Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11

+13
One Wonders
Julie
justanopinion
Snaz
linden
Piper
kellikat
Sherry
Gia
sitemama
Cali
Ann - Tx
Justice4all
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 Empty Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11

Post by Justice4all Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:20 pm

Mother Pleads For Safe Return Of Missing Arizona 5-Year-Old

October 14th, 2011

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 Jahess10

The mother of a missing Arizona girl begged for her return in an interview with CNN affiliate KNXV Thursday.

“Please bring my baby back…Her safe return is all I want,” Jerice Hunter said to whoever may have her 5-year-old daughter, Jahessye Shockley.

“She belongs to this family,” she said. “…She’s somebody’s child. Mine. Please bring my child home.”

Hunter’s comments came as Glendale police wrapped up a grid search of her neighborhood and began to move on to the second phase of their investigation where they will be following up on tips they receive from the public.

Read more: http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/14/mother-pleads-for-safe-return-of-missing-arizona-5-year-old/

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 Empty Re: Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11

Post by Justice4all Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Amber Alert canceled; search continues for 5-year-old Jahessye Shockley

Posted: 10/12/2011
By: ABC15.com staff

~Snipped~

Jahessye had reportedly wandered away from siblings at her home a little before 5 p.m. and possibly exited out the front door.

Glendale police said the big tip that came in Wednesday was that a black female between 25 and 30 years old, about 120 pounds, with black hair in a bun and brown eyes, was seen putting a child in a vehicle. That child reportedly matched Jahessye's description.

Police said the woman was wearing a white tank top and blue jeans rolled up to mid-calf.

The vehicle was a black 1998 to 2000 4-door Chevy Malibu, which drove away from the area eastbound on Glendale Avenue.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_west_valley/glendale/amber-alert-issued-for-5-year-old-jahessye-shockley
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 Empty Re: Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11

Post by Justice4all Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Missing Arizona 5-year-old's mom had abuse charge dismissed in 2000

by Adam Thomas/KTAR
October 14th, 2011

PHOENIX -- KTAR has obtained court documents in two separate court cases involving Jerice Yaton Hunter, the mother of a little girl who went missing from their Glendale home on Wednesday. After nearly 48 hours, the Amber Alert for 5-year-old Jahessye Shockley was canceled Friday morning.

Read more: http://www.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1462119

Court Documents:

http://media.bonnint.net/az/27/2745/274512.pdf

http://media.bonnint.net/az/27/2745/274505.pdf

http://media.bonnint.net/az/27/2745/274506.pdf
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Missing Girl's Parents Have Criminal Past

Published : Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 5:51 AM MST

GLENDALE, Ariz. - We're learning more about a missing 5-year-old’s parents -- but police don't consider them suspects.

Jahessye Shockley's father, George, is a registered sex offender.

He is serving time in a California prison.

Read more: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/missing-girls-parents-have-criminal-past-10142011
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 NCMC1181452c1
JAHESSYE SHOCKLEY

Missing Since: 10/11/11
Age Now: 5
Missing from:
GLENDALE, AZ

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

View Poster with more detailed info:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1181452&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children - JAHESSYE SHOCKLEY - Endangered Missing

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Expert discusses profiles of abductors as search continues for Jahessye Shockley

Posted: 10/13/2011
Last Updated: 13 hours and 53 minutes ago

By: Corey Rangel
KNXV - Phoenix, AZ

GLENDALE, AZ - Several national law enforcement agencies are assisting the Glendale Police Department with the search to find a 5-year-old girl who went missing Tuesday night .

Jahessye Shockley was reported missing around 5 p.m. Tuesday from an apartment near Glendale and 43rd avenues. An Amber Alert was issued Wednesday morning.

Robert Hoever, Associate Director of Special Projects at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, told ABC15 it would be hard to come up with a suspect profile.

In certain cases, like infant abductions, the suspects consistently fit a certain profile.

