Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19

+32
yellow bike
Trueblue
keikikiki
lostyou
spammie
Weeziethm
Ann - Tx
auman58
olivier57
Freckles
renatae
Mylife101
sitemama
justanopinion
Alessandra_Deux
Sarainbc
Mari 68
Pianist
18thcenturylady
carlakay
WeeBonnie
sassy5d
tesstruhart
Moosiesmama
LoriKaye
gsweater
Bmore
Mrskinger
Bo
hello clarice
Junebug
Cubs Fan
36 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19

Post by 18thcenturylady Sat May 04, 2013 2:03 pm

carlakay wrote:18th I just got to say this...you are absolutely gorgeous and I do not believe at all that you are 61!

Awww....I am blushin' here!!! Yup, I am...That photo was taken just last spring. I was a widow for a long time. Hubby and I married in 2007. We are historical reenactors, and we had an 18thc. wedding.
Every year we celebrate our anniversary in 18thc. style! Last year was our 5th, and we had high tea at a tea room in Maine, and that was when that photo was taken!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19

Post by Pianist Sat May 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Please excuse if this is a long post. I have not been able to get to the computer for a while and have had to use my cell phone. I am able to get to the computer because my loving husband had a very bad spell last night and is in bed for the day. (Please pray with us for his recovery. Parkinsons Disease is terrible.)

This trial has become addictive that is for sure. Following are some of my thoughts.

As to the attorneys: I am so glad that Juan did not stoop to the gutter like the DT did. He kept his principles in tacked and dealt with everything with respect for the victim. Now we could say he was just doing his job like people say about the DT. No he could have had sex, sex, sex, and more sex as part of his strategy, but he did not. In fact he kept saying that these were conscenting adults and no crime was comitted with the sex talk. We may not like it ourselves, but it is between two adults. I am sure that JA kept her promise to Juan that if he did not accept 2nd degree she would ruin Travis' reputation and destroy his family. When there were objections Juan was very professional, not like JW. She so many times behaved unprofessionally. On top of that, I am sure Juan did not like all the side bars, but in order to keep the DT from spouting things in open court with speaking objections he knew it was best to take the side bars. He accepted the objection either way and continued on with his questioning. That is CLASS.

As to the Experts: Alyce and Samuels were not credible but I believe that they were the only ones who would take on this case. IIRC there were 11 who interviewed JA for the DT. Their last expert really had nothing to add. Whereas Dr. D. was not only credible but honest, forthright, and unbiased which shows again that Juan knows how to pick experts who are just plain GOOD.

As to the crime itself: I personally do not care if the shot came first or last. It makes no difference. She butchered him. When she slit his throat it was not in the heat of passion, it was not self defense; she wanted him dead. So when she decided to slice his throat she premediated the murder. She had ample time to leave and get police help or report this terrible thing.

She cleaned up the best she could with the time left that she had. She knew that his roommates would be home so all she was interested in was removing anything that showed she was there. She really wasn't doing any housecleaning. I believe she brought both the gun and the knife. I believe that she wanted him to look into her eyes when she killed him. I believe that the sex was for two reasons. She wanted him back and if that was not going to happen then she wanted to be sure that she was the last person he had sex with.

I also believe that she accidently put the camera in the washer. If not she would have not taken the time to delete ONLY the pictures that showed she was there. She would have deleted them all as someone posted earlier.

As to Jodie: She wanted to see the evidence against her so that she could tailor her story around the evidence. The reason it took her 2 years or more to admit she did it was because as time progressed she got more of the evidence, tailored her story more, and finalized her thoughts. She is one troubled young woman who would be a danger to society if she were allowed to go free at any time. Imagine what she would think: I got away with it once I can get away with it again. I also believe that she was trying to run when they arrested her. I don't know of young women who carry guns and knives in their cars. I have always wondered if she was headed to MM or Daryl to make sure they never talked against her by doing the deed again.

As to the Trip: She did not want anyone to know that she was there. That was the reason she had the gas cans, turned off the cell phone, worked on the license plates, and traveled with dark hair. I also believe that if Travis would have taken her back she would have called the guy in Utah and called off her visit.

Let me finish by saying MURDER 1 for both premeditation and Felony Murder.
I know this is long and again I apologize. I have not been really able to get it vented like this before.

guitar [u]
Pianist
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat May 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Excellent "sketch" review of what this is all about:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/04/us/jodi-arias-primer/index.html

"...Lost in the salacious details of the "Jodi Arias trial" is the victim, Travis Alexander, 30, who was brutally killed in his Mesa, Arizona, home in June 2008.
Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias met in 2006.
Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias met in 2006.

Faith was an integral part of Alexander's life. The professed son of methamphetamine addicts, Alexander was raised in Riverside, California, with three brothers and four sisters. His grandmother introduced him to Mormonism as a child.

After he graduated from high school he went on a two-year mission in Denver. He later moved to Mesa because of the strong Mormon community and became a motivational speaker and businessman. He also authored a book titled, "Raising You."

Arias was living in Yreka, California when she met Alexander at a business convention in Las Vegas in September 2006. That November, he baptized Arias into the Mormon faith, a ceremony Arias said was followed by anal sex.

Arias became his girlfriend two months later, she testified, and they dated for less than a year.

They broke up in the summer of 2007 and Alexander began dating other women. There were claims that Arias would stalk him, peering in his windows at times. Still he and Arias continued to hang out on several occasions until, disenchanted Arias says, she moved back to northern California. They continued to communicate.

The prosecution's case

Alexander's naked body was found crammed in a stand-up shower after he missed two appointments, prompting friends to go to his house. He had been stabbed 27 times in the back and torso and shot in the head. His throat was slit from ear to ear.
Reaction to Juan's closing argument
Closing argument brings Jodi to tears
Travis' friend: Jodi ran after our car
Does Jodi Arias love the spotlight?

Arias initially told an investigator, "I heard a lot of rumors, and that there was a lot of blood." She later claimed she killed him, albeit in self-defense.

