Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA

+12
Moosiesmama
Nene_Please
Jersey
Jamie33
angiefly2
ishi
Nan11
Cali
Alessandra_Deux
CuriousPortlander
lostyou
sitemama
16 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA Empty 22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Georgia Man Charged With Murder for Leaving Son to Die in Sweltering Car (Video)

Posted 6:24 PM, June 19, 2014, by Los Angeles Times, Updated at 11:28pm, June 19, 2014

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA 9x16
Justin Ross Harris, 33, of Marietta, Ga., has been charged with felony murder and child cruelty after allegedly leaving his 22-month-old son in a sweltering car. (Cobb County Sheriff's Office)

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA Hot-car-georgia-boy
Cooper, 22-months-old, died in a hot SUV after spending 7 hours strapped in his car seat. (Credit: WSB-TV.com)

A 33-year-old Georgia man has been charged with felony murder after leaving his 22-month-old son in a sweltering car on Wednesday, police said.

Justin Ross Harris, of Marietta, Ga., said he forgot that his son was in the backseat of Hyundai Tuscon, and left him strapped into a car seat for nearly seven hours while he went to work, police said.

The child was left in 88-degree heat, and was discovered dead outside the Akers Mill Square shopping center in Marietta about 4:30 p.m., according to a copy of a warrant charging Harris with murder.

Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told the Los Angeles Times that officers arrived to find a crowd circling Harris’ car.

Read more:

http://ktla.com/2014/06/19/georgia-man-charged-with-leaving-son-to-die-in-sweltering-car/

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA Empty Re: 22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:21 pm

sitemama wrote:This same thing happened in Charlotte NC a few years ago.  The father was either a doctor or dentist and was not used to dropping baby off at day care.  He was not arrested and they did nothing to him, and I think it was because he had money and could pay his way out of it.

They claimed it was an accident and he didn't mean to harm the baby.  I'm sure this man didn't mean to do it either.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA Empty Re: 22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:27 pm

Police probe death of Georgia toddler

Police suggest story is more than 22-month-old being left in hot car

UPDATED 8:04 AM CDT Jun 21, 2014
By Victor Blackwell CNN

(CNN) —It was a tragedy from the outset: a toddler found dead apparently after being left alone for hours in a hot car, a distraught father blaming himself and facing serious criminal charges.

Now, Cobb County, Georgia, police imply there is more -- much more -- to the story.

"Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

Initially, Justin Ross Harris, 33, told Cobb County police that he accidentally left his toddler son in his SUV on Wednesday. According to police, Harris told them he had forgotten to drop the child off at a day care center before going to work.

Read more:

http://www.kcci.com/national/police-probe-death-of-georgia-toddler/26600278#ixzz35KMtTLCg

-------------------------------------

Georgia toddler's death -- first blamed on heat -- is ongoing probe, police say

By Victor Blackwell, CNN
updated 4:37 PM EDT, Sat June 21, 2014

Video/Article:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/toddler-car-death-probe/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

--------------------------------------

Investigators hold back on releasing cause of death for 22 month-old boy left in car

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 5:24 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 20, 2014 5:34 PM CDT

By Will Frampton

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA 25833047_BG1
Cooper Harris, from Facebook page of Ross Harris

MARIETTA, GA (CBS46) - Cobb County investigators said it will likely be next week before the cause of death can be released in the case of Cooper Harris, the 22 month-old boy found dead by his father, Justin Ross Harris, in the backseat of his car Wednesday evening. Police said Harris had his son with him on his way to work Wednesday, but accidentally left the boy in the backseat all day.

However, Sgt. Dana Pierce said Friday that the information currently known to the public in this case is "just the tip of the iceberg," and that other pertinent details are likely to not be released by investigators until the case goes to trial.

Pierce also confirmed that investigators served search warrants at a Home Depot facility near Akers Mill, where Harris worked Wednesday morning and afternoon before discovering his son dead. Pierce said the cause of death has not yet been released because the Medical Examiner and investigators are still working to confirm all aspects of the case.

Read more:

http://www.nbc12.com/story/25833047/investigators-hold-back-on-releasing-cause-of-death-for-22-month-old-boy-left-in-hot-car
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:28 pm

Freckles wrote:Re the death of the Harris baby:

The little boy was old enough to talk; why did the child not call out to his father? Did the child not speak on the short trip? That is odd. Kids chatter and Dad would have known he was in the vehicle.

I am placing my belief in the child being killed in the home.
Parent(s) dressed him and put him in the car seat.
Problem with this: IF the child's diaper was clean... body fluids pass at time of death or shortly before. If the child's diaper/clothing were clean then he had to have died elsewhere.

It is interesting the father works SEVEN hours.
Not four or eight but SEVEN.
And the father did NOT see a child in the back of the vehicle when he left work?
And the father did NOT grab a bite out for lunch?
And the father did NOT pick a child up from day care?

It does not add up.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:31 pm

sitemama wrote:When I have my great-grandson in the back seat with me, he is prone to falling asleep after a long school day. I always call his name and make him talk to me about his day. If I let him sleep till we get where we are going, he is very ill when I wake him.

