Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30

+15
Julie
Alessandra_Deux
sitemama
Randie
18thcenturylady
CuriousPortlander
Weeziethm
Mylife101
justanopinion
glazier
tesstruhart
LottieM
Nene_Please
colsnipe
hello clarice
19 posters

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 8 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30

Post by Freckles Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:45 pm

MyLife:

"....Oh, and..."toys in the attic"? Really??? Jodi, did you borrow that little gem from Lillian Hellman's book/play "Toys in the Attic" or, perhaps from Aerosmith's album/song "Toys in the Attic"? Or, maybe you were too busy dating actor/comedian Steve Carell to think this all up on your own. ...."

Wow! You have an eye for the details! IMO, you nailed it!
Being a narcissist, she easily copies from others (or steals) that which she wants for the time and the event. Bet she KNOWINGLY stole that phrase hoping it would sell!
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 8 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30

Post by Freckles Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:05 pm

AD:

".... Shortly before Jodi left Mesa, Travis' journal came up missing. He eventually believed Jodi took it. Jodi knew things about his personal life and time with Lisa Andrews that she should not have. Jodi lied and stated it was a Michelle K who told her, but Travis saw right through her lie. The day after he called Jodi out for lying, he wrote in his journal a passage which indicated he was suspicious Jodi stole his old one.

"I wouldn't be surprised if my journal were stolen and most my time with Lisa was in there."

During the G-Chat fight, Travis finally confronted Jodi about his belief she took his journal. The fact she knew things about his time with Lisa validated his suspicions. Of course Jodi denied it; she was a liar. Jodi had his journal and instructed her minion to use pages from it to create the letters to help her escape responsibility and justice for her crime.

Jodi used his journal just like I used the copy of the family letter to create the following Jodi "confession" note....."

http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.com/

I wold like to believe the missing journals DID get back to the Alexanders. Do you know if they did?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:36 pm

^^^ I don't know for sure but I seriously doubt that the missing journal/s were returned. I do believe TA's journal was used to create these forgeries. If we assume that much is true then there is no way that JA, MM, or any of her deceitful crew would admit to ever having had them. If they returned them then they might risk offering evidence that they had the necessary materials to create the forgeries. It could spell legal trouble if it could be shown that they created and attempted to inject false evidence into a murder trial. I think the journals have most likely been destroyed. I sure wouldn't want to keep them around anymore if I were MM. All just me rambling and speculating...
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:56 pm

Saw part of this Dateline on TV last night.
Wendy, one of the defendants, reminded me of JA.
She did the social climb, pretended the religion, blamed another, had a cut brake line (she says), and planned the murder of her "rival"... oh, and had met her soul mate--- a wealthy and prominent banker!

This is long but it picks up the pace around Part 6:

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/dateline-full-episodes/full-episode-charleston-affair-n208011

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:07 am

Another change in calendar?
Can't copy.

4/13 Sentencing 8:30
4/24 Status Conference 13:30
5/8 Oral Argument 13:30

https://twitter.com/SandraMantzke
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:10 am

Good read:

BIOLOGY OF THE DEFENSE CASE Defense Counsel Information based on case minutes:

"...On 11/3/09 new trial date of 8/16/2010 is set. This is per the request of defense counsel who previously stated they need more time to prepare...."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/l8bs75

"...On 8/18/09 Victoria E Washington (secondary) and Kirk Nurmi (primary) are assigned as new defense counsel...."

"...On 2/25/11 Kirk Nurmi announced to the Court that he is leaving the Public Defender’s Office...."

(The sneak! Had Nurmi stayed with public defender's office he would have been paid by SALARY and NOT by hour! So he got his "rich" client paid for by the State, left, pretended he wanted off the case, and then jumped his fees!)
shifty
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:18 am

Not verified:

All court minutes for Jodi Arias
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...r=CR2008031021

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Freckles wrote:Good read:

BIOLOGY OF THE DEFENSE CASE Defense Counsel Information based on case minutes:

"...On 11/3/09 new trial date of 8/16/2010 is set. This is per the request of defense counsel who previously stated they need more time to prepare...."