Read more and view video:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_west_valley/glendale/expert-discusses-profiles-of-abductors-as-search-continues-for-5-year-old-jahessye-shockley

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:50 pm

It doesn't sound good, but I hope Jahessye is found safe. Kids just shouldn't disappear.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Again, we find a missing child and little coverage by the media. I do commend Adam Thomas for the report he wrote which was published on 10/14 by KTAR.
After I read those court docs, I began to understand why LE has stopped searching for this adorable innocent girl.

The mother was found guilty in 2005 by the CA courts of ongoing severe physical abuse of her children, sentenced to eight years, and no probation. The probation dept. said no, not this one, never.

I didn't find anything saying how she got out of jail. But apparently she managed to, got her kids back, then left the state of California and her record behind. She had another child who is now three, so that means she served less than half of her sentence.
I was troubled by reading in the docs that the California court said "This woman never ever should have had children."

I strongly feel that she doesn't deserve to ever get them back. She has caused them physical scars, and surely emotional ones which will never heal.

Oh, I don't want to forget this: She is pregnant again.

About this little one who was reported to have gone missing while her mother went to the store ~ mother claims her elder sibs were supposed to watch Jahessye.
They were questioned, and of course they don't know anything that would help LE.

When a child turns up missing, and was from a home where child abuse was the norm, red flags should fly.

Poor little child, I wonder if she will ever be found. This is so sad, and so wrong. If one continuously beats, punches and whips their children, their parental rights should be permanently null and void.

Sad Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 643974
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Grandma: Missing Glendale girl's sisters taken by CPS

by Laurie Merrill - Oct. 16, 2011 05:22 PM
The Arizona Republic

The grandmother of a missing Glendale 5-year-old said Sunday that state Child Protective Services has removed the girl's three siblings from their pregnant mother.

Glendale police said Sunday they are continuing their investigation into the disappearance of Jahessye Shockley and that the mother's criminal history of child abuse is part of the probe.

Jerice Hunter's conviction in a child abuse case "is part of what we are looking at," Glendale police Sgt. Brent Combs said. "They (investigators) are aware of her criminal history."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2011/10/16/20111016glendale-missing-girl-siblings-taken.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:29 am

It gets even worse from here on...The grandmother claims the daughter is a wonderful mother who has turned her life around.

But, now g/ma wants a lawyer (to volunteer, clearly) to help her get the girls back from CPS.
G/ma claims girls shouldn't have been taken away and now what will they think, being split up.

Well, what I think these girls will be thinking is how nice it is to not be battered by the adults in that home they were taken from. Maybe they will be able to sleep soundly when the lights go out. Maybe they will think that this is the best thing that ever happened to them.

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 643974 Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 917988 Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 147439
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Cali wrote:It gets even worse from here on...The grandmother claims the daughter is a wonderful mother who has turned her life around.

But, now g/ma wants a lawyer (to volunteer, clearly) to help her get the girls back from CPS.
G/ma claims girls shouldn't have been taken away and now what will they think, being split up.

Well, what I think these girls will be thinking is how nice it is to not be battered by the adults in that home they were taken from. Maybe they will be able to sleep soundly when the lights go out. Maybe they will think that this is the best thing that ever happened to them.

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 643974 Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 917988 Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 147439

I totally agree with you Cali.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:52 pm

mama ~ Sad, but too true. Too bad CPS didn't rescue more children before they were "gone too soon".
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Police: Missing 5-yr.-old Arizona girl was likely kidnapped

October 17, 2011 5:21 PM

(CBS/AP) PHOENIX - Police looking for a missing 5-year-old Arizona girl, last seen six days ago, said Monday they now believe she was most likely kidnapped.

Jahessye Shockley was last seen on Oct. 11 at her Glendale home by her three older siblings while their mother was running an errand. Police believe she left their apartment through the front door but don't know anything about what happened next.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20121558-504083.html

I wonder if police really believe this or if they are trying to get somebody to let their guard down.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:21 pm

I doubt if anyone is going to tell the truth about this little girl. The family will stick together thru thick and thin, hiding the outrageous truth with lies. But the ongoing parental abuse is evident by the bruises, and scars on the other children who were in that house.