Even when my grands and great-grands were little, I always talked to them while we were riding. I can't believe anyone could put a 22 month old in the back seat and not talk to them. You are right, something is very wrong here.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:33 pm

Cobb police: Much has changed about toddler’s death

Posted: 3:32 a.m. Monday, June 23, 2014

The death of 22-month old Cooper Harris is not as simple as another kid being left in a hot car. Or at least that’s what Cobb County police are hinting at as their investigation continues.

~Snipped~

The emotional response is growing, and defense attorneys are weighing in about the death the child’s father called an accident.

“It seems like it's a rush to judgment in this situation. I think a lot more evidence could be developed before inflicting this on the family,” said defense attorney Kim Keheley Frye.

But Cobb County police say there was no rush in their investigation.

~Snipped~

Harris' bond hearing is set for 25 days from now on July 15.

The autopsy results may not arrive until next week.

Read more:

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/cobb-police-much-has-changed-about-toddlers-death/ngQkj/

----------------------------------------

Autopsy results may answer questions in toddler’s death

Updated: 5:14 p.m. Monday, June 23, 2014 | Posted: 11:18 a.m. Monday, June 23, 2014

By Alexis Stevens
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Read more:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/autopsy-results-may-answer-questions-in-toddlers-d/ngQwF/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Father Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat-Stroke Vehicle Death

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA Ht_justin_ross_harris_kab_140623_16x9_608

ABCNews STEVE OSUNSAMI

Monday, June 23, 2014

A Georgia father has been charged with felony murder in the death of his 22-month-old son after the boy was left inside a mini-SUV for hours on a sweltering day.

The man's family claims it was an honest and tragic mistake. But police disagree - and Justin Ross Harris, 33, now faces heightened charges in Cooper's heat stroke death, a case that has drawn outrage from people who believe the man has already suffered enough.

~Snipped~

After searching Harris's office, police arrested the grieving father and charged him with felony murder and child endangerment.

~Snipped~

Cooper's death marked the second vehicle heat stroke death involving a child last week. A Florida man, Steven Lillie, faces aggravated manslaughter charges in the June 16 death of his 9-month-old daughter, Anna Marie.

In Harris' case, police feel strongly about the murder charge, ABC's Chief Legal Affairs Anchor Dan Abrams said.

"We don't know exactly what evidence they have, but they've executed a search warrant. And it's not uncommon for computer-related searches to yield information," Abrams said. "Whatever the evidence is, the authorities believed it warranted bringing charges very quickly."

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/father-charged-felony-murder-sons-heat-stroke-vehicle/story?id=24258412
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Reports: Dad knew boy was trapped in hot car

By Jackie Taurianen
updated 7:33 AM EDT, Wed June 25, 2014

•Affiliate WSB: cops have evidence dad is lying
•22-month-old Cooper Harris was found dead in his car seat last week

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/06/24/reports-dad-knew-boy-was-trapped-hot-car

----------------------------------------------------

(The cause and manner of Cooper's death will be released tomorrow.

Two search warrants have been served to search his father's house.

Apparently there is evidence that Ross Harris went to his car during the seven hours
he has claimed he was in his office.

The police served a search warrant for his office so there might be videos showing

his activities throughout the day.)

---------------------------------------------------

Is dad in hot car death telling the truth?

By Jackie Taurianen
updated8:01 PM EDT, Tue June 24, 2014

•22-month-old Cooper Harris was allegedly found dead in his car seat last week
•Harris has pleaded not guilty to charges of felony murder, child cruelty
•Cops say they can't confirm dad's account of son's death

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/06/23/was-toddlers-death-accident-or-intentional?clusterId=1411#videoplayer
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:41 pm

Police: Evidence doesn't add up on boy left in hot car

News 10 · 23 minutes ago

VIDEO:

http://www.news10.net/videos/news/nation/2014/06/25/11347501/

---------------------------------------------------

Cooper will be buried this Saturday in Alabama, but his father won't be there ...
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:42 pm

Freckles wrote:Problems with the father telling first witnesses the child was supposedly choking when the child was already long dead....

" ...Eyewitness Edward Cockerham, 49, told MailOnline: ‘I was interviewed by the police last night and I told them I thought the guy was acting, he was really over-reacting to the situation.

'I know he had lost his baby but he was acting up more than he should have been. It seemed like acting to me. When he pulled in and people started asking him what had happened, he said that the baby had just started choking.

‘But the baby didn’t look like it had been choking, it looked like it had been sweating, like it had been in a swimming pool, his hair was all wet....."

" ... Artiyka also believes the baby had been dead for many hours before Harris pulled the child out of the car.

‘The baby was a grey/blue color, not its natural color. I know he was in the car seat but when the dad placed him on the ground his legs stayed in the same sitting position, as if he was laying on the ground with his knees up in the air stiff. It wasn’t natural....."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2668408/EXCLUSIVE-11-000-signed-petition-release-father-charged-murder-charge-toddler-son-died-91F-car-Here-witnesses-reveal-disturbing-behavior-awful-day-make-supporters-think-twice.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:43 pm

Freckles wrote:

Cooper Harris

Warrant in second video at bottom.
Warrant for work place.
May be looking at suspect's computer or work place surveillance to confirm story given by suspect.
I can't copy it.

