Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09

+49
Stolat
CuriousPortlander
Gia
qtkitycat
KathyNY
nanshin
snowbird
Marica
glazier
emberl
Fishknees
Willow123
One Wonders
BrowncoatWhit
CA Lady
jacct
Alessandra_Deux
shyloh
Tinyworm
ishi
DebFrmHell
Bmore
Moosiesmama
angiefly2
lostyou
summerthyme
Chester_from_THM
Freckles
tesstruhart
Chickenbutt
flutter1
Ann - Tx
Jaceesmom68
KariBear
TigerMom
pi-girl
sitemama
FystyAngel
Dis
Cali
eva
Estee
Julie
Gotta_Stop
khintx
randilynn
Piper
Snaz
Justice4all
53 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09

Post by Justice4all Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Story

MIAMI BEACH, FL--Miami Beach Police have detained an Arizona mother who is suspected of 'custodial interference' of her own baby boy.

Now the search is on for Elizabeth Johnson's 8 month old child.

Arizona authorities say that they know Johnson was in San Antonio, Texas from December 22nd through December 27th.

Her son Gabriel has not been seen since December 26th.

Police arrested Johnson Wednesday night at a youth hostel on Miami Beach.

Johnson was scheduled to appear in Maricopa County Superior Court's Family Court in Phoenix for a Dec. 28 custodial hearing. But authorities say she failed to appear and lost custodial rights to 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson.

Authorities say Elizabeth Johnson has yet to reveal the whereabouts of her baby and they also are searching for the car she was driving.

http://www.wptv.com/content/news/topstories/story/elizabeth-johnson-arrested-child-missing-kidnappin/1fAulQxeAkGmO9gmPu7aPA.cspx

Last edited by Justice4all on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Re: Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09

Post by Snaz Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:21 pm

These mothers sure are something. They don't even deserve the privilege of being called "mother".

I hope this woman tells where her little boy is and that he is safely back where he belongs very soon.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Re: Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09

Post by Piper Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Oh my, I hope she hasn't harmed him. What a piece of work.
She needs to be telling where this baby is.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Where is Baby Gabriel? Arizona Woman Refuses to Help Police Find Missing Son

Post by Justice4all Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:32 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-baby-gabriel-arizona-mother-refuses-police-find/story?id=9489263&page=1

Two sets of parents caught up in a bizarre custody dispute are frantic with worry about a missing 8-month-old baby and are begging his mother to tell police the truth about what she did with him.

Gabriel Johnson's biological father, Logan McQueary, said he fears Elizabeth Johnson may have killed their son, despite the lack evidence. But a couple who had been in talks to adopt the baby are sticking by the Arizona mother, saying she hid Gabriel to protect him.

Tammi and Jack Smith told "Good Morning America" today that Johnson gave her baby to an unknown couple while on the run in San Antonio, Texas.

Johnson, 23, of Tempe, Ariz., disappeared before Christmas after McQueary refused to let her adopt out their son. She had lost custody of Gabriel after failing to appear at a Dec. 28 court hearing.

She was arrested Dec. 29 in Miami Beach for interfering with custody -- without Gabriel.

"What she is telling us is that she met a family, a Caucasian man and woman with no child -- young," Tammi Smith told "Good Morning America."

"And she met them in the park. And she was crying and distraught and they came up to her and said, 'How can we help you?'"

When pressed for details about the couple, Smith said Johnson didn't remember much despite having spent three days with them, just that the woman's first name was "Cheryl." Tammi Smith said Johnson told her she purposely tried not to focus on their car or last names so she wouldn't be tempted to change her mind and get her son back.

"She believed she was doing a closed adoption," Tammi Smith said.

In a jailhouse interview Tuesday with a Phoenix CBS affiliate, Johnson reiterated her claim that she had given Gabriel to a couple she met at a San Antonio Park.

"I made a hasty decision and I thought it was OK," she said. "They approached me. I was out alone with the baby at the park. I trusted them, I believe in my heart they are good people."

Johnson is scheduled to be extradited to Arizona this week.

Police have also questioned the Smiths and searched their home but found no clues to indicate where Gabriel might be.

Authorities have said witnesses last saw the child in San Antonio.

The FBI found Johnson's car in a San Antonio motel parking lot Tuesday night. According to ABC affiliate KNXV, investigators were combing the car for evidence but said there were no obvious signs of violence.

The Smiths have said she fled to keep the baby from McQueary.

McQueary, 25, said his fears for his son's life stem from a series of text messages he received from Johnson.

"She basically said, 'There is no way in hell you will see your son again,'" he said at a recent news conference. "She put in the text, 'I killed him."

Johnson has been interviewed at length by investigators but police said she refuses to tell them what happened to her child.

"She was confronted, arrested and interviewed exhaustively about the whereabouts of the child," Miami Beach Police Sgt. Wayne Jones said. "All we know at this point is Gabriel can be anywhere between San Antonio and Miami Beach."

McQueary said he last saw his son days before what would have been the baby's first Christmas.

