Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA

+12
Moosiesmama
Nene_Please
Jersey
Jamie33
angiefly2
ishi
Nan11
Cali
Alessandra_Deux
CuriousPortlander
lostyou
sitemama
16 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 Empty Re: 22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA

Post by Weeziethm Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:18 am

Hi folks....Happy New Year to all 22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 839314

Just saw that this trial has been delayed until April 11.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/HotCarDeath?src=hash
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 Empty Re: 22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA

Post by Nan11 Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks for the update, Weeziethm!

It looks like they have more motions to be heard in February.

Oh, well.  April will come soon.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/01/trial_for_justin_ross_harris_i.html
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Ross Harris waives appearance at status hearing

COBB COUNTY, Ga. - Attorneys for Ross Harris were back in court Friday morning, just days after a judge shot down their request for evidence to be excluded from his trial.

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!Ross-Harris-waives-appearance-at-status-hearing/c1oiw/56b4d2f00cf2062bd418f0ed
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:05 pm

....well, whadaya know!

Wife of man accused of leaving child in hot car to die files for divorce

The wife says their marriage is “irretrievably broken,” according to a court filing viewed by FOX5.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/11/wife-man-accused-leaving-child-in-hot-car-to-die-files-for-divorce.html?intcmp=hplnws
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:16 pm

Weeziethm wrote:....well, whadaya know!

The wife says their marriage is “irretrievably broken,” according to a court filing viewed by FOX5.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/11/wife-man-accused-leaving-child-in-hot-car-to-die-files-for-divorce.html?intcmp=hplnws

From comments:

"....kayc5 26 minutes ago
The entire story is odd - he went to a drive-in before work to get food with is child in his car seat, then he forgets to take him out of the car. Then he goes to the car mid-day and still doesn't notice the child or smell a soiled and baking diaper. Then after work he never goes to the on-site day car to get his kid. Then he drives away and notices his son dead in the car.

Either he's incredibly absent minded or _______(fill in the blank). I can't imagine forgetting your child for an entire day plus forgetting him at the on-site day care too. Where did he think his child was all day? ..."
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:19 pm

Weeziethm wrote:....well, whadaya know!

Interesting.  I just came across this:

Snipped quote:  The wife of the defendant in the Georgia hot car death case could be forced to testify against her husband, whom she recently filed for divorce from, even if they are still married when the trial commences.
http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-grace/articles/2016/02/12/justin-ross-harris-wife-could-be-forced-to-testify
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Freckles wrote:From comments:

"....kayc5 26 minutes ago
The entire story is odd - he went to a drive-in before work to get food with is child in his car seat, then he forgets to take him out of the car. Then he goes to the car mid-day and still doesn't notice the child or smell a soiled and baking diaper. Then after work he never goes to the on-site day car to get his kid. Then he drives away and notices his son dead in the car.

Either he's incredibly absent minded or _______(fill in the blank). I can't imagine forgetting your child for an entire day plus forgetting him at the on-site day care too. Where did he think his child was all day? ..."
Have you been following closely enough to know about the sexting text messages he exchanged all that day while his little boy was in the car--sexting text messages with underage girls?  I don't know how they are going to defend him as he appears indefensible to me--but I'm sure some atty will come up with something.  As they should, I guess.

Dr. Drew believes he has a "sex" addiction.  22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 No-comment-smiley

Here is a link to a Dr. Drew video and a very short article.  Apparently he has lost another friend who supported him in the beginning.
http://www.hlntv.com/shows/dr-drew/articles/2016/02/12/justin-ross-harris-former-friend-isn-t-defending-him-anymore
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:45 pm

^^^

I have heard the "newest" (and lamest) excuse and would not be surprised if he used it:
He had a "medical need" in which he could not control....
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:28 pm

An innocent little toddler was left to die in a hot car  22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 426766 while his hot pop  22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 242147  was texting  geek  with hot underage chicks.  Is this hot pop guilty?  Me thinkx so. Sad

It pains me to wonder how could this sperm donor remain callous and indifferent while his poor little son suffered in a car parked well back in a parking lot to prevent being noticed by a passerby. I hope he gets what is coming to him.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:57 pm

My apologies if this link has been posted before!  (I originally embedded the video in my comment, but it starts to play immediately and keeps playing and playing.  So, I took it out.  Sorry about that--I cannot find the button to turn off auto play.)

At least for now, the prosecutors cannot mention Cooper's life insurance policy.  According to the video, though; if something causes its existence to become relevant during trial, the state may still be able to bring it in.

