Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hailey Dunn -- Remains found 3/16/2013

+29
Alessandra_Deux
Weeziethm
Randie
carlakay
sitemama
Julie
justanopinion
Nene_Please
foxrider
Estee
Kingdom777
KariBear
medmel
catt
LindaP
Jaceesmom68
khintx
LuLu-Tx
linden
pi-girl
Justice4all
FystyAngel
flutter1
Sherry
elliott49
Cali
Piper
Maat
truthbtold
33 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Hailey Dunn -- Remains found 3/16/2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hailey Dunn -- Remains found 3/16/2013

Post by Julie Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:36 am

Hi elliott49, welcome to RC.

What bothers me is that the scent dogs led officials to a motel.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Hailey Dunn -- Remains found 3/16/2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hailey Dunn -- Remains found 3/16/2013

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:09 am

Hi, elliott49!

Welcome to Reality Chatter (RC)!

Hailey's girlfriend said she and Hailey did not have a sleepover planned and was not expecting Hailey.

Something is very hinky with Hailey's disappearance. I think the boyfriend is involved.
~~~~~~~

Julie, thank you for the update from mainstream media!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:29 am

Welcome to RC, elliot49!~

Yes, it was the boyfriend who said that Hailey was going to the friend's house for a sleepover. Was that said to get more time to cover up a crime? You are right, elliot49, the mom should have called to verify that it was OK for her daughter to stay the night. She would have learned sooner that there were no such plans.
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:40 am

Welcome elliott49! Thanks for new updates Ann and Julie! Hi Sherry -
I was glad to see PEOPLE pick up the story. Nothing new in the article below, but it's great that her face and story will reach such a large readership.
=======================================================================

Mystery Deepens Around Missing Teen Cheerleader
BY ALLA BYRNE
Friday January 07, 2011 03:50 PM EST

Hailey Dunn
Courtesy Colorado City Police Department

[quote]More than a week ago, 13-year-old cheerleader Hailey Dunn vanished from central Texas without a trace.

The last person who saw her was her mother's boyfriend, Shawn Akins, who reportedly says the girl was going to her dad's house and then would spend the night at her friend's place.

Dunn never showed up at either location, according to CNN. Police also say that the friend didn't know Hailey was coming over.

People in her hometown of Colorado City, Texas – located 70 miles west of Abilene – are up in arms because an Amber Alert was never released.

Police tell the Abilene Reporter-News that their requests were denied because there was not enough information that Hailey was abducted.

Adkins has met with police and has not been named as a suspect, but there are conflicting reports about whether he took a polygraph test.

Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, told KTAB news that her boyfriend did indeed take the test, but several other family members have said he refused.

Texas Rangers and Colorado City Police have searched the home Hailey shared with her mother, brother David Dunn, and Adkins, as well as the surrounding area for clues.

According to KTAB, bloodhounds tracked Hailey's trail to a motel near her home last week. Authorities have continued to search the town's wooded areas by horseback and foot.

There is a $25,000 reward is being offered for the girl's safe return.

Anyone with information regarding Hailey's whereabouts can call the Colorado City Police Department at 325-728-5294 or 325-728-3161. [/quot
e]

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20455693,00.html
truthbtold
truthbtold

Mood : Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi elliott49 Hailey Dunn -- Remains found 3/16/2013 - Page 2 864739

Thank you all for the updates. Let's hope for good news today and that this beautiful girl will be brought home safe and sound.

Hailey Dunn -- Remains found 3/16/2013 - Page 2 Hailey11
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:07 pm

FBI joins search for missing 13-year-old cheerleader

Published: 1/07 1:58 pm
Updated: 1/07 3:29 pm

snipped, bold-me:
Hailey Dunn was reportedly last seen leaving her home in Colorado City, Texas on Monday, December 27th. Authorities have yet to determine if Hailey was abducted, but her family says she's not the type to run away. Investigators say they are making progress and are questioning a small group of people who they believe may be involved.

