Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09

+49
Stolat
CuriousPortlander
Gia
qtkitycat
KathyNY
nanshin
snowbird
Marica
glazier
emberl
Fishknees
Willow123
One Wonders
BrowncoatWhit
CA Lady
jacct
Alessandra_Deux
shyloh
Tinyworm
ishi
DebFrmHell
Bmore
Moosiesmama
angiefly2
lostyou
summerthyme
Chester_from_THM
Freckles
tesstruhart
Chickenbutt
flutter1
Ann - Tx
Jaceesmom68
KariBear
TigerMom
pi-girl
sitemama
FystyAngel
Dis
Cali
eva
Estee
Julie
Gotta_Stop
khintx
randilynn
Piper
Snaz
Justice4all
53 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 3 Empty Re: Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09

Post by Justice4all Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:02 pm

Baby Gabriel's mother found competent for trial

by Laurie Merrill - Sept. 23, 2010 02:40 PM
The Arizona Republic

Both the defense and the prosecution now agree: The mother of missing baby Gabriel Johnson is competent to stand trial.

The issue had been a matter of debate. In June, Elizabeth Johnson, 24, of Tempe, was found to be incompetent to understand the proceedings and to assist in her defense.

In August, a court-appointed doctor determined that Johnson was competent to stand trial.

At the time, her attorneys fought that ruling, and an evidentiary hearing on Johnson's competency was scheduled for Thursday.

Instead of continuing to argue the ruling, Johnson's defense team agreed on Thursday to skip the hearing and sign a stipulation that Johnson is competent. Her next court date is Monday.

"Miss Johnson does understand the proceedings" and is capable of assisting in her defense, Maricopa Superior Court Commissioner Stephen Holding said. "Therefore, she is competent to stand trial."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/2010/09/23/20100923baby-gabriel-elizabeth-johnson.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 3 Empty Re: Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09

Post by Justice4all Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Trial Delayed in Baby Gabriel Case

By James King, Mon
Sep. 27 2010 @ 11:48AM

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 3 Elizab10

Elizabeth Johnson, mother of missing baby Gabriel Johnson, was in court again this morning for a pre-trial conference, at which the judge in the case delayed setting a date for trial.

Johnson's been charged with kidnapping, child abuse, and custodial interference in the disappearance of the baby, who went missing last December.

Police still don't know if the boy is even alive, and Johnson's been no help in finding him.

Read more: http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/09/trial_delayed_in_baby_gabriel.php
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:46 pm

Woman in missing baby case can no longer afford her lawyers

Posted: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 4:45 pm
Mike Sakal, Tribune

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 3 02164d10

The lawyers who represented a woman in the case of missing baby Gabriel Johnson since February no longer will be representing her in future court proceedings because they stated in court documents that she no longer can afford to pay them.

Michael Kimerer and Amy Nguyen, who had been representing Tammi Peters Smith since February in the case of the missing boy last seen Dec. 26, filed a notice of withdraw with Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Paul McMurdie on Monday to inform him they no longer would be representing Smith. The lawyers also requested that the court appoint an attorney for her.

Smith, 38, of Scottsdale, has been charged with forgery, custodial interference and conspiracy to commit custodial interference in connection with the case of the missing baby, who last was seen on Dec. 26 with his mother, Elizabeth Johnson at a motel in San Antonio, Texas.

Read more: http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/tempe/article_42c5892e-d0d9-11df-a59a-001cc4c03286.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Elizabeth Johnson's Attorney Alleges Unlawful Questioning
Lawyers file motion to dismiss on Friday

Published : Friday, 08 Oct 2010, 6:29 PM MDT

PHOENIX - Baby Gabriel Johnson has been missing since December 2009, and hasn't been seen since -- his mother is jailed in his kidnapping.

Elizabeth Johnson's attorneys want her case thrown out, claiming her rights were violated by a San Antonio detective who questioned her in jail.

Attorney Nicholas Alcock says that back in May, a detective went to the Maricopa County Jail and questioned Johnson for three hours, without telling her attorneys. He's now asking a judge to dismiss the kidnapping case against her, citing a now-tainted case.

Read more: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/justice/elizabeth-johnson-unlawful-questioning-10-8-2010
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:10 pm

Trial for Baby Gabriel Mom Scheduled for May

By James King, Tue., Nov. 2 2010 @ 8:51AM

We just got word from the Maricopa County Superior Court and were told the long-awaited trial of the mother of missing baby Gabriel Johnson has finally been scheduled.

