Olivier the way the media works here we will be get notification they have reached a verdict shortly after the judge does..then we will have to wait til all the parties involved arrive to court..as in the families and attorneys and of course more media..usually that dont take too long tho so I spose within an hour?

I aint going to make a prediction on how long they will deliberate but if we go past Monday I think we should all brace ourselves. Despite the fact I truly believe the state proved their case..Pinellas county is weighing heavy on my mind now..didn't sleep worth crap last night.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 6:46 am

Good morning everyone. I, like all of you am exhausted, but happy and proud for Juan, and everyone who did such a selfless and great job in this case.
I thought Juan's rebuttal was wonderful, and hubby and I were disgusted at Nurmi's petty, jealousy-based, immature objection to Juan's quoting of John Donne at the end. ---Calculated to interrupt his flow, and the emotion of the very end of the closing. Hope the jury was turned off by that as well. The defense demonstrated no class or grace during this entire proceeding, in stark contrast to Juan, Det. Flores, Travis' family, and most of the prosecution witnesses.

I, at long last finally have solved the 'camera' issue---at least for ME.
I had no idea until just a few days ago that there were 90 other photos on Travis' camera. I heard that, and for me, everything became clear; Jodi was not going to take the camera with her and she did not put it in the washer deliberately. Jodi took the time to sit there (when time certainly was of the essence) and delete ONLY the photos taken the day of the murder. Hubby confirmed that it would have been much easier and faster for her to delete ALL the photos on the camera.
She planned, and did delete only those taken that day. She was just going to leave the camera there in the home on his desk or nightstand, dresser, or what have you. This was Travis' new, $1500. camera. There were 90 photos on it of scenery, his friends, his dog, or whatever. If the police had just found the camera with these photos, probably no red flags would have gone up, and it's UNLIKELY they would have forensically examined the contents of the camera---It would have just been another one of Travis' possessions sitting there.
I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THE CAMERA GOT SCOOPED UP WITH TOWELS, SHEETS, ETC., AND PUT INTO THE WASHER ACCIDENTALLY.
If Jodi had planned to do that, she would have just quickly deleted ALL the photos on the camera and tossed it into the washer.
As it was, she surely wiped off her hands, wiped any blood off the camera, and then sat and selectively deleted only those incriminating pictures---If her fingerprints were on the camera, perhaps that didn't matter---she had often been in the home.
The camera accidentally ending up in the washer was a HUGE red flag for the cops, who of course tested it immediately. Jodi probably looked around for it, but briefly, after she had cleaned up and gotten her stuff and the weapons packed up. She didn't immediately see it, and probably figured she needed to GO, NOW---get out of Dodge, and that the camera was sitting somewhere---no problem---she'd gotten rid of the photos that put her there that day. She felt safe. She'd deleted any incriminating photos. Anyone would only find Travis' new camera with photos of his friends and dog on it---no problem.

I didn't see the Dr. Drew piece with Chris Hughes, but I want to make a comment. I believe every word of it. I was watching the police interrogation tapes of Jodi the other day. There is one story she launches into on a one of her tangents, but this is very different. She is crying and it seems genuine. She is talking about how wonderful Travis is. This in early in her interrogation, and probably the only truths out of her mouth. She is talking about what an incredible person he is. She tells about how they were driving somewhere once, and he sees a homeless person on the street corner. They stopped. He asked the woman if she was hungry and she said yes. Jodi said they went to a Wendy's around the corner and Travis buys the biggest cheeseburger and 'biggie' fries and drink and takes it back and gives it to the person.
She tells of another time involving stray dogs, and how they were hungry, and Travis went and got food and fed them. She said he was upset that he couldn't do more.

I firmly believe that these things were true. When Jodi talked about the good things about Travis, you could hear the 'love' in her voice. THOSE are the things that ARE true. I am reminded of what Dr. De Marte said about her disorder, and how she would love someone, and then would vilify and hate them when they disappoint or reject her.
I think Travis was just the kind of person who DID do those things for unfortunate people he met. I think he tried to extend that compassion to Jodi, and help her as well---with a car, money, taking her on trips, etc., and then she betrays him.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Sat May 04, 2013 6:56 am; edited 3 times in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sat May 04, 2013 6:47 am

carlakay wrote:Olivier the way the media works here we will be get notification they have reached a verdict shortly after the judge does..then we will have to wait til all the parties involved arrive to court..as in the families and attorneys and of course more media..usually that dont take too long tho so I spose within an hour?