Deputy Maricopa County Attorney Juan Martinez has accused Arias of playing the victim when, in fact, he alleges she staged the crime scene to make it look like self-defense and has actively sought to profit from the media attention.

Prior to Alexander's killing, Martinez said, Arias stole her grandparents' .25-caliber pistol, rented a car in Redding, California, turned off her cell phone and brought along cans of gas so there would be no record that she was in Arizona.

"The only reason to keep this whole thing a secret, which is what she tried to do, is because she was going to kill him, and she's making preparations," the prosecutor said.

Finally, according to Martinez's closing argument, after she killed Alexander, she hooked up with an out-of-state romantic interest so she would have an alibi.

"She continues on to Utah into his waiting arms. Gosh, you can almost hear the violins making their sound as she goes up to him, gives him that first kiss. Isn't that romantic?" Martinez said.

Arias' defense

Defense attorney Jennifer Willmott has said Arias was the victim of a controlling, psychologically abusive relationship and that Alexander considered Arias "his dirty little secret."

Before Arias killed her ex in self-defense, Willmott claimed, she was subjected to rough vaginal sex. After she dropped Alexander's new camera, he became violent, the defense said, and had Arias not defended herself, investigators would've found Arias, not Alexander, dead in the bathroom.

Arguing the prosecution's position that Arias was obsessed with Alexander and stalking him, another defense attorney, Kiki Nurmi, has said it didn't add up because Arias was active on a Mormon dating site.

"Jodi ... wasn't so locked in on Travis that she wasn't looking for other men," Nurmi said.

As for the allegation that Arias attempted to surreptitiously slip in and out of Arizona without a trace, Nurmi pointed out that Arias went to the Redding, California, airport to rent her car for the trip.

"An airport with security cameras and security all around," the defense attorney said, "not some rental car agency on the outskirts of town -- an airport. That doesn't make any sense if you're on a covert mission."

Nurmi also questioned the merit of the prosecution's gas can argument, saying Arias could have avoided a paper trail simply by paying with cash. She didn't need cans, he said.

Did Arias change her story? Sure, Nurmi said, but that's not what she is standing trial for.

"If Jodi Arias were accused of the crime of lying, I could not stand before you and say she's not guilty of that crime, but nowhere in your jury instructions are you asked to convict Jodi Arias of lying," Nurmi said. ... "

More to the story and mini-vids at above link.

Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat May 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Off topic. Completely off topic! Just a fresh glass of cool ice tea... Something to wash the swill from the mouth.

http://www.vetstreet.com/dr-marty-becker/five-out-of-fashion-dog-breeds-this-vet-misses?WT.mc_id=Outbrain_11515840

Salute to Down-Under! The Quokkas are coming! And I want one.... Very Happy
http://www.petsugar.com/What-Quokka-29903660?slide=4&image_nid=29903801
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Sat May 04, 2013 5:42 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:
carlakay wrote:18th I just got to say this...you are absolutely gorgeous and I do not believe at all that you are 61!

Awww....I am blushin' here!!! Yup, I am...That photo was taken just last spring. I was a widow for a long time. Hubby and I married in 2007. We are historical reenactors, and we had an 18thc. wedding.
Every year we celebrate our anniversary in 18thc. style! Last year was our 5th, and we had high tea at a tea room in Maine, and that was when that photo was taken!

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your new picture!

Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat May 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Throughout this trial, we have heard JA, her attys, and her defense experts all speak re this "New Wave" concept of Attraction. As if it is something holier than anything that has gone before it; as if it is some brilliant, star bursting dogma of grand performance, a magnitude never seen before; as if it is something the "brilliant" mind would logically endorse. And it was supposedly something JA and Matt both endorsed.

Consider the source.
And consider the outcome.

IMO, this "Law of Attraction" turned out to be closer to the "Law of Fatal Attraction" in the hands of JA. And it is nothing more than, "...I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight." Nothing more than a child's superstition as they look at a darkened night sky flung wide with stars and throw a wish out there. Or as some love-struck teenagers might do as they sit upon a car hood parked in lover's lane, holding hands and whispering tender NOTHINGS in each others ears. (The words are from, _Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star_.)

As for JA: Dr. De Marte said it correctly when she identified JA as being immature. JA is immature. She lacks maturity in thought, in her dress, her actions, her aspirations, her appearance, and especially how she sees herself in her interactions with others. JA has NEVER learned to respect others or their personal boundaries.
What they have gained personally or physically, JA believes she IS entitled to.

Now tell me just how it is JA's parents are NOT aware of their daughter's inability to function as an adult when she struggled with basic boundary concepts as a child? Tell me JA did NOT abuse her siblings, her parents, her pets OR those of others?

We are not surprised when adult JA can not hold a job, her co-workers complain about her in the modeling job and the assorted restaurant positions, her bosses write negative reports, BUT her parents and neighbors are unaware JA is having difficulty assimilating into the work environment?

Travis' friends KNEW something was wrong "with that girl" and they shared that knowledge with the very first officer on the scene after Travis' body was found. Not just one or two individuals who may have had a bone to pick with JA, but ALL of them, even those who first befriended JA, they each realized she was a danger in someway and they chose to not associate with her. Yet her parents were unaware?

Tell me JA did NOT stage a break in at her grandparents' home when JA has NO respect for others or their property?

BTW, I found it of interest. Darryl, Matt, Bobby, Rachael, etc., NONE of these people chose to be in the court ANY day of the trial. JA's mother, aunt, and her grandmother were present. JA's old jail house roomie and her gf were present.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat May 04, 2013 6:03 pm

YES! To all PIANO has said above!
Excellent post!

I am not sure if it was accidental or intentional JA placing the camera in the washer. Could she have deleted the pics, gathered up the laundry last, took it downstairs to the washer, placed it on the edge of the washer, and accidentally bumped it in when she was loading the items into the washer? Symbolically, I could see deleting the pics and then intentionally "washing" away the evidence of the crime scene on her way out the door.