Top vid:
Lawyers for suspect have asked everyone to not talk to media.
Asking for more info Cause of Death means there is more trauma.
Medical Examiner is looking for additional info before releasing Death Certificate.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/06/23/was-toddlers-death-accident-or-intentional?clusterId=1411#videoplayer
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:44 pm

COOPER HARRIS CASE

Georgia man searched Internet for time it takes animals to die in hot car in days before toddler died in overheated SUV: report

An updated arrest warrant shows Justin Harris took his 22-month-old son, Cooper, to breakfast shortly before the little boy was left to die in a hot SUV. The warrant also indicates that Harris — who claimed he mistakenly left the child in the car after forgetting to drop him off at day care — went inside his SUV at least one other time during the day. He also searched his work computer for information on animals dying in hot cars.

BY SASHA GOLDSTEIN , JOE KEMP / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS / Published: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 11:48 AM

/ Updated: June 25, 2014, 6:46 PM

A Georgia man searched the Internet for information on how long it takes an animal to die in a hot car in the days before his 22-month-old son died from overheating in a hot SUV, according to a report Wednesday.

Justin Harris, 33, took little Cooper to eat at a Chick-fil-A on his way to the Home Depot corporate office building where he worked in Cobb County the morning of June 18, according to an updated arrest warrant obtained by WAGA-TV in Atlanta.

Read more:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/warrant-shows-georgia-man-back-car-toddler-died-backseat-article-1.1843382

-----------------------------------

Warrant: Man Returned to Hot SUV With Son Inside

MARIETTA, Ga. — Jun 25, 2014, 10:44 AM ET
By KATE BRUMBACK Associated Press

~Snipped~

Cobb County Police Chief John Houser said Wednesday that he understands tragic accidents happen, but evidence indicates a "more serious crime" has been committed. He didn't elaborate on what the evidence was.

"The chain of events that occurred in this case do not point toward simple negligence and evidence will be presented to support this allegation," Houser said in a message released by the department.

The Cobb County Medical Examiner's Office said Wednesday that toxicology results are still pending but that it believes the cause of death was hyperthermia and the manner of death was homicide. Hyperthermia is a condition in which the temperature of the body spikes due to the heat.

The new warrant filed late Tuesday also downgrades one charge against Harris from first-degree child cruelty to second-degree child cruelty. First-degree cruelty to children requires that a person "willfully deprives the child necessary sustenance," while second-degree cruelty to children is caused by "criminal negligence" under Georgia law.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/warrant-ga-man-returned-car-son-inside-24297276
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Freckles wrote:This is so sick, AD. Sad

Can we start a thread for little Cooper? afro

I so hoped. I really wanted to believe in the integrity of mankind.
I hope his wife was not implicated on this....
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Freckles wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/warrant-ga-man-returned-car-son-inside-24297276?page=2

From link AD posted above:
" ... Cory Burns, a police officer in Tuscaloosa, said Harris worked for the department as a dispatcher. Burns said his wife, Valissa, worked as a dispatcher alongside Harris and remembers that he and his wife were eager to have children but had some trouble conceiving...."
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:17 am

Did anyone else watch the JVM show tonight? She had someone on the show that said when the sperm donor (can't call him the Dad) stopped his car he was screaming that his baby was choking and he needed help. When he laid him down to do CPR, the baby's legs were still bent like when sitting in the car seat. Rigor had already set in, therefore there was no way he was choking. The witness said the sperm donor seemed to be over acting and no tears came out of his eyes.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:20 am

Warrant details case against father accused of leaving child in hot car

The medical examiner says Cooper Harris died of hyperthermia

Updated: 6:55 p.m. Wednesday, June 25, 2014 | Posted: 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, June 25, 2014

COBB COUNTY, Ga. — Channel 2 Action News learned late Wednesday afternoon that a toddler left in the back of his father’s hot SUV a week ago died from hyperthermia.

The Cobb County Medical Examiner’s Office released the results of the autopsy done on 22-month-old Cooper Harris, in which they ruled the manner of death was homicide.

New court documents obtained by Channel 2’s Ross Cavitt Wednesday, show Justin Ross Harris’ day started at a Chik-fil-A, just a few hundred yards away from his place of work at the Home Deport corporate headquarters the day of his son’s death.

Harris’ son attended the Little Apron Academy day care at the office complex.

Warrants said Harris was seen at the restaurant placing his son in a rear-facing car seat.

The drive to his work place versus the day care probably only took a minute or two.

~Snipped~

Police said they had that evidence within hours.

Security expert Brent Brown believes that it is almost certain police doubted the circumstances from almost the beginning.

“They’re gathering stuff, real time, real fast and they know what they’re doing. So there’s obviously more to this story and I think they knew that within the hour of the incident occurring on Acres Mill,” Brown said.