Read more:
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/FBI-joins-search-for-missing-13-year-old/J_AhHQ1T5EeGMZ9Ek5485g.cspx?rss=68
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:12 pm

Not defending the mom or the bf here, but I do think we need to look at this story a little more realistically. Yeah, the bf could have made it up to CYA. But, you have to realize, phone calls don't always happen. If Hailey and the other girl often spent the night together, phone calls may not be made because it is just common place, especially, during a school break. Some parents don't call because they would expect the other parent to call if there was a problem with the child staying, if they know the family well. Some parents are just a little lax on that. And, then again, the boyfriend would have to be concerned that either the mother would call the friend, or even the father, regarding the child. So, by having her stop at TWO places in his story, he added risk of someone finding out sooner the child was missing if he did it.

The hotel really concerns me. 13yo girls are notorious for making stupid decisions and not realizing the consequences. She may have gone to meet someone, thinking they would just meet and have dinner or something, and it turned out bad. Or, she knew she was meeting someone at a hotel for another reason, and thought she was in love, and willingly left, but now it is turning out bad.

My assessment on 13yo girls comes from being a stupid kid myself in the past, a parent of a former 13yo girl, a former middle school teacher, and a child and adolescent therapist. I have dealt with LOTS of kids in this age group. This age seems to be the worst for most girls.

I hope and pray this child is safe. It isn't looking good right now, but there is still a lot of hope.
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:36 pm

snipped from NG transcripts on 1/6/11

GRACE: What about that, Billie? I know that she was seen by neighbors around lunchtime, noon in the backyard by herself, talking on a cell phone, right?

DUNN: Right. And I`m guessing the police would have asked that same neighbor, was my car here yet? Was Shawn home yet? They`ve talked to his mom and an uncle who stopped by his mom`s house saying that he was there. The police have never told me -- well, they said Shawn came home earlier than that or --

Read more:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is this saying an uncle said he was at Hailey's house, or am I reading it wrong?

Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:36 pm

Also from NG, Hailey's Dad:

GRACE: OK, to Clint Dunn, this is Hailey`s father.

Clint, from where you live, can you see your daughter`s home?

CLINT DUNN, DAD OF MISSING TEEN CHEERLEADER HAILEY B. DUNN: Yes, I can stand on the back porch and see her front door.

GRACE: Did you look over there during that day?

C. DUNN: Yes, I look over there constantly, all the time.

GRACE: Could you see -- could you see Shawn Adkins` car there the whole afternoon?

C. DUNN: I`m not even sure. They park the car around the back, so I really can`t see the car very well from my house.

Read more:
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Latest Information on the Disappearance of Hailey Dunn

KWES - Midland, TX
Updated: Jan 08, 2011 10:06 AM CST

1/8/11 Update, 10:05 a.m.:

Read more: http://www.kwes.com/Global/story.asp?S=13804937

NewsWest9's Geena Martinez says Colorado City City Manager reports no new details have emerged in the investigation this morning. Next official update will come this afternoon.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Hailey Dunn Story Thickens: Nancy Grace gets It Wrong

January 08, 2011 12:20 PM EST
Gather.com

The missing 13-year-old Texas girl, Hailey Dunn, has still not been found. As time goes on, however, controversy and conflicting stories are starting to rise. HLN’s Nancy Grace adds to the issue by not checking information broadcast on her show Thursday night.

Searchers are still working the woods for the girl but have found no clues as to her whereabouts. However, in the mean time, the investigation of her disappearance thickens as new information becomes known. Recent polygraph tests are providing conflicting stories about who passed and who failed. Texas authorities have made public statements to dispel rumors started by the Nancy Grace show on Thursday.

Read more:
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978890807

Note: The above in the article bolded by: Ann-Tx
~~~~~~~