"...On 8/18/09 Victoria E Washington (secondary) and Kirk Nurmi (primary) are assigned as new defense counsel...."

"...On 2/25/11 Kirk Nurmi announced to the Court that he is leaving the Public Defender’s Office...."

(The sneak! Had Nurmi stayed with public defender's office he would have been paid by SALARY and NOT by hour! So he got his "rich" client paid for by the State, left, pretended he wanted off the case, and then jumped his fees!)
shifty

Yeah, it stinks. Kirk Nurmi hated Jodi Arias at any pay scale and I wonder how it would have affected the trial if he had been forced to continue representing JA on the State public defender salary. I remember when JSS agreed to have the State pay his "new" private practice pay rate. I know some may disagree with this thought, but, I honestly think that Nurmi would have preferred being dismissed from the case in lieu of $ earned. He really hates Jodi and it is obvious. Was Jennifer Wilmott working as a public defender on salary? If so, I wonder how that affected the "team" dynamics?
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Jodi Arias' letter to the judge regarding Nurmi's motion to withdraw:

http://twitdoc.com/view.asp?id=94223&sid=20PB&ext=PDF&lcl=JA-Letter-from-Jodi-to-Judge-re-Nurmi-Motion-to-Withdraw.pdf&usr=zou2&doc=139833553&key=key-2gxotllz9sge8erm21fo
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:34 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Jodi Arias' letter to the judge regarding Nurmi's  motion to withdraw:

http://twitdoc.com/view.asp?id=94223&sid=20PB&ext=PDF&lcl=JA-Letter-from-Jodi-to-Judge-re-Nurmi-Motion-to-Withdraw.pdf&usr=zou2&doc=139833553&key=key-2gxotllz9sge8erm21fo

Thanks, AD.  I just re-read the letter to refresh my memory.  I'm not sure if it can be interpreted as Nurmi wishing to stay on for more $ and Jodi going to bat to keep him, or, Jodi desperately trying to hang onto a person that is trying to "leave" her?  Despite being granted private practice pay, IIRC, Nurmi did not appear to be pleased when JSS ordered that he stay on Jodi's DT.  

What do you think?  Nurmi was willing?...or, Jodi got what she wanted despite what others may want?
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:24 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Jodi Arias' letter to the judge regarding Nurmi's  motion to withdraw:

Thanks, AD.  I just re-read the letter to refresh my memory.  I'm not sure if it can be interpreted as Nurmi wishing to stay on for more $ and Jodi going to bat to keep him, or, Jodi desperately trying to hang onto a person that is trying to "leave" her?  Despite being granted private practice pay, IIRC, Nurmi did not appear to be pleased when JSS ordered that he stay on Jodi's DT.  

What do you think?  Nurmi was willing?...or, Jodi got what she wanted despite what others may want?

I think Nurmi is one of those lawyers who gives defense attorneys a bad name. He is horrible in every sense of the word. Even if he was defending the indefensible, he did a terrible job. I think that he used Jodi to launch his private practice to defend sexual offenders. The barrage of all sort of sordid, sexual details (in my opinion) was totally unnecessary. He could have addressed the issue without making it so gross. I think that he hurt his client with his antics more than he helped her. Instead of trying to humanize the defendant in the eyes of the jury, he made her look dirty and disgusting.

I also think that he feels contempt for her, but he enjoys the large amount of notoriety and publicity about the trial. I hope he is not the cause for the verdict to be overturned on appeal and for Jodi to be granted a new trial. I won't be able to take it. This trial had the worse circus atmosphere that I have ever seen.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:51 pm

SturgeonGirl ‏@sturgeongal 2h2 hours ago

#jodiarias will be on Telephone+Visitor BLACKOUT for 60 DAYS while her Up to 20
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:53 pm

Thea Momoirobara ‏@greenpudingu 34m34 minutes ago

Did MDLR ever testify or anything? She seems to just sit on her ass during the whole trial, looking around never takin notes... #JodiArias
0 retweets 2 favorites
Nicole Buda ‏@nbuda 29m29 minutes ago