"I gave him a kiss and put him in his bed and that was the last time I saw him," he said.

Tammi and Jack Smith said Johnson's story about the couple in the park sounds very similar to how they met her.

"We met in an airport. I saw her distraught and crying with a newborn baby," Tammi Smith said. "And that doesn't look like a mother that wants to be a mother."

Jack Smith admitted he thought the entire adoption process with Johnson "felt strange," but that they all lived nearby and they had bonded with the baby after keeping him for a couple of weeks in December.

McQueary has charged that the Smiths pressured him into giving up the rights to his child.

"When Gabriel disappeared they said, basically, 'You know, if you care about your son and you want him back, you will sign the paperwork and she will bring him back to us and you will know that he is safe,'" McQueary said.

The Smiths deny the accusation and said they were simply passing on that message from Johnson and that they told McQueary they knew such papers wouldn't hold up because he signed them under duress, though it might bring the baby back.

"The father and Jack and I were in constant contact when we found out Elizabeth fled with the baby," Tammi Smith said. "When we finally got to speak to Elizabeth, she was so angry with the whole situation and told me, 'I have one message to give to Logan.'"

That message, Smith said, was sign the papers and the baby will be brought back.

The Smiths ask anyone who may have seen Gabriel to contact them through their Web site.

Anyone with information about Gabriel Johnson is asked to call the Tempe Police Department at 480-350-8311.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:52 pm

#1. when i saw an interview with the father .. he seemed eerily calm cool and collected... when he discussed the mother TELLING HIM she KILLED the baby, he didnt bat an eye... let alone shed a tear... i personally would be inconsoulable at the mear thought of that possibility..

#2. next thing we will hear is the woman at the camping ground she "gave" the baby to was zaneida fernandez gonzales (sp)... i am sure zanny the nanny has this precious angel too...

#3. bozo is paying her to keep the ZFG story alive for the trial.. if she stole another baby, it is proof of existance..god knows they need SOMEONE to say they saw her.... i bet she is a "10"

i cannot BELIEVE how "normal" these girls look... wool in sheeps clothing.. scary thought!
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Is missing baby Gabriel still alive?

Post by Justice4all Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:11 pm

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34745488/ns/today-today_people/

Police hold out hope for 8-month-old whose mother claimed she killed him

By Michael Inbar
TODAYshow.com contributor
updated 9:25 a.m. ET, Thurs., Jan. 7, 2010

It’s a missing child case with an odd twist — and, authorities believe, possibly a better outcome in store than many.

Tempe, Ariz., resident Elizabeth Johnson told her estranged boyfriend Logan McQueary she had killed their 8-month-old son Gabriel, then backtracked and claimed she had given the boy to a couple she met in Texas.

For now, the incarcerated Johnson isn’t talking, but Tempe Police Sgt. Steve Carbajal told Meredith Vieira live on TODAY Thursday they have evidence young Gabriel is alive — and, hopefully, well.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

“We are very hopeful, and we are getting information that Gabriel is alive,” Carbajal said. “That’s what’s keeping us going in this investigation, to return Logan’s baby boy to him.”

A frightening message
The missing child case began to unfold Dec. 8, when McQueary split from Johnson and moved out of the couple’s home. The two had experienced relationship problems, many of them involving their child.

Shortly after the baby’s birth, Elizabeth Johnson tried to give the child up for adoption to an Arizona couple, but McQueary fought against it. When McQueary wouldn’t agree to the arrangement, a custody hearing was set for Dec. 28. But two days before the scheduled hearing, he received a text message that chilled him to the bone — Johnson wrote that she had killed their child.

Appearing with Sgt. Carbajal on TODAY Thursday, McQueary said that after receiving the text, he didn’t want to believe his former mate was capable of such an act.

“[I was] scared, and the first thing I did was call her,” McQueary told Vieira. “I kept asking her whether she did it or not. She said ‘yes.’ I didn’t know what to do, so I went to the police.”

‘Emotional wreck’
Police tracked Johnson down in Miami on Dec. 30, but after being arrested on charges of custodial interference, she has refused to give police any indication where the couple’s baby son is. However, Johnson did a phone interview with a Phoenix TV station in which she claimed she handed off Gabriel to a couple she met in a park in San Antonio, Texas. She said her text that she had killed the child was merely a vindictive act intended to hurt McQueary.

“That was the only thing I could say that would hurt him,” Johnson told KPHO Channel 5 in Phoenix from her jail cell. “I was an emotional wreck. I was just completely out of my mind, and just upset because [McQueary] completely ruined my life and he pushed me to run away. We’re human, we make mistakes and we say things we don’t mean, and we don’t realize, you know, we can be held accountable for them.”

Still, the question remains: Where is baby Gabriel? Sgt. Carbajal was measured in his words to Vieira as the investigation continues, but he indicated the child was sighted in San Antonio on Dec. 26 — and that that sighting was after Johnson sent McQueary the text claiming she had killed him.