I was surprised Juan did not address the "rope" tassel found on the stair with the blood drop next to it. IMO, she must have had her arms full of her luggage, the bloody items, and failed to notice what she dropped. I am sure she was racing through the house before the roomies got home.

When did she put up the dog fence/barrier?
IMO, that was done before she went upstairs to "Surprise! I'M back!" and waken Travis. I can't figure out why, however. (Unless Travis put it up to keep his dog from going into an area freshly steam cleaned? )
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Sat May 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi guys....so many great thoughts everyone has shared as we all decompress. One comment tonight is how much I appreciate JM going through each and every point of the jury instructions and how they apply to the law, and not emotion.

There has been so much discussion and angst over what came first - gun or knife. What never changed was the fact that the neck slash/near decapitation happened in the "middle". While weeding my neglected back yard today, I re-ran Juan's words in my mind....that premed can take just mere seconds. So no matter what order - gun or knife - slashing his throat was in the middle and she had to have the intent/knowledge before doing so.

She KNEW what she was doing. No snapping here, doncha know. He needed to be DEAD. Period. End of Story.

Hopefully we shall hear the end of JAA very soon.

P.S. Her laser eyes at JM during the magazine reveal told me all I needed to know, as if I didn't already... lawdy
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Sat May 04, 2013 7:26 pm

I have copied and pasted the below. Got it from a website called "my death space"

I don't know how to link it properly so you can see this one post. Anyhow, this is someone else's take on Jodi during Juan's closing.

Juan Martinez says she planned the murder starting on May 26th.

Jodi looks up.

This time we feel a sudden wave of cold static. Then we see the switch.

See her skin go slick and buttery. We watch her jaw reshape and her coloring stop. Then Jodi's eyes begin to drift apart.

The right eye unplugs and drifts lazy to the edge of the table, reading the darkness there, tracking the back and forth and back. The left eye watches him. Peeking at him and the photo of Travis's back. The wax head twists and turns to the gallery. It mouths something. We've seen it do this before. it doesnt remind us of anything human.

Sitting next to her are her attorneys. The court officer with his finger on the stun button. Her mom, aunt, brother, and grandmother sit behind her and to the left along with donovan her only friend in the world. We arent feeling any kind of fear. They don't sense evil in the woman in front of them. It's not rage or murderous lust. its blankness, a horrible nothing. A wall has fallen. There is nothing behind it. In this moment we know. Jodi is not Jodi. We never knew her, it is because there is nothing to know.

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Sat May 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Freckles wrote:Throughout this trial, we have heard JA, her attys, and her defense experts all speak re this "New Wave" concept of Attraction. As if it is something holier than anything that has gone before it; as if it is some brilliant, star bursting dogma of grand performance, a magnitude never seen before; as if it is something the "brilliant" mind would logically endorse. And it was supposedly something JA and Matt both endorsed.

Consider the source.
And consider the outcome.

IMO, this "Law of Attraction" turned out to be closer to the "Law of Fatal Attraction" in the hands of JA. And it is nothing more than, "...I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight." Nothing more than a child's superstition as they look at a darkened night sky flung wide with stars and throw a wish out there. Or as some love-struck teenagers might do as they sit upon a car hood parked in lover's lane, holding hands and whispering tender NOTHINGS in each others ears. (The words are from, _Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star_.)

As for JA: Dr. De Marte said it correctly when she identified JA as being immature. JA is immature. She lacks maturity in thought, in her dress, her actions, her aspirations, her appearance, and especially how she sees herself in her interactions with others. JA has NEVER learned to respect others or their personal boundaries.
What they have gained personally or physically, JA believes she IS entitled to.

Now tell me just how it is JA's parents are NOT aware of their daughter's inability to function as an adult when she struggled with basic boundary concepts as a child? Tell me JA did NOT abuse her siblings, her parents, her pets OR those of others?

We are not surprised when adult JA can not hold a job, her co-workers complain about her in the modeling job and the assorted restaurant positions, her bosses write negative reports, BUT her parents and neighbors are unaware JA is having difficulty assimilating into the work environment?

Travis' friends KNEW something was wrong "with that girl" and they shared that knowledge with the very first officer on the scene after Travis' body was found. Not just one or two individuals who may have had a bone to pick with JA, but ALL of them, even those who first befriended JA, they each realized she was a danger in someway and they chose to not associate with her. Yet her parents were unaware?

Tell me JA did NOT stage a break in at her grandparents' home when JA has NO respect for others or their property?

BTW, I found it of interest. Darryl, Matt, Bobby, Rachael, etc., NONE of these people chose to be in the court ANY day of the trial. JA's mother, aunt, and her grandmother were present. JA's old jail house roomie and her gf were present.

I think her parents DID know she was different. However, it had been years they were sort of estranged - and on the outside it appeared she was doing well. Working, boyfriend for many years, bought a house - course she shared nothing with them, they weren't allowed to visit her - I don't know what they thought about all that exactly. Jodi's father simplified it by saying Jodi thought they were too nosy. He's a simple man. He hadn't made the connection to EVIL or SOCIOPATH.

Her own mother thought bi-polar. Really??? Just googling that will tell you it ain't true. But again, all the contact her mother had with Jodi was "hi Mom, how are you? miss you, have a great day" and then hours later "you biotch!!! I hate you!!! you owe me! my life sucks and I want to kill myself"

I guess her own mother is pretty darn simple too. This is bi-polar to her. The dad calls it manipulation but says so in other words. He says she's strange and mother says bi-polar.

I don't believe for a minute her parents thought "at least the murdering freak show ain't here with us"

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Sat May 04, 2013 7:43 pm

I kept thinking how fabulous it would have been for Travis' family to completely sit out for Jodi's closing argument.

Just leave the court room. Stay for none of it. Come back when Juan was back up.

THAT is a message like no other - We aren't interested in hearing your BULLSCHITT story, Jodi.

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarainbc Sat May 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Really like your theory Pianist!

Love this site!