Read more:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/warrant-father-who-left-child-hot-car-checked-vehi/ngR9s/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:38 am

From a link Freckles posted above:

'I think the dad knew all along that his baby was dead because he’d been left in the car, I think he was looking round for a place where there was people so he could make it look like the baby had choked and it wasn’t his fault'
             - witness Edward Cockerham

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2668408/EXCLUSIVE-11-000-signed-petition-release-father-charged-murder-charge-toddler-son-died-91F-car-Here-witnesses-reveal-disturbing-behavior-awful-day-make-supporters-think-twice.html#ixzz35iVI7bl4
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:48 am

Cooper Mills Harris
Obituary

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tuscaloosa/obituary.aspx?pid=171490524
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:24 am

Child's death in sweltering SUV goes from tragedy to murder investigation

By Ben Brumfield, Eliott C. McLaughlin and Ralph Ellis, CNN
updated 6:41 AM EDT, Thu June 26, 2014

~Snipped~

Cooper, blue-eyed and full of wonder, adored cars and trucks.

The 22-month-old loved saying goodbye to them as he left parking lots. He had just learned the color red.

"As we passed red vehicles he would tell his mommy and his daddy, 'Bye red car, bye red truck,'" an online obituary read.

On the day Cooper died, Harris stopped for breakfast at a fast-food restaurant and afterward strapped his son into a rear-facing child restraint seat on his SUV's backseat, police said.

He drove to his workplace, a Home Depot corporate office, about a half-mile away. He works as a web designer there.

Normally, he takes his son to an on-site day care.

But that day, police said, Harris left him in the car seat.

Read more:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/26/justice/georgia-toddler-death/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Support fades for Cobb Co. father charged in hot car death

Ryan Kruger, 11Alive News | 7:32 p.m. EDT June 26, 2014

COBB COUNTY, Ga. – Support appears to be fading for the Cobb County father charged with murder after leaving his 22-month-old son in a hot car.

Read more:

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/smyrna/2014/06/26/justin-harris-hot-car-death/11429745/

(Very informative video at above link)
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Mother of Cooper Harris denied access to seized laptop's pictures

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 8:43 AM CDT
Updated: Jun 27, 2014 11:13 AM CDT

By Joshua Gauntt

BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - Cobb County, Georgia police have denied a request from Cooper Harris' mother to get pictures off a laptop to be used at his funeral in Tuscaloosa.

The family is trying to obtain pictures from the family's laptop that was seized as a part of the investigation into Cooper's father Justin Ross Harris.

~Snipped~

Harris' attorney, Maddox Kilgore, says Cooper's mom is asking police for pictures of her baby to be used at his funeral on Saturday at the University Church of Christ in Tuscaloosa.

Cobb County Police say they aren't allowing that because the laptop is being used as evidence in the on-going criminal investigation into Ross Harris.

Read more:

http://www.wbtv.com/story/25887294/mother-of-cooper-harris-denied-access-to-seized-laptops-pictures
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:44 pm

I would think the family or friends would be able to assist in providing pictures. Maybe, even her attorney could ask for pictures to be given to him?
How about face book pics?
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:28 am

Do they not have photos in their home, only on the computer? I have photos of my entire family in my home, from my mom and dad down to my youngest great-grandson. Does everyone just keep their pictures in their computer now? I want ppl to see my pictures when they come in my home. I must be strange.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:04 am

Justin Harris' attorney, Maddox Kilgore,  is the one who is creating all the drama about the pictures, he knows that the computer was seized because there is an ongoing criminal investigation into the death of the toddler, only a judge can issue an order and that is not likely going to happen if the computer is part of the criminal investigation.

He is just using it as an excuse to accuse the police of being heartless and cruel ...  

"Kilgore said in a statement:

"I even offered to deliver a thumb drive directly to detectives to copy the photos. Cooper's mom is obviously hurt and confused that such a simple request for a tiny bit of compassion would be flatly rejected by the Cobb County Police Department."
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:10 am

Georgia toddler death: Who is Justin Ross Harris?

By Michael Pearson, CNN
updated 11:02 PM EDT, Fri June 27, 2014

Video/Article:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/26/justice/georgia-toddler-death-father/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Ga. father charged with murder did Internet search on kids dying in cars, warrant says

Published June 28, 2014 · Associated Press

ATLANTA –  A Georgia man charged with murder after his 22-month-old son died in a hot SUV searched online for information about kids dying in cars and told police he feared it could happen, according to documents released Saturday as the boy's family held his funeral in Alabama.

The warrants released by the Cobb County Police Department provide more insight into the investigation of Cooper Harris' death on June 18.

~Snipped~

"During an interview with Justin, He stated that he recently researched, through the internet, child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for that to occur. Justin stated that he was fearful that this could happen," one of the four warrants released to The Associated Press stated.

Harris also told police he was on his way to meet friends after work when he realized his son was in the back seat and pulled into a shopping center to get help, according to the warrants.

Read more:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/28/ga-father-charged-with-murder-did-internet-search-on-kids-dying-in-cars-warrant/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:07 pm

ABC US News | ABC Sports News

Police Warrants Raise New Questions About Boy's Hot Car Death

Toddler's father allegedly researched hot car deaths before he left son in car all day.