The trial of Elizabeth Johnson has been scheduled for May 9 and is expected to last three weeks.

Johnson's been charged with kidnapping, child abuse, and custodial interference in the disappearance of the baby, who went missing last December.

Police still don't know if the boy is even alive, and Johnson's been no help in finding him.

Read more: http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/11/trial_for_baby_gabriel_mom_sch.php
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Defense: Adoption talk for missing boy's mom legal

by Associated Press (December 7th, 2010 @ 11:25am)

PHOENIX - The lawyers of a Scottsdale woman who allegedly discussed adopting the young mother of a baby boy as a way to gain custody of the child say that if the allegations were true, those conversations are legal.

Tammi Smith, 38, wanted to adopt Gabriel Johnson and his 24-year-old mother, Elizabeth Johnson, of Tempe, and also discussed seeking a change of venue in the custody case to Tennessee, Maricopa County prosecutors claim.

Gabriel has been missing since nearly a year ago, on Dec. 26, when he was spotted in San Antonio, Texas, with his mother. Johnson faces charges of kidnapping, child abuse, conspiracy to commit custodial interference and custodial interference.

Read more: http://ktar.com/category/local-news-articles/20101207/New-twist-in-Baby-Gabriel-case/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:41 am

Source: Baby Gabriel's Mom Confessed A 2nd Time

Johnson Confession Reportedly Came During Jail Interview

Pat McReynolds, CBS 5 News
POSTED: 1:30 pm MST December 7, 2010

PHOENIX -- A source close to the missing Baby Gabriel investigation has told CBS 5 News that his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, confessed to a San Antonio, Texas, detective in May she killed her son.

That confession came during an unauthorized meeting between Johnson and the detective in the Estrella Jail in Phoenix, a meeting of which her attorney was unaware.

Because the meeting was unauthorized, it is not admissible in court unless there is a ruling otherwise.

Detective John Salame of the San Antonio Police Department might have been just moments away from learning the location of Gabriel Johnson's body when Johnson's attorney appeared and ended the meeting, the source said.

Read more: http://www.kpho.com/news/26050243/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:35 am

Admission of guilt reported in baby's death

Published: 12:00 a.m., Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 3 Johnso10

~Snipped~
The motion alleges Salame then interviewed Johnson, who was on psychotropic medication, for several hours without the presence of her lawyers.

During the interview, the motion claims, Salame was able to convince Johnson that Alcock and Feldman weren't concerned with her well-being or her legal defense and caused her relationship with her lawyers to deteriorate.

SAPD Chief William McManus has said the allegations made about Salame were unsubstantiated and would be answered in court, but declined to comment further.

Feldman found out about the interview while it was taking place and stopped it, Alcock said Wednesday by phone.

Johnson filed a motion to change counsel Sept. 27, and last week attorney Marci Kratter became her lead defense attorney.

Kratter, who said Wednesday she “has no idea what's going on,” confirmed she will represent Johnson at a status conference on the case scheduled for Thursday. She declined further comment.

“The only person who really knows what happened in that meeting was Detective Salame,” Alcock said. “He wasn't on drugs.”

Read more:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Admission-of-guilt-reported-in-baby-s-death-869422.php
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:39 am

Definition of Psychotropic medication:

Psychotropic medication: Any medication capable of affecting the mind, emotions, and behavior. Some medications such as lithium, which may be used to treat depression, are psychotropic. Also called a psychodynamic medication.

She could be on anything. So what are they treating her for - depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or just anxiety & panic attacks??? If she was going to disclose Gabriel's location, they should have let her. I don't understand this, at all!

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:58 am

The messages/revelations and words that this monster made to Gabriels father, and the fact that Baby Gabriel was never seen again, is pretty tell tale..

I dont think the other coule have anythiing to do with it and are just distractions for the defense....

Another KC .....

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:00 am

Piper, me either! WTF?
KariBear
KariBear

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaceesmom68 Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Someday the police and courts will let the lost/hidden/abused and murdered childrens rights come before their abusers and murders? so sad. this baby had a daddy who loved him.

Jaceesmom68

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:03 pm

For those following the Baby Gabriel Johnson case, we have only read about the phone conversation Elizabeth Johnson had with Logan McQueary, Baby Gabriel's father.