The priority: Gabriel
Johnson, 23, likely faces even more severe charges than custodial interference, but Sgt. Carbajal told Vieira that that isn’t the police focus right now.

“We’re not worried about charges, we’re not worried so much about prosecution as much as we’re worried about getting Gabriel back to his father,” he said.

While no one has come forward to say they have Gabriel in hand, McQueary told Vieira he is praying his ex’s story that she gave the child away, not killed him, is the true version of events.

“I’m hoping she did [give Gabriel away], and I’m hoping that they’re taking care of him, and I’m hoping they come forward,” McQueary told Vieira. “If they don’t want to get in trouble or anything, just drop him off at a hospital or fire station — anyplace. Just do the right thing.”

When Vieira asked McQueary if he believed his ex was capable of murdering their son, he replied, “She may be. I don’t want to think that she did it. I believe Gabriel is alive and well.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Sounds like another Zanny the nannie tale to me! kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty 'Persons of interest' named in missing baby case

Post by Justice4all Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:01 pm

http://www.krem.com/news/national/80962317.html

PHOENIX (AP) — Police in the Phoenix metropolitan area say a couple from Scottsdale, Ariz., who wanted to adopt a young mother's baby may know more about the missing child's whereabouts than they're telling investigators.

Tempe police Sgt. Steve Carbajal said Thursday that Jack and Terri Smith are now "persons of interest" in the investigation into the disappearance of 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson.

The boy had been missing for nearly three weeks. He was last seen in San Antonio in December with his 23-year-old mother, Elizabeth Johnson.

Johnson was arrested last week in Florida on suspicion of custodial interference after she didn't show up for a custodial hearing.

She has since told a Phoenix television station that she gave the boy away in San Antonio.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Polygraph inconclusive in missing baby case

Post by Justice4all Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:24 pm

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/149384

Police said Monday they are continuing to investigate conflicting statements made by a couple involved in the case of a missing 8-month-old Tempe boy.

Mother of missing child returned to Valley

Police believe missing Tempe baby is alive

Police: Indications missing baby is alive

The results of a polygraph test taken Friday by Jack and Tammi Smith of Scottsdale, who wanted to adopt Gabriel Johnson, came back as “inconclusive,” according to Tempe police Sgt. Steve Carbajal.

The Smiths were named persons of interest by police last week because investigators believe they are withholding information that could possibly lead them to the whereabouts of the child.

The baby’s mother, Elizabeth Johnson, was extradited late Saturday from Florida to a Maricopa County jail, where she is being held on a $1.1 million cash bond. Johnson remained uncooperative with authorities about the child’s whereabouts and also is facing charges of kidnapping and child abuse, police said.

The Tempe woman claimed she killed Gabriel and left him in a dumpster, but police believe the child is still alive. The child’s disappearance has sparked a nationwide search.

Gabriel was last seen with his 23-year-old mother Dec. 26 at a hotel in San Antonio. She lost custody of her son to the boy’s father, Logan Scott McQueary, two days later when she failed to show up at a custody hearing.

Johnson was arrested Dec. 30 at a youth hostel in Miami Beach, Fla., and held while awaiting extradition. She told McQueary that she killed the baby and left it in a trash bin. But police have said they believe Gabriel is alive, and they are investigating whether she gave him away.

Results from a polygraph test can be “deceptive,” “truthful” or “inconclusive,” Carbajal said. In this case, the results came back inconclusive.

“It doesn’t really clear things up,” Carbajal said of the Smiths’ polygraph results. “We’re still investigating and asking for leads and looking at everything.”

Kim Hale, commander of investigations for Tempe police, said Monday that Johnson was “very quiet and standoffish” when aboard the plane back to Arizona from Florida.

“She was not forthcoming with any information — and she’s been that way since she was arrested,” Hale said. “At this point, the baby could be anywhere. When asked if she wanted to be helpful in locating where her baby was, she had nothing to say.”

Authorities appealed to whoever may have Gabriel, saying the child can be turned over to a fire station or hospital if that person is afraid to come forward.

If anyone has any information about the boy’s whereabouts, they can call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at (800) 843-5678.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotta_Stop Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Hi Everyone
I am new to this forum. A good friend directed me here. I am looking around-nice place, btw.
Hope to get to talk to some of you soon.
I have an interest in crime stories and a real soft spot for the missing innocent children.
Gotta_Stop
Gotta_Stop

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:07 am

Welcome to the RC, Gotta Stop. I think you'll really enjoy it here, there's so many great people with the same interests as you.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:28 am

Welcome to RC Gotta_Stop.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 am

Hi Gotta Stop! Welcome! Let's hope this baby is found alive.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 pm

everytime i see a new post here, i PRAY this little one is found safe.. just to have the big letdown when it is not true...

Sad

WELCOME gotta...
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Gabriel Johnson's alleged baby sitter on Nancy Grace

Post by Justice4all Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:32 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Babysitter May Hold Key to Missing Child

Post by Justice4all Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:36 pm

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/tempe/babysitter_gabriel_johnson_011410

Updated: Friday, 15 Jan 2010, 6:31 AM MST
Published : Thursday, 14 Jan 2010, 10:25 PM MST

A baby boy from Arizona has been missing for more than two weeks, and police believe he may still be alive.