I aint going to make a prediction on how long they will deliberate but if we go past Monday I think we should all brace ourselves. Despite the fact I truly believe the state proved their case..Pinellas county is weighing heavy on my mind now..didn't sleep worth crap last night.

Thanks Carlakay. I was searching how could I be ready early as Twitter doesn't send SMS to France.

I also searched for Pinellas county to understand you sentence, is it about Ralph Wright ? I only found that he got death penalty at the beginning of the year and didn't find anything else after.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sat May 04, 2013 6:51 am

18th, I think your idea of the accident is smart, I was wondering why she did that because it's the only fact that KyN could say about "doesn’t make sense" roflao

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 6:53 am

My vote for the verdict---I think Tuesday. I think that although they may arrive at an agreement quickly, I think after all they have been through, and not having been allowed to talk about it, they probably will feel they need some time to vent to each other before putting it behind them and going back to their lives.
I think they will be doing a lot of talking on Monday.
I think we may hear there is a verdict Tuesday afternoon...

I only have a regular phone---no cell phone. I do not 'do' Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media, and can hardly keep the TV on and sit there all day every minute. I wish I knew how I could get a head's up when the verdict is in. After all the emotion I too have invested in this, I really want to hear it live, and not in re-run...

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 7:00 am

carlakay wrote:Olivier the way the media works here we will be get notification they have reached a verdict shortly after the judge does..then we will have to wait til all the parties involved arrive to court..as in the families and attorneys and of course more media..usually that dont take too long tho so I spose within an hour?

Me too, Carla. I thought I'd sleep peacefully, but I didn't. Today, I find myself a little weepy, and feel quite stupid. I remember that hot July day when I saw them read the verdict live in the CA case. I still remember how I burst into tears, and was so stunned I felt light headed. Hubby got home and I cried and ranted all night.
I know logically that there is NOT likely to be a repeat of that, but I just can't shake the fear! I start thinking of what that would do to the Alexander family and I literally feel sick.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sat May 04, 2013 7:05 am

ok, I understood, Pinellas county => Casey Anthony. Yes, I agree.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 7:06 am

Re: verdict predictions, I revise my opinion as to how Jodi will react. I saw her crying at the very end of the day yesterday, as she sat at the table alone after the jury went out to deliberate and attorneys up at the judge's bench.
I was disgusted, and of course have no pity.
I think that maybe it's starting to sink in FINALLY, how much doodoo she is really in, and what it means.

I predict that if found guilty of murder one/felony murder, Jodi WILL cry, and of course try clinging onto Ms. Wilmot.

We all know that any tears---(if any)---are only for herself and everything she will miss in life.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 7:09 am

olivier57 wrote:ok, I understood, Pinellas county => Casey Anthony. Yes, I agree.

Yes, sorry Olivier! Perhaps we shouldn't use so many abbreviations! Sometimes I find myself wondering what or who someone is talking about when I only see initials. Yesterday I had to go online and ask "what does FUBAR mean"?!!! LOL,
I felt like the stupid nerd who didn't know what was going on, lol! Very Happy

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sat May 04, 2013 7:14 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
olivier57 wrote:ok, I understood, Pinellas county => Casey Anthony. Yes, I agree.

Yes, sorry Olivier! Perhaps we shouldn't use so many abbreviations! Sometimes I find myself wondering what or who someone is talking about when I only see initials. Yesterday I had to go online and ask "what does FUBAR mean"?!!! LOL,

Don't worry, I searched also ! Yes, using too much initials makes it difficult to understand, especially when they point to the less famous...

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 7:15 am

One thing that burned my butt yesterday---Did you all see Wilmot and Jodi during Juan's rebuttal closing? They were both whispering, and writing and taking notes---WTH---IT'S OVER, LADIES!
shut up
Wilmot again did the pursing of the lips, eye-rolling, and lifting her butt off the seat, as if a "y'r hon'r mewpweesapproach" was imminent!
She wore a continual look of outrage and 'how dare he say that'!
tongue

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Sat May 04, 2013 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 7:25 am

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Sat May 04, 2013 7:46 am

sorry hun.. I just can't say or type that name..that wound is still raw for me and I spect it always will be. I will post on here immedietly upon hearing a verdict has been reached for those of you who can't be glued to their tv's or have twitter n such.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Sat May 04, 2013 7:48 am

18thcenturylady wrote:

I still aint got a clue what FUBAR means...lol
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Sat May 04, 2013 7:51 am

k I gotta to go to work and am slightly aggravated as the contractor who will be putting up our privacy fence called at 8:00 pm last night to inform us he will be starting today.