In my opinion, the staff of the Nancy Grace Show needs to do their homework. This is not the first time they reported inaccurate info. They reported some inaccurate info regarding the Jonathan Foster Case, Houston, Harris County, Tx (recent case).

They have also reported inaccurate info in other cases. It amazes me that there will be doc dumps in the Casey Anthony Case and they are discussing certain things regarding the doc dump. It is apparent they have not completely and thoroughly read an item they may be discussing.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Reading through the press updates posted on this page alone - so many contradictions reported on 1/7/11.

Texas Trooper Dean (to KTAB) and City Planner Kampfer say (in a release from his office) both say that LE is looking at everyone and anyone, not a small number of people. Then WOAI reports investigators saying that they've narrowed it down to a small group who they believe may be involved. Billie Dunn says she was told that her bf and she both failed Polys. Her son says that bf refused to ever take a poly. LE says that they never revealed results of any test to anyone. All of these contradictions were released within hours of each other on the same day. WTH is going on? Someone needs to take the reins on this investigation pronto, imo. There is clearly no one in charge and that could really impede the effectiveness of the investigation to find Hailey.

Maat, I agree that it's too early to assume the bf or the family is involved and there is still a lot of room for hope. The bf needs to be grilled and checked out quickly because he was the last person to report seeing and talking to her and his routine was altered on that day. If it's not him, the faster they can clear him the more resources can be focused elsewhere. One of many things I find curious is why LE hadn't poly'd the bio dad and his girlfriend right away. Wouldn't that be normal procedure, especially since they lived across the street?

I've seen it posted as fact on other sites that Dad's gf reportedy said she saw Hailey on the 27th, and then said she wasn't sure? Also, that Dad was arrested for some unrelated crime the week before Hailey disappeared. If anyone has any links or verification, appreciated. I haven't been able to find anything.
truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Julie wrote:snipped from NG transcripts on 1/6/11

GRACE: What about that, Billie? I know that she was seen by neighbors around lunchtime, noon in the backyard by herself, talking on a cell phone, right?

DUNN: Right. And I`m guessing the police would have asked that same neighbor, was my car here yet? Was Shawn home yet? They`ve talked to his mom and an uncle who stopped by his mom`s house saying that he was there. The police have never told me -- well, they said Shawn came home earlier than that or --

Read more:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is this saying an uncle said he was at Hailey's house, or am I reading it wrong?

I think the Uncle visited the BF's mother while the BF was visiting her at that time. The mother would have been told by neighbors, she believes, if he had been at her house at that time.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:58 pm

Sherry wrote:
Julie wrote:snipped from NG transcripts on 1/6/11

Read more:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think the Uncle visited the BF's mother while the BF was visiting her at that time. The mother would have been told by neighbors, she believes, if he had been at her house at that time.

Sherry, thanks for answering, this sentence still doesn't make sense to me.

"They`ve talked to his mom and an uncle who stopped by his mom`s house saying that he was there."

Me disecting: they've talked to his mom and an uncle (whose uncle? Hailey's or Shawn's uncle?) who stopped by his mom's house saying that he 'was there'. (where? Hailey's house?)

Hope that makes sense.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Julie, I'm thinking the mom and uncle (of Shawn's) are saying that Shawn was at his mother's house at the time in question. That he was not at Hailey's house.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Oh, OK, I see what you're saying. That makes sense. Thanks.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:43 pm

I also understood that Billie was saying LE had spoken with Shawn's mom and his uncle (his alibi witnesses for the 27th, before he returned to Billie's house). I wonder if these were the 2 or 3 people Billie referred to on NG Thursday as "other people failed their polys the first couple of times too (para)". We know the dad had not taken a poly at that time and nothing has been mentioned about dad's live-in gf taking one. Speculating that they'd want to talk to Shawn's alibi witnesses urgently after classifying Hailey as a missing person.

truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:46 pm

UPDATE 1:25 PM.: Search for Hailey Dunn moves north
DPS sets up staging area in Dunn

By Staff Report

San Angelo Standard Times

Posted January 8, 2011 at 1:45 p.m

The search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has expanded northward from Colorado City, the Department of Public Safety announced Saturday morning.

In a news release, Trooper Sparky Dean of the Abilene DPS office said, "A temporary staging area will be set up in the community of Dunn, Texas, Saturday morning. This could be one of several in the next few days as the search for Hailey continues and broadens in scope."

Read more:
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/08/update-125-pm-search-hailey-dunn-moves-north/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Latest Information on the Disappearance of Hailey Dunn

Updated: Jan 08, 2011 12:34 PM CST

1/8/11 Update, 12:30 p.m.: Officials say that the canvassing of Hailey's neighborhood will be finished today. A temporary staging area is being set up in Dunn, Texas today as well. This is one of several staging areas that could be set up as the search expands in scope. Trooper Sparky Dean says there are several areas of interest that will be explored today or at a later date.

NewsWest9's Geena Martinez reports that volunteer search efforts continue and that organizers say they have heard people are coming in from as far away as Austin to assist.

Read more:
http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13804937
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Hailey Dunn Update: Law Enforcement Search 6 Mile Radius In Town Of Dunn, North Of Colorado City

By Jacqueline Hince, KTXS News - Abilene, TX
POSTED: 7:08 pm CST January 8, 2011
UPDATED: 7:10 pm CST January 8, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Now onto the latest in the search for missing 13 year old Hailey Dunn, police and law enforcement have spent the day combing a 6 mile stretch in the town of Dunn just north of Colorado City.