KPHO, a Phoenix, Arizona TV station, has obtained the audio to the phone conversation. It is chilling!

Elizabeth reminds me of Casey Anthony. She is a me, me, me person in my opinion!

Here is the article and video which included the chilling phone conversation:
~~~~~

Audio Reveals Elizabeth Johnson's Confession
Mother Of Missing Baby Gabriel Claims She Killed Son To Spite Father

Pat McReynolds
Reporter, KPHO.com

POSTED: 9:09 pm MST December 13, 2010
UPDATED: 8:18 am MST December 14, 2010

Elizabeth Johnson, the boy's mother, maintains that she doesn't know where he is.

But in a phone conversation obtained by CBS 5 News, Johnson says what we had only seen in a text message.

She was on the run at the time, last December in Texas. And in spiteful detail, she explains to the boy's father, Logan McQueary, what she did to her boy.

"Where are you and where is Gabriel?" asks McQueary.

"Gabriel is in a Dumpster," Johnson responds.

Read more: http://www.kpho.com/news/26124485/detail.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Thanks for the link Ann. Whether Elizabeth gave Baby Gabriel away or killed him, she is definitely a cruel, heartless person.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flutter1 Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:11 am

"You left me with no choice," says Johnson. "You'd be surprised what a person will do if you push them enough."
"You made me kill my baby boy," she says. "I suffocated him, he turned blue and that's when I put him in his diaper bag and put him in the trash can."
http://www.whas11.com/news/crimetracker/Baby-Gabriels-mom-admits-to-killing-112197959.html

[My bold added]

I can't believe that this child has been missing almost a year. His mother is obviously a sociopath, blaming the father for her actions. I don't believe she gave Gabriel up to an unknown couple, but I am not sure the Tammi Smith didn't have something to do with his disappearance. She knows more than what she is telling and cannot reveal anymore for fear of implicating herself and her husband.

Sadly, I believe Gabriel is dead and his body disposed of like a useless sock. May God help the investigators to find him and bring justice to those who caused his disappearance.

flutter1
flutter1

Mood : Praying

http://www.flutterbyewings.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaceesmom68 Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:23 pm

I also sadly believe she killed this sweet Angel and threw him in a dumpster somewhere between Texas and Cali, and thats why they didn't find him in the landfill search. I believe if they check other landfills between Texas and cali they will find him.
so sad she has done this.

Jaceesmom68

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:05 pm

How a mother could have such a black heart to harm even a hair on that little angel's head is beyond me. Sadly, I also think her statements tell all. Sad
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:15 am

Jaceesmom68 wrote:I also sadly believe she killed this sweet Angel and threw him in a dumpster somewhere between Texas and Cali, and thats why they didn't find him in the landfill search. I believe if they check other landfills between Texas and cali they will find him.
so sad she has done this.
Hi, Jaceesmom68!

Do you mean Florida? Elizabeth Johnson left Arizona, spent a few days and nights in San Antonio, Tx and caught a bus to Florida. She was arrested in Florida.

I have followed this case closely. I have not seen one article stating Johnson was in California during this time frame.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:36 am

Baby Gabriel's Mom Says She Suffocated Son in Newly Released Audio Recordings
Elizabeth Johnson is in Jail on Kidnapping and Child Abuse Charges While Cops Search for Gabriel

By EMILY FRIEDMAN
ABC News - Good Morning America
Dec. 20, 2010

The mother of missing baby Gabriel is heard in newly released telephone recordings describing how she suffocated her son until he turned blue, stuffed him in his diaper bag and threw him in the trash.

The audio recordings come nearly a year after Gabriel was last seen on Dec. 26, 2009 with his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, in San Antonio, Texas.

Johnson, who is currently jailed in Arizona on kidnapping and child abuse charges that she has pleaded not guilty to, has long insisted that her 8-month-old son Gabriel is alive and that she handed him over to another couple in a San Antonio park.

Snipped from Page 2 of 3:
The photographs were found on Johnson's camera following her arrest Dec. 29 in Miami.

Read more:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-gabriels-mom-admits-killing-son-audio-recordings/story?id=12440607&tqkw=&tqshow=GMA&tqkw=&tqshow=GMA

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:43 am

Hi, flutter1!

Thank you for stopping by RC. Good to see you!

In my opinion, Elizabeth Johnson is a sociopath like Casey Anthony. She reminds me of Casey; definitely a "me, me, me" person.