I leave the house one friggin day out of the week and he wants to come then? Poor dogs will all have to stay in their crates today... grrrr I am not writing a check unless it is done right is all I know.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy5d Sat May 04, 2013 7:53 am

Carla.. It's like the f bomb, at least my interpretation. Like ha ha fubar. The ultimate irony.
sassy5d
sassy5d

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 7:57 am

My new profile photo for now~ Hubby and I sending our admiration and thanks to Juan and hoping to soon be toasting a well deserved guilty verdict of murder one and felony murder for the defendant.
Prayers for Travis and his family this weekend~

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 P1010011

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sat May 04, 2013 8:15 am

carlakay wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:

Here is a clue...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_slang_terms

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 8:16 am

I miss Kiki...I wonder if she's all right. I wish she was here sharing the end of this trial and the verdict with us...

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy5d Sat May 04, 2013 8:17 am

For what dt had to work with, I think it was decent. There are so many elements, since they want you to use common sense, that will contradict what they brought up.
Why did she try so hard prior to being there, to hide it? Unless she knew there was a great possibility he would be dead at some point.
sassy5d
sassy5d

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 8:57 am

Freckles wrote:Sorry. I had to walk away. I am so sick of hearing how Travis was at fault for everything including every damn stab wound SHE inflicted. The cut throat must have been when he was shaving, right Nurmi?

There are some real sickos out there and the sickest are the bs-ers who RELISH in continuing to kill Travis by trying to destroy the goodness he was. Shame on you!
You three ALL deserve each other! May it come full circle.

So right. I agree. I can't absolve these 3, or say that Nurmi and Wilmot were just lawyers doing their jobs. There is something very morally wrong and reprehensible with how Jodi and her attorneys have trashed Travis' memory and reputation WITH LIES for one reason; to save the worthless life of a murderer. It's slimy. It's sick. It is NOT o.k. or justifiable. To say, well, that is the way our system works, that is what is done and what is allowed in a defense is NOT a justification. I am sick of this s---! When are we all going to be responsible for our own actions and say, 'No, I can't do that---The SYSTEM is wrong and I won't be a party to that'. We need to fix the system, not compromise our own values! There is right and wrong, honorable and dishonorable. There are actions that are shameful and those that are something to be proud of. If we each do not hold ourselves up to a higher standard, if no one will ever say 'NO, this is wrong and I won't do it', than NOTHING will ever change.
I have been praying this morning for Travis and for the jury to do the right thing, as Juan as instructed.
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 839314

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Sat May 04, 2013 9:19 am

carlakay wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:

once upon a time... lol... FUBAR was a military term... meant... F@#$%'d up beyond all recognition! hope that helps...
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sat May 04, 2013 9:24 am

As I didn't know the role of a "mitigation specialist", I did a search and found this :

http://tonymosslaw.com/mitigation-consulting/what-does-a-mitigation-specialist-do
where the most important sentences are "They have the time and ability to elicit sensitive, embarrassing and often humiliating evidence (e.g., family sexual abuse) that the defendant may never have disclosed. They have the clinical skills to recognize such things as congenital, mental or neurological conditions, to understand how these conditions may have affected the defendant’s development and behavior, and to identify the most appropriate experts to examine the defendant or testify on his behalf. "

We do not have this job in France or at least it 's not called like that but attorneys do it.

This makes me think about two points :
1) I understand the idea, but searching the conditions that might have affected defendant's behavior is not far to me from allowing some killers a "right to kill". As 18th said above, I think that "doing the job" for an attorney does not imply going into his client's lies and help him twisting the truth.

2) Maria de la Rosa's role is underestimated because she is probably the one who found the ideas of batterered woman, PTSD and ALV and DrS to support that.

Last edited by olivier57 on Sat May 04, 2013 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Sat May 04, 2013 9:24 am

I really have to start reading to the end of threads before I answer something... sorry 18th saw that you posted a link to all the acronyms after I answered... so I must say that SNAFU here!! Laughing
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 04, 2013 9:28 am

olivier57 wrote:

Thanks Carlakay. I was searching how could I be ready early as Twitter doesn't send SMS to France.

I also searched for Pinellas county to understand you sentence, is it about Ralph Wright ? I only found that he got death penalty at the beginning of the year and didn't find anything else after.
Hi, olivier57!

If you will monitor the most current trial thread of Jodi Arias here at Reality Chatter, you will be alerted. You can be assured that when it is announced that the jury has a verdict, this board will "light up".