Liberty and justice for all? Crying or Very sad
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:40 am

Police working for new leads in missing Ariz. girl

Published: Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2011 10:05 p.m. MDT
By Amanda Lee Myers, Associated Press

PHOENIX — Police searching for a 5-year-old girl missing for a week fanned out again Tuesday in her suburban Phoenix neighborhood in hopes of turning up new leads.

Authorities have no suspects or evidence in the disappearance of Jahessye (JES'-ee) Shockley, who was last seen Oct. 11 by her three older siblings at the family's Glendale apartment while their mother was running an errand.

Police believe Jahessye left the home through the front door but don't know what happened next.

Authorities say if the girl had some type of accident, they would have found a sign of her by now. They say the fact that they haven't points to a possible kidnapping.

Read more: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700189359/Police-working-for-new-leads-in-missing-Ariz-girl.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Is it just me imagining it or have others also noticed that this case hasn't received much attention? If it wasn't for reading the updates here everyday I wouldn't have even known this little girl was missing.
Gia
Gia

Mood : Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:57 pm

I noticed that Gia. I've never understood why some cases receive never ending coverage and others pretty much get ignored. They have covered this case a bit on Nancy Grace's webpage, but I don't think they covered it on her show.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:02 pm

I am afraid that the lack of publicity is mostly due to the deep-down gut feeling that this girl was not abducted. Considering the evidence of abuse that the other children were "wearing", it seems likely that Jahessye was killed in a rage that was deadly in its fury. The mother should not have regained custody of these children once she was released from prison. She definitely was not rehabilitated, nor was she a motherly soul, in my opinion.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Gia wrote:Is it just me imagining it or have others also noticed that this case hasn't received much attention? If it wasn't for reading the updates here everyday I wouldn't have even known this little girl was missing.
Gia, this case is getting coverage by the Arizona media especially in the Phoenix area. Sadly the national media has not picked up this story. I think MSNBC have covered this story a time or two; nothing significant.

This is a comment I posted on Developing Stories on The Hinky Meter after I posted the Link to the article about the $10,000 reward by LE and $1,000 reward by Silent Witness; an $11,000 reward.

Ann-Tx Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:27 pm

The Arizona media (TV stations and newspapers) are covering the Jahessye Shockley case. Based on the articles I've read regarding this case, it appears LE do believe that Jahessye was kidnapped.

I find it disgusting that the HLN talk shows are all over the baby Lisa Irwin case, especially when it appears the search is confined to the immediate area of the home and surrounding area from where Lisa went missing. LE have not put up a reward in Lisa's case (unless it happened today).

With the talk shows, it seems it has become about Deborah Bradley, the attorneys representing the family and the PI. I think it is a waste of valuable air time that could be devoted to a missing child such as Jahessye Shockley.

Apparently, LE don't believe Lisa Irwin was "kidnapped" or could be in other counties within the state of MO or in another state. JMO

If I remember correctly, the Aliayah Lunsford (3 year old) case in West Virginia got coverage by the HLN shows for one day and then was bumped so they could discuss the Dr. Conrad Murray trial. Now it seems, Murray's trial got bumped for the Lisa Irwin case.

I have said this many times before: One child is not more important than another. Jahessye Shockley, Aliayah Lunsford and other missing children are just as important as Lisa Irwin.

I think it would be real helpful if Shockley's case got national main stream media attention.

It now appears Aliayah Lunsford is no longer with us. Per Aliayah's mother, Aliayah "vanished" from the home. LE are viewing and enhancing many surveillance/security videos from businesses, individual security, etc. in the area after weeks of an intensive search for Aliayah. They are narrowing the time line in this case per a news conference the other day.

Without any doubt in my mind, it is about ratings with some of the national media!