New details have emerged from a woman who says she was hired by the baby's mother, to babysit little Gabriel Johnson in Texas.

Police are hoping she can help provide them with some sort of clue as to what happened to that little boy.

FOX 10's Miriam Garcia reports.

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Police Execute Search Warrant In Hunt For Missing Baby

Post by Justice4all Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:40 pm

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/81719207.html

Police have searched a couple’s home in the hunt for a baby who hasn’t been seen since he and his mother made a trip to Texas last month.

PHOENIX (January 15, 2010)—Police in Tempe, Ariz. have confirmed that officers executed a search warrant Thursday night at the home of a Scottsdale, Ariz. couple considered "persons of interest" in the case of a missing infant who hasn’t been seen since he and his mother made a trip to Texas last month.

Tempe Police Department spokesman Sgt. Mike Horn said the warrant was specific to the investigation of 8-month-old Gabriel
Johnson.

Horn said Friday the investigation is active and detectives are not releasing any further information at this time.

Jack and Tammi Smith have said Gabriel's mother Elizabeth Johnson, 23, wanted to give up her baby for adoption, but her ex-boyfriend wouldn't go along with it.

Tammi Smith spent Thursday afternoon at Tempe police headquarters.

She told reporters she requested the meeting to try and help police with the investigation.

Johnson remains in custody in Phoenix on charges of kidnapping, child abuse and custodial interference.

Crime Stoppers of San Antonio is offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads the infant’s safe return, police officials in the Phoenix suburb of Tempe announced Wednesday.

Anyone with any information can call Crime Stoppers at 210-224-STOP (210-224-7867).

Tips may also be submitted online.

San Antonio Crime Stoppers Web Site

The San Antonio Police Department has opened a missing person investigation into the disappearance the infant, who was last seen on Dec. 26 in San Antonio.

Investigators said his mother drove to Texas from her home in Tempe, stayed in San Antonio for about a week, and then took a bus to Florida without her baby son.

She was arrested Dec. 30 in Miami Beach and was returned to Arizona to face kidnapping and child abuse charges.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty New pictures show baby Gabriel in Texas

Post by Justice4all Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:27 am

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/New-Pics-81822177.html

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Gabrie10

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Gabrie11

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Gabrie12

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Gabrie13

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Gabrie14

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Gabrie15

by Jared Dillingham

Posted on January 15, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Updated yesterday at 9:22 PM

TEMPE - Late Friday, Tempe Police released a series of pictures, showing 9-month-old Gabriel Johnson alive in a San Antonio motel. A couple of the photos are date-stamped "December 26th," which is the last day police can confirm Gabriel was alive.

Most of the pictures show Gabriel playing on a bed or crawling around, but others are troubling. In two of the pictures, Gabriel is seen grasping what appears to be a medicine dropper. Tempe Police say they can't confirm what the baby is holding, but a Texas woman who says she babysat Gabriel claims he appeared to be groggy from medicine. Analisa Urias, an 18-year-old from San Antonio, says Gabriel's mother told him to "give him more medicine if he starts to cry."

The newly-released pictures also reveal Gabriel's mother, Elizabeth Johnson, brought family photos when she fled. Tempe Police say it looks like Johnson's mother and brother are in picture frames placed on a motel nightstand.

Meanwhile, investigators continue combing through evidence seized when they served a search warrant on the home of Tammi and Jack Smith. The Smiths tried adopting Gabriel in December, in the weeks leading up to his disappearance. Police have labeled the couple "persons of interest" in the missing baby case, and believe the Smiths could be hiding information.

Tammi Smith says she invited police to her home to search her files. They left the Smith's North Scottsdale home at 12:45am Friday with a laptop, other computer files, phone records, and documents.

They're going to find evidence that we were following the law. Nothing shady," said Tammi Smith.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Police investigate online posting claiming 'Baby Gabriel' was adopted

Post by Justice4all Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:44 pm

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Police-investigate-online-posting-claiming-Baby/MjR0_sgZtk-TqUkNDUSB0w.cspx?rss=68

TEMPE, Arizona -- Police in Arizona are now looking into an online posting from someone claiming to have adopted a child they called "Baby Gabriel."

Gabriel Johnson was last seen in San Antonio December 26th. Investigators said Gabriel's mother, Elizabeth Johnson abducted him from Tempe, Arizona eight days earlier.

The online posting is said to be from a woman from Wisconsin named "Beth" who claims she was here in San Antonio January first to adopt a little boy. Elizabeth Johnson was already in jail in Florida by that time. She claims she gave the boy to a couple she met here at a park. Elizabeth Johnson remains in an Arizona jail on multiple charges.