01:24  | 06/28/2014

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/police-warrants-raise-questions-boys-hot-car-death-24351111

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Toddler's dad researched hot-car deaths of children online, officer said in warrant

Published on Jun 28, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOQuTzkXO9g
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Warrant: Cobb toddler’s dad researched child deaths inside vehicles

Updated: 4:58 p.m. Saturday, June 28, 2014 | Posted: 9:24 a.m. Saturday, June 28, 2014

By Alexis Stevens and Rodney Thrash
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

`Snipped~

"During an interview with Justin, he stated that he recently researched, through the internet, child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for that to occur," according to a sworn statement in the warrant from a police officer. "Justin stated that he was fearful that this could happen."

The search warrant affidavits released Saturday offered the first new facts released in the death of the toddler, Cooper Mills Harris, since Wednesday. However, the documents shed no details on what prompted police to arrest and charge Ross Harris with felonies so swiftly within hours of the boy’s death.

Cobb police spokesman Mike Bowman said the department would not answer any questions related to the search warrants.

“The search warrants will stand on their own as they are signed by a judge and swore to by the detective,” he told The AJC in an email.

The latest documents revealed what and where investigators searched in the hours after Cooper was pronounced dead June 18 in a shopping center parking lot. The findings and evidence cited to arrest the boy’s father were not released and may not be until a possible trial.

By law, after applying for search warrants, investigators have 10 days to conduct the searches and return the application documents to Magistrate Court. The documents released Saturday were the first search warrant affidavits released in the boy’s death. They were made public hours before Cooper’s funeral at Tuscaloosa’s University Church of Christ. The family is from Tuscaloosa.

Read more:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/warrant-cobb-toddlers-dad-researched-child-deaths-/ngT29/

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:59 am

Warrants: Harris' wife also researched 'car deaths' online

Posted: Jun 29, 2014 7:53 AM CDT
Updated: Jun 29, 2014 8:25 AM CDT

By Vanzetta Evans

ATLANTA (CBS46) - In search warrants released Sunday morning, Cobb County police say Leanna Harris, the wife of Justin Ross Harris, admitted to researching child deaths in hot cars online.

Read more:

http://www.waff.com/story/25897601/warrants-harris-wife-also

----------------------------------

I haven't been able to find any other information on the warrants allegedly released Sunday morning ... See above article.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:06 pm

'I'm sorry, I love you': Father who left toddler to die in sweltering SUV breaks down in phone call from prison aired on speakerphone at the boy's funeral as his wife defends him as a 'wonderful daddy'

. Justin Ross Harris accused of leaving 22-month-old son in SUV for seven hours
. Says goodbye to his son in emotional call into boy's funeral
. Wife Leanna insists it was a terrible accident and she is not angry with him
. Toddler, Cooper Harris, declared dead in shopping center parking lot
. Police records indicate he admitted researching child deaths to officers
. Justin Ross Harris was banned from his son's funeral at the University Church of Christ where dozens of family and friends gathered to mourn the loss
. Family recalled how Cooper loved cars and trucks and would say goodbye to them as they left parking lots

By RYAN PARRY IN TUSCALOOSA
Published: 10:17 EST, 28 June 2014  | Updated: 23:59 EST, 28 June 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2673267/Man-left-toddler-die-seven-hours-sweltering-SUV-researched-child-deaths-vehicles.html#ixzz362pM9ZaI
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:22 pm

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA Article-2673267-1F386F6F00000578-959_634x860

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2673267/Man-left-toddler-die-seven-hours-sweltering-SUV-researched-child-deaths-vehicles.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Excerpt:

Harris is charged with murder and second-degree child cruelty in his son's death, and remained in jail on Saturday as family members held a funeral in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that Harris called the ceremony from the Cobb County Jail in Marietta, Georgia, and emotionally thanked people for their support since his arrest hours after the boy's death.

"(Cooper) never did anything to anyone," Harris said. "I'm just sorry I can't be there."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/29/justin-ross-harris-search-kids-dying-cars_n_5541077.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:38 am

Man whose son died in hot SUV to appear before judge

By Faith Karimi  and Steve Almasy, CNN
June 30, 2014 -- Updated 1141 GMT (1941 HKT)

(VIDEO)

(CNN) -- A judge will determine this week whether there's enough evidence to keep in jail a Georgia man whose son died in a hot SUV.

Justin Ross Harris, who is charged with murder and second-degree child cruelty, will go before a judge Thursday for a probable cause hearing.

Police say Harris left his 22-month-old son, Cooper, strapped into a car seat under a baking sun for seven hours while he went to work.

The boy died, and Harris sits in jail without bail. He has pleaded not guilty.

At a probable cause hearing, the prosecution tries to convince the judge that a crime has been committed and the defendant committed it.

Read more:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/30/justice/georgia-toddler-death/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:59 am

Warrant: Harris’ wife, Leanna, also researched child car deaths

by Haisten Willis  
June 30, 2014 04:00 AM

CUMBERLAND — Warrants released Sunday morning show both of Cooper Harris’ parents researched child car deaths online before he died.