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 2yybg9g

. . . Defense attorney Maddox Kilgore moved to have all evidence of client’s extramarital dalliances ruled inadmissible, arguing it’s irrelevant to the charges Harris faces.

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 2yybg9g

Cobb Superior Court Judge Mary Staley said she’ll rule on the defense motions within the next two weeks. She did, however, give Harris’ team a small victory Monday morning. Jurors will not hear about two insurance policies, totaling $27,000, that Harris had taken out on his late son, Cooper. . . .
VIDEO at link:  http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/justin-ross-harris-defense-moves-to-exclude-irrele/nqT8g/
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:36 am

The prosecution is stating that:  "... "Had the State delayed charging any further, prosecution of some of the charges would have barred by the statute of limitations.” "

The defense contends:  "...We are concerned that the timing of this indictment is a calculated maneuver to inflame public opinion against Ross on the eve of jury selection. ...

I'm going with the prosecution.  I'm glad to see these additional charges. (See link below.)  I do hope that it doesn't inflame things beyond what they already are, though.

Snipped quote:  The man accused of killing his child in a hot car has been indicted on child exploitation charges, according to prosecutors.

The Cobb County District Attorney announced the additional charges for Ross Harris on Friday afternoon. Those include two counts of Sexual Exploitation of Children and six counts of Dissemination of Harmful Material to Minors.

The allegations, which involve three underage girls, claim Harris sent nude photos, received nude photos, and sent explicit messages to the girls from January to May 2014.
 End

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/100627273-story
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:38 am

Lost the link.
I had read Harris had contacted either 6 or 8 females that day.
One he sent pics to of his privates; another, he played his guitar to...a third he had commented that he needed time apart from his son and his son needed same.

I was surprised his former wife stayed with him as long as she did!
He is such a creep. Immature. Stuck in his teens and in awe of his bodily functions.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm hoping they are going to stream this trial, so I was checking on the dates.  It looks like they are planning on at least two weeks for jury selection.

Snipped quote:  Jury selection in Harris' murder trial is set to begin on April 11. The trial is anticipated to start in late April.  End snip
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/marietta/2016/03/04/ross-harris-hot-car-death-child-exploitation/81331664/
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:17 pm

That was odd.
Without signing in, I decided to check for any new postings here.
Got this message stating it was from Sponsored something or other...
Signed on and the message was gone!

Edit:
Sponsored content
"...Re: 22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA
Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:17 pm..."

http://www.realitychatter.com/t4567p100-22-month-old-cooper-harris-death-investigation-justin-ross-harris-charged-with-felony-murder-in-son-s-heat-related-death-cobb-county-ga#0
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Freckles wrote:That was odd.

Edit:
Sponsored content
"...Re: 22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA

http://www.realitychatter.com/t4567p100-22-month-old-cooper-harris-death-investigation-justin-ross-harris-charged-with-felony-murder-in-son-s-heat-related-death-cobb-county-ga#0
I see what you mean here, Freckles.  The same thing is happening for me.  When I'm signed in, I do not see it.  When I am not signed in, I see the following as shown in the screen shot below:

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 Sponso10

Quite unusual.  Maybe something an admin should look at?
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:18 pm

Nan11 wrote:
Freckles wrote:That was odd.

Edit:
Sponsored content

I see what you mean here, Freckles.  The same thing is happening for me.  When I'm signed in, I do not see it.  When I am not signed in, I see the following as shown in the screen shot below:

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 Sponso10

Quite unusual.  Maybe something an admin should look at?

I looked into this. Apparently, forumotion.com, the site that hosts Reality Chatter, just added this as a "feature". It appears to be configured such that those not logged in will see it. I will contact other Admins to ask if I may disable it for everyone.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:04 pm

Big win for the state!  Yay!

Snipped:  The judge ruled:

1) Evidence of Harris' marital and family relationship and disharmony within those relationships is admissible.

2) Evidence of Harris' alleged infidelity is admissible

3) Evidence that Harris researched weather and the effects of heat on objects left in vehicles and out in the sun is admissible

4) Evidence of Harris' state of mind regarding his child, and children in general, and "living a lifestyle free of the responsibilities of children" is admissible.

5) Evidence of Harris' state of mind and interest in topics concerning death in the months, weeks, and days leading to Cooper's death is admissible.

6) Evidence of Harris' state of mind regarding his family's financial status and employment situation is admissible.

7) Evidence of Harris' knowledge, research and interest in law enforcement, criminal law and the prison system is admissible.