@greenpudingu Except for when she was tweeting and setting up her ahem "night jobs"

https://twitter.com/hashtag/jodiarias?f=realtime&src=hash
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:18 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:

I think Nurmi is one of those lawyers who gives defense attorneys a bad name. He is horrible in every sense of the word. Even if he was defending the indefensible, he did a terrible job. I think that he used Jodi to launch his private practice to defend sexual offenders. The barrage of all sort of sordid, sexual details (in my opinion) was totally unnecessary. He could have addressed the issue without making it so gross. I think that he hurt his client with his antics more than he helped her. Instead of trying to humanize the defendant in the eyes of the jury, he made her look dirty and disgusting.

I also think that he feels contempt for her, but he enjoys the large amount of notoriety and publicity about the trial. I hope he is not the cause for the verdict to be overturned on appeal and for Jodi to be granted a new trial. I won't be able to take it. This trial had the worse circus atmosphere that I have ever seen.

Yeah, I have thought about that possibility too.  The trashy tale the DT told did little to create empathy or sympathy for Jodi. Cell
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:42 pm

Freckles wrote:Another change in calendar?
Can't copy.

4/13 Sentencing  8:30
4/24 Status Conference  13:30
5/8 Oral Argument  13:30

https://twitter.com/SandraMantzke

How is there a change in Calendar? what status conference and what oral argument.. the Judge was present for the complete entire fiasco of a trail and sentencing and reattempt at sentencing.. She was supposed to Provide a Sentence… is there any other trial in history that has had this many changes.. delays… misdirections on what really is open and shut. I feel for the taxpayer.
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 pm

Some interesting animations.
May or may not be correct:

(IMO, based upon the time stamps on the pics---between the last in the shower and the final pic shown of her foot--there would not be time to have raced in and around a closet.)

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:09 pm

Read the Petition for Injunction against Harassment filed by Ex-cellmate of Jodi Arias
March 31, 2015
Cathy Russon, Court Chatter

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!Read-the-Petition-for-Injunction-against-Harassment-filed-by-Excellmate-of-Jodi-Arias/c1oiw/551af9ee0cf215f35a2df3ec

...just when you thought it was safe to come out!
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:51 pm

I am getting pretty exited about JA's upcoming sentencing. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 8 759197

We will finally get to hear exactly what JSS really thinks of Jodi Arias and her slanderous defense and her unwillingness to accept personal responsibility for planning Travis's death and then getting in a car and driving 1000 miles to butcher him.  JA had 1000 miles to re-think and decide against her evil plan.  Yet, JA went through with it. Evil, just evil!

I can't wait to hear what JSS has to say.  I hope she just piles it all on JA.  I hope JSS leaves Jodi in "real" tears.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:21 pm

Mylife:
I will be relieved when this judge FINALLY sentences this very evil person. This circus has gone on years and years too long. IMO, JA is TERRIFIED of going to the Big House and that is why she has had all the delays. Well, too bad.... Do the crime you get to do the time.

This was so premeditated in so many ways. JA, IMO, wanted it documented she had been in Utah so she had intentionally flipped that plate upside down so she would get pulled over and she could then profess her innocence and provide an alibi for the time of the crime. Even the phone calls that same night were designed to alter the time of the crime and provide alibi. She KNEW what she was doing ( but may not have known why) and she premeditated this to the max because.... she is so smart! (Doncha know?)

That thousand mile trip, the stolen gun, and IMO, the cut on her finger BEFORE she left on this trip (end of May.... she did not have enough time at the job to request time off so she created this mini- medical emergency....), the hair dye job, the two male alibis in CA.... Oh, she just had too many and too shallow excuses to be believed...and then the ninjas! lol

Tuck this baby into bed, turn out the lights, and go kick back!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:41 pm

^^^Yes, I agree with all that you have written above. Sentence this evil person, give her a free ride to Perryville prison, and let her kick back and enjoy the fabulous resort accommodations that await her. Hopefully, the public will never or rarely hear about JA again.

Do you think JSS is going to tell Jodi off at her sentencing? I do.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:44 pm

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sjqq6j

Interesting commentary and parallels to the JA/CA cases.