Justin Ross Harris was charged with felony murder and cruelty to children after Cobb police say he left his 22-month-old son in his car for about seven hours June 18, when temperatures reached the 90s.

Previously released warrants showed Harris admitted to researching child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for it to occur. The latest warrants say his wife, who has not been charged, performed similar research.

“Leanna Harris, the child’s mother, was also questioned regarding the incident and made similar statements regarding researching in car deaths and how it occurs,” the warrants read.

Police would not say why Leanna Harris wasn’t charged or if she was ever considered a suspect.

“The wife was questioned by detectives when this incident occurred and as you know this investigation is still active and ongoing,” said Cobb police spokesman Mike Bowman when asked about Leanna Harris’ role in the case.

Read more:

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story/25365899/article-Warrant--Harris--wife--Leanna---also-researched-child-car-deaths
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:38 pm

What a bunch of losers Cooper had for parents.
Here is the mother standing tall behind the killer of her child.
Here is the mother, herself, researching death of a child in an overheated car.
Here is the father professing to love the child he killed.
Here is the father, himself, researching death of a dog in an overheated car.

Father is an IT employee.
He knows or should know the fingerprinting of a computer.
Both parents ahd been employeed at one time by the local PD....

Disgusting pieces of ... SH*&.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:06 pm

Mom: Wouldn't bring child back to 'broken' world

By Amanda Sloane
updated3:01 PM EDT, Mon June 30, 2014

•Several new details have emerged in the case of a Georgia toddler who died in a hot vehicle nearly two weeks ago
•Both parents searched hot car deaths; mom says she wouldn't bring toddler back into this 'broken' world
•Justin Ross Harris has pleaded not guilty to murder and second-degree child cruelty

~Snipped~

Mom makes other, somewhat odd, statements at funeral

While Leanna Harris said she will forever miss her son, she also stated at the funeral that he now wouldn't have to deal with heartbreak, those awkward stages in life or have to deal with middle and high school. She went on to say that she wouldn't bring the toddler back into this "broken world."

What happens next

Harris will go before a judge on Thursday for a probable cause hearing, where the prosecution will try to prove that a crime was committed and that the defendant -- Harris -- committed that crime.

The medical examiner's officer ruled that the boy's cause of death was "consistent with hyperthermia and the investigative information suggests the manner of death is homicide." The office, however, is still waiting for toxicology results before it makes its final ruling.

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/06/30/georgia-hot-car-toddler-death-justin-harris-cooper-leanna?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Freckles wrote:What a bunch of losers Cooper had for parents.
Here is the mother standing tall behind the killer of her child.
Here is the mother, herself, researching death of a child in an overheated car.
Here is the father professing to love the child he killed.
Here is the father, himself, researching death of a dog  in an overheated car.

Father is an IT employee.
He knows or should know the fingerprinting of a computer.
Both parents ahd been employeed at one time by the local PD....

Disgusting pieces of ... SH*&.

I totally agree, Freckles. Poor little boy.  Sad 

The mother said that Justin was a wonderful father to Cooper, and, that if they have other children, he will also be a wonderful father. Unbelievable!

Justin told the police that he discovered Cooper when he was on his way to meet some friends, wasn't he supposed to pick up Cooper at the onsite daycare?

Dropping off and picking up Cooper was a daily routine, it wasn't just something that happened that day.

It is my opinion that he pulled into the shopping center parking lot when he allegedly "discovered that Cooper was in the car" because he needed an audience to put on a show, but the people who were present when he pulled Cooper out of the car didn't buy his story; it simply didn't add up.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:17 pm

Justin Ross Harris goes to court Thursday in death of 22-month-old son left in sweltering SUV

By  Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com  
on July 02, 2014 at 2:29 PM

COBB COUNTY, Georgia – Justin Ross Harris, charged with murder in the hot-car death of his 22-month-old son, will go to court Thursday in Georgia to determine whether his case will proceed, and if he will be granted bail.

The probable cause hearing for the 33-year-old Tuscaloosa native is set to begin at 1:30 p.m. (EDT) in front of Superior Court Judge Frank Cox, said Kim Isaza, spokeswoman for the Cobb County District Attorney's Office.

At the proceeding, which is also known as a preliminary hearing, prosecutors will present evidence to support the charges against Harris. He is charged in the June 18 death of his son, Cooper, and has remained jailed without bond since his arrest hours after Cooper's death.

Read more:

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_goes_to_cou.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Father (not sure of mother) was in court this AM being arraigned,
Bits of news from the radio....

Father spent considerable time sex-texting on his phone
the morning he had left Cooper in the closed car. Lots of sex messages...

Apparently, BOTH the parents had taken out a life insurance policy on Cooper shortly before he died.

I know this is vague but if I find any links, I will share.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:41 pm

HLN July 1
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/01/cooper-harris-parents-questions-details-facebook-you-ask

LIVE HEARING:
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/marietta/2014/07/03/father-faces-probable-cause-bond-hearing-in-hot-car-death/12143057/

" ... MARIETTA, Ga. -- The father charged in the hot car death of his 22-month-old child was sexting with several women on the day of his son's death, a detective testified on Thursday.