8) Information concerning a life insurance policy can not be presented until the state during the trial that they have a connection between the life insurance evidence and charges in the indictment.

Jury selection is set to begin April 11.
 End Snip
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/marietta/2016/03/15/list-evidence-admissible-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/81806928/
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:58 pm

Excellent news!  Thanks, Nan!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:47 pm

Cool
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:24 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:Excellent news!  Thanks, Nan!

Agreed! Excellent news Laughing
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:34 pm

A timeline of the Justin Ross Harris case

By Christian Boone and Pete Corson
Posted: 2:44 p.m. Monday, March 28, 2016

June 18, 2014: Justin Ross Harris leaves his 22-month son Cooper in the back seat of his SUV as he goes to his job at the Home Depot corporate office on Cumberland Boulevard. Police say that Cooper, who was locked inside the car at about 9:30, probably died before noon. About 4:15 p.m., by his account, Harris drives two miles before noticing his son in the back seat. He pulls off in a shopping center parking lot and removes Cooper’s body. Witnesses at the scene call paramedics and police. At 10 p.m., Harris is arrested and charged with murder. See a closer look at the day’s timeline here.

June 28, 2014: Cooper’s funeral is held in Tuscaloosa, Ala. By phone from jail, Harris thanks supporters for standing behind him. His wife, Leanna Harris, also speaks at the service. “[Cooper’s] in the most peaceful, wonderful place there is,” Leanna tells mourners.

Read more:  http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/timeline-justin-ross-harris-case/nqtLR/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:36 am

Clipped:

"....June 13: Prosecutors say Justin Ross Harris, called Ross, searched websites that contained details on how children die in locked cars.

June 18, 7:30 a.m.: Ross Harris and his son Cooper awake at their Marietta home. Detectives said Ross and Cooper Harris watched cartoons, got dressed then left the house for breakfast at Chick-fil-A.

9:19 a.m. Ross and Cooper Harris leave the Chick-fil-A at Paces Ferry Road and Cumberland Drive, which is on the way to Harris’ job at Home Depot nearby. Surveillance cameras show Cooper to be “wide awake and happy.”

9:25 a.m.: Harris parks the SUV and goes in to work, leaving Cooper in the backseat.

Lunchtime: The exact time has not been specified. But, while taking a break from work, Harris rides to a nearby Home Depot store with some friends and purchases light bulbs. When they return, he goes to his SUV, opens the driver’s side door and places the bulbs in the car. It’s not known if he had any contact with his son. Police say Cooper probably died before noon. Bingo!

3 p.m. Prosecutors say Harris “sexted” with an underage girl.

3:16 p.m.: Police say Harris texts his wife, “When are you going to get my buddy?”

Because HE did not want to be the one to find the child's body. He was trying to be the one to act surprised".

3:45 p.m.: Harris tells a friend he’s leaving work early to try to make a movie.

4:16 p.m.: Harris leaves his office, located at 2600 Cumberland Blvd., near Smyrna and Cumberland Mall.

4:23 p.m.: After driving about a mile, Harris turns onto Akers Mill Road and makes a right turn into the parking lot of a shopping center. He stops the SUV, leaving the driver’s side door open as he gets his son out of the car.

4:25 p.m.: Witnesses at the shopping center watch as a frantic Harris tries to revive the boy, whose color is off. He doesn’t appear to be breathing. Harris is frantic and is screaming “What have I done? What have I done?” as bystanders start CPR on the boy, who is on the ground of the parking lot. Cooper’s lifeless body is still in a sitting position, witnesses said. Police, already patrolling the area, and firefighters arrive at the scene within seconds of a 911 call.

4:58 p.m.: Cobb County police spokesman Officer Mike Bowman confirms the toddler has been pronounced dead. A crowd has gathered on the sidewalks of the shopping center. Harris, police later confirm, is now in handcuffs and in the back of a patrol car because he cursed at an officer. The SUV and child’s body are soon part of a crime scene investigation, and Harris taken away for questioning.

5:45 p.m.: Just steps away from the little boy’s body, Sgt. Dana Pierce tells reporters Harris told police he went to work, worked seven hours, then left work and realized he had forgotten to take the child to daycare.

10 p.m.: Harris is arrested and charged with murder. He is booked into the Cobb County jail. ..."

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/crime-law/timeline-of-toddlers-death/ngYsF/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:27 pm

Justin Ross Harris’ former wife may testify at murder trial

11:46 a.m. Thursday, March 31, 2016 | Filed in: Local News

The former wife of Justin Ross Harris may testify at his murder trial, which is scheduled to begin in April, the chief prosecutor said Wednesday.

