Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09

+35
Alessandra_Deux
CuriousPortlander
nanshin
Stolat
snowbird
wonderingwhy
justanopinion
Hobnob
jacct
Bat Woman
Cubs Fan
Hunters G-ma
MissKansas
linden
Wisteria
Gia
pi-girl
kellikat
sitemama
Sherry
Ann - Tx
KariBear
Julie
Snaz
khintx
TigerMom
Cali
JAG
randilynn
FystyAngel
Piper
Booklover
Dis
Estee
Justice4all
39 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 Empty Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:42 pm

Utah Mom Susan Powell Feared Dead Week After Disappearance

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 Ht_missin_utah_mom_091211_mn

By LISA FLETCHER, LEE FERRAN and SARAH NETTER

A week after Utah mom Susan Powell disappeared without a trace, police have few clues despite days of searching, hours of interviews and thousands of missing-person fliers.

"She's been gone for an entire week. I don't believe there can be any, very much hope left," a tearful Kiirsi Helliwell, Powell's best friend, told ABC News. "I'm trying to stay busy and not think about it. But I don't see how there's any way she can still be alive."

Powell, 28, was last seen Sunday night at her home in West Valley City and was reported missing by relatives the next day.

Powell's husband, Joshua Powell, and the couple's two boys, age 4 and 2, were also believed to be missing but returned home Monday afternoon. Joshua Powell said he decided Sunday night to take the children on a late-night camping trip.

The temperature that night was between 10 and 25 degrees with rain and snow.

"Lots of times I just go camping with my boys," Powell told a local CBS News' affiliate last week. "Just overnight. We do s'mores and stuff."

Joshua Powell told police that he last saw his wife around 12:30 a.m. before he and the boys left for their trip and that she didn't go along because she was feeling sick.

Yet Helliwell said she talked to Susan Powell on Sunday and she wasn't sick. Police told ABC News they were unable to verify Joshua Powell's camping trip because snow had covered the spot where he said they went.

The West Valley City Police found Susan Powell's purse and keys in her bedroom and say there was no sign of forced entry at the house.

"She would never leave her children, and she would never leave without contacting anybody," Helliwell said.

Joshua Powell has not been named a suspect or person of interest in the case, and Susan Powell's father, Charles Cox, criticized the speculation about his possible involvement.

"I don't see him as capable of harming her," Cox told the Salt Lake Tribune this weekend. "I'm kind of concerned that all the focus is on him."

Police officials interviewed Joshua Powell, as well as the couple's 4-year-old child, but walked away with more questions than answers, they told ABC News last week.

"He did give us a statement, and we're following up on all aspects of that statement," said Capt. Tom McLachlan, who called her disappearance "suspicious."

More than 100 people attended a prayer vigil for Powell over the weekend, and Joshua Powell was among the volunteers who passed out fliers to help the search this weekend, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.

Police said neither Susan nor Joshua Powell called into work Monday to explain their absences. The husband later said he had been confused about what day it was, according to a CBS News report.

Police are expected to interview Joshua Powell again early this week.

Cox said he still has a lot of questions, including why his son-in-law would take his two young children, ages 4 and 1, camping in a snowstorm.

There are no reports of domestic violence, but, Cox said, the couple had marital problems and were trying to work them out.

"They have had issues in the past … but they had been talking to each other and, according to my daughter, things were getting better," Cox said.

Police urge anyone with information regarding the case to call West Valley City Police at (801) 840-4000.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/susan-powell-missing-utah-mom-missing-week/story?id=9326774&page=1
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 Empty Re: Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:51 pm

I have a bad feeling about this. It kind of reminds me of the Stephen Grant case in Michigan.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:14 pm

Let's recap. Joshua Powell took his kids camping at 12:30 in the morning in 10-25 degree weather, his wife disappeared while he and the kids were gone, and he missed work because he forgot what day it was. I think I understand why he finally got a lawyer today.