I have been following the trial and stumbled on to this site about a month ago. Loved reading it and just thought I would send out my appreciation for all of the "extras" I found here.

This trial is addictive. I started to watch expecting to side with Jodi because I had not heard much about it except that it was self defence in response to spousal abuse. As someone who suffered from spousal abuse for many years I was very ready to accept and cheer her team on. The more I watched the more I was disgusted I became.

It is sometimes hard to know what has come from Jodi's mouth and what is true. However, if I was a juror, I would discount anything that came from Jodi herself. It sickens me that a woman would use domestic violence as her defence. It makes it open season on men should she get anything less than 1st degree murder.

Sarainbc

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat May 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Welcome, Sarainbc!
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 901969 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 864739 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 901969
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat May 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Friday, May 3, 2013

Transcript: Juan Martinez Closing Arguments in the Jodi Arias Trial (videos)

Posted by Charisse Van Horn at 11:13 PM

http://crimeandcourtsnews.blogspot.com/2013/05/transcript-juan-martinez-closing.html#.UYSnLaI3vvo

Transcript: Jodi Arias Trial Defense Closing Arguments with Kirk Nurmi (full videos)

Posted by Charisse Van Horn at 11:17 PM

http://crimeandcourtsnews.blogspot.com/2013/05/transcript-jodi-arias-trial-defense.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat May 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Life on death row: What Jodi Arias could expect

HLN

Published on May 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f7AbOkb9gY
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat May 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Reviewing the vids of closing since I was sleeping during the beginning of Nurmi's. He makes SO many mistakes!
Here he is showing the "gun cabinet" and asking why, if she had taken the gun from here, did she not choose to take a different gun? Hello! The gun was stolen from the grandfather's bedroom and out of either the end table or the dresser. I don't recall which one. (I presume he had one in the chamber and it was within easy reach in case of an intruder in the middle of the night.)

@22:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xMrczSTr_aMNew

Nurmi words:
Conversate ( converse)
could have droven (could have driven)

@47:30
Nurmi says, Is JA quilty of lying? Of course she is! But there is no place on your verdict form...

Wow. He ran his VW bus backward over his client! He underscored JA is a LIAR without stating WHY JA felt she needed to lie! Like, something really important? Some real good reason for lying to the detectives. Lying to her parents. Lying to Ryan and Leslie.
Lying to the... JURY. The very jury who is to try her... yep! She LIED to them. And Nurmi confirmed it! (Was the jury abusing her? How about Flores? Or Leslie or Ryan?)

Last edited by Freckles on Sun May 05, 2013 12:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat May 04, 2013 10:21 pm

????

When/where did JA buy the water she had in the trunk of the car? She used it to "wash " the blood off her hands after killing Travis. Could these be the unidentified items on the Walmart receipt?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat May 04, 2013 10:53 pm

@57:31
TRAVIS' OFFICE:
Note: IF Travis had been awake and watching youtube vids early in the AM of June 4, as JA has said he was...
JA said she stood in the doorway and watched him.
He HAD HIS BACK TO HER AND WAS FACING THE COMPUTER as he watched the video....

There's the rub. Travis' desk FACED the doorway.
This means the computer he was looking at, when he was watching it, he would have SEEN HER STANDING IN THE DOORWAY. JA said she stood there for a few minutes and Napoleon spotted her and went to her alerting Travis.

Another LIE, folks. One Juan did not mention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xMrczSTr_aM

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Sat May 04, 2013 11:45 pm

maybe it is just that it is late here but...

One of the questions that seems to be bothering people not very familiar with this case (none of us) is why did they have sex before she killed him.

Maybe, when she brought the pictures on DVD of the other trips... and she may have said I am here to come clean like you asked but I really need to sleep as I have been driving all night... TA was also tired... so maybe they just went to sleep.. Sorry but I think Jodi is a nymphomaniac and decided that one last romp (TA being a dildo with a heartbeat) ... then... I think because she was dressed she may have already had a shower and brought her purse or bag into the bathroom and may or maynot have left it there...but certainly had left the gun and knife there... while she put on her makeup.. and then said all the goodbyes... I truly do not believe that TA knew he was being photographed until the one at the end when I think he just slumped down because he was at a loss of how to get rid of her.. I think there may have been some words exchanged but not because she dropped his camera.. but because he said I thought I told you to go!! Then the cold hearted b!tch did what she came to do... and we know the end.

Yes it was premeditated M1... yes it was felony murder M1... I vote M1 all the way.. and if I could I would stuff the ballot box; with about a 100 votes... I can not wait to see her face when they read the verdict.

well... that is just my opinion and I am okay if people don't agree... but I know we all want M1... Razz
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat May 04, 2013 11:49 pm

I totally agree.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sun May 05, 2013 12:28 am

justanopinion wrote:maybe it is just that it is late here but...

One of the questions that seems to be bothering people not very familiar with this case (none of us) is why did they have sex before she killed him.

Maybe, when she brought the pictures on DVD of the other trips... and she may have said I am here to come clean like you asked but I really need to sleep as I have been driving all night... TA was also tired... so maybe they just went to sleep.. Sorry but I think Jodi is a nymphomaniac and decided that one last romp (TA being a dildo with a heartbeat) ... then... I think because she was dressed she may have already had a shower and brought her purse or bag into the bathroom and may or maynot have left it there...but certainly had left the gun and knife there... while she put on her makeup.. and then said all the goodbyes... I truly do not believe that TA knew he was being photographed until the one at the end when I think he just slumped down because he was at a loss of how to get rid of her.. I think there may have been some words exchanged but not because she dropped his camera.. but because he said I thought I told you to go!! Then the cold hearted b!tch did what she came to do... and we know the end.