".... I believe Jodi went so far as to draw parallels between Joshua’s struggles as a possible script for writing those fake pedo letters. If Jodi ever had those “self-help” brochures she was going to give Travis, it was likely ones she got from Joshua before he sadly committed suicide. ...."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjubmn
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:56 pm

Freckles wrote:http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sjqq6j

".... I believe Jodi went so far as to draw parallels between Joshua’s struggles as a possible script for writing those fake pedo letters. If Jodi ever had those “self-help” brochures she was going to give Travis, it was likely ones she got from Joshua before he sadly committed suicide. ...."

Good share, freckles. Indeed, this does sound like the origination of JA's entire pedo defense. Most everything is borrowed or stolen in JA's sick world.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Jodi Arias Trial Latest Update: Hold-out Juror #17 Could Have Been Removed but Managed to Stay on

"....Unfortunately, Judge Stephens thought otherwise seeing no misconduct or any untoward action to have her evicted. In the public limelight, many has expressed disgust over Juror #17 via Twiter and social media, begetting over 10 thousand #JodiArias hashtags in one hour for instance - in a public outcry that has since been labelled a dangerous precedent by the NCDP...."

Read more: http://www.vcpost.com/articles/53756/20150331/jodi-arias-trial-latest-update-hold-out-juror-17-removed.htm#ixzz3W0xx0vll
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:09 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
Freckles wrote:http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sjqq6j

Good share, freckles.  Indeed, this does sound like the origination of JA's entire pedo defense.  Most everything is borrowed or stolen in JA's sick world.

Keep remembering:
JA is NOT original in anything she does.
JA does mirror imaging of that which she thinks will give her the end results shes desires; ie, manipulation, control, applause...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 pm

I love all the comments.

I don't think JSS will say much besides the actual sentence.  She hasn't had much of a backbone throughout this trial; I doubt that will change now.  

With that said, I truly hope I'm wrong, and that she reams CMJA a new one.  Wishful thinking... Very Happy
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:37 am

Was doing some thinking here re some of the comments on this page:

1. I don't care why Nurmi is a lawyer and only mildly curious as to what he thot he would achieve with the presentation of the case in the manner he presented. (First, self defense based upon JA claiming the victim was a pedophile but she has NO evidence... and then self defense/mental inabilities for self control/PTSD, etc..) IMO, this atty is SICK. He appeared to delight in hammering in on the gross and revolting details, enjoyed appealing and dragging the case out almost as if to punish the court, the jury, the media, etc.. Unlike Baez in the Casey Anthony case, Nurmi is poorly organized and does not seem to have a good grasp of lawyering. If not disgusting, he was a bore! Whatever his objective, he FAILED.

2. Judge SS: Only interested in the sentence she hands down.
While she appears to have a poorly organized court, she may have been intentional and deliberate in giving so very much liberty to the defense so as to avoid later appeals. IMO, Nurmi should NOT have been lead atty... except JA had written a lengthy letter to the judge begging her to leave Nurmi on the case. Apparently, THIS is how JA wanted the case handled. I have no opinion of the judge at this time.
I keep wanting to believe she had a reason which will be revealed after the sentencing and some time down the road....

3. J. Wilmott:
Again, she seems to have lacked focus other than to attack. Her voice was a constant scold for the prosecution witnesses and sugar coated for her own witnesses. She is a bit better at lawyering than Nurmi in that she appears to be organized and understand the basics of a courtroom for etiquette. Still, she desperately needs to know how to object without the crutch of the lengthy sidebars.

In general:
The prosecution showed more experience and expertise in the court and in presenting their witnesses and in the cross examining. They demonstrated their confidence. They came to court prepared for anything and everything. They kept to a higher road while the defense attempted to low ball them.

The defense appeared amateurish. They threw too many temper tantrums. They were not comfortable objecting outside of the sidebar. It was almost as if they had no idea what they were doing in court! But you can not appeal on that as JA was adamant they should represent her and her interests.