Read more: http://www.ktxs.com/news/26413415/detail.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Vigil Sunday In Sweetwater For Missing Colorado City
Teen

POSTED: 7:13 pm CST January 8, 2011
UPDATED: 8:26 pm CST January 8, 2011

SWEETWATER, Texas -- Sunday many are expected to gather at a prayer vigil in Sweetwater, to pray for Hailey's safe return.

According to the Facebook page, "Find Hailey Dunn", the vigil will be Sunday at 5:00 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church's parking lot.

Read more: http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26413505/detail.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by elliott49 Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:52 pm

I think Hailey is dead.think bf was culprit..Why in the world would mom have him move in,he was already freeloding off other people..not very produtive,an child had issuse with..was bf so important that he disruped household an she allowed discord in their relationship!!!no man is worth that..I pray they find her alive an well..if that is not the case I hope they find her to put her to rest.an find sicko to get punishment that is due....

elliott49

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Command center set up in Dunn

Colorado City Record - Colorado City, TX
By Staff
Posted January 8, 2011 - 3:00pm

Volunteers will continue searching today for missing Hailey Dunn, whose story has spread nation-wide.

Approximately 100 volunteers met this morning and began a search that centered around the Dunn area, north of Colorado City.

A temporary command post has been set up at the Dunn Community Center, according to DPS Trooper Sparky Dean. Shawn Adkins is said to be in Dunn, but Dean stated that the lead investigators are following up on in the small town is not connected to the fact that Adkins is staying with relatives in the area.

Read more: http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/command-center-set-dunn
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi, elliott49!

Yes, I think Hailey is dead.

I can not understand some of these mothers and their boyfriends. I wonder are they that desperate for a man!

I think the Prosecutors in the Emma Thompson Case, Houston, Harris County, Tx said it best: Lucas Coe was more important to Abigail Young than her own daughter, Emma Thompson.

Not using names in the above statement: "The boyfriend was more important to the mother than her own child!"

Here lately that seems to be the situation in so many of the child missing and/or murder cases.

Just disgusting!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:58 pm

Town of Dunn center of search for missing teen
Officers also canvassing Colorado City

HANNAH BOEN Scripps Texas Newspapers
Posted January 8, 2011 at 8:26 p.m.

COLORADO CITY — Law enforcement officials continued to work through the weekend to find teenager Hailey Darlene Dunn, who was reported missing Dec. 28.

The area of focus for those searching for clues Saturday was about 15 miles north of Colorado City, near the community of Dunn. Senior Trooper Sparky Dean said the area already had been searched from the air by helicopter but law enforcement now was using a combination of officers on foot, horseback and all-terrain vehicles to take a closer look.

In what law enforcement emphasized is an unrelated incident, a 15-year-old female, who said she was in town to visit a relative, reported Saturday morning that a Hispanic male tried to force her into a vehicle. The alleged victim was found to be a runaway from Lubbock and she was arrested.

Senior Trooper Sparky Dean of the Department of Public Safety said “investigators believe this alleged event was not a part of the task force investigation” of the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.

Hailey Dunn, 13, reportedly last was seen by her mother’s live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, on Dec. 27. Adkins reported he was told by the teenager that she would be walking to her dad’s house, then spending the night with a friend. Hailey’s dad said she did not visit him that day and the mother of her friend, Mary Beth Garcia, said Dunn did not spend the night in their home.

In addition to the search in the Dunn area, Dean said officers continued a door-to-door canvass of homes in Colorado City to search for physical evidence and information regarding the girl’s disappearance. The search included garages and sheds, he said, to try to find “a Hailey that’s hiding.”

Authorities have not ruled out that Hailey ran away, and they have not found evidence of criminal activity.

“We haven’t found that smoking gun, that bloody knife,” Dean said.

Law enforcement’s goal for the weekend, he said, is to continue to chase leads. Those leads are coming in a variety of ways, he said.

A tip line set up for the missing teen said gotten an average of 30 calls per day according to City Manager Pete Kampfer, who has acted as a spokesman for the Colorado City Police Department. In addition, plainclothes officers have gathered information from residents, and land searches have turned up other information, he said

Adkins has family members who live in Dunn and although some community members want to link the search in that area to Billie Jean Dunn’s boyfriend, Dean said he could not confirm a connection.

“Everybody’s a suspect, and nobody’s a suspect,” he said.

Dean said the search in Dunn will most likely be wrapped up today, but law enforcement will carry on with searches in any area they believe could yield a discovery.