Last edited by Justice4all on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Shades of Scott and Drew shifty
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:34 am

I have a feeling this sick b@st@rd killed those boys' mommy! I'm glad she told someone that he was controlling, I bet she has said more, they just don't want to air any of her laundry just in case they are wrong about him. They're not wrong, he did it, I can feel it. POS I hope I am wrong!
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:08 am

The husband's story makes no sense. Shocked Rolling Eyes No What about the wet spot on the carpet & the fans drying it? sucker Why would this loving Mom suddenly leave her two small sons? Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 5368 Why would she leave her cell phone & keys? Shocked affraid Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:19 am

Who dries their carpet with a fan anyway? Why not a towel? Unless he was expecting company and he just steamcleaned it. (sarcasm) There is no reason for her to leave her babies. She wouldn't on her own accord. According to her loved ones. Good to see you Book! Great Post! As Usual!
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:44 am

I'm almost positive she didn't leave on her own. Nothing in the world can convince me that it makes sense to take children that age camping at 12:30 in the morning in temperatures that cold. I feel that an arrest would have been made if blood or other DNA had been found where the wet spot was, so unfortunately I think his cleaning worked.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:12 am

Brief summary on Today Show, also Susan's dad...So hubby lawyered up...wonder if he'll take a poly???
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:27 pm

His story is ridiculous! He's a liar and he killed her. So so sad for her young children and her family. There is such a thing as DIVORCE.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Husband of Missing Utah Woman Hires Attorney

SALT LAKE CITY (Dec. 15) -- The husband of a 28-year-old woman who went missing a week ago without taking her purse or cell phone has retained an attorney.

Well-known Salt Lake City defense attorney Scott Williams said Monday he has been retained by Josh Powell, whose wife Susan Powell was reported missing Dec. 7.

Williams often represents high-profile defendants in criminal cases. Among his recent clients are Wanda Eileen Barzee, who has pleaded guilty to federal charges in the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping, and Christopher Jeppson, one of two men charged in the 1995 murder of Utah County teenager Kiplyn Davis.

Williams declined to say when he was retained and when Powell was going to be questioned again.

Susan Powell's father, Charles Cox, told CBS' "The Early Show" on Tuesday that he didn't think his son-in-law would do anything to hurt his daughter, and he understood why Josh Powell felt the need to hire an attorney.

Josh Powell told police last week that he left his wife and took his boys, ages 2 and 4, on a camping trip around 12:30 a.m. Dec. 7 in subfreezing temperatures.

On ABC's "Good Morning America" on Tuesday, Cox called his son-in-law's account of the camping trip "unusual but believable," but added, "I don't know what to think."

He also cautioned against focusing too much on Josh Powell so early in the investigation. "I just don't want to focus on him exclusively when actually there might be another explanation."

Cox also had a message for his daughter: "Don't give up hope. ... If there's any way we can find you, I know we will."

Authorities were notified the family was missing when neither Susan nor Josh reported to work and their children were not dropped off at day care Dec. 7. Police said Josh Powell told them that he and his children slept in a van and returned home about 5 p.m.

Police said they haven't been able to verify the camping trip because snow had covered the site: Simpson Springs on the historic Pony Express Trail in Utah's west desert.

West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan said the Powell home was locked when police arrived and they broke in, fearing the family had suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. They found no signs of forced entry.

Cox, said police found a wet spot in the house being dried by two fans when they entered. McLachlan declined to comment.

McLachlan said 30 detectives have been working on the case, fielding dozens of tips and leads.

"Some of them appear to be relatively informative, and some of them are pretty wild," he said.

http://www.sphere.com/nation/article/josh-powell-husband-of-missing-utah-woman-susan-powell-hires-attorney/19281654
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 Empty Susan Powell's husband refuses further police interviews

Post by Justice4all Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:32 pm

By Bob Mims

The Salt Lake Tribune

Joshua Powell, whose wife disappeared from their West Valley City home more than a week ago, is now refusing investigators' request for another interview, police confirmed Tuesday.

"He has refused to come in for additional questioning. I guess his attorney has advised him against it," West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said. "This is very disappointing to us and it is not helpful for this missing person investigation at all.