I found this case is to be tiring. All the interruptions, the failure of the defense to stick to a time line, to probably depose witnesses, etc. It showed a complete disrespect toward the judge and the court. I have to wonder if that was intentional by the dt in order to sway a juror or two to also scorn the court and reflect it in their verdict...

I would be most pleased if sanctions were handed down to three members of the dt and possibly some of the witnesses for the perjury ....
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:03 am

@Freckles:

Jodi tried to fire Nurmi but the judge didn't allow it.

Jodi Arias Denounces Her Lawyer In This Bitter, 12-Page Hand-Written Motion

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/jodi-arias-wants-to-fire-kirk-nurmi-2013-10#ixzz3W3fnWOVs

(It was not the first time she tried to get rid of him.)
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:29 am

Freckles wrote:Was doing some thinking here re some of the comments on this page:

1. I don't care why Nurmi is a lawyer and only mildly curious as to what he thot he would achieve with the presentation of the case in the manner he presented. (First, self defense based upon JA claiming the victim was a pedophile but she has NO evidence... and then self defense/mental inabilities for self control/PTSD, etc..) IMO, this atty is SICK. He appeared to delight in hammering in on the gross and revolting details, enjoyed appealing and dragging the case out almost as if to punish the court, the jury, the media, etc.. Unlike Baez in the Casey Anthony case, Nurmi is poorly organized and does not seem to have a good grasp of lawyering. If not disgusting, he was a bore!  Whatever his objective, he FAILED.

2. Judge SS: Only interested in the sentence she hands down.
While she appears to have a poorly organized court, she may have been intentional and deliberate in giving so very much liberty to the defense so as to avoid later appeals. IMO, Nurmi should NOT have been lead atty... except JA had written a lengthy letter to the judge  begging her to leave Nurmi on the case. Apparently, THIS is how JA wanted the case handled. I have no opinion of the judge at this time.
I keep wanting to believe she had a reason which will be revealed after the sentencing and some time down the road....

3. J. Wilmott:
Again, she seems to have lacked focus other than to attack. Her voice was a constant scold for the prosecution witnesses and sugar coated for her own witnesses. She is a bit better at lawyering than Nurmi in that she appears to be organized and understand the basics of a courtroom for etiquette. Still, she desperately needs to know how to object without the crutch of the lengthy sidebars.

In general:
The prosecution showed more experience and expertise in the court and in presenting their witnesses and in the cross examining. They demonstrated their confidence. They came to court prepared for anything and everything. They kept to a higher road while the defense attempted to low ball them.

The defense appeared amateurish. They threw too many temper tantrums. They were not comfortable objecting outside of the sidebar. It was almost as if they had no idea what they were doing in court! But you can not appeal on that as JA was adamant they should represent her and her interests.  

I found this case is to be tiring. All the interruptions, the failure of the defense to stick to a time line, to probably depose witnesses, etc. It showed a complete disrespect toward the judge and the court. I have to wonder if that was intentional by the dt in order to sway a juror or two to also scorn the court and reflect it in their verdict...

I would be most pleased if sanctions were handed down to three members of the dt and possibly some of the witnesses for the perjury ....

Thank you for your thoughts, Freckles. Although I am not a veteran trial watcher by any means, I do have several under my belt, including the Florida fiasco. It seems to me that defense teams, in general, have shifted from legal representation of a defendant to....something else. I have read several pieces which point to "it's all about jury selection", and jury consultants. Does anyone remember that slim blonde lady who attended CA's trial DAILY, and no one really paid much attention to her or knew much about her, why she was there, etc. All she did was watch the jury. And then reported back to Baez daily. And we all know how that ended up.

I think Nurmi and Wilmott put on a show of smoke and mirrors, sleeze, and grandstanding. Most despicable of all, victim bashing and slandering. Anything to keep the JURY from "looking behind the curtain". While this MAY be legally acceptable as they perhaps remained on the "edge" of the law, it turned into a disgusting display from most of the "thinking" public. I hope the pendulum has swung far enough for there to be some type of sanction, like you said, or backlash via future election results to curb this defense team trend, but I doubt it.

And as much as I believe JSS will give Jodi LWOP, sadly I don't feel she will comment much beyond the actual sentencing.