...Leanna Harris’ divorce from her former husband was finalized this week. She will use her maiden name of Leanna Taylor going forward, which may require Cobb prosecutors to change their legal paperwork.

Read more: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/justin-ross-harris-former-wife-may-testify-at-murd/nqwqy/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:42 pm

Moving from Awaiting Trial to Current Trials.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:01 am

Jury selection begins Monday in hot car death trial of Justin Ross Harris

By Kate Brumback
The Associated Press
Published: Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 11:00 p.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 11:06 p.m.

ATLANTA — Jury selection is set to begin Monday in the trial of a Tuscaloosa native accused of intentionally leaving his toddler son in a hot SUV to die in Georgia.

...Here are some things to know as his trial gets under way:

WHAT PROSECUTORS SAY HAPPENED

Read more:  http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20160409/NEWS/160409697
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:55 am

TY, CP. Cool
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Will this trial be televised? Do any of you know? If so, are any of you planning to watch?
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:26 pm

Mylife101 wrote:Will this trial be televised? Do any of you know? If so, are any of you planning to watch?

Hi, Mylife!

I believe that http://www.courtchatter.com/ has streamed his hearings, so I'm guessing they will also live-stream the trial, but I don't know for sure.  I also don't know if they will live-stream jury selection (some of the trials I've watch start live-streaming after jury selection is over).  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

If streamed, I do plan to watch the trial, but not the jury selection.

I do want to watch the Bob Bashara hearing Tuesday morning (4/12), as Joe Gentz is also supposed to testify, so I'll join the Harris trial when that's over.

(You're welcome, Freckles!)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:06 am

Cathy ‎@courtchatter

#RossHarris #hotcardeath - Jury selection begins Monday morning. Expected to take 2 weeks.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:13 am

The video on this site said that once opening statements begin, they will be live streaming.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/ross-harris-trial/jury-selection-begins-monday-for-ross-harris-murder-trial/127860420?b=n
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:03 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:The video on this site said that once opening statements begin, they will be live streaming.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/ross-harris-trial/jury-selection-begins-monday-for-ross-harris-murder-trial/127860420?b=n

Hi everybody...I also plan to be here for Cooper (after jury selection).

afro
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:53 am

Here is the twitter feed once the live streaming begins.... also, jury selection was delayed today.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/justinrossharris?src=hash

#justinrossharris
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:56 pm

I've been refreshing my memory of the facts of this case in preparation for trial. Have ya'll listened to these podcasts?

http://breakdown.myajc.com/
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:16 pm

Jen's Trial Diaries
‏@TrialDiariesJ 11h11 hours ago

Reminder: Jury selection won't b streamed but when trial begins I will have all the links & be following this trial daily #justinrossharris

Susan Constantine ‏@bodylanguage01 3h3 hours ago

Tune in tonight! Join me as I appear on @DrDrewHLN 's panel to discuss the #JustinRossHarris case. He is the... http://fb.me/2qnQZIs3B

Pencil of the Court ‏@CourtPencil 5h5 hours ago

Pencil of the Court Retweeted NY Justice Seeker

How many hashtags is this trial going to be under?
SO far there is #HotCarDeath #JustinRossHarris..now #RossHarris?

Source:  https://twitter.com/hashtag/justinrossharris
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:19 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:The video on this site said that once opening statements begin, they will be live streaming.

Thanks, CP. Good information.

I'm also waiting for the Chase Merritt trial. I'm hoping it will be televised so it can be discussed on RC by those who are interested.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:01 am

Mylife101 wrote:

Thanks, CP. Good information.

I'm also waiting for the Chase Merritt trial. I'm hoping it will be televised so it can be discussed on RC by those who are interested.

You're welcome, Mylife.

I can't wait for the Chase Merritt Trial. I've exchanged emails with a reporter who has been following the case. He told me to contact him again as we get closer to trial to get info on whether or not it will be live-streamed. If it's not delayed yet again...

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:28 am

2 potential jurors excused as jury selection begins in Harris trial

By Christian Boone - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution 2
Posted: 5:44 p.m. Monday, April 11, 2016

The tedious process of finding 12 citizens to serve on the jury that will determine whether Justin Ross Harris intentionally locked his son inside a hot car to die was narrowed ever so slightly Monday.

Two men — one celebrating his 40th wedding anniversary in Paris and another away “on the high seas” — were dismissed from a pool of more than 300 jurors summoned to appear. Eight other potential jurors with scheduling conflicts were accommodated by Cobb Superior Court Judge Mary Staley but not released from duty.