"We will attempt to negotiate through his attorney for another interview, but for now there are no plans for one," he added.

Powell had been called in for additional questioning Monday, but never showed up. He had met with police twice since his wife, Susan Powell, disappeared. McLachlan has said Joshua Powell is not considered a suspect.

Joshua Powell was the last person to see his wife, leaving her at the home in the wee hours of Dec. 7, when he took his two sons, ages 2 and 4, camping in Utah's west desert. He told police that when he returned home about 5 p.m. that Monday, he did not know where his wife was.

Joshua Powell retained attorney Scott C. Williams on Monday.

Susan Powell's father, Charles Cox, has said that he doesn't believe Joshua Powell had anything to do with his daughter's disappearance.

"Mister Cox's take on [Joshua Powell getting a lawyer] is that it does not prove any guilt," said Mike Gifford, a family friend, on Monday. "[Joshua] is maybe feeling he's in
over his head. ... He felt he needed someone to speak for him. "

Gifford encouraged the public to continue to focus on finding Susan Powell.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14000824

Last edited by Justice4all on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:37 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:15 pm

i would LOVE to believe the hubby in this case, BUT his story makes no sense to the rational human beings in this world.

These boys are so YOUNG, you wouldnt take them camping in the middle of the night, let alone in sub freezing temperatures. i would believe that if they were taking a long trip, they may leave at 1230am to avoid traffic and travel while the children were asleep, i do that myself, i perfer to drive at night. HOWEVER, they came back the very next day.

so to believe this husband, you would have to believe that they took possibly the shortest camping trip known to man. in the freezing cold. you would wake up your small children just to drive somewhere, put them in the tent to sleep for a few hours, wake them up and drive them home. .. seriously, couldnt he have at least come up with a more believable story??

i dont think simply hiring an attorney makes him guilty. his story does that all by itself. IMHO.
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:50 am

Dis wrote:Who dries their carpet with a fan anyway? Why not a towel? Unless he was expecting company and he just steamcleaned it. (sarcasm) There is no reason for her to leave her babies. She wouldn't on her own accord. According to her loved ones. Good to see you Book! Great Post! As Usual!
Hi, Dis! hug Thank you. It's good to see you too. Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 541830 Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 19983 Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 585626 Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by JAG Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:14 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580337,00.html

SALT LAKE CITY — Joshua Powell, whose wife disappeared from their West Valley City, Utah, home more than a week ago, is considered a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Susan Powell, said Assistant Police Chief Craig Black.

"We've been interested in what Josh has had to say all along," said Black.

Black said that detectives have met twice with Josh Powell. "He submitted to a search warrant and provided a DNA sample."

"I wouldn't characterize him (Joshua) as being cooperative."

Anybody shocked?

JAG

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=24397

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Hell no
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:44 pm

I'm not shocked at all that Joshua Powell's a person of interest and not really being cooperative. He won't even tell police exactly where his alleged campsite was. The police have to play it cool, but I would call him their one and only suspect.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 Empty Susan Powell notebook seized by West Valley police, sources say

Post by Justice4all Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:40 pm

WEST VALLEY CITY — A notebook that Susan Powell kept in her desk at work, possibly containing information about her relationship with her husband, was among the items seized by investigators last week, several sources have told the Deseret News.

The notebook, according to one source, detailed threats allegedly made against the missing West Valley City woman about a year ago.

Powell has been missing since Dec. 6. Police have not ruled out the possibility of foul play but also do not have any evidence pointing them in any one direction. Her husband, Josh Powell, meanwhile, has remained the focus of media and public scrutiny.

Police confirmed Wednesday that they now consider Powell a "person of interest" in the case.

"We don't have any solid evidence at this time that a crime has been committed, but there is circumstantial evidence that foul play cannot be ruled out," West Valley Assistant Police Chief Craig Black said.

Black said Josh Powell was not the only person of interest. Black declined to discuss who the others were in the case.