“No Sunday church for us,” Kampfer said.

Dean said since there has been no evidence of foul play or criminal activity, he still has hope of finding Hailey alive. A big obstacle, he said, are witnesses who have been deceptive in their answers.

Kampfer and Dean estimated that approximately 25 square miles of Colorado City have been searched, in addition to 6 square miles in Dunn.

In addition the searches being done by law enforcement, residents took up a search of their own Friday afternoon, which continued into Saturday.

Colorado City resident Stephanie Boyd organized Friday’s search and her cousin, Bubba Limones, continued the search Saturday.

Limones, who works for Colorado City Independent School District’s technology department, said approximately 200 people gathered at 9 a.m. to search for clues on foot and by Saturday evening, the group had covered all of Mitchell County.

“We’ve lived here our whole lives,” he said of himself and Boyd. “We just care about this town and about each other.”
==================================
bolded font is by me, not the author - just found those two statements discouraging...

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/08/town-of-dunn-center-of-search-for-missing-teen/
truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:25 pm

I still think there's a decent chance that Hailey's alive.

While the bf is very suspicious to me, he'd have to be pretty brazen to force Hailey out of her house with her brother coming and going, dad always keeping an eye on the front of the house, and the "observant" neighbor who saw Hailey in the back by the shed all of the time. Guess he could have followed her in Billie's car and done something after she left the house though - but, again, high risk of being seen in the day time...

I think Ann-Tx and elliott49's theory is the mostly likely, but holding on to the hope that she left or was abducted and is alive somewhere....

truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:02 am

Cities Come Together to Find Hailey Dunn

By Geena Martinez
NewsWest 9

COLORADO CITY - West Texans have come together to help search for missing cheerleader, Hailey Dunn.

Everyday, people are showing up in droves, ready to help out.

On Saturday, those folks told NewsWest 9, they're not giving up until they find Hailey.

"I've got children and I hope that if it ever happens to me, I'd want the community and everybody to do the same for me," concerned resident, Timothy Boyd, said.

Without a trace of Hailey Dunn anywhere in sight, the citizens of Colorado City and surrounding towns are stepping up their efforts to find the missing 13-year-old.

Read more:
http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13809863
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:23 am

The linked article below (it's too long to post) has interviews about Hailey's life, background on the parents and mom's boyfriend Shawn.... Much of the content comes from neighbors and associates of the family, so it could be skewed by perception, but at least we're getting a little more background. Notable to me:

1. Billie and Shawn have no criminal record

2. Dad (Clint) has arrests for burglary and marijuana possession, including one at end of December.

3. No mention of dad's girlfriend who reportedly lives with him and their 5 month old baby across the street from Hailey (why are we not hearing anything about her still? she is another adult in Hailey's life and was home on 12/27 when Hailey was allegedly going to dad's house - this puzzles me).

4. Hailey's dislike of Shawn had not subsided (conflicts with what Billie indicated on Nancy Grace), she was at Clint's all of the time and telling people she wanted to move in with him. The situation came to a head around Christmas.

5. Hailey was sweet and smart, but also tough.

6. MaryBeth (Hailey's best friend) wasn't allowed to stay overnight at Hailey's anymore because they were out wandering the street with other kids.

7. Billie and Clint (parents) had a history of screaming and volatile exchanges, but all the adults living so close seemed to get along okay.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/?partner=RSS
truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:47 am

If Hailey had a habit of wandering the streets at night, like 13yo girls do when they think they are grown up and invincible, then it is not a big stretch to think she met someone online and struck up a conversation, or even those stupid telephone chat lines.

I have had more girls I have worked with who get on those lines and talk to grown men very suggestively thinking they are sounding all grown up. These men can smell a young girl a mile away and they chat with them until the girl thinks she knows them. Then it is just a lapse of judgment to agree to meet them one time. It has led to many horrendous situations. And little girls in big trouble they didn't even see coming.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:51 am

Maat wrote:
These men can smell a young girl a mile away and they chat with them until the girl thinks she knows them. Then it is just a lapse of judgment to agree to meet them one time. It has led to many horrendous situations. And little girls in big trouble they didn't even see coming.
------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Maat, I can see how it could happen - scary. Especially if she's talking to a manipulative older man about her troubles at home and he positions himself as the only one who understands her and is on her side.... Easy prey.