Read more:  http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/2-potential-jurors-excused-as-jury-selection-begin/nq332/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:30 am

Justin Ross Harris, accused of leaving 22-month-old son in boiling hot SUV so he could sext with SIX women, appears in court as jury selection for his murder trial begins

. Justin Ross Harris, 34, is charged with locking his son Cooper inside his hot car in June 2014
. The 22-month-old died of hyperthermia after seven hours
. Harris claimed he forgot the boy was in the SUV and that is was an accident
. But during an interview with investigators, he admitted he researched 'child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be'
. Prosecutors said Harris was messaging six women the day Cooper died
. He reportedly told one woman on the app Whisper: 'I love my son and all but we both need escapes'
. Harris was also indicted on EIGHT charges for sexually exploiting underage girls
. Charges include Harris had close to 40,000 online exchanges with other women, including images of his erect penis

By Robin Rayne Nelson In Marietta, Georgia For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:54 EST, 11 April 2016  | Updated: 17:37 EST, 11 April 2016

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 33123A6B00000578-0-image-m-27_1460397177678
Justin Ross Harris sat somber-faced next to his attorney in a small, tightly-packed courtroom near Marietta, Georgia's town square Monday afternoon, dressed in a blue shirt and red tie instead of the orange prison clothing he's worn for nearly two years.

Justin Ross Harris sat somber-faced next to his attorney in a small, tightly-packed courtroom near Marietta, Georgia's  town square Monday afternoon, dressed in a blue shirt and red tie instead of the orange prison clothing he's worn for nearly two years.

Harris fidgeted as attorneys for both the prosecution and his defense began the process of selecting 12 jurors and several alternates from a pool of 550 Cobb County residents to hear a first-degree murder case that has captivated the nation.

Those selected jurors will decide if 22-month-old son Cooper Harris died of heatstroke in a closed-up and unbearably hot car because his dad forgot to take him to daycare – or if it was a deliberate and cruel murder by design, carefully researched and planned.

In motions filed today, prosecutors have requested that jurors be taken to the Chick-fil-A where Justin Ross Harris had breakfast with his son Cooper on the day of his death, as well as the daycare center where he should have taken his son, the office where Harris worked, and the shopping center where Harris ultimately stopped and tried to revive his son.

The case will be tried before Cobb County Superior Court Judge Mary Staley, a former prosecutor.

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3534553/Somber-faced-baby-killer-Justin-Ross-Harris-accused-leaving-22-month-old-son-boiling-hot-SUV-sext-SIX-women-appears-court-jury-selection-murder-trial-begins.html#ixzz45iVoCsqb
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Experts say finding fair, impartial jury for Ross Harris trial will be tough

Updated: Apr 13, 2016 - 7:12 PM

COBB COUNTY — Jury selection is moving at a glacial pace in the murder trial for Justin Ross Harris, who’s accused of killing his 2-year-old son, Cooper, by leaving him inside a hot car for seven hours in June 2014.

Lawyers began questioning individual jurors Wednesday, but by the afternoon they had only spoken with eight of the 250 potential jurors. They had planned to question 20 on Wednesday

Jurors on Tuesday were given a 17-page document that contained dozens of personal questions. Some of the more shocking ones related to sex, pornography and the dating history of the potential juror.

The questions stem from allegations that Harris was sexting underage girls and having extramarital affairs. Authorities also say Harris had researched hot car deaths and a child-free lifestyle.

Leanna Harris, who was married to Ross at the time of Cooper’s death, divorced him just days before the trial.

Read more:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harris-trial/more-jury-questioning-for-day-3-of-ross-harris-hot-car-death-case/214683802
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:13 pm

Ross Cavitt | WSB-TV ‏@RossCavittWSB  · 2h  
Ross Harris Trial: Jury Questioning Day 1 shows it will be a slow process; hard to find those w/o opinions. #wsbtv

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 Cf9W6B0UMAAzM74

Ross Cavitt | WSB-TV ‏@RossCavittWSB  · 7h
Harris Trial: Judge dismisses first three jurors interviewed by lawyers.  0-for-3 so far. #wsbtv

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 Cf8M3ClWQAIC_2g

Ross Cavitt | WSB-TV ‏@RossCavittWSB  · 9h
Harris Trial: Lawyers break for lunch after interviewing 3 jurors. At this rate selection will take 28 days. #wsbtv

More ...

https://twitter.com/RossCavittWSB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:56 am

I'm wondering what impact, of having the trial in summer, will have on the jurors? Just think, after a long day of testimony , the jurors will have to get into their hot cars and drive home. Seems that it would be beneficial to the prosecution.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 5h5 hours ago Marietta, GA

In #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath trial judge DENIES 4 of 5 motions to strike for cause - 8 now qualified

https://twitter.com/hashtag/justinrossharris
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:07 am

ishi wrote:I've been refreshing my memory of the facts of this case in preparation for trial. Have ya'll listened to these podcasts?

http://breakdown.myajc.com/

Hi, Ishi! So good to "see" you again!