"We're not focused in on one person at this point," he said.
Story continues below

Black is quick to point out, however, that a person of interest is not the same as a suspect. As an example, he said that a neighbor who might offer important information about the case would be considered a "person of interest." Everyone else who has been labeled as person of interest, besides Powell, however, has been forthcoming with information, he said.

Powell was interviewed by police late Tuesday and submitted to a search warrant to collect DNA.

Despite voluntarily showing up for an interview, police say he is still not being completely forthcoming, refusing to answer specific detailed questions such as exactly where he was camping the night of Dec. 6 and whether his wife had any close friends with whom she might have confided.

Read more: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705351936/Susan-Powell-notebook-seized-by-West-Valley-police-sources-say.html?pg=1
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:12 am

I cannot believe that Susan Powell's Father isn't suspicious of Josh Powell. Shocked affraid Could he possibly be that naive? Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 5368 Josh's phony display of sadness when discussing his missing wife is extremely transparent. Rolling Eyes Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 Empty Cops Zero In On Missing Utah Mom's Husband

Post by Justice4all Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:37 pm

(CBS) Authorities have upgraded their investigation into the disappearance of a Utah mother to a criminal probe and say her husband's "lack of cooperation" has made them increasingly suspicious of him.

Susan Powell, a 28-year-old mother of two young children, was reported missing Dec. 7, when she didn't show up for work. She was last seen a day earlier.

"Every lead we've been offered so far would leave us to believe this is out of character (for Susan) and thus suspect foul play is involved," West Valley City Asst. Police Chief Craig Black said Wednesday.

He said her husband, Josh Powell, has not been named a suspect, but investigators are highly interested in him.

"Josh's unusual lack of cooperation for a husband looking for his wife with the police department, you know, it certainly causes us to ask questions as to why would he do things to exclude the resources that we can bring to the table to find Susan," Black said.

"If you're the spouse of someone who goes missing under strange circumstances," says CBS News legal analyst Trent Copeland, "you really are the only person of interest at the initial time of the investigation."

Josh Powell said he went camping with their boys, ages 2 and 4, in subfreezing temperatures about 12:30 a.m. on Dec. 7 and returned in the evening. He says Susan Powell was alive, at home, when he left.

But Josh Powell has been uncooperative in providing any details that might explain what happened to his wife, Black said.

Among other things, Josh Powell hasn't specified where he went camping or where he was all day on Dec. 7, he said.

"That would be awesome if he would be willing to cooperate on that level and take us to his camp site," Black said.

Powell has told police he went camping in Simpson Springs on the historic Pony Express Trail in Utah's west desert - an area of thousands of square miles - that is now covered in snow.

Documents show Josh Powell filed for bankruptcy in recent years, with $200,000 in debt. And published reports suggest the couple had marital problems, with one friend telling the Salt Lake Tribune, "Susan did not want to give up on her marriage."

"It's not surprising," Copeland says, "that friends would now share this with the police and the police are now going to use that as part of their investigation."

Josh Powell did provide a DNA sample to police Tuesday, as did several other family members.

Josh Powell's attorney, Scott Williams, a defense attorney who often defends high-profile clients, described the DNA testing as routine in such cases.

Williams disputed allegations made by police that his client had been uncooperative.

"Despite our continued invitation to be contacted with questions we received no contact from the police today (Wednesday) and as to the nature of prior information, we have answered all questions posed to us since Monday morning," he said. "Josh continues to favor attention on finding Susan and has been cooperating and providing information to that end."

Black reiterated that Josh Powell has given them little information of value.

"Any reason as to why she would've disappeared either of her own accord or because of some type of other foul play, he has not been cooperative with that," he said.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/17/earlyshow/main5989603.shtml

Watch CBS News Videos Online
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 Empty Susan Powell Disappearance: Relatives Preparing for Husband's Arrest

Post by Justice4all Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Family members say they wouldn't be surprised if Joshua Powell gets arrested in the disappearance of his wife, missing Utah mom Susan Powell.

Utah police want more answers from Joshua Powell.