Sadly, I think Baby Gabriel is dead.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaceesmom68 Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Sorry, I live in Arizona and have also followed this case and the Syler Newton case, Yes it was Florida she went to. and I still believe he was put in a dumpster between Texas and Florida.

Jaceesmom68

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Jaceesmom68 wrote:Sorry, I live in Arizona and have also followed this case and the Syler Newton case, Yes it was Florida she went to. and I still believe he was put in a dumpster between Texas and Florida.
Yes, Jaceesmom68, I think Johnson put Baby Gabriel in a dumpster.

If I remember correctly, she did not use Greyhound when she left San Antonio. She used an "off" bus service. They have quite a few of those in the Houston, San Antonio areas that make runs to Mexico and to the east such as Florida. I understand there are lots of stops.

I admire Sheriff Joe! Wish he was the sheriff in my county. Tent City, pink underwear, chain gang, etc.; sounds like he believes in getting back to basics.

A friend of mine moved to Texas from Arizona about a year ago. She lived in Arizona for 20 years. She loves Sheriff Joe!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaceesmom68 Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:56 pm

I also believe in Sheriff Joe,
alot of people here hate him.(I'm sure it's family members of his inmates) but the way I see it. you are not on vacation.
They ran a special on baby Gabriel here on the news last night. I missed it but recorded it.
How I wish they could find this little Angel

Jaceesmom68

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:25 pm

February 2, 2011

Recording: Detective Says Elizabeth Johnson Admitted Killing Baby Gabriel
Posted: 05:34 PM ET

In an audio recording obtained by CNN affiliate KPHO, a San Antonio police detective reportedly told missing baby Gabriel Johnson’s father that the boy’s mother admitted to killing him when he interviewed her in jail last summer.

According to KPHO, Detective Jesse Salame called Logan McQueary and attempted to explain why he questioned Elizabeth Johnson without her attorneys present—an action that the defense has tried to use as a basis for dismissing the kidnapping case against her.

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 3 Johnso10

In the recorded call, Salame reportedly states that Johnson said she killed the 8-month-old child because “she was frustrated with everything and frustrated with you and frustrated with Tammi [Smith]” and she didn’t want either of them to get custody of Gabriel. KPHO also reports that Salame claimed he was close to getting her to tell him where Gabriel was when her attorneys interrupted them.

On Monday, Johnson refused to attend a status conference in Maricopa County Superior Court where a judge scheduled arguments for March 1 on her attorneys’ motion to dismiss the case. A supplement to the prosecution’s response to that motion was ordered sealed, along with their objection to Johnson’s waiver of appearance at court hearings.

Johnson has been charged with kidnapping, child abuse and custodial interference in connection with the disappearance of Gabriel, who was last seen with her in San Antonio on December 27, 2009. Though she initially told McQueary, her boyfriend, that she had killed Gabriel and thrown his body away in a diaper bag, she has since maintained that she actually gave him to an unidentified couple in a San Antonio park. Authorities have found no evidence to support that claim.

Also on Monday, a letter that Johnson wrote to Judge Paul J. McMurdie in December was entered into the record. In the handwritten letter, she acknowledges that contacting him is probably “inappropriate” but she is “against conformity,” and she does not care if her attorneys disapprove of her behavior “because I believe in myself and my case.”

Johnson complains about the “dreadful mugshot” that “’they’ love using” and the “great negative ‘stigma’” that the media has placed on her. She says that she hopes the judge—who she hears is “not the best, nor the worst judge I could have”—will give her a fair trial despite all of that. Still, she states that she believes that the legal system is “corrupt, unfair and unjust,” based on her experience so far.

Johnson closes the letter by telling McMurdie that “I am not what ‘they’ say I am. Not in the least! I will tell you what I am; I am love! And not one drop of cowardice runs in my blood! I was not born in vain, nor will I die in vain. (I may have lived in vain)”

Two other letters were filed with the court on Monday. In one, a former San Antonio telecommunications official claims to have evidence of criminal activity within the San Antonio Police Department that he says taints anything they are involved with, including this case. The second letter is from Elizabeth Johnson’s “Religious Advisor” at Maricopa County Jail, who says that Johnson has been “completely cooperative and responsive,” has “manifested willingness to learn and grow” and “manifests a spirit of genuine kindness and concern for others.”