I hope I'm wrong. Thanks for your comments!!!!!
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:13 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:@Freckles:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/jodi-arias-wants-to-fire-kirk-nurmi-2013-10#ixzz3W3fnWOVs

I remember that! I figured it was a stall tactic or a power control thing from JA...
Why do you think JA did that in opposition to the letter she had written the court?

awe
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:18 pm

Weez-
I followed the Anthony case. The forensics re the trunk totally fascinated me. While I did suspect CA did murder and hide her child, it was the evidence from the trunk that convinced me without a doubt.

The whole family displayed some odd behavior.
I still want to know WHY George would give up a good paying job and run to Florida to become.... a security guard??? That made no sense to me and I had to wonder if he DID have something he wanted to hide.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:31 pm

DoctorGooFee ‏@DoctorGooFee 4h4 hours ago

#Jodiarias..Sentencing at 8:30am Local #Arizona Time...yeah..right....I'd put down a thousand bucks in #Vegas Nothing starts till after "9"

https://twitter.com/hardtruth4real/lists/jodi-arias-trial-live
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:32 pm

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 1h1 hour ago

Bill before Gov Ducey would close sexual abuse loophole. Stems from a case 12 News has followed for three years. http://fb.me/4ZqAB3fDy

https://twitter.com/hardtruth4real/lists/jodi-arias-trial-live
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:42 pm

Doxing-Rx ‏@DoxingRx 6h6 hours ago

CrimeTimeVids is @David_Lohr HE PURCHASED THE #jodiarias DP RETRIAL VIDEOS ---> https://www.youtube.com/user/CrimeTimeVids/playlists …

https://twitter.com/hashtag/jodiarias?f=realtime&src=hash
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:01 pm

Freckles wrote:

I remember that! I figured it was a stall tactic or a power control thing from JA...
Why do you think JA did that in opposition to the letter she had written the court?

awe

I believe at the beginning she might have trusted him and was scared when Nurmi told her that he was leaving, and that's why she beg the judge to keep him, Nurmi (of course) took advantage of the situation by getting a good deal out of it.

I think she wanted to get rid of him when she realized that he was the worse attorney the court could have assigned to her case. It is fascinating that the judge didn't replace Nurmi when Jodi clearly expressed her discontent about his legal representation.  

I think people give Jodi Arias too much credit, she didn't have control over "the defense strategies" or whatever crazy stunts her lawyers wanted to pull, especially Nurmi. I think she had no choice.

The trial was a total nightmare. Shocked

JMO
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:40 pm

Freckles wrote:

awe

I think that JA first wrote the letter begging to keep Nurmi because she felt confident that they were on the same page concerning her planned defense. Nurmi had been with her through the period when she decided to drop the ninja defense and subsequently began the evolution of her dv/pedo defense. I think that JA probably suspected that she would not get another attorney that would agree to this defense with no evidence to support such a defense. I honestly believe that JA was the chief architect of this defense and Nurmi was willing to put it on for her.

JA wrote the second letter demanding that Nurmi be removed from her case following her conviction. JA was probably angry that her concocted defense did not work and needed someone to blame, punish, and direct her anger at. Remember, Nurmi stated that he "can't stand Jodi 9 out of every 10 days". JA must have been angry that he said that. She was furious that Nurmi wasn't taking her every call and/or rushing down to the jail every time she had another lame idea that she thought might help her case or needed someone to console her and tell her that it was somehow going to work out alright. JA is the only one that matters in JA's world. Nurmi was sick of her and she knew it. JA was furious with him and she was determined to have the upper hand and dispose of their attorney/client relationship on her terms, not his. In JA's mind Nurmi was no longer useful since "he" had already lost her case. His fault, of course, never her fault. Thus, I think the attempt to fire Nurmi was all about her pride and ego.

All speculation on my part, of course. Cool
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:55 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Freckles wrote:

awe

I believe at the beginning she might have trusted him and was scared when Nurmi told her that he was leaving, and that's why she beg the judge to keep him, Nurmi (of course) took advantage of the situation by getting a good deal out of it.