Relatives of Joshua Powell spoke out as police in West Valley City said they now believe foul play is a "likely possibility" in her disappearance. Police say they now consider Powell a person of interest in the case.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he gets arrested in the next seven days," Joshua Powell's brother-in-law Kirk Graves told ABC News. "Even if he's innocent, there's more than he's telling us."

West Valley City Assistant Chief Craig Black told "Good Morning America" today that it was a "likely possibility" that Susan Powell's disappearance involved foul play.

"Josh's reasons for not wanting to approach the police department or come and work with us in a little more forthcoming manner have kind of generated some controversy among the officers," Black said. '"And it's something that's been questioned by the community members who have been following the case."

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/susan-powell-disappearance-relatives-expect-husband-arrested/story?id=9359781

Last edited by Justice4all on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Press conference is about to start on HLN (live)

The husband sure seems suspicious.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:17 pm

Police described Josh as a person of interest. A POI. I believe he is a murdering POS. Does he really expect that anyone would buy his dumb camping excuse. Tired of your mate..get rid of the mate..forget divorce...do the M for Murder.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:23 pm

It's sad that this kind of thing seems to be happening more & more. What is the hell is wrong with people? I can't believe that ANYONE would believe that he "forgot" that it was Sunday (instead of Saturday). I also can't believe that ANYONE would believe that he took two small children on a camping trip in 10 degree weather at MIDNIGHT! It doesn't even take common sense to disbelieve that one!
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:09 pm

So LE confirmed that the eldest boy confirmed the Dad's story of rhe camping trip??? LE didn't question him until several days after Mom reported missing...I wonder If dad brainwashed him or had a serious father and son conversaton...He certainly had enough time to plant the seed of a coverup...Only time will tell... Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 426766 winks
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:32 pm

But have they said when was the last time the oldest boy actually saw his mother? I'm thinking Dad could have killed Susan, the boys didn't know....they were asleep or told she was. Then he wakes them up for a surprise "camping trip". And he thought the camping trip would be his alibi, knowing the oldest could confirm they had been gone. A lame story at it's best, because no one in their right mind would leave the house for the wilderness in those conditions. Unless you'd just commited a murder and had a body in your trunk to dump somewhere along the way.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:31 pm

How many people do you know who have just gotten a new job, suddenly forget what day it is ~ and not show up for work? Shocked affraid This man's "story" is ridiculous! Can he possibly be so stupid as to think that anyone would believe him? Is it arrogance or stupidity? sucker Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 5368 Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:24 pm

I agree that his story is totally ridiculous Book. I guess it's a toss up as to whether it's arrogance or stupidity.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 Empty Husband of missing West Valley woman left Utah

Post by Justice4all Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:00 pm

WEST VALLEY CITY — Josh Powell has left Utah.

Neighbors reported to police that the husband of missing West Valley City woman Susan Powell went home to Washington state either Friday or Saturday.

Josh Powell, who has been labeled a person of interest in the disappearance case, is not required to check in with police or report his movements, West Valley Police Capt. Tom McLachlan said Sunday.

"He's free to come and go. … He's not required to tell us where he's at or where he's going or what he's going to do," he said. "We always have an open, standing invitation to have Joshua come in and talk to us."

McLachlan said he was not sure if detectives have been in touch with Powell since he left the state. Powell's father, like the parents of Susan Powell, lives in Puyallup, Wash. Josh Powell reportedly traveled with his two young sons to visit family for the holidays.

Read more: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352897/Husband-of-missing-woman-left-Utah.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:01 pm

He doesn't seem too concerned about finding his missing wife. I wonder why.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:09 pm

"He's free to come and go", you can bet the are watching his every move.
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:03 am

It is too much of a coincidence that Susan's husband fixed eggs and pancakes for Susan for dinner on December 6. The friend who was visiting at the time said Susan went to bed after that, saying she was sick. That is the last she saw of Susan. So, did Susan's husband fix a lethal dinner for Susan? I won't give this creep any leeway, and I hope LE finds what caused that carpet stain.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 Empty Friend: Missing Utah mom was mulling divorce