I think either she got into it again with someone at home or someone at her dad's house and she ended up getting killed. Or, she planned to meet up with a stranger from on-line/phone chat who had other ideas. I don't think she'd runaway with literally nothing but the clothes on her back. A stranger abduction is still possible, but her state of mind would need to be considered when prioritizing the possibilities for investigation. I I can see why LE is having a hard time determining where to focus. I can also understand better why LE considered her a possible runaway at first, especially if they knew some of the real story about the friction at home at that time (though they still should have treated her as a missing person, imo).

I'm thinking the alleged deception in LE interviews and polys may surround the depth of the problems at home and possibly drug use (by the adults).

truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:15 am

You all are so impressive. praise
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:40 pm

TWO GIRLS ASKED TO COME FORWARD IN DUNN DISAPPEARANCE
Reported by: Austin Kellerman
Sunday, January 09 2011

Law enforcement in Colorado City is asking that two girls come forward who may have information about the whereabouts of missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. A new witness came forward over the weekend and told authorities that he or she spotted Hailey walking with two other girls on Manuel Street in Colorado City.

The witness couldn't recall whether she spotted the trio on Sunday, December 26 or Monday, December 27. The witness recalls seeing the girls in the afternoon.

"These girls are not suspects," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean. "These girls may not realize that they have some very valuable information."

Dean went on to say if the trio was walking together on Monday, the two girls may be able to provide key details to law enforcement.

Law enforcement is asking anyone else who saw the two girls walking with Hailey or might have information regarding who the girls are to call the Colorado City Police Department at 325-728-5294.

Dean said he and City Manager Pete Kampfer have been asked to speak at Colorado City Middle School at 8 a.m. Monday to update students on the investigation.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329606
====================================

Please let these girls have some valuable information.....
truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:17 pm

LE either has some pretty strong evidence that Hailey left the home voluntarily, or they are digging themselves a hole with the statements by Dean below. Hoping for the former...
=====================================
Investigators: Key Players Changing Stories in Dunn Case
Reported by: Austin Kellerman
Sunday, January 09 2011

Investigators say one of their biggest obstacles right now in tracking down 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has been the family and friends of the missing Colorado City girl. "The story of some of the key players continues to change even as recently as last night," said Senior Texas DPS Trooper Sparky Dean. "It's very frustrating for law enforcement."

During a news conference Sunday afternoon, Dean elaborated and pointed the finger at those closest to Hailey.

"The family has not been forthcoming in their discernment of the truth," added Dean.

Dean didn't elaborate much beyond that -- only adding that investigators still haven't found evidence of foul play. He says they continue to question people just in case this transitions into a criminal investigation. Dean added that law enforcement continues to be hopeful Hailey is hiding somewhere.

"I'm confident we'll find Hailey," said Dean. "I don't think Hailey wants to be found. I believe she's hiding. She's probably scared at this point. We're going to find her."

Dean noted that while volunteer searches have been looking through fields and wooded areas, law enforcement's primary mission has been to find Hailey "standing up."

Dean and City Manager Pete Kampfer did reveal that a new witness has come forward that claims to have spotted Hailey walking with two other girls near the time of her reported disappearance.

Dean said that over the weekend, law enforcement did a fairly thorough search of the Dunn area. He went on to say it's likely officers could return at some point to follow up on new leads. However, he said efforts for the time being will be focused on other areas.

"We're knocking on doors; we're find where Hailey is not," said Dean. "We can utilize our resources elsewhere. It's kind of negative, but also positive also."

Dean said he would not be releasing any information about what sort of evidence has been found in the search. He added anything found in the Dunn area would be taken in by law enforcement and held for prosecutors in case it turned out to be evidence in the case.

Dean praised the efforts of local law enforcement and said any speculation that the Colorado City Police Department didn't do enough -- early enough -- is incorrect.

Dean went on to add that many experts have been called to help in various fields. He said as the investigation progresses it's likely more experts could be called in to help.

During Sunday's news conference, authorities also revealed school administrators have a video of Hailey walking that might be released to the media on Monday.

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000. They previously estimated much higher at $25,000.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329616

Note: bolding is mine, not the author's
truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:21 pm

It is leaning towards her meeting someone willingly. Not that it makes it any safer, but it is the direction they are considering. I think her 2 friends know she was "in love" and meeting him for the first time. A big planned event for her. Then it turned wrong.