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/02/recording-detective-says-elizabeth-johnson-admitted-killing-baby-gabriel/#more-4146
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Anthony case eerily similar to Elizabeth Johnson, Baby Gabriel

Updated: Jul 07, 2011 2:56 PM EDT
By Pat McReynolds

TEMPE, Ariz. (KPHO) -

As the rest of the country digested the controversial outcome in the Casey Anthony trial, many residents of the Valley couldn't help but draw comparisons to another case involving a small child: That of missing Baby Gabriel and his jailed mother, Elizabeth Johnson.

Among the many extreme and passionate reactions to the Casey Anthony verdict, was an Internet post from a Valley man who's opinion should matter more than most.

Logan McQueary, the father of Gabriel Johnson, a boy who has been missing for a year and a half after his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, fled with him to Texas.

McQueary wrote of the verdict, "Casey Anthony not guilty? Total 100% B. S. ... There is a God/Higher power out there ... and she will get what's coming to her. I hope she does go to Hell..."

There are striking similarities in the cases of Elizabeth Johnson, who turns 24 this month, and 25-year-old Casey Anthony.

Read more: http://www.kpho.com/story/15041761/casey-anthony-case-eerily-similar-to-that-of-elizabeth-johnson-and-missing-baby-gabriel
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:21 pm

How sad, another sweet angle baby who may never see justice. Sad
KariBear
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Poor child. I can't imagine how his father feels. Logan must be constantly thinking, "Where's my son?", hoping for an answer that may or may not ever come to him. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Welcome to RC, PrimaOnPointe.
I hope answers are found soon in this case.
The worst part has got to be not knowing.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:53 pm

I too want to welcome you to RC PrimaOnPointe. There are too many unanswered questions to a lot of these cases and I doubt we will ever know the answers if we are waiting for the suspects to tell us.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Mom's letters reveal possible clues about Baby Gabriel's disappearance

Reported by: Elsa Ramon
Updated: 9/20 10:11 am

PHOENIX -- We are learning more about the Baby Gabriel case in letters written by Gabriel's mother Elizabeth Johnson. The 45-pages worth of letters were released Monday by a judge in Arizona.

Baby Gabriel hasn't been seen alive since December of 2009 when he was here in San Antonio. His mother Elizabeth Johnson is charged with kidnapping, child abuse, and custodial interference and is being held without bond in Arizona.

Read more: http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Moms-letters-reveal-possible-clues-about-Baby/mMcH1WqbrEifZUzK-jXLPA.cspx

Read the letters: http://www.woai.com/media/lib/12/a/8/e/a8e0815a-1921-46d9-9caa-fb1a6f01a497/Johnsonletterstojudge.PDF
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:48 am

Mother of Baby Gabriel found incompetent to stand trial

by Weldon B. Johnson - Sept. 30, 2011 03:27 PM
The Arizona Republic

The judge in the case of missing Baby Gabriel ruled Friday that the baby's mother, Elizabeth Johnson, is incompetent to stand trial but asked doctors to try again to prepare her to face a jury.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Paul McMurdie ordered a report within 60 days on whether Johnson could be restored to competency through therapy or medication.

Johnson, 25, of Tempe, has been charged with kidnapping, child abuse, custodial interference and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

She has been held without bond at Estrella Jail since January 2010.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/2011/09/30/20110930baby-gabriel-mother-incompetent-trial.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:50 pm

After reading her letters I can't decide if she is brilliant or just pathetic...This is one way to delay, delay, delay...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:51 pm

Baby Gabriel's mother fit to stand trial, expert says

by Kevin Kennedy - Dec. 7, 2011 06:13 PM

12 News - The Arizona Republic
Phoeniz, AZ

Elizabeth Johnson, the mother of missing Baby Gabriel, is competent to stand trial, a Maricopa County psychologist said at a hearing Wednesday.

Maricopa County Judge Paul McMurdie ruled in October that Johnson, 25, was "incompetent but restorable to stand trial," and ordered a medical report on her status within 60 days. At the time, Johnson's attorneys fought the ruling, saying Johnson had serious mental health issues.

"This is clearly a woman with a problem, she is not just being manipulative," said defense attorney Marci Kratter.

Read more:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/12/07/20111207baby-gabriel-mom-fit-stand-trial-expert-says.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:13 am