The judge will announce what time the verdict will be rendered.

The judge will announce a time that will give the attorneys from both sides, the families of Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias and the media ample time to get to the court room. You will know well in advance as to when the verdict will be read.

Pinellas County refers to the jury of the Casey Anthony trial. The jurors were from Pinellas County, FL. The trial of Casey Anthony was in Orlando, FL. You can find the Casey Anthony/Caylee Anthony section here at Reality Chatter:

http://www.realitychatter.com/f14-caylee-anthony
RC - Caylee Anthony (Casey Anthony)

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sat May 04, 2013 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Sat May 04, 2013 9:29 am

18thcenturylady wrote:My new profile photo for now~ Hubby and I sending our admiration and thanks to Juan and hoping to soon be toasting a well deserved guilty verdict of murder one and felony murder for the defendant.
Prayers for Travis and his family this weekend~

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 P1010011

Beautiful, Lady!!! Yes, let's raise our glasses and our prayers up to Travis' family and hope that JAA's smirk will be forever banished. what a wonderful job JM did, and the final quote so fitting.

Again, group hug!! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 839314
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sat May 04, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks very much for the link Ann. To be sure, is "the most current trial thread" http://www.realitychatter.com/f76-jodi-arias-trial ? Or Latest news in Home Page ?

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 04, 2013 9:49 am

olivier57 wrote:Thanks very much for the link Ann. To be sure, is "the most current trial thread" http://www.realitychatter.com/f76-jodi-arias-trial ? Or Latest news in Home Page ?
olivier57, you are welcome re the Link.

The latest trial thread can be found on the Homepage too . . . under Latest Topics (left side at the top of the Homepage).

http://www.realitychatter.com/
Reality Chatter - Homepage

I noticed this thread is numbered 16. Thread title: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #16

Each of the trial threads have 20 pages and then goes to a new thread. For some reason, the threads have been staying at #16. This current trial thread should be #19. The title of this current trial thread should read as follows:

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19

I will PM Justice4All and advise him so that he may correct the number on this and previous threads.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 10:00 am

olivier57 wrote:As I didn't know the role of a "mitigation specialist", I did a search and found this :

http://tonymosslaw.com/mitigation-consulting/what-does-a-mitigation-specialist-do
where the most important sentences are "They have the time and ability to elicit sensitive, embarrassing and often humiliating evidence (e.g., family sexual abuse) that the defendant may never have disclosed. They have the clinical skills to recognize such things as congenital, mental or neurological conditions, to understand how these conditions may have affected the defendant’s development and behavior, and to identify the most appropriate experts to examine the defendant or testify on his behalf. "

We do not have this job in France or at least it 's not called like that but attorneys do it.

This makes me think about two points :
1) I understand the idea, but searching the conditions that might have affected defendant's behavior is not far to me from allowing some killers a "right to kill". As 18th said above, I think that "doing the job" for an attorney does not imply going into his client's lies and help him twisting the truth.

2) Maria de la Rosa's role is underestimated because she is probably the one who found the ideas of batterered woman, PTSD and ALV and DrS to support that.

Well said! I agree with you!
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 7 901969

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks to gsweater for the link for this info. Here's some tidbits for you~

(AZ dept. of corrections)
" All male and female inmates on Death Row are classified as maximum custody. All inmates are single cells which are equipped with a toilet, sink, bed and mattress. Each Death Row inmate has no contact with any other inmate. Out-of-cell time is limited to outdoor exercise in a secured area, two hours a day, three times a week, and a shower, three times a week. All meals are delivered by correction officers at the cell front. Limited non-contact visitation is available. Death Row inmates may place two ten minute telephone calls per week. Personal property is limited to hygiene items, two appliances, two books and writing materials, which can be purchased from the inmate commissary. Health care is provided at the Health Unit; medication is passed out at the cell front. Clergy contacts are provided at the cell."

2 appliances??? Well pretty sure one of the monster's appliances of choice would be a vibrator...