Yes it was premeditated M1... yes it was felony murder M1... I vote M1 all the way.. and if I could I would stuff the ballot box; with about a 100 votes... I can not wait to see her face when they read the verdict.

well... that is just my opinion and I am okay if people don't agree... but I know we all want M1... Razz

What's not to agree with??? Certainly speaks for me too! Razz
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun May 05, 2013 1:38 am

This is very short but a good visual assist.
It explains the possible verdicts and respective sentencing.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/03/jodi-arias-fate-first-degree-murder-manslaughter

This is a text copy of the jury's options:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/02/life-balance-jodi-arias-possible-fates
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun May 05, 2013 3:18 am

Prior Martinez cases:

Doug Grant: manslaughter in aiding suicide of wife, Faylene

"... Despite the shifting theories, prosecutor Martinez remained steadfast until last week that this was a first-degree, premeditated case, period.

But Martinez surprised his counterpart, defense attorney Mel McDonald, during a hearing about proposed jury instructions, asking Judge Meg Mahoney to allow jurors to also consider both second-degree murder and manslaughter during their deliberations.... "

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/03/prosecutor_adds_assisted_suici.php

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/31005549/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/fatal-visions/

Got manslaughter: 5 yrs.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2009-05-21/news/doug-grant-facing-five-years-after-murdered-wife-s-sister-pressed-for-his-conviction-based-on-a-dream/

Index to the Grant trial:
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/related/to/Doug+Grant/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Sun May 05, 2013 3:25 am

18thcenturylady wrote:My new profile photo for now~ Hubby and I sending our admiration and thanks to Juan and hoping to soon be toasting a well deserved guilty verdict of murder one and felony murder for the defendant.
Prayers for Travis and his family this weekend~

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 P1010011

Just love it!! Do you own a B&B? I think you mentioned a store... Wish I lived closer to you as I love that sort of thing and use a lot of "period" type decorations/furniture.
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Sun May 05, 2013 3:31 am

18thcenturylady wrote:One thing that burned my butt yesterday---Did you all see Wilmot and Jodi during Juan's rebuttal closing? They were both whispering, and writing and taking notes---WTH---IT'S OVER, LADIES!
shut up
Wilmot again did the pursing of the lips, eye-rolling, and lifting her butt off the seat, as if a "y'r hon'r mewpweesapproach" was imminent!
She wore a continual look of outrage and 'how dare he say that'!
tongue

It was driving me crazy! It didn't matter whether he was talking about things clearly in evidence and undisputed, she was sitting there with those outraged expressions as if nothing he said was true. However, I noticed when Nurmi was giving his closing, her expressions weren't much better. She really looked puffy and tired, but that was no excuse for acting as though Juan was swearing in French instead of giving a perfectly clear closing. And the ridiculous objection to John Dunne was just stupid. I don't even know what Nurmi said. Probably "Asscan answer!" Since there was no sensible objection, he probably just used his usual one, LOL.
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Sun May 05, 2013 3:39 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
Freckles wrote:Sorry. I had to walk away. I am so sick of hearing how Travis was at fault for everything including every damn stab wound SHE inflicted. The cut throat must have been when he was shaving, right Nurmi?

There are some real sickos out there and the sickest are the bs-ers who RELISH in continuing to kill Travis by trying to destroy the goodness he was. Shame on you!
You three ALL deserve each other! May it come full circle.

So right. I agree. I can't absolve these 3, or say that Nurmi and Wilmot were just lawyers doing their jobs. There is something very morally wrong and reprehensible with how Jodi and her attorneys have trashed Travis' memory and reputation WITH LIES for one reason; to save the worthless life of a murderer. It's slimy. It's sick. It is NOT o.k. or justifiable. To say, well, that is the way our system works, that is what is done and what is allowed in a defense is NOT a justification. I am sick of this s---! When are we all going to be responsible for our own actions and say, 'No, I can't do that---The SYSTEM is wrong and I won't be a party to that'. We need to fix the system, not compromise our own values! There is right and wrong, honorable and dishonorable. There are actions that are shameful and those that are something to be proud of. If we each do not hold ourselves up to a higher standard, if no one will ever say 'NO, this is wrong and I won't do it', than NOTHING will ever change.
I have been praying this morning for Travis and for the jury to do the right thing, as Juan as instructed.
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 839314

So true! They went way beyond the pale. It is one thing to put up a good defense. It's another thing to promote lies. It is egregious to trash the victim. It's disgusting that Alyce could get up there and say things like (not a direct quote) "Travis threw her to the ground, then choked her until she lost consciousness, so she was rightfully concerned when he threatened her this way again." She sounded authoritative and as if she was testifying to something she had witnessed, not just repeating stuff Jodi had told her and hadn't even written in her journal.
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Sun May 05, 2013 3:45 am

olivier57 wrote:As I didn't know the role of a "mitigation specialist", I did a search and found this :

http://tonymosslaw.com/mitigation-consulting/what-does-a-mitigation-specialist-do
where the most important sentences are "They have the time and ability to elicit sensitive, embarrassing and often humiliating evidence (e.g., family sexual abuse) that the defendant may never have disclosed. They have the clinical skills to recognize such things as congenital, mental or neurological conditions, to understand how these conditions may have affected the defendant’s development and behavior, and to identify the most appropriate experts to examine the defendant or testify on his behalf. "

We do not have this job in France or at least it 's not called like that but attorneys do it.

This makes me think about two points :
1) I understand the idea, but searching the conditions that might have affected defendant's behavior is not far to me from allowing some killers a "right to kill". As 18th said above, I think that "doing the job" for an attorney does not imply going into his client's lies and help him twisting the truth.

2) Maria de la Rosa's role is underestimated because she is probably the one who found the ideas of batterered woman, PTSD and ALV and DrS to support that.