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:36 am

Justice4all wrote:I agree that his story is totally ridiculous Book. I guess it's a toss up as to whether it's arrogance or stupidity.
Hi, J4A ~ I guess it's a combination of both arrogance & stupidity. His actions & behavior are most telling, in my opinion. His avoidance of talking to Susan's family raises a huge "red flag". Shocked affraid shifty Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:44 am

I read that Susan's father is former LE. I think he is trying to keep the lines of communication open in order to find his daughter. He knows if he turns against the husband it will be harder to get answers, he's a smart man, thinking through his pain. I hope they find her. I don't think she is alive but they need to figure out where he dumped her.
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:48 am

Good deduction, Dis...You're one smart cookie Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 791593
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerMom Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Just like Scott Peterson( attending vigils) except he wants the children. Susan's father knows he can not bad mouth him for now as he has those two beautiful boys. When asked if he thought they were safe with the father he said yes but you could see the worry. I would be terrified he would do something to them as well. My heart breaks for them. Hopefully they willfind her soon
so they can get those boys into safe arms.
TigerMom
TigerMom

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:16 pm

I honestly expected her husband to be under arrest by now. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 Empty Husband Reportedly Drove Hundreds of Miles in Rental Car Days After Wife Disappeared

Post by Justice4all Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:06 pm

The husband of a missing Utah woman rented a car two days after his wife was reported to have disappeared, logging hundreds of miles on the vehicle as police try to determine where he traveled, the Deseret News reported.

Police in West Valley City, Utah, a suburb of Salt Lake City, say that Joshua Powell — a person of interest in his wife's disappearance — rented the car for 24 hours while police had his minivan in custody to process it for evidence.

Police are now looking into where Powell drove during that 24-hour period because the car lacked a GPS tracking device but had "several hundred" extra miles on it when he returned it to the rental car company, the Deseret News reported.

Police did not hear from the 34-year-old Powell during that period of time, the paper reported. His minivan has since been returned to him by police and he has not been named a suspect in his wife Susan's disappearance.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580882,00.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:11 pm

The police should have had a tail on him at all times. If he did kill Susan, he could have used the minivan to move her body hundreds of miles away from where he originally dumped it.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:55 am

My thoughts exactly, J4A.......he moved her body. Hopefully there is DNA or fibers to be found in the rental.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:08 am

Everytime I log on and there is a new entry to this thread I hope that they found her. And every day I am disappointed.
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:14 pm

i am with you on that dis..

everytime i log on, i think they have arrested this ahole...hasnt happened yet..

i will check back tomorrow, and maybe then...
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 Empty Missing Utah Mom Investigation Focusing On Car Her Husband Rented, E-Mails

Post by Justice4all Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Salt Lake City, Utah—E-mails from missing mother Susan Powell to her friends have now been turned over to investigators and reported in Salt Lake Newspapers.

The e-mails say she lives in fear that her husband might kidnap her two boys, divorce her, or worse. The e-mails were written last year, when her friends say her marriage was at its lowest point. Susan writes that her Husband Joshua is very controlling.

Susan was reported missing December 7th. Two days later, police confiscated the family’s van to search for evidence. It was the couple’s only vehicle, but when husband Joshua went to the Salt Lake Airport, to rent a car, it somehow took investigators by surprise.

Capt. Tom McLachlan, West Valley City Police Department: “We were unaware that he had gotten a rental car and was on the move. He had that rental car for 24 hours, or less.“

In that short time Joshua drove more than 200 miles.

Mike von Fremd, reporting: “Just what he did with the rental car, and where he drove it, is one of many questions investigators want answered. Police have not filed any charges, but investigators are learning painful personal details about a missing mother who in her own words, feared her husband.“

http://www2.wjbf.com/jbf/news/national/article/missing_utah_mom_investigation_focusing_on_car_her_husband_rented_e-mails/46896/

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 Empty Josh Powell's sister ‘sad’ he’s not helping

Post by Justice4all Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:57 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:20 pm

if that were MY sister.. i dont think i would be SAD...

i would be PISSED..

please tell me they are going to arrest this "man" soon.. i pray the children are safe.
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next