I am very disappointed that the national media did not pick up Jahessye Shockley's story. Their counterparts in Arizona are covering this story!

Okay, I'm through with my rant. It is very sad for children like Jahessye Shockley and Aliayah Lunsford.
Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 Icon_e_sad
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Police offer $11,000 reward for 5-year-old Jahessye Shockley’s return

Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:39 pm
Updated: 5:08 pm, Wed Oct 19, 2011.

by KATHRYN STAFFORD
The Glendale Star - Glendale, AZ

Glendale police held a press conference Oct. 19, announcing an $11,000 reward for information leading to the return of missing 5-year-old Jahessye Shockley, or bringing to justice those involved with her disappearance. Jahessye has been missing since Oct. 11, when her mother called police after returning home from an errand and found the child gone. Jahessye's older siblings were left to watch her, the oldest, a 13-year-old sister.

The Glendale Police Department and Silent Witness are offering a reward for information that will lead to finding 5-year-old Jahessye Shockley or persons responsible for her disappearance. Silent Witness is offering up to $1,000 and the Glendale Police Department is adding an additional $10,000 for a maximum total reward of $11,000.

Read more:

http://www.glendalestar.com/news/headlines/article_d67f8712-faab-11e0-8700-001cc4c03286.html

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 4e9e11a348874.image
Jahessye Shockley

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Jahessye Shockley Case Baffles Police, Frustrates Family$11K reward offered for information

Updated: Wednesday, 19 Oct 2011, 4:18 PM MST
Published : Wednesday, 19 Oct 2011, 12:16 PM MST

KSAZ - Phoenix, AZ

GLENDALE, Ariz. - Emotions are running high for the family of a missing girl from Glendale.

5-year-old Jahessye Shockley was last seen in the area of 45th Avenue and Glendale on October 11 between 4:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.

Police are baffled and the family is frustrated.

Read more:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/glendale/police-shockley-update-10192011

Jahessye Shockley Case Baffles Police, Frustrates Family: MyFoxPHOENIX.com

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:53 pm

Glendale, Silent Witness to offer reward for missing Arizona girl

by KTAR.com (October 19th, 2011 @ 2:46pm)
Phoenix, AZ

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 299
Pictured on left is Darren Burch of Silent Witness.
On the right is Glendale Police Sergeant Bruce Coombs.

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Police searching for a 5-year-old girl missing for a week have again fanned out in her suburban Phoenix neighborhood in hopes of turning up new leads.
Read more:

http://ktar.com/category/local-news-articles/20111019/Glendale,-Silent-Witness-to-offer-reward-for-missing-Arizona-girl/

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:00 am

Piece of landfill roped off in missing girl search

Posted: Oct 19, 2011 8:49 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 19, 2011 9:26 PM CDT

By Phil Benson
KPHO - Phoenix, AZ

GLENDALE, AZ (KPHO) - Investigators searching for a missing 5-year-old Glendale girl roped off a section of the city's landfill on Wednesday.

Jhessye Shockley was last seen by her three older siblings on Oct. 11 after their mother went out to run an errand. Police suspect the girl left through the front door of her home in Glendale.

http://www.kpho.com/story/15735879/piece-of-landfill-roped-off-in-missing-girl-search

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 15735879_BG1
Glendale Landfill
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:24 am

Snippets of the Glendale Police Department Press Conference today, 10-19-11, in the video!

PD: $11,000 reward in case of missing Glendale girl

Posted: 10/19/2011
Last Updated: 2 hours and 54 minutes ago

By: MaryEllen Resendez
By: ABC15.com staff

KNXV - Phoenix, AZ

GLENDALE, AZ - Glendale police could soon be searching the city's landfill for a missing 5-year-old girl.

Police say they've been checking out every tip, but none has led them to find little Jhessye Shockley.

Jhessye's mother reported her missing around 5 p.m. on Tuesday, October 11.

Read more:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_west_valley/glendale/pd%3A-reward-to-be-offered-in-case-of-missing-glendale-girl

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:43 am

This is an earlier article regarding the Glendale Police Department Press Conference held Tuesday morning, 10-19-11.