If you have any information about Gabriel Johnson, please immediately call 1-800-THE-LOST or Crime Stoppers at 210-224-STOP (7867). Crime Stoppers is offering a reward for information leading to the safe return of Gabriel Johnson. CLICK HERE to find out more.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:32 pm

I wonder if this will pan out, or is it just someone wanting 15 minutes of fame???
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:05 pm

He has the name and the face of an angel.
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Leads in Baby Gabriel Search

Post by Justice4all Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Baby Gabriel is the sweetest looking little angel..... how could his mother hurt him???? I just don't understand some of these young mothers....

Elizabeth's grandfather seemed like he wanted the truth.... maybe he could get it from her.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Baby Gabriel's father plans vigil for his son

Post by Justice4all Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:00 am

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Baby-Gabriels-father-to-hold-vigil-on-Sunday-for-his-son-82400207.html

by 3TV / azfamily.com

Posted on January 22, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Updated today at 2:01 PM

TEMPE – The father of a missing Tempe infant plans to hold a candlelight vigil for him this weekend.

Logan McQueary and his family and friends plan to gather at Chaparral Park in Scottsdale on Sunday evening.

The vigil will start at 6 p.m. McQueary's son, Gabriel Johnson, disappeared after Christmas while in his mother's custody in Texas.

Elizabeth Johnson is under arrest but has not told authorities where the child is.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Police expected to search landfill for missing baby

Post by Justice4all Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:01 am

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Exclusive-Police-expected-to-search-landfill-for/zwNXyG1pAkyavvRY9wVmZg.cspx?rss=68

Reported by: Leila Walsh
Email: LeilaWalsh@woaitv.com
Last Update: 6:05 pm

BEXAR COUNTY, Texas -- Police were at a landfill Friday that officials previously said they might want to search in connection with the case of a missing 8-month-old baby.

Gabriel Johnson was last seen in San Antonio on December 26th. Last week, investigators informed the operators of the Allied Waste - Tessman Road Landfill located at 7000 IH-10 East about the possibility of a search.

News 4 WOAI have been checking the site each day. When News 4 WOAI crew pulled up to the site Friday, several officers were there along with search dogs. However, police would not answer any questions.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 am

Snaz wrote:Baby Gabriel is the sweetest looking little angel..... how could his mother hurt him???? I just don't understand some of these young mothers....

Elizabeth's grandfather seemed like he wanted the truth.... maybe he could get it from her.
Children are our most precious gifts. I don't understand any of these parents who would murder their own children.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Police will search landfill for Baby Gabriel~
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Exclusive-Police-expected-to-search-landfill-for/zwNXyG1pAkyavvRY9wVmZg.cspx
kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:32 pm

This is a horrific story. Baby Gabriel is sooo sweet. the thought that his horrible poor excuse of a human being mother killed him is almost incomprehensible. What a beautiful child.
I think she did exactly what she told the father.. She couldnt take the time to drop him off at anyones house, or even have left him him with that babysitter at the hotel. She had to use him as her pon in her evil attack...

Im so sad that the babysitter at the hotel, didnt have enough common sense to call someone. I dont blame her, and I hope thru Gabrials unfolding story, there is a valuable lesson here. She was obvioulsy naive, and didnt know better...She prolly has lots of guilt and I hope she works thru it...

Hearing about another KC existing among mankind is just too much!!!!!

I hope we arent going to witness another circus in this tragedy. I am wondering if there already lawyers looking at her case with ill intentions of notoriety at Gabriels expense.

I doubt this online adoption post has anything to do with this crime.

Im glad LE are looking in the landfil finally. I hope he is found soon so he can be put to rest properly and not like trash. I suspect if he was still alive, someone wud have come forward by now....

God Bless Gabriel

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:03 pm

AJ- You said it! kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Another beautiful child born to an ungrateful uncaring selfish parent. Another senseless tragedy in a world already teeming with real tragedies from the forces of nature. I find it incomprehensible and heartbreaking that a parent could harm a child.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Month Later, Baby Gabriel Still Missing

Post by Justice4all Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Boy may be disguised as a girl

Updated: Saturday, 23 Jan 2010, 2:04 PM MST
Published : Friday, 22 Jan 2010, 9:50 PM MST

The search for missing boy Gabriel Johnson continues and police now believe the 8-month old boy may be disguised as a girl.

Recent photos of Gabriel have been released and show Gabriel looking drugged and lethargic. He is holding a bottle of what appears to be infant Tylenol in one hand.

Reports from a woman who babysat Gabriel while he and his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, were staying in a San Antonio, Texas hotel, shortly before his disappearance, indicate that Elizabeth would give Gabriel baby medication to sedate him.

The babysitter told authorities that prior to her babysitting Gabriel for two hours, Elizabeth Johnson said that she had given the baby medicine and for her to give him more if he became fussy.

Source: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/tempe/baby-gabriel-still-missing-1-21-2010
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty Missing baby's mother pleads not guilty

Post by Justice4all Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:46 pm

by Jim Cross/KTAR; Colton Shone/KTAR and ABC News (January 25th, 2010 @ 8:15am)

PHOENIX -- The mother of missing 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson pleaded not guilty Monday to charges related to his disappearance.