I never heard of such a person before, and I certainly do not understand why Arizona had to pay for her to be there during the trial. If she is supposed to be commenting on conditions the defendant has, or about the defendant's history, that does not require her hearing all the testimony and getting paid to sit on her rear all day and hold hands with Jodi and be her personal comforter. What a crock. The state is bending over backwards to coddle her.
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun May 05, 2013 3:55 am

Juan Martinez Cases
Scott Falater case: sleep walking murder claim
Felony Murder:Life w/out parole

"... But Maricopa County Deputy Attorney Juan Martinez said he hasn't seen any remorse from Falater for his actions. "He's never said he's sorry," he said. "Remorse requires acceptance of the fact that you did something wrong. This defendant has never accepted responsibility for brutally killing his wife. He is still hiding behind this so-called sleepwalking defense that was not proven at trial. ..."

http://www.mormonstoday.com/000116/D2Falater01.shtml

http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/results.aspx?InmateNumber=148979&LastName=FALATER&FNMI=S&SearchType=SearchInet
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Sun May 05, 2013 4:00 am

Mylife101 wrote:For those of you who haven't made the trek over to EggTree yet, here's a link.

Heavy D Nurmi Throws Some Whine and Cheese at the Jury
Posted May 3, 2013 by eggtreenews

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/2013/05/03/heavy-d-nurmi-throws-some-whine-and-cheese-at-the-jury/

Enjoy! Very Happy

LOL, that was spot on - and hilarious!
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun May 05, 2013 4:05 am

Juan Martinez cases:
Rick Valentini aka Bryan Steward

Juan Martinez crossing Rick Valentini aka Bryan Steward
RV murdered his gf, the body was never found but JM got a conviction of 2nd degree.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7405236n
http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?26916-The-Martinez-Fan-Club-Thread!!!/page4
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun May 05, 2013 4:12 am

Juan Martinez cases
David Wayne Carr:

Not guilty of murder

JM : "he's now unbeaten in 14 murder trials"
http://www.people.com/people/archive...128694,00.html
Appeal denied http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2002-...the-big-sleep/

one case he would lose later in 2002.

CARR, David Wayne (1 st degree murder) 2002
Not Guilty By Jury 9/25/2002
9/25/2002 http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2002-...stice-delayed/
http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...=CR2001-018864

Can't find much on that one, but this article that is an interesting read. JM takes on a Judge and the Judge tries to slap a serious contempt charge on him. The DA's office actually hired a lawyer for JM.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?26916-The-Martinez-Fan-Club-Thread!!!/page4

Charges against Martinez:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2002-08-29/news/justice-delayed/

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun May 05, 2013 4:14 am

Post 88

List of ALL the Juan Martinez cases, links:
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Sun May 05, 2013 4:16 am

olivier57 wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:For those of you who haven't made the trek over to EggTree yet, here's a link.

Heavy D Nurmi Throws Some Whine and Cheese at the Jury
Posted May 3, 2013 by eggtreenews

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/2013/05/03/heavy-d-nurmi-throws-some-whine-and-cheese-at-the-jury/

Enjoy! Very Happy

Yes, thanks, those chronicles are really hilarious (even if I don't get all of it because it's is not written in an school level english and uses many metaphors...)

Here are some clarifications of terms you might not have recognized, Olivier - some are not so much colloquialisms as brand names of items.

Heffalump- fictional elephant from Winnie the Pooh stories
Barcalounger - brand of large reclining chair, like the better known La-Z-Boy
Mini-Me - character in Austin Powers movie who was a smaller clone of Dr. Evil
hotboxed - your guess is as good as mine, LOL

renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun May 05, 2013 4:23 am

What makes me roflao is hearing this "heat of the moment" or argument being considered.

How does one make that transition?
Travis is butt naked, sopping wet, sitting flat on the bottom of a shower and within 2 minutes:

--he allegedly calls JA a name;
--knocks her to the ground;
--runs after her down a hallway;
--races into a closet where she is running out of;
--she shoots him in the bathroom;
--- ???she does not tell us of the stabbing or blood in sink but we know they happened and THAT takes time;
---he goes down the hallway
---she slits his throat
---she hauls his body back to the bathroom

Given her scenario,
WHERE IS THERE TIME FOR THIS SO-CALLED ARGUMENT?

WHERE WAS THERE TIME FOR TRAVIS TO ASSIST IN THE DELETION OF THE PICS?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sun May 05, 2013 4:25 am

renatae wrote:
olivier57 wrote:As I didn't know the role of a "mitigation specialist", I did a search and found this :

http://tonymosslaw.com/mitigation-consulting/what-does-a-mitigation-specialist-do
where the most important sentences are "They have the time and ability to elicit sensitive, embarrassing and often humiliating evidence (e.g., family sexual abuse) that the defendant may never have disclosed. They have the clinical skills to recognize such things as congenital, mental or neurological conditions, to understand how these conditions may have affected the defendant’s development and behavior, and to identify the most appropriate experts to examine the defendant or testify on his behalf. "

We do not have this job in France or at least it 's not called like that but attorneys do it.

This makes me think about two points :
1) I understand the idea, but searching the conditions that might have affected defendant's behavior is not far to me from allowing some killers a "right to kill". As 18th said above, I think that "doing the job" for an attorney does not imply going into his client's lies and help him twisting the truth.

2) Maria de la Rosa's role is underestimated because she is probably the one who found the ideas of batterered woman, PTSD and ALV and DrS to support that.

I never heard of such a person before, and I certainly do not understand why Arizona had to pay for her to be there during the trial. If she is supposed to be commenting on conditions the defendant has, or about the defendant's history, that does not require her hearing all the testimony and getting paid to sit on her rear all day and hold hands with Jodi and be her personal comforter. What a crock. The state is bending over backwards to coddle her.

Made me think that, like traders, lawyers built their own impenetrable stuffs, their own mumbo jumbo, their own artificial jobs, all to their own advantage. That explains why a rather simple fact finally costs 1,5 M$, not to mention new costs in the future.

By the way, thanks for the expression "swearing in French", I didn't knew it ! Very Happy

olivier57

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sun May 05, 2013 4:30 am

renatae wrote:
olivier57 wrote:

Yes, thanks, those chronicles are really hilarious (even if I don't get all of it because it's is not written in an school level english and uses many metaphors...)

Here are some clarifications of terms you might not have recognized, Olivier - some are not so much colloquialisms as brand names of items.