Thanks for the link to these podcasts. The analyses presented of the evidence and the charges are quite eye-opening. I'm looking at this case in a whole new light now. I highly recommend listening to all three podcasts.

Thanks for sharing!

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:09 am

angiefly2 wrote:I'm wondering what impact, of having the trial in summer, will have on the jurors? Just think, after a long day of testimony , the jurors will have to get into their hot cars and drive home. Seems that it would be beneficial to the prosecution.

Hi, Angie! You make a very interesting point! I'll bet it does have an effect on the jurors.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:34 am

Ross Cavitt | WSB-TV ‏@RossCavittWSB  · 14h  
Harris Trial Update: Only 4 of first 12 jurors cut; increasing chance of finding a #HotCarDeath jury in Cobb. #wsbtv

Ross Cavitt | WSB-TV ‏@RossCavittWSB  · 18h  
Harris #HotCarDeath Trial: One potential juror; Harris "one screwed up person," other biased against him. #wsbtv

22-Month-Old Cooper Harris' Death Investigation -- Justin Ross Harris Charged With Felony Murder in Son's Heat Related Death -- Cobb County, GA - Page 3 CgBkag1WQAASsYW

Ross Cavitt | WSB-TV ‏@RossCavittWSB  · 22h
Day 2 juror questioning in Harris #hotcardeath case. 1st a court clerk who hasn't heard much of case; 2nd a student.

More ...

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:28 pm

Fist bumping Harris.

"....Cathy ‏@courtchatter 31m31 minutes ago
Cathy Retweeted Aungelique Proctor
Here's the video of the handshake and fist bump.Cathy added,

0:10
Aungelique Proctor @aungeliquefox5
Ross Harris feeling confident fist bumps his attorney. @HarrisTrialFOX5 #fox5atl ...."

https://twitter.com/courtchatter
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:46 pm

angiefly2 wrote:I'm wondering what impact, of having the trial in summer, will have on the jurors? Just think, after a long day of testimony , the jurors will have to get into their hot cars and drive home. Seems that it would be beneficial to the prosecution.

Excellent point!
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:07 pm

^^^^^^
We have encountered the "summer" juries before. Trying to recall which cases.
Wasn't the Casey Anthony a summer case? IIRC, court persons and jury had to submit their summer vacation plans prior to the trial starting. Might be wrong on that.

The re-trial of the penalty phase for Jodi Arias had many delays relating to the defense attys stating they had preplanned summer vacations. IIRC, when the attys stated they would not be able to start the retrial phase at the beginning of summer (and asked for a delay) the judge told them no. Later, they presented argument of case overloads PLUS the summer breaks, etc...

Admittedly, most defense teams like to see cases end near Christmas or Easter or Mother's Day... hoping the juries have compassion often brought on due to the holidays.

If I am in error, please correct me.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:12 am

Ross Cavitt | WSB-TV ‏@RossCavittWSB  · 11h
#HotCarDeath Update: Ross Harris seems to have bonded with legal team, handing out fist-bump to attorney. #wsbtv

Ross Cavitt | WSB-TV ‏@RossCavittWSB  · 12h  
#HotCarDeath update: Juror excused because English is second language.  4 finished in morning session. #wsbtv

Ross Cavitt | WSB-TV ‏@RossCavittWSB  · 14h  
Harris #hotcardeath Trial: Day 3 jury questions; one new father says he "tuned out" of case b/c of anxiety. #wsbtv

More ...

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:00 pm

Karas On Crime ‏@KarasOnCrime 6h6 hours ago

Karas On Crime Retweeted Philip A. Holloway

Hopefully a jury will be seated in the next few days. #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath

Karas On Crime
added,
Philip A. Holloway @PhilHollowayEsq
Correction: 16 jurors now qualified in the #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath trial - it's hard to keep track! ⚖

https://twitter.com/hashtag/justinrossharris
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next