Elizabeth Johnson appeared in court by video from the Maricopa County Jail. She was dressed in jail stripes.

Johnson spoke only to give her name and birthdate. A "not guilty" plea was entered for her to charges of kidnapping, child abuse and custodial interference.

The court appearance came one day after dozens of people gatehred at a candlelight vigil in Scottsdale to pray that Gabriel will be found.

Logan McQueary, the boy's father, said Sunday night's vigil did not mean the family is giving up on searching for Gabriel.

"We're not giving up at all," McQueary said, while Gabriel's great-grandmother, Dot Woodard, chimed in, "Not for a minute are we giving up."

Police say Johnson took the boy and left Arizona in December to avoid a custody hearing. They say the child was last seen with Johnson at a motel near San Antonio, Texas, on Dec. 26. Johnson was arrested in Florida several days later and returned to Arizona.

Police say Johnson -- who initially gave conflicting accounts of what happened to Gabriel -- no longer is talking with them.

McQueary said he has not spoken with Johnson, but he wants her to tell the truth. He said no new information has come for days and tips about the baby's whereabouts have declined as time passes.

"I hope he comes back soon... I love him. I want him back more than anything else," McQueary said.

McQueary said Johnson told him at one time that she had killed Gabriel and put his body in a dumpster.

"I think she might be capable of it, but I don't want to believe that she did," he said.

Johnson later said she gave the baby to a Texas couple who were strangers to her.

Meanwhile, former FBI special agent and ABC News consultant Brad Garrett said police need to keep trying to talk with Johnson "because that's going to be the key. It's going to give you more information even if she doesn't tell the truth... You have to basically convince her it's in maybe her best interests and the child's best interests to talk to you."

Garrett said police should retrace their steps.

"You may have to go back to the hotel again, pull the records of people that were staying at the hotel. Supposedly other people saw her in San Antonio with Gabriel. All of those people need to be found and interviewed."

Garrett said police also need to look at cellphones and other communications by Johnson, as well as track her car.

Source: http://www.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1256291
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 Empty "I'll email you the exact location of dead Gabriel's little blue body," Gabriel's Mom Text-Messaged Father

Post by Justice4all Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:19 pm

By James King in News
Wed., Jan. 27 2010 @ 7:45AM

As the search for 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson continues -- now one month after he disappeared with his mother, Elizabeth Johnson -- the text messages she sent to the baby's father while on the run have been revealed.

It was widely publicized that Johnson told Gabriel's father that she had killed the baby, but it wasn't until today that we get a glimpse of just how nuts this chick actually must be. She gives Glen Close's character in Fatal Attraction a run for her money.

Here's one that the baby's father, Logan McQueary, shared with KPHO:

"You will never see Gabriel again. I made sure of that. And you can spend the rest of of your pathetic life wondering about him. You will never find me. I'm already boarding a plane out of the country. When I'm safe, I'll email you the exact location of dead Gabriel's little blue body, if the garbage don't come first. This is what liars like you deserve," the seemingly scorned Johnson texts.

Of course, she later recanted her claim that she had killed the baby and says she gave Gabriel to a random couple she met at a park in San Antonio, Texas.

The worst part is that, at first, cops seemed to believe the second story.

Now, we're no detective, but we can sniff out BS when it's held right in front of our face.

It wasn't until this week that police in San Antonio even searched area landfills, where if they had believed Johnson's first (more plausible) story, they should have sarched much sooner.

Now, a month after Gabriel was last seen alive, there seems to be no "couple in San Antonio," and leads in the case have begun to dry up.

(Ahem) world-class police work, folks.

Source: http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/01/ill_email_you_the_exact_locati.php

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:22 pm

"You will never see Gabriel again. I made sure of that. And you can spend the rest of of your pathetic life wondering about him. You will never find me. I'm already boarding a plane out of the country. When I'm safe, I'll email you the exact location of dead Gabriel's little blue body, if the garbage don't come first. This is what liars like you deserve," the seemingly scorned Johnson texts.
If Elizabeth really did kill little Gabriel, she's easily going to be just as hated as Casey is for texting such a cruel, heartless message to his father.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:39 am

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6838625.html

re: area landfill cordoned of in search for baby Gabriel. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:00 am

Landfill cordons off area in Ariz. baby search

By AMANDA LEE MYERS Associated Press Writer ©️ 2010 The Associated Press
Jan. 27, 2010, 5:41PM

PHOENIX — Managers of a San Antonio landfill have blocked off an area that might be searched for the body of an Arizona baby who has been missing for about a month, but police said Wednesday that they weren't searching the site and didn't specify whether they planned to do so.

A portion of the Tessman Road Landfill was cordoned off in the last few weeks as part of the investigation into the disappearance of 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson of Tempe, Ariz., according to Peg Mulloy, spokeswoman for landfill owner Phoenix-based Republic Services.

She said landfill managers identified the area based on where Gabriel was last seen on Dec. 26. She added that the cordoned-off area was larger than a convenience-store parking lot.