I hope it is just her being scared and afraid to come home more than anything else.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Possible that Hailey threatened to leave or left a note, but the family doesn't know where she went. After waiting a day or two, in desperation to find her, they have been lying about the fact that she wouldn't run off. I feel the situation at her home(s) was not at all happy or secure and she sure seemed to be unaccounted for a lot of the time. Still don't know if she spent the night at dad's on the 26th or if the day of the 26th was actually the last time she was seen (at dad's). We also know nothing about the relationship with dad's girlfriend and Hailey's new baby sibling...

Thought it was odd that Dean clarified the reward money is 15k and not the 25k previously estimated. Unless he was specifically asked about that, it seems to devalue information leading to her return. Wonder if LE thinks there might be some kind of conspiracy for reward money and/or donations. Speculation only..
truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Colorado City Police: Inconsistent Statements Making Investigation Of Missing Teen Tough

KTXS - Abilene, Tx

POSTED: 4:31 pm CST January 9, 2011
UPDATED: 4:35 pm CST January 9, 2011

Colorado City Police struggle with inconsistent statements, as they work to create a time line of when 13 year old Hailey Dunn went missing.

They say a new lead, from a witness who saw Hailey either Sunday December 26th, or Monday December 27th, walking on Manual Street in Colorado City with two girls could be helpful information.

Read more:
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26419095/detail.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:41 am

Official, trooper to discuss 'lead' in missing Colorado City teen's case with students today

Abilene Reporter News - Abilene, Tx
Posted January 9, 2011 at 10:45 p.m.

Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean said he plans on accompanying Pete Kampfer, city manager and Colorado City police department spokesman, at 8 a.m. Monday to the district’s middle school to address students about the disappearance of missing teen Hailey Dunn.

Kampfer and Dean plan also to speak at the high school, he said Sunday.

Read more: http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/09/official-trooper-to-discuss-lead-with-students/
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:47 am

Gathering held with missing girl in their prayers

San Angelo Standard Times - San Angelo, Tx

Posted January 9, 2011 at 9:56 p.m.,
Updated January 9, 2011 at 10:12 p.m.

SAN ANGELO, Texas — At least 100 people gathered at First United Methodist Church in Sweetwater and approximately 130 took part at Towle Memorial Park’s Scurry County Pavilion in Snyder as part of vigils Sunday evening to pray for the safe return of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.

Hailey’s parents, Clint Dunn and Billie Jean Dunn, attended the vigil in Snyder.

Read more: http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/09/hailey-in-their-prayers/

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:14 am

Hailey Dunn: Unfolding a story of a missing teenager and her family

By Brian Bethel
Abilene Reporter-News - Abilene, Tx

Posted January 8, 2011 at 11 p.m.

COLORADO CITY — A few streets away from where Hailey Dunn lives, Tim Beights surveyed a quiet street. As evening’s chill began to subtly spread Wednesday, he gestured, a sadness seemingly washing over his gaze.

“This neighborhood has 10 to 15 kids that play every day,” Beights said. “It’s vacant.”

Like most in this Mitchell County town, Beights said he pines for the return of the 13-year-old who vanished from the community of 4,500 on Dec. 27.

But deep down, most everyone also is afraid, he said, that the days without Hailey are hurrying on now like an approaching dark.

“It’s getting too long, and no one can find her,” he said. “She should have shown up by now. A 13-year-old girl is going to tell somebody something — a friend, somebody.”

Read more: http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/?partner=popular
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:20 am

Hailey Dunn: A timeline of events

Abilene Reporter News - Abilene, Tx
Posted January 8, 2011 at 10:41 p.m.

@Graphic-body 8/9:n Monday, Dec. 27: Hailey Dunn tells her mother’s boyfriend that she is walking to her dad’s house, then spending the night with her friend. That is the last time she reportedly was seen.

n Tuesday, Dec. 28: Billie Jean reports her daughter missing.

n Wednesday, Dec. 29: All registered sex offenders living in Colorado City are questioned and the homes of Billie Jean Dunn and her estranged husband, Clint Dunn, are searched by local law enforcement.

Read more: http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/hailey-dunn-timeline/
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:21 am

I certainly hope Hailey is hiding and just afraid to come home.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:00 pm

BREAKING: Hailey Dunn's Parents Submit DNA Samples

KTAB - Abilene, TX
Reported by: Laura Kellerman
Monday, January 10 2011

Investigators are following leads of "possible criminal intent" in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean said this morning.