Ok...So this is gonna be delayed until another legal team is set to go...I don't think she is gonna be going anywhere and she definately won't be having a Merry Christmas...She's gonna be locked up for a long time...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Mother of missing Baby Gabriel will stand trial

Posted: Dec 07, 2011 7:14 AM CST
Updated: Dec 07, 2011 11:52 AM CST

By Robert Curry
By Pat McReynolds
Submitted by Breann Bierman

KPHO - Phoenix, AZ

PHOENIX (KPHO) - The mother charged in the disappearance of her son Gabriel Johnson will stand trial.

Wednesday was Elizabeth Johnson's first court appearance since she was ruled incompetent to stand trial.

Snipped:

Johnson's trial date has been set for Jan. 6.

Read more:

http://www.kpho.com/story/16207085/mother-of-baby-gabriel-back-in-court
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Mother found fit to stand trial in Baby Gabriel case

Posted: Friday, December 9, 2011 1:24 pm
Updated: 10:50 am, Sat Dec 10, 2011.

By Mike Sakal
East Valley Tribune - Tempe, AZ

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 3 4e90279ce8684.preview-300

Elizabeth and Gabriel Johnson

Once again, the mother of missing Baby Gabriel Johnson, who wouldn't be a baby anymore if he's still alive, has been found fit to stand trial.

And once again, a team of attorneys who were defending Elizabeth Johnson, 25, of Tempe, informed Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Paul McMurdie that they are withdrawing from the case.

They have contended all along that Johnson has "serious" mental issues and is not fit to stand trial. They say their relationship is broken with her because she will not focus on the case and assist in her defense.

Through it all, Johnson, 25, has been held without bond in a Maricopa County jail for nearly two years on charges of kidnapping, child abuse, custodial interference and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

Read more:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/article_33b94c22-22a4-11e1-8df9-0019bb2963f4.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Estee wrote:Ok...So this is gonna be delayed until another legal team is set to go...I don't think she is gonna be going anywhere and she definately won't be having a Merry Christmas...She's gonna be locked up for a long time...

Estee, I totally agree. She's not going anywhere. Ann, thanks for the updates. I haven't been able to keep up with many cases and I greatly appreciate the updates from everyone on these cases. afro
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Piper, you are welcome!

I want you to know that you are greatly missed here! You were instrumental in keeping so many of the cases updated. Your updates are really missed.

I hope all is going well with your dad and family. Maybe in a few months you will be able to be active here again.

I am so excited when I see you comment! You have not forgotten us at Reality Chatter! ♥️

((((( Hugs to Piper))))) Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 3 803492
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:00 am

“Baby Gabriel” age-progressed composite photo released

SAN ANTONIO - A new development in the case of missing Baby Gabriel. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released a composite of what Gabriel Johnson would look like today. The photo was age-progressed to two years.

Read more & see picture:
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Baby-Gabriel-age-progressed-composite-photo/ak2dHdUqIE2xU-xh1TZvvw.cspx?rss=68
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:21 am

Julie wrote:“Baby Gabriel” age-progressed composite photo released

SAN ANTONIO - A new development in the case of missing Baby Gabriel. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released a composite of what Gabriel Johnson would look like today. The photo was age-progressed to two years.

Read more & see picture:
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Baby-Gabriel-age-progressed-composite-photo/ak2dHdUqIE2xU-xh1TZvvw.cspx?rss=68
Julie, thanks for the update. I'll post the coposite of the age-progressed pic.

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 3 Story
Gabriel's photo was age-progressed to 2 years.

Source:

WOAI San Antonio, Tx 12-27-11
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:04 am

Thanks Ann.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:24 am

I pray that he is safe and sound with a loving family...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:49 am

This article made me LOL! Elizabeth Johnson is back at square 1 with the public defender who represented her 2 years ago.

That is better known as "going full circle!"
_______

Case involving Gabriel Johnson back in court

Posted: Jan 06, 2012 5:18 PM CST
Updated: Jan 06, 2012 5:20 PM CST

By Jennifer Jones
KPHO - Phoenix, AZ

PHOENIX (KPHO) - The case involving Elizabeth Johnson was back in court this morning.

The mother of missing Gabriel Johnson was assigned a new attorney and it turns out it's a familiar face.