It was standing-room only in courtroom "P" for the probable cause hearing for Justin Ross Harris. Harris plead not guilty to child cruelty and murder charges after his son, Cooper, died in the back of his hot car on June 18.

More than a dozen people identifying themselves as family of the defendant filled one side of the courtroom. Overflow observers stood in the back of the room and squeezed into the empty jury box.

Cobb County detective Phil Stoddard was the first person to take the stand...."

TWITTER:
Julie Wolfe 11Alive
Just realized there are 6 deputies in this packed courtroom. Keeping an eye on very quiet crowd

4m
Julie Wolfe 11Alive
Cobb Police know there was a 6 min. Phone call to daycare after Harris found body, but haven't tracked down who was on other end yet.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:47 pm

LIVE FEED:
http://www.11alive.com/videos/news/2014/05/30/5867887/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Witness being questioned.
Witness stated RH, the father, had made plans to attend a movie with friends.
Witness stated RH had friend buy tickets.
Witness stated RH had pulled over on the way to the theater.
Witness stated he believes it IS relevant the sextexting RH did that day.

Witness stated there were three light bulbs out in LH, the mother, van.
Witness stated there were three light bulbs FOUND in front seat of RH's car.

Witness stated friends had dropped him off at his car but never got out, looked in, etc. Back windows pf RH's car are tinted.

Vid shows RH walking up to his car. Not sure if this was during the day or after work. Testimony leads me to believe it was during the day. RH never got into car but only put something in the back driver's side. Apparently, the bag tossed in held the three bulbs.

Rear facing car seat (for a child almost 2??? rather cramped, IMO._).
No medical conditions for RH.
Not under care of MD.

RH is completely deaf in R/ear.

Witness said RH had done research; witness denies RH had made any comment from RH re recent gov warning about heat deaths...

Sexting was on several items. Different times. Different phones/computers, etc. Some are attempts to delete. Just a week and a half in so much evidence has yet to be discovered, processed...

Witness stated wife said RH handles the finances, has financial problems" like other people" according to witness...

Witness stated RH told him they had just had four thousand dollars put on to credit cards. Both employed.

Witness did some forensics on RH's Home Depot/work computer. RH frequents REDIT. RH searched/typed in "how to survive prison".

RH told witness RH had worked dispatch/911 for about 5 years.
RH told witness RH had watched TV show on parents had lost child.
RH stated RH had been informed/watched something called "Turn around"... program telling parents to LOOK in the back seat for their children.

Vid at REDIT or youtube was watched twice by RH.
June 13.
Not sure which vid is being discussed.

LH: the mother
Witness states she was first interviewed at her job.
May have been recorded.
LH was told Cooper was dead.
LH had earlier contacted the day care, Little Apron, re picking up of Cooper.
When informed Cooper was not in day care that day, LH stated RH must have left Cooper in the car.

LH had tried to call RH but it went to voice mail.
This had taken place before LH had knowledge of Cooper's death.

Car seat:
They had bought a front facing car seat and Cooper had been placed in it.
That seat, according to LH, was in her car;
the rear facing was still in RH's car.
LH had used the front facing seat in her car when she had taken Cooper to visit his grandparents two weeks prior to his death.
(My comment: LH was doing the "goodbye" to the grandparents.)

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:24 pm

REDIRECT:

Normally, routine for RH to take child to daycare; last nine times the pick up was split.

Witness is excused.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:35 pm

Witness:
Leonard Madden, works in Ashway=Donely are?

He had lunch about 2 PM.
Leaving restaurant, Cinco's, saw co=worker was crying.
She was pointing so witness approached where she was pointing.
He thot it was a doll; he discovered the body of a toddler laying lifeless.
He saw the father, RH, had just given CPR; others had assisted.
Said RH was distraught. RH kept saying, "Oh my God. My son is dead."
RH kept repeating this. RH was crying.

Said RH's demeanor was total disarray.
Saw RH walking around, screaming, looking skyward.
Heard the desperate cry of a a father who had just lost his son.
Judge tells witness to ONLY tell what HE saw and not characterize.
Saw people on phones.
Did not hear anyone say to call 911.
RH was on his cell.
PD arrived 20/30 minutes.

Is not acquainted with RH.

PD first went to the child, then to RH.
RH went to the child.
Officer told RH to stay back; RH got argumentative.
RH was then handcuffed as he argued more with PD.
RH put in back of PD car.

Witness gave his statements to several officers.
Witness did not tell in depth; saw the child lifeless, CPR attempts, and the father behaving "naturally" and genuine, passionate.
Witness started crying at the scene.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Leonard Madden:
Cross exam

Witness contacted by defense late last week.
Witness spoke with friend, then media approached and he spoke with media.

Witness stated his friend, who had been crying.....Martica? sp that

Individual who took Cooper from the car, did the witness acknowledge that individual may have different knowledge? Yes.

It was 4:25 when car pulled in.
Saw father and two others attempt CPR.
Knew Cooper's name from being on line, in media...
Did not know who/when 911 call was placed.

He is excused.