"We're able to say trash from this particular neighborhood on this particular date is probably in this area (of the landfill)," she said. "We stopped placing waste in an area they may want to search, and we're waiting for them to tell us what they would like to do."

San Antonio police spokeswoman Sandy Gutierrez said she could not say whether investigators were planning to search the site, citing the integrity of the investigation.

Gabriel's mother, 23-year-old Elizabeth Johnson, was arrested Dec. 30 in Florida and is charged in Arizona with kidnapping, child abuse and custodial interference. Police say she drove Gabriel to San Antonio from Tempe, stayed about a week, then took a bus to Florida without him.

She has refused to say where the baby is, but told Gabriel's father she killed him. She also has said she gave the baby away to a couple in San Antonio.

Early in their investigation, Tempe police said they were optimistic that Gabriel was alive and were looking into a potential underground adoption.

"The information is coming in much slower, and the indicators that were once there are getting less and less to the point of becoming nonexistent," Tempe police Sgt. Steve Carbajal said. "At this point, we're looking seriously into the possibility that she killed Gabriel like she said she did."

Gabriel's father, Logan McQueary, told police that Johnson said she put the boy's body in a diaper bag and threw it in the trash.

Phoenix television station KPHO reported that McQueary showed them a text message he said he received from Johnson on Dec. 27.

"And you can spend the rest of your pathetic life wondering about him," according to the message. "I'm already boarding a plane out of the country. When I'm safe, I'll e-mail you the exact location of dead Gabriel's little blue body, if the garbage don't come first."

Carbajal declined to confirm whether Johnson sent the message, citing the ongoing investigation.

McQueary did not return calls for comment, but has said he plans to retrace Johnson's steps to San Antonio in hopes of helping find his son.

Meanwhile, a Scottsdale couple who wanted to adopt Gabriel remains "persons of interest" in the case. Johnson gave Jack and Tammi Smith temporary guardianship over Gabriel for about 10 days in December before she picked him up and left Arizona.

Results from a lie-detector test taken by the couple were inconclusive, and Carbajal said the Smiths haven't told police all they know, although he declined to elaborate. Police searched the couple's home this month.

The Smiths said they've been nothing but cooperative and want Gabriel to be found alive.

"We're sitting here still considered persons of interest but yet we've done absolutely everything they asked us to do," Jack Smith told The Associated Press. "If there's anything left for them to do, we don't understand what they're waiting for."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6838625.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:52 pm

Thankfully, Gabriel is being searched for in relentless manner. This LE agency's commitment and devotion to bringing baby Baby Gabriel home is wonderful.

The work they have done in pinpointing the area, that Baby Gabriel was and cud be, speaks volumes of their ethic. The horrible work in searching that area is clearly no easy task. I commend them.

I only wish other detachments were as dedicated and willing to do the work. I am still sad that Haleigh was not searched for in the landfil, this way, (even though 3 cadavers had hit on a dumpster)...
Maybe PCSO, can take this as an example of selfless work, and follow their lead. Their claim of cheking the landfill is insulting. To know that they only cheked the trucks (residential) that showed up to the landfill on the Saturday after Haleigh went missing is appalling. They missed the possibility of all the other trucks that had been their with dumpster garbage prior in that week along with the ones that came after...

It was this article (below) that prompted me to call Lt Greenwood at PCSO to ask exactly how they searched.... He confirmed that the only garbage that was searched was the garbage that had been collected from residences and brought to the dump that Saturday after. The actual landfill was never checked, and neither were the trucks that wud have been picking up and bringing in the dumpster loads as these are scheduled pickups done separately, between business owners, and the waste management company. How they have "eliminated" that possibility so quick is sad especially when only months later little Somer was found in a landfill so close together.
Here is the article....

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- The recovery of the body of 7-year-old Somer Thompson evoked memories of the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings in Putnam County earlier this year.

The 5-year-old vanished in February and has not been found.

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said during the first few days of the investigation that deputies also searched landfills, which is how Somer was found Wednesday.

Trash that was collected from southern Putnam County was taken to the landfill, but deposited in a roped-off area. Forty
sheriff's deputies went through the trash seeking clues, but found no evidence or clues.

Hardy confirmed that a garbage search is protocol in a missing persons case.

Annette Sykes, Haleigh's paternal great grandmother, said today that she sympathizes with Somer's family, and she still holds out hope that Haleigh can be found alive.

She is pleased that police initially looked in the landfill for Haleigh, eliminating that as a possibility.

Also Thursday, Sheriff Hardy announced a new way to send in tips regarding Haleigh. Anyone with information can send an email to haleigh@putnamsheriff.org.

CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE COVERAGE IN THE SEARCH FOR HALEIGH

©️2010 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:tYaMxFpzlGkJ:www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx%3Fstoryid%3D147059%26catid%3D3+landfill+%22haleigh%22&cd=45&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Famous private investigator joins the search for Baby Gabriel

Feb 1, 2010

SAN ANTONIO – It’s been nearly six weeks since a missing Arizona baby was last seen. The last time anyone saw 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson was here in San Antonio on December 26. Now we’ve learned a private investigator is involved in the search.