Heffalump- fictional elephant from Winnie the Pooh stories
Barcalounger - brand of large reclining chair, like the better known La-Z-Boy
Mini-Me - character in Austin Powers movie who was a smaller clone of Dr. Evil
hotboxed - your guess is as good as mine, LOL

Thanks so much Renatae, that was very kind of you to explain. Yes, I had a guess about hotboxed, all surrounding words driving me to think ... that she would not like to hear anymore of Heavy D roflao

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun May 05, 2013 4:30 am

Juan Martinez:
He was handling several other cases while prosecuting JA:

"...Karen Arra, a Superior Court spokeswoman, said judges are prohibited by a strict canon of ethics from commenting on pending cases. The next hearing on Redondo's case is scheduled for Nov. 26, and the trial is scheduled for Feb. 25, 2013...."

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/20121102prosecutor-files-motion-vs-judge.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sun May 05, 2013 4:45 am

Freckles wrote:Reviewing the vids of closing since I was sleeping during the beginning of Nurmi's. He makes SO many mistakes!
Here he is showing the "gun cabinet" and asking why, if she had taken the gun from here, did she not choose to take a different gun? Hello! The gun was stolen from the grandfather's bedroom and out of either the end table or the dresser. I don't recall which one. (I presume he had one in the chamber and it was within easy reach in case of an intruder in the middle of the night.)

@22:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xMrczSTr_aMNew

Nurmi words:
Conversate ( converse)
could have droven (could have driven)

@47:30
Nurmi says, Is JA quilty of lying? Of course she is! But there is no place on your verdict form...

Wow. He ran his VW bus backward over his client! He underscored JA is a LIAR without stating WHY JA felt she needed to lie! Like, something really important? Some real good reason for lying to the detectives. Lying to her parents. Lying to Ryan and Leslie.
Lying to the... JURY. The very jury who is to try her... yep! She LIED to them. And Nurmi confirmed it! (Was the jury abusing her? How about Flores? Or Leslie or Ryan?)

Good catches Freckles !

And I'm happy to see that Nurmi's words are sometimes as bad as mine !

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sun May 05, 2013 4:47 am

Here is a link that I use to understand some of the posts, if it could help others... Laughing

http://www.urbandictionary.com/

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Sun May 05, 2013 7:44 am

18thcenturylady wrote:

18th, just wondering if you guys re-enact accurately? (i.e., no electricity, no running water, no indoor toilets, no refrigeration, no daily bathing, etc.). The lamp doesn't appear to be whale oil driven.
Do you have slaves or indentured servant re-enacters? Ya'll look well-to-do.
Are you guys Loyalist or Patriot re-enacters?
Very Happy
Just kidding, of course, but I used to work with a Civil War re-enacter guy and they were fairly fanatical about everything being "true to the period" when they had their little weekend battles. They set up and slept in the proper tents and all that jazz as if the Civil War was fun....lol. Hell, I'm struggling just trying to be a 21st century man. If things don't improve, I may have to lose a couple of centuries myself....lol.

auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 Empty Blog Talk Radio: Tricia's True Crime Radio Show Today, 5/5/13

Post by Ann - Tx Sun May 05, 2013 8:53 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/05/06/tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern
Blog Talk Radio - TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO SUNDAY NIGHT 8 PM EASTERN

WE WELCOME ONE OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER'S BEST FRIENDS CHRIS HUGHES AND KATIECOOLADY WILL REPORT FROM INSIDE THE COURTROOM IN THE JODI ARIAS TRIAL.

Sunday, 5-5-13 at 7 pm CDT/8 pm EDT

Bumping!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sun May 05, 2013 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Sun May 05, 2013 8:55 am

Good mornin' all....Freckles mentioned upthread about the Falater case / lack of remorse.

fwiw, I read somewhere yesterday that there was a prior hearing that the defense "won" whereby JM could not use lack of remorse in his cic, rebut, closing. sorry that I don't have a link.

Hope everyone has a Juanderful day Laughing
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Sun May 05, 2013 9:17 am

Funny stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LxwjALuKRw
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sun May 05, 2013 9:24 am

renatae wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:My new profile photo for now~ Hubby and I sending our admiration and thanks to Juan and hoping to soon be toasting a well deserved guilty verdict of murder one and felony murder for the defendant.
Prayers for Travis and his family this weekend~

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 P1010011

Just love it!! Do you own a B&B? I think you mentioned a store... Wish I lived closer to you as I love that sort of thing and use a lot of "period" type decorations/furniture.

Thanks!
No, we live in a little 18thc. house that was a dump when I bought it when I moved alone from Ill. to NH 16 years ago. I worked for years with no money fixing it up. Met hubby and we married in 2007. I have an antique business. I used to have a little shop at the house, but now sell only online from our own website, www.thecountryladyantiques.com
In our spare time we are historical reenactors. We are the ones you see fighting the battles and living the life of someone in the 18thc. at events at places like Ft. Ticonderoga, museums, etc. Reenactors do not get paid. We do it for the love it , and to help the museums, forts, etc., stay open and to educate the public.

The 2 of us also present our own paid costumed historical programs to earn extra money at places like schools, clubs, museums, etc. We do paid tours of our house, fireplace cooked dinners, etc.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sun May 05, 2013 9:36 am

auman58 wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:

18th, just wondering if you guys re-enact accurately? (i.e., no electricity, no running water, no indoor toilets, no refrigeration, no daily bathing, etc.). The lamp doesn't appear to be whale oil driven.
Very Happy
Just kidding, of course, but I used to work with a Civil War re-enacter guy and they were fairly fanatical about everything being "true to the period" when they had their little weekend battles. They set up and slept in the proper tents and all that jazz as if the Civil War was fun....lol. Hell, I'm struggling just trying to be a 21st century man. If things don't improve, I may have to lose a couple of centuries myself....lol.

LOL!
The photo above was NOT taken at our house. That was at a tea room in Maine where we went to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary! (We had an 18thc. wedding).