Read more:

http://www.kpho.com/story/16465553/case-involving-missing-toddler-back-in-court
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:31 am

Gabriel's mother competent to stand trial

Posted: Feb 10, 2012 6:22 PM CST
Updated: Feb 10, 2012 6:23 PM CST

By Breann Bierman
KPHO - Phoenix, AZ

PHOENIX (CBS5) -
The mother of missing baby Gabriel was back in court Friday morning.

Elizabeth Johnson still didn't offer up any details about where her son might be.

The judge in the case ruled Friday that as long as she gets her medication, she is competent and will stand trial in September.

Read more:

http://www.kpho.com/story/16911370/gabriels-mother-competent-to-stand-trial

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 3 16911370_BG1
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Trial in missing 'Baby Gabriel' case still months away

Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 3:27 pm

By Mike Sakal
East Valley Tribune - Tempe, AZ

In another court maneuver and attempt to keep Elizabeth Johnson in check, a clinical liaison has been appointed to make sure the mother of missing “Baby Gabriel” stays on her medication so she remains competent to stand trial.

Yet, the beginning of that trial, which was supposed to start early last month, remains at least seven months away.

Read more:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/cop_shop/article_927e6ef8-5f36-11e1-a7e9-001871e3ce6c.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:32 am

2 women about to face trial in baby Gabriel's disappearance

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 8:43 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 30, 2012 8:56 PM CDT

KPHO - Phoenix, AZ

PHOENIX (CBS5) -
It's been more than two years and it's still unknown what happened to an 8-month-old Valley boy.

Gabriel Johnson disappeared in Texas with his mother, Elizabeth Johnson.

When she was captured, her son was nowhere to be found.

Johnson said she conspired to give her boy up for adoption with the help of another Valley woman, Tammi Smith.

Now, both women are just days away from facing trial for his disappearance.

Snipped:

The trial is set to begin April 9, 2012.

Read more:

http://www.kpho.com/story/17299923/2-women-facing-trial-for-gabriels-disappearance
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:42 pm

Criminal case numbers/info to be used in researching Maricopa County Court of Clerk records for Elizabeth Johnson and Tammi Smith:

These headings are the order in which the following info on Johnson and Smith are indicated. Please reference these headings when reading Johnson & Smith's info:

Party Name - Number
Relationship
Sex
Attorney
Judge
Case #

Elizabeth Joanne Johnson - (2)
Defendant
F
Victor, Marc
McMurdie
CR2010-101760-001

Tammi Peters Smith - (3)
Defendant
F
Phillips, Anne
McMurdie
CR2010-101760-002

At the site (Link below) you can review:

Criminal Court Case Information - Case History

Source:

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2010-101760
Superior Court - Maricopa County, AZ - Criminal Court

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Phone number to contact Judge McMurdie's staff, i.e., Court Clerk, etc.

MCMURDIE, Paul Special Assignment

East Court Building-413

Snipped from history:

2006 - Present:
Judge, Superior Court in Maricopa County

Education:
•J.D., 1985, Arizona State University College of Law

Source:
http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/JudicialBiographies/judicialList.asp?title=1
Superior Court - Maricopa County - AZ
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:06 pm

Baby Gabriel trial: Jury forms, opening arguments up next

Apr. 10, 2012 07:08 PM

by Laurie Merrill
The Republic | azcentral.com
Phoenix, AZ

Tammi Smith, the Scottsdale woman who wanted to adopt Baby Gabriel, is headed for trial on charges connected to the December 2009 disapperance of the 8-month-old child, whose plight remains a mystery.

Read more:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/2012/04/10/20120410baby-gabriel-trial-jury-selection.html
_______

Opening arguments next Tuesday, 4-17-12.

Elizabeth Johnson's trial is scheduled for September, 2012.

Logan McQueary, Baby Gabriel Johnson's biological father, is due in court Monday, 4-16-12, in an unrelated trafficking in stolen property case. McQueary was charged March 30.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Father of Missing Arizona Baby to Testify

Updated: Thursday, 12 Apr 2012, 2:00 PM MST
Published : Thursday, 12 Apr 2012, 2:00 PM MST

KSAZ - Phoenix, AZ

PHOENIX (AP) - Prosecutors say the father of an Arizona baby who disappeared after his mother fled to Texas will be available to testify against another woman charged with interfering with his custody rights.

Read more:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/AZMissing-Arizona-Baby-04122012

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 3 Babygabriel5pm041112_20120411170526_320_240
Logan McQueary
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next