World famous private Investigator Jay J. Armes, known as "The Investigator," tells us he'll be working in San Antonio. Armes has been finding missing people for 40 years. He’s most famous for finding Marlon Brando's son in the 70's. Armes charges up to $1 million a case, but for Baby Gabriel he and his team are doing it for free.

"Because of the way it happened and the way the girl started lying from the beginning," Armes told ABC15 on a phone interview from Texas. "At first she had given it to a couple, and then she didn't know who the couple were. The harder the cases are, the more challenging they are to me."

"We have not started a homicide case, we are still considering it as a missing person case," said San Antonio Police Chief William McManus.

The boy's father, Logan McQueary, has also said he is coming to San Antonio this week. He plans to pass out flyers hoping to spur someone's memory about where his little son might be.

Like San Antonio Police and McQueary, Armes still believes Gabriel is alive, though Johnson will not cooperate with authorities. Based on what he's seen, Armes tells us he believes Gabriel is still alive and that the boy's mother did, in fact, give him up in an "underground adoption."

"There's got to be a reason why she's throwing everybody off," said Armes.

If you have any information on Baby Gabriel, please call Crime Stoppers at 224-STOP.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Famous-private-investigator-joins-the-search-for/mzpwp-Z5jE6FSfuzD3qADA.cspx?rss=68
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:21 pm

Why cant they vote on TORTURE in cases like this... How DARE she show that much disregard for human life and still have 3 squares a day!!!

Her food and water intake should be stopped... Then she can be rewarded with morsels for every confession that leads to this beautiful little boy who naturally loved and trusted this BEAST!!!

If there was a national vote on this, how many ppl wud be adverse????? She cud get fed once she talks! If she never talks, then we wil be where we left off, and the world will have one less monster to support.

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:09 pm

TAMMY SMITH ARRESTED RE: BABY GABRIEL

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/150179

Tammi Smith arrested in Baby Gabriel case

Mike Sakal, Tribune
February 2, 2010 - 11:47AM
updated: February 2, 2010 - 12:10PM

A woman at the center of an investigation involving missing 9-month-old Gabriel Johnson was arrested Tuesday morning in connection to the case, Tempe police announced.

Tammi Smith, 37, of Scottsdale, was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit custodial interference, custodial interference and forgery, according to information from Tempe police.

Smith was arrested at 11:10 a.m. at her residence in north Scottsdale, police said.

Smith and her husband, Jack Smith, who have been in the national media spotlight involving the story of Gabriel Johnson, were once interested in adopting the child. And as the investigation evolved, the couple was named “persons of interest” in the case. Police believe the Smiths are withholding information that could lead them to the whereabouts of the boy.

Gabriel was last seen in a motel room on Dec. 26 in San Antonio, where his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, took him in the midst of a custody battle in mid-December. On Dec. 27, Johnson told her estranged boyfriend and the baby’s father, Logan McQueary, through a cell phone call and text message that she killed the baby.

Johnson, 23, of Tempe, was arrested on Dec. 30 in Miami Beach, Fla. at a youth hostel without the child and was extradited to Arizona last month.

Johnson also told an FBI investigator that she gave the baby to a couple in a park in San Antonio, and then later said she gave the baby to a couple inside the motel room before signing adoption papers.

Johnson, who was charged with kidnapping, custodial interference and conspiracy to commit custodial interference, is being held in Maricopa County’s Estrella Jail on a $1.1 million cash bond.

Johnson remains uncooperative with authorities in revealing the whereabouts of the child, according to Tempe police.

Tammi Smith is being transported to the Tempe City Jail, and later will be booked into a Maricopa County jail, police said.

Jack Smith, who was contacted by the Tribune on Tuesday morning, wouldn’t immediately comment.
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Uh Oh!
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:33 pm

I am praying that she gave the baby to someone....I don't understand what Tammi S. has to do with it but hopefully being in jail will make her tell what she knows. Baby Gabriel looks neglected to me...this makes me very sad for him. Babies should be loved and protected, my heart bleeds for those who suffer.... Sad
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Dis- I know, I know. He's just a lil baby! kh Sad
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Wow, I hope LE finds this child soon. I bet that if this woman wanted to adopt him, then he's safe somewhere. (At least we can all hope so) but I do find this as a surprise, that she was arrested.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:41 pm

I sure hope he's somewhere safe. I wonder what the forgery charge could be? Custody papers, birth certificate?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Fysty, Piper, Dis~ My hopes are actually up a little that he may be somewhere safe. Saying a silent prayer that this ends well. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:00 pm

I've been praying that he is OK and will be found soon. Hopefully Tammie can help LE to find him.
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:13 pm

This is a strange event... I cant see what LE want with Tammie S ... I do agree that she should have involved LE way bak but since that time, I doubt she has any knowledge of that she wud withold it if she did...

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:04 am

FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next