Police give update on missing 5-year-old Jahessye Shockley

Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:00 pm | Updated: 4:54 pm, Tue Oct 18, 2011.

By KATHRYN STAFFORD, Staff Writer
The Glendale Star - Glendale, AZ

Glendale Police Department officials held a press conference Tuesday morning regarding updates in the case of missing 5-year-old Glendale resident Jahessye Shockley.

Sgt. Brent Coombs and Commander Rick St. John of the Criminal Investigation Division answered questions and offered developing information. St. John has primary oversight into the investigation of the case.

"Let me make it clear that the men and women of the Glendale Police Department are dedicated to seeing this case through with a complete and thorough investigation unbiased in every way for the safe return of Jesse Shockley," St. John said. "We are continuing to work this case to the best of our ability and with the resources available to us, including experts from the federal government, local and state agencies."

Read more:

http://www.glendalestar.com/news/headlines/article_1f7ba3d8-f9e4-11e0-ac6b-001cc4c03286.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Missing girl's family: Where's the national media?

Posted: Oct 19, 2011 11:14 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 20, 2011 8:53 AM CDT

By Cara Liu
KPHO - Phoenix, AZ

PHOENIX (KPHO) - The story about Jhessye Shockley's disappearance has been on the local news every day since her disappearance last Tuesday. But her case has received precious little national coverage.

http://www.kpho.com/story/15736488/missing-girls-family-wheres-the-national-media

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 15736488_BG1
Shirley Johnson
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:22 pm

October 20, 2011 2:13 PM

Family of missing 5-yr.-old Arizona girl asks, why no national media coverage?

By Casey Glynn - CBS News

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 AP111013064618_244x183
Jahessye Shockley
(Credit: File, AP Photo/Glendale Police Department)

(CBS/KPHO) PHOENIX - Although last week's disappearance of Jahessye Shockley has been covered faithfully by local media, the grandmother of the 5-year-old Arizona girl is wondering why her granddaughter's case has received very little national coverage.

Read more:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20123223-504083.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:29 pm

October 20th, 2011
02:42 PM ET

CNN - Nancy Grace

$11,000 Reward Offered for Missing Arizona Girl

Glendale police announced Wednesday that they are now offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the recovery of a 5-year-old girl who has been missing for over a week.

This is in addition to up to $1,000 already being offered by Silent Witness, bringing the total official reward for information about Jahessye Shockley to $11,000. Jahessye’s mother reported her missing from her apartment on October 11.

Read more:

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/20/11000-reward-offered-for-missing-arizona-girl/?hpt=ng_mid

Jhessye Shockley -- Missing 10/11/11 Jahessye.shockley
Jahessye Shockley
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:47 pm

I notice that the grandmother has been the face in the media while the mother keeps a low profile.

I'm also wondering if the family members have been asked to do a LDT.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:23 pm

I've just been trying to get up speed on this case and reading all the links and posts.

Jerice (the mother) was found guilty for cruel and brutal treatment of her children and a psychologist claimed that she could be rehabilitated by learning parenting skills. I'm just not sure that is possible. There's a huge difference between erring as a parent due to a lack of skills, maturity and support, versus being cruel and abusive with little regard for them as human beings that hurt.

I don't have a good feeling about this mother and while it is possible that a stranger may have abducted the child of an abuser ... I also cannot help thinking that very often abuse goes too far and doesn't end well.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Gia ~ ITA about the mother. Rehabilation didn't work, she had continued to abuse her children up until Jahessye was reported missing, and then the remaining children were removed by CPS. I wonder how she managed to fly under the radar while continuing to beat up her children. Their stepfather joined in the abuse.