Last edited by Freckles on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:52 pm

James Alex Hall
Home Depot, went to college together; run a small development business together--- Ninth Hour, in business for 3 months or so.

Direct from defense

Wit had spoken with RH @ 9:30 with several others they are in business with. Four others. Making plans to see a movie that day.
Talking of lunch, etc. Chat log was produced by partner, Winston.
They spoke of places to go to lunch. Wit picked RH up for the lunch.
Went to Pubix.

Wit said RH appeared normal; they spoke of movies, light stuff, "shoot the shit"...

Nothing unusual stood out.
They stopped to get light bulbs at Home Depot.
RH asked to be dropped off at his car.
Planned to meet for the movies.
Said Winston was going to be there first; wit was going to buy RH's ticket.
RH did not show. Tried to call RH but it went to voice mail.
Wit texted him several times during movie.

Wit had met Cooper several times at RH's home; had dinner there, etc. Business related.
Wit felt RH loved his son, close relationship;atty is leading so badly right now....

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:56 pm

JAMES HALL[b]
Cross

Wit was not aware of RH sexting; surprised
Wit did not know everything about RH...

[b]At 3:45 PM RH sent message RH was going to be late to movie....

Did not see RH open car door.
Said RH bought a box of bulbs.
Wit agreed they were fragile and bulbs can't be tossed around.

Break!

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Lot of links, lot of topics on the links:
https://www.facebook.com/topic/Cobb-County-Georgia/104024006303516?source=whfrt&position=1&trqid=-1

Judge: No bond for Ga. dad held in son's hot car death
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/03/hot-suv-child-death/12126171/

"...Harris appeared in court today, where a detective testified that he had been sexting with six different women, including a 17-year-old to whom he sent a photo of his erect penis, as his Cooper, 22-month-old son, died. That bit of ostensibly unrelated information was allowed by the judge because the hearing was meant to establish probable cause, CNN reports. ...."

" ...Last week, we learned that Harris and his wife had reportedly researched children and animals dying in cars before the incident, and in court it was revealed that the father had also looked into how to survive in prison and visited a subreddit called "childfree," which has since been made private. ..."

" ... two insurance policies totaling $27,000 on Cooper's life. ...."

http://gawker.com/hot-car-dad-sexted-six-women-while-his-son-slowly-peris-1599903393?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Chat below Nancy Grace:
" ... Dee Vince Mummy I knew he was guilty after they said he had dropped off another child prior to having breakfast with the 22 month old. Loser SCUM!
7 minutes ago..."

"....Jaime Cicco David Fusilier u hit it on the nail... I was in tears when I heard about the bruises on the back of his head and the scratching. . That baby was wide awake when he was left.... he pounded his head on his on seat.... I can't fathom the torture that baby went through for no reason except two selfish parents that didn't want him.. what a disgrace.
8 mins · Like · 4 ..."

" ...Sherry A Hawkins He remembered he was in there at Chic Fil A....mom rambling on how shes glad he died so he'll never experience regular childhood pains in life, both inquiring on heat realted deaths, dad sexting teen girls..Im sorry...where am I supposed to show compassion? How about compassion for a totally innocent baby who thought he was going to daycare that day and play with his toddler friends!..."
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152591978763287&set=a.159500548286.116726.56641053286&type=1

"... Stoddard said Harris told his wife that Cooper "looked at peace" with his eyes and mouth closed. Leanna said, "I dreaded how he would look," the detective testified. Stoddard stated that according to the pictures he saw of Cooper after his death, the boy's eyes and mouth were not closed.

The detective said that when he told Harris he'd be charged with murder, Harris responded, "But there's no malicious intent."..."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/03/hot-suv-child-death/12126171/?csp=fbfanpage

" ... Update: Justin Ross Harris reportedly searched "how to survive in prison" and watched videos on Reddit of people dying shortly before his son died in the backseat of his car..."
https://www.facebook.com/topic/Cobb-County-Georgia/104024006303516?source=whfrt&position=1&trqid=-1

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:12 pm

Police: Dad intentionally left child in hot car

Updated: 2:17 p.m. Friday, July 4, 2014 | Posted: 2:17 p.m. Friday, July 4, 2014

By KATE BRUMBACK
The Associated Press

MARIETTA, Ga. — Justin Ross Harris was a devoted and loving father who talked about his toddler son often, his friends and family say. But prosecutors have portrayed him as a man unhappy in his marriage who exchanged nude photos with several women as his son died in a hot SUV.

Harris, 33, faces murder and child cruelty charges in the June 18 death of his 22-month-old son Cooper, who police say was left in a vehicle for about seven hours on a day when temperatures in the Atlanta area reached at least into the high 80s. The medical examiner's office has said the boy died of hyperthermia — essentially overheating — and has called his death a homicide.

During a three-hour hearing Thursday, prosecutor Chuck Boring questioned a police detective at length, outlining evidence he said proves Harris intentionally left his young boy in the hot SUV. But defense attorney Maddox Kilgore argued the evidence was insufficient and that the boy's death was a tragic accident.

Read more:

http://www.wsbtv.com/ap/ap/us/police-dad-intentionally-left-child-in-hot-car/ngYzN/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next