Read more:
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329807
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:17 pm

Nancy Grace to Again Feature Dunn Case Monday

Reported by: Bigcountryhomepage.com Staff Reports
KTAB - Abilene, Tx
Monday, January 10 2011

Producers of the "Nancy Grace" show tell KTAB News they plan to again feature the Hailey Dunn case during tonight's episode on HLN. The broadcast airs from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. CT and is then replayed at 9 p.m.

Some officials and residents of Colorado City have spoken out against the show saying it's "sensationalized" the story and reported incorrect details.

Read more:
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329777
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:01 pm

I am no longer a fan of NG. She takes the latest tragedy and milks it for what it's worth for as long as it her fans return each week. She plays and preys on parents.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi, Cali!

I agree with you. I rarely watch her show or JVM anymore. On occasion, I was interested in what a guest might say but the minute they say something she does not like, she cuts them off, almost yells at them and that is the end of their guest appearance!

I track some of these cases through mainstream media very closely and by the time it is on the NG Show, it is old news to me.

Seems like some of the folks involved in the investigation of Hailey Dunn are not too happy with the NG Show.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:42 pm

And LE is thinking she is alive and in hiding?
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/10/dps-confident-missing-colorado-city-teen-alive-and/
DPS: Confident missing Colorado City teen alive and hiding
Investigators searching for information about the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn of Colorado City are conducting interviews with two girls who were seen with Dunn around the time she vanished.

The identities of the girls were discovered this morning after Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean and Pete Kampfer, city manager for Colorado City, met with middle school students at 8 a.m. to discuss Dunn’s disappearance.

Dean and Kampfer asked Colorado Middle School sixth grade students if they had any information about the two girls who were seen walking east with Dunn in the 200 block of Manuel Street in Colorado City on either Dec. 26 or Dec. 27. Dunn disappeared Dec. 27 after reportedly telling her mother’s live-in boyfriend that she was going to spend the night with a friend.

Dean said they received the names of the two girls after meeting with sixth grade students. The girls previously had been asked generic questions by investigators, and Dean said they would be questioned again to see if they might have any information about where Dunn was going or where she may be.

Dean and Kampfer were planning to meet with high school students later this morning but canceled the meeting after receiving the information from middle school students.

After meeting with sixth grade students, Dean, Kampfer and Texas Ranger Scott Stevenson met with seventh and eighth grade students.

Dean told the students he is confident that Hailey is alive but in hiding, and he asked them to thank police officers for their work when they see them around town.

“I kind of feel like we’re playing hide and seek with no boundaries,” Dean said.

Dean said the city is still a safe place, but he said he understood that they might be afraid for Hailey because he, too, was worried about her.

“We’re all here for Hailey, and we’re going to find Hailey,” Dean said.

© 2011 Abilene Reporter-News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:44 am

Hi, Maat!

This is the most confusing and conflicting info on a case that I have followed in a long time. Have you noticed that?

There are several articles but I don't have time to post all of them. One is about Hailey's father speaking out for the first time.

The article below indicates the case is being investigated as a "runaway" and criminal (deceased or abductor).

Do you feel there is confusion or is it just me?
~~~~~~~~

Statements from Hailey Dunn's Mother and Law Enforcement Don't Match 1/10/11

Beau Berman
CBS 7 News (KOSA) - Odessa, Tx
bberman@cbs7.com
January 10, 2011

Colorado City, Texas -

After a series of valiant yet unsuccessful civilian searches this weekend authorities spent Monday investigating more than 100 leads.

One of the most prominent involved two girls said to have seen Hailey Dunn just before her disappearance.

Hailey’s parents, Billie Jean and Clint Dunn say they’ve provided DNA samples in case authorities need to verify a match with Hailey’s DNA.

Read more:
http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23288

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:53 am

This article has a video which is over 3 minutes; includes interview with Hailey's father.
~~~~~~~
Hailey Dunn's Father Speaks Out

by Anayeli Ruiz
NewsWest 9 - Midland, Tx
January 10, 2011

COLORADO CITY - Two weeks and counting, there's still no sign of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. She disappeared a few days after Christmas and one person we haven't heard much from during this whole ordeal is Hailey's father. Now he's speaking out hoping someone, somewhere, knows something about his daughter.

Read more:
http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13819238
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:47 am

I think it is very confusing. I'm relieved they are not just treating this as a possible runaway situation.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:08 am

I guess it is good they are looking in all directions. At least, they are getting tunnel vision like in Kyron's case. They are considering all options. It does sound confusing, but maybe they have multiple teams looking into it.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next