At most reenactments, we are dressed in 'camp' clothing, living in a tent for the weekend, and eating, sleeping, dressing the 18thc. for those days. The public NEVER sees the reenactors using modern things! We never have a shower for those days, as we are out in a field! We do have the 'fancy' clothing for other types of period events as well!!
We were 'patriots' for years. Now, we belong to a Brit Revolutionary war group. We love our friends in the regiment and it's nice to reenact 'the other side' and see history from both perspectives.

We live in a tiny 18thc. house, and it is pretty darn authentic! We do have electricity, heat, modern conveniences, TV, etc., but we have no lamps---We actually collected antique lanterns here and there and we electrified them ourselves (easy)!
I did most of the work on my old house myself for years and years. We live a pretty simple life, though. We like to cook in the fireplace sometimes in winter! We do not have a cell phone or a lot of the fancy 'toys' some people can't live without. I always wanted to live in a very old house. It's an interesting life. It was backbreaking to restore the house for years, but I would do it all again!

Here is a pic of hubby and me at a reenactment at Ft. Sewell in Marblehead Massachusetts. That's our tent, and yes, we sleep and dress in it all weekend at events. Hubby DOES fight n the battles, and shoots his 'brown bess' musket!
Hubby even laces me into my 'stays' (see photo) outside the tent in the mornings while ladies watch and cringe, lol!!

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 Dsc_3510

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 Maryst11

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Sun May 05, 2013 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Sun May 05, 2013 9:42 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
auman58 wrote:

Very Happy

LOL!
The photo above was NOT taken at our house. That was at a tea room in Maine where we went to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary! (We had an 18thc. wedding).

At most reenactments, we are dressed in 'camp' clothing, living in a tent for the weekend, and eating, sleeping, dressing the 18thc. for those days. The public NEVER sees the reenactors using modern things! We never have a shower for those days, as we are out in a field! We do have the 'fancy' clothing for other types of period events as well!!
We were 'patriots' for years. Now, we belong to a Brit Revolutionary war group. We love our friends in the regiment and it's nice to reenact 'the other side' and see history from both perspectives.

We live in a tiny 18thc. house, and it is pretty darn authentic! We do have electricity, heat, modern conveniences, TV, etc., but we have no lamps---We actually collected antique lanterns here and there and we electrified them ourselves (easy)!
I did most of the work on my old house myself for years and years. We live a pretty simple life, though. We like to cook in the fireplace sometimes in winter! We do not have a cell phone or a lot of the fancy 'toys' some people can't live without. I always wanted to live in a very old house. It's an interesting life. It was backbreaking to restore the house for years, but I would do it all again!

Here is a pic of hubby and me at a reenactment at Ft. Sewell in Marblehead Massachusetts. That's our tent, and yes, we sleep and dress in it all weekend at events. Hubby DOES fight n the battles, and shoots his 'brown bess' musket!

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 Dsc_3510

Sounds cool, really, and you live in a beautiful part of the country.
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sun May 05, 2013 11:56 am

Just wondering who caught what I did in Juan's final rebuttal closing. He very early on addressed the whole pedophile lie. The jury does not know what we know---that Jodi forged letters claiming that Travis wrote them confessing to pedophilia. (Her mother tried to sell them to the National Enquirer to get the word out there at Jodi's insistence. The magazine suspected fraud, and to their credit, they said 'no'.)
These letters were later confiscated by jail personnel and turned over to the prosecution, who had them tested. They were proven to be fraudulent, and made up by Jodi, (with the possible help of Matt McCartney).
There was a HEARING scheduled with Jodi regarding these fraudulent letters. The coded message in the magazines was her trying to tell Matt he had contradicted her story when he spoke with the police, and to get in to see her asap.

What we don't know is what happened in that hearing. We can surmise that Jodi suffered some kind of rebuke or punishment. The upshot was that the letters DID NOT come into this trial as it was proven they were fake evidence manufactured by the defendant.
The prosecution tried to have all of this introduced in the trial so the jury could see the lengths Jodi went to to blacken Travis name. They also knew the jury would see her allegations were nothing but another of her lies. the judge said no, too prejudicial to poor Jodi, and so the jury doesn't know about the heinous thing she did.

When Juan brought up the magazines in closing he tried to send a message to the jury in the only way he could, hoping they would know that there was more to this story! I thought it was brilliant! The MINUTE he started taking about the magazine codes and the name and phone number of a reporter Jodi had tried to contact (in an effort to get her forged letters 'out there'), did you see Nurmi and Wilmot about have a stroke and jump out of their seats?

Sidebar.

Juan showed the magazines and the translated coded message to Matt. He shows the reporters name and number and says over and over several times, "there was a hearing, a hearing...about Jodi and this pedophilia lie..."
He was very clearly telling the jury, 'there is more to this story. I am not at liberty to tell you. Look at this code. Think of a hearing, and Jodi trying to contact reporters.'

I thought it was masterful. It was so obvious to me as he kept repeating, and asking the jury with regard to the reporters number "what do you think this meeting was? What?..."
I hope that some on the jury picked up on that whole thing, and can deduce on their own that yes, Jodi made up the pedophile allegation, and something happened, and she was caught...Her plot discovered.
I was so happy that Juan had done his best to get a message out there, however he could!

I hope the jury not only finds Jodi guilty of murder one, but also sees what a truly devious, evil, dangerous person she is, and how she will stop at nothing to get what she wants.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sun May 05, 2013 12:25 pm

That's completely incredible that "mitigation suppositions" can be shown in court but "too prejudicial" can not. That lies can be told about the victim, that he/she can be trashed but truth about killer can't be known. If the very basis of the system is biased, how can one expect a fair trial for the victim ?

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by spammie Sun May 05, 2013 12:39 pm

18th, I'm hoping somebody from the jury caught it too. JM's lawyering is simply brilliant. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #19 - Page 8 759197

spammie

Back to top Go down

Post by spammie Sun May 05, 2013 12:42 pm

BTW,I'm a refugee from The Hinky Meter, and I've been lurking around for a few months. I love it here.
*waves the mandible of truth*

spammie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next