I don't know about 'life without parole'. I would be interested to know where she would be if that is the sentence, and what her life would be like in that scenario.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 04, 2013 10:29 am

http://www.azcorrections.gov/
Arizona Department of Corrections
~~~~~

Many things to click on!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat May 04, 2013 10:37 am

For those of you who haven't made the trek over to EggTree yet, here's a link.

Heavy D Nurmi Throws Some Whine and Cheese at the Jury
Posted May 3, 2013 by eggtreenews

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/2013/05/03/heavy-d-nurmi-throws-some-whine-and-cheese-at-the-jury/

Enjoy! Very Happy
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sat May 04, 2013 10:51 am

Mylife101 wrote:For those of you who haven't made the trek over to EggTree yet, here's a link.

Posted May 3, 2013 by eggtreenews

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/2013/05/03/heavy-d-nurmi-throws-some-whine-and-cheese-at-the-jury/

Enjoy! Very Happy

Yes, thanks, those chronicles are really hilarious (even if I don't get all of it because it's is not written in an school level english and uses many metaphors...)

Last edited by olivier57 on Sat May 04, 2013 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake correction)

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 11:16 am

Here it is, because we all need a laugh while we wait~
From Eggtreenews~

Posted May 3, 2013 by eggtreenews in Travis Alexander

-The Gutter, Arizona

Heavy D presented a slapdash Whine and Cheese platter today in the Maricopa Courthouse Grill, in a sad attempt to rival Juan’s perfectly cooked demon goose from yesterday. And Nurmi should never be on Iron Chef as anything more than a garbage disposal, because his pathetic excuse for a closing argument was just homespun whine served with saltines and Cheez-Whiz on a greasy paper plate, and it offended everyone. Moving at the speed of molasses on a glacier, the condescending heffalump pried himself out of his barcalounger just long enough to lull everybody (including Nana Arias) into a semi-coma. And I ran out of margarita mix. Hooray!

According to Heavy D, who operates at the pace of a paralyzed snail, 9 days out of 10 he doesn’t even like Jenny’s stabby My Twinn Doll Jodi. But on the 10th day, she must bring him a sandwich or something, so he’s cool with her murdering someone. But just for that one day.

Nurmi’s thesaurus must be buried with his ethics beneath a mountain of paystubs, because he kept repeating two key phrases until my brain went numb and my ears started bleeding:
1) covert mission
2) doesn’t make sense
I think I just figured out Jenny’s mysterious bald spot; she’s now pulling her hair out after listening to this same crap for the past 5 years.

Speaking of Jenny, let’s hope her Homecoming dress is not tangerine colored, because that shade does not do her any favors. Looking like she had one bong hit too many before court, she sat sullenly at the defense table with an expression that screamed, “F***. My. Life.” I hope she has that Bauhaus CD handy, because she needs a good cry and a long nap.

Stabby was at full attention today while Heavy D pitched her sob story. Jenny took her crayons away and dressed her satanic mini-me in pitch black for closing arguments. Because it’s always a great idea to dress an accused demon in black on Judgment Day and let them shoot death glares at the jury. Two thumbs up, Jenny.

Nurmi invented the word “conversate” today. It is unknown if this word is synonymous with “converse,” but it’s not like it matters, because lawyers aren’t super picky about semantics.

I would rather eat a lightbulb, after giving myself a root canal with a coat hanger, while tapdancing atop a cactus in a room that my dog has hotboxed with farts on Mac-n-Cheez night, than listen to Heavy D finish one more sentence.

Sex, sex, and more talk of raunchy sex for Dirty Nurmi. Was there ever any doubt this was the road he would take? It’s like we’re all psychic.

It appears that Team Cosmonaut is trying to change horses mid-stream. They have casually dumped the self defense theory, and are now humping the leg of the “sudden quarrel” excuse.

Ladies, take notes: if anyone calls you a b*tch, slut, or whore, you are entitled to murder them three times over. So speaketh Nurmi, who ironically makes a living defending violent sex offenders and pedophiles.

According to Heavy D, so concerned was Stabby with protecting Travis’ reputation, that she spent five whole years lying through her teeth in jail before accusing him of pedophilia without a scrap of evidence to prove her claim. Slow clap for the martyr, everyone. Celebrate her bravery.

The jury now has the case, and we are officially on verdict watch.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat May 04, 2013 11:24 am

renatae wrote:Thanks so much, Alessandra for your helpful links!

It is a pleasure to share my "findings' with all of you. Very Happy
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sat May 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Good Morning folks, a few things...first off, I am very satisfied with the way things went ysterday. Nurms tried as best he could, but in my estimation he is not as talented as Juan and let's face it he nothing to work with. I expect a M1 conviction. Whether it is Monday or Tuesday I don't know. I can see after sitting there for 4 months with all the sick and twisted testimony, I would want to have a group scream. I am sure they have to vent. I would allow them 1/2 a day for that at least. Then whatever their straw vote is, they will have to address the outstanding issues. So, unless they are pretty sure of their verdict after the straw vote, I can see them taking more time, it was a 4 month trial.