This is a no-win situation. Mom pregnant, can't be given a LDT....hhummmm - does this sound familiar. The grandma wailing to the media about "needing a lawyer" to help get those kids out of protected custody. The family circling the wagons, deny in the face of bruised little bodies of the siblings. I don't think the media wants much to do with this case. There are sometimes limits to what the public wants to hear. This gets more sad, more hopeless day by day.

Poor adorable innocent little girl ~ she needed someone to love and protect her, not what she got.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:59 am

Cali wrote:Gia ~ ITA about the mother. Rehabilation didn't work, she had continued to abuse her children up until Jahessye was reported missing, and then the remaining children were removed by CPS. I wonder how she managed to fly under the radar while continuing to beat up her children. Their stepfather joined in the abuse.

This is a no-win situation. Mom pregnant, can't be given a LDT....hhummmm - does this sound familiar. The grandma wailing to the media about "needing a lawyer" to help get those kids out of protected custody. The family circling the wagons, deny in the face of bruised little bodies of the siblings. I don't think the media wants much to do with this case. There are sometimes limits to what the public wants to hear. This gets more sad, more hopeless day by day.

Poor adorable innocent little girl ~ she needed someone to love and protect her, not what she got.

Cali, thanks for filling me in with the updated news. This story is so sad. Some people are beyond being rehabilitated and it's puzzling why they are the one's who breed at the same rate as rabbits. When I was a volunteer at Child Welfare we used to speak about the "replacements," - when Child Welfare removes one child, the mother falls pregnant and immediately replaces the one taken away.

I'm going to see if I can find anything about the person who witnessed a child resembling Jahessye being abducted because this sounds very much like abuse that went too far.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:13 am

Family member of missing 5-year-old begs for national media attention

By Lateef Mungin, CNN

updated 6:34 AM EST, Fri October 21, 2011

(CNN) -- Ten days later and despite an $11,000 reward, police have not found a missing 5-year old Arizona girl.

Jahessye Shockley wandered out of her Glendale, Arizona home on October 11, unnoticed by her older siblings who were supposed to be watching her. Her mother called police after returning home from an errand.

In the first three days after the girl went missing, Glendale police wrapped up a grid search of her neighborhood and moved into the second phase of their investigation where they are following up on tips they receive from the public.

Family members have begged for information on Jahessye's whereabouts.

Read more:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/21/justice/arizona-missing-girl/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:20 pm

These family members who are complaining about the lack of media attention would be the first to scream if there were pics published of the recent bruises and scars on Jahessye's siblings.
This darling little girl probably had no opportunity to run away from that house.

not fair Sad

Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Cousin says she called CPS about Jahessye Shockley

Friday, October 21, 2011 at 07:18 PM

A relative who helped raise a missing 5-year-old Glendale girl says she called Child Protective Services several times to report her suspicions that the girl and her older sister were being abused.

Mahogany Hightower, one of four cousins who took care of Jahessye Shockley for the first four years of her life, told me she last saw the little girl in April, at a family barbecue.

“She cried really bad, telling us she wanted us to take her home,” Hightower said. “She wanted to go home now. We told her you can't come home with us now but you will later. She goes, “I can't go later. I've got to go now.' ”

It is now 11 days since Jahessye disappeared, vanishing out of thin air while her mother, Jerice Hunter, was out doing errands.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/LaurieRoberts/146522
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:35 pm

Shockley case gets national coverage

by Marie Saavedra, 3TV
azfamily.com - Phoenix, AZ

Posted on October 22, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Updated today at 11:59 AM

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- 5-year-old Jahessye Shockley was last scene in Glendale ten days ago, but now she's being seen by a national audience.

http://www.azfamily.com/video/featured-videos/Network-cable-news-picks-up-Jahessye-Schockley-disappearance-132360283.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:48 pm

What it looks like to me:
Poor terrified, bruised, battered and shattered helpless children. They were returned to a mother who would care less about their welfare, banking on them for welfare benefits she could collect. The missing Jahessye must have been caught up in one of her mama's deadly rages.
There would be no escape for poor little Jahessye.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:29 pm

What is evident in this case is that despite whether the mother had anything to do with Jahessye's disappearance, these children were still being abused and CPS failed to protect them.