I think she wanted to get rid of him when she realized that he was the worse attorney the court could have assigned to her case. It is fascinating that the judge didn't replace Nurmi when Jodi clearly expressed her discontent about his legal representation.  

I think people give Jodi Arias too much credit, she didn't have control over "the defense strategies" or whatever crazy stunts her lawyers wanted to pull, especially Nurmi. I think she had no choice.

The trial was a total nightmare. Shocked

JMO

Agree, the trial was an absolute nightmare. The torment the Alexander's endured was sickening.

I agree with you that Jodi is often given too much credit, however, I have to respectfully disagree with the idea that Jodi had no choice. Jodi, or an agent of Jodi, was responsible for the forged pedophile letters that formed the whole basis for the "pedo" domestic violence defense. So, I do believe that JA came up with the basic premise of her own defense and found a willing partner in slimy Nurmi to present said defense. I have often wondered how Wilmott fit into the whole thing. Obviously, Wilmott went along with the defense and I am not defending her but she sometimes seemed to be uncomfortable with the whole thing. Maybe, I read Wilmott wrong but I just never felt like she was completely on board with the whole pedo thing. Any thoughts on how Wilmott fit in?
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:09 am

@Mylife101:

Jennifer Willmott was the death penalty qualified lawyer. I think she went along with Nurmi's "strategy" and it is very possible that she didn't agree with his antics but, as strange as it might sound, Nurmi was "the lead attorney". I think she is better lawyer than he is.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:18 am

Mylife101 wrote:
Freckles wrote:

awe

I think that JA first wrote the letter begging to keep Nurmi because she felt confident that they were on the same page concerning her planned defense.  Nurmi had been with her through the period when she decided to drop the ninja defense and subsequently began the evolution of her dv/pedo defense.  I think that JA probably suspected that she would not get another attorney that would agree to this defense with no evidence to support such a defense.  I honestly believe that JA was the chief architect of this defense and Nurmi was willing to put it on for her.

JA wrote the second letter demanding that Nurmi be removed from her case following her conviction.  JA was probably angry that her concocted defense did not work and needed someone to blame, punish, and direct her anger at.  Remember, Nurmi stated that he "can't stand Jodi 9 out of every 10 days".  JA must have been angry that he said that.  She was furious that Nurmi wasn't taking her every call and/or rushing down to the jail every time she had another lame idea that she thought might help her case or needed someone to console her and tell her that it was somehow going to work out alright.  JA is the only one that matters in JA's world.  Nurmi was sick of her and she knew it.  JA was furious with him and she was determined to have the upper hand and dispose of their attorney/client relationship on her terms, not his.  In JA's mind Nurmi was no longer useful since "he" had already lost her case.  His fault, of course, never her fault.  Thus, I think the attempt to fire Nurmi was all about her pride and ego.

All speculation on my part, of course.  Cool
rocker Yep. I like your logic because it sounds like mine!
Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30 - Page 8 836886
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:22 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:@Mylife101:

Jennifer Willmott was the death penalty qualified lawyer. I think she went along with Nurmi's "strategy" and it is very possible that she didn't agree with his antics but, as strange as it might sound, Nurmi was "the lead attorney". I think she is better lawyer than he is.
Wow. I agree with you, too! Very Happy

While she is a better atty at interpreting the law and how to approach witnesses, etc., she is very weak with her objections. If she became stronger at objecting in open court rather than the lengthy sidebars, AND if she stopped scolding everyone who testifies against her, she would make an excellent lead atty.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:26 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:@Mylife101:

I agree. Jennifer Wilmott is a better lawyer than Nurmi.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:46 am

I meant to write: "she is a better lawyer than he is" ...
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:53 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:I meant to write: "she is a better lawyer than he is" ...

We know you did. Very Happy
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:55 am

Thanks! Very Happy
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:49 am

I am putting this here due to the violence against this man in the past.
Reminds me of JA:

Grandson of Getty oil tycoon found dead in L.A. home with horrifying injuries

"...Getty had a restraining order against his ex-girlfriend and the unidentified woman had been placed under psychiatric care in the past after injuring cops when they responded to the house....