18, I am with you on the camera issue. You have laid it out to reflect random thoughts that I have had. I just couldn't organize my thoughts like that (early stages of old age). Also I believe Mr. Hughes when he told that story. On Sunday night, at 8pm the websleuths radio show is going to have him and Katiecoolady for an hour. He will be able to voice what his thoughts are without rushing or censoring.
My definition of FUBAR F...ked up beyond any repair
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy5d Sat May 04, 2013 12:31 pm

So, what's the take on the bleach?? Certain bleached items just end up in the wash, and a Lil blood was found on the washer.. What does this imply?? That she calculated it even more? Nurmi, there was still no blood on the bleach bottle, unless that came with her too and she took it.
sassy5d
sassy5d

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat May 04, 2013 1:11 pm

I think it fit in with things Jodi and others said about him. Totally believable.
Everyone already knows Travis had a goo heart, there is no motive to lie about that.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 1:52 pm

tesstruhart wrote:Good Morning folks, a few things...first off, I am very satisfied with the way things went ysterday. Nurms tried as best he could, but in my estimation he is not as talented as Juan and let's face it he nothing to work with. I expect a M1 conviction. Whether it is Monday or Tuesday I don't know. I can see after sitting there for 4 months with all the sick and twisted testimony, I would want to have a group scream. I am sure they have to vent. I would allow them 1/2 a day for that at least. Then whatever their straw vote is, they will have to address the outstanding issues. So, unless they are pretty sure of their verdict after the straw vote, I can see them taking more time, it was a 4 month trial.
18, I am with you on the camera issue. You have laid it out to reflect random thoughts that I have had. I just couldn't organize my thoughts like that (early stages of old age). Also I believe Mr. Hughes when he told that story. On Sunday night, at 8pm the websleuths radio show is going to have him and Katiecoolady for an hour. He will be able to voice what his thoughts are without rushing or censoring.

Hi Tess,
Thanks! Yeah, I finally found out what FUBAR was online a couple days ago! I am 61 (yikes!) and always thought of myself as pretty cool, but I felt like a doofus---I was like, what the heck???
I plan to hear the whole websleuths radio show on Monday AM in rerun. Hubby works 2 jobs, is off tomorrow, and we have lots of stuff to do---I think tomorrow will be the day to seal the drive with that yucky black tar stuff, lol!
Between watching this trial like an addict, and being sick the last couple weeks I haven't gotten a lot done! Time to tuck in and spring clean!

My vote for the verdict was for Tues., because I said the same thing this AM---I think these folks are going to need some time to bond a little and to vent. I would hope there is an M1 verdict by Tues. sometime. I don't want the family to have to wait too long, and honestly I have to believe the jurors don't either!

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Sat May 04, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Sat May 04, 2013 1:54 pm

18th I just got to say this...you are absolutely gorgeous and I do not believe at all that you are 61!
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 2:00 pm

tesstruhart wrote:Good Morning folks, a few things...first off, I am very satisfied with the way things went ysterday. Nurms tried as best he could, but in my estimation he is not as talented as Juan and let's face it he nothing to work with. I expect a M1 conviction. Whether it is Monday or Tuesday I don't know. I can see after sitting there for 4 months with all the sick and twisted testimony, I would want to have a group scream. I am sure they have to vent. I would allow them 1/2 a day for that at least. Then whatever their straw vote is, they will have to address the outstanding issues. So, unless they are pretty sure of their verdict after the straw vote, I can see them taking more time, it was a 4 month trial.

Sure, she used the bleach that was there. None of that stuff---detergent box/bottle, bleach, etc., had any bloody smears, prints, spots, etc., on it, so she HAD to have cleaned herself up first. Also, as Juan pointed out, Travis' room, beyond the throat cutting point, the stairs, etc., and rest of the house had NO blood or telltale signs of violence whatsoever. She cleaned at least her hands and feet before ever going downstairs.
There was evidence that the downstairs bathroom was used. She probably cleaned herself up more down there, or even took a quick shower---even her hair may have had blood in it after that savage attack---and that is also where she probably stuffed all her clothing, weapons, etc., in a plastic bag, then before leaving, she stuffed all that bloody stuff of Travis' in the washer. The camera was rolled up in it, and she was in a hurry. I am sure she never even knew---(see my long post this AM).
I believe she carried the bloody towels/sheets with her OUT OF THE BEDROOM after the killing, when she went downstairs. I don't think she ever went back upstairs again---too much risk of leaving more evidence. She also locked the master bedroom door on her way out!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next