It is really upsetting that we hear the same story day-after-day ... that children are being abused and remain in the care of the abuser despite there being a history of abuse and CPS knowing that the children are being hurt and harmed.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Ann, thanks for the updates.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Another one who never walked away on her own two feet.
Another one with lots of sibs and more to come.
Another one who came from an abusive home.
Another family who rants about the lack of mass media coverage of Jahessye as a "missing" child. The family blames race as the reason. It's too bad that the family members doing the complaing aren't confronted with pictures of recent bruises on the remaining children.

I believe that this poor little one isn't missing as in someone snatched her, she is missing because her bruises were most likely over-kill.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:45 am

Police, family at odds as Glendale girl remains missing

Posted: 10/24/2011
Last Updated: 3 hours and 41 minutes ago

By: Angie Holdsworth
KNXV - Phoenix, AZ

GLENDALE, AZ - The mother of missing Glendale girl Jhessye Shockley lashed out at the media at a rally Monday at the State Capitol. The event was organized to try to bring more attention to the case.

Jerice Hunter made tearful pleas for her child's safe return but quickly became angry when asked point blank questions about whether she hurt Jhessye.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_west_valley/glendale/no-trace-of-5-year-old-jhessye-shockley-missing-2-weeks#ixzz1blWG31Hr

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:27 am

Wow! What an outburst. No wonder she served time for child abuse ... the woman has no self control. And how can she say the stories of abuse are lies when she was reported by her children and family and was convicted in a court of law.

I'm thinking that she's possibly mentally unstable.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:55 pm

http://www.kpho.com/story/15875940/volunteer-in-missing-girl-case-takes-unconventional-approach

Woman dresses as a sexy cop in order to stop people to take a flier. Video in above link.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:17 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:24 am

Too bad the G/ma didn't fight more for the rights of her G/kids. She is very focused on making excuses for her daughter and blaming LE for not investigating all the sex offenders in the area. The children in that house were beaten, cruelly and often, some had fresh scars when the county removed them from their mother. What would make LE believe that this child snuck out of the house and was nabbed by someone. These kids were probably all street-wise, had to be to stay alive in that house that was not a home.
This makes me so upset, and saddened to think of all the other "missing" children like Jahessye, who were denied the love they deserved.
The above is my opinion.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:25 am

Cali, I read that it was the grandmother that reported the abuse and was wondering if it is the same one who is fighting now for more media coverage and making excuses for the mom. If so, then she does have a memory selection problem.

I'm keeping an open mind to the possibility that a child who was very likely being abused was also abducted by a stranger, but the mother needs to realise that she can hardly declare herself as MOTY when the opposite is true.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Gia ~ Yes, you are right. In California in 2005 the G/ma reported the beatings after seeing a cut on the 3-year-old grandchild's leg. The mother, Jerice Hunter, was sentenced to 8 years in prison. At the time of the sentencing parole was taken out of the picture entirely as the mother was deemed a threat to her children.
The reason for her early release and getting her children back has not been publicly divulged at this time. I believe the children ended up being cared for by family members while Jerice was in prison.
The grandmother seems well-versed in legalese. No doubt she helped Jerice to get out of jail before the full sentence was served. Perhaps the children were the deal-breaker.
Clearly, nothing was done with the priority being the best interests of the children.
The mother has the gall to tell people to not consider her past, yet it was in the present that her children continue to be beaten.
All my opinion.

Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:25 pm

No new is bad news. No news is sad news. Sad

Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Missing Glendale girl's mom gives birth

by KTAR.com (October 28th, 2011 @ 9:26am)

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The mother of a 5-year-old Glendale girl, who has been missing more than two weeks, has given birth, according to Fox 10.

Fox 10 reported Friday that a family friend said Jerice Hunter gave birth on Tuesday and has now returned to her Glendale home.

Read more: http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1465605
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next