...Getty was found in his bathroom at his home in Hollywood Hills home, with severe rectal trauma that caused significant bleeding.

Police have been called to the residence 31 times,
mostly for domestic disturbances, ...."

http://www.washingtonweeklynews.com/grandson-of-getty-oil-tycoon-found-dead-in-l-a-home-with-horrifying-injuries/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:51 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:I meant to write: "she is a better lawyer than he is" ...

I actually did a mental "auto-correct" and never noticed it! Laughing
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:17 pm

all I can say is wow!!

She goes on to accuse Arias' "twitter proxies" of harassing her along with defense attorney Kirk Nurmi of slandering her.

Collins also mentions a retired Phoenix police officer raping her in early 2000. The Petition contains some information that doesn't appear to have anything to do with Arias.

According to the Maricopa County Clerk, this is the only document she has for this case number, therefore there is no further information available at this time.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_dad3861ec9884a0f896da4ba4e04b29f.pdf

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!Read-the-Petition-for-Injunction-against-Harassment-filed-by-Excellmate-of-Jodi-Arias/c1oiw/551af9ee0cf215f35a2df3ec
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:42 pm

justanopinion wrote:all I can say is wow!!

She goes on to accuse Arias' "twitter proxies" of harassing her along with defense attorney Kirk Nurmi of slandering her.

Collins also mentions a retired Phoenix police officer raping her in early 2000.  The Petition contains some information that doesn't appear to have anything to do with Arias.

According to the Maricopa County Clerk, this is the only document she has for this case number, therefore there is no further information available at this time.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_dad3861ec9884a0f896da4ba4e04b29f.pdf

Yeah, kind of a weird read. I do not doubt Ms. Collins' word that Jodi was a terrible, overbearing, and highly annoying cellmate. However, I am not of the mind that Collins is all that mentally stable after reading this document. JMO, of course.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:03 pm

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:08 pm

December 19, 2009 · 3:38 pm
The Ethics of Letting a Lying Defendant Testify

"....The reason the Lying Defendant poses such an ethical conundrum arises from a perfect storm of factors:..."

".... If the client is innocent, he will want to tell his attorney, he has the right to tell his attorney, and he should tell his attorney. If the client agrees that “everyone will be better off if I don’t tell you,” well, he’s guilty, and the attorney knows it.

It gets worse. Clients are supposed to tell their attorneys everything relevant to their representation. It defies logic to pretend that a criminal client benefits from not telling his attorney the most relevant information of all—whether or not he actually committed the crime he is accused of—unless the attorney is intentionally making it possible for him to lie in trial. If that is why the attorney doesn’t want to “know,” then the attorney is “assisting” his client in committing the crime of perjury....."

http://ethicsalarms.com/2009/12/19/the-ethics-of-letting-a-lying-defendant-testify/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:15 pm

"....When the lawyer does know, the accepted options are few. First of all, the attorney is required to explain in the most emphatic terms how risky and stupid lying on the stand is. This includes telling the client one of the two “remedies” lawyers with lying criminal clients have to follow, depending on the jurisdiction. The first is telling the judge that the lawyer has to withdraw from the representation, without saying why because saying why would violate the attorney-client privilege. This, of course, has the result of letting the judge know that 1) the defendant will be lying, and that this means that 2) he’s guilty, and thus the “solution” violates the lawyer’s duty of confidentiality anyway. The other option, favored by New York, California and Washington, D.C., requires the attorney to let his or her client testify in narrative fashion, asking the defendant to tell his (fictional, perjurious) story without the assistance of questions, prodding or framing by the attorney. Then the attorney cannot use the defendant’s lies in the closing argument. Since attorneys only behave like this when their criminal defendant clients insist on lying under oath, this “solution,” like the first, also has the effect of alerting everyone that defendant is guilty of both the crime being tries and perjury....."

http://ethicsalarms.com/2009/12/19/the-ethics-of-letting-a-lying-defendant-testify/

Hmmmm. How many times did Nurms want off this case???
I wonder... shifty
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next